[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain me how he was reborn beyond lolmagic and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: gandalf.jpg (91KB, 998x1013px)
gandalf.jpg
91KB, 998x1013px
Can someone explain me how he was reborn beyond lolmagic and christian references? I'm sure it's better explained in the books. Also why did he become The White? Isn't Saruman the White one? I heard something about Saruman becoming multicolor. Is Gandalf now Saruman and Saruman a different thing? I love LOTR but I never understood this part.
>>
>>51761500
>Gandalf is an angel in human form
>Dies
>Spirit goes to where spirits go
>God brings he back
Saruman is Saruman, Gandalf is Gandalf
>>
>>51761500
Have you tried reading the books?
>>
>>51761534
Why does he come back with Saurman's title?

>>51761550
Yes but I was 9. It did wonders to my reading skills and I became and avid reader, but I wasn't really prepared to understand the heaviest and deepest parts.

I should give it a try again, but I have so much else to read...
>>
>>51761605
Gandalf died and went to wherever it is the valar and maiar hang out because he's a maiar himself, ie a spirit. Back home, the big boss told him that Saruman had been demoted as head of the istari for being a punk ass bitch and that Gandalf was now the boss. That's why he says he's Saruman as he should have been. Gandalf is still Gandalf; he's just the boss-wizard now.
>>
>>51761605
Saruman was basically kicked out of the order.
That was why Gandalf was able to break his staff.
>>
Gandalf just made sure to do some laundry while he was chilling at home waiting to be sent back. That is why he went from grey to white.
>>
>>51761605

See, if you had read the books, you'd know the answer to this.

http://ae-lib.org.ua/texts-c/tolkien__the_lord_of_the_rings_2__en.htm

>'Yes, I am white now,' said Gandalf. 'Indeed I am Saruman, one might almost say, Saruman as he should have been.
>>
>>51761500
>>>/lit/
>>
>>51761500
here you go OP, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1LktMQCJnM check out this guys videos to learn EVERYTHING about the lord of the rings world and lore, i am enjoying it right now.
>>
Why would the maiar like Gandalf and co even give a shit what happens on Middle Earth? They are angels and shit, why would they drag themselves down to our level?
>>
>>51763237

They made Middle Earth...
>>
>>51761500
Simple breakdown
>Saruman became multicolored due to his hubris and pride in his strength, actually making himself weaker as he has lost his purity and his self
>Gandalf, upon dying after killing the balrog, essentially is remade becoming more pure and stronger, what saruman was before he lost his purity
>>51761979
gets it.
>>
>>51763237
That's basically the background plot. The last time the gods got involved with a war, it was apocalyptic and changed the face of the world forever. This time, they're letting men handle it, even the elves are leaving.

But they're giving them a little help, because Sauron is partially their responsibility.
>>
he was an asimar and got reborn as an actual angel. unless you think christianity invented angels then thats the best explaination youre going to get.
>>
>>51763237
You spend time singing the world into existance, and see how you feel when someone tries to mess it up.
>>
>>51761605

>but I wasn't really prepared to understand the heaviest and deepest parts

Look, when you get down to it, in Tolkien's own words: Lord of the Rings is just a story based on his own experiences and the culture of Europe during the World Wars. These peoples are analogues for various social and societal classes of people and their interactions feel more real because they interact in the way these real-world people act.

>>51763237

>Why would the maiar like Gandalf and co even give a shit what happens on Middle Earth? They are angels and shit, why would they drag themselves down to our level?

And at this point, you have to think of the Maiar as something representative rather than as individuals. They are stand-ins for religions: Saruman is hardline Catholicism, the kind that the sided with industrialism for power, and Gandalf is the kinder, more gentle religion of the common man; the fires of the hearth that give the soul comfort. Gandalf's death represents the death of faith in the war, and his rebirth represents its resurgence much more powerful and righteous in the face of evil.
>>
>>51761605
Saurman became the Multi-Color because he turned traitor.

His robe still looks white until it moves then it shimmers with all the colors.

Color of the Robe is a rough rankings of the Wizards. White being in charge, grey being next, etc etc. There's Brown, Green, and Blue as well as I recall.

Gandulf got merc'd and was promoted to fill the void caused by Saurman's betrayal.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.