[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 91

File: merge ending.jpg (68KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
merge ending.jpg
68KB, 700x525px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51738068
>The_Long_Game_Investing_Like_a_Dragon.knwsft
>the_runner_that_won_the_endless_game.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 345 (45% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'we have been at it for years we need a retirement scheme'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running fade_to_back.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Character Development Edition
What are your plans after character generation? What would be a satisfying end to your favorite character's story?
>>
GM is working with me on custom tradition of Prison Magic. Drain stat is BOD. Allows use when in mage hood or other magic limiters. Half of all drain is physical, though. Thoughts?
>>
I'm going to up my magic and be a better adept.

End game? Live long enough to spread my music and become famous, I suppose. Also to kick a flying helicopter.

>>51750849
Sounds interesting. It'll kill you eventually, but you also split your wound modifiers. Having a drain stat of BOD might be a little ridiculous if you're an ork, troll, or dorf though.
>>
>>51750849
Adepts have WIL+BOD, but I'd be wary of snowflake traditions with special rules. Those work better as qualities. Physical drain is irrelevant if you don't suffer any and with WIL+BOD you'll have lots of health levels anyway, especially as a Mystic Adept.
>>
>>51750849
That has the potential to make Troll mages seriously overpowered.
>>
File: IMG_0276.jpg (227KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0276.jpg
227KB, 900x1350px
What would be your Must-Haves cyberware in an Inspector Gadget themed character? There is so much, that I can't decide.
>>
>>51751062
Telescopic limbs obviously, builtin Toolkits and every sort of cyber finger.
>>
How racist is Japan in the setting?
>>
>>51751321
You mean against metas or against other humans?
For the former, used to be worse but still pretty bad. Lots of shunning, etc. but Yomi isn't a thing anymore.
As to the latter, no idea.
>>
>>51751321
Pragmatically racist. They despise metas and foreigners, but they'll still hire them to do their dirty work.
>>
>>51751062
Mage sight cable. Keep a spool of it that extends from your finger, and add in a universal data connector on the end. It's myomeric, so you can snake around to plug into devices from a distance, or use it to pull distant items to you.

Normal stuff would be lots of athletic boosts, grapple hand, drone eye, laser emitters, lighter finger, smoke screen launchers.

Dildo knees.
>>
You can thank me later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajF2NOuYkjk
>>
>>51751410
Nigga I'm the one that linked that shit to you in the first place
>>
>>51750849
You gotta make it so you always take one box of both physical and stun damage despite your drain roll.

This goes to show that the mage is over exerting himself in a dangerous way. Maybe make it so that a metamagic gets rid of the stun damage.
>>
>>51749382
>the year 2061, and the GM doesn't want us to play mages

I unironically want to play in your group.
We are always playing with rotating Players (depending on who has time) and the best sessions have always been the one with no mages at the table.
>>
>>51751062
Speaking from experience playing one:

Grapple hand, magnet system, smuggling compartments, hydraulic jacks

other cool stuff:
Telescopic limbs but they can be a bit weak
Renraku Scuttler, the Drone that is basically your hand detached
the horizon eyeball drone
Maybe modular cyberlimbs?
Move-by-wire for the Skillwires if you can convince your GM to use the german rules for the skilljack (only 1000 Nuyen per rating, fix essence cost of 0,1).
If you can't its probably not worth it though.
>>
One of my friends is trying to make a decker that uses drones to help him out during combat/scouting. I'm a bit rusty on my rigging/decking knowledge, so I wanted to ask, is it possible, and viable, to rig with a cyberdeck, and if so, what is the difference between that and rigging with an RCC?
>>
>>51751685
You rig with a Vehicle Control Rig.

The deck sits off to the side, and for the most part, the RCC sits off to the side, too.

It's only when you want to switch to rigging another vehicle slaved to the RCC that it makes any difference to how you rig - you can jump between them easier.
>>
>>51751321
Elves are ok, but the rest of the metas are fucked.
>>
>>51751871
I may have asked the wrong question. From what I can tell, vehicles/drones can be controlled and slaved to a cyberdeck, but you can't "jump into" the vehicle/drone unless you have a VCR or an RCC. If that's right, how can a cyberdeck control drones, and is it viable to do so? As well, can someone who uses a cyberdeck see what his drones are seeing, such as if a decker had a Fly-Spy slaved to his deck? Finally, how can someone swap between an RCC and a cyberdeck he's datajacked into quickly?

Sorry for being so obviously ill-versed on this shit, I've been pouring over internet forums and rulebooks and I'm getting some seriously conflicting answers.
>>
>>51751963
>unless you have a VCR or an RCC
*Just* the former.

>If that's right, how can a cyberdeck control drones
Same way anyone else controls a drone - via remote operation with Control Device matrix actions.

>Slaving devices
This does one positive thing - when your slave device is attacked in the matrix, it lets them use the master device's matrix attributes.
>>
>>51751963
You can jump in with a Control Rig, period.
If you don't jump in you can remote control your drones via commlink, cyberdeck or RCC.
RCC lets you issue commands to multiple drones simultaneously.
You can see what the drone's sensors see on an AR screen, for example. Or in your image link.
>>
So, going through LittleMacs Twitter, I'm curious.
Is she a tranny?
>>
File: 1336705448409.jpg (53KB, 696x462px) Image search: [Google]
1336705448409.jpg
53KB, 696x462px
>>51750823
>What would be a satisfying end to your favorite character's story?

Already had it. My Face\Gunslinger was working toward the "make a shitton of money and buy an island to retire"

He ended the game with over two million nuyen, and soft corp\gunsmithing work as a contracted subsidiary of Ares Arms (which was a dream of his) and had sunk a ton of his money into Ares stock. He retired from running, and is now working on his ACTUAL dream - meeting, and becoming romantically involved with his waifu, a sim-sense action trid starlet.
>>
What would be good ware for a PT pet technomancer?
>>
>>51752030
Yes, why?
>>
>>51751985
>>51752017
Alright, so you need an control rig to enter a drone. Beyond that, any matrix device you can use the Control Device action with can control drones, an RCC just specializes at it by being able to do things like control multiple drones simultaneously. So, it is entirely a viable option for a decker to take use of drones and use them to attack enemies or scout out areas, yet can only really give orders to one drone at a time. That right?
>>
>>51752070
Because the writing struck me as that of one and I'm simply curious how well my detector works.
>>
>>51752101
Scout drones are 100% viable.
>>
>>51752152
Alright, thanks. I'll try to be less of a retard when I post here in the future.
>>
>>51752067
Cyberpenis
>>
Could somebody link me the calculations for the max amoung of cybershlongs you can put into a single person?
I think i can push this a bit further but I'd need the exact numbers to be sure.
>>
File: 1483011509239.png (29KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1483011509239.png
29KB, 493x402px
Is it just me, or am I the only person who feels like bringing Cyberdecks back into 5e was massively unnecessary, and backpedals the technology evolution?
>>
>>51752218
You are one of a small number of people who think that calling something a cyberdeck means it must be a keytar.

5e commlinks are a backpedal from 4e commlinks.

5e cyberdecks are an advancement on 4e commlinks.

It's that simple.
>>
>>51752218
Yeah, its basically you and a small minority.
Usually players who started with 4e.
>>
>>51752218
You're entirely correct.

>>51752235
5e Cyberdecks render Commlinks redundant and useless, and yes, they are in-canon, fucking keyboard sized.
>>
>>51752298
>in-canon, fucking keyboard sized.

>can be just about any shape that
has the same volume as a small book
>>
>>51752298
>5e Cyberdecks render Commlinks redundant and useless

Do computers render smartphones redundant and useless?
>>
>>51752298
>and yes, they are in-canon, fucking keyboard sized
They're the size of a small book or tablet. Get. Over. Yourself. Maaate.
>>
>>51752235
>5e commlinks are a backpedal from 4e commlinks.
>5e cyberdecks are an advancement on 4e commlinks.

Yeah, that seems unnecessary. I mean, from a certain perspective, it robs the ability of Hackers to be as effective as they were in 4e - and robs everyone else of being anywhere near effective without having to buy a car-priced tablet computer

>>51752271
>Usually players who started with 4e.

I started with 3e, which is why I pointed out the backpedal on tech evolution
>>
>>51752298
>5e Cyberdecks render Commlinks redundant and useless,

>6 digit devices rendering 3 digit devices useless.

Provided you don't live in a communist utopia where money isn't an issue, bullshitstatement

>and yes, they are in-canon, fucking keyboard sized.

again, bullshit
Core states them as having the size of "a small tablet, a spiral notebook (the paper thing) or two decks of cards"
>>
>>51752310
Cyberdecks mean commlinks can't run programs. They're now literally irrelevant other than fluff, and the fact that you can slave a cyberdeck to a commlink to get a better firewall.
>>
>>51752327
>and robs everyone else of being anywhere near effective without having to buy a car-priced tablet computer
Only if you play SR with one book. Data Trails has a handful of ways to get more hacking out of your devices - including modding a postage stamp sized stealth RFID tag with persona firmware, which clocks in at just over half a grand.
>>
File: 1484547978766.png (302KB, 490x457px) Image search: [Google]
1484547978766.png
302KB, 490x457px
>>51752327
>I mean, from a certain perspective, it robs the ability of Hackers to be as effective as they were in 4e

They wanted to bring back hackers as their own archetype, contrary to 4es "everybody with decent LOG is a comlink scriptkiddie".
Good choice, in my opinion

>and robs everyone else of being anywhere near effective without having to buy a car-priced tablet computer

Prices could be a tiny bit lower so you can make advancement easier, but the general idea is good.
Being competent in a big area (eg matrix, magic, combat) should take comitment instead of being something you can do on the fly-by.
>>
>>51752338
>They're now literally irrelevant other than fluff

Yes, being able to secure your shit with only a few thousand bucks spend vs several hundred thousands is totally irrelevant.

Holy fuck some people are insane.
>>
File: 1452372349647.jpg (18KB, 233x253px) Image search: [Google]
1452372349647.jpg
18KB, 233x253px
>>51752361
>Being competent in a big area (eg matrix, magic, combat) should take comitment instead of being something you can do on the fly-by.

Yeah thats a good point. It still seems like a huge moneysink however, just to be restrictive as a means to "cordon off a skillset" as a means to limiting character diversity. Which is bad, and something they should not do.

As a GM, I always tell people who make shadowrun characters: you should never be defined by a single thing you do, but instead should build your character around doing several things well, so that you don't spend parts of the game being bored doing nothing.
>>
>>51752376
You can't use Encryption, Edit, or any other programs without a Cyberdeck, which is 100% horseshit.
>>
>>51752388
>As a GM, I always tell people who make shadowrun characters: you should never be defined by a single thing you do, but instead should build your character around doing several things well, so that you don't spend parts of the game being bored doing nothing.

Yeah, thats a good tip.
I always tell new people to make sure their characters covers the following shit:

Don't be useless during combat
Don't be useless outside of combat
Be able to do something to avoid combat

>It still seems like a huge moneysink however, just to be restrictive as a means to "cordon off a skillset
As i said, i like the general idea but yeah, they went a bit overboard with it.
Maybe some middleground between 4e and 5e would be good.
Make the opportunity costs high enough that not everybody can do it as a secondary or tertiary occupation, but low enough that you don't have to spend most of your ressources at chargen on it.
Maybe half the costs of all Decks or something like that.
>>
>>51752398
No, your indignant statement is horseshit.

>Add a Module: You can hardwire a cyberdeck module into a device. You need the module you want to add to the device. Most devices can only have one module, although cyberdecks can have two—one in the normal module slot, and the one you hardwire in. Hardwired modules follow the same rules as normal modules (p. 64). This requires two packs of parts.

500Â¥ or some scavenging gets you a cyber module in ANY device.

>[Program Carrier] holds a program that your deck can run permanently. You pick the program and we lock it in at manufacture, which means you can’t change it, but hey, it’s an extra program. Price includes the program cost.

900Â¥ on top of that gets you any program you want in any device you want.
>>
>>51752398
>Edit
But thats wrong desu, look up the box "matrix for non hackers" at the beginning of the matrix chapter
>>
>>51752431
>PROGRAM CARRIER
This module holds a program that your deck can run
permanently. You pick the program and we lock it in at
manufacture, which means you can’t change it, but hey,
it’s an extra program. Price includes the program cost.

>PROGRAM CARRIER
permanently.
>PROGRAM CARRIER
permanently.
>PROGRAM CARRIER
permanently.
>PROGRAM CARRIER
permanently.
>DECK
>>
File: 1487103030315.jpg (74KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1487103030315.jpg
74KB, 736x736px
>>51752428

In the current game I'm running, the group has a dedicated Hack\Rigger, simply because he bought a basic milspec commlink, dumped some milspec upgrades into it, and then bought tons of hacking programs. While two other characters have nice commlinks with pro user suites, and upgraded firewalls (thanks to the hacker\rigger), and the last character can barely use a commlink because she likes to hit it against hard things when it doesn't work properly.

And this is 4e - just from that expenditure alone, he dropped something like 60k+ nuyen into hacking ability. From a 5e standpoint, that seems like just the base before you even start buying programs, agents, upgrades, etc

>that pic

And another thing, the Savalette Guardian rules in 4e seem beyond worthless, if your going to make it burst as a Complex. While its more expensive, you can mod a burst function into any pistol, and a standard burst is a simple action.
>>
>>51752460
Read, nigga, read.

>Add a Module: You can hardwire a cyberdeck module into a device
>>
>>51752473

>While its more expensive, you can mod a burst function into any pistol, and a standard burst is a simple action.

Ah, the 4e and older modding rules.
I love tinkering but I'm actually glad they heavily cut those down for 5e. You can't really create functional different weapons if in the end, everybody will simply mod the differences away.
First thing i changed on the Ruger was modifying the triggergroup.

>And this is 4e - just from that expenditure alone, he dropped something like 60k+ nuyen into hacking ability

And with that, he is pretty competent. Seems a bit to little for my taste, but YMMV.
Something around 120k Nuyen sounds like a good entry point for competent persons in 5e.
Its around the pricepoint of a Level 2 Controlrig+2 levels of reaction enhancers or 3 levels of Muscle Toner + proper Cybereyes with a few toys in them.

Dedicated Professional would be around 250k then, (adding Wired reflexes to the builds above, maybe cutting the reaction enhancers down a bit).
>>
File: 1485752064934.jpg (28KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
1485752064934.jpg
28KB, 335x333px
>>51752598

Hacking is a side activity, hes more of a dedicated Rigger, but his trifecta comes down to rigging, hacking, and investigating, with his combat work being done with pistol and shotgun (former lone star vice cop)

A lot of his money went into drones, cyberware, hacking, programs, guns, armor, etc. Hes nowhere near the expenditure on the group streetsam who went full ham on cyberware to the tune of 200k+ - of which the majority was deltaware in line with his backstory which I ok'd. Despite that, hes evenly split between combat, infiltration, and face.

As for the gun modification - I've noticed not everyone does it, or cares too. I played a Team Armorer in a campaign for a long time (if anyone recalls my various Face\Gunslinger posts), and I got a lot of work modifying guns and cars, but no one even thought to ask me until they saw what I was doing with my own guns, said "hey thats cool!" and then asked me to do it with their guns. (asked, more like demanded, but I was team bitch, so it was fine)

In my current campaign that I'm running, my new (new to shadowrun) players are almost strictly out-of-the-box shooters, with little interest in modding weapons - no one even bought the armorer skill. I gave them an NPC whose willing to do that work for them, but all they hear is "spend money for something" and then default to "eh, my gun is fine the way it is"
>>
File: Computer Book.jpg (78KB, 900x581px) Image search: [Google]
Computer Book.jpg
78KB, 900x581px
>>51751062
not a cyber suggestion, but you better have a qt hacker niece with a bitchin computer book
>>
File: 1487209106091.jpg (113KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
1487209106091.jpg
113KB, 500x329px
I knew that char rang a bell when i saw the image in my folder; 200 seven-7 grenades is something you remember! I mean, at some point what a PC does will be described as a possible war crime in progress and you totally were on that path bro. wouldrunwith/10
I've spent a few months outside of /srg/ - does that drawfag from back when still come around? I liked his work.

>>51751502
that's ok but it's no highspeed magical parkour trip through neo-tokyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwJeiLtFqw8

>>51752037
>and becoming romantically involved with his waifu, a sim-sense action trid starlet
a 2d waifu?? explain yourself!

>>51752218
i almost feel like decks have gone full circle from a "portable decktop" to a C2 cranial to a "technomagic" and back again to a portable computer. take it for what you will but i feel the next step would be C2 bioware decks in your noggin. that didn't really answer your question but i'm fine with that since you have a nice smile.
>>
File: srg Drawfag.jpg (118KB, 504x426px) Image search: [Google]
srg Drawfag.jpg
118KB, 504x426px
>>51752921
>drawfag
the drawfag in question
>>
>>51752921
>Juno Reactor
that's it. that's my shit. But how about this for some fraggin' high speed parkour?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ePHHDMRms
>>
Yekka, there's something fucky going on with Availability. It's not consistent, but for some gear, for example Bone Density and the Biospikes, it's... weird.

Basically, go make a blank sheet. Add Bioware, try to add Bone Density. Do not add it. Look at the availability in the screen, then scroll the selection down to the spikes, with the search Bone in the search bar. The spikes will copy the avail of the Density. If it raises, they raise. If it lowers, they lower. It also happens with gear in other sections.
>>
>>51752977
What happens if you add it?
>>
File: 1386665499772.jpg (24KB, 545x308px) Image search: [Google]
1386665499772.jpg
24KB, 545x308px
>>51752921
>a 2d waifu?? explain yourself!

Shes a Horizon\Hollywood actress. The worst part about this is not the horrible beating he'd get by creeping her out and incurring wrath of her corpsec HTR team - but that he would be courting someone who wasn't from Ares.

Believe me man, this character spent long hours plotting, and even considered dumping nuyen into financing a shadowrun of his own, to get her to defect to Ares, but neither Ares would go for it, and his team wasn't interested, and without Ares willing to poach an actress, its a moot point. This was about the time his ork surfer gf beat the stuffing out of him when he let slip his waifu crush on said actress.

Such is the life
>>
File: the nuyen shave club.png (96KB, 1003x552px) Image search: [Google]
the nuyen shave club.png
96KB, 1003x552px
that no-mage team earlier in the thread and the all decker team in the last thread got me thinking about single class teams that do one thing exceedingly well, almost to the exclusion of all else.
>a team of 5d6 init razorboys

>>51752953
is Juno Reactor the name of the drawfag (who you are?) or the name of the assault rifle/grenade operator character (who you may also play).
I like that chicks voice and the tempo of the song but the beat of the tempo is a little electronic and harsh imo 8.8/11 would listen again while running up a building away from overweight lone star cop in his slowly gaining security ornithopter
>>
>>51752986
As far as I can see, it displays properly. 16F for an R4 Density, 14 for a Bone Spike.
>>
File: pistolero[1].jpg (9KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
pistolero[1].jpg
9KB, 100x100px
>>51752995
>Juno Reactor

Juno Reactor is the name of a music band(?) although its one guy

>literal picture for ants
>>
File: 1461115229246.jpg (45KB, 343x350px) Image search: [Google]
1461115229246.jpg
45KB, 343x350px
>>51752988
checked
that actually sounds like your char had more invested in your gf than the typical "i'm not a virgin!! SEE!!" mentality, which i like. relationships can make tabletop 100% better or 100% worse imo and it sounds like you went about it the right way

>my 2d 1980's anime cyberpunk waifu
>>
File: 1470188785051.jpg (81KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470188785051.jpg
81KB, 720x720px
I need some help chummer. I want to make the runners go through a mct zero zone. How to I lay this out? Do I put the zone around the facility it protects? Do I put the facility inside the zone instead? What do they see when they approach said zone?
>>
File: 1458775331136.jpg (365KB, 1280x876px) Image search: [Google]
1458775331136.jpg
365KB, 1280x876px
>>51753020
>Juno Reactor
oh! you meant the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwJeiLtFqw8 i linked in >>51752921

my bad, it's still early
>>
File: 1459380676645.gif (5MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459380676645.gif
5MB, 1280x720px
>>51753026
>16oz gloves for an entry team
stay plebian

i like the idea of putting the zone around a facility - what better way to protect something than a 00 zone? plus, the runner's gotta get back through the zone to escape (presumably)
>>
File: Reality Show - Final Cut v3-044.jpg (2MB, 2316x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Reality Show - Final Cut v3-044.jpg
2MB, 2316x3056px
>>51752680
Eh, if it works for you, thats fine.

>As for the gun modification - I've noticed not everyone does it, or cares too

Imho that works as long as the entire group is more or less on the same page.
If somebody uses all the rules, it tends to get a bit out of hand.
But alas, thats something that is true for many parts in the system.
I'm pretty sure i'm the person with the most interest on the mechanical side of the rules and thus i have to be carefull not to go full force with optimizing stuff or using obscure but highly effective gear.
Occasionally having a 350+ Karma MysAdept in the group helps to reduce that problem a bit though (I'm at <50 Karma).
>>
File: 1429356326940.jpg (153KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1429356326940.jpg
153KB, 900x1000px
>>51753022

I wrote that character with some odd relationships
>childhood elf friend
>too weird to be lovers, ended up being more like siblings
>fomori troll gf
>she left him because he was too much of a drunk and she wasn't down for that
>her leaving him actually convinced him to get off the bottle, but he replaced that addiction with drugs instead
>during the campaign he maintained a steady relationship with a hot cuban ork surfer girl
>but he strained that relationship to the breaking because of his adrenaline addiction, drug addiction, hazardous lifestyle, and his waifu crush was the last straw - she cared too much to be tied to someone who was going to kill themselves doing stupid shit
>at the campaign end, character had no one, so decided to put serious work to attaining his dream waifu

Character was Human - I wanted to portray a character who didn't let metatype interfere with attraction. He's the type of person Humanis goons would have beat to death with baseball bats as a meta traitor
>>
File: The Pacific Ocean.png (750KB, 1065x1041px) Image search: [Google]
The Pacific Ocean.png
750KB, 1065x1041px
Anyone ever GM'd a 100% water-based campaign? I see much potential for enjoyment and for fuckery so it seems perfect.
>>
File: cyberhand_485.jpg (30KB, 485x334px) Image search: [Google]
cyberhand_485.jpg
30KB, 485x334px
>>51752995
Well, why not both?
Make a time consisting of 5 Razorboys with Rating 3 Move-by-Wires an a R6 Skilljack each and give them subscriptions to the wirless skillnetworks.

Call them "The Slot Machines" and have fun.
>>
>>51753073
*a team*
selffix
>>
File: Zero-zones.jpg (102KB, 395x535px) Image search: [Google]
Zero-zones.jpg
102KB, 395x535px
>>51753026
>How to I lay this out? Do I put the zone around the facility it protects? Do I put the facility inside the zone instead?

I believe they would overlap. Exterior approaches would be a killing field, except during specific hours to allow for personnel and equipment to enter or leave the facility. Then sprinkle some death rooms inside, that trigger when someone walks in without the proper RFID tags. In those, non-lethal weapons should be favoured, in case one of MCT's employees does wander into them by accident.

>What do they see when they approach said zone?
They see nothing. Or maybe the see some "Caution: MCT property, trespassers will be shot" signs on the outside perimeter. See pic related
>>
File: 1460729887054.png (339KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
1460729887054.png
339KB, 1200x850px
>>51753068
>but he replaced that addiction with drugs instead
the backstory for your 5d6 init from drugs? :DD

>I wanted to portray a character who didn't let metatype interfere with attraction.
you seem to have played him as a tragic figure who figures out too late what he wants but he still busts his butt (like he did to get out of the gutter perhaps?) to achieve his goals. as a player i love good backstory's and as a gm i C H E R I S H good backstorys
>>
>>51753113
>the backstory for your 5d6 init from drugs? :DD
Overdosed two weeks before the game starts? XDDDDDD
>>
File: Modern Art.jpg (746KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Modern Art.jpg
746KB, 3264x2448px
can you ruthien a vehicle?
>>
File: 1346923853218.jpg (59KB, 488x286px) Image search: [Google]
1346923853218.jpg
59KB, 488x286px
>>51753113
>the backstory for your 5d6 init from drugs? :DD

His drug of choice was long haul, and considering his primary form of income (if not from shadowrunning) was poker, he'd stay up in games for like three days, and then collapse in his house dead for two. Plus it also helped because I could do those 4e extended tests and not need to sleep.

After that, he did combat drugs - he once did K10 and botched an entire shadowrun plan to infiltrate some asshole vampires personal island
>plan is to have a bomb be delivered to the front door of the villa
>bomb disguised as gift - shelled out heavy for explosives that couldn't be detected
>meanwhile team enters via submersible on the other side of the island
>shelled out heavy for sub
>character juices up K10
>arms the bomb, football runs it up to the villa, chucks it through the window yelling HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY
>it explodes, destroying the front of the building
>security goes apeshit, promptly starts dumping boxes of bullets into my face\gunslinger
>team collectively facepalms and decides to help me out so I don't die

They were pissed until we I went full ham with an automatic grenade launcher on a vamp coven in pitch black cavern - everyone else was magic and had no cyberware or natural ability to see in the dark - I could (cyber) and i lite the place up with white phos grenades

pic related was my face the entire time
>>
File: VLtfaT1.jpg (261KB, 498x744px) Image search: [Google]
VLtfaT1.jpg
261KB, 498x744px
>>51753165
interesting idea; it would be a natural starting off point for a new life of running the shadows. did your char kick the booze for good or did he relapse back in that period of life? (presumably it was much earlier in his backstory before the campaign)
>>
>>51753172
You sound like that guy
The good version of him though, the bane of all mirrorshades faggots.

Would run with/10, you'd prolly get along very well with my groups resident "chucking grenades from my AresAlpha in the heart of London is a good idea" Orksam.

>popping K10

Thats something I'd like to do someday to on a run.
Just need to get my Edge higher, its only at 4 atm.
>>
File: BUENO.gif (421KB, 675x336px) Image search: [Google]
BUENO.gif
421KB, 675x336px
>>51753172
i like that idea of playing poker for money, i may have to steal it for my next lowlife char

>face\gunslinger
from the same era of /srg/ i also seem to remember a gunslinger who had one arm and was a drunk if i remember correctly

>HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY
pic related
>>
File: 1387082008070.jpg (56KB, 325x400px) Image search: [Google]
1387082008070.jpg
56KB, 325x400px
>>51753185
>did your char kick the booze for good or did he relapse back in that period of life?

He kicked it for good, and it actually killed one of best friendships - his highest loyalty contact was a drinking buddy who was also his gunrunner (a merc vet who drank because shitsux) - the loyalty rating atrophied because they no longer hung out (to get drunk and party) and they found out pretty quick that that was their only real connection.

Alcohol actually scared him, but the drugs didn't, because his real addiction was to adrenaline and doing stupid things - the drugs just seemed to induce that all the time, so it seemed better then being drunk.

The only time anyone really got on his case about the drugs was the Physical Adept Ninja in the team, who thought he was a disgusting degenerate and went full on disdain for plebs on me every chance he got (but he hated me anyway for using guns, because to him, guns were for plebs). His ork surfer girl ex was more pissed at his lifestyle choice
>shadowrunning
>driving a fast car while high af
>openly pissing off a humanis leaning politician in a poker game and getting beat mostly to death
>treating killing people likes it some kinda game
>thinking its totally ok to huck a goddamn bomb through some vampires villa while on FUCKING K10

yeah stupid ninja told her about that last one, asshole.
>>
Does Penetrating Strike apply to a Bone Spike? It's paid for with Essence, it's a 'natural' part of you, but it technically uses Blades.
>>
>>51753304
>technically uses Blades
Does it?
>>
>>51753253
>i like that idea of playing poker for money

Watch a movie called "Rounders" - its whole plot is basically that, people who play poker as a primary form of income, and basically it becomes a fucking job, grinding out cash sitting on a leather ass

>>51753222
Hah, character wasn't always that crazy, but he had to try fucking hard to outdo the physadept ninja in kills. My goal in every combat situation was to kill the maximum amount of enemies so that the ninja had to stand around during his extra init passes.
>>
>>51753335
According to Chummer, yeah.

It seems... questionable that it does, because technically speaking it's a natural weapon, innately part of you. Like, it's literally wolverine claw type shit. The Bone Spikes quality? Does the same basic thing, except not retractable.

Like, logically speaking here, yes, Penetrating Strike likely does indeed apply, at least as far as I can tell.

But Chummer, whether it's right or wrong here, doesn't apply it.
>>
File: 1460008643682.gif (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460008643682.gif
1MB, 500x400px
>>51753270
i love reading stuff like this; the way things organically ebb and flow in a well run game is artistic
>>
>>51753359
Well, let's go look at Chrome Flesh.

>Unless otherwise noted, attacks with Bio-Weaponry use the Unarmed Combat skill with a Natural Weapons specialization.
Page 120.

>Stingers are, in essence, non-retractable hand blades and spurs.
Page 121, but no mention of skill to use.

Looking at Hard Targets' Biospike / Bone Spur ... also no mention of skill to use.

Don't trust Chummer. Verify.
>>
File: nuwisha.jpg (156KB, 579x1014px) Image search: [Google]
nuwisha.jpg
156KB, 579x1014px
>>51753365

Thanks for the comments omae

Unfortunately, thats about the only character I've played thats had that much detail. My first couple characters were back in 3e when I barely understood the setting, and consisted of a Navajo coyote shaman whose sole purpose was getting into trouble and working how to get out of it - the second character was an Ork freedom fighter from the yucatan with a panther cannon.

Ever since I've been forever GM, and out of three Shadowrun campaigns, two were horrific failures, and this one im doing now seems to be doing ok
>>
>>51753397
Neat, I hadn't actually noticed those passages.

>>51752986
Hey, Yekka, see above posts please.
>>
>>51749492

Someone asked this last thread, and I'm curious about the answer.
>>
>>51753351
>but he had to try fucking hard to outdo the physadept ninja in kills. My goal in every combat situation was to kill the maximum amount of enemies so that the ninja had to stand around during his extra init passes.

I remember this, you wrote about him occasionally some time ago, iirc?
>>
File: 1388859307136.jpg (556KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1388859307136.jpg
556KB, 2048x1367px
What kind of stuff would a Mr. Johnson (or Tanaka-san in my case) ask his employees to do during a misdirection run to make a target corp think the 'runners where hired by another megacorp? I was thinking something along the lines of giving them branded equipment to leave around, maybe drones. Maybe stuff like modifying the decker's deck so that it would be recognized as the equipment of the corp they're pretending to be hired by?
>>
Had an idea for a character that was a famous dealer for Vegas. Is that a thing? Normally, a casino would be famous, not a dealer. The idea was just that this guy was a showman who was also a dealer (So, he was famous and then became a dealer, maybe?).

Not sure what skills I should take to pull him off. Inclinded to go an Edgelord route.
>>
File: dfxq5n7ugidcuuuatxw0.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dfxq5n7ugidcuuuatxw0.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
>>51753488

Yeah. My GM in that game had been doing shadowrun since 2nd Ed, and was a firm believer that you can have any kinda fun with any kinda team, even an unbalanced one - so he encouraged people to make there characters without knowing what else people were playing, so that people could play what they wanted.

So, we had four characters
An african elf voodoo loa shaman of kalfu, particularly the evil version of kalfu, and came off like a suave but dubious devil, who was just too creepy to be a party face, despite being smooth as silk. He ended up becoming my Face\Gunslingers best friend, and they would wingman for each other. my character bought him a super expensive foreign luxury car, and paid heavy for magically active wood to be used in a custom revolver, so it could be turned into a Foci

Second was a Dwarf celtic shaman of weather and storms, and never said or did much, but smirk and laugh at all of us when we acted stupid. She focused a lot on ritual magic, and considering we were in miami, she was in her element - she lived on a boat, and had reams of bound spirits.

And then there was the ninja. He was a pure human japanese (proud of his cultural heritage of his family stretching back generations) and was the first in his family to show magical talent - a physical adept - and was trained in ancient ninjutsu arts. He had three init passes, and a max weapon foci katana (ancient heirloom) that he would carve people into pieces with, using handfuls of dice that would choke an elephant. He was basically invisible and could anyone at anytime, ever, and his code of honor was pic related. He hated guns, hated drugs, was casually disdainful of anyone who wasn't human, unless they were magic, and expected everyone in the team to do their shit competently or else. His requests for my hacking, face, armorer skills always came as a demand, but at least he shelled out for the cost (so i lost, and gained, nothing except for lost time).
>>
>>51753467
Bone spikes are in the blades weapon category for some reason, but the useskill is set to unarmed combat.
>>
File: 1394503108771.jpg (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394503108771.jpg
42KB, 250x250px
>>51753593
>four characters

Fourth was me, and I was basically...
>team armorer
>party face
>party wheelman
>party hacker
>party heavy weapons
>party guy-with-contacts-for-useful-things
>>
File: 1487206894595.jpg (451KB, 1600x1740px) Image search: [Google]
1487206894595.jpg
451KB, 1600x1740px
>>51753593
>japshit katanafaggot double-nofun (gun&drug) criminal scum humanis turd.

You did everything right in trying to show him his place).

Speaking of which:
Yesterday, the annon with Technomancertroubles said he would be playing and tackling the fucker that puts sprites in his *ware?
You out there?
Still alive?
What happened?
>>
>>51753610
If they were under Unarmed, then Penetrating Strike would be applying to them in Chummer, wouldn't it? It also doesn't seem to be applying properly to things like Stingers and the like, and as far as it's apparent from the rules and the lack of errata that I've seen, it seems to be the case that it's intended to apply.
>>
File: file.png (694KB, 3440x1400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
694KB, 3440x1400px
>>51753641
Doesn't apply because I'm an idiot and coded the AP improvement based on category and then left it only set to Cyberware.
>>
>>51753689
You aren't an idiot, man. Seriously, it'd be difficult to overstate the amount of good that you've done for this community and the system as a whole. You're like some sort of Code Jesus that's constantly saving our collective asses and making the layout-hell of the books a lot easier to deal with.

Seriously, man, you do some good fucking shit and you deserve one hell of a lot of praise for it.

Would it be possible to push an update with the fix today? Mainly curious since I'd been interested in making a character making an attempt at using it, and it'd help a lot.
>>
File: mary sioux.png (409KB, 407x572px) Image search: [Google]
mary sioux.png
409KB, 407x572px
>>51753440
>Ever since I've been forever GM
i feel your pain ;_;
i bet a lot of your NPCs have organic details though, eh
>>
>>51753734
You keep slurping back there, Yekka's going to have a wet patch when he sits down.
>>
File: Black Dog.jpg (194KB, 615x850px) Image search: [Google]
Black Dog.jpg
194KB, 615x850px
>>51753742
>i bet a lot of your NPCs have organic details though, eh

Christ man...
>made a character was a former Lone Star intelligence unit detective who lost his marriage because he had been sleeping with a CI, who then got killed - turned to shadowrunning when the K-E change over lost him his job, and no one would work with him because the corrupt members of his unit fled with an evidence locker full of guns, drugs, and money, then pinned two murders on him to point the finger - now blackballed, and even shadowunners hate him.
>party fixer was boots-on-the-ground marine corps FNG at oceanside during the azzie invasion of san diego. since that time, has been a soldier, a merc, a shadowunner, and a corpsec general - underwent leonization as part of her fee from Ares - storyline in the works where she buried her old runner team over a decade ago and left them to die, but one guy survived and now hes coming back for revenge, but shes not the same person she was back then...
>party armorer contact is an old UCAS vet, was with the fixer at san diego, but unlike her, he never went farther then being a merc, and now hes old and graying, but everyone keeps trying to get him back in the game. has no idea that his estranged daughter is trying to find him and kill him for leaving mom when she was just a kid, promising he was going to be her life, but leaving without a word instead
>friend to the party, runner who just retired, is going to end up dead against the AI bbeg of the campaign (as a first clue to its activity) - no one knew, but he was part of the azzie national military, one of their operational maneuver groups, and as such was part of the force trying to suppress the yucatan, barely got out alive when the quakes hit - spent 10 years working off debt to burn his SIN, and now retiring to spend time with his new gf - gets found in a dumpster with all his cyberware carved out.

thats just a couple - not all of them are tragic though
>>
>>51753762
Hey man, the dude puts out daily patches for a program that he gets zero profit off of, and which he actively refuses donations for.
>>
>>51753057
Looks very interesting.
Any way to read it online?
>>
>>51753742
Is that a Nissan Optimum? Why does a Sioux have one?
>>
As I'm currently writing my first Dice Roller, do Edge dice count toward the pool size to determine wether you roll a glitch?
>>
File: 1484543110564.gif (9KB, 474x319px) Image search: [Google]
1484543110564.gif
9KB, 474x319px
>>51753967
>Nissan Optimum?

Its an Ares Alpha, the classic hotness of assault rifles
>>
>>51753991
Wait what. They're nearly identical.
>>
File: Nightlight.jpg (1MB, 3000x1996px) Image search: [Google]
Nightlight.jpg
1MB, 3000x1996px
>>51753734
Thing is, I'm not entirely sure it's wrong as is. Pure RAW says penetrating strike applies to unarmed attacks, while spurs and spikes and such are weapons.

I'll rewrite the existing houserule that knucks use unarmed to support it, make anything that uses unarmed combat as the skill apply. It'll fuck up shock gloves, but I need to rewrite the code for them to ignore other improvements anyway since as far as I'm aware they should ignore any other modifications.
>>51753989
Yes. Glitch chance is based on your final dicepool, after taking any bonuses or maluses into account.
>>
>>51753931
>reading online

Not that i know of, but have some links:

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/5J9VhRqF/file.html

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/OigbAnIp/file.html

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/mZDQuoUL/file.html
>>
>>51754219
PENETRATING STRIKE
COST: 0.25 PP PER LEVEL (MAX 4)
This ability allows an adept to focus and project an un-
armed attack a short distance forward, bypassing armor
the target may have or punching through their thick,
stubborn hide. In essence, this gives the adept’s attack
an AP rating equal to the levels she has in this power
(maximum 4). This power can be used in conjunction
with the Killing Hands power but not Elemental Strike.
Page 175 Street Grimoire

BIOSPIKE (CULTURED BIOWARE)
This augmentation was developed after a rare genetic
pattern was identiied following a standard bone lacing
procedure. This process grows a single sharp, dense
bone spike in the subject with attached musculature to
extrude or retract the spike from the subject’s forearm.
An additional procedure creates a channel within the
body and aperture in the skin that prevent damage to
the subject when the spike is extended. Without this
pocket augmentation, the spike deals 2P unresisted
damage to the subject when it is extruded. Bone den-
sity augmentation can further increase the damage
potential of the spurs (+1 for every 2 points in bone
density Rating).
The obvious beneit of this weapon is that it is entirely
organic and not detectable by MAD or Cyberware scan-
ners. A Biospike has a concealability modiier of -10.
Page 185 Hard Targets

BIO-WEAPONRY
Unless otherwise noted, attacks with Bio-Weaponry
use the Unarmed Combat skill with a Natural Weapons
specialization.
Page 120 Chrome Flesh

AFAIK, if it's a Natural Weapon, then Penetrating Strike 100% definitely applies to it.

Still, thanks for adding it into that. I'll doublecheck it with my GM just to be sure.
>>
File: tumblr_o0b4humtYP1v1aewco1_400.gif (735KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0b4humtYP1v1aewco1_400.gif
735KB, 400x220px
>>51754617
Unarmed Combat is not necessarily the same thing as Unarmed Attack, though the Natural Weapons specialisation would seem to indicate a useful filter for me. new build should complete in a few minutes with the change, anyway.
>>
Am I going overboard having skills at 16 at chargen? Are my other skills going to suffer too much for my character to be effective?
>>
>>51754980
the usual distribution is 12/8/6, though having a skill be above that is usually fine

what skills are they and what archetype do you want to play

also post your char sheet so we can give better advice
>>
>>51754980
Depends entirely on the context.

If you are a Decker 16+ is actually very safe. 12 is not nearly enough to do hack anything more relevant than a vending machine in Shadowrun unless your GM ignores RAW on purpose and deliberately lowers the difficulty of Matrix Actions.

If you're a Mage or the main DPS, it can be really good as long as your team and GM are on-board and understand you're very much a one-trick-pony.

If you're the Face you've gone waaaay overboard.
>>
File: smug.jpg (25KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
25KB, 450x325px
>7 confirmed kills while flashing back to Az-Am war
>total of 10 confirmed kills that night, plus 1 blown up jeep and 1 taken-out earth spirit
>MFW Burmese cartel thugs were throwing their weapons down and surrendering by the end
I didn't choose the streetsam life, the streetsam life chose me.
>>
File: Inspector Gadget.jpg (213KB, 575x800px) Image search: [Google]
Inspector Gadget.jpg
213KB, 575x800px
>>51752777
Penny as a contact with a special cyberdog, Chief Quimbly as the fixer.
>>
File: Marcus Synth.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Marcus Synth.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Hey, srg, I just finished my second session with this character and should be getting an influx of karma and nuyen soon. I'm basically just a shitty streetsam right now, but I'd like to develop more out-of combat utility. I'm thinking drones or just surveillance/electronic warfare type stuff. Any thoughts on the best way to go about that? Also feel free to point out any fuckups I've made already.
>>
>>51755578
Sheet doesn't display properly. Print it to HTML, and convert to PDF.
>>
>>51755578
>>51755590
just realized that. dammit.
>>
File: Elf Biker.png (790KB, 630x708px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Biker.png
790KB, 630x708px
>>51753167
Assuming you mean ruthenium, as in ruthenium polymer coating, no. But you can get chameleon coating, which does much the same thing.
>>
I'm finally getting to doing the gear of my Face Adept Gorgon, but I don't know what gun to give her. Suggestions?
>>
File: 1482216661260.jpg (353KB, 1600x1513px) Image search: [Google]
1482216661260.jpg
353KB, 1600x1513px
>>51753991
>>51754193
Runners stole the designs from one company during testing and gave it to the other.
>>
>>51755603
>>51755578
Alright, you say it's a street sam, but it's got less than 12 dice in it's combat pools, no initiative booster at all, you're trying to use dual-wielding which is a TERRIBLE idea (And which you never take the quality for, because there's a piece of 'ware that does it for less), you have like 20 different guns for no reason, you have way more knives than you're going to need, you have THREE swords, your licenses and SINs aren't R4 or higher, and just goddamn son.
>>
File: You In Trouble Now.gif (968KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
You In Trouble Now.gif
968KB, 500x300px
>>51755641
Super Warhawk with ammo skip. Never goes out of style. And there are plenty of pistols that are called out as being stylish and appropriate for high society, which is important for a face.

Other guns may be better mechanically, but for the versatility and social impact nothing beat Pistols.
>>
>>51755676
Question: From which to which?
Twist: Both corps were working on a similar design, just on different areas. Corp A on part a, Corp B on part b. You need both for the final gun. The runners just gave both of them the part they were missing
>>
>>51751546
Why is this?
>>
>>51755727
Isn't the Optimum supposed to be pretty old? The Ares line is also pretty old, but the Optimum is old enough to be being phased out of Japanese military service. So I assume Ares stole the design from Nissan, but somehow I doubt it.
>>
>>51755715
Yeah that's what I thought regarding weapon type. Though I kinda liked the idea of using an SMG just from a visual standpoint. How is the Viper? The flechettes only hurts against armor, but I think the idea of a snake lady using a pistol named after a snake would be cute.
>>
File: Decker.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Decker.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51755166
I know my social is going to be shit, but that's just part of the character
>>
Does anyone runs/takes part in a game where English isn't the main language? I'm tempted to try a SR but the thought of using whatever translated terminology exist for all of the pink mohawk stuff and/or the spells, after reading books / playing SR video games, really makes me cringe.

Also are there any attractive troll females, and how much does pelvis reconstruction cost?
>>
File: Folding Sword.jpg (251KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
Folding Sword.jpg
251KB, 640x639px
>>51755856
The Viper is a really good choice for an everyday carry; burst-fire make up for the low accuracy, and it's so cheap you can get an internal smartgun no problem. Plus, it's got a huge magazine for a heavy pistol, which makes it really useful for social situations; the Viper is classy enough that you can carry it into all kinds of places with only a little trouble, but nobody's going to believe it's a showpiece if you've got a bunch of extra magazines in your clutch.

Walk in with the Viper and if things go south you've got something that can do some reliable damage for a long while until they send armoured goons after you. By which point your own armoured goons should be coming in through the windows.
>>
>>51751321
Turboracist. All non Japanese are inferior. Metas especially - people would rather have robots than metahuamsn picking up garbage. There are a few areas in Japan where not being 100% pure, ethnic Japanese will get your head kicked in.
>>
>>51751625

Well, we had good fun and all while doing petty runs, but now that the GM throw us into harder ones (specifically those with mages or cybered up security, our best combattant PC is a ganger with a smartlink), we're all scared that we are going to be smashed into a wall really soon, and the prospective isn't that fun at all.
We've discussed with him so that one of us should awaken with very limited magic (counterspell+astral perception) so that we at least are able to see astral hazards and spirits , but he seems very reluctant to it. Furthermore he assures us we're going to win the fights he throws us in. I hope he's right.
>>
>>51755707
>less than 12 dice in it's combat pools
oh shit, I'm at -3 because I got beats to shit. All firearms are 13dp.

>no initiative booster at all
yeah, I know. I didn't snag wired reflexes at chargen, so I'm 39k nuyen away from that now. any advice on unfucking that up?

>dual-wielding
Yup. First character. Made him before I realized you had to split your dicepool between hands. Seriously regretting it.

>like 20 different guns for no reason
Various caches around the city. Better to have and not need and all that. Is there an option in chummer to store that shit under the gear tab?

>knives
Same as above. Plus fuck you I like knives.

>THREE swords
Again, chummer doesn't sort weapons by location. Two are stashed.

>SINs aren't R4 or higher
Huh. I knew you needed decent fakes, but I wasn't sure what the benchmark was. I'll work on fixing that.

Seriously, thanks for helping though.
>>
File: 1460402762862.jpg (24KB, 573x599px) Image search: [Google]
1460402762862.jpg
24KB, 573x599px
>>51755980
Should clarify: the Viper is 8F, so 'a little trouble' means 'show them your scaly tits, and get Custom Look to make it appear to be some Fichetti variant for which you have a license'.
>>
>>51755980
>>51756034
Thanks for tips. She's only my third character so I don't have a huge amount of experience with the effectiveness of all the different weapons.

Now that you've mentioned it and I've thought about it though, I might go with a revolver. She's from Aztlan so a little bit of cowboy flavor works. Plus Colt Python and all that.
>>
>>51755974

I'm playing a game of SR5 set in Marseille, in France (lots of Mafia and gangs involved.) And yeah, translation is sometimes cringy, but we tend to adapt it a lot. In the other hand , our troll adept is hilariously well played , because his south-french accent is pure gold.

There are attractive troll females. Three reasons:
- Artists and devellopers are inconsistent with their arts and fluff. Some want metahumans to look like humans , some do not. Some trolls are pretty, some others are not in the fluff/illustrations, for what is worth.
- Attractiveness is subjective. If you don't like big girls with horns, you're likely not to find one attractive. Yet some other people will. Some people are ugly, some others are beautiful. Trolls can't be as "charismatic" as others in game because of speech empediment, self-insecurity, as much as being fuckhuge monsters with horns. Trolls having self-esteem can be seductive and attractive, and self-aware ones can be shy and cute. Subjective.
- Esthetic surgery. Since third edition, trolls can sand their bony deposits, cut off their warts, have smooth skin , reduce their tusks, and all in all have a "normal human" appareance, and just be big humans (which I personnaly find saddening but he.)

So yes. Trolls are people, and people are varied, so attractive ones , and ugly piles of vile turd both.
>>
File: IMG_3482.jpg (213KB, 1091x984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3482.jpg
213KB, 1091x984px
>>51752921
>>51752928
Hoi, I'm still around. My SR game ended a while back, so I've been working on some other stuff, but I still lurk here all the time. I'd like to start doing drawfriendship again one day.

Posting some hot OC of my last crew. Left to right: Greg (me), Astriid, Preach, Yan Huo, and Splice.
>>
File: Mateba Revolvers.jpg (253KB, 996x890px) Image search: [Google]
Mateba Revolvers.jpg
253KB, 996x890px
>>51756131
Pistols are cheap enough that you can and should have several - a taser for legal situations, holdouts and light pistols for concealable weapons, heavy pistols for when you absolutely need to defend yourself and the rest can go hang. Remember to get Personalized Grips and smartlinks for easy bonuses.
>>
>>51756208
>6 runners
>5 names
have you forgotten something?
>>
>>51756177
So you run the game speaking only French? Where did you get any kind of formal translation, from a translated system manual?

I like horned, tusked big girls. I don't like warts, though.
>>
>>51756251

>from a translated system manual

Yes. France is very very well documented on Shadowrun, as much as germany and north america. The manuals and books have all been translated there, and it's not so hard to find german or french stuff. Furthermore , exclusive sourcebooks and novels are hailing from germany and france. German ones are really good, and French ones are...Well, not so good.
>>
>>51756208
glad you're still here! i wish i had some cool stories to go along with the chars that you've drawn but i've used them mostly as NPCs or redshirts

i really like that gameboy style of art - like really, really like it, but you forgot something like >>51756237 mentioned.
>>
File: Yakisoba.jpg (301KB, 448x800px) Image search: [Google]
Yakisoba.jpg
301KB, 448x800px
She was a hot tempered lady that ran a noddle shop that was also a money laundering setup for the triad. Rumor was, the broth tasted so good because of a certain special something (read: human body parts)
>>
File: fatass.jpg (124KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
fatass.jpg
124KB, 780x585px
I've got one of those guys in my group who picked up a bad habit from Pathfinder. Specifically, the bad habit of ignoring RAI and select bits of fluff to tastelessly exploit loopholes in RAW.

For example, when most of hear "dart rifle with narcojet", we think "specialized weapon for when you need to take a target alive". He thinks "weapon that I'm going to use all the time because I shouldn't have to deal with armor like everyone else does". He also uses stick'n'shock to shoot people through armored glass windows, even though that's not stick'n'shocks do. And to add insult to injury, he's a filthy black trenchcoat fag who gloats about how all his equipment is legal, as if he were some sort of law-abiding citizen and not a terrorist/deniable asset/troubleshooter for hire.

If I were the GM, I'd actually do something about him, but as a player I can't do much other than vent my frustration on /srg/.
>>
>>51756574
>weapon that I'm going to use all the time
see Spoony's Super soaker war
>stick'n'shock to shoot people through armored glass windows
how? As far as I know glass is not affected by electricity

talk to your GM about it?

>captcha: your local nevers
I know captcha, I know
>>
>>51756033
>Various caches around the city.
If they are miraculously not stolen by chucklefucks, they'll still be useless the moment the run takes you out of the city. Do what everyone else does, and carry all the guns you need in one convenient duffel bag.
>>
>>51756237
>>51756327
Oops.
Greg, Astriid, Preach, Templar, Yan Huo, and Splice.
>>
File: 1289565481542.jpg (685KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1289565481542.jpg
685KB, 1280x720px
>>51756304
>>Translated manuals in France
Meanwhile, on the other side of the Mont Blanc, I have to make do with the English manuals. Good thing my day job is translation.

Also, beside the whole Federation thing, some bits and pieces about the GeMiTo sprawl and one snippet about Venice being miraculously saved by sinking in the Adriatic by some guy posing as Da Vinci, Italy's not as well documented. At least I can make a bunch of stuff up.

Just out of curiosity, since at least two of my group's characters have previously ran together in France in their past, which books have more about l'Hexagone in the Sixth World?
A visit to the SOX some time after their current runs could be *fun*.
>>
>>51751321
Up to you really how much you want to play it up or down. I bet you some good nuyen if there where any Japanese freelancers it would get toned down a lot.
>>
>>51756645
>see Spoony's Super soaker war
Haven't seen this one before, but I suspect it's an arms race between players and GM concerning stupid rule exploits.

>how? As far as I know glass is not affected by electricity
Exactly. The only reason the GM let it fly is because he had a lot of Shadowrun rules and fluff more or less memorized, but not that one particular ammo type. And of course, I didn't have it perfectly memorized either and it was the middle of combat, so like hell was I going to slow things down by starting an argument. Especially not when the fucking aspected summoner slowed down the entire fucking game with his constant "I summon a spirit", "I bind a spirit" and "I make a spirit do a thing". Holy fuck Dan, why can't you be like us streetsams and not try to shove yourself into every aspect of the run?

Definitely going to bring up the stick'n'shock thing at the start of the next session, but I don't know what to do about the frigging dart rifle.
>>
>>51756939
Hm.

I'll go on limb and ask: perhaps YOU're the autist in this equation?

Cus' like, just bending the rules a bit, when it doesn't harm other player characters and GM is on board with it, seems completely harmless.

And if it's just the fact that his character is a bit braggy... That's a character trait? I mean, if that's the kind of personality his character has, tough.

If it seriously infuriates you, work it out with the guy. I personally can't understand how just someone being braggy can make you angry but... Ok?

In fact this seems like an occasion for some character development. Next time you guys are preping for the next job in your favorite bar, take some time to talk to him about this.
>>
>>51756939
>but I suspect it's an arms race between players and GM concerning stupid rule exploits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPM7I49fj8

>he had a lot of Shadowrun rules and fluff more or less memorized, but not that one particular ammo type
I'm a SR GM myself, and when something like this happens I usually pull something out of my ass, look it up afterwards, and tell them next session how it's gonna be

>"I summon a spirit", "I bind a spirit" and "I make a spirit do a thing"
??
How good is he that a) he doesn't take too much damage by summoning, b) doesn't take too much damage by binding and c) still gets enough services?
Also, unless they changed it binding takes a number of hours equal to the force and binding material equal to 500 nuYen per Force

And concerning the dart rifle: Ask the GM what consequences this will have if dozens of guards get targeted by them. Because at some point it will get known and people will invest in countermeasures
>>
File: 1421273970229.jpg (193KB, 864x702px) Image search: [Google]
1421273970229.jpg
193KB, 864x702px
Is there any advantage to taking clubs or unarmed over blades as a street-sam?
>>
>>51757408
Clubs I don't know about but all Implant Weapons work off of Unarmed Combat. Plus I don't think I have to explain to you the advantages of being undisarmable.
>>
>>51757020
>I'll go on limb and ask: perhaps YOU're the autist in this equation?
Oh, we're all autists in this equation. I'm the pink mohawk autist who rolls his eyes at his black trenchcoat autism, and he's the black trenchcoat autist who grinds his teeth at my pink mohawk autism. We're going to have to butt heads over our differences in autism until we find a happy medium or otherwise come to terms with each other.

>Cus' like, just bending the rules a bit
It's one thing to bend the rules when it's in line with established fluff, and quite another to bend the rules against the established fluff.

>>51757045
>I'm a SR GM myself, and when something like this happens I usually pull something out of my ass, look it up afterwards, and tell them next session how it's gonna be
That's his style too, but he's got a busy life so sometimes he doesn't look up stuff after the fact.

>And concerning the dart rifle: Ask the GM what consequences this will have if dozens of guards get targeted by them. Because at some point it will get known and people will invest in countermeasures
Thing is, there's no specific countermeasures to darts. There's no gear that protects against injection vector toxins, and 3 hits on his attack test is all he needs to ignore all and any armor. Even if he put Toxin Extractor 6 and Nephritic Screen 6 into every thug we come across, that's still not good enough because narcojet is a power 15 toxin. He could rule that people with dermal plating, orthoskin and/or any variety of full body armor are immune to dart guns; I'll have to run that idea by him.
>>
>>51757408
The biggest advantage is the reach. The Stun Baton is the same as the Shock Hand, besides Reach, so you have a simple non-lethal option. Bone Lacing/Density + Striking Callouses = (STR+5p), so your fists will easily match any club or blade. Plus you can't have that easily taken from you, and you don't have to conceal it. If you're a Chromehead, just attach a Spur and Shockhand to your Cyberarm for 12p or 9s(e).
>>
>>51752921
>bioware decks
Thats actually a cool idea !

Imagen, Shadowrun 6th edition, the Matirx has noe completely gone fereal. The cloud processing capabilites have gone too far and even simple RFID chips startet to develope a rudimentary AI, and the more advanced the device is the more powerfull is it natural AI.

Conventional Commlinks and Cyberdecks stopped working one at a time and an alternative had to be found.

Then, finally, a breakthrough in the technomancer research, while most of their powers is still a mystery, scientist where able to imitate one thing, albeit differently.

The link between a technomancers consciousness and the Matrix.

A new cyberware and or biowar comes to the market, a new version of the direct neural interface, which merges the Metahuman mind with the device itself, a risky process but it prevents the birth of a new AI on the device.

A new breed of Decker comes to the sixth world, one which has the balls to communicate with the wild matrix with their very being at stake.

The new AI devices tend to do their job for the most of their time, but tend to go on a rampage after some time passes, hence every device (including commlinks) get "Updatet" regulary (get their AI murdered and develope a new one soon)

But powerfull devices like decks develope a too powerfull AI to quickly, hence the need for the DNI 2.0 to work with them.

Possible upsides on this:
>Justify a new overhaul of the Matrix rules, hopefully one which is more intuitive with the "fereal" nature of the Matrix.
Preferable with rules for "overtaking" a device like: Kill the A.I. and take the empty device into your brain network.

>Deckers get to be cool for once
>>
File: Cyberspur.jpg (40KB, 736x540px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberspur.jpg
40KB, 736x540px
>>51757444
>being undisarmable

Removing limbs is a time-honoured tradition. Or there are those cyberblade cover things, if you're a pussy
>>
>>51757919
>>Deckers get to be cool for once
>implying deckers aren't the most wiz archetype in every game

I do like the general idea of biodecks and a feral Matrix, though.

Is English your second language
>>
>>51758121
Thanks, but yes english is my second language, usually i write better but i only slept for like 5 hours so it's a little lacking.
>>
>>51758121
>>51758141
Too much Long Haul is a mistake.
>>
>>51758121
... But there are already are Deckers with Biowere Decks... We call them Technomancers.
>>
>>51758141
It was either foreigner or phoneposting. Both are unforgivable.
>>
>>51758154
You'r right on that, I'll go to bed soon, but i needed to share my two nuyen on the matrix rules.
>>
ITT: things that megarich make runners do, just for fun and because they can

>Mr. Johnson hires you to break into a boardroom rival's apartment and clog his toilet
>Here are industrial-grade laxatives
>>
File: Group Pose.jpg (138KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
Group Pose.jpg
138KB, 500x647px
>>51758441
There was a whole module back in the day which was basically "Harlequin pays you to dick with an old friend". IIRC, it involved stuff like going into his trophy case and reorganizing the display.
>>
>>51752921
>>51757919
I've had this campaign-idea floating about where Shiawase attempts to make knock-off Technomancers by implanting specially-made clusters of neural-cells all around their brain and spine, along with what's basically a motherboard printed out of organic materials which would attempt to translate signals from the neural-clusters into computer signals, requiring only a modified datajack to connect to external machines.

The resultant 'Wetware Processors' would unsuccesful as none of the researchers had yet figured out how to 'program' the neural-clusters in any meaningful way, and the host-metahumans wouldn't live longer than a year due to worsening episodes of epilepsy and mental instability as a result of the bio-implants being unable to filter the vast influx of information whenever they're plugged into the matrix.

The only real use these failed experiments was that while the implants couldn't emulate any meaningful computer-signals, it could take the incoherent noise and basically act as an incredibly jacked-up DDOS-attack, flooding any connected device with an ungodly amount of discordant data: Machines would crash and malfunction, matrix-users in VR would feel like they're being hit with the mother of all data-spikes and the Wetware Processor itself would collapse to the ground in a screaming-fit as the resultant feedback would flood back unfiltered into their own brains and kill them.
>>
>>51758441
>Mr.Johnson hires you to mess up the lawns of several other rich chucklefucks so that he may yet again win the coveted "Seattle Lawn of the Year" award
>>
>>51758703
That would actually be a challenge, considering any lawn that could survive Seattle's acid rain would be some bioengineered Frankenstien grass, with an army of gardener drones equipped with Light Fire 75s to fend off the devil rats.
>>
>>51758741
How well do you think bioengineered Frankenstein grass would hold up to a Roadmaster doing donuts?
>>
>>51758197
But that would also set technos apart from mages. (fluff wise)

you can't have technology that recreates magic effects. But when the corps manage to create a bride between mind and matrix for mundan (even throug to fusion of internal ware and external processing power), technos would have a legit "not just cyber magic" argument.

Technos could still be able to do techno only stuff like sprites and resonance actions, Deckers could even use different attributes in the matrix to take actions than tachnos, to set them apart.
>>
>>51750823
GM question here: What would a character roll to suss out how many points another player or NPC has in a particular skill?

The 'You've never actually held a sword before, have you?' roll.

Opposed Con roll seems weird since it means that a master martial artist with poor Con/Negotiation can't actually spot when the elf with tailored pheromones is just making bruce lee noises and wiggling at him.
>>
>>51758835
Treat it as an opposed Knowledge/Substituted Active Skill + INT/LOG vs Con + CHA test.
>>
>>51758835
Judge Intentions?
>>
>>51758835
If it's a situation where one party is trying to deceive the other about their skill level one way or another, opposed rolls with the skill in question. Deceiver rolls with CHA, investigator rolls with INT. If there's no attempt at deception, then investigator rolls Skill+INT with a threshold of of target's Skill/3.
>>
>>51758441
>Get their collection of vintage baseball cards from the Boston QZ.

>Break into their neighbor's mansion to find out who sculpted their topiary.

>Follow their ex-wife's new boy friend and plant evidence of him cheating on her.
>>
>>51758776
About as well as the Roadmaster would hold up to the Red Samurai coming to take care of their boss's lawn.
>>
>>51757020
Well, shooting through the glass with (s) ammunition is a no-no, since structures absorb stun damage.
>>
>>51758952
So it depends on the skill of your rigger and which aftermarket upgrades you added?
>>
>>51758901
>Judge Intentions?
Against what Threshold? Easy 1? Averae 2? Hard 4?

>>51758938
>Skill/3
That would be Zero most of the time, though. An auto-success.

>>51758888
I could see this working. Thank you!
>>
>>51758835
Opposed relevant Attribute + Skill test. You can rule that some social modifiers apply for such a roll even if they generally shouldn't.
>>
>>51759058
How adept are they at this? Is it a street sam trying to figure out a guy never having held a sword before? Do they have any points in a related skill?
>>
>>51759058
>That would be Zero most of the time, though. An auto-success.
Well, yeah. If someone doesn't know what they're doing, it's going to be obvious to someone who does know what they're doing.
>>
>>51759409
It doesn't have to be someone who knows what they're doing, though. A wageslave with 3 intuition, defaulting, has about a fifty percent chance of getting a hit, and hitting the threshold of anyone who doesn't have six points in a given skill.
>>
File: 1457643084563.gif (441KB, 1100x582px) Image search: [Google]
1457643084563.gif
441KB, 1100x582px
>>51757919
>>51758666
hello satan
when i posted the earlier idea of bioware decks i wasn't considering any of the larger implications, just that there are cyber and bio equivalents at most every level and the next step for decking would probably be some kind of deck in your brain that runs off bacteria instead of electrons and would provide a unique set of benefits like extra hardening of some sich.
i like the concepts you both have much better than my initial idea, partly because you've both fleshed out your worlds quite nicely with this new bioware deck stuff.
i wonder if the devs have thrown around this idea before - it honestly surprises me something like this isn't in-game now that i'm really thinking about this. is there something gamebreaking or fluff-breaking that i'm missing here?
>>
File: modern begging in china.png (440KB, 490x616px) Image search: [Google]
modern begging in china.png
440KB, 490x616px
What do beggars look like in your game?
>>
>>51759956
If you want to implement it, I'd suggest these things:
You need a datajack to use the Bio-deck, it interfaces between the bio-circuitry tech magic and the traditional matrix devices around you.
This is like Monad-developed tech, and should be npc rival, deltagrade, prime runner shit.
It's not really supported or unsupported by the fluff AFAIK, so keep it experimental, or else you might stray from the world as designed/intended.
>>
File: 1145552214522.png (1MB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1145552214522.png
1MB, 1024x1536px
>>51760229
>It's not really supported or unsupported by the fluff AFAIK, so keep it experimental, or else you might stray from the world as designed/intended.
a biodeck will go well with my teleporter technology (only 4km range though) and Za Warudo (-6d6 init to everyone besides me) :-DDD
>>
>>51759008
so what you are saying is that gel round from sniper can lay down a grown man in a single shot but can not go through piece of glass ?
>>
>>51760526
I'd emphatically say that's not right, but there it is.

>Fragile: Structure 1, Armour 2
>Example: standard glass
>>
>>51760526
it honestly makes sense
when you want to take someone down non-lethally you want a low pressure and high area, which is why the gel rounds flatten on impact
but when you want to penetrate something like a glass pane you want pressure to puncture it, with higher pressure meaning less power lost. here the bullets are less useful

this of course does not mean that they CAN'T penetrate something like glass, just that it's harder
>>
>>51760526
Skin is soft, glass is hard, gel is bouncy
>>
>>51760710
so is lacrosse ball
wanna get hit by one?
>>
>>51760790
How did it cross your mind that anyone thought getting hit by gel would not hurt? It's the opposite of what everyone has been talking about.
>>
File: they used to make swords.jpg (29KB, 305x420px) Image search: [Google]
they used to make swords.jpg
29KB, 305x420px
>>51752995
That shaving team needs their Johnson to be named Wilkinson and be a retired runner from the 2030s or something.
>>
>>51759025
>>51758952
>>51758776
>>51758741
>>51758703
>be head of Seattle office of an AAA corp
>sleeping peacefully in bed one morning, dreaming of the glory and honor winning the coveted "Seattle Lawn of the Year" award will bring you
>suddenly awake to a terrible noise
>look out window
>some jackass in an armored-up Ares Roadmaster with bullbars has burst through the hedges, smashed through your gazebo, ruined your zen garden and is currently doing donuts on your lawn
>run to emergency "Call the HTR" button and press it
>return to window to see that that they've managed to turn your million nuyen marble statue of the Buddha into rubble and start making another donut
>by the time the HTR team arrives, they've managed knock down your 50 year old cherry blossom tree
>they fire anti-vehicle rockets at the Roadmaster, blowing up landscaping as well
>the Roadmaster takes off at a speed about 4 times faster than what you thought Roadmasters were capable of and crashes through the hedges to escape onto the street
>as you stare out at the desolation that used to be your lawn, you realize exactly who was responsible for this.
>>
>>51760828
I was gonna say something but then
Doesn't unarmed attacks do stun damage?
Does this mean that you can't break window with a punch?
>>
>>51760965
G L O R I O U S
it will be done
>>
>>51760994
You need a called shot. Given that it's against a stationary target, the penalty shouldn't matter if you've got the actual strength needed to break it in the first place.

Hell, just don't roll, buy (use per 3 instead, I'd say) and you should still be able to get regular glass in a hit or two if you don't need speed.
>>
What is the highest amount of noise reduction you can get on a deck, money and availability not-withstanding?
>>
>>51760526
Gel rounds you could at least make an argument for being able to punch through glass, because with gel rounds the damage comes from the bullet transferring kinetic energy into whatever it hits. With stick'n'shock, however, there is negligible kinetic energy transferred and the damage is all electric.
>>
>>51760986
>knock down your 50 year old cherry blossom tree
Noooooooooooooooo :(
this hit me right in the feels. That was mean.
>>
>>51761057
>need complex action and free action to break a glass
this makes me smile
>>
>>51761152
Not "a glass". That would be an object.

A glass barrier.
>>
Whats the highest total karma you've ever had /srg/? I'm almost at 250, but the gm plays fast and loose with karma rewards and I'm spread pretty thin so I don't feel high leveled
>>
>>51761152
And that's just for normies, mind you. Streetsams and phyads jump through glass windows like it's nothing, though sadly there appear to be no official rules for doing so in a way that doesn't take an extra action.
>>
Does this need toning down?
>>
>>51761364
Nah, I've seen way more optimized combos.
>>
>>51760986
>he killed a cherry blossom
>in seattle
>in shitty depressing polluted cyberpunk world
I WOULD FUCKING MURDER THAT JACKASS AND THE SHIT STAIN WHO HIRED HIM FOR FREE

well ok not free but definitely at a discount
>>
File: keksimus.jpg (49KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.jpg
49KB, 596x628px
>>51761474
>>51761078
Oh, wow, I did not expect that detail to warrant such a strong reaction.
>>
File: This is MY country.jpg (596KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
This is MY country.jpg
596KB, 675x1200px
would you consider Doom as wearing medium power armor? light? modified heavy?
>>
File: 5b8w2mw7.gif (3MB, 460x317px) Image search: [Google]
5b8w2mw7.gif
3MB, 460x317px
>>51756574
The SnS shit is perfectly viable.
Its designed to deliver a shock on impact, its still a projectile with plenty of velocity. More than enough to shatter normal glas.and if he is shooting through barriers, use the fucking rules for this.

For the narcojet, read the fucking rules on drug speed.
"instant speed" isn't instant speed in Shadowrun.

>The effect of the dart depends on the drug payload,
but to successfully deliver that payload, the attack
with the dart must get at least one net hit against an
unarmored target or three net hits against a target with
armor.

Also:
He is firing ammo worth 125 Nuyen per fucking single shot.
Stop being a faggot. If thats a problem, your group has some issues.
>>
>>51761521
It was a nice touch. Natural things that don't kill you have more value in cyberpunk settings. Makes those we-can't-have-nice-things moments that much more outrageous.
>>
>>51761185
At the table?

Some guy with 380 something Karma

Myself? around 50.
>>
>>51761581
>and if he is shooting through barriers, use the fucking rules for this.
You mean the rules that say barriers ignore stun damage?

>For the narcojet, read the fucking rules on drug speed. "instant speed" isn't instant speed in Shadowrun.
That does a fat lot of good when he's picking people off before combat proper begins.

>He is firing ammo worth 125 Nuyen per fucking single shot.
And I fire 120 nuyen APDS rounds on full auto, what's your point?

>Stop being a faggot. If thats a problem, your group has some issues.
I don't think you quite understand what the problem is here. He's found a way to bypass the most ubiquitous defense mechanic in the game at little cost to himself and is abusing it. If that doesn't sound like a genuine problem to you, then you can fuck right back off to /pfg/.
>>
>>51762057
>You mean the rules that say barriers ignore stun damage?
He means the rules that say barriers automatically take 1 damage unresisted and the shot passes through, cocktopus.
>>
>>51762120
I don't see how that rule overrides "barriers ignore stun damage".
>>
>>51756727

Shadows of europe basically. The stuff you'll find in it is pretty much everything FASA decided to keep from the France sourcebook Descartes Edition did a while ago, which frankly was a bunch of made-up bullshit for the most part. ( Like France having Two brand new snowflake Great Dragons.) Brittany being overwhelmed with mists and french government giving SINs to every sentient critter or sapient that asks is also a thing they kept. (Land of men rights, right.)
>>
>>51760142

like shamans. Exactly like shamans. Make my PCs have some respect and spare change at all times.
>>
>>51762148
>and the shot passes through, cocktopus.
>>
>>51762219
So, I can fire gel rounds at a window all day and watch them bounce off because barriers ignore stun damage, but the second I try to shoot someone on the other side of the window they'll magically start passing through? Fuck off, dipshit.
>>
>>51762219
>This is only true for weapons whose modified DV exceeds the Armor rating of the barrier. As above, if the modified DV is less than the Armor, the attack is stopped dead with no damage to anything.
>>
>>51762278
Called Shot (Knock Harder) to do phys with a stun weapon. Depending on the kind of barrier, you might not even notice the called shot penalty because you're already firing blind.

There's not even a damage penalty to deal with.
>>
File: 1353696143004.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1353696143004.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>51762057
READ THE FUCKING RULES ON DRUGS

After you get hit, you stil have the option to perform actions before the damage kicks in.

If you idiots play Shadowrun as some sort of Videogame where nobody ever raises the alarm so he can do his stuff without problems, its solemly your problem.

>f that doesn't sound like a genuine problem to you

Oh noez.
If he really wanted to be efficient, he'd simply chuck grenades with neurostun.
Because then its not about getting 3 netto hits vs a defense roll, its only about getting 3 hits (actually less, usually) on your attack vs nothing.
You are simply unimaginative crybabies who get triggered by shit that is basically on level 3 or so on a power scale ranging up to 10.

Crying about this on the minmaxer general doesn't make it better, quite the contrary.

Also:
>Absusing
he is efficient.
Learn to getgud, same thing goes for your GM.
Wonder what'll happen with your group when somebody actually bothers to read to rules and stumble uppon quickened, Bulls-eye tripple bursts with the Crocket, Noizequitos killing people with forced speedballing of injection drugs, Manablades and all the other really good stuff.

You faggots probably start crying and quit the game.
>>
>>51762278
>Add the attacker’s net hits to the Damage Value of the weapon to determine the modified Damage Value.

>Gel rounds: +0S +1AP
>Fragile (standard glass) Armour: 1 (modified 2)
>>
>>51762370
"quickened spells (especially INI and attribute boosts)"
selffix
>>
>>51762057
>If the barrier takes the hit first, the gamemaster rolls Structure + Armor to resist the damage, and the structure takes any unresisted damage. If the Structure rating is exceeded by the damage it suffers, any remaining damage is transferred to the target behind the barrier.
>If the weapon’s modified Damage Value does not exceed the barrier’s Armor rating (modified by the weapon’s AP), then the weapon is simply not strong enough to pierce the barrier, and the attack automatically fails.

>Resolve the Damage Resistance Test by rolling the barrier’s Structure + Armor. Barriers ignore Stun damage.
>>
>>51762342
Actually, called shots stack with other penalties, but that's beside the point because
>Called Shot (Knock Harder) to do phys with a stun weapon.
wasn't what was happening last night.

>>51762372
>Gel rounds: +0S +1AP
>Fragile (standard glass) Armour: 1 (modified 2)
>total DV: 0, because barriers ignore stun.
>thus, the shot does not go through
>>
>>51762370
Oh look, it's the fucking blood magic apologist here to shit up the thread again.
>>
>>51762418
>>thus, the shot does not go through

No, thus the shot goes through but the barrier ignores the 1 stun damage it would take to its track.

Ffs, some people..
>>
>>51762418
>>total DV: 0, because barriers ignore stun.
Modified DV is calculated before rolling soak (where 'ignore stun' comes in), Barrier penetration checks modified DV vs modified AV, then either stops it or allows it through.
>>
>>51762453
>Ffs, some people..
That is just rich coming from the guy who can't even understand ignores damage=DV of 0.
>>
File: fedorasam.jpg (128KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
fedorasam.jpg
128KB, 900x675px
>>51762450
Oh look, its the butthurt neckbeard underage faggot again, raging in his fantasyworld of "it was real in my mind". And he actually sucks at rules to.
Well, colour me not surprised.
>>
>>51762464
So again we have the scenario where lazily firing gel rounds at a window all day does nothing to the window, but once you try to shoot someone on the other side of the window they magically start passing though.
>>
>>51762260
>So, I can fire gel rounds at a window all day and watch them bounce off because barriers ignore stun damage, but the second I try to shoot someone on the other side of the window they'll magically start passing through?
CGL editing.
Seems like another problem where you just need a GM with half a brain who can realise that the rules as written are fucking stupid.
>>
>>51762466
it ignores damage != compare for modified damage value

But yeah, sure, go for a ruling that makes a gel round strong enough to make a troll see stars (shot from eg a shotgun) bounce off from a piece of lightly armored glas.
Totally makes sense, really.
I hope you aren't the "RAI!" guy from above.
>>
>>51762483
In other news, if you can't see someone behind a barrier, they don't get a defence roll.

>If the defender is completely hidden behind the barrier, the attacker suffers a –6 Blind Fire dice pool modifer for not being able to see his intended target, but the hidden defender is considered unaware of the attack.

>CGL editing
Strikes Again! Ha. Ha. Ha.
>>
>>51762511
>can't see someone behind a barrier

And this is relevant for shooting somebody through glass in exactly which way?

Because hidden != covered
>>
>>51762509
>But yeah, sure, go for a ruling that makes a gel round strong enough to make a troll see stars (shot from eg a shotgun) bounce off from a piece of lightly armored glas.
You mean the actual ruling?

>>51762511
Granted, there are a few oddball scenarios where that one would actually make sense, like where a guy ducks behind cover and while you can't see him you still have a rough idea where he is. It's when you apply to scenarios where you have no idea where the guy behind the barrier is.
>>
>>51762537
It's entirely unrelated to anything other than the rules suck.
>>
>>51762483
No? Barrier rolls damage resistance. Barrier automatically ignores all the damage, because barriers ignore stun. There is no remaining unresisted damage to flow through, so no damage is dealt.

Do you want to argue that neuro-stun can destroy walls as well?
>>51762511
How are you going to dodge if you can't see where the guy is aiming?
>>
>>51762511
That at least makes some sense.
If you're hanging out behind a wall and can't see your attacker, but they have a decent idea of where you are, it's a bit hard to dodge the burst of fire that comes tearing through the wall.
>>
>>51762580
>You mean the actual ruling?
The actual ruling would be given by the GM. We're just talking rules and interpretations.

Contrast the full cover = unaware = no defence actions with this;

>Note that even stationary or inanimate targets may have a defense dice pool if they have Partial or Good cover.

So a cardboard box behind another cardboard box will get cover defence dice, but not if the 'cover' box is just large enough to eclipse the 'hiding' box.
>>
>>51762632
You misunderstand Yekka, I was saying that
>lazily firing gel rounds at a window all day does nothing to the window, but once you try to shoot someone on the other side of the window they magically start passing though.
was stupid and obviously an incorrect ruling.

>>51762651
>The actual ruling would be given by the GM. We're just talking rules and interpretations.
The core rulebooks unambiguously says that barriers ignore stun damage, don't try to pass this off as a rule 0 thing.
>>
>>51762580
>It's when you apply to scenarios where you have no idea where the guy behind the barrier is.
If you have no idea where he is how are you choosing to target him?
>>
>>51762580
>You mean the actual ruling?

It isn't.
You are intermingling two different things.

Coaty McTrenchfag shoots with his SnS loaded Predator at the guard behind his armored window.
You roll your damage vs Stucture + Armor and check if its bigger (highly likely with 1+2), then split the dmage accordingly (say 2 hits, so 2 damage for the window, rest for the guard).
The damage for the window is stun though, so the barrier doesn't get any damage on the track and the guard gets the remaining one to his head.
Congratulations, you put a small hole in the glass, but didn't destroy its structural integrity.while still damaging whoever was standing behind it.

Any GM ruling this in a very different way should probably just go back to video games.
>>
>>51762680
When it comes to penetrating barriers, we've already covered the rules and order of operations. If you still feel like there's something to argue, bring something new into it.
>>
>>51762683
Hm, fair, that penalty only can apply if you have a rough idea of where the target is. That leaves us with the question of what everybody should be rolling if you don't know where behind the barrier the target is and have opted to spray and pray. Something something, supressive fire?
>>
>>51762714
>Congratulations, you put a small hole in the glass, but didn't destroy its structural integrity
Obviously you have never broken any glass in your life, argument disregarded.

>>51762725
Please explain to me how the gel round manages to quantum tunnel through the window.
>>
>>51762789
We got a traveller from future alternate dimensions here, and one who has spent their life breaking glass, too! Everyone quiet down while they share their otherworldly wisdom with us.
>>
>>51762813
Have considered that it was you who was the immature one? Just curious.
>>
>/srg/ - Shooting Windows General
>>
Is there any way to get outright immune to a toxin?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWbNYI5kzrk
>>
>>51762849
Keep projecting, quantum tunneller. You might even reply to the same anon you think you are.
>>
>>51762891
Immunity: Toxins is often used that way.
>>
>>51762921
but RAW it doesn't give you immunity, just 1 unit of resistance.
>>
>>51752428
I generally divide cyberdeck costs by 3 due to just how absurdly high they are.
>>
>>51762789
>obviously

just shut your childmouth

Here, have somebody shoot through glass, without shattering it.

https://youtu.be/Mt2mzCBnEXg?t=148
>>
>>51762933
You're going to have to be more specific as to what you're talking about, because CGL in their wisdom decided immunity was a good word for many different things.
>>
>>51762966
immunity.
Like, actually not giving a fuck about said toxin.
>>
>>51762872
>>51762872
>shooting windows
>blood magic
>one LOG equals autism
Am I missing any others?
>>
>>51762912
>>51762951
>samefagging
>>
>>51762891
no hard one for infinite exposure
>>
>>51762985
nukes
Sleeping Tiger
Retribution for killing guards

that's all I remember right now
>>
File: fedoras mind.jpg (16KB, 357x246px) Image search: [Google]
fedoras mind.jpg
16KB, 357x246px
>>51762990
>it was real in my mind
(paranoid schizophrenia intensifies)

Take your pills, kiddo.
>>
>>51762973
No shit.

When you say immunity gives you X, you need to be specific on which immunity you mean.

Adept power, critter power, positive quality, other?
>>
>>51763006
>Sleeping Tiger
Don't you mean Trash and Whores General?
>>
>>51763014
yeah
>>
>>51763013
a thing a player can get.
>>
File: 1364821813928.png (79KB, 426x382px) Image search: [Google]
1364821813928.png
79KB, 426x382px
>>51763006
Omega Dawn
You are playing it /wrong/
Pixie Riggers in Anthrodrones
Neotheny Lolishit
>>
File: Untitle.png (70KB, 340x245px) Image search: [Google]
Untitle.png
70KB, 340x245px
>>51763012
>he thinks screencaps prove anything
Isn't it past your bedtime?
>>
>>51763035
>just 1 unit of resistance
Did you pull this out of your natural smuggling compartment?
>>
>>51763051
>he thinks anybody would bother faking something of such non relevance within 2 minutes

you have major mental issues.
>>
>>51763076
Immunity: toxins just gives you resistance to a single dose of the drug.
Which makes it useless to continuous drugs like neurostun.
>>
>>51763078
>he thinks anybody would bother faking something of such non relevance within 2 minutes
I have seen people do it before, why should I assume you're not doing it now?
>>
>>51763076
>The character can take one dose of the drug or poison
and experience one exposure to the disease every six
hours with no ill effects. Any subsequent dosing or exposure
during the next six hours causes normal damage,
but the character’s recovery time is halved.

read the fucking rules
>>
>>51753689
If you're an idiot then Catalyst Game Labs are subhuman manslug beasts that can only consume food and shit it back out and lack even the higher functions necessary to reproduce.

Because you do better work then CGL.
>>
>>51763129
>and lack even the higher functions necessary to reproduce.
>implying reproduction even requires higher functions
>>
>>51763108
Because not everyone is a sad tosser like you who'd actually bother (or imagine) faking something with exactly zero relevance to the discussion or anything in the thread, you paranoid lunatic.
>>
>>51754193
Never trust 5e art.
It sucks dick.
>>
>>51763145
>you paranoid lunatic.
>you have major mental issues.
>>it was real in my mind
>(paranoid schizophrenia intensifies)
>Take your pills, kiddo.
Are you trying to assassinate my character, gaslight me or just projecting?
>>
>>51763118
You're an amusing fuckin' dumbass.

>>51763102
>NATURAL IMMUNITY

The quality is called Natural Immunity.

>IMMUNITY

Immunity is the critter power;

>Some Immunities function slightly differently, because the attack they protect against doesn’t do damage, per se.

No rules for this specifically, but you either follow this:

>Effectively, the critter has a Hardened Armor rating equal to twice its Essence against that particular kind of damage.

Or you outright negate any toxin.
>>
>>51763102
There are soft nanites that can carry an antidote for neurostun within them, or to be more precise, serveral doses of it, depending on their rating..
This would give you a chance to get out of the stunfog before the effect isn't blocked anymore.
Another option would be a combination of a chemsniffer sensor hooked up to one of those external autoinjectors (the gear type) from chromeflesh to keep you saturated with antidotes without having to rely on nanostuff.
Not perfect, but worth a try
ib4: you are fedoranackbeards GM looking for some counter for that Mirrorfag
>>
>>51763206
Oh, and there are PC types that get Immunity.

>>51763218
Anti-Tox will reduce any toxin power by the nanite rating.
>>
>>51763206
>other player wants a thing a player can get
>throw actual rulestext of "natural immunity" at him
>durr you are le dumbass, here have some critter power

Wow, now thats stupid as fuck

>>51763195
How many times need i spell it out for you that you are obviously mentally damaged?

>projecting

larl
>one wrong-way driver? Hundreds of them!
>>
>>51763282
Sorry to hear you couldn't follow the thread of conversation, omae. Better luck next time.
>>
>>51763246
>Anti-Tox will reduce any toxin power by the nanite rating.

Eh, might be a possibility, if you can keep the rating high and have high stats to roll.
I was thinking about carcerand-plus, but it seems that one only contains a single dose, making it pretty shit if you get smoked-out
>>
>ROCK LIZARD BLOOD
>Vector: Ingestion
>Speed: 30 minutes
>Duration: Essence + 1D6 hours, maximum 12 hours
>Addiction Type: Physical
>Effect: This mixture grants the critter power of Immunity against Diseases and Toxins.
>At the end of the duration, the character suffers 2P damage (unresisted) and –4 dice for all tests to resist diseases and toxins for an equivalent duration.
>>
>>51763357
Can you still be a carrier while you're under its effects?
>>
>>51763357
>1700 Nuyen a pop

Ayyylmao
Besides the pricepoint, that stuff is pretty neat though.
Might be something one should get in advance and put 2 or so doses in the stash because there WILL be a day where this is super useful and the crash effect is manageable.
>>
>>51763282
Anon, it's not working. Telling me I'm immature while throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to convince me that you're right, and neither will telling me that I'm insane while frothing at the mouth yourself.

Mike, I really hope this isn't you. I actually hold respect for you despite our differences and the fact that you drove Anne away. I really hope we can find a way of playing where my pink mohawk does not tread on your black trenchcoat and vice versa, but if this is who you are when you're anonymous, that'll never happen.
>>
>>51753047
>playing legend of dragoon
That women is marriage material right there.
>>
File: bec de corbin war hammer.jpg (50KB, 695x521px) Image search: [Google]
bec de corbin war hammer.jpg
50KB, 695x521px
post your CQC weaponfu
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
So, if I buy armored clothes, is that just an armored t-shirt or is it a whole outfit? How many clothing items are included in 1 purchase of armored clothing? I can't afford full body armor at the moment, so I want to supplement my armored jacket with armored clothing such that every part of my body is completely covered in armor with no exposed skin.

>>51763581
Posting.
>>
File: Savalette_Guardian.png (157KB, 453x291px) Image search: [Google]
Savalette_Guardian.png
157KB, 453x291px
>>51763581
>>51763623
so much for weapon emoji i guess ill go with this then
>>
File: Ruger Super Warhawk.png (198KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger Super Warhawk.png
198KB, 900x500px
>>51763581

>>51763642
Depends on the item. For Armored Clothing, its a whole set of casual clothes which are lightly armored. For something like an Armored Jacket, only the jacket you buy would be the densely armored portion. Armor in Shadowrun is abstracted. If you wear Armored Clothing under an Armor Jacket, it would provide no mechanical bonus until you took the Armor Jacket off. Besides, Berwick Suit + Argentum Coat is GOAT.
>>
File: 1369090096001.gif (143KB, 429x611px) Image search: [Google]
1369090096001.gif
143KB, 429x611px
>>51763423

>mike
Wrong continent, es ist REICH hier.

The absolute Irony in this discussion: I despise trenchcoat faggotry as absolute cancer.
Oh well...
>>
File: 1484647444706.jpg (86KB, 1000x574px) Image search: [Google]
1484647444706.jpg
86KB, 1000x574px
>>51763680
Patrician tastes m8

I will say though, I do kind of wish the Cavalier Deputy had an extra point in damage or AP. As it is, it's a dissapointingly mediocre heavy pistol compared to other options.

I love the Taurus Omni-6 mind you, if only because its heavy-ammo schtick is pretty fun and novel.
>>
File: smug rohan.png (734KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug rohan.png
734KB, 1280x720px
>>51763708
Oh, thank goodness, it is a relief to know that two of us will never sit at the same table. I presume the feeling is mutual.
>>
File: Ares Outbacker.jpg (94KB, 618x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ares Outbacker.jpg
94KB, 618x480px
>>51763727
I hate how in 5e each of the revolvers have something slightly shitty about them. Warhawk is SS, Taurus is SS in 7P mode (and is a fucking Taurus), Cavalier is 7P, the Colt New Model is 5P, the GH3 Repro Revolver is SS. The LeMat is fine unless you want to be carrying a more traditional revolver. It hurts me.
>>
File: 4chan fuckspam.jpg (44KB, 908x282px) Image search: [Google]
4chan fuckspam.jpg
44KB, 908x282px
>>51763742
Have the rest of the post as an image, thanks to 4chans spamprotection
>>
>>51763790
>each of the revolvers have something slightly shitty about them.
Just like in real life.
>>
File: SR Ash Arms.png (177KB, 831x430px) Image search: [Google]
SR Ash Arms.png
177KB, 831x430px
>>51763790
SS is not much of an issue anymore in fifth, compared to 4E.

Also: If you go revolver, just carry two.
Warhawk and LeMat for maximum utility.

Also fuck CGL for making the ammoskip system incompatible to revolvers by RAW.
Pic related is my CQC waifu
>>
>>51763680
>For Armored Clothing, its a whole set of casual clothes which are lightly armored.
So, pants and a shirt. Hm, still need armored socks (Run&Gun has a nice set), armored gloves and an armored balaclava because as we all know a ballistic mask only gets the front of your head.

>Armor in Shadowrun is abstracted. If you wear Armored Clothing under an Armor Jacket, it would provide no mechanical bonus until you took the Armor Jacket off.
Oh I'm aware, I just want to have my entire body covered in some level of armor to protect against called shots.

>Besides, Berwick Suit + Argentum Coat is GOAT.
Eh, too expensive for now; I'll pick up Executive Suite if I need fancy armor in the short term future.
>>
So if a Mystic Adept or Adept uses an astral rift to visit the astral sea or something, and it later closes, they don't need to worry about death by essence loss the way a mundane does, right? Just about finding a way back to their meat?
>>
>>51763813
You know, maybe if you didn't want people to think you were a liar, you wouldn't act like a 12 year old and then claim you're an adult. Just putting that idea out there.
>>
>>51753860
don't worry, he's just mad he hasn't done anything useful in life for anybody but himself
>>
>>51757872
As to how to deal with mr narco jet, drones, drones everywhere. Throw in some spirits for additional fuck you. Have the only living security by the spider/s and astral projecting mages,who are in a Armoured secure room with a self-contained air supply and only a single well locked entrance.
>>
Does anyone have that list of band names and music genres from a while back?
>>
>>51765334
v=dQw4w9WgXcQ on youtube is the start of the pl they put together
>>
>>51761536
Plot Armor.
>>
>>51765635
>>51761536
4e light milspec armour. Not hardened, but designed to be worn for weeks on end, unlike the 5e stuff.
>>
>>51750823
He just wants to get on retainer with a corp & live the high life with his technomancer gf CandyKiss, raise a bunch of elf kids & hopefully teach them magic or have them leave techno stuff from thier mom. Fuck dying for a cause other than comfort & kids, & love. You dont find much in the any of those in the Sixth World.

Will probably die in a gutter, choking on blood whispering her name though
>>
>>51765630
You think I'm stupid son?

Fictional bands and genres.
>>
>>51765334
http://shadowrun.itemcards.com/runners
>>
Are 5e drones soft-hardened, in that "any attack where the modified DV does not exceed the Armor of the vehicle does nothing" (but they don't add half their armor rating as automatic successes)?

It describes vehicles as being that way, then says 'Drones are different, they have a smaller condition monitor' and then doesn't elaborate any further.
>>
File: adrian-wilkins-sf-ghost.jpg (191KB, 900x1464px) Image search: [Google]
adrian-wilkins-sf-ghost.jpg
191KB, 900x1464px
Are there any rule in 5e about incorporating trodes or other accessories into hlemets or ballistic masks?
>>
>>51766350
Run and Gun p.87 has a chart of various gear that can be put into your armor and the capacity that it takes up.
>>
File: Christo.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Christo.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you (Hispanic) Jesus Christ on a Motorbike. Any suggestions on how to improve on him?
>>
>>51766555
Make him less Hispanic and Jesus-esque, then remove motorbike.
>>
>>51766555
Explain your chosen list of spells to me.
Also, why 'distinctive style'.
>>
>>51766583
Distinctive style to represent the fact that hes going around in a white robe and a trode shaped like a crown of thorns. Spells are based on the fact that hes my best attempt to make a healing/utlity mage.
>>
>>51766608
Does the straight up 'Heal' spell not exist in 5e anymore?
>>
>>51766625
I did not spot that one. Added.
>>
>>51766555
Mysad with commanding voice and empathic healing.
>>
>>51766608
Would love to see him have to do a run in Aztlan.
>>
Is Prototype Transhuman + Restricted Gear a viable choice for an unarmed adept to get Bone Augmentation 4 and Striking Callus?
>>
>>51764640
Thats very cute, coming from mister "other people are playing it wrong!!!11"
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.