[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 22

File: funpolice.png (743KB, 930x350px) Image search: [Google]
funpolice.png
743KB, 930x350px
Lantern Control takes another GP edition

Thoughts on the deck?

How do you feel about the current meta?

Anything that should be banned/unbanned?

RESOURCES
Current Modern Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

DATABASES
magiccards.info
gatherer.wizards.com

READINGS
Modern Affinity with aether revolt
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/modern-affinity-with-aether-revolt/
>>
>>51803873

You're right. My apologies anon. I'll keep my theoretical quackery to a different, less sensible audience.
>>
tron is for shitters
>>
Affinity is going to win.
>>
am I bad or is grixis delver not that good of a deck
>>
>>51805303
playing delver is kind of like walking a tight rope and it's not in a great position in the current meta
>>
>10-1 living end
>>
>amulet titan vs living end
Nice to see something other than eldrazi tron vs Death's shadow
>>
>>51804560
Has Wizards or the organizers for the GPs released any attendance figures? I'd really like to see that desu.
>>
>http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14731&f=MO
>Stompy
>>
Why is Eldrazi tron so pushed recently?

Did I missed something?
>>
Mox Opal Ban confirmed 100%, sell soon.
>>
>>51807108
fuck off shitposter, no opal deck has been putting up numbers enough to warrant a ban
>>
DS is a zombie deck though. It's going to be banned into oblivion for sure.
>>
>>51805303
>>51805357
I've been playing it a bit and it doesn't feel particularly strong, but it's a fun deck. Singleton Collective Brutality has been pretty good to me. I don't really know what to put in sb so I just threw together some good niche cards.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-02-17-modern-grixis-delver/
>>
>>51807301
haha what the fuck is that list
>>
>>51807301
>IoK
>Thoughtsieze
>pyromancer
>lavamancer
>17 lands with probe ban
>2 snapcaster
>that sideboard
>no tasigur
You really should look at some other lists man, this list is just so cluttered in what it wants to do and doesn't really take advantage of being grixis.

Here's a video about kevin jones discussing the deck post probe ban, he's a pretty known grixis delver player and I'd recommend watching it if you're interested in playing delver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v844YLNeorI
>>
>>51807343
Don't be rude, anon
>>51807423
I see, thanks. I just threw together a list off the top of my head because some friends wanted me to play modern with them.
>>
If they ban opal I am selling all my cards and start making top quality fakes just to fuck with the company.

This rollercoaster of destroying formats because of whinny redditors has gone far enough.
>>
>>51807506
why not make top quality fakes right now? if they're really top quality you're going to earn yourself a few bucks
>>
I just called Rich Hagon condescending in Twitch chat and he replied on stream lel.
>>
So what decks are you going to play after affinity is killed?
>>
>>51807600
I don't need the money. I will only dedicate time to do this only if I am filled with a single more drop of hatred for the shitters that run this company.

I don't even play anything with mox opal. The shitty bans tilt me so much.
>>
>>51807622
(you)
>>
>>51807628
>I don't need the money
Said no one ever. If you've got the chance to earn easy money, take it. It's not like you have to feel bad for WotC either.
>>
>>51807616
Is there a commentator worse than him?
>>
>>51807628
>>51807506
literal autism.

I look forward to you leaving the game when Opal is inevitably banned.
>>
>>51807683
Andrew Boswell is dull as all fuck whenever he does SCG.
>>
>>51804560
>Thoughts on the deck?
>thoughts on a deck designed to sit behind a wall of ensnaring bridges and pithing needles while giving you a death by a thousand cuts

Literally the fun police, as you said.
>>
>>51806452
It's incredibly well positioned right now.
>>
>>51807668
I make so much more per hour at my work it would be a silly time investment.

Hatred is a different thing. It becomes recreation.

>>51807687
Fuck your fat mothers cunt you degenerate piece of shit. Look down upon your tiny dick and know that even though your mother lets you fuck her in the basement, she never enjoys it as much as she does with the other HIV positive hobos she has sex with.
>>
>>51807506
Save your time man. Drop a couple hundred on the Chinaman fakes, go to another community while you're travelling, and give them away in playsets.

Some dual lands to that guy, some fetches to that guy, some shocks to that other guy, you get a Liliana, you get a Goyf, etc.

Do it quickly and in a place without a camera. Some will destroy them, but some... they will do the real dirty work for you and attempt to sell them. Or they'll just keep and use them.

But the important thing is, you've let everyone there know that this shit is available. As for the store, they shouldn't be dealing in huge quantities of those cards anyways; only an idiot would be holding on to Modern/Legacy staples and not trying to convert them to cash immediately.
>>
>>51807687
t. tron/mono black control player
>>
>>51807882
Storm actually.
>>
Do boggle have any real chance against grishoalbrand? There is one in my local meta and i dont know how to deal with it (beside sideboard RIP)
>>
>>51807896
>storm player crying for bans after their deck has been neutered time and time again
like pottery, fuck off and cry for bans elsewhere stormcuck
>>
>>51807909
You could also board pretty much any white 2 drop hatebear.
>>
>>51807928
Banning mox opal would actually hurt my brew of storm though. The thing is, I want the banlist to be consistently applied, and wizards cannot do that without banning mox opal at this point.
>>
>>51807909
Path it. It's the only/best option. Don't let them use the lifelink, kill them on the crackback. It doesn't matter if they've drawn 7 cards, you should be able to kill them in one or two attacks.
>>
>>51808012
Ok, but in response to my path grishoalbrad player just activates ability again and begins to execute his combo.
>>
>>51808003
>i want the banlist consistently applied
Mox doesn't meet the criteria for anything on the banlist fuck off retard

>inb4 f-f-fast mana
requires a serious deckbuilding restriction and even in those decks it doesn't always turn on consistently, not to mention an extra mana doesn't do a ton for affinity or lantern.
>inb4 cheerios
folds to literally any interaction and is less than 1% of the meta as well as no tourny results
>inb4 eye of ugin
Completely different situation

stay retarded
>>
>>51808065
>>inb4 eye of ugin
>Completely different situation.

This.

Mox doesn't allow you to dump 8 power on board turn one.
>>
>>51808037
It's your best option. It's not perfect. You could play Surgical if you want but that card is really narrow and isn't as flexible as other sideboard options.
>>
>>51808085
>except when affinity does it.
>>
>>51808092
Ok, ty for answer anyway.
>>
>>51808109
>0 mana creatures

vs

>dumping 2 drops for free

we know at this point you're bad at magic but come the uck on.
>>
>>51808109
>8 power t1
>affinity
I'm no affinity player but anything close to this from affinity would require the most nut draw, so it's not even relevant
>>
>>51808150
The 8 power t1 eldrazi plays were also nut draws. Be consistent, or stop trying.
>>
>>51808164

Eldrazi was broken, deal with it.
>>
>>51808164
It's literally sculpted once in 10,000 games hand vs great hand from eldrazi.

see
>>51808140

keep crying for bans though retard
>>
>>51808214
So is Mox Opal. Deal with it.
>>
>>51808216
No, it's literally basically the same odds for each.
>>
>>51808227
It literally isn't though you're actually fucking retarded. Give reasons for why it's even banworthy and be specific and we'll tell you why you're an idiot.

>inb4 vintage level card memes
>>
>>51808243
I've already given reasons, you're just in denial as an affinity cuck unwilling to adapt.

It enables degeneracy with sramos, props up Lantern Control, the most unfun deck ever created, and allows Affinity to act as the splinter twin of the format.

All of these have resulted in card bans before. (Respectively, storm bans, egg bans, and splinter twin bans).

It provides fast mana too well in modern, and what may have been a fair deckbuilding restriction in the past is no longer fair after another fucking artifact based set.
>>
ban eldrazi temple, no fast mana should be allowed in modern
>>
>>51808284
>lantern is unfun
>tapping creatures sideways round after round with your opponent while waiting to topdeck some sort of answer is ok for magic because that's what I like

hmm really makes you think.
>>
Ban strawmen, no kindling should be allowed in modern.
>>
>>51808428
Don't get me wrong, I've actually had a lot of fun playing as lantern, or playing against it with Gift's Ungiven. But there's no denying that to the community at large it's worse than eggs ever was.
>>
Yunno, I'm not even concerned about deck power levels at this point. And I have like 6 solid Modern decks but I have to move the land base around.

My problem is that most people don't get to go beyond one Modern deck. Or they get one only to get it banned into the ground.

I don't even feel like talking about broken cards in real life or the store anymore when the problem is that there are less and less players able to get some diversity in the decks they play.

I'm feeling like we're complaining that the champagne is warm.
>>
>>51808284
you've given no viable reasons as to why it meets banlist criteria in this thread you idiot.

>degeneracy in cheerios
A deck that folds to literally any interaction and is less than 1% of the meta on top of 0 tourny results? yeah real banworthy idiot
>propsup lantern the most unfun deck ever made
Wotc doesn't do emotional balance but nice try timmy, I'm sorry it hurts your fee fees
>affinity as splinter twin of the format
lol no affinity gets blasted by hate and Ben confirmed on stream yesterday they like how affinity is in the metagame.

All of these have resulted in bans
Cheerios is not as degenerate nor as consistent as old storm, try again retard.
>eggs ban
Eggs was banned for tourny logistics not for emotional balance, also lantern is much faster than eggs is when the lock is in place and the game is all but won. strike 2
>splinter twin ban
A ban that was only because of the pt and almost everyone universally agrees was a mistake?

>fast mana
>implying it's still not a fair restriction
>implying kaladesh made it easier to turn on
Yeah ornithopters and memnites are totally playable without opal, not to mention it's nowhere near eye of ugin in terms of "fast mana"

I don't even play affinity/lantern/cheerios so before you try that bullshit maybe you should realize not everybody is a timmy like you and requires useless bans

t. grxis delver player
>>
>>51808451
Eggs was banned because it went to time too often and literally held up tournaments. Lantern doesn't meet anything in that criteria
>>
>>51808555
This.

Eggs was basically playing solitaire for 20 minutes or more.
>>
>>51808555
Eggs was only banned after it showed up in a major tourney stream, in a way that they couldn't flash away from because it was the final match.

Guess what just ended up on a major tournament stream in a way that they couldn't ignore?
>>
>>51808284
>Sram
>degenerate
>has only been in 2 top8 cheerios lists
Oh yeah, real degenerate.

>affinity is the splinter twin of the format
You're talking about the T4 Infect win, right? Affinity is the #1 reason why you run silver bullets against artifacts. Twin forced you to approach game play in an entirely different direction, Affinity is just "oh no, you have to side against a popular deck"

>using "unfun" in a competitive format
Git Gud nerd.

> is no longer fair after another fucking artifact based set.
An artifact set, who's biggest contribution is Push.

>>51808574
Eggs was logistics ban, not an overpowered ban. Same reason why we can't run Countertop in the format
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-19-12-44-12.png (262KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-19-12-44-12.png
262KB, 1080x1920px
How can I improve my Mono White Hatebears?
>>
>>51808610
You make it Eldrazi and Taxes
>>
File: laughing sluts.png (124KB, 520x466px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sluts.png
124KB, 520x466px
>>51808284
>It enables degeneracy with sramos
>>
>>51808620

Tried both, I get better results with this
>>
>>51808574
>Modern tournaments have recently been diverse, with no dominant deck. However, large tournaments have had a problem with the Eggs deck, causing rounds to take significantly longer.
The deck uses Second Sunrise and Faith's Reward to get back cards that generate mana, such as Lotus Bloom, and various artifacts that draw a card. A common choice to win the game is Pyrite Spellbomb. However, the way the player gets to the point of forcing a win might involve casting Second Sunrise so many times that the entire library is drawn, and only cards put back with Conjurer's Bauble are left. A single turn might take fifteen minutes or more.
In a large tournament, such as a Grand Prix, when time for the round expires, players are given five additional turns to complete their game. Usually, this takes a few minutes to conclude the rest of the games. However, a player playing Eggs might have a fifteen-minute turn during the additional turns, delaying the start of the next round by ten minutes or more (beyond the next-longest match). Over the course of a day, this can mean an extra hour of waiting for everyone else in the tournament.
The DCI considered which card to ban to deal with this issue. We decided to try and do the narrowest possible ban: one that would reduce the chance of such long turns without banning a card used in other decks. That is why Second Sunrise is banned in Modern.

Literally why it was banned and lantern meets nothing on the eggs ban criteria dipshit keep crying.
>>
>>51808610
Cut two Serra Avengers for a Flickerwisp and a Resto Angel
>>
Ban mox opal banposters
>>
>>51808647

I never really understood 4 Resto angels, it's not a card I really want to see multiples of.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12376373/r

Let's settle this
>>
>>51808821
Ban Opal and take spirit guide with it
>>
>>51808821
Damn I just voted to ban thinking it was multiple choice and I could vote on all of them.
>>
>>51808821
Ban Opal
>>
>>51808821
As bad as WoTC is, the players are the worst part of this format desu, senpais.
>>
Those of you who want Mox Opal banned: do you have any accomplishments in this game?
>>
>>51808972
you already know they don't so why are you asking? Only literal shitters or starved content creators advocate for a mox opal ban.
>>
>>51808972
do you?
>>
File: retarded.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>51809023
>you already know they don't so why are you asking?
Maybe it will prompt them to self reflect...
>>
>>51808972
I lose to lantern and affinity than cry myself to sleep every day.
>>
>>51809073
It's OK Timmy, I'm sure when wotc bans those big mean problematic decks out of the format your fungus tribal will be viable.
>>
>>51809027
Sorta. I have some PTQ top 8s from before 2015. Last year I went to 3 PPTQs and top 8'd two of them. Haven't been to many GPs, but I made day 2 at one.

So, I'm not a great player, but I'm not /tg/ average either.

Anyway, I could see a Mox Opal ban, but I'm certainly not going to cry about the card. I suspect the folks complaining about cheerios are just trolls, since the deck is awful.
>>
>>51809104
That's a relief this format goes way to fast I can't even get 11 forests to cast my woldspine wurm.
>>
>>51808821
UNBAN PROBE

MAKE DELVER GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>51809206
They should unban ponder and preordain while there at it too.
>>
>>51809374
like actually though
>>
>>51808109
I pretty sure its not even possible to do that in Affinity
If you had a master of ethrium, 2 opals, a citadel and three memnites, yeah you have 8 power, but that is a godhand that still ends up eating shit because
>no haste
>no protection from removal
>>
>>51809535
I'm not sure what your saying but I'm being 100% serious.
>>
>>51809585
I think he was doing some cranial plating math or something but I don't think I've ever seen a godhand from affinity were they get more than 3 or 4 on board t1. Hell if you can answer those starts too they usually run out of gas too since that was most of their hand and their board probably consists of some amount of memnites/ornithopters + payoff card.
>>
>>51809705
Well I mean if you play a Glimmervoid, an Opal, and two 0 cost dudes, you can get off two Galvanic blasts. That's 8 damage turn 1
>>
>>51809619
oh. Well, unban most things desu.
>>
>>51809808
not really comparable since it's not going to swing the next turn like a creature. Still, I don't even know how that retard can compare nut eldrazi hands to affinty hands it's almost like they never played during eldrazi winter.
>>
>>51809855
A lot of people didn't play during the eldrazi winter, because of the big bad Hispanic tentacle boogyman
Most Game stores here in Toronto seemed to have been devoid of tentacles, but that didn't stop people from avoiding FNM like the plague.
>>
Ban Mox Opal, Unban Artifact Lands
>>
>>51810327
Did you even play during mirrodin? artifact lands break affinity worse than opal ever could.
>>
File: piasrevolution.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
piasrevolution.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
Think we can find a way to reliably smash the patriarchy in modern?
I was thinking some kind of Eggs deck.
>>
>>51810342
Artifact removal and other such tools are far better now than they were in mirrodin (I've been playing since invasion). Affinity would be tame if it was slower, not more consistent. Also, the artifact lands would promote more interesting decks.
>>
>>51810408
If you've gone off with Eggs you don't need a shitty enchantment to win you the game.
>>
>>51810428
Artifact lands essentially tap for 2 in affinity, we would not only see a "slower" build of affinity but it would allow it to hedge into other colors with little to no repercussions, effectively powering the deck even further. Yeah it gets "slowed" down, but it turns into a powerhouse at not much cost to speed and would probably hedge maindecks and sideboards even more than it does currently. We have all of the anti-artifact cards currently and affinity is still a competitive deck, I'm not sure why you'd think it'd be better with artifact lands instead of a card that sometimes enables an extra mana t1 and is a dead draw outside of the early game.

Also what "interesting" decks would artifact lands promote? flavors of affinity?
>>
>>51805064
This

>>51805303
Probably both
>>
>>51807683
>CVM
>Ryan Overturf
>Brian David Marshall
Take your pick
>>
>>51810646
>Ryan Overturf
Forgot about him.

I don't mind BDM as much as Ryan or Rich, though he is bad.
>>
>>51808569
How is Lantern not playing solitaire?
>>
>>51807683
Rashaad Miller
>>
>>51810672
I take it back.

Is there a commentator worse than Rashaad?
>>
Is there a streamer who punts more than SaffronOlive?
>>
>>51810670
The deck is literally built around interacting with the opponent senpai. You play discard, removal and your mill rocks are interacting with the top of your opponents library. Just because the endgame is to lock out+mill does not mean you aren't interacting up until that point.

Lantern is one of the most interactive decks in the format currently, regardless of whether or not it's "unfun" to play against.
>>
>>51810646
Marshall Sutcliffe is a lot worse than those guys.
>>
>>51810408
>whats that, a harmless egg?
>sure.jpeg
>oh look a different one
>sure.jpeg
>another one?
>sure.jpeg
>40 minutes later
>this single egg can kill me?
>nope.jpeg
>>
>>51810709
I believe the reason people think lantern is uninteractive is because it removes your opponent's ability to interact at all. Their only options become fetching to hopefully bury good cards two or three from the top?
>>
>>51810670
>how is this extremely interactive deck not playing solitaire?
Baka senpai.
>>
>>51810753
Marshall Sutcliffe has turned me off ever since I watched one of his CFB draft videos and he made a pick with absolutely retarded logic and got severely punished for it. At least he has a voice that is nice to listen to. Not like Chris "Shy autist who never learned to speak up" Van Meter, Brian "I'm constantly holding my nose" David Marshal and Ryan "I'm that one smug blue player who thinks he knows everything but is WAY off base" Overturf.
>>
>>51810706
I've seen Gabby Temur Battle Rage her Zoo creature that was blocked by a Spellskite. That's probably the worst play I've ever seen.
>>
How did WOTC manage to make another bad standard?

We are like 3 years of bad standards in a row right now.
>>
>>51810706
Idk about streamers but have you seen Pascal Maynard's CFB content? I have no idea how this guy has a job if he doesn't even know what the cards in his deck do 98% of the time. Constant misplays and on top of that he's French Canadian
>>
>>51810769
Yeah once you have a good lock in place the only ways around it are instant speed draw, shuffle effects (fetches,path) or some hate slips through. But you have to realize once a proper lock is in place lantern has practically won and up until that point, you bet that there was interaction going both ways.

Like I said, just because the endgame is a lock, doesn't mean the deck is uninteractive and certainly doesn't qualify it as a goldfish deck like some paint it out to be.
>>
>>51810838
It's because of their policy of bad answers and good creatures, and their hatred of blue and non-creature spells. It'll be terrible until they realize how retarded they've been.
>>
>>51810838
They question is how they were ever able to ever make a good Standard environment.

Their practices go further back than 3 years.

Internal inbred testing of Standard 20 people at most, no outside input whatsoever, an absurd difference in P/T and card advantage between Mythic and Rare, no good interplay or cards between decks that utilize ramp, countermagic, land death, or Naturalize targets (i.e. nothing but creatures and walkers), and a format that is almost solved before Gameday.

You can't fix the format solving, but you can easily fucking address the others.
>>
>>51810838
Because standard players see the price tag on modern and figure "it's cheaper to keep playing standard".
>>
File: 1387850227320.jpg (70KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1387850227320.jpg
70KB, 330x319px
>yet another GP absolutely dominated by explosive aggro
cool format you guys have here
>>
>>51810944
Just because they are autist, or don't know how to order chinamen fakes
>>
>>51810958
>lantern control won gp brisbane
>gp brisbane had a varied top 8
Sure thing standard babby
>>
>>51810997
I don't blame them for not taking a stranger on the internet's promise to deliver a counterfeit product. I tried it once and never heard back from him.
Honestly, I'm glad they avoid the format since people just starting Modern gravitate towards Burn and Tron most often.
>>
>>51810997

Are chinamen fakes indistinguishable at this point?
>>
>>51804560
Cheerios seems super busted. Very consistent turn 3 win rate, just slightly less turn 2. I think Retract should be banned.
>>
>>51811099
Stop tapping out and you'll beat it.
>>
>>51811099
>less than 1% of the meta
>no tournament results even with the 2 GP's recently
>folds to literally any interaction from the opponent
>often time fizzles if you try to go for it early
Sure thing kiddo
>>
>>51811131
maybe it's just me then. I keep getting stomped. Also the streamers I watch have been stomping with the deck. Seems very powerful.
>>
>>51811160
>I keep getting stomped
What are you playing?
>>
>>51811160
It's literally a meme deck. If it was actually good it would be at least a decent portion of the mtgo metagame and currently it's less than 1% on top of having no results in paper. The deck folds to so much stuff it's ridiculous. Spell snare stops the engines from coming down, abrupt decay kills the engines 100% of the time, surgical rapes the deck. Not to mention both engines die to 2 damage and the deck has trouble fighting through counter magic. That's not even going into sideboard options that are possible that also shit on the deck.

I have no idea what you're playing but you're either playing something bad, non-interactive or you have terrible luck.
>>
>>51810881

i like that loam gets through it, but it can STILL get through it by saccing lantern to make you shuffle and academy ruins solves that too
>>
>>51811160
What fucking deck are you playing?

Even my U/R Delver/Fiend meme brew holds it in check without counter spells main board.
>>
Considering 2 Dredges went top 8, what does this mean for the Deck? Was a hit of luck or is still powerful and will appear more in the future?
>>
>>51811131

>folds to interaction
>t1-2 iok
>take puresteel
>they topdeck puresteel and go off

it folds
>>
>>51811364
Bolt it, terminate it, Abrupt Decay it, Fatal Push it.
This is not hard.
>>
>>51811364
>8 cards
>implying that happens consistently
Play the deck or play against it, it folds to removal spells, discard and sure as fuck can't beat extraction. not to mention playing through counter magic.

kys
>>
File: 1487442995940.jpg (42KB, 493x575px) Image search: [Google]
1487442995940.jpg
42KB, 493x575px
I'm looking at this old budget magic https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-99-69-tix-modern-dark-dwellers-stone-rain and I want to remake it since my lgs is full of nothing but tron and I want to taste the butthurt. What changes would you make to bring it up to date?

Note: the keyword here is maximum butthurt.
>>
>>51811429
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-99-69-tix-modern-dark-dwellers-stone-rain
Look into RG ponza it's basically the same thing.
>>
>>51808610
add other Thalia
>>
>>51811448
>RG ponza
Fuck yes I forgot all about that. Cheers
>>
>>51811351

Probably means a lot of people cut out their GY hate after the ban and got BTFO by it?
>>
>>51811351
the players playing lee shi tian and zen takahashi, players who probably could have top 8'd with any deck.
>>
File: 1404581537167.jpg (14KB, 405x447px) Image search: [Google]
1404581537167.jpg
14KB, 405x447px
>>51811027
Not him, but Brisbane had a combination of three GY decks and five aggressive decks in the top 8. And GP Vancouver just got demolished by Death Zoo.

>mfw the two decks I loathe define the format as 'varied'.
>>
>>51811612
>lantern
>GB tron
>affinity
>living end
>abzan
>RW Nahiri
>Dredge
>Dredge
>5 "aggro" decks
granted vancouver got raped by death's shadow but brisbane was varied as fuck
>>
tfw bought a playset of foil death shadows for $8 a piece.
>>
>>51811700
When? They were expensive even before it was a deck.
>>
>>51811711
November 2015
>>
>>51811640
So dredge/end, both decks that put a load of creatures in play by turn three, aren't aggressive decks? Ghokay.
>>
>>51811739
You're the idiot that said the top 8 had 5 aggressive decks, when only 3 can even be classified as aggro fucktard. Living end is combo and doesn't always want to go off t3 due to having a few amount of cyclers in the yard.

Tell me how Abzan, Lantern control, RW Nahiri and GB tron are aggro you fucking imbecile.
because I'm failing to see how a GP with 3 GY decks, two of which where the same, Lantern control, Abzan, Affinity, RW Nahiri and GB Tron isn't varied.
>>
>>51811700
I bought a regular playset 2 days ago.
Too bad I was too much a pussy to get Mishra's Baubles.
>>
>>51811739
Also from wotc article
>Of note this weekend was just how diverse the Modern Metagame was, With 7 distinct archetypes in the Top 8, and many more in the Top 32, the format is certainly very vibrant and alive, and lured out nearly a thousand players to compete this weekend, over doubling the attendance at the last Grand Prix held in Brisbane in 2013.

Stay retarded
>>
File: specs.jpg (113KB, 839x653px) Image search: [Google]
specs.jpg
113KB, 839x653px
>>51811812
I got my baubles right before they spiked from 10 to 25
>>
>>51811899
I was planning on spending shit loads of money on alcohol this weekend, I figured "the deck's dead so it's not gonna go up."
Fuck me.
>>
>>51811870
I'm WoTC and I approve this message
>>
>>51811081
They are very much not.
Some are good, like his Zendikar fetches
But a lot of them are really damn awful, and the backsides are completely off.
Heck the through the breach I got didn't even have a set symbol.
>>
>>51812376

What a shame, I would love to get my hands on some Goyfs and Lilianas.
>>
>>51812472
I don't have any real Goyfs or Lillies so I can't give a comparison, but those two from what I can tell are decent. Give me a minute and I can post some pics
>>
>>51812472
From what I've heard, they're hit or miss, but have been getting better with each new lot he sells.
>>
File: 14875667121932048368836.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
14875667121932048368836.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>51812581
Goyf
>>
File: 1487566855157-930393503.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1487566855157-930393503.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>51812782
Lilly
>>
>>51812782
>>51812838
I got those too. The problems with the Goyf is that the horizontal spacing between each letter is just SLIGHTLY too large.

The only problems with the Liliana is the Innistrad set symbol coloring between the points and unless you really stare at the artist text you can't tell it isn't as crisp as it could be. The Liliana is pretty much perfect otherwise.

I also got a playset of the Future Sight Goyfs, they're pretty much perfect aside from some overall color imperfections - but everyone knows there are color problems with all cards.

Impossible to distinguish from across the table.
>>
File: 1487567758748-236835261.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1487567758748-236835261.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>51812888
Colour imperfections are why I always have this duress I pulled from pack of Eternal Masters in my binder
It's kinda hard to tell via a photo but it pretty much looks blue when you look at in person
>>
>>51812961
Yeah, I carry with me three copies of original Ravnica Steam Vents, two real cards and a fake. The fake and a real card are identical, the other real card's color is completely off and at first glance you'd think it was the fake.
>>
>>51812838

Wow that looks pretty damn good, where do I find this chinaman?
>>
>>51805303
Delver on the whole is pretty much a trap in Modern. The reason it used to be good, and why it's still good in Legacy, is because of Ponder and Preordain. Without good card selection it's hard, if not impossible, to play enough threats to apply consistent pressure while also playing enough spells to consistently flip Delver.
>>
>>51813157
Just look for it.

I'd rather Wizards not shut these people down (again) by leaving links in the archives.

I'd rather Wizards just try to put the Chinamen out of business but we all know that isn't going to happen.
>>
>>51807108
Mox Opal probably should be banned, because the games where you open with it it's almost like you're playing a different format than your opponent. However, Affinity has forced people to pack artifact removal for years now and the Mox still hasn't been banned so I find it highly unlikely that this would be last straw.

A much more likely ban would probably be Sram if Cheerios start to show up large numbers as it fairly consistently breaks the turn 4 rule (and loses the rest of the time).
>>
>>51813230

I'm surprised WOTC even cares considering they are hardly losing any money off it, it's the third party sellers that get shafted
>>
>>51813230

Well, they are trying. The new rares/mythics now have that holo-glowing thing in the bottom.
>>
>>51813259
I dunno, Grishoalbrand can win on turn 1 and its still yet to eat a ban.
Cheerios is even easier to disrupt with removal, I don't think It'll get banned.
>>
>>51813327

Gris T1 is hyper unlikely.

Simian Spirit Guide should probably be banned anyway though, nothing good has ever come out of that card.
>>
>>51813157
The china man hides
made a nest in the youtube
lotus' are in black

Can't make it any clearer man
>>
>>51813415

Thanks
>>
>>51813298
They have to protect their IP, and not only that actively seek out violations and kill it. If they don't give evidence to lawmakers that they have been proactive in killing IP violations, the offending party can invoke equitable estoppel and prove Wizards has let shit slide in the past, thus allowing the IP to be further exploited and thus losing control of it. They defend Magic so that they can defend D&D and Avalon Hill and Duel Masters and vice versa.

>>51813313
I mean put them out of business by printing Goyfs and Duals into the ground. They're never going to print something more powerful than the original Duals or Goyf to render those cards worthless using that hologram.
>>
>>51813259
>>51813412
can you faggots crying for unnecessary bans just fuck off already?
>>
>>51813412
T1 blood moons during eldrazi winter were good IMO
>>
How illegal is it to take china fakes and resell them for real value?

And does that make me a horrible person?
>>
>>51813571
selling proxies as non-proxies is considered fraud and you can be sued for it, and that's just from people your selling to, wotc could also come down on your ass.
>>
>>51813571
Well, counterfeiting is definitely illegal.
If you're trying to sell something worth a lot of money, they'll inspect it and the fake will definitely fail.
After that happens the store owner will tell you it's worthless and ask you to leave. If you do get it into any trouble, just act like an idiot and pretend you didnt know it was fake.
>>
>>51810688
None
>>
Ancestral vision reprint when?
>>
>>51813825
Never, suspend is too Complexâ„¢ to be put into a set ever again.
And don't even try suggesting Modern Masters, because those sets are meant for Draftingâ„¢ and Complexâ„¢ cards make Draftingâ„¢ very Unfunâ„¢
>>
>>51810670
>deck literally plays off by reacting to every single thing option the opponent tries to seize
>solitaire

elemaoh
>>
>>51813980
But I'll remember to take the counters off while I'm mashing creatures against each other MaRO I promise
>>
>>51814014
Sorry, but the Exile Zone isn't supposed to be messed with. Things that go there are supposed to stay there.
I must congratulate you for playing creatures though, there are too many players who needless make the game Complicatedâ„¢ by casting spells. Good on you anon, you're helping make magic better for the rest of us.
>>
>>51813980
>>51814062
I'm going to start tacking "trademark" at the end of every stupid buzzword I use when I mock Wizards.

I already express the price of cards in fractions or percentages of Goyfs.
>>
Does Leyline of Sanctity shut down Lantern control?

New Modern player and i'm trying to prepare my anus for bad matchups.
>>
>>51814214
ghoulcaller's bell and pyxis both get around it, but it's not terrible vs their discard. You're probably better off running artifact hate desu
>>
>>51814239

I'm mono-white hatebears so I've got Stony Silence and a Kataki, I don't often see hatebear decks running Leyline but my friend swears it's worth running
>>
>>51814171
Why would you want to mock WotC anon?
They are an Honestâ„¢ company that works hard to bring you a Funâ„¢ and Complexâ„¢ card game that you and your friends can Enjoyâ„¢ together.

Don't forget to pick up one of the Commander 2016 decks.
>>
>>51814214
No, but punching their face with their own deck does.
>>
>>51814250
Leyline is good in other matchups as well but stony is decent against lantern and kataki is ok. If you have the sb space leyline is probably worth running for other decks
>>
>>51814250
Kataki should be more than enough to hose lantern senpai.
Run a Crucible in the side so you can recur your Ghost Quarters once you've locked them down with Arbiter.
>>
>>51814014
I'm surprised there's no suspend card that loses a counter whenever you attack with a creature actually.
>>
>>51814301

Oh dang that's a spicy sideboard card, wish I could afford it right now but i'll keep it in mind.

>>51808610

This is the deck i'm using right now, my very first round of Modern was against Affinity and I got absolutely hosed in game 1-2 so i want to make sure I have the goods to shut down artifact strategies hard.
>>
>>51814250
It's going to be really hard to cast through your own hate and only really impacts the discard.
>>
>>51813471
No one was crying for a ban. It was, however, noted that cards like Mox and Spirit Guide are what enables many degenerate decks to break the turn 4 rule.
>>
>>51814610
Burn is able to break the Turn 4 rule so uh....
>>
MM 17 spoilers when?

If they do ban mix opal I'd probably stop playing modern. that would just destroy player confidence on the format
>>
>>51814666
>that would just destroy player confidence on the format
Satan, you should know that is exactly what WotC wants, that way they can finally put an end to the format.
>>
>>51814683

Honestly I still wonder if Eldrazi winter was a ploy to get people to quit Modern.
>>
>>51814683
Why? Standard alone can't keep mtg alive
>>
>>51814712
Which is why we have Funâ„¢ formats like Commanderâ„¢ and Frontierâ„¢
Modern isn't very Funâ„¢and Legacy and vintage cost too much.
If you wanna play those formats you should play them on MTGOâ„¢
>>
>>51814733
I honestly can't see wizards enjoying commander or frontier. Or standard. Or anything.
>>
>>51814712

Sure it can, Standard just has to be good. WOTC seems to have lost the formula to a good standard though.
>>
In what matchups does O-Ring do well?
>>
>>51814733
Frontier will be dead in less than a year
>>
>>51814744
All they have to do is reprint mana leak, heroes downfall and lightning bolt/strike
>>
>>51814780
Oh and doom blade
>>
>>51814776
It will be dead here in North America
Over in Japan it'll do just fine

People trying to push Frontier in NA clearly don't realize why the format exists.
>>
>>51814780
Reprint counter spell for gods sake

#makebluegreatagain
>>
>>51814806
Counterspell is an oppressiveâ„¢ card anon
and a progressiveâ„¢ company like WotC has made it our duty to get rid of all oppressionâ„¢ in our game and community.
Make sure to subscribe to the Magic The Ameturing Podcast and like the Lady's Planeswalker society on Facebook to show your support.
>>
>>51814744
That's largely because they've gotten into their heads that plot relevant mythics and tournament playable cards need to be same thing and that answers to these cards are bad because it leads to feel bad situations where an amazing card is killed before it even has the time to attack.
>>
>>51814795
>People trying to push Frontier in NA clearly don't realize why the format exists.
I'm just going to say it just to cut off any confusion or bullshit on the matter.

The largest store in one of the largest cities in the world with unmatched population density that thrives off sales of Magic ALONE that runs multiple events of every pre-existing format every day had enough players that kinda got bored and needed something fresh.

You absolutely cannot say the same about any other store, even the juggernauts in the United States need to sell non-card games and make room for tabletop as well in order to run.

Whoever fucking pushes Frontier in the English language should simply be shot.
>>
Well even WOTC has been admitting that the format is and has been garbage lately.

I think in a year's time, with the rotation of the atrocious BFZ and SOI block, Standard will be playable again.
>>
>>51815091

Meant to link >>51814914
>>
>>51815091
If they've learned anything from the last several Standards we won't see that applied until we get past what they've already designed, which means at least a block after Amonkhet. And that's without considering whether they'll even make an improvement after all of that.
>>
>>51815213

Aether Revolt was particularly much better than Kaladesh, SOI and BFZ in terms of non rare powerlevel and lack of chase mythics.

I expect to see more of this in Amonkhet going forward.
>>
>>51815213
The only thing they can do is print small shit. Emergency blowjobs like FNM promos are easily printed quickly, easily packaged, and can be sent out easily.

It's not going to be possible to have the team drop whatever they're doing, and crack open the Hour of Devastation portfolio and tweak it before sending it to the printers.

I'm just going to hold them to the last time they did something good. I need to see everyone get a promo Bolas Planeswalker from Hour of Devastation prerelease. Everyone gets a fucking Planeswalker. That's the absolute minimum I need to see; people may call it desperate but I don't care, in this desperate situation they can easily be this desperate. And the next set I want a big fat stupid Emrakul-grade Mythic promo to everyone attending the prerelease.

Fucking Wizards. I still can't believe they thought screwing us on garbage promos was a fucking good idea. I bet the stories of stores withholding promos was like 1 in a hundred.
>>
>>51804560
So it turns out mono white humans is under 100 bucks and damn near as good as the other modern aggro decks. While also having access to white hosers. So now when people ask for a competitive deck under 100 we have an answer.

// 60 Maindeck
// 25 Creature
4 Champion of the Parish
4 Thraben Inspector
4 Boros Elite
3 Kytheon, Hero of Akros
4 Soldier of the Pantheon
4 Thalia's Lieutenant
2 Mirran Crusader

// 4 Enchantment
4 Honor of the Pure

// 7 Instant
4 Path to Exile
3 Brave the Elements

// 20 Land
2 Mutavault
1 Eiganjo Castle
17 Plains

// 4 Sorcery
4 Gather the Townsfolk

// 15 Sideboard
// 1 Artifact
SB: 1 Sword of War and Peace

// 8 Creature
SB: 3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
SB: 2 Auriok Champion
SB: 2 Burrenton Forge-Tender
SB: 1 Kataki, War's Wage

// 4 Enchantment
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 2 Rest in Peace

// 1 Instant
SB: 1 Dismember

// 1 Sorcery
SB: 1 Fragmentize
>>
>>51808610
Play shining shoal apparently.
>>
>>51815275
>lack of chase mythics
>non rare powerlevel
Heart of Kiran, Walking Ballista, Greenbelt Rampager, Aethersphere Harvester, Rishkar?
>>
>>51809926
>Hispanic tentacle boogyman
?
>>
>>51814744
>WOTC seems to have lost the formula to a good standard though.

I really think the problem is just that they are policing it too heavily.

>oh we can't make good counterspells cause timmy will feel sad when his 20 mana Jace the Dragon King gets mana leaked :(
>oh we can't make good hasty threats and burn spells cause timmy will feel sad when he can't get to play Jace, the obliterater of mind of matter cause he died on turn 4
>oh we can't make any counterplay at all to BG delirium cause we wanna force the fuck out of it

Like fuck just release a set and allow the players to create their own decks. As of late it feels like they are meticulously planning what decks they will even allow to compete.

Also Jacestice league cancer
>>
>>51815587
>Heart of Kiran

I really love the balls on Wotc to ban Copter for being overpowered but make a mythic version of the exact same problem
>>
>>51815662
No, Heart is a completely different monster. You could use Copter in more than one deck due to its Crew 1. Heart of Kiran requires Crew 3, which more or less limits its usage to one deck.

Copter was flexible, probably one of the most flexible cards printed in a long time. Heart is just another typical Mythic (like Lotus Cobra or Grim Flayer) that only goes in one deck.

I seriously don't think they'll ban Heart of Kiran. It's not ubiquitous enough. Just because it's a vehicle and has flying doesn't make it the same.

Christ, what a fucking useless company. They printed combat-looter at 2-mana and a 2-mana Serra Angel.
>>
>>51815587

I consider Chase Cards to be broken shit that's so good you have to play it if you're in the color.

Cards such as Gideon, Liliana, Kalitas, Avacyn.
>>
>>51814703
Nah I don't think Leldrazi was a ruse seeing as they're so incompetent at their own job they missed the Copycat combo in two back to back sets.

At this point they're basically headless chicken running in panic through the form because the wolf has finally come.
>>
>>51816351
>form
farm*
>>
UNBAN
- Bloodbraid Elf
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor
- Either Twin or Dig Through Time
- Preordain

There, I fixed the format
>>
>>51816411
Jund doesn't need any more help.
>>
File: when the chicken has gone cold.png (179KB, 366x392px) Image search: [Google]
when the chicken has gone cold.png
179KB, 366x392px
What's the best deck for me to play if I want to play cards like blood moon and chalice of the void?
>>
>>51816581
R/W Nahiri or Free Win Red.
>>
>>51816581
Chalice isn't well positioned right now, play Skred Red pussy.
>>
File: 1486831071054.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1486831071054.gif
2MB, 400x286px
Ancient stirring digs 5 cards for 1 mana. This is somehow ok, but preordain is too strong. As if storm was honestly such a huge boogeyman.

Mind sculptor is banned, while Liliana is ok. As if Liliana was in any sense weaker card, especially in fast format like modern, which doesn't have traditional control deck, because counter magic is bad.

Punishing fire is somehow too oppressive. Affinity can vomit it's shitty little creatures for essentially free, but I can't pay 2 mana to get rid of them?

Is collected company any way less cancer than birthing pod?

Splinter twin is too good and "it pushes other blue decks from the format". Summer bloom is too good, but goryo's vengeance is not.

Let's play roulette and try to guess which deck gets axed next time.
>>
>>51816823
Ancient Stirrings only works in a few decks, Preordain goes in every deck that runs blue.

I don't understand how Liliana, which can be arguably more oppressive than Jace, is still in the format.

Punishing Fire is free value and can easily be abused by any slower deck that runs red.

>>51816682
>chalice isn't well positioned right now
Eldrazi tron would like to disagree with you.
>>
File: Skred.jpg (39KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Skred.jpg
39KB, 223x310px
>>51816920
>that T3 jank shitfest of a deck would like to disagree with me
You know where to find me.
>>
>>51817042
But it did so well in the GPs...
>>
File: 12160_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
12160_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
Unban when?
>>
>>51817184
Never, hopefully banned in Legacy before its death. I want a world without Miracles.
>>
>>51814661
Yes, so?
>>
>>51814610
They don't enable it consistently though which is different from being able to consistently kill before t4.

as anon noted >>51814661
burn, can break the t4 rule as well as other decks, but they don't do it consistently enough which is why it's not a problem. Not to mention that sort of stuff typically happens when you have 0 interaction.

Also how is
>simian spirit guide should probably be banned though
and
>Mox opal should probably be banned
Not asking for bans?
>>
On a scale from 1 to meme how good is R/W Prison?

I have most of the expensive pieces for it (minus blood moons).
>>
>>51817546
If anything is going to be banned is sram.

Mox fucks with Affinity.
Simian fucks with Ad nauseam.

Both of these decks aren't broken, no need to kill them.
>>
There wasn't a reactive blue deck in the top 18 of either GP, and only 5-6 among the top 32 spots, and it has been like this for a year now. Fuck you, Wizards. Admit that you were wrong and give back Twin.
>>
>>51818841
STOP TRYING TO PLAY THE MEME COLOR AND BUY MORE TARMOGOYFS YOU STUPID GOY
>>
>>51815359
>damn near as good as the other modern aggro decks
LOL keep telling yourself this
>>
>>51810997
how do you order from the chinaman? I need the last 2 lilis and i already spent my money on skred.
>>
>>51820843
Browse AliExpress
Yo will ind it eventually if you search magic
>>
>>51818841

I want reactive blue to be good so loam can be good.
>>
>>51807797
What the fuck is wrong with you dude? Like i agree with you that opal doesn't need to be banned right now, but Jesus Christ is that supposed to be funny? Like what the fuck are you even saying you fucking loser?
>>
>>51817265
Nah dog. Just play eldrazi, the saviour of the format.
>>
>>51821038
What is terminus
>>
How low will snapcaster go? It's at 40 right now, is that cause everyone anticipates the reprint or is it just cause blue is so shit right now? Fuck even grixis control is just shitty jund
>>
>>51820445
Just try it on xmage. I was skeptical too until I did.
>>
>>51818841
lol, there were two reactive blue decks in the top 8 of the last gp. It just wasn't blue's weekend stop crying.
>>
>>51815359

>Splash green feat. fetches
>cut mirran crusaders for renegade ralliers
>cut the 4 fucking thraben inspectors and 1 honor of the pure
>Add 3 saffi eriksdotter and 2 collected company.

Try that. I want to know how it works. It's not budget anymore but fuck budget decks they don't have good tools.
>>
>>51821329
Which GP? The only blue deck in the top 8 of both was merfolk.
>>
>>51821014
What are the best ones? Blue core or black? Seems alot of different sellers, have different qualities
>>
>>51821659
Villa Z is the chink you are looking for, he has three things for sale under mtg proxy
>>
File: 1478062855255.jpg (73KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478062855255.jpg
73KB, 640x960px
>domri reprint on mm3
>domri fucking rade
>a 5$planeswalker gets a mythic slot in this shitpile
POOPOOPEEPEEEPOOOPOOOOEPEEPPEEEEEPOOOOPEEEEPPPPPOOOPOOOOOOPEEEEEEEPEEEEEXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>51818059
They won't ban the newest card, just like they banned BBE before DRS.
>>
>>51821731
sauce? Only thing on mythic spoiler is full art lands from Amonkhet
>>
File: 1438200697463.jpg (28KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
1438200697463.jpg
28KB, 448x468px
>Collected Company Merfolk
>>
>>51821518
Why would I up my curve to 4 when I have no mana acceleration? Why would I cut 4 kird apes that come with a clue to play 2 mana 2/2's? It's an aggro deck, it's not abzan company. Trust me, try it as is and see if it doesn't play like zoo with better hosers.
>>
>>51821597
Dallas, the last GP before this one.
>>
>>51821798
Hardly seems like the worst thing ever.
Seems like it'd be pretty easy to hit two lords off of CoCo in Fish
>>
>>51821731
Where are the spoilers?
>>
>>51821794
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/modern-masters-2017-edition-and-amonkhet-packaging-2017-02-20
>>
>>51821731
Jesus Christ. I mean that's a squire-grade reprint. If Wizards gave any shits at all they would offer a rebate program where if you send them a Domri they send you a Liliana of the Veil.

That's not a joke. The game can't take shit like this anymore. Massive injections of charity are required and whatever this is it's the opposite.

>>51816823
I think Punishing Fire needs to stay away. It's Shock with a weird Flashback 1RR. Combined with Bolt in the format I think Punishing Fire would completely and utterly shut down Burn and Affinity and dead decks like Infect. You wouldn't be allowed to play creatures again; Merfolk would just stop being a thing.

And while I would love nothing more than to punch all those decks in the dick, I really don't want to have that happen with a Punishing Fire unban. Punishing Fire exemplifies everything bad about control wherein you don't know you're losing at 25 life but you're actually dead but it's going to take 25 turns until you are. Control needs other tools but Punishing Fire isn't it.
>>
>>51821798
Honestly if you're running value creatures and enough of them to make coco hit consistently, and you can afford to splash green if you're not already running it, there is literally 0 fucking reason to not play coco in a creature deck
>>
>>51821801
Nigger don't ever compare a piece of shit like Thraben Inspector to Kird Ape.
>>
>>51821850
It grinds my gears that card is literally in every creature deck
>>
>>51821329
What? In the top 32 spots of the recent GPs, there were 2 Scapeshift, 1 Copy Cat, 1 Esper deck without counterspells and 2 Grixis Midrange, and the best of these placed 19th.
>>
>>51821859
It's better than worldgorger at least :>)
>>
>>51821859
...Is that Elspeth with Angel wings?
>>
>>51816823
Yeah coco is way less cancer than pod
>>
>>51821902
It's too efficient not to be. It's like a creature Cryptic Command. If you're winning you're winning harder or wrath-proof. If you're losing you're back in the game or buying time. All the while you can hold up mana to represent tricks or flash in motherfuckers.

>>51821925
It's Stoic Angel. From Bant, Elspeth's adopted home.
>>
>>51821895
It is if you work at it, with honor of the pure and thalias lieutenant. It was to make a point, its obviously not the same card. You obviously don't understand anything about aggro if you want to cut one drops for 2 mana 2/2 legendaries and collected company. Those cards belong in decks built around them.
>>
>>51821829
Yeah, and there were four reactive blue decks in the top 50. That's not really a great showing.
>>
>>51816823
Mox opal, so we can get rid of disgusting decks like affinity, lantern control and cheerios that invalidate my Insect tribal.
>>
>>51821999
Not gonna lie, I would fucking play insect tribal if all the bugs in Magic weren't complete ass.
>>
>>51821980

Yes and the deck isn't built around shitty one drops or two drop bricks either.

Saffi is a value engine with your ETB creatures and rallier is too, and they happen to loop together. Coco is because dropping more ETBs is better than less and you want a mid-late game topdeck so you don't just lose to lightning bolts.

>it's as good as kird ape if you have support cards!

The idea is how good they are standalone. All three of the options I listed are far better when they're alone than Thraben Inspector, and even better in deck context when you consider ETB effects.
>>
>>51821980
>this shit card is good if you play other shit cards
>Mono W humans is as good as other modern aggro decks
Not him but you're the one who obviously doesn't understand modern aggro.
>>
>>51822092
>>this shit card is good if you play other shit card
Literally affinity though. Play my 0/2s to power up my 2 mana 1/1
>>
>>51822240
The difference being that not only is affinity more synergystic, there are several more payoffs for running memnites and ornithopters. For example they turn metalcraft on for opal which allows for an extra mana t1 which allows for an extra one drop or a two drop which puts a lot of pressure on the opponent. The second being go wide payoffs such as overseer and signal pest which reward you with a shit ton of early pressure for playing these cards. Then we have cranial plating and etched champion and ravager, all of which can present an extremely fast clock very early in the game.

The difference between affinity's "shit cards" is that they get several rewards for playing them and they are several turns faster than the garbage in that humans deck. The fact that you even compared the two solidifies the fact you know nothing about modern aggro.
>>
>>51822038
I will never cast a 4 drop in a deck with 20 lands on any reasonable curve. The deck has only 25 coco hits, most of which are one drops. You are describing a different deck, if you want to run with that idea go ahead. It isn't this one.

>>51822240
Exactly. The main innovation of this deck I think is Gather the townsfolk and boros elite to make champion of the parish, thalia's lieutenant, and honor of the pure consistent power cards. This deck isn't my idea btw, its a guy at my lgs who always does pretty well so I copied his list. I was just amazed at how good it was and that there were no similar lists online.
>>
>>51822339
I'm not the mono white humans guy. Just saying synergistic aggro certainly works in modern. Mono white humans is just shit in general, not because that 'style' of aggro doesn't fit modern.
>>
Reprint modern legal when?
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
The very sad and unfortunate fact of the matter is while obviously this guys budget list is obviously not optimal, if you just look at the cards you already know thats its playable and could apply pressure and I'd bet it could actually top 8 a gp on a lucky day. Not an insanely lucky day, I don't doubt it 1 bit that with a few decent matchups and enough luck, that's really what every top 8 is in the end. But the fact that you can just have a deck with a bunch of fucking 1 drops and shit them out and actually have a deck, it just shows how cucked modern is. You couldn't do this in Legacy, I'm not a "Fuck Modern, only play real magic" guy, but it just goes to show that modern is literally just legacy with shock and literally no legitimate combo or control options.

I mean look at Jund in Legacy, literally the same deck except minus BBE and DRS, granted they are powerful as fuck, but they're still not enough to take the Legacy version to more than tier 3. Modern will always just be a shitty meme aggro format and it fucking blows desu. But I'll always love it
>>
>>51822611
>this guys
>>
>>51822611
>But the fact that you can just have a deck with a bunch of fucking 1 drops and shit them out and actually have a deck,
Goblins
>>
>>51822611
Tbh I didn't build the deck to be budget. The guy who came up with it originally played 4 caverns, but cut them because they were too awkward in multiples and didn't do much. I mean I didn't want to draw hate, I just wanted to get peoples thoughts on a deck I can't really find any info about elsewhere online. I don't think its as powerful as affinity or burn, but I think it competes with gruul zoo in terms of power.
>>
File: ccXSLsj1.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
ccXSLsj1.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>51822910
It's not hate, I just don't like that decks like that are even a thing.
>>
>>51823412
Do you hate that elves and tribal are a thing? Do you hate that burn is a thing? Are you mad they have synergy and are mana efficient?
>>
>>51823480
Wow you are the stupidest faggot I have ever met, you're literally saying, "Oh you don't like that every QB in college is mobile now? You must think Russel Wilson is shit"
>>
>>51821082
A board wipe. Those have been around since Alpha set.
>>
File: 37749.jpg (14KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
37749.jpg
14KB, 500x375px
>>51815359

>no javelineers
>no knight of white orchid
>>
>>51823766
What does that even mean. I don't give a fuck about professional sports
Get over yourself
>>
>>51824339
>What is a metaphor
>College sports are professional
>Talking like a 15 year on Call of Duty
How is it living with your mother?
>>
>>51824254
Man I love that card, it fucking ramps, it's got fucking value, it even fixes, it's literally my favorite card from when I was a huge casual but it was always awesome.
>>
>>51824254
I originally played javelineers as a 2 of but found it wasn't as impactful as having a 3 drop to take over games with. With less infect in the format its worse, but could still see playing it. KoTWO is just too mediocre and slow, it fails the bolt test hard and doesn't have a very powerful effect even when it works. It's way better to just play as many white wild nacatls and savannah lions as possible and kill them with turn 3 lieutenant into turn 4 brave the elements past your blockers.
>>
>>51824371
I mean you are on a website for chinese cartoons, not everybody here is the sporty type. Or even knows what american football is.
>>
>>51824371
People outside america don't care about your college teams.
Only 15 years olds can swear? You're an idiot
>>
>>51824451
Yes, Literally the only people I know in real life are either trailer trash scum or edgy 15 year olds, if you don't already know this, well I got bad news for you.
>>
>>51824371
>everyone should know all the players in american college football
Lmao. Burgers.
>>
>>51824507

Careful, you'll make their president mad, and he'll tweet at you.
>>
>>51824507
>Russel Wilson plays college Football
I know the people on here are sheltered autists, but give me a break.
>>
>>51824627
I'm normie bro. I just don't care about other grown men playing ball.
I play sports, I just don't care about some other guys playing it
>>
>>51824627
Who the fuck is even Russel Wilson, and why should we care, when we are in a bloody Modern Thread of an International Cardboard Game. I won't even give you the pleasure of google him, even if it would only take 1/4 of the time to write this shitty post.
Remember:
>International
>>
>>51824852
>International
>Implying your shit irrelevant country matters at all
That's pretty funny, you should have just pointed out you're not American in the first place so we all could have just ignored all the autistic sputtering out of your mouth.
>>
New thread pls.
>>
>>51824960
make it yourself its not hard.
>>
>>51824627
You should consider suicide you immense retard
>>
>>51825135
>>51825135
>>51825135

New Thread
>>
>>51824888
>autistic sputtering out of your mouth
>words typed
>sputtering out of your mouth
>typed
>mouth
We seem to have a problem here
>>
>>51822611
>I'd bet it could actually top 8 a GP on a lucky day
>frog posting
>muh legacy
Thanks anon, I needed a good laugh.
>>
>>51822425
>I will never cast a 4 drop in a deck with 20 lands on any reasonable curve. The deck has only 25 coco hits, most of which are one drops.

Yes, you're right. The idea is that your one drop "humans" aggro is awful because many of the individual cards are awful. Cutting the awful cards for good cards changes the core of the deck but that's because your humans aggro is strictly worse than 8whack because your "zoo with better hosing" is a shitty zoo with no bolts no reach and a few silver bullets that hardly matter when your cards are so bad.

Don't get defensive when people provide suggestions for your shitbrew you're so proud of. I provided a card advantage engine so you could maybe win a grindy game rather than topdecking one drops when they slam a goyf or tasigur you can't swing through.
>>
>>51824214
My point being the mu is "favorable" only until they Terminus and OTK you with Mentor or Entreat.
>>
>>51824627
I hope jerry miculek drops your dumbass from 1km with a snub nose .38
>>
actual new thread

>>51826825
>>
>>51825690
Brave the elements is the card that makes the deck.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.