[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to kill litteral gods ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: 3080752-9k=.jpg (367KB, 2000x1111px) Image search: [Google]
3080752-9k=.jpg
367KB, 2000x1111px
>Be a guy playing with his other friends in a custom made RPG setting
>DM introduces a group of "legendary heroes"
>the legendary heroes are literal gods or at least have godlike powers
>have one the players impersonating the hot blooded warrior "constantly looking for challenge and wanting to become the very best" kind of type let's call this player bob
>Meet 2 of the "legendary heroes" and travel with them
>DM puts so much an emphasis on the legendary heroes being assholes towards us that bob makes it clear to the DM that his character will seek to slain them although they are literal gods
>DM makes it clear that he might have a chance but of course it's not gonna be easy
>I actually want to help bob kill these guys because I find their writing completely cancerous

So /tg/ how would you kill a literal god ?
>>
>>51782425
You can't kill Gods til they have Stats.

Strategy 1 is to find what makes them Gods and stop that. Ancient Artifact? Break it. They're worshipped? Cull the worshipers/Make up a new God and convince them to worship that. They eat fruit of the gods? Burn the tree.

Strategy 2 is to just become Gods yourselves. If it's something that was a one-time boost and they're just Gods now, find out what it was and then do it yourself. Some kind of ritual or test they took? Go do it yourself, if nobody has stats its either a stalemate or they spontaneously grow Stats for the purpose of Combat

Tell me more about the campaign you're in. I'm worried your GM might be one of my old players and these legendary heroes are my players old characters
>>
File: Berserker_Armour_Version_2.png (581KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Berserker_Armour_Version_2.png
581KB, 800x1206px
>>51782531
>tell me more about your campaign

Holy shit then you're in for a fucklong greentext story dude. I'll start

>Play this game with custom rules in a custom made setting by the GM
>Be me and my character a Lizardfolk who's half-chaman and half-Archer. Sneaky archer who talks to spirits and shit
>Be bob and his character, a hot blooded dark-elf warrior who's half-wind elemental and who's pretty badass by himself
>There's only 2 of us players, so the DM has an habit of adding NPC with us in our adventures
>Lizardude and Throwny Mc2knives do some adventures together and become good friends
>get invited by the king at a party
>King gets killed by a hidden angry cultist
>Get hired to find the cult and whipe them out

>2 of these legendary heroes are with us during the travel, they're just NPC to chat with
>Battle monsters on the road with them, they are pretty badass indeed

>Note: My character is looking for a particular orc clan who attacked his own clan of lizardfolks
>Find one of these guys, only women, childs and geezers but lizardude is triggered anyway
>Lizardude recognize one of the geezers and wants to kick his ass
>Hero 1 : Don't do that
>Lizardude : "Wtf man they tried to kill my family why the fuck should I ?"
>Hero 1 : "Because I said no and I'm better than you you dipshit"
>Elf warrior : "Don't you call my friend dipshit you little fucker"
>Have an argument with them, shit hits the fans
>Heroes : "Well go save the world without us assholes"

>We indeed save the world without them
>Elf warrior : "Well seems like I found I challenge that suits me, I gonna murder these mofos, all of them !"
>Lizardude : "Well I can't fight with you (Because I want to live) but i can help you obtain the power to kill them"
>>
File: 1417575653818.png (2MB, 5047x4053px) Image search: [Google]
1417575653818.png
2MB, 5047x4053px
>>
>>51782836
>Tfw I'm trying to design a bootleg Divinity system for Pathfinder
This is going to be immense help
>>
File: Watch and learn.webm (3MB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
Watch and learn.webm
3MB, 650x350px
>>51782425
Just like based Eboshi-sama.
>>
>>51784952
>this is how you kill a god
>this is also the god of death

wow really fired up my neurons
>>
>>51782425
By making a pact with an eldritch being from beyond our universe.
Very few goods can do anything when a being that annihilated all possiblties of anything *existing* on it's dimension and rules over endless static and unfulfilled possibilities comes knocking.
>>
>>51782836
Nice read
>>
>>51782425
>killing gods

Can you help me understand this, /tg/? It's a popular cliche, but it doesn't make sense. The concept of a god says that it is above mortality and decides fates, no? It seems silly to have mortal gods. Gods represent the forces in our lives that have control over us even though we have no control over them. It makes sense if you have some way to manage divine influences, like prayer, etc., but if you completely defeat a god in combat or whatever, then they weren't really a god, just a powerful being.

Maybe I'm just looking for more Greek-style drama in a humanist landscape?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.