[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>magic is a substance/energy instead of being a craft I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: anton-lavey.jpg (12KB, 155x224px) Image search: [Google]
anton-lavey.jpg
12KB, 155x224px
>magic is a substance/energy instead of being a craft
I know you're gonna try to legitimize this because I'm OP so you're supposed to disagree with me, but you know it's still bullshit.

There's plenty of names for the generic bizarro-electricity some people insist upon calling "magic"
names such as
-mana
-vril
-odic force
-tejas
-ki
-the magnetic fluid
and anything you can make up
sure it sounds kinda tryhard but at least it's not outright fucking wrong, and it's the kind of technical term a wizard would use, whereas a non-wizard wouldn't even have a reason to refer to it.
>>
>>51769096

The craft is spellcraft.

Magic is the force, the energy.

It's not hard, OP. I can tell you half-realize you're on shaky ground because otherwise you wouldn't have posted that pathetic prememptive damage control.
>>
>>51769096
Depends on the setting
>>
File: 1481143207288.jpg (447KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481143207288.jpg
447KB, 1600x960px
>>51769226
This.

The way I run it in my setting is:
Mana = the energy required to fuel a spell. Without mana, nothing happens.

Spellcraft = the art of creating and casting spells, as a wizard would.

Channeling = the art of letting divine power through your soul into the world, without dying from the strain, as a priest would.

Augury = the art of reading the shifting conditions of Nature(tm), drawing on ley lines and similar to control the elements, as a druid/witch/shaman would.

Magic = peasant word used for all of the above.
>>
>>51769172
>magic is the force
it's not
that's a misuse of the word. You're just spelling out the mistake I'm addressing.

>>51769226
>>51769284
It depends on the setting insofar as some settings may define "apple juice" as "the art of harvesting fruits".
>>
>>51769416

Magic is the force. :)
>>
>I know you're gonna try to legitimize this because I'm OP so you're supposed to disagree with me, but you know it's still bullshit.
My opinion>your opinion
>>
>>51769483
using words correctly > ur opinion
>>
>>51769496
Then stop misusing them.
>>
>>51769096
Heavens forfend that some people might have different ideas as to how they define a fictional thing in their own fiction.
>>
>>51769416
Here's your (you).
>>
File: 1399861963247.jpg (1MB, 900x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1399861963247.jpg
1MB, 900x1185px
>>51769096
>Magic, Webster
a : the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces
b : magic rites or incantations
a : an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source <Both pitchers, although they are older, haven't lost their magic.>
b : something that seems to cast a spell : enchantment <all the mystery, magic and romance which belong to royalty alone — J. E. P. Grigg>
: the art of producing illusions by sleight of hand <entertained with acts of jugglery and magic>

>Magic, Oxford
The power of apparently influencing events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

1.1 Mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and reappear, performed as entertainment.

1.2 A quality of being beautiful and delightful in a way that seems remote from daily life.

1.3informal Exceptional skill or talent.
The term is vague as fuck and can be applied to many things. There is no reason it has to mean mystical gasoline.
>>
>>51769096
>no Orgone

Why even post
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.