[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unique Actions with a firearm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1487273823265.jpg (51KB, 617x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487273823265.jpg
51KB, 617x600px
What type of unique actions can you perform with a firearm?

I've got a few examples:

~Double Tap : *Semi Auto* Uses 2x ammo for 2x damage will slight accuracy reduced

~Bump Fire: *Semi Auto* Uses 4x ammo for 4x damage with significant accuracy reduced

~Point Blank: 2x Damage, very high range reduction

~Focus Fire: Channeling ability, adds stacks for attacking same target multiple time, stacks debuff if target changed

~Tacticle Reload: Shoot 1 shot without full reload time, takes slightly longer than normal shot.
>>
>>51771117
>Tacticle
Dropped. Learn to spell.
>>
Not really a thing you do with a firearm but bouncing bullets is dope
>>
>>51771481
By being a jerk to OP, you've given me a new portmanteau for a tactical tentacle.
>>
>>51771772
Wait, was there an old portmanteau?
>>
>>51771772
Or a tactical testicle.
>>
>>51771481
Your autism is showing.
>>
>>51771117
>Double Tap : *Semi Auto* Uses 2x ammo for 2x damage will slight accuracy reduced
Why is it double damage? Shouldn't you just do multiple hits instead?

>Bump Fire: *Semi Auto* Uses 4x ammo for 4x damage with significant accuracy reduced
How would bump firing ever be practical in combat? Have you ever even touched a gun?

>Point Blank: 2x Damage, very high range reduction
Why would it do twice as much damage? Shouldn't point blank just be a huge bonus to hit? Within the weapon's range profile the damage would be around the same. Bullets don't magically lose half their energy after 20m or whatever.

>~Focus Fire: Channeling ability, adds stacks for attacking same target multiple time, stacks debuff if target changed
What do you mean by this? Like damage stacks? I don't understand.

>Tacticle Reload: Shoot 1 shot without full reload time, takes slightly longer than normal shot.
Kinda makes sense. But why would shooting magically reduce the reload? Why can't you do a speedy tactical reload without shooting?
>>
>>51771117
I constantly remind my players that rolls are the outcome of several seconds of things happening. Meaning that you may indeed land a shot, but other things have happened as well.

Which is why everyone was gun fu fighting.
>>
>>51773002

Double Tap - Multiple hits... So if a gun does 5 damage and hit hits twice you can either 5+5 of 2x5 ... are we really going to argue that?

Bump Fire - allows for near automatic rate of fire on a semi-automatic weapon. Practical in combat when all you have is a semi-auto and you want to put a lot of bullets down range....

Point Blank - Maybe not 2x damage, but there is a drop off. A 22 drops from 66 to 47 ft lbs in 100 Yards. By that math I suppose a close range shot should get 40% damage increase AND a hit bonus.

Focus Fire - Gun does 5 damage, if you shoot again it does 6 damage, if you shoot again it does 7 damage. If you shoot something else then go back to this target you are back to doing only 5 damage per shot.

Tactical reload - It wouldn't reduce the reload.. it is an alternative to reloading...
Shooting takes 1 second
Reloading takes 6 seconds loads 8 shells
Tactical Reload takes 3 seconds, loads 1 shell and shoots
Your DPS would suffer, but sometimes you just need a little more damage and don't need a whole reload....
>>
>>51773299
>5 damage and hit hits twice you can either 5+5 of 2x5
What system are you playing that doesn't roll for damage? What system are you playing that doesn't have armor values?

>Practical in combat when all you have is a semi-auto and you want to put a lot of bullets down range....
So you haven't touched a gun.

>Point Blank - Maybe not 2x damage, but there is a drop off. A 22 drops from 66 to 47 ft lbs in 100 Yards. By that math I suppose a close range shot should get 40% damage increase AND a hit bonus.
When would the players be firing a .22 in combat? Are they fighting feral cats? And besides, the damage a bullet does to flesh is a lot more complex than purely how much energy it has.

> Gun does 5 damage, if you shoot again it does 6 damage, if you shoot again it does 7 damage.
What are you trying to represent with the damage stacking? Again, what system has static damage values

>loads 1 shell and shoots
How does it work for anything with a detachable magazine? How can you change half a mag?
>>
>>51771117
WHY IS THERE NO CONTEXT AT ALL ATTACHED TO THIS?
>>
>>51771117

~Cobain: Uses 1 ammo to reroll a new character.
>>
>>51776076
same as
~An Hero
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.