/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is even the difference between chaotic neutral

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1438914123257.jpg (123KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1438914123257.jpg
123KB, 572x303px
What the fuck is even the difference between chaotic neutral and neutral evil? You're basically some self-centered asshole either way.
>>
With chaotic neutral, it's more about yourself and what you hold dear, whereas with neutral evil it's more about just yourself, since evil would tend more towards discarding what's unnecessary or not the best.
>>
>>51758337
Chaotic Neutral is Jack Sparrow. Self-Centered Asshole, but still capable of having friends and doing nice things.
>>
>>51758337

A chaotic neutral opposes law. He fights for freedom and is against both King Arthur and Stalin, because good or bad, they take away your freedom.
A neutral evil character doesn't care about freedom and will happily support or oppose it whenever it benefits him.
If both characters encounter a slave caravan, the chaotic neutral will fight the overseers and free the slaves, while the neutral evil will kill the overseers and sell them himself. The CN will be content if he can just drive off the overseers, (though killing them would probably be a fine way to keep them from continuing their wicked business) while the NE will want to make sure they're dead so they can't tell anyone in the next city that those slaves he's proferring are actually stolen property.
>>
>>51758337

Chaotic Neutral isn't necessarily entirely selfish. They are bound by no laws and in general will do what they think is a good idea. They're the "damn the consequences" alignment.

Neutral Evil is all about being completely self-centered and self serving. You are not above hurting people if it's the easiest route to get what you want, though you might have more of a structured, meticulous method to your madness than a chaotic character.
>>
It's a way to play as an evil character with a moralising GM. Just don't tell him.
>>
>2016+1
>still playing games with allignment
What is wrong with you faggots?
>>
>>51758337
whether you're aligned to Chaos or Evil

duh
>>
File: Gygax's Guide to Alignment.png (375KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gygax's Guide to Alignment.png
375KB, 640x450px
>>51759495

Single axis alignment is sweet, anon. Who doesn't want to do battle against the forces of Arioch, Lord of Chaos, marshaled under the banner of the eight-pointed star?
>>
File: 1428139996252.jpg (1MB, 999x999px) Image search: [Google]
1428139996252.jpg
1MB, 999x999px
>>51758337

Chaotic Neutral looks prettier, and therefore cannot be judged as evil.

Neutral Evil tends to use charisma as a dump stat, so they find it harder convince the multiverse to keep their alignment from shifting into E territory whenever they randomly attack someone.
>>
Chaotic Neutral looks out for its own interests, but is not willing to seriously harm others to get what it wants, which is what characterizes Evil alignments. Chaotic Neutral also resents and actively opposes social structures, governments, and traditions, and the influence they have on the individual, whereas Neutral Evil is fundamentally ambivalent to them, or at least doesn't do that much about them one way or the other.
>>
netural evil is "i don't care what happens to everyone but me" chaotic evil is "fuck everyone who's not me"

it's a subtle difference.
>>
>>51758337

You get a minor alignment penalty for slaying and eating one, but not the other.
>>
File: Caotic Neutral.gif (14KB, 466x670px) Image search: [Google]
Caotic Neutral.gif
14KB, 466x670px
I was actually thinking of this last night, "How to best explain alignments as I understand them?", and I came up with this.

Presented with a with a box that dispenses a gold coin every time a button is pushed, but somewhere an orphan gets stabbed to death, how would a character each alignment most likely react?

LG
>I must report this to the authorities and help ensure that the villains behind this monstrosity are brought to justice
NG
>I must stop whoever is stabbing these orphans before more innocents suffer!
CG
>I'm going to find whoever is stabbing these orphans, stop them, and take all their gold
LN
>Stabbing orphans without a permit? Not on my watch!
TN(modern interpretation)
>I really like gold, but I don't like killing orphans, I'll only push the button if I really need to
TN(Balance/Archaic)
>I'm going to push this button and then donate the gold to the no-longer crowded orphanage
CN
>Fuck your arbitrary rules box, I'm gonna figure out how to get the gold without pushing the button!
LE
>There must be a more efficient way to convert dead orphans into gold...
NE
>Muwahahahaha, this is everything I never knew I always wanted!
CE
>Gold is nice and everything, but stabbing orphans is its own reward
>>
>>51758337
A Chaotic Neutral character is one who acts within their own interests, and often does whatever they can to better life for themselves. That may mean doing good or bad, but they do not care about the journey, only that the outcome is positive for them.

Conversely, a Neutral Evil character is one that does evil deeds. They do not aim to cause random acts of evil (CE) and they do not necessarily follow any rules(LE). They do not do good deeds though, or at least they are not fans of doing good deeds. A NE character is not looking to get rich quick or become famous like a CN character, they are actively trying to be evil.
>>
Good = charitable
Neutral = selfish
Evil = ruthless
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.