[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does your campaign setting have a Golden Age that the people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: the old empire.jpg (150KB, 1024x543px) Image search: [Google]
the old empire.jpg
150KB, 1024x543px
Does your campaign setting have a Golden Age that the people look back to?
It seems like quite a lot of people in the Middle Ages and Renaissance were looking back to the Roman Empire and trying to recapture the knowledge and might of the ancients. As I understand it, the whole idea of looking to the future for a golden age instead of the past came with the Enlightenment Era. Since many RPGs seem to be set in a medieval-style world, it makes sense to have a "Rome" to look back to. What's yours?
>>
>>51771748
Once the entire universe was a towering giant.
Do you want me to tell you the rest?
>>
>>51771748
Most people blame the residents of the "Golden Age" for the shitty state that the world is currently in. The only ones who don't were alive at the time and know why things went down the way they did.
>>
>>51771850
Someone crashed a plane into it?
>>
>>51771894
Worse.
Subterfuge and someone wanted to control the giant from the inside out.
And rule the entire universe.
>>
Yes, and then an aboleth dropped the moon on the world.
>>
>>51771917
Sounds like it's time to light out for the Territories.
>>
>>51771748
Yes, but it's not accurate.
Back then humans were halfgods. Like they lived for about 400 years. Their children for about 200, their kids for about 100 and then it got to the point where it is normally.
That however got forgottten because the god that made humans had that information removed from mamory.
The goddess of secrets and of free will. Humans are the only race that can change. All other races have the same personality and virtues. No matter where they are born.
The villain has one goal. Kill the gods to prove that he, a member of the second generation, is greater than anyone of the first generation.

He made himself immortal. The first humans died almost a millenia ago.
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
He made America great again. But only for a while.
>>
>>51771986
>He made America great again. But only for a while.
If your a billionaire, a white supremacist, or a Russian, your still happy.
>>
>>51771917
Makuta?
>>
>>51772095
HoLy ShIt SoMeOnE gOt iT!
I've been exposed!
>>
This is now a BIONICLE thread. Discuss BIONICLE things.
>>
>>51772211
Should I make a bionicle thread on /tg/ instead?
>>
>>51771986
>>>/pol/
>>51772013
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>51772280
Go ahead my man
>>
>>51771748
>As I understand it, the whole idea of looking to the future for a golden age instead of the past came with the Enlightenment Era
Notonly that, the Enlightenment is the only era in history to have named itself. Really activates your almonds.
>>
>>51771748
Some races have it; the evil elves of my setting want their slaving,magic fueled empire back, and maybe some of the human nations have fallen into disgrace (an Asirian style folk whose land was stolen some centuries ago by a recently divinified ancient dragon and some evil not!Hawaians whose island civilization was destroyed by a god-sent tsunami while their patron god was trapped somewhere else); also,giants used to have an empire millenia ago,but they gave up on trying to rebuild it and know they're fine with their independent,mountainous kingdoms. Every other culture and race are just doing fine,some of them reaching their prime, in the setting's present time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.