[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 52

File: 1471391181414.png (474KB, 624x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1471391181414.png
474KB, 624x1130px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Casual Attire Edition: What does your character prefer to wear off-the-field? Do they prefer current fashions or their own special styles?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread: >>51749826
>>
>>51761115
Nothing.

Absolutely Nothing.

But then that's normal for dragons.
>>
File: 1469371205986.png (73KB, 185x304px) Image search: [Google]
1469371205986.png
73KB, 185x304px
>>51761115
Armor, all the time.
Bless those +1 Fusing mithral full plates one can sleep in.
>>
best gish?
>>
Which are your favourite traits?
>>
>>51761115
>special styles
You mean you're not building an outfit made entirely out of bits and pieces scavenged off your defeated enemies?

But in seriousness, I try to go with glamered armor due to paranoia for most characters as long as it's a social situation where wearing it can be considered acceptable. Failing that, wasn't there a special fashion changing outfit in the latest noble society book?

Had an illusionist that would layer alter self with a few simple illusions to primp himself up for any party. The way he figured, if they were crafty or strong enough of will to peek through his 'clothes' than they had earned the show they got.
>>
>>51761233
Never stop shooting is my favorite.
>>
So /pfg/, tell me about what you're brewing up. Class? Campaign? Items? What are you up to?
>>
File: Sayman best girl and some slut.jpg (83KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sayman best girl and some slut.jpg
83KB, 767x1024px
>>51761320
Sucy a qt.
>>
>>51761320
America Invades Druma campaign, changes to the third book of Reign of Winter, a template to use in the homebrew campaign and moonshine.
>>
>>51761320
Bloodborne campaign
>>
I'm reading on that onslaught kineticist, as it's supposedly the real damage dealer archetype.

However I'm having trouble seeing how to have it deal more damage compared to just tossing empower on a normal blast.
>>
>>51761385
Using Bloodborne-anon's homebrew?
>>
>>51761429
Indeed, considering I'm the author. Working on bestiary and feats right now. Then I'll set up the adventure and do a player's handbool.
>>
>>51761491
Can I be a saucy French crowgirl?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53782041/French%20Crowgirl.mp4
>>
>>51761320
I'm brewing up Lorewipe. Because people didn't know what it was last thread, I'll elaborate. Imagine a Pathfinder MMO, but it's still a tabletop and not a video game.

Also, considering Cleric is allegedly top-tier, I'm surprised it has no Clerics so far. The two class we have the most of is actually Fighter.
>>
So with Spirirted Swordmanship from Avowed does that mean I use my Charisma for Attack and Damage with weapons modified by my Aether Channel?
>>
>>51761639

Yes, it modifies the Aether Pulse.
>>
>>51761543
Sure, but I run text-only games online so the effect may be dampened. The rules I'm planning for character creation should be plenty permissive and I'll be running a table at giant in the playground for anyone on /pfg/ who may want to be involved.
>>
>>51761115
My character only has one set of clothing. When the armor is off, she just wears the underclothing - a grubby beige shirt and brown trousers. Yes, she is kinda gross like that.
>>
Is there anything 1pp that makes feinting in combat worthwhile, or some combination of things?
>>
Posting for feedback again since I kind of posted at the very end of the last thread.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1113621

Mainly mechanical feedback since I haven't filled out actual character shit.
>>
>>51761752

If you're an arcane trickster or something else with spells, sneak attack, and low light/darkvision, you could go Moonlight Stalker, use magic for concealment, and do it as a swift action to set up sneak attacks.

Beyond that, not that I know of. Rogues are the big feinters and usually Canny Tumble is probably better.
>>
Is it worth getting Manyshot if you're using Aether Rounds and Switch Hitting with Aether Channel?
>>
>>51761811

Yes!

Yes!

Aether Rounds works with Manyshot, and Rapid Shot, and all the others!
>>
File: 1472096629590.png (320KB, 1280x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1472096629590.png
320KB, 1280x1900px
>>51761811
Is one more attack ever worth it?

Yes.
>>
>>51761115
Half-giant barbarian I play dresses mostly something kind of military-looking, close enough to a modern uniform with some accents or special markings, maybe a sash, to show his rank.

At least, that's where he's supposed to leave off--he then puts on something like a big ol' bear-skin cape with the paws and head still on, a sword that probably outweighs his wife, and a whole slew of magic gear (can never be too convinced you're not about to get jumped).
>>
File: [Loud Sweating].jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
[Loud Sweating].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>51761841
>a sword that probably outweighs his wife

>Normal-sized woman married to a half-giant

Go on...
>>
>>51761648
>>51761639
This seems almost too strong.

As a Self pact my Attack, Damage, Saves, and AC all key off Charisma when I Aether Channel to punch things.
>>
Is there a way to get Charisma to AC instead of Dex besides dipping into oracle?
>>
>>51761859

Nah even large sized swords arent that big. Clearly he's married to a Halfing
>>
>>51761861
Or Strength, or Constitution!

Self Pact Avowed is pretty much "SAD: The Class" as long as you're okay with one of those 3 stats. There's a reason it's so popular in /pfg/ gestalt games.
>>
>>51761859

Clearly, his wife needs to eat better. He should make more money, the lazy bum.
>>
What classes have access to archetypes that give them a sorcerer or bloodrager bloodline?
>>
Do maguses with Flamboyant Arcana count as having a "panache class feature" for feats?
>>
File: Too bad so sad.png (6KB, 358x235px) Image search: [Google]
Too bad so sad.png
6KB, 358x235px
>>51761910

The Magus.
>>
>>51761838
Wait, I thought Manyshot specifically excluded weapon effects and such (and was just Arrow+STR+Enhancement+Deadly Aim)

Though I'm also not sure if I have room for it, as it's down to Manyshot, Mystic Reflexes, Overcharge Modulation, or Double Slice. Probably gonna go with Overcharge Modulation.
>>
>>51761926

Manyshot is literally just "you add an extra +1d8 to your normal shot." This does not mean you get an extra +xd8 from Aether Rounds, but you sure still can get it as part of your normal full-round action.
>>
>>51761892
There's a few deific obediences that will do it.
>>
>>51761942
Eh, Overcharge Modulation is better, then.
>>
>>51761969

Doesn't Overcharge Modulation require the Empower Spell-like Ability for Aether Pulse?

Speaking of which, am I reading this right, or does Overcharge Modulation literally mean, "You can't add anything fancy to your Aether Pulse, but when you use Aether Pulse you do max damage?"

Sounds to me like an Avowed Swordsman in Taldor Ascendant would be able to do +32 damage easy with that thing.
>>
>>51761559
Sounds cool. Would you like to share more?
>>
>>51761859
It's more the fact of being a big ol' fuckoff sword than her being a small woman.

Though she does only come up to about his middle-chest. GM decided he liked the idea of 3.5's short elves better than Pathfinder's heights and weights.
>>
>>51762059
Oh, sure. We just ran the first adventure for players today, as I mentioned in the previous thread, and somebody already bought a magic shop.

For those interested, http://lorewipe.boards.net/ is our forums, and we also have a discord: https://discord.gg/hTZxEx8
>>
>>51761861
I do think it's weird that it's the 'you want to be really strong but boring' option and I'm not sure if it was good for a pact to enable that.

Aether Channel also used to make it harder to be CHA sad because it didn't get stat to damage with spirited swordsmanship.
>>
Is it possible for an outsider like a demon or a devil to turn into an intelligent undead such as a lich, vampire or ghost?
>>
>>51762113

Look at it this way, it just means people who take Avowed (Self) are putting themselves under the magnifying glass.
>>
>>51762113
The thing is it isn't even really that boring compared to others. Other's level 4 and 8 pact empowerments aren't that interesting either, they're just weaker as well.
>>
>>51761409
Size up
+X/die or +X/blast
More blasts.

Get the ring, Get the teardrop ioun; either of these is cheaper and far more valuable to you than the kinetic diadem. You can get that later anyways if you're rich.

A shield ain't bad: you're not using gather power, so whether legendary-kineticist or standard kineticist that you've archetyped off of, you can use these in a hand. The ioun shield from porphyra is no good to you; you already have a full-action version and you don't want to give that up for the shield's version instead.

Your burn costs limit you: Generally speaking you should probably forget the focusing gloves, but +1 burn for distance might be worth it compared to paying a whole damn feat for that (or was it a utility I forget).

Remember that you can combine different amplifiers. You can stack alteration amplification and esoteric modification, or aetheric boost and gravitic boost... It's just that it quickly explodes the burn cost for low gains.
>>
>>51762124
No, because outsiders can't be revived normally when they die, unless they're native.
>>
>>51761910
Arcanist
>>
>>51762021
Not quite.
When you use your pulse normally, you get a choice: Either apply the sub-effects of the modulation (not "it's fire now" but "it deafens, it drains HP, etc), OR empower the pulse for free.

When using Empowered, 3/day as usual, you get to apply BOTH options.
>>
>>51762124
Not unless Ahriman kills some genies.
>>
>>51762195
>When using Empowered, 3/day as usual, you get to apply BOTH options.

So... I can apply "Empower the shot, and only empower the shot" as often as I want?
>>
>>51762157
Celestial: Hugely unique, enables 4e style tanking
Fey: Fairly unique, free action teleporting is -fun- and its level 8 is very strong for out of combat and combos well in battle with the stealth checks you get from using Fairy Ring properly
Dragon: 4th level is fun but not strong, 8th level is strong with nice flavor but not mechanically fun, it works out
Elemental: This one's a bit on the dry side, yeah
Fiend: Enables intimidation playstyle, and you can't tell me Temptation as an at-will isn't fun
Nation: 4th level strong and flavorful but not mechanically fun, 8th level fun but not strong
Old One: Telepathy is useful, swift action Obey is useful, unique and fun
Otyugh: Relatively weaker but enables a new type of playstyle, and is fun for that
Shadow: Relatively straightforward but teleports at will are at least fun to people who aren't OD'd on Veiled Moon

And Self is just flat numbers and extra damage. It's not an obvious black sheep, but definitely on the lower end of the scale for interesting abilities.
>>
In terms of flavour, what's the difference between a bastard sword and a great sword? Or a large bastard sword and a great sword?
>>
File: Skeptical.gif (598KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
Skeptical.gif
598KB, 500x277px
>favorite pact was self pact the moment I saw it, since it's effectively just "a less shit monk" with bonus abilities and the ability to justify going full QUALITY.
>second favorite was celestial due to the whole "HIT ME MORE" aspect, though it still didn't scratch quite the right itch for me
>now people are bitching about Self pact and implying that only shitty powergamers pick it

so this is what that anon who wanted to make a ZS/OD warder felt
>>
>>51762291
>Fey: Fairly unique, free action teleporting is -fun- and its level 8 is very strong for out of combat and combos well in battle with the stealth checks you get from using Fairy Ring properly

Can someone redpill me on how to use the Fey Pact properly for a ranged attacker? I really, really want to use it!
>>
>>51762279
Yes. The point of Overcharge is you basically now get to pick when firing off a pulse: Do I want secondary effects, or do I want it empowered.

It's one modulation at a time (you can change it next time your clause grade goes up) so do choose carefully.
>>
>>51762329
>In terms of flavour

A Bastard Sword is known as a "hand-and-a-half" sword, which is to say it's not quite large enough to *need* two hands, yet it's not quite small enough to fit comfortably in one hand - hence being a bastard of swords. This means most times when you're swinging the blade you only have two hands on it when you need extra force to the blow, using two hands for part of a strike or going one-handed during a two-handed swing.

In practice, most "big" swords you see in fantasy movies are bastard swords. Anduril, the blade Aragorn uses is a bastard sword. Longclaw, the sword used by Jon Snow in Game of Thrones is a bastard sword.

Greatswords are the two-handed blades you'd see wielded by big ole berserker types. These things are large, they're heavy, and they require a lot of swinging room. Ice from Game of Thrones is a greatsword, Gregor Clegane uses a greatsword. William Wallace in Braveheart uses a greatsword.
>>
>>51762533
>Gregor Clegane uses a greatsword

Oh, and because I'm reminded of something by posting this.

Gregor Clegane is noted as being so hideously large and strong he can "one-hand a greatsword." This means Gregor has Powerful Build and is in fact a half-giant.

Now, since you can't two-hand a greatsword of any size even with Powerful Build, he is not *technically* wielding a normal or large-sized Greatsword, but in fact a Large Longsword, which a half-giant can wield one-handed and will do 2d6 damage (equal to a greatsword.)
>>
>>51762583
Or he's a Titan Mauler. Or Titan Fighter.
>>
File: 1485981677986.jpg (143KB, 430x542px) Image search: [Google]
1485981677986.jpg
143KB, 430x542px
>>51762091
Jesus. I hope she's allowed to bring some enlarge person into the bedroom, she's gonna need it.
>>
>>51762618

Gregor Clegane is 8'6 and can bisect a warhorse in a single swing.

He's absolutely a half-giant.
>>
>>51762021
I'm using Balefire Infusion, so I get Empower for free, with a special clause that the bonus damage from empower is a special fire that pierces all resistances and incinerates any enemy it drops to 0 or fewer.
>>
I finished reading all the Wrath of the Raunchy characters. Give me some other applications to read through for fun.

Kind of disappointed at how clean the raunchy apps are, if not for the name I might think it was just a regular Righteous game.
>>
File: Giga Wave - Muzzleflash.png (417KB, 1361x637px) Image search: [Google]
Giga Wave - Muzzleflash.png
417KB, 1361x637px
>>51762665
I'd totally fluff it as Gridfire.
>>
File: pseudodragon and a bottle.png (239KB, 518x303px) Image search: [Google]
pseudodragon and a bottle.png
239KB, 518x303px
what is the natural habitat of Psuedo dragons?
>>
>>51762684
>Give me some other applications to read through for fun.

Wait, are you looking just for fun or for nuggets of good writing you could carve out and use for yourself?

>>51762633

Source? I've got other bits of art that might suggest what would happen with a small elf and half-giant, but that's not one of them.
>>
>>51761207

Literally the Magus?

Maybe Bloodrager?
>>
>>51762719
I'm looking for fun, not good writing.
>>
File: tumblr_n0z3qbz7vH1r8ououo1_1280.png (486KB, 932x1006px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0z3qbz7vH1r8ououo1_1280.png
486KB, 932x1006px
Half-giant + Small town girl you say?
>>
>>51762787
Gamagorilla is all giant though.
>>
>>51762716
Cities. They hang and large gatherings of humans to try and find good people to partner up with.
>>
What is the best lvl 3 sorcerer spell for:
>Buffing the party
>Doing damage
>>
>>51762716
Temperate forests.
However, they're as smart as people, telepathic, and quickly realize how easy they can take life if they find the right people to be the familiars of.

Pets though, most find that degrading.
>>
>>51762716
Tits. Big ol warm ones with plenty of snuggle room.
>>
>>51762787

Gamagori is not a half-giant, he's only BIGGER THAN YOU.
>>
>>51762815
Do you mean 3rd level sorcerer spell, or spell that a lvl 3 sorcerer has access to? Cause those are two entirely different ballparks.
>>
>>51762491
First, you're an archer, so if you want loads of damage you need to take the standard PBS/Precise Shot/Rapid shot feats.

They key to using Fey pact well is knowing what you can do with Fairy Circle.
Free action teleport means that you break line of sight for a moment, and if you've put the circle in the right place, this gives you a stealth check.
You can also use Nightfall or Airspace Control to also try and get concealment, which means you don't even need cover.

And then if you want to spend battle doing something other than ranged full attacking, get the mind-affecting clauses which also benefit from your 8th level empowerment.
>>
File: gamaxmako.jpg (50KB, 580x773px) Image search: [Google]
gamaxmako.jpg
50KB, 580x773px
>>51762787
>>
>>51762893

That's one determined rodent.
>>
>>51761115

My Half-Elf Magus tends to change his style of dress depending on where he is currently.

If he's home and at court, he'll be wearing the appropriate attire for a noble Elf of his station.

If he's traveling in human lands or visiting his human family, he'll dress in human fashions to fit in more easily.

When on diplomatic missions, he'll wear military dress uniform befitting his rank and homeland, with the Crest of his House visible on accessories.

One thing that tends to remain constant is his use of color. He favors green, gray, and blue accents, particularly when paired with warmer-colored leathers.
>>
>>51762893
you're still in a dream, snake eater
>>
>>51762832
3rd level spell.
>>
>>51762960
haste
fireball
>>
File: 1379825586903.jpg (639KB, 4994x2290px) Image search: [Google]
1379825586903.jpg
639KB, 4994x2290px
I heard they were making an Esoteric version of the Fey pact, representing a union with Satyrs, Nymphs, Fairies or Huldra more than a signed agreement with a courtly fey.

Is that anywhere close to being done? Does it have the same features as the Court Fey?
>>
>>51763005
You might mean the betrothed archetype where you get a companion that adventures with you and the abilities are slightly changed. Look in Avowed 2, it's in the OP.
>>
>>51763005
I remember the post where that was said.

>Is that anywhere close to being done?
No, and probably won't be for a long while. I don't think it's coming in Avowed 2, so Avowed 3 needs to get voted in on the Patreon again for it to even have a chance.

>Does it have the same features as the Court Fey?
No, that would defeat the point of making them different. But refluffing the Court Fey (or any other pact) to a satyr/nymph/fairy/etc pact is approved and encouraged in the meantime.
>>
File: 1377704271144.png (145KB, 236x289px) Image search: [Google]
1377704271144.png
145KB, 236x289px
>>51763034

>mfw reading Betrothed
>mfw get all excited at Aetheric Strike and Protective Force
>mfw realize it's for the Companion, not the PC
>>
Excuse me, is there a cost attached to retraining your favored class? I can not seem to find it
>>
>>51763146
10 gp times level times days spent retraining.
>>
>>51762970
This. This should pretty much be your go-to 3rd level spells barring weird bloodlines.
>>
>>51763201
Is that for favored class bonus?

Sorry, to clarify, I meant changing your favored class in general
>>
>>51763034
>Look in Avowed 2

>In addition, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus on Charisma checks and Charisma-based checks

T-This means Clauses and all the other class features that use Charisma get a +2 circumstance bonus?
>>
>>51763280
Are they Checks?
No?

Then no.
>>
Don't listen to anyone else: Stinking Cloud is the undisputable king of 3rd level spells.
>>
>>51763338
>being that guy
>"What ho mage, won't you cast us a spell!"
>"Stinking Cloud! Ahuehuehuehuehuehue!"
>>
File: 1453407364475.jpg (127KB, 450x576px) Image search: [Google]
1453407364475.jpg
127KB, 450x576px
>Literally Furry for Taldor Ascendant throws a bitchfit over not getting to play his Wolf Man, throws together a 1 paragraph Vuldran refugee and says, "I'm not adding more to this fucking character, either accept it or I'm out."
>>
>>51763402

Speaking of Taldor Ascendant, is the DM using Feat Tax?
>>
>>51763402

Something tells me the dude is out.
>>
>>51763138
What, you don't want your waifu to have nice things?
>>
>>51763338
How so, you think?
>>
>>51763402
I wonder why he thought he'd get to play that.
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (85KB, 511x676px) Image search: [Google]
1420750829573.jpg
85KB, 511x676px
>>51763455

People don't realize the real gem of Avowed 2 is the Guardian Spirit feat, which means your Patron can be a waifu (or simply mentor/relative) without actually taking the Betrothed archetype.
>>
File: Hey Pretty Good.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hey Pretty Good.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>51763034
I'm still completely amazed that supporting Esoteric Pacts with Betrothed will probably not be a thing. There's plenty of precedent for that sort of thing, and just look at the Esoteric Pacts in the first book:

>Nation pact has your national pride is so strong that it attracts someone with equal amounts of loyalty to the country
>Self Pact has your mind and ego be so inflated and/or broken that the magic makes your tulpa real
>>
>>51763402
>the Vudran continent
>can't even spend two minutes to find 'Casmaron'
>>
>>51763490
>Choosing long distance relationships so it hurts less if you ever get NTR'd, instead of the chance to actually be with your waifu 24/7
>>
File: file.png (89KB, 1147x347px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
89KB, 1147x347px
>>51763402
I'm going to be looking forward to Taldor Ascendant apps.
>>
File: 1389179134729.png (23KB, 199x301px) Image search: [Google]
1389179134729.png
23KB, 199x301px
>>51763572

DELETE THIS

Don't you ever talk to me or my wife's son ever again.
>>
>>51763465
It's by far the most overpowered thing a caster can do until level 7, yes. Do you know what the nauseated condition does? How about concealment from creatures acting through a big smoke cloud?
>>
>>51763572
you wouldn't be getting NTR'd if you actually stayed together.
>>
>>51763582
What a fucking faggot, jesus.
>>
>>51763582
>dreaming
Why does this guy shove furry into every app?
>>
>>51763494
The nature of how each esoteric pact would work as a betrothed will very hugely depending on the pact.

In particular, where the sapience of your companion goes if you ever break up with them will vary hugely depending on whether they're the collective spirit of a nation or an ascendant stand ability from your own consciousness.

...Is the reasoning they gave, at least. I'm not so sure I'm convinced myself.
>>
>>51763572

You do know the Guardian Spirit feat gives you an instant two-way magical radio to communicate with your Patron at all times, yeah?
>>
>>51763619
Yes that's exactly what I was saying: why Betrothed is leagues better than Guardian Spirit.
>>
>>51763639
>where the sapience of your companion goes if you ever break up with them will vary hugely depending on whether they're the collective spirit of a nation or an ascendant stand ability from your own consciousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPaVk4G1jg

Was Armstrong an Avowed (Nation?)

Is that how he could summon the echoes of a cheering crowd when he punted Raiden?
>>
File: nioh-chapter1.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nioh-chapter1.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>51763655
>>51763645

This is about when you travel to minkai because someone stole your girl.
>>
>>51763663
Yes, but he also gets a SECOND pact: a Tech-variant of Self-Avowed as a special bonus.
>>
>>51763663

>Avowed (Music)
>Can summon a band to play thematically appropriate music, functioning as a Bard using Inspire Courage equal to the Avowed's level
>>
File: Frodo.jpg (41KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
Frodo.jpg
41KB, 400x399px
>>51763402
Why didn't he just make a Witchwolf Skinwalker instead of trying to push a custom race through?
>>
>>51763746

Witchwolf Skinwalkers aren't furry enough.

I doubt he even knows the Skinwalker exists, his custom race is described as being "descended from Werewolves."
>>
>>51763663
>>51763736
>>51763702

Do the japs know just how beloved senator armstrong is in north america?
>>
File: C4HDq9PWMAEWSjY.jpg (41KB, 640x486px) Image search: [Google]
C4HDq9PWMAEWSjY.jpg
41KB, 640x486px
>>51763746
>trying to use logic on furries
>>
>>51763616
For the same reason then, as an alchemist, would jumping for the Stink Bomb discovery as soon as possible be a good idea? Even though it only lasts 1 round.
>>
>>51763639
>where the sapience of your companion goes if you ever break up with them...

But that's part of the fun, anon. Having something where huge parts of it are very questionable, both morally and in terms of practicality, is great. It's like if I for some reason decided it was far more practical to construct a lifelike imitation of a human being and shear off a piece of my own soul in order to power it.
>>
>>51763765
>Do the japs know just how beloved senator armstrong is in north america?

They didn't release Metal Wolf Chaos in North America because they were worried we would be deeply offended at their portrayal of the country.
>>
>>51761115
He prefers Andoren Bumpkin clothes because he's a Mark Twain-style, rustic as fuck, Huck Finn-looking motherfucker
>>
>>51763780
It also had an unedited Great Seal in the Oval Office in-game. Apparently it's illegal to have an unedited Great Seal in any sort of private media or something?
>>
>>51763779
Looked to me like they were trying very hard to make sure the Betrothed was morally in the clear regarding content and avoiding any semblance of abusive relationships, so that was off the page in terms of design space.
>>
Are there ANY composite kinetic blasts that use Gravity instead of Negative, other than Supernova Blast (which requires both Fire AND Light as well)?

How many ways (if any) are there of gaining at least additional simple blasts to maybe unlock some composites later? Because I think I might have screwed up here.
>>
>>51761714
Sounds like she needs Iomedae in her life, son
>>
File: hopeless.jpg (157KB, 1132x627px) Image search: [Google]
hopeless.jpg
157KB, 1132x627px
>>51763822
That's a tough one given the vast variety of relationship dynamics...
>>
File: saya-no-uta.jpg (195KB, 1600x955px) Image search: [Google]
saya-no-uta.jpg
195KB, 1600x955px
I sure wish I was a Betrothed Aspirant with an Old One pact and a cute waifu.
>>
File: necropolis Litharge.jpg (236KB, 640x964px) Image search: [Google]
necropolis Litharge.jpg
236KB, 640x964px
Okay guys, I've been trying to think of enemy encounters, but sadly I'm lacking in the Bestiary compartment.

I need an enemy that essentially an Undead composed completely from stitched together pieces of discarded and flayed flesh, but no bones.

The reason why is because I have a setting where one of the cultures of Mountain dwellers practice sky burial, and grind up the bones as grit for the birds as part of it, but some necromancers has been stealing the flayed bodies and flesh left of the mountain altars for their own purpose.

Anyone have any monsters or templates that can work for this?

Also, as a part of the mountain culture, I need a good weapon, either in stats or in rea life counterpart, that is essentially a "Pheasant's Talon", called as such due to both a sharp curve and a side spur used for parrying and disarming. If none such exist, then I guess I'll just make a custom weapon in the end.
>>
>>51763822
>>51763848
**Regarding /consent/.
Consent, not content. Damn it.
>>
>>51761115
>Casual Attire Edition: What does your character prefer to wear off-the-field? Do they prefer current fashions or their own special styles?
He prefers cute dresses
>>
File: ChaikaYes.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaYes.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>51763822
>avoid abusive relationships
>dragon, undead,fiend, and old one are some of the available betrothed pacts

I dunno man. I see it, but it's all about the people involved. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for it.
>>
File: Aria Braids.png (975KB, 1366x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Aria Braids.png
975KB, 1366x1536px
>>51763878
my point still stands
>>
>>51763869
I am working on something right now that kind of fits that creature. I don't know if it has bones or not...

But anyways, if nobody else helps you I'll probably be done with it in about 2 hours.
>>
File: strangel hypnotic.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
strangel hypnotic.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>51763942
For you, anon-kun.
>>
>>51763860
For what purpose?
>>
File: shino.png (138KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
shino.png
138KB, 500x281px
>>51764110
reproduction
>>
File: Saya.jpg (823KB, 700x899px) Image search: [Google]
Saya.jpg
823KB, 700x899px
>>51764110
Hugs, kisses, and inappropriate cuddling of course.
>>
>>51763494
The actual reasoning is that betrothed requires a mutual agreement. Esoteric pacts, being psychic connections to concepts, do not inherently have an entity which can agree to it. Being Betrothed isn't simply about having a companion (in the default fluff) - it's about your pacted entity deciding to weaken itself to be with you. Even if you have an equally patriotic partner, you didn't pact with the partner - you pacted with AMERICA.

Of course, you're free to refluff it (perhaps taking a pact that DOES have betrothed options that suits your build!), but the fairly intense workload of writing pacts alongside the mutually exclusive betrothed and esoteric fluff means that it's not something we are looking to support at this time.
>>
>>51764201
>Producing spawn as a betrothed avowed sacrifices either 1/4 of your own or your companion's HP

It's a violent business.
>>
File: Metal Wolf.png (297KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Wolf.png
297KB, 620x350px
>>51764216
>AMERICA willingly weakens itself a little just to be with you
>>
>>51763572
I'm really worried about sexy Aasimar hunks stealing my character's waifu. What are some good countermeasures?
>>
>>51763702
There will be a feat that allows you to have a second pact with a slower progression, for those of you whose concepts do not fit entirely into one pact.
>>
>>51763860
I sure wish I was a Betrothed with a dead companion and A RITUAL INVOLVING THE SACRIFICE OF KINGDOMS TO BRING THEM BACK.
>>
>>51764234
Ban Aasimar.
>>
>>51764234
Imprison her in a dungeon with her own luxury apartment. They all cheat anyway.
>>
>>51764216
Esoteric concepts cannot consent agree to enter into a pact and therefore also cannot consent to having sex with you. If you had a Betrothed Pact with the United States of America and proceeded to have sex with it, that would be rape. You would literally be raping the United States of America. This would make Lady Liberty cry.
>>
>>51764234

You're worried a woman that loves you is going to cheat on you? Even though she's intimately connected to you via a psychic tether?
>>
>>51763942
We did, indeed, aim to make sure that the Betrothed's companion was never in such a position that the Betrothed could force them to continue a relationship they did not want to. Similarly, though, we didn't want the DM to be able to throw a paladin-esque trap at you where you get depowered and become useless (thank Forrest for that part, she was very insistent we make it hard for cruel DMs to ruin your day.)
>>
>>51764237
Whoah, that's huge. Just a single feat or is it a chain?

Would you get the pact sense and attunements just for the one?
>>
File: 1486650796045.jpg (133KB, 679x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1486650796045.jpg
133KB, 679x1100px
Who's excited about their gaming plans for this weekend?
>>
>>51764237
Sounds more like an ACP? Single feat might be too valuable, but then, multi-feat-chain can very easily get too expensive to be worth it...
>>
>>51764282
Current intention (though balance may show otherwise) is that you will always gain the pact sense. At Avowed level 8, you gain the attunement, and at Avowed 16, you gain the 4th level pact empowerment. Both will be weaker than if it was your primary pact, though - we really don't want this too be a NECESSITY so much as a good fluff choice and potentially interesting build enabler.
>>
>>51764271
But she isn't; she's only connected by an emotional tether, and the Cuck Legion grows stronger each day
>>
starting a high power campaign one of my players wants to play a cancer mage, and it fits with the campaign setting but idk about the rest of the party
any tips?
>>
File: thinking.jpg (47KB, 657x371px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
47KB, 657x371px
>>51764319
I don't have any gaming plans for this weekend.
>>
File: 1439544766285.jpg (181KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1439544766285.jpg
181KB, 720x960px
I wanna play as a Sorcerer who's also a serial killer.

There's no overlying plan to take over the world, I'm not trying to cleanse of human filth or usurp the position of the campaign's BBEG. Everything is just exactly what it is: simple murder-spree, but I wanna do without leaving a trace of myself. Any suggestions would be nice.
>>
File: tumblr_o2kgmokN0C1s02vreo3_400.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2kgmokN0C1s02vreo3_400.gif
2MB, 400x224px
How close is your character with their party and other allies, /pfg/? Are you strangers, good friends, practically family? Are you friendly with each other, or do you spend a lot of time fighting?
>>
>>51764265
My character can't afford a dungeon. He's only level three.
>>
>>51764319

I've got a session this Saturday! Super excited!
>>
>>51764349
I've played a good amount of campaigns and no group I've ever been in has really established a strong party dynamic even when we manage to get a lot of good characters together, it's disappointing.
>>
>>51764319
I have to go to Baltimore to sell drugs, so no games this weekend. Next weekend I'm running a Slaughter The Shoanti Encampment session, though. Should be hype. Very Wounded Knee.
>>
>>51764348
One would be talking to a psychiatrist and perhaps going back to school. Your mommy is very concerned.
>>
>>51764348
You're just going to waste others' time. No one will care but you. That sounds harsh but the reality is that in a social, collaborative game, not every type of lore-fitting perfectly-interesting character that would work fine in, say, a novel, is actually fun or of any interest at the game table.

You want something interesting to do with your story? Collaborate with your groupmates to write it jointly with them, something that isn't all about you.
>>
>>51764328
That makes sense.

If you hadn't seen them, here are two worries I'd had about some of the balance options in Avowed 1:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51736752/#51741924

First, the worry that Aether Blade has much less of a niche now that Aether Channel gets full CHA to damage, and if Aether Blade hitting touch really balances out all the versatility Aether Channel gets for the same investment.

Second, whether Self Pact with Aether Channel is too strong:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51731302/#51734951
My numbers here are a bit off - I forgot the ability score improvements at levels 4/8 so this could actually use 26 str or 26 cha depending on build - and Dragon Style/Ferocity are actually barely necessary compared to the huge boost you get from Overcharge Modulation, so you could CHA SAD this all for a feat.

The thing is that this isn't even a big investment: it's obvious to see "Self pact is about full attacking with unarmed strikes, so take aether channel" and when you can reliably one-round opponents, sacrificing your modulation to overcharge your pulse every round is a no-brainer.
>>
>>51763824
Anyone? I've been going through what, six books now, but I've likely missed something
>>
>>51764349
It varies.

>Paladin: very good friends, since my character was an exchange student at the paladin academy, and they worship the same deity
>Witch: She's aloof as fuck, but helpful. She's also freaky as Hell, but the others don't seem to notice. My character wants to help her, but doesn't know her that well yet
>Warpriestess: Arrogant, 6'4" physically abusive bitch who gets her jollies by verbally and physically abusing my 5'6" cleric. He's pretty disgruntled, but she is nominally helpful, so he lets it slide for now
>Alchemist: mopey half-orc with no friends. My character pitied him, but respects his intelligence and resourcefulness
>Rogue: He's just a kid, and desperately needs guidance or he'll grow up to be a disappointment.
>Wizard: Reckless, eccentric woman with no sense of right or wrong. Also weird and blue, and since she ran around chasing servants in her bathrobe at an Inn, she's the PC my character has seen in the state of greatest nakedness, besides the paladin, because Super Masculine Bathing time.
>>
>>51764319
Had a super comfy time telling stories around the fireplace with the squad last week. Looking forward to another great session this Saturday.
>>
>>51761115
this is why I'll never play a tabletop rpg. it seems like adventurers absolutely refuse to change their clothes unless its for special events. why they can't have 4-5 sets of normal clothes for the off chance their DM doesn't try to kill them that day is beyond me.

but if they're worried about constantly being under attack, they probably won't have a carriage or something to carry their stuff in trunks and whatnot. so unless I get to carry 6+ bags of holding, I'll never have all the right stuff on me when i need it.
>>
>>51764432
As Aether Channel's haste bonus mostly serves to make Silver Shoes less necessary (in part making up for having to enhance a weapon), we believe - at present - that ignoring Armor, Shield, and Natural Armor bonuses against an effective +0.25 per level bonus to hit is a fair exchange (at least according to Forrest's current spreadsheets). However it looks like we hadn't accounted for special enhancements in the numbers, so we'll need to do some remathing.

Self pact will also be getting another look, thank you. ^^
>>
>>51764497
I always make sure my character's have multiple sets of clothes, as well as clothes for different occasions (formal, marketplace/cute picnic, combat training/exercise.) It's just sensible, plus you can clothe prisoners or slaves you rescue, too.
>>
>>51764497
>worried about constantly being under attack
Because that's kind of their job description.

The things that adventures regularly go through are the equivalent of a war tour. Paranoia and PTSD are a given after something like that, and when you add in all the myriad ways magic can fuck things up you run into the fact that only someone who treats EVERYTHING as a possible danger and ambush can survive that lifestyle for long.
>>
File: wizards.jpg (15KB, 197x222px) Image search: [Google]
wizards.jpg
15KB, 197x222px
>>51764455
>Wizard: no sense of right or wrong.
I see what you did there.
>>
>>51764522
As a note, my self pact numbers did assume that even though the attunement says 'as if you were two weapon fighting', if you use unarmed strikes for all your attacks, your aether channel damage isn't halved, because your unarmed strikes are all a single weapon.

If I'm wrong on that, then I'll need to remath that later and it's probably more sensible.
>>
>>51764349
>Saved rogue from slavery, he treats me and another character as his employers
>Wizard is a kid and a coward, trying to herd him is like herding cats
>Barbarian is the local
>Gunslinger is a semi-reluctant tag along who is along for the ride because the party is competent
>bard is tutor and bodyguard of my character, weird guy and they have a comedy routine every few seconds
>>
>>51764544
It's apt. She blasted the witch with burning hands to "try and damage a roach swarm, because fire kills bugs, right?"
>>
>>51764557
RAW is unclear there, isn't it. We'll work on that.
>>
>>51764586
(If it /does/ half all your aether channel stuff that's weird in a different way: my gut feeling with no math done is that adding this attunement attack leads to either a small decrease to your overall damage, or something roughly the same, because one extra aether channel attack feels like it's worth a lot less than having not-halved aether channel on your first three or four. In that case, choosing to use your attunement ability would be downgrade or at most a sidegrade.)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>51764377
>I have to go to Baltimore to sell drugs
I didn't know BLM was going to have another riot soon
>>
>>51764349
>Wizard: Spoilt noblewoman who won't do anything for herself. My character can't stand her.
>Cleric: Keeps trying to convert my character to her religion. Avoid.
>Paladin: Spends time on the frontline with my character. My character thinks she's alright.
>Rogue: Snide and sarcastic. Gets along with my character well. They've had bro bonding a couple of times between adventures.
>>
How many CR above his level should a level 8 gestalt character be punching? I heard that it should roughly give you +1/2 your level in 'effective level'. Meaning as a party CR 12 encounters become the norm. Is this true?
>>
A bit new to /pfg/ and I got a question, what's the best place to look for an online game?
A while ago I finished up an online erp PF game with a few other anons from /tg/ and haven't been able to find another one since, any idea where I could find something similar? Doesn't have to be erp though that could be a bonus depending on what's it aobut, I mostly just enjoyed how it split 50-50 mostly RP and mostly combat sessions
>>
File: My Man!.gif (874KB, 273x415px) Image search: [Google]
My Man!.gif
874KB, 273x415px
>Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Manyshot, Guardian Spirit, Weapon Focus (Composite), Empower Spell-like Ability, Overcharged Aether Pulse

I might have one more feat I could burn, but does this look good for a Rooty Tooty Point and Shooty?
>>
>>51764737
Lorewipe-anon here. I'm basically starting a tabletop MMO with Pathfinder. Give it a look.

http://lorewipe.boards.net/
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (41KB, 394x353px) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
41KB, 394x353px
>>51764737
>what's the best place to look for an online game?

If you're looking for Play-by-Post? Myth-Weavers. If you're looking for lewd Play-by-Post? Elliquiy.

If you're looking for a text or voiced campaign? Either stick around here (we're always making new campaigns!) Or check our Roll20's LFG (Looking For Group) feature.
>>
>>51764753
That looks neat.
>>
>>51764743
You're not using barrage right? because ranged touch attacks don't get to apply deadly aim.
>>
>>51764651
>implying BLM needs a reason to riot anymore
>>
>>51764753
What's your policy on erp?
>>
>>51764753
I look into it, don't think it's what I'm looking for though

>>51764763
Kinda would prefer text game, my last one was over roll20 and I didn't get the impression it was good for looking for lewd games when I checked out the LFG feature
>>
>>51764795
Keep it in PMs.

>>51764798
Fair enough.
>>
File: 1417548568091.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1417548568091.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>51763402
>>51763582
>>51763746
>furries

What was the deal, anyway? Was it a normie app? I mean I know we're pretty autistic around here, but I think most /pfg/ people are smart enough to realize that you don't make assumptions about being able to play a custom race.
>>
>>51764785

W-Wait, when I'm using my Composite Longbow with Aether Rounds, I'm aiming for the Ranged Touch AC?

I'm kinda not feeling Deadly Aim anyway, -3 to-hit for +6 damage at level 8 doesn't really seem like that much, especially if I'm getting +32 from an Empowered Aether Round Pulse.
>>
>>51764798
>Kinda would prefer text game

So you're looking for a lewd text-based campaign? Check out Elliquiy or the campaigns that tend to crop up around here! All of them are at least partially-lewd friendly in the sense that nobody's going to give too much of a shit if you're fucking someone on the side.
>>
>>51764825
I said barrage.
If you're using aether rounds off a bow there's no problem.

As for DA: here's the thing. YOU get aether pulse damage on hits, but not everybody does this. A standard archer goes for deadly aim because each of his seven arrows gets up to +12 damage by 20th, and for most targets because bows have so many sources of bonuses, the -6 that +12 costs is nothing.

With BAB 15 though, that's a different story.
>>
>>51764763
>Either stick around here (we're always making new campaigns!) Or check our Roll20's LFG (Looking For Group) feature.
Yeah, but how often do games made here actually happen?

Looking at Sleeping Goddess, Hot Harem, Molthune, Shattered Star, Sky Pirates, and a bunch of others.
>>
>>51764921
>Dragon game, Hell's Vengeance, Pendragon, even fucking RotJR the meme game that started this whole mess are successfully running
>>
>>51764921

The only one of those that seemed to have any gumption was Molthune, the rest of them were either obviously aimless or cookie-cutter.
>>
>>51764935
So that's a 50% success rate? Not that good.
>>
>>51764935
Is the Jade Regent LFG still up? I want to read the applications.
>>
>>51764967
So between TA and WotR, which do you think will make it past infancy?
>>
>>51764921
Is Fluffy Tail 2 running?

Of all the games I've felt were doomed to fail, I felt it with that one most.
>>
>>51764881
>As for DA: here's the thing. YOU get aether pulse damage on hits, but not everybody does this. A standard archer goes for deadly aim because each of his seven arrows gets up to +12 damage by 20th, and for most targets because bows have so many sources of bonuses, the -6 that +12 costs is nothing.

Naw naw, I get the glory of a properly applied Deadly Aim, it's just that I'm kind of famished for feats at the moment so I need to be frugal as fuck with how I spend them.

And hey, by removing Deadly Aim I'm able to spend that Slayer Talent on Trapfinding, so I can become a Master of Unlocking!

And now I've found the secondary function of this peerless archer; he's equally adept at breaking into places and stealing all sorts of stuff - perfect for foreign diplomats on ambassadorial missions!
>>
>>51765004
It never got off the ground.
>>
>>51765002

Taldor Ascendant isn't looking good - the concept's solid and the DM seems to be trying, but it feels kind of barebones beyond the backstory blurb and the current applicants aren't helping.

Wrath of the Raunchy seems to have potential, it's an AP with a lot of attention and application action.
>>
>>51764983
The official LFG got nuked when the decision was made. You can still see the character discussion from the waiting room here, though:
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4262777/character-discussion/?pagenum=1
>>
>tfw waiting for SoM playtest 4
I hope they added more stuff to Equipment Sphere, like options to change damage types so I can take a longsword and Mordhau skellies to death with the bludgeon damage
>>
>>51765004
Molthune always gave me the biggest red flags. I just got this strong feeling like the DM had gotten in over his head.

There's still that assassin game up that the threads here seem to have forgotten about, but it's pretty plagued with normie apps now.
>>
>>51765050
TA's set up seems imposing. Mid range gestalts on an original adventure, didn't get the fucking month and a half notice WotR did.

>None if the WotR apps took chance encounter
Suckers.
>>
>>51765173
>None if the WotR apps took chance encounter

I was going to heckin' do this, god dammit.

I just didn't figure out a good concept of a character in time, is all! I've still got time though, right?

>didn't get the fucking month and a half notice WotR did.

Yeah, that's the biggest red flag I'm getting from the whole thing. The DM is demanding we make a mid-level gestalt for this huge adventure and he's only given us two weeks to build it.
>>
>>51765004
First game is supposed to be on the 20th.
>>
>>51765187
it's already flaked.
>>
>>51765186
Do it anon. I played this one around release and chance encounter is the only one that's decent. The rest are all bait traits.
>>
>>51765186
Oh!

It's okay for me to have a deadline that's more than two weeks out?

I remember people bitching about a month or so being a clear sign of /fakegame/, so I pushed things even though I'm not sure I'll be ready (better, I thought, to delay than for people to lose interest).
>>
So moral of the story:

If you want to play games, don't come to /pfg/ cause our shit fails over 50% of the time
>>
>>51765050
I'm still working on my Raunchy App! It's hard to work in Fey Foundling without it being nonsense.
>>
>>51765241
I dunno man. I bet the Roll20 numbers are worse than 1 in 2
>>
>>51763869
Hope it helps.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A45yeSbwhhpAsGAsSVpV9OQKAtzQuoZhVFk8KwBAg8k/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>51765241
Table games in general have a high failure rate, especially on the internet. It's hardly a /pfg/ specific thing.
>>
>>51765264
Also the chances that those games that do run are PURE, COMFY GOLD is much smaller for Roll20.
>>
>>51765186
The biggest red flags I've seen are 2hu's continued interest and people clearly not reading the setting fluff/character questions.

Oh, furry guy, when will you learn?
>>
>>51765241
>fails over 50% of the time
it's funny that you think that that is worse than Mythweavers
>>
>>51765093
>SoM 4 playtest
Have they said anything on when we might be able to expect it?
>>
>>51765296
some fucking gall on that guy, as someone pointed out earlier who the fuck assumes they can play a custom race?
>>
>>51765253
I was thinking about making a WotR app, but the sheer number of apps that already exist kind of deflate my desire to do so. That and I can't fucking decide on a second class to gestalt with Cryptic.
>>
>>51765323
>who the fuck assumes they can play a custom race?
People who troll roll20 to find games that allow lewd play.
>>
>>51765296
>and people clearly not reading the setting fluff/character questions.

First poster was a brain dead idjit, the second guy was a furry and the third is a sweet, adorable newbie to Pathfinder.

>>51765323

A guy that's desperate to play his furry race? I mean, did you see him get TRIGGERED here? >>51763582
>>
File: Friends.png (27KB, 337x756px) Image search: [Google]
Friends.png
27KB, 337x756px
Character concept
>16 year old female Rogue
>Daddy is rich, really rich
>Daddy knows lots of people, sometimes lots of shady people
>Daddy knows an Aboleth
>Daddy knows Drow
>Daddy knows Gnolls
>Daddy is a slave trader tycoon

I left, out on my own, I don't want anything to do with dads money or friends, I'm in a big wide world, and I want to take down Dad.
>>
File: Brawler girl 41.jpg (839KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl 41.jpg
839KB, 800x1129px
>>51765310
Timeline for that is going to be 2-4 weeks, depending on how the dice fall. We're finalizing spheres first, then classes, but it'll mostly be a spheres/classes playtest before we move onto the skill stuff.
>>
>>51765343

This sounds like the start of an adventure game made by /aco/
>>
>>51765339
>First poster was a brain dead idjit
I've seen him post in other /pfg/ roll20s so I think he's from 'round here
>>
>>51765347
Have you gotten around to checking out the Kineticist feats in Psychic Anthology? Kinetic Overload and Kinetic Invocation seem relatively decent to me.
>>
>>51765339
Yeah, by people I really just mean the furry because hot fucking damn that's comedy gold.
>>
>>51765240
If this is fluffy 1, it wasn't just because of the long deadline but also because of a lot of other contextual factors, including the super-amped state of pfg at the time, which made it feel like it intentionally wanted to play on that and soak up hype.

The boards have calmed down now so I think it would be received better.
>>
>>51765347
Nice musclegirl my mang
>>
Are there any rules to change what Favored Class you picked?

I was alignment shifting away from Lawful Good and this meant I can not take Paladin anymore which was originally my FC
>>
>>51765240
2 weeks is plenty of time to come up with a character. Hell, it's plenty of time assuming you're too busy to make one in the first place. I've been in games where we had "the evening before" without trouble.

When it's a month and a half? Damn right that's a dead flag.
>>
>>51765395
Eat an atonement spell
>>
>>51765333
Go for it! Use Magus.
>>
>>51765413
I dont intend to take Paladin again if anything, but it would massively suck if i cannot change my FC to be another class that I would take...

Does Atonement fix that? I doubt it
>>
>>51765430
Atonement will let you take Paladin again. Otherwise you can't change your Favored Class
>>
>>51765362
Overload would be decent but level 15 means most will never see or use it in their lives. Invocation seems pretty solid at first glance.
>>
>>51765464
>>51765430

cant you just retrain your favored class bonus?
>>
When does Spheres of Might come out?
>>
>>51765471
It can but it doesnt really change what you chose as a Favored Class unless there is a rule that allows it
>>
>>51764522
>ignoring Armor, Shield, and Natural Armor bonuses against an effective +0.25 per level bonus to hit is a fair exchange (at least according to Forrest's current spreadsheets)

It's not as much about the hit bonus, but about the iterative attacks you get earlier.
>>
>>51765487

I believe that falls under the bonus retrain itself. I'd figure any GM would allow that if it wast expressly allowed.
>>
>>51765469
Invocation is free for races like the Caligni/Fetchling, Goran/Gathlain, and elemental planetouched. That might boost it up a grade for, say, Chaokineticists and Hydrokineticists belonging to the Caligni/Undine races, respectively.
>>
>>51761320

An entire subreddit for pathfinder homebrew. Folks can rag on it but I think it might turn out neat.
>>
>>51765308
Could you point out, exactly, in my post, where I implied that?
>>
>At 2nd level, a loremaster adds half his level to all Knowledge skill checks and may make such checks untrained. The bonuses gained from this ability stack with those gained from Bardic Knowledge.

A bard adds half his class level (minimum 1) to all Knowledge skill checks and may make all Knowledge skill checks untrained.

so does this mean +1 per level?
>>
>>51765579
No, it means +2 per two levels, because pathfinder rounds down.
>>
>>51765538
I hope you're the Pathmaker guy, because Pathbrewer is for faggots.
>>
>>51765579
round down

level 1: +1 (because minimum of +1)
level 2: +1
level 3: +1 (1.5 rounded down)
level 4: +2
>>
>>51765603

I am the Pathmaker guy, thank you very much. I'm currently ironing out some kinks with rules and such for the /r/pathmaker subreddit.
>>
>>51765597
>>51765616

Oh okay. That makes sense.. for some reason I was thinking it might be gay, in the sense

"They count as bard levels for bardic knowledge" not you get to double up on the per level bonus's.
>>
>>51765347

I want to brawl with you jolly~
>>
>>51765553
Not myth weavers specifically maybe, but the implication that finding long-lasting games elsewhere is any better.
>>
>>51765500
What is the cost on that and where is the source?
>>
So FOLLOW MY IDEA FOR A SECOND

>Elf
>18 int
>Bard (bardic knowledge)
>Loremaster (lore)
>Breadth of Experience feat
You get a +2 bonus on all Knowledge and Profession skill checks, and can make checks with those skills untrained.

>tfw + 2 + 4 + (2 per 2 levels) knowledge checks
>don't put any ranks in any knowledge skills
>>
>>51765712
but why
>>
File: nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg (42KB, 344x226px) Image search: [Google]
nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg
42KB, 344x226px
>>51765732
Cause. Knowledge is power.
>>
You're gonna pick up Elf Combat Style so you can do Int to damage, right?
>>
>>51765173
>>None if the WotR apps took chance encounter
I considered it, but my character grew up no where near the world wound.
>>
>>51765712
Human/Half-Elf can net you improvisation and improved improvisation for another +4 to untrained checks.
>>
In the Path of War books, where does it say what bonuses you get for using your discipline weapon groups in initializing maneuvers?
>>
I am brewing my character for Taldor Ascendant. After asking around here I decided on the Lion Blade's commander Operative "Monday", a.k.a Lucky Monday. Founder of one of the Oppara Shadow Schools known as "The Lion's Den" that trains long term espionage operatives who are meant to go autonomous for years at a time to shadow a target, and judge whether their assassination is warranted.

However I think I have brain problems. I keep thinking I should switch from Self Pact to something else, but every time I do I just see the fact I am losing +8 to all saves and get to not wear armor.

Plus I wanted to be unarmed and the other pacts don't do unarmed as well as I would like.

This is proving really tough, but as is my character is far too strong. Perhaps the best thing to do is make the character as is with Self Pact and state that, if the numbers are too high for the party, he will change to Nation Pact to bring them in line.
>>
>>51765732
So I can roll on every knowledge check with good results without ever actually being studied in anything.

>>51765772
That might be better actually. You have to be an elf, gnome, or dwarf for breadth of experience. But honestly I could cut my int down to 16 then and pick up those two feats as a human.

>Enter new town
>Have a decent shot of knowing whoever I want to, any lore I want to, or where anything is.
>See monster know what it is
>See plant, know what it is
>See ruined fort in the middle of nowhere, know what it is
>>
>>51765829
But why? Why would you do that. How would you even justify that?
>>
>>51765712
Far better if you're a Half Elf to get both Breadth of Experience AND Improved Improvisation. Then be an Exalted which gives you another +4 on top of Improved Improvisation's. Then dip into Avowed for another 6.
>>
>>51765836
lucky guesses
>>
>>51765865
that works I guess
>>
>>51765827

No, change to nation pact now.

Self Pact for a Lion's Blade is dumb when you have a HYPER PATRIOT pact right there.
>>
>>51765425
>Use Magus
Can't, needs to be full BAB so I can eventually pick up Greater Vital Strike (want to play with Mythic Vital Strike for fun), while also preferably having a strong Fort save. Better HD and skill points a plus as well. Can't decide between Fighter, Stalker, Aegis, or even Mageknight.
>>
>>51765922
Bloodrager VMC Magus
Spellstrike + Vital Strike
>>
File: harkness.png (229KB, 1051x1393px) Image search: [Google]
harkness.png
229KB, 1051x1393px
>>51764270
>>
>>51765339
Tizak is a precious cinnamon roll who needs to be protected and guided to something that won't be completely smothered under 2hu's loli shadow (if he gets in).
>>
Someone clarify sunder to me, I'm new to this. You roll CMB against CMD, and if you're successful, you roll your attack damage against hardness and then deal damage to the item, right?
>>
>>51765901
The problem is Nation Pact is just so much worse than Self Pact. Apparently patriotism gives you less bonuses than pride. If anything Self Pact should simply be nerfed from where it stands as is. It makes the class too SAD.

I'll probably just build the character both ways and post both sheets for the GM to consider with the same story.
>>
>>51763582
Anyone have any other screenshots of cringey applications? I love these.
>>
>>51766018
>>51765901
Also the problem is Nation Pact avowed often have heraldry in their Aether Pulse. My character is a secret operative from a shadow organization that does not officially exist. Showing off I am from Taldor when using my powers is counter the goal.
>>
>>51766000

They even want to play a cute, spunky Elves courtesan! The sweetest thing, don't you think?

>>51766018

I don't *care* that Nation Pact is worse, you're looking at this by the numbers when it should be by the character and the fluff.

Is your character a self-centered prick, or is he a patriot?
>>
Hey folks, can anyone suggest some sweet fey I could take as a patron, assuming our relationship is actually very close and intimate (more parental than romantic, if you were wondering.)

I'm thinking a Dryad, but are there others you'd suggest?
>>
>>51765486

I believe the complete book is set for december this year.

A playtest will be along earlier than that, I think?
>>
Is there a way to sheath my weapon as a free action? I'm getting really fucking tired of dropping my shit everywhere to quick draw.
>>
>>51766047
>Is your character a self-centered prick, or is he a patriot?
That is not what the Self Pact is about most of the time however.

From the fluff itself:
>A pact of the self is most often gained through extensive training, self-empowerment, and meditation
Being a self centered prick is actually a minority among Self Pact.

Which does in fact fit the character perfectly. His two main character traits are self realization /improvement and patriotism.

Also part of his character as a Self Pact is supposed to revolve around the idea of personal identity vs public identity in that he has powers to change shape/take on other's identities. The separation between the self and not through that is something I found interesting.
>>
File: 1414884684177.jpg (30KB, 342x260px) Image search: [Google]
1414884684177.jpg
30KB, 342x260px
Have you ever played a vampire, or had a player who's character was one?
How did it go?
>>
File: chra.png (120KB, 1096x933px) Image search: [Google]
chra.png
120KB, 1096x933px
>>51766041
>>
>>51766103
Yeah, I once played an Antipaladin that became a vampire. It got pretty out of hand and I think the GM regretted it.
>>
>>51766044
>>51766047
>>51766098

>what is refluffing
>>
>>51766131
Oh? What happened?
>>
>>51766078
Not using paizo only
>>
File: what the fuck am i reading.png (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i reading.png
31KB, 400x400px
>>51766119
>>
>>51766078
Presuming you don't have Combat Stamina tricks?
Well, Villain's Codex has Quick Stow, which pretty much allows you to sheath a weapon without provoking.

Issue is that this is a whole other feat you need to burn for something you honestly should have gotten at the start.
>>
>>51766103
Currently playing as a DSP vampire. It's still pretty busted though so DM ruled that intelligent undead are not immune to certain mind-affecting effects that involve emotion, such as fear or charm
>>
>>51766098
>>51766047
And the idea is that his Shadow School is devoted to sending people for long periods of time abroad, far from their home and countrymen. He himself has done the same. Most of the time he does spend in Taldor is teaching at his school, besides that he is mostly abroad. Patriotism from afar is part of his character.

>>51766157
I don't see how that is relevant. If I was refluffing then why not simply take Self Pact?

Both Nation and Self pacts fit the character's fluff, neither requiring refluffing to be him. I am unsure what you are trying to convey here.

My problem is mechanically Nation Pact is country what I am trying to accomplish for the most part. On My Command isn't what I am going for, and Nation Pact does not help me towards being an unarmed combatant where as Self Pact does so.

If anything I more want the unarmed portion of Self Pact more than I do the charisma to saves. Charisma to saves is my problem with Self Pact and the reason I am unsure of taking it, it is simply that strong when combined with all the other options the Avowed has to nearly become SAD for Cha.
>>
File: 450px-Dspwoow.jpg (40KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Dspwoow.jpg
40KB, 450x450px
>>51766197
>tfw still subconsciously read DSP as DarkSydePhil.
Think I'm ruined for marriage?
>>
>>51766103

Generally when people wanted to play vampires or such we'd play a game like Vampire where that was the primary focus.

There was one exception. Back in the early 90s during 2nd edition. All of the characters were high level (18+) evil dudes. One player was playing a Vampire, another was playing a Lich and another was playing a Death Knight. They were three evil buddies looking to try and become gods (like the Dead Three in the Forgotten Realms which is probably where we came up with the idea for the campaign). At one point they thought they had uncovered a ritual that would let them siphon magical power from a near-dead deity, but instead they got sucked into Ravenloft.

The campaign ran for about a half-year and generally involved them going around the Demiplane of Dread fucking everything up and knocking over Dark Lords while trying to find some way to escape. For the most part, being a vampire wasn't a terribly huge burden for the player since he had access to magic and such to negate most of the weaknesses.
>>
>>51766167
Well, lots of stuff. It's a huge boost in power for a class like Antipaladin, since you're already heavy Charisma, and you gain a ton of utility, ability scores, and useful feats. In exchange, the weaknesses are extremely easy to compensate for (using Unsanctioned Knowledge to poach Protective Penumbra from the cleric list, for example).

For a specific anecdote, right after the transformation the GM had set up a fairly trap-heavy dungeon that was the mansion of some crazed serial killer noble. Hallway full of spinning poison-covered swords? Well, I had DR 10 and was immune to poison... or could just turn into mist. The horror elements really went flat when everyone realized our party was a hell of a lot scarier than anything in that house.
>>
Use Magic Device (and spellcasting in general) is new to me. Could someone help by answering a few questions that I have?

1. Under the Activating Blindly entry in the CRB, it says that a user gains a +2 bonus on UMD if you have activated the object before. Does this apply solely to activating blindly? E.g. would a bard w/ a wand of magic missile gain a +2 bonus after successfully using it once?

2. Scrolls are something I have never touched before, either. My current character is a bard. If a scroll is on my spell list but I do not know it, does this mean that I must make a UMD check to use it (e.g. comprehend languages)? My understanding is that it is like wands, where if you can learn the spell, the use automatically succeeds.

3. For scrolls that are outside of my class's spell list (restoration) then that would require a UMD of 20 + CL. For lesser restoration, that would be 23 total. If I fail this check, I lose the scroll, correct?

4. When are mishaps possible? My understanding is that it only occurs when you try to activate an item blindly, but what constitutes activating an item blindly?

Thanks.
>>
Say, does the damage from Aether Pulse multiply on a crit when you use Aether Channel or Aether Rounds?
>>
At level 8 and gestalt how important of an individual should you be in the world? That is the equivalent of being roughly level 12. How far is too far? What sort of exploits should you write in?
>>
>>51766187
>Quick Stow
Man, that's not even a free action!

I'll take it though. I can work with it.
>>
>>51766356
>That is the equivalent of being roughly level 12.

That's the wrong way to think about it.
You're level 8, you just have more abilities.
A level 12 would have accomplished way more than a level 8 gestalt.

It also hugely depends on the powerlevels of NPCs in the setting and is something you should check with the DM.
>>
>>51766398
For reference however, level 8 characters are around the point you can start leading international organizations of importance. High priests, warlords, generals, spy masters, etc. are around level 8.

In Taldor the leader of the Lion Blades is only level 9. The prince is level 12.

Founding an Oppara shadow school is well within the realm of possibility. Being a general in the king's armies. Being a grand diplomat with a long career.

You shouldn't be a nobody.
>>
>>51766310
Activating blindly is when the object has a very specific way to activate. Like a powerful wand that requires a specific gesture. The UMD check represents you using what you know about magic items to guess at how to activate it, so if you manage it once but still aren't sure how to activate it, you get the +2 and the chance at mishap. It's a bit of an oddity and is probably only going to come into play for special items. I sense that you're after a free +2 to UMD but that's sadly not how it works.

To use a scroll without a UMD check, it needs to be on your spell list (you do not need to actually know the spell), must be your appropriate caster type (arcane or divine), and you must have the required minimum ability score. Trying to use a scroll for a spell not on your spell list requires the UMD check. If you don't have the required ability score to use the scroll, you'll also need a UMD check to emulate it. In both cases, you must decipher the scroll using read magic or a Spellcraft check. If you fail the UMD check and there is no mishap, the scroll is not consumed.
>>
>>51765843
Wait can half elves get human and elf feats?
>>
>>51765807
+2 to maneuver DCs
>>
>>51766450

Thank you.

I'm fine with rolling the standard 20 UMD for a wand, but getting a +2 is what people have been telling me. With seeing that it was under the activating blindly portion, it didn't seem like it actually applied.

You say that the scroll is not consumed. Is there something specifically that states this? My GM said that my Mage Armor (CL 6) scroll was consumed after I failed the check.
>>
>>51766476
Of course, an elderly half-elf qualifies for Breadth of Experience.
>>
>>51765807
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/systems-and-use/

In the Saving Throws section. You get a +2 bonus on save DC's of maneuvers if you use a discipline weapon to initiate them.

It's on page 33 of Path of War as well.
>>
>>51766325
While standard pulses are 20/x2, I do believe that as "added damage" pulses are not multiplied by weapon crits.
>>
By RAW, are there any penalties for PCs pulling an all nighter? I'd think they'd be fatigued but I can't find anything on it.
>>
>>51766561
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/glossary/#TOC-Rest
>>
>>51766584
Thanks, it's been bothering me.
>>
>>51766016
No. Sundering is an attack action against CMD that person's armor that provokes LIKE a CMB unless you have Improved Sunder. Hardness basically acts like DR unless you have something that bypasses DR like an Adamantine weapon.
>>
>>51766492
Yeah, I guess what I thought was the source for this isn't actually related to UMD. Here it is anyway, though:

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9og5

You'll have to just see what your table says about UMD failure.
>>
>>51766438
Unless, of course, you're intentionally staying away from the spotlight. One Piece, I think, does this best. Sure there's monsters that run massive organizations or work for the World Government, but then there's also just individual dudes like Fujitora before he was drafted that was just, like, an absurdly powerful guy just going about the world doing his own thing.

Not every high level character is out there making a name for themselves.
>>
>>51766666
It's difficult not to because to become level 8 you need go through some rather impressive trials. Killing a lot of people is the most common.

It would be rather difficult to not garner an identity of some kind, even if only in rumors.
>>
>>51765939
>Bloodrager
But I don't need more combat ability, and turning off my manifesting seems really stupid. Spellstrike seems bad for the character as well, won't be able to fuel it much, plus I don't plan on being in melee at all. I'm much more looking for base stats + utility. Thus the indecision about the classes I'm looking at. Fighter has good stats and lots of feats but I don't think I need more combat stuff, Slayer is even more focused on the murdering but does get more skill points, Aegis is entirely passive and can even get me a PoW stance, Mageknight has Stalwart plus the mega-dwarf spell resist, even Unchained Monk looks good but the wis focus doesn't match up well.
>>
>>51766682
Well yeah, I'd say rumors are at the very least common for someone of that strength, but as a counterpoint I will say that in Pathfinder-esque worlds it's more likely than not that for every world-changing adventure we as characters play there's probably like 4 more that happen that the average Joe probably never hears about, and it's more likely than not that at least one of those was a lich building a secret army of undead.
>>
>>51766760
Yes, but you were selected for this mission by the Taldan government. There has to be a reason for that.
>>
Who here is waiting for Paizo to try a mythic campaign again, this time with another big threat the gods have to team up together to try and solve.

I want to see the old team get back together, Torag, Abadar, and Asmodeus.
>>
>>51765712
Honestly as far as optimizing goes, that's pretty tame. Go for it, have Approximate Knowledge of Several Things.
>>
>>51766666
>Fujitora

Pretty neat example, Mega-Satan. I see you are a devil of good taste.

>>51766785
Unfortunately, this is also true.

>>51766933
They'll never do it, anon.
>>
Page 8, time for a new thread.

>>51767052
>>51767052
>>51767052
>>51767052
>>
>>51767002
Hah, I didn't even notice that at first, good catch there. I wish I'd been posting about Doflamingo instead, that would have been probably more fitting.
>>
>>51762099

There's already like 3 wizards, man. I kinda don't wanna make an Arcanist now.

What are some not-wizards that can stand equal to wizards? Please no Summoner
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.