[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cursed items that the party actually enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: foot.jpg (7KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
foot.jpg
7KB, 240x180px
>Party finds a pair of mithril boots in a dungeon
>No-one has appraisal of any kind
>Rogue tries them on and walks around in them
>Learns they are enchanted as the party can't hear the footsteps but they don't know which enchantment
>DM hands a note to the paladin
>He snickers uncontrollably
>Worried, the rogue tries to take the shoes off
>Wadja_thing_was_gonna_happen?
>Gets salty but he sucks it up for the rest of the dungeon
>Finally arrive back in town
>Rogue practically sprints to the town wizard
>Appraised as the "Cursed Boots of Light Step"
>The player is confused as to why that would be a curse
>Later, the rogue tries to steal some coins from a NPC paladin
>Crit fails and the whole town guard walks around the corner.
>Cue high speed chase
>Rogue calling bs to the DM because the guards always knew where he was
>Practically dying, the paladin hands the rogue the note
The Cursed Boots of Light Step
>Wearers footsteps are perfectly quiet
>They also leave behind a glowing trail visible only to those who pursue justice and fulfilment of the law
>>
>>51797923
Why didn't the wizard tell him what the curse did? I'd think that'd be the point of going and getting things appraised.
>>
>>51797948
Maybe he was a cn, shitty wizard or something
>>
Once gave one of my players a hexed (can't remove them) pair of designer sunglasses, that inflicted Bad Reputation (Douchebag) on him among all creatures, of the earthly realm or not.

He got a great deal of enjoyment out of demons, vampires, elementals, and all manner of other supernatural elements calling him out on his poor fashion sense.
>>
>>51797981
Probably should post my story.
I once got a cursed vorpal sword. I thought, sure it is cursed, but I'm like level 2 and vorpal is the shit! But soon the curse came. Whenever I had a crit or a critfail, the DM would roll a virtual d100. If he got a 100, my head would be chopped off. And not my thinking head
>>
>>51797981
The wizard told him. They were boots of LIGHT step.
>>
>>51798237
Reminds me of the time a party went and used Gather Info at a tavern about a dragon. Was told the guy was a powerful White Dragon, so everyone stocked up. Charge in, blam. Acid breath.

Wight Dragon.
>>
Anyone remember the story of the GM that gave his players the wooden ax that could only cut things stronger than wood
>>
>>51798946
kek
>>
>>51798199
The best type of cursed item doesn't prevent you from taking it off or letting go of it, but just gives you power for a price.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.