[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: This-guy.jpg (20KB, 397x239px) Image search: [Google]
This-guy.jpg
20KB, 397x239px
So I noticed people only really post "That Guy" threads. Why not talk about This Guy instead?
Just post your greentext stories for This Guy.
>>
>>51759385

This guy stories don't have the fundamental, underlying tension and horror that That Guy stories can generate.

The land of the happy people is very nice to live in, but very boring to hear about.
>>
>GM runs 3 other games every week.
>Still has time for our game
>Runs higher level games
>Doesn't railroad
>Is always on time and has great worldbuilding.
>>
>>51759463
Hey, This Guy can sometimes be really awesome in terms of what he does in roleplay.
So at least that can go in.
Plus, This Guy standing up to That Guy can be interesting.
>>
The people who post "That Guy" threads are a small group that like to just bitch about people behind their backs. They exaggerate and lie to spin up interest in their stories, and you can't really do that for "This Guy" threads without looking like a dick-licking faggot.

Basically, "this" and "that" guy threads are both awful, but "that guy" threads persists because it's a lot easier to bitch.
>>
>>51759547
"This Guy" can be about awesome roleplay from really enjoyable players.
Jeez, 4chan can never lighten up can it.
>>
>>51759547
>without looking like a dick-licking faggot.
Speaking of, my "this guy" was a 10/10 dick-licking faggot. The kind of dude so manly you actually feel a bit gar. Not flaming at all- just really awesome and manly and badass and did stuff IRL and in game that made me swoon (which amused him).

Guess he was a natural thespian too. Always got into character. Not just accents but body language changed with every PC or NPC he played. Intelligent plots and worldbuilding. Depth and detail.

Then he got not-married to some typical faggot and became a hermit. I miss him sorely.
>>
File: 1482913215183.jpg (22KB, 500x536px)
1482913215183.jpg
22KB, 500x536px
>>51759385
>2016
>Oh god, a new campaign. Bet all of my players are going to be fucking edgelords again.
>Oh boy, two Paladins, THIS won't go to shit.
>Huh. They're actually getting invested in the world.
>Tavern fire, bitches! What are you going to-
>Oh fuck they're actually fighting the flames with the rest of the town.
>Okay. . . You hear cries from withi-
>Okay, yeah, you find the child on the second floor, but now you're surrounded by flames, now what?
>Did this nigga just use his single shot magic cannon to blast through the floor? To save a NPC?

And that was when I realized my entire group were a bunch of 'This Guy's. They went on to ride a spaceship to the moon whilst dueling a sentient rocket before punching Fear, literal anthropomorphized Fear, in the face and through some unbreakable chains.
>>
File: That Paladin Guy.jpg (219KB, 1420x469px)
That Paladin Guy.jpg
219KB, 1420x469px
>>51759385
I think pic related counts.
>>
Why not talk about That Girl or This Girl?
>>
>>51759679
lmao cuck
>>
File: 1486968144419.jpg (121KB, 707x1000px)
1486968144419.jpg
121KB, 707x1000px
>>51767663
>Have two women in my Shadowrun group
>One plays a mage, sits silently at the end of the table the whole session, has to be reminded of her gear, spells, rules for said spells.
>Pretty sure she has not read the rule book past the character creation rules.
>When I asked her to provide some backstory, she just recycled what she had written for a fantasy RPG she played the year before.
>The other is a razor girl, wrote 30 pages of backstory, starting from her childhood to her ascension through the ranks of the Yakuza. Pretty rough stuff, didn't think she was capable of that.
>Constantly leads the team into small side-quests, forcing me to improvise on the spot and providing lots of memorable moments for the players.
>Hosts the game at her place, cooks every once in a while. For a special Halloween session, she spent the entire day baking a brain-shaped chocolate cake.
>A few weeks after her first session (and first TTRPG experience), she asked me to come at her place, said she had a surprise for me.
>She drew the entire thing as a comic book.
>We're still recording every session to this day so that she can draw them later.
>>
>>51759385
>Running fantasy RP with generic system
>Everyone is playing animal people for whatever reason
>Nobody is into furshit, but one friend keeps making sexual jokes and generally being annoying
>One guy is really good with quips, and playing a fast-talking smartass character
>Eventually we get fed up with that guy's sexual jokes as they constantly take us out of the setting and make everything awkward
>This Quip guy's character starts roasting that guy's character constantly
>Considering That Guy's character was a dumbstrong alligator, he had plenty to work with
>Bad jokes everywhere, he's hamming it up, we're all laughing
>The laughter drowns out any of the shitty innuendos and weird questions that guy was posing
>The night is saved

Ah, that was some good shit. Don't even know why I invited That Guy in. He's always been weird, ever since highschool. Huge attention whore, and if he doesn't get it he just makes things awkward in order to get it. The funny thing is that not only was his character too dumb to really come up with great responses, he himself was not great at it, so every time he made a dumb comment he was basically just BTFO
>>
>>51759679
>tfw role-cucked

>>51769174
Holy shit, she's a keeper. Marry her so she's forced to game with you for eternity
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.