[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edh/commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 41

File: IMG_3188.png (231KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3188.png
231KB, 500x735px
Sorry I'm not the usual guy: edition

>rules of the format
http://mtgcommander.net/rules.php
>good deck building resource
http://tappedout.net
>card searching resource
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx

Thread question, when was the first time you played commander?
>>
>>51771682
>Thread question, when was the first time you played commander?
When I realized I didn't have playsets of all my awesome stuff.
>>
>>51771682
I bought the c13 decks and played them with friends. They had lots of weird and unplayable cards in them, but they were fun and no game was ever the same. Some times afterwards I disassembled all my other decks and started to build my own commander decks.
>>
Went to my university's magic and was invited in to a commander game and was given a deck. My favorite formant ever since.
>>
When one of people i played with discovered Sheldon's forum posts about a new format. I gotta say it's been nice to have played it from the beginning
>>
Because my playgroup has devolved into a meta where you either play super-aggro, combo or just lose, to spice things up and hopefully shift things away from that, what some of us are doing is building decks using too of our least favorite colors. Mine is G/W, so I'm building Sigarda, Heron's Grace human tribal. Not very used to building in these colors, especially because I've never done it before, also it's been AGES since I built a tribal deck. Anyway, I finally finished the decklist and before I start buying the cards for it, is there any suggestions you guys would make? Doing this sort of on a budget, so no cards over $10 if you can help it. Yes, I know there are some over that but I either have those or I can trade for them easily enough.

Decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-h-e-m-o-t-i-v-a-t-i-o-n-o-f-m-a-n/
>>
Doesn't anyone else have such a casual meta that hyper-aggro decks dominate most games?
>>
>>51772193
Mine, I'm the post above. It's either hyper-aggro or super-combo, every other Archetype has died a cruel death. Very sad.
>>
>>51767480
Except (1. He was tapped out and (2. He had an Iron Works but that would've have done him anygood because all his lands were gone.
>>
>>51771840
Tell me your stories, wise sage. What has changed?
>>
C-C-C-COMBO PLAYERS WHERE YOU AT! Boonweaver is disgusting.
>>
>>51772504
Selvala: saffi combo/value deck
Nakusar: dreamalhalls
Neither are tier one but they hold their own against arcum and jeleva storm
Just way less consistent
Lastly Jori en twin
Def closer to 75℅ than the others
>>
Which cards should be unbanned? Which cards should be banned?
>>
>>51772193
>play monoblack control
>entire table tries to focus me down because I have the audacity to keep the hyper aggro deck in check
having a playgroup with no threat assessment is terrible. I can usually just steal wins with Alesha because no one cares when I Entomb/Buried Alive/ Faithless looting and announce what I'm pitching.
>>
>>51772916
>having a playgroup with no threat assessment is terrible
that it is
enjoy playing archenemy for the rest of your days.
>>
>>51772892
Ban Cradle, Timetwister, Paradox Engine and Metalworker

I'l like to see how an unban of Sundering Titan goes, but Feldon makes that really unlikely.I wouldn't unban too much, honestly. Most stuff that's banned in EDH has a good reason, but the banlist should be expanded
>>
>>51772969
>Paradox Engine
dude no
metal worker for sure, why they unbanned it in the first place is anyone's guess. if you ban cradle we can unban biorhythm which is a win in my book
>>
>>51772484
well we went through the many waves of realizing which generals were broken, so I've seen Zur, Memnarch, Arcum, Rofellos, Braids, Azami, there's porbably more.

When the format first started we were ramping into Darksteel Colossus, then Emrakul

I remember when Sundering Titan was still legal and how bullshit it was

I remember playing before we had to worry about Prophet of Kruphix and Deadeye Navigator

I remember playing before commander precons existed

Biggest lesson I can pass on build casually play competitively. If that doesn't solve your problems then stop playing with a faggot playgroup.
>>
>>51772969
>unban of Sundering Titan
jesus fuck no, that card is cancer, and I even think Sylvan Primordial is fine
>>
>>51773114
Biorhythm is garbage anyway, my playgroup has experienced with it and it's absolute trash. Same as coalition victory, these cards have no business being banned.
>>
>>51771682
I first heard of edh when i was in high school through my older brother in 2010. We mainly played against each other casual decks but he played with other people in his community college. I started to play edh heavily when i graduated from high school and went to community college.
>>
>>51773643
I think they were snap banned along with Kokusho but since no one even wants to use them there's been no push for an unban. Felidar Sovereign is a straight up better win con and it still sucks pretty bad
>>
>>51772892
Craterhoof.

Yes, boardwipes, yes, 8cmc, yes, interaction, yes, Torpor Orb or Peace Keeper or Bridge or whatever. Yes, I play Green.

Its a fucked wincon that is too easy to fetch and too easy to kill a whole table with.
>>
>>51773740
Biorhythm was a staple in early EDH before the rules committee and I think they banned it because it was in every green deck or some shit.

it would be like if me and my friends put rite of replication on the banned list because its in every blue deck.
>>
>>51772892
Prophet of Kruphix

It isn't as easy to splash as seedborne muse, so I don't see why prophet got banned, instead of it.
>>
>>51774243
It gives all your creatures flash so every turn is your turn.
>>
File: korlash.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
korlash.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
QUICK, POST YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE COMMANDER.
>>
>>51774243
Seedborn isn't on the same plane as Prophet, Seedborn requires cards to take advantage of its ability. Prophet just lets you take your turn during every other players' turn
>>
>>51772139
Plz help ;_;
>>
File: Dragons.png (3MB, 1229x875px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons.png
3MB, 1229x875px
>>51774351
I WANT TO LOVE YOU WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO BAD?!
i always have at least one of these guys built at any given time
>>
File: Dragons.png (3MB, 1538x872px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons.png
3MB, 1538x872px
>>51774559
they actually arnt ALL bad but all of them have better alternatives.
>>
>>51774559
i have so much trouble building teneb. i dont know what im doing wrong
>>
>>51774733
You keep forgetting to put karador in the command zone.
>>
>>51774351
>>
>>51774559
I run each one in my 5 colour dragon deack. WHY? because!
>>
>>51774762
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51774779
i forgot picture. shut up. im not drunk ;_;
>>
>playing Lim Dûl board wipes.dek
>using that janky as Fuck instant from the new set to give it indestructible through a damnation
>then reanimating an entire board while everyone sighs, then scoops
I have never had so much fun in my life. Any spicy tech to survive -X/-X effects? If Lim can survive through a deluge, I'll be a happy camper.
>>
>>51774733
pretty much this
>>51774759

but also these commanders are not build arounds. They look pretty in the command zone and are 6/6 fliers with upside.
but if you are doing an abzan reanimator deck and dont want to use the ghost chieftain, just rememberer that you can use teneb to target creatures in other yards, not just your own.
hermit druid, jarad's orders, buried alive etc will put the cards you need in the grave
when Im playing these dragons I tend to put greaves, swiftfoot boots and darksteel plate in the deck because I know its going to be a more casual deck. They help protect the dragon and the fact of the matter is that these repeatable effects are strong as hell if they actually untap a few times, which considering their costs and lack of immediate effects that usually ends up being the downfall.
TLDR
put stuff in your grave manually, put stuff in your opponents grave and dont count on using teneb every game but make sure to include protection for when you do use him.
>>
>>51774559
why can't they just errata Dromar mang
>>
>>51774987
>survive -X/-X effects?
in mono black?
instant speed reanimation...
uh..
pump effects?
>>
>has a problem with infinite combos
>plays green
wiiju
>>
>>51774987
To my understanding there is nothing that prevents negative counters/ X-/X- until end of turn effects other then putting positive counters on something or the creature straight up saying it cannot have counters placed on it.
>>
File: thinking man's game.png (2MB, 856x1202px) Image search: [Google]
thinking man's game.png
2MB, 856x1202px
>when you solve EDH as a format to the point where you understand that it's a casual game and return to your roots
>>
>>51773920
SHITTER

TURBOSHITTER

GIGA

SHITTER
>>
>>51775383
>Kazuul
noice
>>
Any new recent spicy Braids tech?
>>
>>51774733
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/panharmonicon-reanimator/

this is the deck ive been using for the past couple of weeks in causal games. Super fun.
>>
So, /edhg/, what would be the Black, Green and White equivalents to iconic monocoloured enchantments in the vein of Blood Moon and Omniscience?
>>
>>51774559
I love Treva
>>
is Abzan enchantress viable?

What general would even work for it?
>>
>>51775842
Necropotence
Rancor
Oblivion Ring
>>
>>51775842
>White/land tax
RIP
>black
necropotence/phyrexian arena
>green
sylvan library/survival
>>
I want to run people down with stuff like Assemble the Legion and Hellrider. What commander should I start with?
>>
>>51775896
O-ring and rancor aren't that powerful anon

I agree with >>51775903, on green and white
>>
>>51775921
Iroas
seriously hard to deal with but also slow because aggro is all but non-existent in edh.

that being said you can make it work, just get used to being blow out by a WOG on turn 3/4 and then durdling till you die. because that will happen in about 1/3 games you play.
>>
>>51774987
Regenerate him?
>>
>>51775921
>>51775945
would also like to suggest Jor Kadeen. You're going to be running mana rocks so it's not hard to turn Metalcraft online. His ability works well with weenies and is dangerous as hell
>>
>>51776017
that explicitly will not work against Toxic Deluge
>>
>>51776050
Really? Because it's only damage, right?
>>
>>51776066
correct, regenerate only triggers against lethal damage and destroy effects. Regardless, Deluge will make Lim-Dul have 0 or less toughness, so even if he were to regenerate he would still die next time state-based effects are checked.
>>
>>51772892
Iona, Shield of Emeria

Not because it's powerful or hard to remove, but because it's the definition of "stop having fun" in creature form. Also it punishes players for playing budget monocolor decks instead of having to starve for a month to afford a viable manabase.

Also I'd argue Stasis. Nothing good or fun ever came from that card in this format, just degeneracy.
>>
>>51776182
>Iona, Shield of Emeria
completely agree, card does nothing but say "fuck you" to mono-color players

>Stasis
This I don't agree with, Stasis is by no means the lynchpin to stax, banning it just reduces the number of stax cards without really doing anything to the strategy.
>>
>>51776182
Kill yourself. I play fucking mono green and don't mind Iona.
>>
>>51776297
Probably because almost nobody names green with Iona you passive aggressive faggot.
>>
>>51776281
>>51776182
>I don't run colorless removal because I am bad at this game.
>I must blame a fucking 9 mana card instead of dedicating cards to getting out of a jam.
May as well ban all the praetors since they have detrimental effects.
>>
>>51776182
>Stasis. Nothing good or fun ever came from that card
neck yourself, stax is one of the few things keeping combo at bay.
>>
>>51776361
Oh, so I have to mandatorily dedicate slots to colorless removal just because a card is legal and unanswerable otherwise? Might as well unban half the cards then. Why is Braids banned, just Unsummon her every turn in that monoblue bruh!
>>
>>51776402
HOLY SHIT HOW FUCKING BAD AT MAGIC ARE YOU YOU CUMGUZZLING SISTER LISTER FAGGOT FISTER
>>
>>51776361
praetors don't completely shut down mono-colored decks though. Iona is a horribly designed card, there's no way to argue against this.
>>
>>51776408
Stay salty, friend.
>>
>>51776361
>implying I don't run colorless removal to get around protection
>Implying mana cost ever limits how fast a creature comes into play

I think Iona is an issue because she's like Emrakul in that once she hits play the game stops being about playing Magic and "how to play around this massive bomb" Granted Iona isn't nearly as big an issue, but I think a card that you explicitly need to run silver bullets against if you're playing mono color is a problem.
>>
>>51776444
I can't help it. Adapt you shitter. What awful monocolor deck are you playing that you get cucked to death by Iona? Someone else will deal with her, or you were too much of a little shit in that game and you got shut down because of it.

If you get so butthurt over Iona, don't try to suck Sheldon's cock to get rid of it, throw in duplicant, O-stone, Karn, hell, Brittle fucking Effigy will do the trick.
>>
>>51776458
You need to run answers to crazy bombs, it should be on your mind when you deckbuild. Iona is a common problem to monocolored decks, so you run ways to deal with it.

>>51776413
>t1 reanimate Sire of Insanity or Jin Gitaxias
>No one gets to play magic
>T1 reanimate iona
>1 person doesn't get to play magic.
You're just mad because you're on the end of a silver bullet you didn't prepare for
>>
>>51776496
I play monored. I mean I do run Nevin Disk and All is Dust but if you know how to tutor for a single digit pieces of removal in a 99 card deck in this color that I have to mandatorily run because of a single card (one of them being a ~10$ card), please let me know.
>>
>>51776607
What kind of monored is getting consistently cucked by Iona? That's entirely on you for being the biggest threat at the table, or having a playgroup with poor threat assessment. Win faster. Kill harder.
>>
>>51776589
>>t1 reanimate Sire of Insanity or Jin Gitaxias
>>No one gets to play magic
that's wrong though. the game slows down significantly, but you can still play.

>You're just mad because you're on the end of a silver bullet you didn't prepare for
it's a silver bullet you MUST prepare for, that's the difference. if you have to run certain cards just to counter 1 specific card that really tells you about the power level of that one card.

if you don't understand this you are either retarded or a troll.
>>
>>51776651
>Hurrr why i gotta run grave hate????
It's only one of the most powerful strategies in all of Magic.
>>
>>51776639
I run Hidetsugu atm, it's generally quite consistent but there is little I can do about a turn 2 Iona or whatever. But I don't mind losing because of Iona per se because shit simply happens - what irks me is the general concept of the card that screams "stop playing monocolor".
>>51776685
Grave hate is different because almost all of it is colorless, and it's useful against a myriad of decks (almost anything green and/or black in fact). And yet I'm forced to run suboptimal colorless removal just on the off chance that I run into something that basically says fuck you to a whole set of decks. Primeval Titan is much less toxic for deckbuilding, and yet he's banned - why's that?
>>
>>51776651
>you can still play with Jin and Sire
>can't with Iona
Because you built your deck poorly.
Knowing your decks weaknesses and how to cover them is part of deck construction.
>>
File: 1383694046464.jpg (29KB, 462x265px) Image search: [Google]
1383694046464.jpg
29KB, 462x265px
>>51776805
>Primeval Titan is much less toxic for deckbuilding, and yet he's banned - why's that?
Really activates your almonds
>>
>>51776850
well, why is it?
>>
>>51776837
>all monocolor decks are required to run colorless removal because of a single card
>this is somehow healthy for variety in the format
Look at the banlist.
http://mtgcommander.net/rules.php

>>51776850
Not saying he isn't degenerate (I'd argue Sun Titan is moreso though), but there's so much more you can do about him, in any color in fact, regardless of what kind of deck you run.
>>
Dear /tg/, since I became "that combo/comp guy" at my lgs I decided to somewhat disassemble my Xenagos deck ("too brutal once it's get's going" wut?) to build Gisela, the cute one. Is there a way to make RW good, but not breaking it to degeneracy? Controlish style or hitting face with cute angels, doesn't matter.

I need to stay low for the time since playing 1 vs 3 semi-battlecruisers/wanky aggro isn't the funniest thing when each game regardless of the board state they fuck my shit up if they can just so they can safely play battlecruiser again or it doesn't matter and I combo out anyway

The whole lgs is pretty casual, if you'd take all the guys with acctually good decks you might be able to fire a pod on a good day.

My current shit: Boonweaver Karador with option to fast switch to Ghave, 70% complete Sydri, mentioned Xenagod
>>
>>51776869
Look, if you lack the critical thinking skills to understand the sheer value of a card like Primeval Titan, as opposed to the niche effect of MAYBE hosing a single monocolor deck in a multiplayer format, you may be fucking retarded.

>>51776895
Primeval Titan was one of the most cancerous cards to exist in all of EDH. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief to see it banned. It didn't see play in t0 decks, but nobody plays tier 0 decks in EDH because it's a casual format. Primeval Titan was a card that simply overwhelmed you with value.

Fetching up cradle, cofferborg, who the fuck knows what else was an insane value play, especially on a creature that can be reanimated, cloned, and gets more fucking triggers on attacks.

Iona is a card that, once resolved, will inevitably die, and when it does, you're going to eat a big dick from all the players who you locked out of the game.

I'd rather reanimate a Jin or Sire of Insanity, or a fucking Consecrated Sphinx.

Not the 9-mana beatstick that stops mattering the second she leaves play.
>>
>>51776943
Is that a problem of Titan itself, or of Cradle being a ridiculous card that miraculously wasn't banned along with Academy?
>>
>>51776869
Primeval titan can fetch out degenerate lands like gaea's cradle. Having him fetch out 2 lands, any land, is a fucking mistake, especially in green, a color that ramps. Throw in other strategies, such as flickering, makes him stronger.
>>
>>51776983
You didn't need cradle for Prime Time to be fucking retarded. I played a lot of U/G/X cancer back then, and when in doubt the choice was always get Prime Time.

Momir? Tutor him up.
Wanderer? Worldy Tutor that piece of shit for four free lands.
Random-ass monogreen trash deck that got an early ramp start? Shit, let's ramp more.

Whereas with Iona, nobody is going to make Iona their dedicated tutor target unless they consistently play three opponents who share a color. SHE'S a silver bullet card, not a card that demands you play a silver bullet.
>>
>>51776983
Different anon but primeval titan is so fucking good even without a gaea's cradle. Regarding gaea's cradle not being banned, who knows why it isn't banned. It's a question to ponder right alongside metalworker
>>
>>51777027
>SHE'S a silver bullet card, not a card that demands you play a silver bullet.
A silver bullet there's no chance to escape unless you manage to topdeck an answer or somebody actually helps you out. Again, this isn't about power level per se, this is about promoting interaction and deck variety, which Iona fundamentally opposes.
>>
>>51776907
There are ways to build gisela from my experience. They are either double damage galore, MLD/stax effects, equip voltron, enchanment damage, and extra combat phases. Granted, it'll be difficult since it's RW, so you must heavily rely on artifacts a lot, which is made easier with the new supports from kaladesh block. If you want to make her really casual, there's plenty of support for RW soldiers. Have them swing en masse when she's on the field.
>>
>>51777105
Iona is not a common card. Even if she were five dollars, I promise you, she would not be a format staple. Why? She just isn't that good. She does not fundamentally oppose deckbuilding decisions. Only a colossal retard would sleeve up their deck and think "hurpdedurp, my mono color deck loses to Iona!" Wow, yeah, and the 5 color combo deck loses to blood moon.

Either hope some asshole kills Iona, or accept that you dug this grave by somehow being a big enough threat that everyone wants to keep you out of that game.
>>
File: depressing-memes-sonic.jpg (25KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
depressing-memes-sonic.jpg
25KB, 500x627px
>first time you played commander

A classmate in uni introduced me to the game, and I looked at the wizards release schedule and Commander 2015 was the next thing coming out soon so i bought Meren for myself and Kalemne for my gf. I beat her so badly because we didnt realize how vast the power differences were. I didnt realize it at first, but losing really hurt her feelings so she didnt play much. However, my classmate and I played quite often and i got really into the game because i was extremely depressed in my life and needed an outlet. I made my gf play with me a lot of beat her even more. Because more and more of our time was spent doing something she didnt like, she grew more and more distant. She was a very meek person, so she never said anything. One day, she didnt kiss me back after I dropped her off at home. Within the next two weeks she dumped me and moved on. We had been together for 2 years and I am still convinced she was the one. Its been a year since we broke up, and i think about her every day. I tried relationships with 3 other girls but just cant move on from her. I miss what we had together. I dont even like Magic that much anymore but I have nothing else to fill my free time anymore.
>>
>>51777128
Casual to the point where I wil sneak in Armageddon, so I guess mld/stax it is combined with Hidetsugu
>>
>>51772139
>>51774516
Get used to no one replying unless it's either the current meme or they get to show off their own deck.
Welcome to /edhg/
>>
>>51777149
This. Decks have silver bullets. Whether it's arcane labratory, blood moon, Choke, Boil or Iona, you can backbreak every deck.
It's a part of magic, and since she isn't overpowered, she should stay.
>>
>>51772139
Karmic Justice is ridiculous in Sigarda, I'd recommend slotting it in somewhere.
>>
>>51777151
Sucks that happened, the feeling of being responsible of destroying a happy moment, but honestly speaking, you're a fucking idiot for being fucking dense. I'll use a saying popular among my people, "Por pendejo", a message that roughly translates to "that happened for being a fucking idiot". Either way, i hope you get your shit together and find a girl that makes you happy.
>>
>>51777151
At least you stomped hard.
>>
>>51777151
Dude, why did you keep forcing her to play? She obviously hated it.
>>
>>51777371
On the plus side, he doesn't get to reproduce this way.
>>
Is hidetsugu the new meme commander that everyone in /edh/ builds?
>>
>>51777411
hidetsugu has always been a meme commander
>>
>>51777411
God I hope not, I don't want singles prices to skyrocket for his stuff.
>>
Can /edh/ recommend me an interesting build-around me commander in green/white/blue (any combination thereof) that's more synergical with oddball obscure cards rather than generic goodstuff?
>>
>>51777654
Celestial Kirin?
>>
>>51777780
Not sure if that one specifically, but thanks for reminding me of spirit/arcane.
>>
>>51777128
>>51777166
That's what i came up with quick look-through most of my stuff sans lands: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-angel-2/

Have to say, I can see it working
>>
>>51775743
looks fun, but way too rich for my blood
>>
Howdy /tgedhg/, I snagged an undamaged Leovold from a store that really didn't know how much he was worth and doesn't check online prices. I impulse bought him yesterday with no real support or deck in mind. My meta is super casual and I already run a Nekusar deck so I was thinking about only doing a light wheel theme mostly to fuel the yard for reanimator shenanigans and generate card advantage for me. Right now I'm thinking about buying the Ydris precon just to give him a shell until I get more money for a sexier deck/manabase. Any thoughts/deckslists/spicy tech would be cool. I've never done Reanimator or Sultai before. I think my final Leovold will be about $100 for the mana base and $150 for the rest of deck.

also I have the gitgud toad and he needs a home. Should I try to shoehorn him into leovold or do I just need to dedicate a deck to him

Thank you for your time
>>
>>51777941
gitgud toad works best in decks that try to have land subtheme, or as a commander.
Leovold is mostly hard stax with addition of things like Teferi's Puzzlebox (and obvious doomsday) and not really a 'yard shenaningas- that's what Tasigur or Sidisi is for.

If you do want another wheel then Yidris is a good start I guess
>>
>>51777941
Secondary thoughts after posting should i just combine nekusar and leovold into a Ydris superwheels? That seems pretty damn lame and counter intuitive.
>>
>>51777279
>>51777371
I know that its completely my fault. I realize and admit it. Obviously there is more to the story than just that, i didnt ruin a relationship over just a shitty hobby, we were seeing each other less and less. I was nearly completely broke from paying for uni, i was in a car accident and had my only friend die, I had only roughly an hour a week to see my gf between uni and my two jobs, I had significant self image issues etc. I had so much anger and frustration that I didnt speak to anyone for weeks, tried to kill myself, etc. It was a bad situation handled in the worst way possible. Its knowing that your careless behaviour destroyed what you held most dear that hurts the most.
I am a much better person now and life is going well, albeit being completely alone, but it's painful that I had to lose everything to reach this state and turn my life around.
/blogpost
>>
>>51777941
GitGud Toad is super fun, one of my favorite legendaries printed in the last few years. I highly recommend him since you can build him from ultra casual to viably competitive.
>>
>>51774792
I thought they were pretty interesting but people only seem to run gorgon tribal with them which is... meh.
>>
>>51772504
my group bans combos, but the last time i combod off it was fucking comedy gold.
>>
File: 180px-Superweenie.jpg (119KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Superweenie.jpg
119KB, 1152x864px
>>51776182
>>51776281
>crying about a 9mana card
>>
>>51775383
*tips morinfen*
>>
File: 1481835775826.jpg (90KB, 572x494px) Image search: [Google]
1481835775826.jpg
90KB, 572x494px
>>51775383
>no scrambleverse
>>
File: Image (27).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (27).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51775279
>>51774987
or, ya know, Big Butts
>>
>>51778226
Hey, anon, keep it up.
The longer the night, the brighter the dawn.
>>
>>51778226
Admitting fault is a good sign and shows strength. Keep on marching forward anon.
>>
>>51777899
Nice. I suggest burn spells that don't hit flying creatures.
>>51772139
Looks pretty solid. I would playtest first. Some cards to keep in mind are cards like rampant growth,swords to plowshares, beast within, and revoke existence.
>>
>>51777926
What looks too expensive?
The lands might be a little up there but other cards have budget options
Though survival or at least Fauna Shaman, the deck just works so much better with them.
>>
>>51777941
Gitgut toad is way better as his own commander.
>>51778071
Or the goblin and kydele partners.
>>
File: 1320883261559.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1320883261559.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>51771682
>Sorry I'm not the usual guy
That's a piss-poor excuse for not just copy/pasting the OP pasta
>>
File: 1463481563997.jpg (36KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1463481563997.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
>>51776361
>there are zero ways to cheat out a 9 mana creature in EDH
>everybody always hardcasts their creatures and there's no fast mana ramp
really makes you think
>>
>>51779195
the tutors, mana base, and hoof as far as i can see, but might be more i dont have.
>>
>>51771700
I wanna say about 2 months after I started playing Magic. I was reading through Kelly Digges' Serious Fun backlog and saw him discussing the format a bit. It sounded cool, and I had picked up some cheap starter decks with legends in them (Experiment Kraj and Teneb), along with trading/buying some cards, so I tossed together a reanimator list. It wasn't great, but turn 4 Iona was good enough for many games.
>>
File: 1324420924656.jpg (31KB, 310x322px) Image search: [Google]
1324420924656.jpg
31KB, 310x322px
>group knows I love artifacts
>thinks newest deck is going to be some kind of nonstop mono-brown rape engine
>it's just Slobad jank

I should probably tweak it into Daretti Stax just to confirm their hateful suspicions
>>
>>51779316
>hoof
Oh yeh that's kinda a wincon
You can replace it with path breaker ibex or kahmal fist of krosa
The tutors can be replaced with card draw.
>>
>>51779301
>Iona is the best creature to cheat in
>only shuts down 1 player if that, and is otherwise just a dumb flying threat
Really gets your noggin joggin
>>
Looking at the ban list right now
why is upheaval banned? why is yawgmoth's bargain banned?
>>
>>51772892
>Which cards should be unbanned?
I think Gifts would be fine to bring back.
>Which cards should be banned?
Metalworker. I use it in Sydri and it's absolutely fucking insane. I'd be sad to see it go but I could understand why they would (re)ban it.
>>
>>51779404
Tell that to the playgroup that all is hamstrung without ad nauseum
>>
>>51779404
>you get to completely take one other person out of the game until someone boardwipes
really makes your brain drain
>>
>>51779410
upheaval is busted, at eot you can fuck somebodys board over and just replay your shit with flash like it doesnt matter while everyone else has to throw away all their lands, permenants, hopes, and dreams
yaws bargain is worse, you can pay 30 life draw a third of your deck and ritual combo out infinite mana into a labman combo on turn 2
>>
>>51779365
alright, thanks. ill see what i can do.
>>
>>51779466
>sorcery speed
>all permanents
I don't see how this does anything worse than obliterate or cyclonic rift
there's literally no excuse for upheaval to be banned if cyclonic rift isn't
>>
>>51779436
>boardwipes
>not just doom blade
>when instead you could Sire of Insanity or Jin
Doesn't even make me think at all.
>>
>play any deck
>all my friends throw all their destruction and shit at me
>go on to do their own things while I spend the whole game drawing cards I can't play
so what do I do now. I just got raped with my artifact deck, my naya deck's been getting focused down hard with creature hate, and I can't play Krenko anymore.
>>
>>51779509
Ask your friends what the fuck their problem is

No seriously, ask them to cool it and why you get laser focused every game
>>
>>51779535
"if we don't focus you, you'll win"

Why the fuck else would they do it. Apparently the only way to beat me is to completely shut me out from playing. I've built so many different varities and kinds of decks and I seem to be the one who gets fucked first until they notice I'm pissed off, attack each other for a turn, then go right back to me once I play something again.

Every card they're terrified is going to turn into an infinite fucking combo.
>>
>>51779561
Well, what decks are you running?
>>
>>51779561
you're playing the boogeyman deck anon
anything that has the possibility of going off in one turn and killing everybody if not responded to obviously scares the shit out of your play group
the prossh player in our group usually gets focused first because it's just easier to not have to worry about tapping out and then getting facefucked when he green sun zenith's for craterhoof
>>
>>51779568
Breya, Mayael, Krenko, Roon, and I have an Alesha deck I haven't busted out yet because I'm afraid to play it.
>>
>>51779496
The excuse is that you can float 10 mana, recast all your manarocks among other things, and assuredly win from how ridiculously ahead you are.
>>
File: 1467648569828.jpg (36KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1467648569828.jpg
36KB, 265x370px
>>51774351
>>
>>51779496
Lands are permenants, if youre late enough in the game you might force a player to pick up 20 lands and 9 other things, they get to play 1 land and discard their deck while you floated mana and replayed all your shit.
>>
File: 690653.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
690653.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51779617
>>51779620
oh ok
>>
>>51779606
>>51779609
yeah those decks are all the boogeymen of your playgroup anon
I suggest trying to play stuff that's less explosive or just playing infect and accepting that you will almost never win
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51779620
I can't believe sunder is still legal
Not only that but you can wheel their hand on top of it
Jace archivist them with a dream halls out
Now that's playing magic
Sunder goes in every nekuzar deck, well all but the super competitive ones
>>
>>51779609
Correct threat assessment isn't their fault
>>
File: IMG_6963.jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6963.jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>51774559
>>51774593

She the Commander of my first (non-modified pre-con) deck, and while not amazing it's a pretty fun Dragon Tribal deck, so I will probably never take it apart.
>>
>>51779609
Make Angus and laugh
>>
>>51779609
Its kindof your fault, just saying. You're obviously one of the better players in the group if theyre targeting you and the decks youre playing are powerful.Either play prossh or play a different kind of deck out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>51779609

Buy Hug Kings and apologize, play the good guy for awhile Then unexpectantly turn it into a deadly combo deck and crush them mercilessly.
>>
>>51779827
No shit it's my fault. I didn't ask who to blame, I asked what to do.

>>51779818
>Angus
>$70
I dont have that money to drop on magic, but thanks for the tip. Coincidentally, I want my Roon deck to be a control bant deck because I fucking hate Bant and I don't want it to be another combo deck.
>>
>>51778061
Is there something that isn't hard stax but isn't also total shit? I don't want my play group to hate me off the table more than they already do . I figured wheels into the yard for reanimator would be something that is a nice middle ground of
>fuck your game
and
>we can actually play magic instead of watching me masturbate.

Does anybody have any Sultai Reanimator/goodstuff list?
>>
>>51774243
Prophet of Kruphix is a 5 mana entirely leveled up Lighthouse Chronologist. There's a reason why it was quite literally in every UGx deck.
>>
>>51780101
Lighthouse chronologist seems more busted and masturbatory than prophet. They in essence do the same thing but chronologist gives you more upkeep/draw triggers.
>>
>>51780207
chronologist requires you to first dump 7 blue mana into it. prophet is busted as soon as it lands.
>>
File: 136472.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
136472.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
Fuck Ensnaring Bridge and everyone who uses it
>>
>>51780683
make your dude smaller, then pump him.
>>
How do I know how many mana rocks I want?
>>
>>51780723
i pump ur mum wit my penis LOL
>>
>>51780979
Only if I can watch in the corner with my cuck cage on.
>>
>>51771682
I'm fairly confident there is no usual guy given that I've posted a fair number in the last month and other people also have.
>>
>>51781090
Youre right. /edhg/ has a pretty healthy community with a sense of responsibility. Ive made 3 or 4 threads in the last two months when we've needed them and accidently started the now-dead Colgate meme. People actually post lists 90% of the time when asked too.
Im glad we are the least toxic mtg general
>>
>>51781221
We also have The Great Big Book of /edh/ Fuck-Ups which is usually good for a laugh
>>
>>51781256
someone post it for those who dont know?
>>
>>51780964
i usually put in about 4-5 plus a soul ring and then add more depending on how top heavy my deck is. i dont think i have single deck with more than 7
>>
>>51781287
It's just an informal collection of dumb shit that's happened in these threads. The OPs of said dumb shit have tried to defend their fuck-ups and ended up looking like retards

>Re mach guy
>29 Swamps and a Ritual
>Police State LGS
>Ascendant/Mental Misstep debate
>>
>>51781318
Gonna need a quick course on that re mach guy.
>>
>>51781318
Can we include rev for 15 and steal that from modern general?
>>
>>51781462
May as well, no one plays that any more.
>>
File: 1440877185188.jpg (103KB, 796x600px) Image search: [Google]
1440877185188.jpg
103KB, 796x600px
>>51781433
pic

>>51781462
I dunno, /edh/ has its own special brand of fuck-ups. It's made better by the fact that people get super tryhard about what amounts to the "fun with pals, beer-and-pretzels" MTG format
>>
>>51781491
Truely we are the gods of the eternal formats.
>>
>>51781318
>no geist of St. Traft sea monster tribal for flavour purposes
>or "that guy" who instantly derails the thread when people post their shitty waifu alters
>>
>>51781221
thank you for based colgate. I found a bunch of Golgari rot farms at a garage sale and told my friend about the colgate rot farms. They just harvest the rotten teeth there.

>>51779198
Is their a better commander than vial smasher though? I know my options are limited in null white but damn.
>>
>>51771682
Roommate kept suggesting we try it out, built a Talrand deck with like 3 counterspells and mostly blue creatures
I was bad back then.
>>
>>51781547
Modern is non-rotating, not eternal
>>
>>51781717
>>51781318
> kalemne, sitter of faces
>colgate
>>
>>51771682
When someone at the tg-club at my university played a round and one of them had 2 decks with him, Ezuri and Nahiri. He borrowed me the Nahiri deck and I got control of Ezuri by boardwiping and instantly fell in love with the format.
>>
>>51772892
Ban Obliterate, Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Deadeye Navigator

Unban Prophet and Sylvan Primordial. Maybe Coalition Victory, though it'd probably get old fast.
>>
>>51781786
Shh just accept it anon, times have changed. Modern is dead now.
>>
File: Stopped_reading_there.png (127KB, 1153x823px) Image search: [Google]
Stopped_reading_there.png
127KB, 1153x823px
>>51781839
>Ban Obliterate
>>
so ive never had a non precon deck before, how do i build a deck from scratch?
>>
File: CTB_1.jpg (46KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
CTB_1.jpg
46KB, 640x468px
>>51774351
She's unbeatable in my Meta, I barely play her in it because of that.
>>
>>51781876
Go on edhrec, mtgsalvation or whatever and look at primers, lists and auto includes for your commander. If you don't know what you want as your commander, think of your favorite color combo or strategy and look at legends that support that.
>>
>>51781876
Sol Ring
40 Lands
>>
>>51771682
9th grade, i played with the senior neckbeard who ran the dnd club. we played during math, he was really bad at math and i didnt give a shit about school.
>>
>>51771682
about a year ago. i read a bunch of stuff on commander and i bought a 2015 precon deck for me (meren) and the other 2 people in my play group to try one day and we have been playing commander ever since
>>
>>51781940
are you Armageddon.deck?
fast mana?
what is it that people cant deal with?
>>
>>51782321
Not him, but I'm guessing his meta plays a lot of red and green. Every other color can deal with her, but short of a few rare spells, Gruul is fucked. Better hope you draw your Chaos Warp or Song of the Dryads!
>>
What's worse, playing with some tap lands or playing almost all basic lands in a 2 color deck?
>>
>>51781876
10 ramp
35 lands
25 or so creatures
15draw
5 interesting cards
5 tutors
5 wincons

something like this will get you the cards you need when you need them.
the most important thing to do when building a deck is have an idea of what you want to do before building it.

I just built a Panharmonic Abzan a few weeks ago it wanted to have a high density of etb effects and ways to tutor for panharmonicon and other ways to abuse those effects.
thats how you build more casual decks
for competitive decks you need to only focus on your wincons and use legacy powered cards to get there, lots of tutors and cantrips a strong commander and cheap mana (mana crypt/vault, sol ring, cabal ritual, dark ritual, legal moxen etc.)
make sure your deck is fit for your playgroup, an arms race is only fun when everyone is on board.
>>
File: IMG_3201.jpg (45KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3201.jpg
45KB, 223x310px
Is this most useless card in magic history?
>>
>>51782422
City in a bottle
>>
>>51782321
Pretty much.

>>51782374
They dont have control. The only time they beaten it was I got mana shorted and got killed before I could recover.
>>
>>51782422
Golgothian Sylex
>>
File: land.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
land.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>51782422
>can be tapped for clock of omens
>1/3 of the way to metalcraft
>can be sac'd to goblin welder
no
>>
>>51781876
find a legendary creature that does a thing you like to do, then put in 37 lands and some ramp and a bunch of things that help the commander do the thing, or can do the thing without the commander
>>
>>51782466
This can be made to work anon, the set specific boardwipes are dogshit
>>
>Quit a few years ago
>New friend group ropes me back into playing
>Play with them a few times for about a month now
>Not really having fun
>Ask if my deck just isn't good
>Feel slightly offended, but I am kind of rusty.
>Anon you have no victory cons?
>Lol what I have a fair amount of heavy hitters and damage dealing
>Anon it would take a few turns to win with any of these
>They all play one turn infinite combos/wins
>No matter how good my board is or how much damage I've dished out I keep loosing because they will just combo out if it gets to turn five.

I don't even dislike combo decks, even if I prefer tribal or at least some creature swinging, I've just realized that it is all this group plays and it is next to impossible to win with anything that isn't combo, and then get mocked for not playing combo.
>>
>>51782559
I would love to hear how you would use that land over a 2 mana artifact that does nothing.
>>
>>51778385
I used to run them. They're a fun finisher in big mana gb control
>>
>>51782717
Vigor, pariah, and hardend scales
Now it makes your creatures bigger and synergises with evolve and can be tutored up with your green cards. You can do pariahs shield if you want monogreen.
>>
>>51782779
Oh go the distance and use forgotten ancient as your pariah, its a flavor win and lets you go modular.
>>
File: best.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
you have 10 seconds to prove this isnt the best sorcery in the game
just try
you cant
because its not possible
>>
>>51783027
wait

WAIT

you reveal your entire library? fuck i wish i had a temur deck so i could play this
>>
>>51783027
Pretty spicy anon
>>
>>51783027
Opponent is usually going to choose the least helpful things they can give you so you're stuck with cards that aren't as usefull as could be
>>
File: Undying Evil_DKA.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Undying Evil_DKA.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>51774987
Lashwrithe and Nightmare Lash are only ones that I could think of. Only thing that helps against -x/-x effects. Melira helps against minus counters, though. And of course, there's my secret tech, pic related.
>>
>>51783148
the three worst cards in your deck should still be good cards
usually it gets me birds of paradise, wayfarers and a basic land.
I play it in my 5c basic land deck
>>
Am I in the wrong here?

>never played any format of Magic before
>a local group meets weekly to play EDH/Commander
>read a bunch of stuff online about solid decks, decide to create a mono-blue deck
>go on eBay to find the individual cards
>1000 dollarydoos!
>set aside a small weekly Magic budget, start buying the cards
>it's 4 weeks later and I've only acquired about a third of the collection
>this is taking too long
>find a third-party site that prints custom playing cards
>track down some high-res captures of magic cards
>pay all of $50 to print the remaining 60-odd cards I need - hey, it's not formal play, there's nothing at stake.
>take my collection on down to the local gaming store
>play some games with some folks, learn some stuff, have a blast
>go back the next week and play again, having swapped about six of my proxies out with the new arrivals off eBay
>playing this guy, last game of the night, thrashing him with my awesome deck
>without warning he suddenly reaches over and grabs one of my cards
>starts rubbing it between his fingers like he's some fine connoisseur or some shit
>"this one is fake"
>grabs the next card in my deck, rubs it the same way
>"this is fake too."
>"yeah, they're proxies. Most of my deck is proxies. I got them made up so I could play while I try to buy-..."
>the REEEE begins
>"YOU MANUFACTURED FAKES WHAT THAT'S NOT ALLOWED REEEEE."
>tell him to settle the fuck down
>others gather, connoisseur is frothing at the mouth, whinging that I had fakes made and then swore at him
>"It's just for casual play, though..."
>"Sorry anon, we have a strict policy against fake cards. If you hadn't known then, well... But seeing as you made these yourself, I'm afraid I have to ban you."
>Now banned from EDH night at the LGS

I mean, I understand if there had been prize money or some shit, but this is a completely unreasonable response to a few proxies, right?
>>
>>51783198
thats pretty autistic
as long as you are working toward filling them in and your deck is of a reasonable powerlevel for the group it shouldt matter
>>
>>51781839
>sol ring
It's banned in french
>>
>>51783240
Maybe it's because they're a tight-knit group who have been meeting for years, and I'm some newcomer who upset this precious edgelord. I probably should have been clear up front about the proxies, but I honestly didn't think it would be such a big deal.

Based my deck off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry5assKw8eE
>>
>>51782385
Depends on the colours. I favour playing tap lands because my playgroup is very late-game orriented.
>>
>>51783198
Go to a different lgs.... If you didnt print off the top tappedout edh version on printer paper they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>51783282
there are a lot of strong cards in that deck but its not a competitive list shouldnt have been a problem with more casual players
>>
>>51782693
Ask them if they could not be a bunch of fuccboi's
>>
What is the best carrying case for decks and binders?

My old backpack hurts my back like hell trying to carry around all this shit and it doesn't even hold all my cards without rubbing or compressing the corner of my boxes and binders.
>>
>>51783428
how many decks
>>
>>51783428
Get a laptop backpack. I have 9 decks and all my dice and tokens inside my backpack and it hasnt harmed my decks, cards or tokens.
>>
>>51782442
You don't need control to beat Avvy, you just need removal. White has tons of ways to get rid of her thru exile, black thru sacrifice, blue thru counters and bounce effects.
>>
>>51783487
>you dont need control
>names removal spells
???
>>
>>51783443
3 commander, 4 modern, 2 legacy, 1 tiny leader and 2 full binders
>>
>>51783385
I asked about it, most of them said they would rather not play than do anything beside their combos.
I feel like this has to be some kind of developed mentality that they have because of some past thing it is so weird.
I guess I should have guessed anyway, this is the same group that only plays expanded rules as minmaxy as possible dnd.
>>
>>51783538
Laptop bag, your binders can go in the protective laptop compartment and your deckboxes divided between the large and medium pouches.
>>
>>51783198
maybe you should have told them BEFORE you played against them, most people dont mind if you ask if its okay. or make a budget deck to play if you have the fifty bucks to buy fake cards instead of just putting paper inserts.
>>
>>51774593
>>51774559

QUESTION

Once one of these dragons connects with an oponnent, can you activate the ability as many times as you have mana? Or is it limited to one per swing?
>>
File: 77.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
77.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
Since I can't afford Ravages of War, is this a decent addition for a monowhite MLD?
>>
>>51783527
>removal = control
What?
>>
File: 1448919126297.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448919126297.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>51783198
That's what you got for Chinamanning, Anon.
>>
>>51783630
Why not just play armaggedon? Unless you're already playing it
>>
>>51782693
My meta runs so much removal, in all its forms (well, except counterspells), that playing big creatures is impossible. If they don't get path'd or boardwiped, they get grave pacted.
>>
File: en_hc52fg6r3y.png (173KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_hc52fg6r3y.png
173KB, 265x370px
>>51771682
>thread question
2015. I played magic during Scars of Mirrodin/Innistrad standard and Innistrad/return to Ravinia standard though. I stopped going to community college and dropped from the game. Fast forward to 2015, game store moved behind my place of work at the time and I wanted to play magic again. Bought the Nahiri precon and my friend had a Niv Mizzet deck he would play against me.

I would like to get into other formats again but non rotation ones are too expensive and standard is a trap. Commander reminds me of yugioh where you can cheaply buy into a deck and then customize from there. It's nice.
>>
File: ravos.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ravos.png
124KB, 223x311px
I want to rebuild Abzan, but all the Abzan commanders either draw massive hate, are too linear, or are too weak. I'm tempted to try to make it work using partners. What's the ideal Abzan partner pairing?

>Ravos
Seems really strong on his own
>Rehyan
Interesting, but I don't see myself building around him
>Sidar
Good for politics, I suppose. Synergizes with Tymna well too
>Tymna
Seems like the second best of the group behind Ravos, unfortunately I want G in the mix somewhere
>Ikra
I have never seen this guy played. How well does he work out?
>>
>>51783198
The price of the cards normally work as a barrier, so that not everyone arrives with a perfectly tuned netdeck. I would get mad too if I had to believe that my opponent tried to deceive me. You should have used obvious proxies and explained that you buy the missing cards eventually.
>>
What's the best spot removal in Grixis colours? Yes, aside from Terminate and Dreadbore and Hero's Downfall?
>>
>>51784138
Blasphemous act
>>
>>51784177
Could you please explain to me how Blasphemous Act is supposed to be SPOT REMOVAL?
>>
>>51784190
Youre not supposed to play creatures in grixis. It hits all the spots for R.
>>
>>51783729
I am already playing that and Catastrophe. There aren't many MLD for monocolor that isn't red.
>>
I'm looking for some help cutting my Ayli cleric tribal deck down to 100.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-eternal-pilgrim-cleric-tribal-2/
>>
>>51784095
>>Rehyan
>Interesting, but I don't see myself building around him
There are a lot of cards in Abzan colors that deal with counters. There's a reason Ghave exists.
>>Ikra
>I have never seen this guy played. How well does he work out?
Again, there are a lot of cards in Abzan colors that synergies greatly with toughness. Doran for example.
Those two seem like the best if you want to go the partner route, and the commanders I mentioned could easily be an alternate commander for their respective combo.
>>
>>51784138

I like snuff out, slaughter pact, go for the throat, doom blade, chaos warp, lightning bolt, snap, wipe away
>>
>>51784535

Lol wtf

You have like 3 different decks here mashed together, can't make cuts until it's one deck

Pick themes first and cut everything that doesn't fit a few themes you'll be focusing on, that should get you down to like 130, then you can cut the 30 worst cards
>>
>>51784103
>The price of the cards normally work as a barrier
This is not an excuse.
>>
>>51784760
The main thing I want to do is weaponize life gain in a cleric tribal deck.
>>
>>51783198
you sound like you're in the right since you literally paint the other guy as a total autist, fuck off with your one sided drama shit

proxies are fine for casual play btw, but making a whole deck out of them is pretty lame
>>
File: Thromok_the_Insatiable.jpg (464KB, 620x476px) Image search: [Google]
Thromok_the_Insatiable.jpg
464KB, 620x476px
>>51774351
>>
>>51784837
He painted himself as the autist anon, he couldnt even stand up for himself and got kicked out of an edh group because he was too autistic to have a human conversation.
>>
>>51783560
Yikes. That's rough, man. I know some people can get so into it that they'll constantly be net decking the next big thing but they're few and far between at my LGS. Thankfully we promote identity within my clique so bringing something unique to the table, kitchen or not, is preferred over being "the best". Maybe you could suggest they try building a cheap tribal deck for EDH and see how they react. Tribal is often the key to exploring outside of the minmaxing garbage.
>>
Is there a white card more busted than Luminarch Ascension? I feel like a cheater everytime I play it.
>>
>>51783161
Might as well just play Cultivate then.
>>
>>51784986
faiths reward, breya or atraxa are all better white cards.
>>
>>51785024
>faiths reward
Saves you from a wipe, but otherwise eh. Luminarch nets you a crazy flying army as early as turn 4 or so, and removing the enchantment still leaves the tokens around.
>breya or atraxa
Multicolor, and only good as generals
>>
>>51785030
They are white cards, and you've never animated all the lands, cast wrath of god and then faiths reward to win the game
>>
>>51785053
It only takes one durdly enchantment or counterspell to stop that strategy though.
>They are white cards
You can't put them into a white deck without at least 3 other colors however.
>>
>>51785079
Have you never heard of lapse of certainty?
>>
>>51785101
After land animation and a wrath, will you have mana open for it?
>>
>>51785119
its 11 mana anon.
>>
>>51783198
>>without warning he suddenly reaches over and grabs one of my cards
>>starts rubbing it between his fingers like he's some fine connoisseur or some shit

>playing with non-sleeved cards

holy shit
>>
>>51774559
Screw you, Rith ain't bad.
>>
>>51783630
The promo of ravages dropped in price by half within the past month or so. It used to be $85, down to foryies now fyi
>>
>>51783627
Only once, the trigger occurs when the damage is dealt and then when the trigger resolves it asks you to pay the mana to have the second part take effect.

Double strike and multiple combat steps are the only way to get multiple activations in a turn
>>
>>51785298
OR

damage redirection effects that split up the combat damage to other player recipients (Harm's Way, Shining Shoal)
>>
>>51781839
>Ban monolith
Honestly, at that point you could go ahead and ban all the "balanced" moxen too, grim monolith only really gets stupid with untap shenanigans, normally it's just 1 fast mana that you can't keep reusing, that's leagues worse than both crypt and sol ring, and objectively worse than the vault.
>>
>>51783198
>Get into a format
>Immediately make a 1000 dollar deck
You're a retard anon

>Not sleeving your proxies
You're an enormous fucking retard anon
>>
>>51785469
Basalt Monolith is more degenerate, in fact
>>
>>51774559
>>51774593
Dromar is so fucking awful holy shit
>>
>>51785181
It's pretty hard to find a 3 color general that isn't worse than one that was printed in a non standard legal set. The commander sets and conspiracy are too good. Marath and prosh are just better than rith, for example.
>>
>>51784816
This is not an argument.
>>
>>51785633
Dromar is definitely the most useless. Rith, Teneb, Intet and Numot are good, Crosis is definitely the best one.
>>
>>51785181
Yeah she is. She is SOOO slow! It's bad enough when your 6 mana general has to wait around for a turn then connect then pay more mana and then if you aren't abusing the mass etb with purph or sacing them to something you have to wait another round to get value.
I like playing rith but after building these ten decks at least 5 times each I would put her about mid tier to low tier even among the rest of the dragons.
>>51785633 was complaining about dromar but he's significantly better than rith. You can play with the ability still, washout is a powerful effect to have on a general.
Distorting Lens makes it better and is also great with swords of protection and value. Or you can do what I did and play esper eldrazi and never risk bouncing anyone other than dromar. Dromar is far from great but I still would pick him over rith.
>>
>>51785015
Cultivate doesn't give you a creature and doesn't get better the more you cast it.
>>
>>51785015
>>51786235
There's also the political aspect, e.g. if someone is an obvious archenemy with a nasty board state, you can ask another opponent to fetch you the necessary silver bullets to deal with the archenemy.
>>
>>51783027
i ordered one last night, actually. gonna see how it works out
>>
File: commander decks.jpg (161KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
commander decks.jpg
161KB, 857x1202px
>>
File: 1383862858107.jpg (28KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1383862858107.jpg
28KB, 184x184px
>>51783198
>proxyfags getting BTFO
I love this
>>
>>51786191
Dromar would be great if he didn't bounce himself. Should receive an errata desu.
>>
File: 1407201894157.jpg (32KB, 273x352px) Image search: [Google]
1407201894157.jpg
32KB, 273x352px
>>51786723
>infect
>braindead
Where did the Skithyrx player touch you, you absolute shitter?
>>
>>51783198
>plays with fakes without telling anyone
>doesn't understand when people get mad at him
imagine being this retarded
>>
File: Gaddock Teeg_LRW.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Gaddock Teeg_LRW.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>51782693
Well you are an idiot for not responding to the meta. And then there's the classic stax and MLD.
>>
File: my brain on edh.png (1MB, 856x1202px) Image search: [Google]
my brain on edh.png
1MB, 856x1202px
>>51786723
Fixed
>>
>>51786744
it wasn't a skithiryx it was blightsteel ignition faget
>>
>>51787029
Wow a 16 mana combo, how degenerate
>>
File: BIGBRAIN.png (194KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
BIGBRAIN.png
194KB, 807x935px
>>51786993
>mfw playing tribal humans in a meta full of turn-3 combos.

Thinking about building Gaddock or Norin purely for disruption though.
>>
>>51786993
>Timmy evolves into Spike evolves into Johnny
Sounds about right
>>
>>51787210
You have the high ground anon, godspeed
>>
>>51777149
Finally a real answer
>>
>>51786993
>anything except Doomsday in the third category
Those are all literally plays themselves decks.
>>
>>51787210
Isn't norin too slow for that... And not disruptive enough?
>>
>>51787483
Tryhard detected
>>
>>51787483
Any deck that gets btfo'd by bolt is not in a class by itself
Besides storm is just as fast.
>>
>>51787495
POSSIBILITY STORM
>>
>>51787496
While that may be it doesn't change the fact that none of those decks require the activation of a single synapse.
>>
>>51787524
What turn are you getting that out? And double casting triggers/ accidentally your opponents into combos seems risky
>>
>>51787513
Competitive multiplayer Commander is literally just those decks right now. And no, none of those decks lose to bolt because every card that isn't part of the combo either tutors for the combo or protects it.
>>
>>51787528
>He thinks there's only one doomsday line
Maybe for world gorger decks is simpler but not for the lab man versions.
Certainly more skill intensive than playing 6/6s for 6 and beating face.
Or some talrand shit.
Magic is not a complicated game to begin with but doomsday is likely the most skill intensive plan outside of maybe eggs but probably not.
>>
>>51787554
No it's not.
Stax is still very popular and people are starting to develop some decent control decks.
Yisan is still popular, new selvala is very good, old selvala is played occasionally and cpt sissy is still one of the strongest decks.
Storm is still strong and yidris only made it better.
I have no idea where you are getting your information.
>>
>>51786993
Glad to see people recognize STAX as a difficult strategy. A finely tuned STAX deck (not your brothers janky "I'll play propaganda and call it good" deck) is always as close to accidentially locking yourself out as it is purposefully locking your opponent's out. Sequencing a huge part of piloting the deck and it's why I fucking love it.
>>
>>51787584
No that's the exact opposite of what I was trying to say about Doomsday. It's the only card that can be built around in multiple ways even though throughout its entire history everyone was only grabbing one pile with it.

That's exactly why I was explicitly excluding Doomsday.
>>
>>51787483
>>51787613
you guys realize that that meme has nothing to do with difficulty, right?
>>
>>51787609
In what fucking world? Stax isn't fast out disruptive enough to stop Hermit Druid, Food Chain or Storm. I never said Storm wasn't a deck, I said exactly the opposite in my post please go and reread it. I haven't seen Storm played in the new meta but I don't see how Ydris does anything for that deck.

Ydris and Selvala lose to any interaction and aren't fast enough without goldfishing into an infinite.
>>
>>51787678
The second Ydris was supposed to be Yisan.
>>
>>51782422
>>51782438
I wish they didn't errata those with "originally printed"
>>
>>51787674
I assumed it was a continuation of the really makes you think shit I see everywhere.
>>
File: Tamanoa_CS.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tamanoa_CS.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>51782466
There's at least 1 neat combo with that card.

Speaking of, what cards do you wish were legendary? Hard mode: not nephilim
>>
>>51787724
you already posted it
>>
File: 27.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>51787724
Similar but different
>>
So why is Breya seen as so great? She strikes me as a mediocre card advantage and mana sink and I haven't seen a Breya deck do anything spectacular so far besides standard artifact shenanigans.

>>51782422
At least that's a permanent.
For most useless try Break Open, for most underwhelming probably Archangel's Light
>>
Everybody talks about banning fast mana, but how much would EDH change if Lightning Greaves were banned?
>>
>>51787915
Light only loses points because it's a mythic, if it was an uncommon no one would even remember it. Mudhole used to be one but it's ability actually has more than 0 uses at this point. There's still Wood Elemental but I would have to agree, Break Open is practically impossible to use in a way that would benefit you.
>>
>>51787970
>Everybody talks about banning fast mana
lol wut
>how much would EDH change if Lightning Greaves were banned?
almost not at all? it's hardly as prevalent as Sol Ring and Swiftboot Boots are situationally more useful.
>>
>>51787977
At least Wood Elemental can somehow win you the game in some extremely fringe, Limited format scenario.
>>
>>51787915
Combo piece.

But in those colors you could be playing a better faster combo or using other pieces to that combo to the same effect.
>>
>>51787970
it would just make a ton of commanders useless and make gay shit like uril and narset even more useful
>>
>>51787970
lightning greaves doesnt affect the format too significantly. Wizards even stopped putting them in the precons
>>
File: jungle skeleton.jpg (114KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
jungle skeleton.jpg
114KB, 1024x749px
How exactly does the Ghave, extra counter enabler, and Ashnod's altar combo work?

I make a dude, sac the dude, make two other dudes, sac on of the dudes and make another dude pulling from the counters on newly made dudes?
>>
>>51787915
Sac outlet to protect her artifacts from getting exiled/bounced/tucked
Token producer + being an artifact + able to sacrifice herself = flexible combo piece
WUBR means she gets to use all the best colored artifact synergy
The sac effects are actually decent, either face burn as part of a combo or spot removal
>>
>>51788485
Yeah basically.
>>
>>51788485
Alternatively with Nim's Deathmantle down, make four dudes with Ghave, sac 2 of them, sac Ghave, bring Ghave back with Nim, and repeat endlessly
>>
Let play a game /edh/, Post your favorite commander andothee anons try to guess your personality off it. I'll go first
>heartless hidetsugu
>>
>>51789687
14 years old, diet is exclusively tendies and pizza rolls, mama's boy

Mine is Sedris the traitor King
>>
>>51789687
>someone who follows trends and tries to be original but still can't have own opinions
Brion Stoutarm is mine
>>
>>51789687
trostani
>>
>>51789809
Typical Metal guy personality
>>
>>51789687
Kruphix
For additional help,
Dragonlord Silumgar
Gisela
Sidisi
Sigarda Host
Sygg
Noyan Dar
>>
>>51789809
Change 14 to 19 years old and you described me perfectly :^)
>>
>>51789687
Zirilan of the Claw
>>
>>51790316
>>51790316
>>51790316
>>
>>51789687
Gisa and Geralf
>>
>>51790333
>Gisa and Geralf
>gets trips
Absolutely patrician, anon.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.