[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>My character is CRAZY.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 32

File: 1470292151947.png (283KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470292151947.png
283KB, 640x640px
>My character is CRAZY.
>>
>>51751193
I hate the method acting meme.
>>
File: 1419358933300.jpg (111KB, 625x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419358933300.jpg
111KB, 625x720px
>>51751536
Not only is method acting weak, but in Suicide Squad the Joker and Harley Quinn are parodies of themselves. I know the Joker has multiple incarnations (considering this guy is probably older than most of our parents it's inevitable) but what he generally shared was being an unscrupulous killer with a dark sense of humor. Somehow this ended up being a justification for "LOL SO RANDUMB, BUT ALSO EVIL XD".
>>
>>51751536
it's legit, but very few people can pull it off. Leto, not even undertstanding the character of joker fucked it beyond repair
>>
>>51751193

He can't keep getting away with it.
>>
>>51751193
Is this villainy as understood by an idiot? Maybe this is why Dorritos interpretation of the Joker was so bad was because he thought he was playing a different person....in a different movie....
>>
>>51751828
I just want a return to the old style Joker who actually played massive criminal pranks.

I'm so sick of the edgy shit.
>>
>>51751828
>>51751536
Method acting is technically unnecessary if you're that good an actor, but I find it glorious, a hardcore expression of your dedication to your craft. The problem is when an actor doesn't know how to accurately portray a character in a good way. You could say "Oh, but it's always up to the actor to invent the character!" but there are always good and bad ways to do it as with any other task in the world.

Jared Leto is a great actor, but his joker is weak and therefore his behaviour off-set during this didn't go down well.

t. hollywood actor
>>
>>51751193
>BATMAN'S GREATEST BONER
>>
>>51751855

Not sure the writers understood the joker either.
>>
File: timf.png (19KB, 141x150px) Image search: [Google]
timf.png
19KB, 141x150px
>>51751193
>My character is crazy, but behaves in a consistent way according to a warped perception of reality that can be understood once you know the specific delusions
>>
>>51751878
If I'm not mistaken, the original Joker WAS edgy. I'm no comic books expert, but generally American capeshit is divided into the Golden Age (30s-60s), Silver Age (60s-90s) and Bronze Age (90s-present).

Golden Age Joker was edgy as fuck. He was originally intended to be a one-off mass murderer with a gimmick, but was popular enough to stick around. Still, he was a mass murder and he did kill people, often in a way that displayed a sense of dark humor.

The one who played the massive criminal pranks where nobody seriously got hurt was the one from the Silver Age, because for some reason (maybe some /co/tard can provide details, I think it had something to do with the media blaming comic books for violence among children) American comics started self-censoring. This is where Batman got his "no killing" rule and where Joker became a prankster who only wanted money and never really harmed anyone.

The Bronze Age swung everything back in the opposite direction. Now the Joker was once again back to being a mass murderer but, in a reaction to the Silver Age, he had to become incredibly psychologically """complex""" and Batman had to become dark and brooding.

tl;dr: He was always kind of edgy. Just not this edgy.

>>51751888
>t. hollywood actor
You serious, tripman?

>>51751907
I like that too. Though I like the idea of the Joker behaving in ways that make absolutely no sense at all. Batman is a highly intelligent character and can always rationalize the intentions and modus operandi of his enemy. What would make for a better arch-nemesis than one that behaves entirely against what is logical? One that simply cannot be understood? One that goes against everything Batman usually employs to fight crime?
>>
>>51751899
At least we're positive they didn't get the Harley/Joker relationship. It's supposed to be a one sided love, abusive relationship, yet here it's Romeo and Juliet.
>>
>>51751888
>Hollywood actor

Vin Diesel is that you?
>>
>>51751927
>Golden Age Joker was edgy as fuck. He was originally intended to be a one-off mass murderer with a gimmick, but was popular enough to stick around. Still, he was a mass murder and he did kill people, often in a way that displayed a sense of dark humor
That's because he, like Batman, were both rip off of characters from The Shadow. This was the era of Batman packing two pistols, so I don't really consider it indicative of the evolved Batverse.

I'm okay with Joker harming people, but Ledger's Joker has basically devoured all other incarnations. Now Joker does shit like tear his face off and wear it and capture and turn other women into Harley Quinn.
>>
>>51751927
Joker's edginess only is seen as such mostly due to how society is right now. It's like.. 90% a case of perspective. Things the people of the day didn't bat an eye at, we might see as cringey, edgy or particularly tryhard.

LetoJoker just kindof FREAKED out with it. I can't tell if it's genious or not now that I think about it. "What if he did a great portrayal of an older joker but we're just too sensitive to cringe to notice?" VS "Society decides everything, doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, LetoJoker is terrible as he's in the now, not in the 50s"

And yes I'm serious, but don't get me wrong, I'm not some bigshot.
>>
File: Blood_Glutton.jpg (427KB, 595x822px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Glutton.jpg
427KB, 595x822px
>My character is CRAZY.
>it's a bulimic
Malkavian done right.
>>
>My character is crazy.
>He has major depression and sociophobia.
>>
>>51751992
There is a valid point here.

Most of us nowadays would cringe at the early batman movie, yet at the time it was pretty normal.
>>
>>51751992
>And yes I'm serious, but don't get me wrong, I'm not some bigshot.
Still, you already have a foot in the industry. Who knows what might happen in time. Think back to your fellow basement dwellers when you make it to the top, bruh. And if you're going to do something extravagant, at least make a real life dungeon or something.
>>
>>51752010
You can see it in a lot of things. Sad to say some of the Mel Brooks movies that I found gutbusting back in the day now make me cringe at best. Rob Hood Men in Tights particularly but thankfully Spaceballs is still pretty baller[

>>51752014
Yeah, thank you heh. I've been here for years, I'm nobody special. I just like film and managed to get somewhere. I'm interested in behind the camera roles too.

As for dungeon, how about a travelling tea/antique/bookstore on a yacht? Trinkets from all over the world!
>>
No you know what was crazy?
Tuskegee syphilis experiments.
That stuff was fucking nuts man.
>>
>>51752053
>he doesn't like Men In Tights

fuck you
>>
>>51752092
I do, but it just didn't age that well for me.
>>
>>51751927
Leto joker is not edgy, he is more or less a juggolo with too much money on his hands. The took a gangsta thug nigger, added a bit of lolrundumb and mafia into the mix and tada, you have leto's joker
>>
File: THIS IS KATANA.png (2MB, 2560x1066px) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS KATANA.png
2MB, 2560x1066px
>>51751193
>my character is a KATANA
>>
>>51752499
>Slipknot
>The man who can climb anything
Funny, he wouldn't be out of place in the silver age among such illustrous villains like Kiteman: the man who flies a kite.
>>
>My character is crazy.
>He has synesthesia.
>>
>>51752585

Or Crazy Quilt, or Calender Man, or Condiment King or Egghead or King Tut or indeed any number of villains from the Lego Batman movie.
>>
>>51752759
Or, you know, Captain Boomerang. The guy who throws boomerangs.
>>
>>51751899
No one working on that movie understood anything.

Up to and including "how to make a movie good."
>>
>>51752853
Hey, Boomerang was one of the few good parts of SS.
>>
>>51751888
>t. hollywood actor

Hi Mr Diesel, whats it like being the alpha-nerd?
>>
>>51752893
Oh, I agree he was awesome. But seriously, he's a wacky concept.
Which makes him even better.
>>
>>51752879
>script written in 6 weeks
>studio definitely had a hand in rushing and changing stuff
>editing team is the one that makes their trailers

At that point you didn't even need to see the movie to know it would be a mess. The script is the biggest flaw though. I swear it's a crime, when you have good scenarios like in the Arkham games, yet the movies, that have a significantly greater budget and impact are so shit at writing.
>>
>>51751888
Post proof Mr. Gas
>>
>>51752853

Should have made "Captain Boomerang" an insulting moniker people use because he's Australian. He wanted to be called something else, but once the press got hold of it, that was that. Now his eye twitches whenever someone refers to him as that, but he tries not to show it. He even pretends to love it, hoping that will encourage people to call him anything else.
Even Stick In Rectum Man would be in on it.
His actual abilities are IEDs.
>>
>>51752933

Oh when everyone works together as a team and becomes somewhat friendlier, defeating the big bad, they decide they will call him something else.

Captain Didgeridoo.
>>
>>51751927
>Bronze Age (90s-present)
WRONG.

The "Bronze Age" of comics is largely considered to run from 1970 to 1985. From then you move into what's known as the "iron age" or "modern age" where things got far less stupidly childish and cartoony but got stupidly gritty and edgy because MATUR COMICS FER ADUWTS, (the lowest point, the 90s POUCHES AND GUNS era is also known as "the Dark Age"). In a few years comics fags will probably decide we've split into a new "age" some time around the late 2000s as the tone of most major publications has started to shift again.
>>
>>51751828
I am now imagining that Leto killed one or two people for the sake "getting into character".
>>
>>51752951
Or everyone starts arguing over his new name. Captain Koala, Captain Wombat, Captain Dingos-ate-my-baby.
>>
File: vermin_supreme_NHIOP_forum.jpg (368KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
vermin_supreme_NHIOP_forum.jpg
368KB, 1024x683px
I once played a CUHRAYZEE fish malk'ish character.
Thankfully it ended up being fun for all parties involved.

I think the main reason why it worked, and I think this could make or break other coo coo for coco puffs characters, is that I wasn't the star of the show.
I purposefully played a second fiddle in our group of heroes, and I never hogged the lime light from others.
My character was always doing something stupid, but it was happening in the background.
Only if it seemed like the story wasn't going anywhere, I did something to drive the plot forward.

Also I was actually useful mechanically so I wasn't just a dribbling idiot.
>>
>>51752893
No. There are no good parts of SS
>>
>>51753033

>He actually kind of likes that last one
>He's even singled out a Holden to call the Babyeatermobile
>His own stumbling block is that that he can't get anyone to make his monstrously culturally insensitive logo for his suit.
>>
>>51751888
>t. hollywood actor

how many Hollywood actors can there be on /tg/ anyway?
and how many of them steal plots and characters from here?
>>
>>51752893
Can you name his impact on the movie? What did he do apart from that non sensical boomerang camera
>>
>>51751193

Players like these: Go fuck yourself.

There's nothing to ruin a campaign as one idiot's insistence on try to steal the spotlight on him/herself with "LOL my character is crazy, what's you gonna do?!".
>>
>>51753203
Honestly "mere presence not making the movie worse" counts as "best part" for Shitshow Squad.
>>
>>51751828
But I liked Leto's Joker.

Sure it wasn't Ledger (OMG so bestest actor 4eva!!?!) but he had character and certainly did his own thing.

Also I was happily surprised by Robbie's Harley, she did good.

Delevingne wasn't good tho.
>>
>>51751888
trips confirm vinn diesel
vinn diesel what's your favourite system and what kinds of characters do you like to make, or what tone campaign do you like?
>>
>>51753203
Some good jokes? Comic relief is an important part of some films, like it or not.
>>
>>51753285
Objectively shit taste.
>>
>>51751888
>t. hollywood actor
You're that one guy from Sharknado 2, aren't you?
>>
File: junkrat.png (112KB, 210x281px) Image search: [Google]
junkrat.png
112KB, 210x281px
>>51752933
>His actual abilities are IEDs.
>>
>>51752853

Man, I am really bitter over what they did with his son in Blackest Night.

>Hey, let's take the guy who was friends with Nightwing and Supergirl, who worked like hell to prove himself and make him into a deranged serial killer feeding people to zombies.
>>
>>51751536
What do you,fags,have against Stanislavski's system?
>>
>>51753903

Was Stanislavski the crazy child molester or am I thinking of Brecht?
>>
>>51751968
>>51752897
>>51753295
Does Vin Diesel really post on 4chan?
Will he ever admit to being a fa/tg/uy?
>>
>>51754040
It's safe to assume that they were all crazy child molesters.
>>
>>51751888
You are a pretty cool guy, Mr. Diesel
>>
>>51751927
>I'm no comic books expert, but generally American capeshit is divided into the Golden Age (30s-60s), Silver Age (60s-90s) and Bronze Age (90s-present).

Yeah we can tell :D
>>
>>51753285
best Joker was and will be Luke Skywalker
>>
>>51754058
Why would Vin Diesel spell behavior like a foreigner
>>
>>51753130
I kinda wonder if there are any famous people posting on 4chan

I'm pretty sure Keanu Reaves browses at least some of the boards
>>
>>51754232
/r9k/?
>>
>>51754058
>Will he ever admit to being a fa/tg/uy?
He admited he loves D&D multiple times
I'm pretty sure Riddick is based on his game
>>51754254
well, he dates a trap
>>
>>51754189
Mark Hamill is such a gift to Mankind. His twitter is proof of that.
>>
>>51754259
>he dates a trap

Say what?
>>
>>51752879
A bunch of shit was cut from the movie, mind you. Even if you were to take it in the context of a capeshit movie and just have fun with it, the pacing absolutely blows donkey dick and a lot of good stuff was cut by the producers meddling with it, thinking they knew what would sell.
>>
>>51754293
Technically, it DID sell, it sold really well.

I mean I went to see it, but god, if studios start pumping out shit like this because SS made a lot of money, it's going to be bad.
>>
>>51754279
I can't find it but his gf is barerly passable transsexual girl
>>
>>51754366
Eh, I've seen worse.
>>
>my character is CRAZY
>acts normal most of the time
>only uses insanity to justify reckless, impulsive and stupid decisions
>>
>>51754338
It sold because of trailers + people were interested in the premise. They nailed that part. But the actual movie was trod on by the producers and toned down to give it a PG-13 rating rather than R. If they'd had left the creators alone and let them go with an R rating like Deadpool I think it would've been much more fun. The Suicide Squad comics were far far darker than the movie was.
>>
>>51752499
I was really waiting for this scene to become the new Bane posting. It had so much potential.
>>
>>51754058
Admit to browsing /tg/ probably never, if he even browses, but his powerlevel is hardly a secret.
>>
>>51754626
It's much easier to place "big guy/something" "for you" somewhere. All it takes is for something/someone to be slightly bigger than average.
>>
>>51754652
That's actually pretty cool. You wouldn't expect the dude who plays the muscled tough slightly dumb guy to play TTRPG.
>>
>>51751899
Warner Bros are the guys who won't let the "comic book people" near the scripts for their comic book movies because they "can't write movies". Of course the writers didn't understand the characters.
>>
>>51754689
Dude unironically wanted to make a vidya on his own studio about his D&D character named Melkor, of all names.
The guy gives no fucks. Sadly the studio is defunct in all but name.
>>
File: 1477549625650.gif (128KB, 400x251px) Image search: [Google]
1477549625650.gif
128KB, 400x251px
>My character is insane.
>Everyone expects him to be lolrandom
>>
>>51751536
Hey, Heath Ledger was a good method actor. Leto, on the other hand just used it as an excuse to be a chaotic stupid asshole.
>>
>>51754904
Heath Ledger got into character by skateboarding
>>
>>51752956
That's also wrong. The Dark Age is considered part of the Bronze Age which is largely considered a deconstruction of the Silver Age. Heroes were mentally unstable, and addicted to drugs, and "hyper violence" ran rampant.

The modern era, (about 2000-present) is considered the time of reconstruction. The critique that the Bronze Age brought fourth are kept in mind, but the grittier parts are toned down, and many of the sillier and sometimes childish elements of the Silver Age are brought back but reinvented so that they function consistently with the now more serious world of the comics.

That said, the first guys timeframe was off on more than one point. The Silver Age started already in the 40's around the time when America got involved in WWII. This was the time when comics tried to sell you war bonds and stamps and when Superman said that "it's ok to slap a jap" and so on.
>>
>>51752893
If Boomer had made a single racist joke/comment I would have instantly given the movie a 5/10 it was okay
But he didn't so its true score of 2 for being godfuckingawful stands.
>>
>>51753285
Yes, he did do his own thing. His own thing just happened to be stupid, unfunny, and all around kinda shitty. What did you find likable about his performance?
>>
>>51751193
I actually kind of liked Leto's Joker.

He's not Ledger, no, but Ledger's Joker had clear motives. He hated being thought of as crazy or a freak - he wanted to prove everyone was as bad as him, including Batman. Despite what he said in the film, he had a clear plan that he adapted as he went.

Leto, meanwhile, is a gangster, but a seriously unhinged one. He reminded me of the drug dealer in Breaking Bad who gets high on his own supply and stabs his friends, but with more laughter. You're always on edge around him because you don't know what he wants or what he's going to do next.

The method acting part was dumb and unnecessary, though.
>>
>>51752154
>>51752092

It has a few jokes that do fall genuinely flat. It's still pretty funny, but it has aged poorly.

Blazing Saddles, on the other hand, is still fucking hilarious from start to end.
>>
>>51754189
Likewise, Batman: Assault on arkham was best suicide squad movie.
>>
File: BLIi8a.gif (4MB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
BLIi8a.gif
4MB, 400x229px
>>51754189
Amen
Now this was a motherfucker who was CuhRazay, but was an actual intelligent threat who walked that thin line between edgy and hammy.
And it was great
>>
>>51754232
Reeves is responsible for most of the /ak/ threads on /k/.
You heard it here first.
He is a massive Bebopfag and also operator as fuck.
>>
File: Schwarbage.jpg (78KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarbage.jpg
78KB, 900x900px
>>51754189
>>51755846
My gentlemen of Nubian descent.

Ledger's Joker lacks a critical bit, he isn't fucking funny.

Leto's Joker is pic related.
>>
>>51751927
Batman got his no-kill rule in 1940 shortly after the introduction of Robin when he began gaining popularity among children and moving away from the darker pulp stories that were ripped off from The Shadow. The no-kill rule happened right after Joker's first appearance, as a result of the same issue even. Seduction of the Innocent, which caused the Comics Code, wasn't published until 1954.
>>
>>51755986
Lmao really? I mean, he sure shows some proper guns skills in his trainings for John Wick (going to see the 2 tonight hopefully) but Reeves being on 4chan?
...Actually, it kinda makes sense.
>>
>>51755152
You just know Will Smith was trying to work out how he could kill Leto and blame of it on Jaden.

"How can the charges be real if my skin isn't real?"
>>
>>51756308
Smithis also one of the reasons the script was shit imo.

I'm willing to bet he came in with his several pages of reclamations about his character if they wanted him in the movie. They tried wayyyy too hard to make him a good guy, and in turn all the others got so little screentime it's ridiculous.
>>
>>51751193
>"On set, things were crazy. It was like a freaking insane asylum. One time, Will Smith asked for sugar for his coffee... and I fucked him in the ass."
- Jared Leto, Suicide Squad.
>>
>>51756436
Now that's a movie I'd watch. Billed as a huge, dark superhero blockbuster. Actually 90 minutes of Will Smith getting fucked in the ass by cast members while he screams and scrabbles and tries to escape.
>>
File: 1155504.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1155504.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>51756491
>Now that's a movie I'd watch.
>90 minutes of Will Smith getting fucked in the ass
>he screams and scrabbles and tries to escape.

End your life.
>>
>>51756541
But how? Wild Wild West? After Earth? Bagger Vance? There's so many shitty choices!
>>
>>51756308
Smith should have just been the joker. White face paint, and 'you know I'm black, right?' every so often.
He's a funny man, he'd have been able to do the joker justice. More than the unknown guy, anyway.
>>
>>51754189
I really liked Brave and the Bold's Joker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iSYAV2lp5c
>>
Low CHA insanity is pretty cool and easy af to roleplay. Like that quiet and reserved mage or rogue who only speaks when spoken to, and when he talks nothing he says is coherent or makes any sense. When he does show insight, it's usually through actions and not the words that are paired with them. A character like this is enigmatic, low effort (you don't even have to specify what the origins of his insanity are because there's no rhyme or reason to it) and doesn't hog the spotlight because no one knows what he's talking about or cares to know what he's talking about, they just keep him around because he's good at doing shit. Once you get so off the wavelength of other people they just cease to give a shit about trying to figure out your 2deep story, which you can't narrate effectively anyway because your character is so unreliable.

Female characters like this can be cool too because their obvious vulnerability will often draw predatory, unwanted male attention that they won't know how to deal with except with extreme fear, inappropriate reciprocity or by summoning moonbeasts to kill them.
>>
>>51751888
What's with all these anons calling you Van Diesel?
>>
>>51757522
Whoops, meant *Vin* Diesel.
>>
>>51757522
Diesel is a HUGE NUUURRD cuz he likes dee and dee :^)
>>
>>51757522
People assume that he's the most likely hollywood actor to browse /tg/
Although I personally think it was Tommy Wiseau
>>
>>51751907
Otherwise known as how Malkavians are meant to be played.
>>
>>51758099
>Tommy Wiseau
He's too fucking insane for 4chan.
>>
>>51758991
>too insane
>for 4chan
as if you could be
>>
>>51754232
At least one of the Trumps posted on /pol/ during the election. They posted a datestamped picture of part of their credit card.
>>
>>51754232
It's suspected that Dane DeHaan posted on /tv/ once.
>>
File: CKK8kId.gif (2MB, 318x241px) Image search: [Google]
CKK8kId.gif
2MB, 318x241px
>>51753408
>tfw ogresquash has fucking better characterisation than SS
>even though half of it is just fucking fanon
>>
File: anon_t_swift_4chan[1].jpg (635KB, 2029x2421px) Image search: [Google]
anon_t_swift_4chan[1].jpg
635KB, 2029x2421px
>>51754232
>>
>>51752585
>kiteman
Hell yeah.
>>
>>51752759
It's too bad that Condiment King was actually created in the 90's.
>>
>>51757522
It's cause Vin's the most famous /tg/ Hollywood Actor. But no, I'm not him and I've never met him (I wish though). My highest achievement was feeding Captain Flint a strawberry.

>>51758099
Fuck I wish I was Wiseau.
>>
>>51757580
Well he also named Morrowind and a pretty obscure but good game I can't remember as some of his favourite games, so there's that.
>>
>>51761497
well of course it would have fanon, that kinda comes with having fans
>>
>>51761782
Don't forget that he was so annoyed by the poor quality of movie tie-in video games that he started his own game development studio
>>
File: C4P6__YUMAAVmRa.jpg (108KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
C4P6__YUMAAVmRa.jpg
108KB, 494x750px
>>51754189
>>
>>51751193
>Implying a Jared Lelto joker wouldn't be great
>The perfect foil for the dark'n'edgy batman
>>
>>51762825

>The perfect foil for the dark'n'edgy batman

He wasn't even dark n edgy batman. He was spergy unpleasant batman.
>>
>>51761650
>My highest achievement was feeding Captain Flint a strawberry.
I own every movie iteration of Treasure Island in existence (even that furry cartoon from the 90s) and I will find you.
>>
>>51754232
Scott Lynch (author of Lies of Locke LaMora) has visited /tg/ multiple times and revealed himself. We even got into a discussion with him about how awful his female characters are how he can improve them. We'll see if he took any of our advice when The Thorn of Emberlane finally comes out.
>>
as much as i like ledger as an actor his joker and the dark knight movies were a giant pile of shit just like suicide squad
at least sq had that hot af scene with leto jumping into the tank
>>
>>51761857
And Escape from Butcher's Bay was a pretty damn good game
>>
>>51763445
Get out underageb&, and improve your spelling and grammar, and punctuation, basically, everything about your writing skills.
>>
>>51756961

I think the best part of the Emperor Joker comic is that it was starring Superman and not Batman, I like when they change up hero and villain dynamics like that.
Also the resolution revolves around Superman pointing out that Joker is SUPER gay for Batman, to the point where he's incapable of erasing him from existence and that's just classic.
It's unfortunate B:BaTB didn't have the rights for Superman as of that season.
>>
>>51757244
It's the combination of high and crazy that is hard. You either end up going the Joker route or the strong-silent-axe-murderer route. The character in the last obviously understands human interaction, but doesn't bother with it. Means you've occasionally got to have them perk up and have them act charming and polite to back up whoever isn't a complete arsehole in the party and leave people going 'what' while he wanders off to butcher a puppy. Or whatever to indulge particular flavour of non-fishmalk insanity the character's nuttiness takes.
>>
>>51762982
>even that furry cartoon from the 90s)
There was a furry one? Which one was that?
>>
>>51761497
I've always wanted to know the context of this gif.
>>
>>51764153
Muppet Treasure Island?
>>
>>51751828
>method acting weak
Tell that to Daniel Day Lewis. The man is a God among actors and he method acts.

>>51751193
Crazy is relative. You can play a crazy character, but they need to work with the party. Having suicidal bravery, for example, works for crazy and for a party.
>>
>>51761497
I love this gif. You can tell that black backpack knocks the kid the fuck out. Leg twitches sideways then he falls out of the chair.
>>
>>51754232
Keanu definitely posts on k, he is a major three-guns competitor.
>>
>>51764413
>muppets
>furry
Go shove starfish down your pants!
>>
>>51751828
honestly liked harley in the fight but she was too obessed with the joker, which basically goes back to the joker being shit in this movie. could have worked if this wasn't a shit joker. mark hammil in a wheel chair could have done a better job.
>>
>>51765489
Mark Hamil is the best Joker.
>>
>>51755152
>with more laughter
what laughter? that guy laughs less than a regular person.
>>
>>51765545
sure but he's also old and looks like luke skywalker.
>>
>>51765489
>>51765545
Mark Hamil would even sorta looks like Jack Nicholson did in Tim Burton's Batman.
>>
>>51755152
Your taste is a shit. Objectively a shit.

>>51765572
And? Doesn't change the fact he's the best Joker hands down.

The next Batman movie should be a Batman Beyond. Hamil could literally play a wheelchair bound Joker and still be a great villain.
>>
>>51765586
Or two jokers. Wheelchair Hamil vs the team of Baffleck and Joker-Leto. That way we're guaranteed to see Joker Leto get the living shit kicked out of him while batman makes smug comments about evil not sticking together.
>>
>>51751979
>was packing two pistols

Wrong.

Why must you lie to people?
>>
>>51765717
Actual Joker v the Jokerz gang from Batman Beyond? I can see it.

Last Jokerz member standing becomes the new Joker to match the new Batman.
>>
>>51756146
>The no-kill rule happened right after Joker's first appearance

Wow, then he's really fucking bad at not-killing people, considering there's a scene in one of the earlier 1940's issues where he blows up a truck full of soldiers.
>>
>>51756038
>he isn't fucking funny

Yes he was.
>>
>>51756038
Ledger Joker was funny, but it was in a subtle and situational way. Most of the time, there are a handful of times where he tells a joke or pulls a prank.

You can't tell me that the scene in which he makes the pencil disappear you didn't laugh.
>>
>>51753285
Jared Leto committed the ultimate sin of playing a Joker - he wasn't funny.

The Joker can be many things, but on a fundamental level, he has to make you laugh. If he isn't doing that, then you're failing.

What made Ledger's Joker good was not, for example, the fact that he had a wonderful speech about the nature of chaos to Harvey Dent. What makes Ledger's Joker good is that he had a wonderful speech about the nature of Chaos to Harvey Dent that he delivered while dressed in drag. Drag is ALWAYS funny.

Again, it's not enough for The Joker to be deranged. He has to be FUNNY while being deranged. Leto was not.
>>
>>51752933
>Should have made "Captain Boomerang" an insulting moniker people use because he's Australian.

Australians are not so thin-skinned. And also your idea sounds terrible.
>>
>>51765835
He has tons of funny scenes.

>"Noooo, I kill the bus driver."
>"Bus driver?"
>[WHAM]

>"How 'bout a magic trick?"

>"LET HER GO!"
>[With a "seriously? You're making it this easy?" look on his face] "Very poor choice of words..."

>"They're gonna need a lot more to punch through this!"
>[Joker immediately pulls out a bazooka]

>[To Harvery, while in drag, in the most awkward voice possible] "Hiiii...."

>[Bomb blowing up hospital, doesn't go off as intended, until it does and Joker scampers out of there]

There are others, but those are just off the top of my head.
>>
>>51762982
Does that include the BBC miniseries?

If so, I'm so sorry that you watched it. It was truly atrocious.

Wait, does that mean you have the old Russian/Soviet one?
>>
>>51765914
Right, which was my point. But they're not really jokes or pranks like other Joker representations.

They're basically all situational, save the magic trick and him pulling out an RPG.
>>
>>51765962
A lot of them are situational comedy that involve situations that The Joker himself set up, so I'm not sure what your point is. They're not outright pranks, but they're still funny things The Joker is causing.

Which I guess is Heath Ledger (and Chris Nolan) making The Joker his (their) own character...without sacrificing the most important point: he has to be funny.

Which Leto wasn't. He was just kind of weird.
>>
>>51752499
HER SWORD TRAPS THE SOULS OF ITS VICTIMS
>>
>>51765914
Coolest fuckin thing about that movie. That scene where the joker tries to blow up the hospital and it doesn't work, totally ad libbed. The bomb was supposed to go off immediately, and they didn't have the money to blow everything up again. Dude kept his cool on camera and rolled with it, and the entire scene was better for it.
>>
>>51754259
I don't think Riddick actually is, but The Last Witch Hunter was straight up based on a witch hunter he played in DnD.
>>
>>51765914
apparently, that last part wasn't scripted. heath ledger basically ad libbed it pretty much as the joker would have, and they kept it in the final cut.
>>
>>51752053
Behind the camera rolls are fun-ish.
>>
>>51754689
he's openly stated - on several occasions - that he grew up playing D&D, and still plays TTRPGs.
>>
>>51754689
Have you not seen D&Diesel?
>>
>>51766364
Also The Last Witch Hunter felt like it could have been pulled from a game somewhat.
>>
>>51762857

The Accountant was a good movie.
>>
>>51755044
Pretty sure the Dark Age is considered its own distinct thing.

The Golden Age is original comics thru to the 1940s. The late 40s saw a drop in readership and it ended sometime around then.

The Silver Age begins with the publication of the first Barry Allen Flash comic, which saw a huge rise in comic sales again.

The Bronze Age began with the Spider-Man comic that was published without the Comics Code Authority's approval, because it depicted drug use (namely, a kid high on drugs thinks he can fly and jumps from a building; Spider-Man saves him).

The Dark Age began with the publication of The Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen. It's distinct from the Bronze Age because the Bronze Age simply dealt with more mature topics but the heroes were still fundamentally "heroic" in the traditional sense (in that they're trying to save people or improve the world/their neighborhood/etc.); the Dark Age saw "heroes" who are just trying to kill "bad guys" without much concern for actually doing good.

The Dark Age ended more or less with the publications of Kingdom Come and the "Knightsend" Batman comic series. That's the Modern Age.

I'd say we entered the post-Modern Age a few years ago, as a result of the proliferation of Event comics and the increasing trend towards diversity in comics - the New 52 for DC, and the Avengers NOW! run for Marvel.
>>
>>51766457
And what era is the current crop of things like Mockingbird, Lady Thor, etc, a part of? Or are they just nestled in the heard of the PoMo like a cancer?
>>
>>51766484
Like I said, that would be what I'm defining as the post-Modern Age. Although right now it's still "officially" part of the Modern Age, there hasn't been any kind of real recognition of an era change.
>>
File: 1356047605626.jpg (48KB, 128x136px) Image search: [Google]
1356047605626.jpg
48KB, 128x136px
I remember the forums for the Larp I go to had a girl introducing another girl she was bringing to game. Said girl's character was going to be "Part Jynx from League, part Harley Quinn, and part Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing Abridged".

Bitch barely talked or fought anything the whole game.
>>
I played a rich guy who thought his ancestors were talking to him in a play-by-post. He'd basically experience the whole game through that filter, with successful perception checks taking the form of a friendly ghost pointing things out to him and the like. It didn't help that I apparently played him exactly like real-life hallucinogen addicts act (according to another player who would know). Until late in the game none of the other characters were sure whether he was nuts or not and watching them play along with his nonsense in the belief that he was considering them for his inheritance was hilarious - that he actually wasn't nuts, but in fact a medium then issued in the part where we switched from mortals to WoD creatures.
>>
>>51765962
>They're basically all situational
So you're saying the Joker...used situational comedy and improv. And that wasn't funny?
>>
>>51766522

>part Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing Abridged

Do...do they not realize?
>>
>>51751927
for starters its the 'golden age, silver age, bronze age, dark age, iron age, modern age.' I suppose we'll be calling this the 'nu-age' soon enough.

For starters comics publishers were always conscious of their audience, the thing is early on comics had a very broad audience. Men, Women, Children. Workers, House Wives, bored teenagers. They were sold everywhere.

Yeah Batman started out as a rip off of the shadow, but Bill Finger and other writers eventually gave him his own style and mythos. To move him away from the shadow they started dropping his dark villains, he also had a detective subplot but no one to talk to so there's issues where he's just fucking talking to himself and explaining how he comes to a conclusion.

Batman was popular with kids and he needed a supporting character to be his watson. Enter Robin, the editors decided to tone him down and get kid bucks. Him being aimed at kids came from a marketing decision not the Comics Code Authority.

Enter Seduction of the Innocent, the usual 'POPULAR CULTURE IS BAD' shtick. You could compare it to the formation of the ESRB in 90s by various gaming companies to avoid the imposition of government control.

But where the ESRB is a neutral part designed to protect the public image of video games first, and to make shopping easier on the consumer second the Comics Code Authority became a blunt bludgeon that certain companies used to force their competition out of business.

Horror went first, War Comics next. Anything 'adult' was forced underground and DC and other publications at the time meanwhile pushed bland positive material. Their sales did great until Television and the evolving nature of Radio put forth complex narratives that started eating into their sales.

Eventually it was dissolved after the CCA's admins overstepped their authority by trying to block anti drug abuse stories the government asked DC comics to publish.
>>
>>51765586
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI
>>
>>51766202
You have that backwards, he ran a publicity one-shot where he played the character from the movie with Matt Mercer, and they made him a custom class called the Witch Hunter. Mercer had to change the name after, but its still around.
>>
>>51753118
>An Aussie not going home to find more mates to shitpost IRL with
But seriously, Australian have a kind of cultural reflex to back up bullshit stories from fellow Australians for fun, then never explain it was a joke. While the low hanging and obvious fruit is there, trolling is so much more fun when the other guy doesn't know he's being trolled
>>
>>51767164
I always heard the post-Dark Age era as being called the Modern Age, I wasn't aware that there was an Iron Age era.
>>
>>51754904
Heath Ledger's method acting killed him though.
>>
>>51767234
Iron Age is debatably a part of the Dark Age or Pre/Post Dark Age.

It boils down to works like Watchmen setting off a craze of copying the grim and gritty source material without examining the substance. Done properly a gritty superhero book can be fun. Fuck to this day DC pushes so many batbooks a lot of people are getting fucking sick of him and his pointlessly extended supporting caste full of Donut Steels doomed for the wayside like all his OTHER forgotten side characters.

Iron Age is the Dark Age but without BLOOD POUCH.

Arguably you could exist the Iron Age and the Dark Age can't be removed from one another but that's a different discussion.
>>
>>51766316
He wrote the foreword for one of the D&D manuals as well.
>>
>>51767259
No heath ledger overdosing on pills killed him, that wasn't method acting that was being stupid.
>>
File: consider the following.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>51763445
>>
>>51767270
after depression supposedly brought about during method acting period of the Joker.
>>
>>51767101
Realise what? That abridged series are cancer?
>>
>>51767306
supposedly brought by method acting as a mysanthopic mass murderer whose apparent long term goal was causing societal break down or something.

I've done theater acting.

Method Acting is a fucking meme and people who buy into it are dumb asses.

By all means get into your character's head but I don't buy that he 'got too into character' and 'dealt with it' by abusing drugs.

He was just a fucking junkie who fucked up and died.

Damn shame about his family, and the whole dying and thing but it wasn't method acting.

he fucked up and he died and that was all there was to it.
>>
>>51767321
You're just jealous because no one's watching your own abridged series.
>>
>>51765914
Heath Ledger was such a good actor... RIP man... wish he was still alive and kicking
>>
>>51767324
>He was just a fucking junkie who fucked up and died.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>51767443
>Citation needed
>Overdosed on pills and alcohol
wow its like drug abusers abuse drugs.
>>
>>51767448
The medication he took didn't agree with each other was what killed him.
>>
>>51767464
'medication' is another word for drugs. He also took it with alcohol which is what you're not supposed to do. On being asked about his death Jack Nicholson said 'I warned him.' This was in reference to the pills he was taking.

Overdoses tend to happen when you fuck up in applying drugs. Can be too much of one, too many of a kind that shouldn't interact.

The dumbass was having a hard time of things and instead of finding a way to cope that didn't kill him he abused pills like many, many hollywood actors have before him and he died because of it.

He was a Junkie and he died. Pity, he was a great actor, and he left behind a family but that doesn't mitigate his involvement in his own death.
>>
>>51751193
"Yes, I'm getting into mindset of my role, the Joker. Because as we all know he pulls fratboy pranks on everbody constantly, right?"

>>51751873
Yep.
>>
>>51762982
Go away Trazyn I don't want to be part of your Treasure Island/Black Sails human diorama.
>>
>>51765940
>Wait, does that mean you have the old Russian/Soviet one?
That one is fucking best
>>
>>51766202
Riddick was a paste in of his drow ranger. Why do you think he dual wields and has light sensitivity?
>>
>>51751899
Writer*
David Ayers wrote and directed it. Now he's been pulled off the sequel.... which would've made me sigh in relief until I read that he was doing the Hatley Quinn movie. Yay.

Problem with DCMU imo is that they aren't allowing the comic guys near the movies and so are letting idiot meat heads dictate the story. So what you get are pure action movies that pretend to have some semblance of maturity and assume that maturity and complexity == edge, more edge, and triple the edge on top of your edge. This translates to casting and priorities in the movie. While Leto is a fantastic actor, he needed some nerd writers to reign him in and make him do a reality check on Joker. First off, he isnt, never will, and never ever ever was a ganngbanging POS dickbag bad-ripoff-of-a-clockwork-orange wannabe chulo. Just hearing the cringe worthy stories of him mailing used condoms or some shit was just enough for anyone to go "wtf". Idgaf if you want to put joker up for interpretation, but make sure it's good. Joker was charming whereas this one was just fucking gross and oozed with Dbag fervor (which is what Ayers finds charming maybe? Idk) I think Leto felt pressured to make joker just whacky and push the loonies level up a notch from where Ledger took him which probably let to this monstrosity that bared no resemblance to the actual comic book character himself
>>
Diesel Used to drop inn on the old /tg/ IRC before it was abandoned
>>
>>51767101
No, I don't think she got the fact that Rip Van Winkle was meant to be a parody of tumblinas, considering she was likely a massive one (the friend who brought her was anyways)
>>
>>51765940
>Wait, does that mean you have the old Russian/Soviet one?
There are three Russian Treasure Island movies and an animated series, which one do you mean?
>>
>>51751193
God I hate Leto's Joker, bloody aids cunt
>>
>>51762857
Screw you Affleck's Batman is pretty fucking great. Hell, his fight in the warehouse in BvS is one of the best parts of the movie. Shows that Snyder is the man for fight scenes, but god forbid you let him touch the scenario.
>>
>>51751993
thick
>>
>>51753084
Unfortunately, the majority of people playing lolrandumb characters for the attention - which makes for horrible experiences for the all parties involved.
>>
File: 1451663071305.png (213KB, 446x426px) Image search: [Google]
1451663071305.png
213KB, 446x426px
>>51765914
>>51765962
>>51766165
>>51766285
>>51767387
Seems like just yesterday /co/ was bitching about how ledger joker was edgy garbage
>>
>>51769087

We didn't know how bad things could get

Also, a fair amount of the anti-ledger sentiment was based squarely on how over-exposed he was, this is the Contrarian Central of the internet after all.
>>
File: himouto-umaru-chan-episode-1-6.jpg (145KB, 2030x1135px) Image search: [Google]
himouto-umaru-chan-episode-1-6.jpg
145KB, 2030x1135px
>>51751193
>My character has schizophrenia
>Takes anti-psychotics
>Can't go insane from lovecraftian revelations due to fortified sanity
>Has to suffer trough comprehension of that which should not be
>>
>>51768486
Shame they showed most of that scene before the movie even came out
>>
File: joker boner_2.gif (107KB, 454x328px) Image search: [Google]
joker boner_2.gif
107KB, 454x328px
>>51751895
What about Joker's boner?
>>
>>51766364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o
I fapped to this.
>>
>>51753321
What comic relief? Doesn't it have to be funny to be comic relief?
>>
>>51768365
The one that has rapping in what I presume is Russian. The whole thing is available on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRjSDD_vLQ

>>51768486
>his fight in the warehouse in BvS is one of the worst parts of the movie

Fixed it for you.

"Oh, Batman's changed now! He won't kill anyone anymore!" People tried to tell me...casually ignoring the body count he left behind at that warehouse. And no, I'm not talking about just KGBeast.

>>51770010
It's a now uncommon word for joke or gag. There's no more comedy here than there is in the Flintstones' theme singing about how we'll have a gay old time.
>>
>>51765859
This is true.

Ledger's Joker had great writing, and he delivered those lines like a so-bad-he's-great stand-up comedian would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzuEJpWHKz4
>>
>>51751888
Well you can't be Stephen Lea Sheppard because that dude is perpetually butthurt.

That leaves Vin Diesel.
>>
>>51770515
>WHY DOESN'T BATMAN JUST KILL HIS VILLAINS
>omg batman killed somebody NOT MY BATMAN

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
>>51765835
>>51765914
I didn't laugh at any of those scenes. I was too weirded out by that lip smacking shit that Ledger did the entire time.
>>
>>51752853
Legitimately the best character in Suicide Squad.

Jai Courtney gets no love.
>>
>>51764515

Daniel Day Lewis starred in a movie where he white washes native culture and hip fires muskets to kill two guys at once. Fuck him and that piece of shit movie, fuck you Mann for tricking me into watching that by making other amazing movies.
>>
>>51762982
>I own every movie iteration of Treasure Island in existence
You sound like a cool guy, Anon.
>>
File: KK rider.jpg (36KB, 639x649px) Image search: [Google]
KK rider.jpg
36KB, 639x649px
>>51765873
Try saying that after repeatedly calling one a kiwi
>>
>>51767464

his "medications" were doctor prescribed recreational drugs

habitual OxyContin use will fuck you just as dead as back alley dope. especially if you're drinking booze while on it
>>
>>51761530
This cant be real.Are there any other proof like this?
>>
>>51761497
This has always been Blizzard's killer app. They write better backstories for other people's characters that they use in their games.
>>
So what's this thread's opinion on the rumor that Mel Gibson will direct the next Suicide Squad movie?
>>
>>51761497
Thanks, Actiblizz shill.
>>
>>51771312
I've never asked why Batman doesn't kill his villains, though. Mostly because I know the limits of the medium: Joker will never die because he sells too many comics.

>>51771323
I'm sorry that your sense of humor was amputated as a child. That must have made things very difficult for you.

>>51771413
Isn't Kiwi a New Zealand thing? Come to think of it I'm not actually sure of a good slur for Australians. Kangaroos? Koalas? Strayans? Cunts? Nah, they like that last one. Then again I'm pretty sure that New Zealanders don't mind "Kiwi" any more than Brits really care about "Limey". And I've never met an Irishman who minds being called a Paddy.
>>
>>51766484
I like to call it the "pastel" or "gemstone" era.
>>
>>51771296
could always be Wil Wheaton
>>
>>51753903
IRL Bard in Training here.
Stanislavsky's "Method" is actually totally separate from what people refer to as Method Acting nowadays. Stanislavsky in his early career used to ascribe to certain ideas similar to Method Acting (such as Emotional Memory or Substitution) but rejected these ideas later after realizing their psychologically damaging effects and deeming them ultimately unnecessary. Stanislavsky's style of acting has more to do with truthfully acting under Self-imposed imaginary circumstances.
Subjectivity zone: Current Day Method Acting is closer to the ideology of Lee Strasberg, who did teach drawing from one's own traumatic experiences to realize a character and empathize with them. While not a perfect emulation of Strasberg's deal, modern Method, particularly in Hollywood, has become something almost entirely its own, requiring an almost fanatical commitment and transformation into the character, even in outside life.
It's no longer truthfully acting in imaginary circumstances, it's trying to make those circumstances a reality, which ultimately isn't truthful and is not really acting.
>>
>>51768486
that also happened to be the only good part of that film.
>>
File: making-enemies.jpg (76KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
making-enemies.jpg
76KB, 800x450px
So nobody on /tg/ watches Gotham?

In the last episode, !notJoker invited !maybenotBatman to a carnival. They played silly death games and then fought in a house of mirrors. The same episode also had the Riddler set up a death trap involving a melting block of ice and a vat of acid that felt like it was straight out of the 60s series.

They still do the edgy stuff (like the Face/Off thing from the newer comics), but overall it's a perfect blend of grim/dark and camp/kitsch.
>>
>>51772967

>Come to think of it I'm not actually sure of a good slur for Australians

That's because there isn't one. We're just too relaxed to care.
>>
>>51773597
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>51765545
>Original script Batman Beyond movie with Hamill playing the Joker.
>>
>>51771312
No. "Why doesn't Bagman just kill his villains" is something only said by people who don't like comic books, and occasionally by comic book fans who make fun of Arkham's seemingly revolving door policy. The former are not the target audience when it comes to a comic book movie and the latter are not serious in their complaint. If the complains of the former group were recognized it wouldn't result in a very interesting story. One of the more compelling parts of Batman's character is that he doesn't stoop to his opponent's level even when it seems to be easiest or most logical answer. Batman doesn't kill because that's what separates him from the criminals he chase, even though killing sometimes look like it would be the easy way out.

Batman isn't even my favorite hero. I don't think he even ranks in the top five for me, even though he's definitely up there in the list of most timeless heroes of ever and everything.

A Batman that kills also wouldn't work regularly with a cast of recurring villains. How do you justify that the same people return again and again to cause trouble if the hero kills people on a regular basis? Why doesn't he just kill the worst criminals then?
>>
>>51774325
>someone blows up the arkham asylum killing all the criminal scum inside
>this has never been done before

It's like you need the punisher to fix everything.
>>
>>51772967
The whole point is that they're relaxed about anything else, but if you label them kiwis by mistake/specifically to trigger them, they will buttblast off to the speed of light
>>
>>51751828
he's on screen for like 8 minutes
>>
>>51767321
How's it feel to have such objectively shit taste?
>>
File: 15236404400_996f919dc1_b.jpg (360KB, 656x1024px) Image search: [Google]
15236404400_996f919dc1_b.jpg
360KB, 656x1024px
>>51774363
>>
>>51775056
>genosyde
who?
>>
>>51773597
>Stanislavsky's style of acting has more to do with truthfully acting under Self-imposed imaginary circumstances.
In other words, just RP?
>>
>>51774927
>if i say objectively enough, it makes my opinion right!
>>
What about actual mental illness?
>my character struggles with ADHD (not in a meme way; he just has trouble focusing on routine tasks) and social anxiety (he's extroverted, but worries about whether people like him)
or
>my character has received cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression and is generally recovered, but sometimes gets pulled into negative thought patterns and has to pull himself out of a downward spiral
or
>my character goes through manic phases and makes impulsive, often self-destructive decisions

Obviously whether it would be thematically appropriate to bring something like that in would depend on the campaign, but could it be done well?
>>
>>51775685
Yes, particularly see >>51769728
>>
>>51762857
Exactly
>"Nyehehehe batman! I have changed all salt shakers content for poison in gotham city!"
>Actually hasn't
>Batman spent all the fucking night making sure no salt shakers have poison on them
>>
File: admiral-benbow-mentioned.jpg (68KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
admiral-benbow-mentioned.jpg
68KB, 550x412px
>>51770515
I remember seeing it as a kid and then visiting the original Admiral Benbow in Penzance and being disappointed that it looks nothing like the cartoon.
>>
>>51775132
Same Bard, actually, yes. Granted there's a lot of specificity in technique and getting there truthfully and sustaining that energy differs for everyone, but yeah it's basically just make-believing.
There's a reason it's called a Play.
>>
>>51751888
>t. unemployed neckbeard trolling fellow anons
FTFY
>>
>>51751855
Fucking this. Apparently he went full edgelord for this fucking role too. Christ, what's happened to actors being people with actual acting talent?
>>
>>51751878
Nicholson Joker was best Joker. Ledger's Joker just reinforced the "LOL Joker is just so random! He's like a storm and just destroys things!" among all the dumb faggots who missed that the Joker was anything but.
>>
>>51762075
>marvel
>>
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>51764153
Treasure planet?
>>
>>51777810
Not the 90s, though.
>>
>>51751888
>when an actor doesn't know how to accurately portray a character

I definitely agree on this Mr. Diesel, when a character does method acting they should understand that the character has more than 2 or 3 emotions.

Like, the Joker is a crazy character, but he's not always doing something wacky 24/7, sure he's crazy but a crazy character isn't wacky all the time (especially off-set during down time). Knowing a range of thoughts and emotions of a character other than the 3 established ones is important to method acting.

If you just do the same 3 predictable things all the time, then you're not really method acting; you're just being a obnoxious.
>>
But wasn't Leto's Joker actually just Jason Todd all along?
>>
>>51777810
I wanna fug Captain Amelia!
>>
>>51751873
I sincerelly believe Leto was messing with the media because they expected him to go overboard or kill himself too. So he sold them the puniest, pettiest method acting shit in interviews.
>>
>>51783310
Could we blame a part of the performance on the editor as well? Cause anytime the film wanted to show the Joker as insane or just off his rocker, it would cut quickly and repeatedly than through anything Leto was actually doing. I want to blame the editor for a lot of things in this movie that just happen and are never mentioned again. Must've been the reshoots that happened for all that.
>>
>>51751193
So that's it? This is some kind of /tg/ - Traditional Games thread?
>>
>>51773410
While I would not put mister Wheaton above trolling a Taiwanese shadow puppet forum for imaginary friends on the internet, we're talking about a Hollywood actor here.

Not Planet Hollywood actor.
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
>>51783341
They wanted a gritty SvB esque movie, and cause Nolan's films did well.

Then SvB tanked, and the board reversed and wanted a goofy dark movie like Guardians of the Galaxy.

Requiring reshoots.

In the end, this movie wasn't either.
>>
>>51770010
>>51770515
I think Boner is more 'fuck up' than gag.
>>
>>51775685
If you're an adventurer, you're mad. There's a reason why so few real life people became adventurers and why most of them are remembered for how fucked up they were.
>>
>>51783571
Is there any game or setting which actually pays any attention to this?
>>
>>51756038
Ledger's Joker was "funny" in the sort of way an entire situation evolves into a punchline.

BtAS Hamill's Joker made funny from nothing and from everything. He was a murderous loon and it was beautiful.

Caesar Romero's Joker was basically the rated-G Hamills Joker. It worked pretty well.

I haven't really seen another good one. Or even decent one. DiMaggio's isn't bad, I suppose. It's probably the only example of "passable" on the spectrum of the character's incarnations in film.
>>
>>51763097
Shame those books get worse as the series goes on. The first was really good, but it was downhill after that. I heard he had some brief marriage, messy divorce, and crippling depression in there as well...probably does not bode well.
>>
>>51763564
Even fucking Wheelman was a pretty fun game. I got it for about 10$ and it's not amazing, but it is fun, Sleeping Dogs is like a much better version only minus Vin.
>>
>>51783713
DiMaggio and The Batman's Jokers are often regarded as uncomfortable to watch because they explore the more directly violent aspects of murderhobo lunacy.
>>
>>51765545

I don't think there's a person alive who would dispute this.
>>
File: legends_of_treasure_island_9686.jpg (36KB, 269x379px) Image search: [Google]
legends_of_treasure_island_9686.jpg
36KB, 269x379px
>>51764153
It was called The Legends Of Treasure Island.
>>
>>51781354
Then why is he older than Harley?
>>
>>51751993
Stop it, my penis can only get so erect
>>
>>51783849
DiMaggio's is a thug with a sense of irony and humor. It's charming, but not really endearing. I don't watch The Batman so I can't really comment on that iteration of the character.
>>
>>51754404
Agreed. If I hadn't been told, I never would have known.
>>
File: Batman Pimp.jpg (376KB, 960x519px) Image search: [Google]
Batman Pimp.jpg
376KB, 960x519px
>>51783565
It's fully consistent with what Batman was at the time.
>>
>>51775685
Please don't. I role play to escape from fuckers who whine about their self-diagnosed mental issues all day.
>>
>>51783971
hey not gonna argue that. It was a whacky time.
>>
>>51763097
I'm actually a somewhat recognisable Fantasy writer in my country (amongst Fantasy fans).
>>
>>51758099
That would be perfect.
>>
>>51783914
Like everything in this show, it started shit, but got better.
>>
>>51762982
>>51771377
He sounds like a real hero.
>>
>>51775111
My character is called GENOSIDE!

Uh, like mass murder?

NO NO, it's spelled with an Y!
>>
>>51767306
>I read tabloids and take them seriously
LOL
>>
File: Bagman.jpg (241KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Bagman.jpg
241KB, 1500x1500px
>>51774325
>"Why doesn't Bagman just kill his villains"
Is that what we're calling him these days? Either way, he is strictly against killing, it's not part of his job description. He just tells them to get in the bag after they die.
>>
>>51784096
>Y instead of I for no reason
Huge red flag.
In real life too.
>>
>>51784239
>NA NA NA NA NA NA BAGMA-
>No, no stupid tune, just you getting in the fucking bag.
>>
>>51784297
In this case I think the character was just a one-off edgelord parody so I wouldn't call it bad writing.
>>
>>51784096
and an S
>>
>>51763574
It's probably a drunk. Not a kid. We recognize our own.
>>
>>51784987
Which stands for hope.
>>
>>51766522
That sounds like absolute fucking cancer, glad you got out okay anon.
>>
File: 1384533383913.png (8KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
1384533383913.png
8KB, 271x288px
>>51773597
Big ambitious and passionate and yadda yadda actor here.
You sir, are my brother, my nigger, my jap and my fucking yank. If you were in front of me, man or woman, old or young, sick or not, great or small, I'd fucking kiss you in the mouth.
>>
>>51775056
Is that guy Batman?
>>
>>51751193
>"On set, things were crazy. It was like freaking insane asylum. People asked for decent movie... and I gave them salt." - Jared Leto. Suicide Squad
>>
>>51786196
I didn't know more of us were here.
I love you. Keep doing the work, and always remember you are enough.
>>
>>51786799
May we meet on stage or screen, with different faces and souls.
>>
>>51783914
>The Batman
It had loli batgirl and kung fu penguin
It was great
>>
>>51766373
>careful he's a level 17 sorcerer

also fuck elijah wood
>>
>>51786606
Underrated post
>>
>>51787514
I felt it was stupid. DeVito's Penguin was the only cool incarnation of this character. If you have a supposedly threatening character called Penguin, you might as well go the whole hog.
>>
>>51752853
Or Stilt Man and Lady Stilt Man.
>>
I made a crazy character. Sociopathic killer in Carrion Crown. Mostly played as completely emotionally detached with a flat affect. I wasn't murdering up a storm. Just a few off-screen rolls and a new face compliments of Transplant Visage by the time we left town. It's the character I've been complimented the most for in terms of roleplay, I think. Nothing over the top. No boots on heads, or distracting while actual things were happening. No gory details to get under people's skin. He was actually quite intelligent and helpful. He just also happened to get an itch from time to time, and have no real emotional involvement in the deaths of others.
>>
>>51789424
>Lady Stilt Man
You've got to appreciate the sheer stupidity of this name. I refused for a second to believe that it was real even after googling it.
>>
>>51777490
Bullshit, they were two completely different interpretations, but to boil down Ledger's joker to "Lolrandom" is an insult to the character. Ledger was able to show a joker who was a perfect mirror to Bale's batman. In any aspect you tear down Ledger's Joker, you can point at Bale's Batman for the root cause. Ledger's didn't set up complex and convoluted plots because Bale's wasn't the detective normal bats is, ledger's didn't pose moral challenges beyond a shitty Prisoner's Dilemma because Bale's never got hung up on morals beyond "No killing".

Ledger's Joker was a perfect mirror, which is what joker is and always will be. Just because the source of this reflection was shit doesn't mean the reflection is shit. It contrast, the Joker does an amazing job with what he is given to work with: a shitty Batman with his dimensions of character stripped away to make three one dimensional characters. But Joker only mirrored the one dimension because that's all Joker is, a Mirror of Batman, what could have happened if the butterfly flapped its wing a few seconds later.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.