[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dawn of War 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 39

File: 545646164516451.png (3MB, 2240x1260px) Image search: [Google]
545646164516451.png
3MB, 2240x1260px
God dammit Relic how can you make me both hate and like a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0XnU0xaqsY
>>
just ignore all the hate from seeing alpha footage and enjoy the game when it comes out knowing it wont be GOTY but still fun

>because we all know everyone bitching about it is still gonna buy it eventually
>>
>>/v/
>>
>>51770440

>Still no other Blood Ravens seen

Our boys are coming back right? Cmon I just saw a Chaplain who could that be? Tarkus?
>>
I'm really on the fence about this game, I'll buy it of course, but I wish the gameplay wasn't so competitively-oriented. The aesthetic doesn't even bother me that much anymore, it just looks rule of cool which is whatever for the setting.
>>
>>51770474
The only graphics complaint I have is that the eldar are still too shiny. That and disappointment in their art in general.

I was hoping that they would go in a new art direction for eldar units, focusing on perhaps more of the organic-looking wraithbone as seen in the announcement trailer.
>>
File: Battlewagon.gif (1016KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
Battlewagon.gif
1016KB, 640x432px
>>51770440
If you get to chose who wins, Orks all the way.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
>>
>>51770440
>Dat 1:02 Wraithknight jump
>>
>>51770440
I am still expecting last minute necron reveal.
>>
>>51770440

So IG are already in the game it seems
>>
>>51770591
Same roster as DOW1 I guess

A barebones one before the expansion does them justice
>>
>>51770440

Gabes new voice is so fucking bad
>>
>>51770476
It's Warhammer 40K, so it's /tg/ related. Keep trying.
>>
>>51770740

Did you hear Gorgutz new voice?
>>
I spotted guardsmen! (Getting blown up by the bomb squigs.) What do I win?
>>
>>51770843
A bomb squig to the face!
>>
>>51770754
>t. im from /v/ and never played boardgames but like to discuss 40k lore on /tg/
atleast read the rules kid
>>
>>51770864
Yay!
>>
>>51770760
This alone is putting me off, easily my biggest complaint since it's so easy to get right but the more I see trailers the more it's convincing me to buy it
>>
>>51770889
Not him, but you don't go to /v/, /tv/, /lit/ or /his/ for discussions, you go there for the circle jerks. /tg/ is where the discussions happen, or did you miss the latest Harry Potter and Elder Scrolls Lore threads?
>>
>>51770889

>t. autism

we have weekly TES lore threads anon
>>
The Ork theme is dank as fuck, easily better than the DoW 1 Ork theme and that is great too
>>
>>51770944
Strangely enough, I saw a really good fantasy books thread on /v/. (Hell, it was probably better than /tg/ fantasy book threads because it didn't get spammed up by chucklefucks that can't shut up about Moorcock.) It seems /v/ can have a worthwhile discussion, just not about video games.
>>
>>51771054

modern /tg/ is almost exactly like /v/ in terms of attitude and posts
>>
Did Macha just literally do a FUCK YOU BIEL TAN

The little xeno whore has grown a spine
>>
>>51771054
>It seems /v/ can have a worthwhile discussion, just not about video games.
That's exactly it. You can't have good discussion about video games on /v/. /tg/ is honestly one of the very few boards where you actually can discuss the board topic without fully degenerating into memes and shitposting. Some of the best threads I've ever been in about cartoons and comics was in /v/ and not /co/ for example.
>>
>>51770474
I just hope that tradition holds and the second expansion/DLC introduces a ridiculous overacted character that ushers in a third era of 40k memes.
>>
>>51771310
Soulstorm was the third xpac.
>>
>>51771247
The most decent videogame related in /v/ I saw was about the TF2 mercs giving insults to the Overwatch cast (better than it sounds) and a thread about Spec Ops: The Line oddly free of /pol/tards.
>>
>>51770440
Angelos is the size of Gorgutz....C'mon RELIC!!
>>
>>51770440
Fuck yeah chaplain.

Make way scrubs, best HQ inbound.
>>
>>51770440
Gabe should not be fighting with his alien wife
>>
>>51771441

Question is who is it?\

Diomedes? Tarkus? Fucking Hairgel?
>>
>>51771247
>You can't have good discussion about video games on /v/.
Because most of the new games are shit and didn't deserved "good discussion", or you are whining just about "mh safe space" reddit?
>>
>>51771514
Tarkus would be a goddamn solid Chaplain, yet I could see Thaddeus, since he was so zealous and prone to go Rip and Tear, which is a major point of Chaplains.

Hairgel doesn't fit the bill, first that would mean he has to talk and second it'd be weird for someone in command to suddenly switch lanes and become more of an adviser. It'd be like being demoted.

>>51771499
>Implying they're not arguing about the custody of the planet
>I'm plying Gorgutz isn't the judge
>>
>>51770440
I played it 3 times at gamescom last year, had a blast, not as good as DC but then nothing is. I enjoyed it for different reasons
>>
>>51771625
>not as good as DC but then nothing is.
Dumb nostalgiafag.
>>
>>51770440
>that command and conquer esque Ork them

awwwwww yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhj
>>
>>51771763
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUwDVuAfxHY
>>
>>51771670
>brought in two more factions
>brought in unique playstyles for them
>complete overhaul of campaign from mission-type to risk-type
>army painter
>(relatively) right first time, unlike Shitstorm
>VAing was appropriate to the OTTness of the setting without devolving into memery
>army painter
>trashtalking in Stronghold missions
Seriously, what? Without busting out the meme-word, DC is objectively the best DoW game so far
>>
>>51770494
We know Jonah is back
>>
File: 4465461919646414.jpg (751KB, 765x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4465461919646414.jpg
751KB, 765x1000px
So do you guys actually like the blood ravens or is just memes?
>>
>>51771230
>has grown a spine
bwahaha
>>
File: It was a gift.jpg (67KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
It was a gift.jpg
67KB, 500x633px
>>51771836
Of course I do. They're a compelling chaper with their flaws and quirks while still being "good".

>those 5 seconds
Imma be catapulting grots all day long.
>>
>>51771836
I liked Hairgel.
>>
>>51771836
Tarkus and Avitus were my favorite duo.
>>
>>51770474
I will be a moderately likeable game, don't get me wrong, but the general art directions and animations look Starcraft as fuck. Everything that people dreaded (or at least a portion of DoW) players seems to have come through.

I was hoping for a DoW 2 follow up with a broader scale of things and a continuation of the road they decided to go with. Instead we got this.
>>
>>51772361
Too bad Avitus was the traitor. MORE CORPSES!
>>
>>51770740
what happened to his old voice?

Also who is voicing Macha?
>>
>>51772560

Or paul was really oocupied with another project, or the new Relic forgot that he and Vegeta exists
>>
Pretty hyped. Chaplain (in Terminator armour it seems), Warp Spiders, Guardsmen, Deathwatch squad (I think?), Macha's rebellion... Some of the shots were visually great too (Thunderhawks taking off, nice play with depth, etc.).

>>51772433
> the general art directions and animations look Starcraft as fuck
What does that even fucking mean, and how is that a bad point? I mean, it's graphics, it's one of the least important part of the game.

>I was hoping for a DoW 2 follow up with a broader scale of things and a continuation of the road they decided to go with
DoW2 is especially remarkable for its small scale. How could a large-scale DoW II even work? I mean, the cover system could not work (there were already barely enough cover to make them meaningful end-game, can you imagine putting even more cover, and even bigger ones (because squads are also bigger)?)
>>
File: 1473913339920.jpg (361KB, 1920x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1473913339920.jpg
361KB, 1920x1310px
>>51771836
They're fine. Not particularly exciting beyond "Maybe descended from the Thousand Sons", but serviceable. I'd really like to see some of the weirdos like the Carcharodons or the Minotaurs get some love, but they'd make terrible video game protagonists. It'd be kind of fun if another loyalist chapter showed up as the villains in a campaign sometime though.
>>51771794
Agreed, except that the narrator guy was dorky.
Also
>Oldcrons
>>
Might as well ask here: What are the best modern mods for DoW that add armies and units?
>>
>>51772611

Large scale DoW2 Exists, is CoH
>>
>>51772596
But Paul IS Angelos! these mother fuckers... They better get him next time.
BTW Did they at least get Macha?
>>
File: 1482628652332.jpg (289KB, 1100x780px) Image search: [Google]
1482628652332.jpg
289KB, 1100x780px
>>51772611
>and how is that a bad point? I
The dude designing shit is terrible, misses a lot of basic points of art direction such as silhuette and his shit doesnt look like 40k stuff.

He may have been friends with the old art director but he doesnt even hold a candle to him.
>>
File: Davian_Thule2.jpg (21KB, 347x406px) Image search: [Google]
Davian_Thule2.jpg
21KB, 347x406px
>>51772814

when old Thule looked like Mel Gibson
>>
>>51770440
So far the only thing I liked was the Orks.
>>
>>51770440
so no tau, nids, necrons, chaos, DE, imp
>>
>>51770440
Orcs
Eldar
Spess Mahreen

fuck this.
>>
>>51773035
We saw guardsmen in trailer. But they probably an NPC faction for now.
>>
>>51773035
Neither did the release of the original DoW. We live in the DLC era, its coming.
>>
I hope this will not be another classical base-building RTS like the first one and that they will continue on the same tactical vein than DoW II (no building, only combat). I get people who like to build bases, but this doesn't fit Warhammer which has always been about the tactical aspect of things.
>>
>>51773135
have you been living under a rock
>>
>>51773072
It's as if they were 3 iconics factions of the game, and easily recognizable for the normies

>>51773135
Hu, we already know it is more like DoW1 than DoW2. Micro-management of the hero units is almost the only feature that made it from DoW II if I'm not mistaken
>>
File: necron1.jpg (18KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
necron1.jpg
18KB, 300x280px
>>51773072
We'll be back.

Don't worry.
>>
>>51771514
Boreale
>>
>>51770440
>1:07

ARE THOSE GUARDSMEN?

Imperial Guard confirmed!
>>
So was Macha going rouge?
>>
>>51772611
I'll try my best at desiring what I meant by "Starcraft as fuck", it boils down to the nature of the animations and color pallets and how the units seem to move and act in game.
>fast repeating and cartoonishly fast animations (seriously, I've played Starcraft 2 and this is how it looks like to me).
>The "gravity" of animations in the game, in DoW 2 it looked so much more realities and if the detailed artwork we were shown in the artwork (from the codexes) came to life.
>Hero animations with twirl-in-air-hammer-animations, imperial knights doing weird powerstances before doing a seemingly weak AoE Gatling gun attack.

These are my gripes with that Starfuckery they decided to go with, as with everything it is personal preference, I don't like it and I get the idea their are others out there whom are similiaryly dissapointed. As for myself I feel this art direction and changes have been implemented to appeal to a broader audience and perhaps tap into the E-sports scene (coming back to Starcraft fuckery).

As for scaling up DoW 2, I think it was possible with the right changes with regards to map size, unit sizing, destructabilty of terrain and progressive terrain system as shown in CoH 2. I do however agree with your criticism of terrain going out the window in late game stages of DoW 2 mp matches, something fixable if you ask me.

It was possible but it obviously wasn't what sega was aiming for.
>>
No chaos?

Also bored of the Elder/Ork now, give us Tao, Necron or even Dark Elder for a bit of change.
>>
>>51776086
>As for myself I feel this art direction and changes have been implemented to appeal to a broader audience and perhaps tap into the E-sports scene (coming back to Starcraft fuckery).
Actually they try and catter to MOBA players more than SC2 players in my understanding

>something fixable if you ask me.
How?

>>51776137
No Chaos on sight for now.

Also
>Elder
>Tao
phoneposting I guess?
>>
>>51770440

No Starscream and Evil Duo Maxwell, No Buy!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLLL0drCY8o
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhGK4IFOg
>>
>>51776278
Yeah, but you get what I was posting. Should re-read my posts next time/
>>
>>51776278
Scale could obviously be tweaked with regards to the various factions, squad sizes, avaible cover and destructabilty of cover.

Addition of craters and progressive destrock unction could entirely change up battlefields as it's done in CoH 2 and to a degree borrowing from BF 3/4. It's definitely possible to address the complaints from DoW 2.

There's ton of ways to keep infantry cover abu can't in the late game if you actually try, it's just that sega/thq sometimes forget this step along the way.
>>
>>51771230
It seems like the Autarch is the villain.
>>
File: Blood_Ravens_Squad.jpg (177KB, 599x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Ravens_Squad.jpg
177KB, 599x1000px
>>51771836
I do unironically like Blood Ravens.
I should strip the 6 marines I've painted and repaint them as BR.
Especially considering I got everything Marines-related wither as a gift, second hand or on a sale for cheap.
Buddy closed his gaming store and dumped a ton of those snapfit tacticals on me. If I had more business sense I'd sell off the lot.
>>
>>51772736
That's the problem, VAs are really a minor issue to game developers. That's what a VA strike was about some time ago.
The truth is that voice acting is usually secondary or tertiary to a lot of things in game development (like gameplay or performance) and VAs usually don't have the star power to stay on board for long. But damn, Dobson was so great as Angelos.
>>
>>51770517

My friend and I have been anti-eldar since the first DoW but when we saw that trailer, we were very enthralled with the bone aesthetic in that trailer. It was beautiful. But now that its back to shiny space-elves, and thus we are back to just outright favoring the other factions much more.
>>
>>51771441
>Chaplain Underus Biteus reporting in
>>
File: TLG.jpg (31KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
TLG.jpg
31KB, 500x333px
>>51770440
>tfw the plot is literally Blood Ravens trying to out-steal orks and eldars on the necron world
>>
>>51771230
ngl, Macha looks and sounds a QT now
>>
>>51776086
they're trying to tap into a broader audience because rts is a dead, niche genre. Most people understand that hopping into esports right from the getgo will not be good unless you're a moba.
>>51776278
If relic wanted to cater to moba players, they'd make an even smaller dow 2. elite units are just a cog in the machine, like gimped wc3 heroes.
>>
>>51771230
>Macha
>whore
Only in her dreams and neckbeard smutfics.
>>
I really like what I've seen so far, both graphically and gameplay, and it was a ton of fun to play at Gamescom.

My only complaints are:
>too much micromanagement with everything having 1-3 abilities
>too many particle effects on units that shouldn't have them, still
>absolute ignorance to the concept of gravity

That last one probably bothers me the most. Terminators making giant front-flip leaps and Wraithknights doing running jumps the length of their own height goes beyond even my suspension of disbelief.
>>
File: really makes you think.png (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.png
24KB, 300x300px
>>51781531
>>too much micromanagement with everything having 1-3 abilities

yeah cos increasing the skill cap is a bad thing, you should just be able to a-move and the winning player should be the one that can build more shit and a-move harder

>too many particle effects on units that shouldn't have them, still
>absolute ignorance to the concept of gravity
unironically both very true, the visuals are a fucking mess
>>
>>51781601
I get what they were going for with giving everything a lot to do. But managing a horde of dozens of units at once and trying to get them to use all of their stuff where they should use it while keeping an overview when there is shit like a fucking tornado happening around your warboss is going to be nothing short of a disaster.
>>
>>51770553
Powersliding Wraithknights
>>
>>51781531
>Wraithknights doing running jumps the length of their own height
To be fair, their very entry in the codex say that they "...are still dextrous enough to run through the ruin of a shattered city, leaping from pillar to spar as their arcane weapons bring oblivion to the enemies of the Eldar."
So that's not as silly as the terminators.

Also, Macha really sound and act like Gabriel angry ex in the eldar gameplay video, it hope it remain that way during the game that's quite fun.
>>
>>51776086
Starcraft 1 is grittier than DoW 1.
>>
>>51770474
>>because we all know everyone bitching about it is still gonna buy it eventually
Yeah no, Death Wing was my last 40k game.
>>
so the story is a planet that has the "spear of "khaine" has finally come out from the warp as foretold in a prochecy.biel-tan craftworld immediately assamble an army as the adeptus mechanicus has secured the spear of khaine even building a fucking stronghold on the planet with a fabricator general overseeing "research" on the spear.gabriel angelos forbade the fabricator general from messing with the spear

skitarii soon?
>>
>>51770440
Gorgutz and his voice lines sound so shitty
>>
Hopefully they included only 3 factions so they could keep the game competitively balanced. Dawn of War esports when?
>>
>>51770440

It was never about the graphics for me, at least not specifically. Problems I and many more people had with this still stand:

>absolutely abysmal animations in both movement and combat
I'm notonly talking about jumping termies and moving buildings. Even basic SM movement animation looks awkward - "cartoony" you might say.

>terrain looks similar to what we got in some most popular MOBAs etc.
Not a major complaint, but that's probably what made people say it looks like LOL. Well, this and...

>gameplay problem: particle effects are all over the place.
They're constantly obscuring view, they are distracting and terrible looking. In previous DoWs they were much more tonned down. I can think only of relic weaponry that had particle effect that prominent and that was probably a design choice.

>no kill animations
I mean... come on, it's 999M41
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (792KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
792KB, 873x876px
>>51776290
>Implying I'm not behind the entire plot of the game
>>
>>51782633
F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9r5OKlQIkk
>>
>>51770440
>Bloodravens vs Orks being manipulated by Eldar.
I swear this is the plot for all of their campaigns.

Chaos Rising being the glorious exception.
>>
>>51783679
Holy shit I forgot how good this voice acting was
>>
>>51784009
winter assault is like $2.50 on steam right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGBukNLP9oE
>>
>>51783764
From the looks of it, the eldar are also fighting the eldar. Macha's rebelling against Autarch noname.

that makes it at least slightly more interesting, but my expectations are still pretty low
>>
>>51779435
>If relic wanted to cater to moba players, they'd make an even smaller dow 2. elite units are just a cog in the machine, like gimped wc3 heroes.
As strange as it may sound, I didn't mean it in a bad way. They try and attract MOBA players back to RTS, with some of the things they're used to (art style, elaborated skillshots) and epic shit (with the help of the setting), without changing the game into a MOBA itself.

>>51782567
>the adeptus mechanicus has secured the spear of khaine even building a fucking stronghold on the planet with a fabricator general overseeing "research" on the spear.gabriel angelos forbade the fabricator general from messing with the spear
source?

>>51782741
I'm pretty sure they will HAVE to add some more factions. The backlash if they didn't would probably generate a little brother for Khorne

>>51784066
> Autarch noname
Autarch Kyre if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>51784066
Could this mean GW has actually spoken to relic about the future of 40k?

You know, the whole Aeldari thing we got going on, which is splitting the Eldar into pro/anti Ynnead.
>>
>>51771589
I want it to be Thaddeus.

He was my favourite character, so full of faith in humanity. Not that he'll keep it, dark grimness and all that.
>>
>>51777677

Wow, how did I not realize this by myself.
>>
>>51784328
>>51771589
>>51771514
Could be Mikelus (Chaplain from Dark Crusade)
>>
File: 1295120686838.jpg (104KB, 753x613px) Image search: [Google]
1295120686838.jpg
104KB, 753x613px
>>51771836

What kind of sissy boy imperial guard bitch cunt doesn't like the best space marine chapter? Fucking traitorous dogs.
>>
File: 1320729076020.png (57KB, 1020x546px) Image search: [Google]
1320729076020.png
57KB, 1020x546px
>>51777677

They are the ones that are going to get shit stolen from them, this is the true plot and most important conflict in the game.

Whoever wins, we lose(our relics).
>>
File: 1370433881326.jpg (105KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
1370433881326.jpg
105KB, 600x825px
>>51771589
>>51784328

What we need is Cyrus back, and CAPTAIN DIYOMEEDEES
>>
>>51781531
most units that have abilities have real long cooldowns on them. like 20-30 seconds. theres no starcraft-tier 300 apm micro going on, dont worry.
>>51784276
I feel like its going to be the autarch gets corrupted, or macha realizes that the spear is fucked.
>>
>>51784588

The Autarch is a red herring, everyone thinks he is the villain until Necrons. The Autarch will be all like "i will unite the eldar i am the storm prince!" but then turns out the prophecy will be about Imotekh showing up and everyone having to unite to fight him.

Of course at the end Gorgutz beats him because Orks.
>>
>>51784617
the last mission might be 'you choose who you play as' so whoever you choose will beat him
>>
>>51784664
>>51784617

You know what would be sweet? If Necrons are a 4th faction and not just an end boss, and in the final mission instead of playing as the race you expect you play as the Necrons and have to beat the other 3 factions.
>>
>>51770440
Its shit. The art style is shit. The voice acting is shit. The animation is shit. The game play is shit. The developers are shit.

You are the ultimate fucking consumer pleb. You will spend money and invest time into this piece of shot as you have nothing else in life to devote your time too. Your culture and materialism is crippling your souls, it is offering distractions and flashing lights instead of you confronting the profound and fundamental questions, that of you as a spiritual being.

Sad.
>>
>>51781531
>Wraithknights doing running jumps the length of their own height goes beyond even my suspension of disbelief

>Suspension of disbelief
>40k

Anon, you would have to be a gigantic drooling retard to consider anything in 40k in anywa way even remotely possible or real.
If anything, this is what a Wraithknight canonically is like. They are dexterous and fast, that's why IMperium deploys similarly dexterous Imperial Knights to fight them instead of the useless titans of theirs who are about as dexterous as a cripple and basically useless for anything other than firing off the giga-guns.
>>
>>51784720
enjoy playing with your plastic toys
>>
@51784720
No (You) for you my friend.
The "consumer pleb" and the critic on "spending money and invest time into a piece of shit as we have othing to devote our time into" are particularly hilarious insults on a board devoted to plastic men and games of pretend

>>51784682
This is actually a great idea
>>
File: 1456825125941.png (136KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1456825125941.png
136KB, 500x500px
>>51784737
>similarly dexterous Imperial Knights
>>
>>51784617

I hope Necrons get their theme from Winter Assault back, it was so awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdS1C5Xc8us
>>
>>51784380
But anon, Mikelus was killed in the Necron Stronghold of Dark Crusade.
>>
>>51776290
I played both those videos at once, turned headphones up to max, and just sat back with my eyes closed. And to think I thought ASMR was a hoax.
>>
>>51784983
Ho
I didn't noticed this. I suppose it comes from a DoW II item description?
>>
>>51784983
And Jonah was killed in the final battle of Retribution.
>>
>>51785073
no he wasn't, theres no evidence stating that outside of his body on the floor, which also happened with angelos.
>>
>>51785003
Yes. It is also in a post-mission talk about Kronus.
>>
>>51784737
>IMperium deploys similarly dexterous Imperial Knights
Speaking of this, how agile/powerful are Imperial Knights anyway? I mean, in the DOW3 Trailer the two knights charge through solid rocks like they're nothing and destroy a wraithknight with a single hit from their mighty D weaponry, and in the Freeblade game you can take on a Lord of Skulls, tear Heldrakes a new one and even go one on one with a Bloodthirster.
But are there any canonical (read: preferrably codex entries) of Knights doing shit like this?
>>
>>51785073
Jonah has been revealed to be in the game, he's now their Chief Librarian and one of the Hero units available to play with
>>
>>51785287
I think that's anon's point. He was trying to show that supposedly dead characters can make it back into the game
>>
File: Soulstorm2008-07-0322-24-10-76.jpg (93KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Soulstorm2008-07-0322-24-10-76.jpg
93KB, 1024x768px
>>51770440
I'll stick with DoW Soulstorm, but thanks.
>>
File: 705px-Lancer-trans.jpg (50KB, 705x599px) Image search: [Google]
705px-Lancer-trans.jpg
50KB, 705x599px
>>51785187
Dude, they even have a variant that's basically a giant robot jouster.

You have the Obsidia knight going toe to toe with Riprides and winning which means these fucks are made out fo something mean and reasonably fast because a Riptide is for all intents and purposes canonically a mid-range power mobile suit from MSG.
>>
File: tumblr_o3hxf87kuO1swglsdo2_400.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3hxf87kuO1swglsdo2_400.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>51783679

Take in fact that Gorgutz voice actor was no one less than Vegeta and Zechs Marquise

Brian Drummond is Awesome
>>
File: 1461128192613.png (110KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
1461128192613.png
110KB, 500x505px
>>51770440
>just got out of prison after a year
>see this
>fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>51785187
Freeblade points to them being able to charge fairly quickly and rotate surprisingly fast, but actually dodging incoming attacks isn't on the table.
>>
>>51786260
>just got out of prison after a year
You should stop receiving so many gifts.
>>
>>51786344
>stop receiving so many gifts
but their right there! just out in the open...in your house
>>
>>51786260

I'll bite, what did you do?
>>
>>51786792
that's calcified information
>>
>>51786840

I'll just assume you fucked a kid then
>>
>>51786260
>>51786792
>>51786840
Wow
Well done
>>
>>51786260
kiddie fiddlers go home
>>
>>51786862
>not boned
>>
>>51784497
>not Davian Cool

>>51785415
w-what is this?
>>
>>51787034
they said theres going to be a ven dread elite unit, so I can bet that will be davian
and thats an imperial knight
>>
>>51785345
...sauce?
>>
>>51787174

Ultimate Memelypse mod

if you expect better sister models forget it, Cylarne And Relicnews circlejerkers went with the ugly shit made by eranthius instead of LeoGOOG
>>
>>51777302
I'd like some tips on painting my army to have that bony texture for wraith bone
>>
>>51787194

Relicnews is deeeeead
>>
>>51784983
Mikelus wasn't killed I think. Gravely wounded, but not killed.
That'd be a bice toucb if they brought him back.
>>
>>51787194

>sees the cited mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/eranthis-project

He should had stuck with the Icons, this shit is worse than the old plastic sisters

Atleast leo's models in Bloodline were great, atleast he's releasing them bit by bit.

>>51787239
The circlejerk still lives anon, through is now on discord

FoK was better mod and its now dead, Titanium Was Shunned out of Moddb because of RN ciclejerk and /v/ levels of sperging about the use of FriedFaggot's Witch hunters models

>>51787286
>>51784983
>>51784380

Mikelus is double dead, DoW II confirmed it

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t7jPcHZFlo
>>
>>51787314
>go down to wounds

Not a native speaker, does that means dead or incapacitated?
>>
>>51787371
gone down to wounds normally means succumbing to them, aka dying.
>>
>>51787314
>>51787454

I hope the Chaplain is Thaddeus

Tarkus might be a captain now
>>
>>51787835
I really hope tarkus has the same voice actor, fucking loved his voice.
>>
Gabriel Mobalos
>>
Will we be seeing skitarii in the game
>>
>>51789048
not on release, fuck no. maybe as dlc way later, as part of a mechanicus army, but its highly doubtful, they don't have much in the way of unit variety.
>>
>>51789073
They could be an elite unit for IG in a future DLC, kind of like Grey Knights were for Space Marines in Dark Crusade.
>>
>>51785345
soul storm is the most mediocre garbage.

Doesnt held a candle to the much superior DC.
>>
>>51783679
>That volume of fire being exchanged
>Not a single dude getting hit
>>
>>51770440

FINALLY

A DAWN OF WAR GAME DIRECTED BY MATT WARD
>>
>>51770440
>That silky smooth animation
Please jesus, please make it a reality.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (185KB, 1920x811px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
185KB, 1920x811px
>>51770440
Is this a Necron tomb or something? I don't know what else in 40k would match the aesthetic of this place.
>>
>>51789658
its basically confirmed that its a necron tomb world and that the endgame enemy is necrons.
>>
>Hairgel was pokeballed by Trazyn all along
>DLC scheme is essentially paying Trazyn to share his pokeballed factions with you
>>
>>51789672
That sounds awesome. Hopefully they're a playable faction (if not at launch then as DLC shortly thereafter).
>>
>>51789712
If the devs wanted to be nice it would be an unlockable campaign after you beat the main story then a DLC faction for competitive.
>>
>>51789712
will probably be a dlc race released a bit after launch, kinda like how it was with winter assault (the whole campaign is kinda like winter assault minus chaos)
Theres just too much stacking evidence that they'll be necrons at the end. Necron lord for dow 2 last stand right before dow 3 announcement, the quotes from the cron codex in the trailer, 'fighting a greater enemy,' all the necron styled stuff.
>>
File: header.jpg (33KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33KB, 460x215px
>>51789712
I'd be alright with them giving this game the CoH2 treatment and just releasing new factions as DLC rather than tying them to expansions like in DoW 1/2. That way, we could see more factions more quickly. AdMech in DoW when
>>
>>51789843
would be even better if you could either unlock factions with ingame currency (since there will be that for elite units) or release factions for free and instead let people buy cosmetics for them or release a campaign that people pay to use (or you can play as the faction, but have to pay to customize them)
but that wouldn't be jew enough
>>
>>51789843
I dunno... I kinda like playing the ultimately superficial campaign just so I can listen to the voice clips and mess around with units.
>>
>>51789889
SFV model might actually be great assuming its the grindy risk style campaign that dark crusade/soulstorm had. You can pay real money right now or grind for them via singleplayer/multiplayer.
>>
BR jokes aside, what really irks me in the main trailer or in other videos is how SMs look. I mean they got slim n' shit instead of being these bulky superhuman warriors in power armours. Is this emprah's pageant so they went on a diet?
>>
>>51789889
>would be even better if you could either unlock factions with ingame currency (since there will be that for elite units)
source?
>>
>>51790082
not confirmed entirely, but thats the system they have for coh2, so there would be no reason why they wouldn't bring the same system over for dow 3. Especially since they could put a ton of cosmetics and use that ingame currency (alongside a irl money currency to circumvent that if people want to pay instead of grind) will make them a lot of money.
>>
>>51790078
>not being up to date on the hate train for this sequel a large part of the fanbase didn't ask for

Scroll down this thread and take a look at how many people agree with you or dislike the game and its look for various other reasons.

It isn't a dawn of war game and everybody fucking knows it. They should've have called it Warhammer-craft: Elite unit Wars.
>>
>>51770474
>questionable gameplay changes, game seems to me like that they just mixed the worst parts of I and II
>subpar artstyle
>horrendous animations
>the removal of many unique Relic RTS elements
>dev team are complete cunts
There are valid reasons to think III will be a shit game. And fuck you for "it's only alpa footage", that's not a valid argument. It's as retarded as the dev team claiming the artstyle isn't bad, it just seems like that because all the footage so far (at the time of the "interview") was shown on maps covered in ice so that it contrasts.
>>
>>51790310
I'll give you a (you) just because of how salty that whole comment is.
>a large part of the fanbase didn't ask for
theres actually a larger group of the fanbase that loves dow 1 and normal rts games, the rtt dow 2 fans are much smaller in number.
>everybody fucking knows it
apparently not, considering there are tons of people excited for it because it's a 40k game. Cartoony artstyle=/=starcraft, same with it being large bases, or having hero units (which every dow game has had, this is more like WC3 than anything else)
if they wanted it to be a moba-like, they'd make another dow 2.
>>
>>51790310
>bringing back basebuilding
>going back to the original faction mix (+necrons)
>better plothook than "no, bluhd rahvens, you ARE kayoss"
>going back to the genre roots instead of being a (complete) fucking MOBA
Keep crying more salty tears over how DoW2 is "t-totally a proper RTS game, g-guys!"
>>
>>51790379
Oh and I forgot
>imo the worst, over the top particle effects I have ever seen in an RTS
>meh voice acting
And also the campaign, where you play as all 3 races chronologically fighting amongst themselves, seems like a stupid idea. Though that might have changed or I misunderstood when they explained it.
>>
File: 931664_20061006_screen001.jpg (109KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
931664_20061006_screen001.jpg
109KB, 1024x1024px
>>51787371
Could mean either, really. Though you might argue that if Mikelus had survived, he would have refused to take the credit for Thule's kill.

Mikky was also mentioned in several wargear descriptions, none of which said whether he was alive or dead, and he never showed up in person, but then no Chaplains did. So that one conversation is all we have to go on. The fate of Thule's other accomplice from Kronus*, Epistolary Anteas, is even more unknown, though there's evidence that both he and Mikelus were planned to be NPCs in the first DoW2 campaign at some (very, very early) stage in development.

* aside from Gordian, who was around for DoW2, because the game included Apothecaries
>>
>>51790538
>And also the campaign, where you play as all 3 races chronologically fighting amongst themselves, seems like a stupid idea.
t. someone that never even played fucking winter assault
go back to jerking it to arch warhammers vids, dow2fag
>>
>>51790379
>questionable gameplay changes, game seems to me like that they just mixed the worst parts of I and II
Subjective, it is almost the exact opposite in my eyes (large scale of DoW1, micro-focus for heroes like in DoW2)
>subpar artstyle
Subjective, did look bad to me on the first screenshot, doesn't look so bad now
>horrendous animations
some are, I'll give you that, but the vast majority are just meh
>the removal of many unique Relic RTS elements
Relic always add and remove new features of their games, they're one of the most innovative devs out there. The long period of relative stagnation following CoH is an exception, not the rule
>dev team are complete cunts
2 questions: how do you know, and why does this matter? We don't want to date them, we just want them to make a game
>>
>>51790380
>>51790425
Do you do it for free or do you actually get payed?

Anyhow, Warhammer-craft: Elite unit Wars is not my cup of tea and there are loads of people that are not interested in the direction chosen.
>>
>>51790538
>imo the worst, over the top particle effects I have ever seen in an RTS
They have already tone them down a bit since the Ork reveal video actually, the Slugga boyz don't make unnecessary flashes anymorewhen attacking.
>meh voice acting
True overall (for what we've heard), and that's a shame.

>And also the campaign, where you play as all 3 races chronologically fighting amongst themselves, seems like a stupid idea.
Would you have prefered to play only Marines, like vDoW, DoW2 and DoW2:CR?
>>
>>51770440
looks like shit and if you honestly like this you need to fuck off.
>>
>>51790609
>>51790662
>people like something
>must be shills
go back to /v/, fuckbois
>>
>>51790669
seconded
>>
>>51790566
>mfw I don't even watch Arch
>mfw I prefer DoW I over II
I seriously hope some of you rabidly defending III are actual shills because the delusion can be real.

>>51790586
To me it seems like the first few minutes of I gameplay but cranked up. A few really strong units you have to micromanage, with a giant, lifeless shooty blob that will get stuck on everything while it follows the heroes.
Proportions are weird, the color pallet is retarded and the particle effects are horrendous.
The animations are so over the place it's not even funny. Gabe being an anime character, Marines prancing around like faggots, Ork buildings are busy as fuck for no reason, etc. At best a few of them are meh.
What unique element did they add to III? And they removed sync kills, dynamic squads, the retreat button (personally I did not like it, but still), dumbed down the base building even more,...
Because to me they seem like faggots milking the DoW franchise to make some subpar RTS while making the most retarded excuses ever.

>>51790628
They are still horrible. They even seem complete overkill in this trailer and there is actually little action (as in 2 massive blobs shooting at each other) happening in it.
I would prefer a fully fledged campaign for each race. If they have to be all cannon, then at least do it like C&C Generals where they follow each other. Constantly switching between 3 enemies seems stupid to me.
>>
>>51770440
>Shit color design.
Palette blends into itself, no vibrant contrasts, no powerful complements.
>Shit silhouette design.
Units all merge into non-distinct blobs, obviously no thought was given to make them differentiated on a glance.
>Shit animations.
Units just stumble forward like drunken idiots, firing animations are uninspired, melee is not dynamic.
>Shit particle effects.
They obscure too much while still looking like ass. The whirling-claw smoke cloud looks like something a grad student made.
>Shit terrain design.
Ground looks flat, textures are boring shit while clashing with the unit design.
>Shit UI design.
Done by people who apparently don't play RTS themselves. Icons have non-distinct icons, color design is just not used at all, indicators are spaced out for no reason.

Terrain-system simplified as fuck because they can't figure out a way to balance melee
DOTA Hereos for the kids
Giant Robots for the Reddit Spergs
Obvious disregard for the lore (Lascannons, Flips in Terminator armour).

Anyone who praises this piece of crap must be a shill or a child.
>>
>>51790669
thirded

>>51790761
> with a giant, lifeless shooty blob that will get stuck on everything while it follows the heroes
Pathfinding apparently is already much better than DoW1 (while still not perfect, there are two(2) weird elements spotted over the course of tens of videos) .As for the lifeless blob, the number of powerful AoE skills, abilities and units are probably going to make this strategy useless
>Proportions are weird
I can agree for the Marines I guess. Eldar and Orks are okay.
>the color pallet is retarded
subjective
>the particle effects are horrendous
True, but as I said, they heard the critics and are already changing this
>What unique element did they add to III?
Scrap mechanic, a true drop-pod system, true line of sight
>I would prefer a fully fledged campaign for each race
3 times the work and the budget (unless you consider a 5-8 missions campaign a fully fledged campaign). I also feel like the switch-side campaign blend well with the story - they're racing for this weapon, so everything happen almost simultaneously

>>51790795
>Palette blends into itself, no vibrant contrasts, no powerful complements
Wow, I think that's the first time I see valid criticism along the usual "cartoon graphics". I'm impressed.

I agree about most of your criticism here, although
>DOTA Hereos for the kids
Come on, they're taking back one of the only interesting features of the MOBAs here, the well-thought skills which actually require skill to use
>Giant Robots for the Reddit Spergs
Well... Yes? That goes with the scale. Have you played 40k recently? Because you don't see a Tau without its Riptides anymore. This is coherent with GW's marketing strategy.
>Obvious disregard for the lore (Lascannons, Flips in Terminator armour).
Though I agree that these two examples are a shame, they are the only examples. Plus, it's not like the previous DoW respected the lore perfectly. Gameplay > Lore, it has always been the case and it will always be.
>>
>base building
Nothing lost and nothing gained by having it.
>>
>>51791098
>the well-thought skills which actually require skill to use
Except they're basic as fuck. and don't interact with your fucking army.

>Well... Yes? That goes with the scale. Have you played 40k recently? Because you don't see a Tau without its Riptides anymore. This is coherent with GW's marketing strategy.
>GW is doing it that means it's good

>Gameplay > Lore, it has always been the case and it will always be
Except these changes don't even fucking add anything to gameplay! I don't complain about Rhinos not having fucking stormbolters, these are changes which add literally NOTHING. it's just a lack of regard and that is not excusable.

Also respond to the rest of my points, will you?
>>
>>51771794
Soulstorm was better long term since it didn't have meme missions that get old after dozens of play throughs.
>>
>>51790669
Jokes on (you) I rarely ever visit /v/.
As this anon right here pointed out >>51790761 I sincerely hope you are shills. I get that this game, as presented right now, might appeal to some people but it is in no way a continuation or improvement of previous Dawn of War installments. Some mechanics, like choosing your specific unique elite unit in slot, are very cool; aside from that the game looks like a mess like mentioned in earlier posts.
>>
>>51791191
>Except they're basic as fuck and don't interact with your fucking army.
Someone has not seen the Librarian, Weirdboy and Big Mek skills. And we still don't get the full roster of units.

>GW is doing it that means it's good
No, but they may do it because they don't have a choice. AND if they didn't new 40kiddos would probably cry.

>Except these changes don't even fucking add anything to gameplay! I don't complain about Rhinos not having fucking stormbolters, these are changes which add literally NOTHING. it's just a lack of regard and that is not excusable.
For those 2 particular examples, I feel the same as you, yeah

>Also respond to the rest of my points, will you?
Read my post again. I already said I agreed about most of your criticism, what would you want me to add?

>>51791196
Soulstorm arguably only have missions that get old after ONE playthrough. I think SS is good for multi, but DC still got a better campaign (though maybe not well balanced).

>>51791200
>I sincerely hope you are shills
I'm not, I'm just a lonely autist who was waiting for the game and get sick of lurking when he red "LOL looks like SC2 what is this MOBA shit" for the hundredth time on the Youtube comment section
>>
>>51791331
wow it's like they copied the warcraft franchise and put it in the sc2 engine with wow's cartoony graphics
>>
>>51787034
>w-what is this?

An Imperial Knight, different type.
Much taller, equipped with a lance and a power shield for jousting the fuck out of the plebian giant robots.
>>
>>51791331
>I'm not, I'm just a lonely autist who was waiting for the game and get sick of lurking when he red "LOL looks like SC2 what is this MOBA shit" for the hundredth time on the Youtube comment section

And thats where it becomes obvious youre a shill. 4chan-autists dont give a fuck about youtube comments, especially not on /tg/
>>
>>51791098
Well let's be fair, pathfinding in I was absolutely horrible in late game skirmishes and it was present enough in II to be annoying. Not that hard to improve on it.
I still think the particle effects should br at least halved in strenght, plus every swing of an axe should not cause random explosions.
Generals did it pretty alright with their campaigns imo and each factions storyline didn't feel shorter or less impactfull than other C&C games where each faction had a fully fledged campaign where only one was cannon.
Guess we just have to disagree on the other points.

And about your response to the lore. I agree that gameplay or rule of cool should supersede the lore. But they still fucked it up.
Personally I think that Gabe acting like a weebs fantasy of 40k is complete retardation and it's obviously lore breaking. But they could just handwave it with augmentations and the armor being ultra the best ever. Knights somehow surviving being thrown out aircraft is lore bending, but it looks cool I guess. But the lascanon thing is complete bullshit. It is completely against everything in the lore. But lets say the devs absolutely had to have such a weapon (damage increasing overtime) in the game. Why not make it some kind of flamethrower or minigun? It being a lascanon is stupid.
>>
>>51791413

It still blows my mind that there are actually people who have conversations in YouTube comments. Why the fuck would anyone read that shit?
>>
>>51791331
I'm glad we're both lonely autists, im just sad this is what sega decided to go with. I really had high hopes for a more fleshed out DoW 2 follow up.
>>
>>51791479
Google keeps track of them for you so it's not that hard.
>>
>>51771230
I want to break her spine desu.
>>
Will metal boxes guy be in this one?
>>
>>51791413
>4chan-autists dont give a fuck about youtube comments, especially not on /tg/
Sorry I don't browse one circlejerk like you seem to do
Plus I'm pretty sure I've seen multiple threads about Archwarhammer (mostly to shit on him - GOOD), Emperor's Text-to-Speach, etc.

>>51791438
>plus every swing of an axe should not cause random explosions
as I said earlier, this is already the case for Sluggaboyz, which gives me hope for the rest (although I doubt they'll change everything, depending on release date)

>But lets say the devs absolutely had to have such a weapon (damage increasing overtime) in the game. Why not make it some kind of flamethrower or minigun? It being a lascanon is stupid.
What bother me the most with this is that they already gave a samey shot to Shadow Specters. I believe this kind of shot works much better with them than with the Devastators.

>>51791479
I don't actually discuss in it I just lurk, like most of the time on the internet, but I like to read them to get an idea of what people like/dislike in videos. Thing is: nobody was EVER discussing actual content of the video, just spouting MOBA/graphix memes
>>
>>51770555
I'm expwcting Chaos to appear mid-campaign again.
>>
>>51791200
nah, this game is basically dow 1 2.0
dow 2 was literally just a coh reskin with less content, while dow 1 was an actual rts, and this game is as well.
>>51791331
>>51791718
im literally the same way. I always read through dow threads whenever a new video pops up, on /v/ and here, as well as post a lot on the 'official' forums, even though a lot of it is just people spouting the same few generic things
im pretty critical and don't like a lot of things about it, but people who think that 'you cant like this game or else you're a shill' is just eye rolling and really shows how out of touch some people are.
>>51791733
nah, its necrons.
>>
>>51791653
He's too busy being successful unlike Eliphas.
>>
File: 300px-Trazyn.jpg (19KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Trazyn.jpg
19KB, 300x424px
>>51774204
I feel like as soon as any of those factions get even near the spear the Necrons will wake up, take the spear, and it'll then become a fight merely to survive.
>>
File: Vance_Stubbs.jpg (49KB, 552x563px) Image search: [Google]
Vance_Stubbs.jpg
49KB, 552x563px
When?!
>>
>>51770474
>all the hate

Why, it looks fantastic so far.

What are people POSSIBLY complaining about?
>>
>>51792587
what about reading the thread desu?
>>
>>51770440
Still no release date?
>>
>>51770553
Can... can wraithknights not jump? Because it seems like it'd fit in with their whole "impossible grace" thing.
>>
>>51793175
Nope, but the comics tie-in are supposed to be released in April so some people theorize the game should be out around that period
>>
>>51771320
>implying it was Aun'Va
>implying it wasn't ELPHIAS the inheritor
>>
How long do you think it will take for someone to mod the game to add Boreale?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGiNE-FmrLM
>>
>>51793256
Unlike Angelos acrobacies, THAT is canon.
>>
>>51793632
modding is something that I'd hope the game has, but am doubting that it will be any better than dow 2.
>>
File: IMG_9317.jpg (53KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9317.jpg
53KB, 900x900px
What's he up to these days?
>>
I don't understand the people who want so many of these DoW1 characters back. Almost none of them had any sort of character to them, they just shouted a lot.

Although knowning the majority of the 40k fanbase, I guess I just answered my own question.
>>
File: 1397784272227.png (64KB, 265x222px) Image search: [Google]
1397784272227.png
64KB, 265x222px
>>51770440
>>51783541
>I'm notonly talking about jumping termies and moving buildings. Even basic SM movement animation looks awkward - "cartoony" you might say.
Now I have a new thing to be pissed off about that's beyond Jumping Terminators
>Jumping Wraithknights
also I found out that Wraithknights are based on Twins, one as one of the many soul stones, so does that mean that Taldeer had an equally sexy twin. I want lewds
>>
>>51796041
theres no reason why wraithknights wouldn't be able to jump canonically, plus they look cool as fuck doing it, only angelos.
and Ronahn is Taldeers brother.
>>
>>51796115
>Ronahn is Taldeers brother.
oh dang I forgot about that. It's been a While since I've played the Retribution campaign.
>>
>>51789560
Ork Shootas and World Eaters aren't known for their accuracy.
>>
>>51795994
Memes and nostalgia goggles
>>
>>51791438
Perhaps the damage-increasing weapon could be a grav-cannon instead?
>>
>>51796115

>theres no reason why wraithknights wouldn't be able to jump canonically

Wratihbone is tough shit, but its not so tough that they can just go Super Mario on entire armies.
>>
>>51799565
and yet eldar, and eldar vehicles, are the most agile and dexterous of any race
>>
>>51799657

At the cost of flying paper pinatas.
>>
>>51799543
I would like this. It makes a lot more sense to me

>>51799704
>Wraithlord
>flying paper piñata
I don't think so
>>
File: Eldar_War_Walker_Squad.jpg (58KB, 560x292px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar_War_Walker_Squad.jpg
58KB, 560x292px
>>51799704
>At the cost of flying paper pinatas.

I see you are a vidya babby and as such, you should really stop this nonsense lest you want to get burned really badly.
>>
>>51796041
M8 you are aware that wraith knights can jump in TT, right? They are jump gargantuan creatures.
>>
>>51770440
First the men of war mod and now this. This year looks promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_HSn_B5aJs
>>
>>51791438

>Personally I think that Gabe acting like a weebs fantasy of 40k is complete retardation and it's obviously lore breaking

All they had to do is that instead of jumping he just teleports.
>>
>>51801100
looks quite shitty desu

>>51801110
this
>>
>>51801100
>RTS units switching between multiple weapons
N-nani?
>>
>>51799704
No that's the Dark Eldar, whose own codex makes it as clear as possible that you want to be spamming transports rather than building deathstars
>>
>>51801100
Holy fuck that crawling animation looks so fucking ridiculous and out of place.
>>
>>51801110
they probably have some stupidass moba designer who thinks that everything needs '''''clarity''''' so you have to broadcast literally everything that happens, or people will complain
well no, probably the reason why is because they're too lazy to reanimate. or elites have skill trees/wargear and one of them turns his leap into a teleport, which is also a possibility
>>
>>51799565
Some Eldar superheavies have jetpacks specifically for ping ponging around the battlefield, the Revenant Titan has an agile movement speed and jump jets
>>
>>51784465
If they bring Trazyn in mid game to steal the spear, I'll completely accept the existence of newcrons
>>
>>51802316
I want to hear Trazyn's voice!
>>
File: 1463125533807.png (718KB, 838x911px) Image search: [Google]
1463125533807.png
718KB, 838x911px
>>51802353

>yfw Trazyn is voiced by the same guy that voiced sindri
>>
>>51787220
a ton of layering works out really well, its been ages since ive painted, but check our some of the techniques used on tomb kings and other such armies
>>
>>51789563
Don't be silly, those aren't Ultramarines.
>>
>>51781531
> and Wraithknights doing running jumps the length of their own height goes beyond even my suspension of disbelief.
But they can do that in the fucking TT too.
They are jump units.
>>
>>51801100
That is the best rendition of a WH 40,000 battle I have ever seen. The combat range seems realistic, and the fighting style resembles what is seen in modern warfare.
>>
>>51801133
Just mute the atrocious music choices and the fanfic-tier narration, play some DoW soundtracks over the top instead or smth
>>
>>51801017
I did not know that
>>
>>51789502
Couldn't agree more my dear chap, i think i went trough the campaing like 5 times and couldnt even finish a single run of ss space SHITstorm
>>
>>51784737
> useless titans of theirs who are about as dexterous as a cripple and basically useless for anything other than firing off the giga-guns.
A Titan would mop the ground with a wraithknight, tho.
Agility is useless if your enemy can glass the general area you're in.
A single Wraithknight can not even get through a titans shields. A group can maybe equal a Warhound if they are willing to take losses.

>They are dexterous and fast, that's why Imperium deploys similarly dexterous Imperial Knights to fight them
Knights can be bought in regular shops, titans only via forgeworld. Go figure.
>>
>>51795652
Being Vect's sex toy.
>>
It seems like the latest trailer has had a much more positive response. It's still up for debate whether they should ever have made those long playthroughs with iNcontrol. Totally debatable.

They were originally supposed to be showing MP footage this weekend just gone, but cancelled it due to not being up to scratch. Getting through the marketing hoohah you can see they're scared of the consistent and large backlash from series fans. They aren't catering for the dow1 crowd, or the dow2 crowd. They are heading more in the direction of dow1 and this is OK but the dow2 MOBA idiots will always bleat that they're not being catered for.

It really all depends on which game has more longevity. Guarantee you DOW2 never had the lifespan of DOW1 (bearing in mind dow1 is by now mostly played with mods in singleplayer, most people don't have their dow1 linked to steam so it's even harder to know which game is more popular, while dow2 was forced to be used via steam so its the only one of the two games with a lifetime record of use per person per game per session)
>>
>>51813095
>the dow2 MOBA idiots
The fuck does that even mean? I prefer DoW2 to DoW1 by a country mile, and I fucking detest MOBAs.
>>
>>51813095

>They are heading more in the direction of dow1 and this is OK

No it isn't, they should've headed in the direction of CoH instead. But the reason there's a backlash isn't because the game is like DoW1, its because every video with the exception(kinda) of this last one made the game look like hot garbage. Also

>dow2 MOBA

Are you on crack?
>>
>>51813095
Just so you know anon, DoWII is based on CoH gameplay and it is not MOBA at all.

I'm joining these guys, you are smoking some strong shit.
>>51813495
>>51813502
>>
>>51813495
>>51813502
>>51814773
You know it's generally accepted that when the design documents for a fucking game are revealed to show a game being x, y or z that maybe they should be taken as the gospel truth. DOW2 was designed as a MOBA, got changed during development to the game we know today.

In other words, you're wrong, I'm right, this is not up for debate.
>>
>>51814821
>I was going to grow oranges, but I changed my mind and grew lemons instead
>Fuck you. You'd already dug the pits to plant the trees in. Those are oranges.
>In other words, you're wrong, I'm right, this is not up for debate.
>>
>>51814821

You are a fucking idiot.
>>
All I want from DoW3 is moddability. The sooner we get stuff like Ultimate Apocalypse in there the better.
>>
>>51814879

DoW 2 didn't have official mod support and sega are fucking DLC jews, you wont be getting dick.
>>
>>51814821
>DOW2 was initially designed as a MOBA
>Got changed during development to the game we know today
>In other words that finished game is not a MOBA, I've just told it myself
>In other words, you're wrong, I'm right, this is not up for debate

Jee, are you intentionally making yourself look like an ass?
>>
>>51814821
So... It It started as a MOBA but was turned into a flight simulator halfway through development, it would still be a MOBA because you're right and I'm wrong?
>>
DOW2 is close enough to a MOBA, lane based maps, hero based combat. Rock paper scissors units and the clear intention to include some resemblence of towers in the maps but these were changed to control points.

Since dow2 failed to make a compelling moba they changed it to a weak RTS.
>>
>>51815037

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that in MOBAs you only control 1 hero, all your units are AI controlled and they mindlessly rush to the enemy "base", and your job is to destroy towers and enemy heroes in the way.

How is that in any way shape or form similar to DoW2? And i don't know what you mean by lane based maps, but i'm almost 100% sure that the words "lane based" don't apply to any of the 1v1 maps anymore than they apply to any other RTS in the market. And if being "hero based" makes it a MOBA, then by that logic DoW1 was also a MOBA and it also had control points.

>Rock paper scissors units

Pretty much every RTS does this too.
>>
File: 1484683222842.jpg (150KB, 550x761px) Image search: [Google]
1484683222842.jpg
150KB, 550x761px
Im still mad theres only going to be three factions at launch. Im just hoping we get more factions in the future.

Also
>Jumping in the air and doing flips in terminator armor

This triggers my autism
>>
>>51815037
>>51814821
Why the fuck are studios so fucking obsessed with MOBAs?
>>
>>51815037

All those things apply to all 3 of the DoW tittles.
>>
File: 1461958567166.png (224KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
1461958567166.png
224KB, 476x476px
>>51815103
dow 2 is basically a lite moba rts. It's missing a few of the factors of being a real moba rts. But no, moba rts games do in fact exist, and they're based around controlling one hero, and then either a bunch of pathetic mooks that do nothing, or a small amount of units that barely do anything. Practically every dow 2 map is symmetrical with 3 'lanes'. And no, it doesn't apply to dow 1, just like it doesn't apply to dow 3, because in dow 1 heroes are more expendable, don't level up, and you don't start with them in every game. Dow 2 heroes are the backbone of your army. Not to mention the complete lack of basebuilding really drives home the point of doing nothing but playing with your hero and a couple of units. (which you also buy wargear for)

Now, dow 2 precedes the moba craze, so this is why it's not really actually a moba. But it's pretty close, and much closer to it than dow 3, which is why it's hilarious when people make that comparison.
>>
>>51815148
It sells because its easy as fuck to get into and autists of all ability levels can play it.

Meanwhile, RTS are pretty much single player campaign only if you are a beta.
>>
>>51815103
>>51815172
the rest of that dudes points are bullshit, though. rock paper scissors has always been the backbone of rts, especially dow, and the control points are nothing like towers. However, there are many 'similarities' though I know it isn't what relic was going for, since league and dow 2 launched the same year, and it would be a while before league got popular. (and dota wasn't popular enough to make a game copying it)
>>51815170
No, they really don't. Dow 1 heroes come in rarely, are commonly cheap, and are basically army supports, while Dow 2 heroes are the backbone of your troops from start to finish, especially with some like the warboss. Dow 3 elites are close, but also don't have leveling, or lane based maps.
>>
>>51815172
someone post DoW1's Kasyr Lutien please
>>
>>51815172

>and then either a bunch of pathetic mooks that do nothing, or a small amount of units that barely do anything

In that case then DoW 2 doesn't fit the bill at all, a lot of units were incredibly useful, even T1 units like scouts for space marines, or supression units which i believe every race had at T1, and while heroes were very strong it's not like they could bulldoze their way through your army on their own, even heroes like the chaos lord who were ridiculously powerful would get shredded if they were alone.

So yes, they are the backbone of your army, but if DoW2 was a moba the entire game would be about your hero, and it wasn't, there were exceptions of course.

And no unit was expendable, which is why the retreat mechanic was a thing, because your individual units were too important to lose, and they could also level up. Even Ork, IG and Tyranid players would want to keep their grunts alive, especially since some of them would become more useful in later tiers when they could upgrade their wargear(which is something that DoW1 also had btw) or get sergeants.

And at higher tiers the units that were the least expendable where your expensive tanks and super units, which were the ones that lacked a retreat button and you had to manually retreat.

Control points are nothing like towers and by your vague logic every RTS game in existence has "lane based maps", it means nothing.

>so this is why it's not really actually a moba. But it's pretty close, and much closer to it than dow 3

We know nothing about DoW 3's multiplayer, and if we go by singleplayer only then DoW 2 isn't an RTS or a MOBA but something else entirely.

None of the DoW games are anything like a MOBA, they share similarities because MOBAs were born from the RTS genre.
>>
>>51813095
>It's still up for debate whether they should ever have made those long playthroughs with iNcontrol. Totally debatable
They had more than one?
>Getting through the marketing hoohah you can see they're scared of the consistent and large backlash from series fans. They aren't catering for the dow1 crowd, or the dow2 crowd.
Yes, I think they tried to take elements of both games to get sympathy of both sides, and it went the total opposite of what they were aiming for
>the dow2 MOBA idiots will always bleat that they're not being catered for
Although I agree with the general sentiment, I'd like to add that the more hardcore DoW1 fans would probably feel the same about the elite system as well (for example), and that the 'MOBA' part makes you a clueless moron and (probably) a parrot, as already said later in this thread by other anons

>>51815117
> Im just hoping we get more factions in the future
this is a given. Just how many we'll have depend of the success of the game however
>>
>>51815332
>In that case then DoW 2 doesn't fit the bill at all, a lot of units were incredibly useful

This, fucking this!
Even most basic units were important to keep alive, basic space marine squad actually felt tanky and extremely reliant. Heroes were important, but they never were the absolute core that your entire army revolved around.
>>
https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/8946/pc-gamer-weekender/p2
>>
>>51815414
Exactly.
People that claim that DOW 2 had crappy expendable units are full of shit.

One of the most powerful and most useful units in the entire Eldar arsenal is the fucking Guardian. Grenade nuking and being able to put up shields made Guardians useful even in late game.
>>
>>51815687

Fucking Eldar, i can't wait to see what unbelievable bullshit they have in 3.
>>
>>51815744
I still remember dreadful warp spider spam and stasis field on warp exarch into global nuke. Cheesetastic stuff haha
>>
>tfw been thinking up an awesome multiplayer system that isn't going to happen because relic is boring as fuck and they're just going to do generic shit
I would love a system where you could modify your elite units and even standard units outside of the field. (or inside in the case of standard units) giving things like predator tanks extra armor at the cost of speed, sergeants to squads for more requisition costs, etc. But most importantly for elite units. Imagine having your terminator elites, but being able to outfit them in a few different weapon types (lightning claws or thunder hammers/storm shields, each giving them different abilities and strengths/weaknesses) alongside being able to put them in different types of terminator armor. Same with heroes like gabriel angelos, having him start out in standard artificer armor and pimping him out in different types of termi armor for different situations, giving him a teleporter instead of a jump for extra cost, etc.
>>
>>51815884

Space marines don't even get sergeants so i doubt we'll see any of that, that said, why would you have it outside of the field when in DoW 2 and DoW 1 it was inside the field?
>>
>>51815912
>Space marines don't even get sergeants so i doubt we'll see any of that
you don't know that, might just be a multiplayer thing, or they haven't shown it off yet. and I dunno, was just thinking, though it would work better if it was elite only and you could upgrade standard units in the game.
>>
>>51814879
Let's just hope they don't pull a second CoH2 on us. That game was also supposed to be fully moddable with tools to implement new models etc. They even had that in the Beta but then disabled it... Just be cautious with relics word regarding moddability...
>>
>>51816761

I wouldn't expect anything, the only game they properly supported with modding was DoW 1.
>>
>>51816863
>>51816761
they said they 'love modding' but thats obviously just some shit buzzword, and going off the leaks that it has denuvo, I can def expect no modding tools, at least not until after a few years of the game being out.
>>
>>51815687
>Implying the original DoW 1 nostalgics ever had a point about the moba-shit.

DoW 1 is an archaic game, even by the standard when DoW 2 was released. The moba-point is beyond ridiculous as criticism, if anything the smaller scale and "lanes" (also found in other strategy games) fit the bill for a real-time-tactical game instead of an RTS; the only point I'm willing to concede on the bullshit moba-arguments.

>>51816761
>>51816878
Highly unlikely, I'm also just full on expecting them to actually keep a very close eye on balance because of wanting to enter the E-sports arena, no modding but perhaps a CTE from the get go.
>>
>>51770440
Anyone else see the guardsmen?
>>
>>51817234
yes, considering they show up in like 4 shots. which means they're basically going to be fodder shitters like in dow 2's campaign. It would be cool if they show up in force, as a preview of IG and necrons being dlc armies quick, but I doubt it, they're probably just gonna be mooks.
>>
>>51816878
>going off the leaks that it has denuvo
source?

>>51817234
actually, someone on the official forum claim to have seen regular guardsmen AND kasrkin too
I agree with >>51817260 though, they won't be playable - or will be only in the campaign (like in vDoW1 and vDoW2)
>>
>>51817404
leak from the denuvo site that shows that relic entertainment emailed them a few times querying about putting it in a future title. They might not do it, who knows, but total warhammer has denuvo I think as well.
>>
>>51770440
It almost gave me epilepsy, fucking lights everywhere for whatever reason
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xobdbDfIB3s
Look at 24 seconds and ~31 seconds.

Are those Shadow Spectres? Holy shit!
>>
>>51814879
So it will be 10 years from now I guess

> and very difficult to happen
>>
>>51817821
yes, they're the eldars anti-tank. fire dragons don't seem to be in, and if they are, they'll probably be an elite unit.
>>
>>51770474
They have no incentive to make a good game precisely because the fans will buy it regardless of how bad it is. Remember, No Man Sky was a massive commercial success, not because it was actually any good but because people just bought it without paying attention to whether it was actually any good. If people will buy it no matter what, there's nothing stopping them from completely phoning it in.
>>
>>51771230
I want to love Macha tenderly while she calls me a filthy Mon'Keigh
>>
So is Thule canonically dead? Did Eliphas become a Daemon Prince?
>>
>>51815271
just one example among the Dow1 maps and regarded as the most boring map
>>
>>51817977
no, and no idea. no one really knows who won retribution I dont think, but its either space marines or eldar.
>>
>>51817836
>>51817821
Shadow Spectres being fucking "line units" while shit like Striking Scorpions are "elites" is the most retarded shit ever.

Fucking Shadow Spectres are rare as shit aspect, while Scorpions are found in every bumfuck craftworld.
>>
>>51795994

Not even remotely true.
>>
>>51817404
>kasrkin

I think those might have just been cadians wearing the hazardous enviroment masks
>>
>>51818325
Should be easy to give some examples to the contrary, then.
>>
>>51818268
>I got units that weren't in any other 40k game before but not in the way I'd like them to be, so I'll bitch about it

>>51818403
I had never seen those masks before but it makes sense too. Thanks anon
>>
>>51819087
I might have been the one that made that post, but it was talking about the blue imperial guard, and how they might be scions, since theres also white imperial guard troops and they commonly don't have multiple regiments shown at the same time in dow games.
>>
>>51770555
The way they milked the shit out of CoH2, I'd expect the same model. Expensive commanders and skins, standalone """expansions""", etc.
>>
>>51770440
hating and liking something is what being a 40k fan is all about

really I don't see the big deal, probably because I didn't like DoW II and am glad that they brought back large scale warfare
>>
>>51819153
thankfully, late in coh 2's life cycle, they got ingame currency stuff where you could buy commanders and shit with that, so I'd expect the same model here
>>
I just hope there's an actual necron campaign this time around, was my only complaint about dawn of war 2.
>>
>>51819717
Well, I have good news and bad news for you.
Necrons have been hinted a lot... But they will probably not be playable in the vanilla version of the game. Still, they will probably be one of the first expansions or DLCs.
>>
>>51819087
>>I got units that weren't in any other 40k game before but not in the way I'd like them to be, so I'll bitch about it

I'll bitch about anything I deem worth bitching about.
Especially retarded shit like Shadow Spectres being standard fare anti tank units of the Eldar, instead of fire dragons.
>>
File: 234456928.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
234456928.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>51801100

I wonder why no one jumped on the fact that Men of War 'sandbox' and modifiability design is making the game popular. To be honest Men of War is one of the most shitty and more pretentious RTS's i played in my life but the whole 'jump in, pick up time period and just mess around in GEMEditior' made it shine through ages. Shit people still buy what really is just a patch for the vaulue of whole new game.

pic not related
>>
>>51818779

Gabriel Angelos. lol did you even play DoW1 you stupid idiot? You're almost certainly some smug secondary jew whose only exposure to 40k is DoW and these boards as well, since you felt so self-righteous enough to take a swing at the 40k community while you were at it.
>>
File: 1301612411806.png (29KB, 239x237px) Image search: [Google]
1301612411806.png
29KB, 239x237px
>>51819990
>You're almost certainly some smug secondary jew
>>
>>51777677
Dawn Of War: The Giftening.
>>
>>51820977
>>51777677
>>51784465
>>51802316

Will Trazyn steal Macha's virginity?
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.