[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Game General /bgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 38

File: bgg.jpg (828KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bgg.jpg
828KB, 1000x1000px
Previous thread:
>>51690959

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/NA2W929q

Halfway to the weekend, any game day plans? Inserts to build? Games to paint? Asshole friends/relatives to convert?
>>
>>51750043
Super Dungeon Explore campaign,Super Dungeon Explore campaign,Super Dungeon Explore campaign

And for the last one, there's this super competitive fuck in my playgroup who will get competitive even at charades. So I did the sensible thing and taught him 1 on 1 competitive Magic using my Pauper decks. Most games I buy Hess days is bought partly as a test to see how competitive he can make it.

I bought Citadels recently, having played it much in my youth. I look forward to seeing people play that game with him.
>>
So is High Frontier good? Or just autism personified?
>>
>>51750257
Both.
>>
>>51751418
I told my FLGS to order it in for me along with sekigahara.

I'm excited.
>>
File: terminator.jpg (61KB, 506x431px) Image search: [Google]
terminator.jpg
61KB, 506x431px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/the-terminatortm-the-official-board-game

Sounds interesting. They will upload a gameplay video tomorrow.
>>
>>51751514
>those fees
Damn, are the figures in metal or something?
>>
>>51750043
i am gonna buy expansions for race of the galaxy (if they are decent)

i am only going to do this once, which expansions should i order ?
>>
>>51751609
Mimetic polyalloy.
>>
>>51750043
war of the ring was being reprinted right? wil they change art? and will it be a euro print to ?
>>
>>51751426
Sekigahara is ace, I love it.

A real hit with my family, too.
>>
>>51751514
Hmmm, Terminator 2 is one of my favorite movies of all time, but can't say I'm tempted by this at all. The war aspect was never that interesting and was made really shitty by the sequels. I wish they instead just more tried to simulate the hunter/hunted aspect more. Guess I'll just wait to see how it plays.
>>
>>51752270
>all those minis
>no gameplay vid yet
It plays like shit.
>>
> Halfway to the weekend, any game day plans?
Playing StarCraft on Friday after a long hiatus. Can't wait.
> Inserts to build?
Need to do card dividers for Imperial Settlers and finally make some card boxes for StarCraft cards
> Games to paint?
N/A. Waiting until I get Growing Hunger and then maybe I'll start painting the zombies.
> Asshole friends/relatives to convert?
N/A
>>
File: IMG_1363.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1363.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
i managed to fit year 1 in the expansion box of ascension

http://imgur.com/a/AVkGd
>>
File: campy creatures.jpg (119KB, 680x503px) Image search: [Google]
campy creatures.jpg
119KB, 680x503px
Currently playing the pnp of Campy Creatures a lot. Really fun, simple and quick filler game. Could even convince some of my non-gamer friends to try it.
>>
>>51752669
>obvious shill is obvious
>>
>>51752723
>you like a game that's currently on kickstarter? SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL

lad pls
>>
>>51752763
> Spamming the same 'Meh' KS every thread
> "I'm not Shilling! Waaaah"

Bitch pls
>>
>>51752780
Well it's the game I've played the most this week so what? Should I lie and say I've been playing Dead of Winter a lot recently just so some underage faggot doesn't cry shill?

Nah ma man. If you think I'm shilling then simply ignore my post and go back to playing games you like.
>>
>>51752848
>Dead of Winter
>just so some underage faggot doesn't cry shill

Would you rather be called a shill or a babby ameritrash faggot?
>>
>>51750043
I just bought supplies last night to make an insert for Space Hulk Death Angel. Hoping I can find some time this weekend to at least start working on it
>>
>>51752339
I hate that you're right
>>
>>51752669
I'll bite...can you share you pnp materials so I can try it?
>>
>>51752270
Seconded. Fury of Schwarzenegger sounds a lot better than this.
>>
>>51750043
My copy of Jamaica is arriving today as well as my 4ft x 4ft board gaming mat so that's pretty exciting.
>>
>>51753618
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10362213/Print-n-Play.zip
>>
>>51752848
you're either a shill who's been called out so many times he's super touchy now or you're just someone with absolutely horrible taste in board games. either way, you'll fit in better on reddit.
>>
>>51754763
Cry more beta cuck
>>
>>51754917
>doesn't even try to refute
>retarded reply pulled straight from ass

You should just go.
>>
>>51752848
>Well it's the game I've played the most this week so what?
Totally fair reason to talk about a game, even if it's kickstarter. However you have talked in up like 3 threads in a row, and we're not talking about the leaked TI4 or TS rethemed for the Tolkien universe or a non-Rex reprint of Dune; it's a kickstarter casual card game.

/bgg/ tends to go a little more autism on our games, and while we do enjoy lighter fare from time to time, it's generally games that've been around for years, and will continue to be. Shill or not, you're not gonna be favorably received for posting the same pic and saying it's fun, without a detailed writeout and arguments to prove it's a good game.

>Should I lie and say I've been playing Dead of Winter a lot recently....
It's worked for other anons, but there's always option 3: say I like this theme, and this style of cardplay, what do you other anons suggest and why? Either way it's gonna be a lot better than you and some other retard shouting shill/cuck at each other for another thread.
>>
>>51755056
>cries that he gets a shit reply for his ">>>reddit" comment

Shouldn't you be in class?
>>
>>51755086
>implying I'm even the same person
>projecting

Retardism continues.
>>
>>51754917
>Boss, everyone I shill at on 4chan is mean to me
>Hmmm, I've heard calling people "beta cuck" is what people do on that site, try it next time so you can make me and Mr. Goldstein more money.
>Wow, what a cool sounding insult! I can't wait to use it regardless of context real soon, sir!

what a life you live, anon
>>
>>51755123
>hyping a game = shilling

What a sad live you must live, no joy. Sad.
>>
>>51755160
>enjoying a game where you play as unimaginative moving monsters kidnapping people for victory points
>art is shitty digital art of monsters stolen from old movies
>game gets brought up here like every thread and people tell you fuck off but you can't take the hint

truly sad, anon. my life is sad too, but for different reasons. this weekend, for example, I'm hosting a game day and will be playing games with a group of ten people. these will be games that were designed by grown adults, not games made by some twelve year old who learned basic graphic design but couldn't be bothered to come up with an original idea, much less original creatures and/or game mechanics.

like what you like, but don't try to force it onto people who have enough self respect to only spend their time and money on quality gaming experiences
>>
>>51755160
Continually hyping the same crappy kickstarter game that people have already pointed out looks bland / shitty is shilling, yes.
>>
>>51752848
>it's the game I've played the most this week
my heart breaks for you, anon
>>
>>51752669
I watched the video on the kickstarter page and turned it off after about twenty seconds because whoever made that video sounds like a 14 year old scene kid and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let a faggot like that tell me about a game I have barely any interest in to begin with
>>
Anyone played the new Mansions of Madness edition with the app etc? I've read and heard good things but I find myself hesitating. How is it compared to Arkham Horror? Or Eldritch Horror?
>>
>>51755413
I played it with the app but I haven't played the other two.

With the app, I don't understand why does it need to be a board game at this point - I'd have the same amount of fun just clicking on the stuff on the screen. That said people apparently love chucking dice and moving minis by themselves.

The game itself is OK - I enjoy it as much as playing Last Night on Earth. You do it to be entertained not to have some tactical/strategic game night.

The Lovecraft theme might suit some people it might not suit others.

The scenarios from the app are semi-replayable, personally I think it needs fan made content to be truly replayable.
>>
File: 1487207872537.png (1MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487207872537.png
1MB, 1280x768px
Enough talk about shills, baits, and KS.

What was your most autistic moment while PLAYING board games?

Maybe you over mathed , maybe you dropped the spaghetti during settlers, or maybe you were a bit too stubborn as a mule (pic related)
>>
>>51755920
Usually doesn't happen as I'm not an obsessive personality type.

I have gotten groupthought into doing that sort of thing in cooperative games *with* obsessive people, though.

Like that one time in TIME Stories when there was a challenge that would clearly provide no benefits and had "trap" written all over it... so, naturally, we all gathered in that room together and chucked dice at it for an entire 12 time units, half the entire mission's allotment, only to finally get through and have the situation be exactly as dumb and bad and not at all important as we thought it would be.
>>
>>51755215
>truly sad, anon. my life is sad too, but for different reasons. this weekend, for example, I'm hosting a game day and will be playing games with a group of ten people. these will be games that were designed by grown adults, not games made by some twelve year old who learned basic graphic design but couldn't be bothered to come up with an original idea, much less original creatures and/or game mechanics.

>games that were designed by grown adults

Exactly. Come back when you play a real game

Like Santorini.
>>
>>51755920

I once almost got into a fist fight with a acquaintance over Catan, since neither were getting any wood and the 3rd player was getting everything.

Some how we were getting made at each other and nearly came to blows.
>>
>>51756143
are you trying to imply that santorini was made by a child?
>>
>>51756186
>play shitty luck based game
>get mad at another person over your own shitty luck
>actually almost fight
are you still a hardcore normie?
>>
>>51755920
i have never played any of the expansions for ascension, is it actually possible to get that many points or is that a shop/bug?
>>
>>51756256
No, i'm saying it's a deep and mature game that is still fresh after 30 plays, and belongs in everyone's collection
>>
>>51756287
oh you're just that guy who shills it for fun all the time hoping you can start another thread derailing argument with that autist who hates it as though it murdered his father. got it
>>
File: RAF.png (306KB, 988x603px) Image search: [Google]
RAF.png
306KB, 988x603px
>Scout troop wants to come over tonight and playtest a game they're designing for, surprise, a game design merit badge.
>It's a 1960's space race game.
>You play against each other as USA, USSR, UK, China, Cuba,
>Or Jamaica
>Or Argentina

I'm very confused.
>>
>>51756834
I'm to lazy to photoshop austronaut helments onto the Cool Runings poster so you'll just have to imagine that.
>>
>>51756834
sounds like an alternate history setting that hasn't been done before. have fun, it sounds really interesting. also
>cool runnings in space
>>
Reposting: BSG or Dark Moon? I have an unplayed copy of BSG that someone is offering me Dark Moon for. I've never gotten around to play BSG for various reasons.
>>
File: rymdfärja.jpg (163KB, 767x1278px) Image search: [Google]
rymdfärja.jpg
163KB, 767x1278px
>>51756834
>Or Jamaica

I feel there's a narc joke in there.
>>
>>51756256
No, he's trying to restart the shit that fucked the thread up like a week ago
>>
>>51756899
>>51756914
>Cool Runnings in Space
I didn't know I wanted this.

>>51756990
Pretty much.

>>51756981
I like BSG a little better, but if you're having trouble getting that to the table I'd say go for the trade. They cost about the same even after the asmodee price hikes.
>>
>>51756992
ya figured that out
>>51756337
>>
>>51756186
I've had similar experiences
>>
>>51756899
>Cool Runnings in space
Fuck, I want this now
>>
So who else is addicted to Santorini
>>
Aww shit, just got my copy of Mint Works in the mail.
Brb, playing it.
>>
>>51757639
Fuck off.
>>
>>51757831
Played solitaire against the bot that is meant to actually be Justin Blaske, the designer.

He obliterated me.

Goddammit Justin.

That said, this is probably the only Analogue AI I've ever played against who was actually easy to use and still made non-boring decisions.

Game plays in ten minutes as advertised, very tricky little worker placement game that has expendable workers, which is a subgenre I hadn't run into yet. Losing too many workers and therefore being too "poor" to do anything was definitely my undoing.

I especially liked how the row of development cards was randomized, leaving so much to chance on what's actually going to come out this turn. It makes the overarching strategy a little less oppressive, since you are forced to mainly rely on tactics.

Similar to what Rahdo said in his runthrough of this, it's juuust meaty enough to be an accurate representation of what modern board games are, while still being really light and fitting in my jacket's top pocket, which leads to this seeming like it'd be a really great game to insta-gateway someone who's bored. Just pull it out and show them how they've gotta spend mints to make mints.

Definitely looking forward to playing this with people.

But also, really, damn you Justin, I'm going to beat you if it's the last thing I do.
>>
>>51756280
No bug, used expansion combos and a bit of luck early game to get a massive amount of resources, bought almost every card, and kept cycling the deck/discard killing monsters. One expansion hero let's you kill monsters in the discard. Selective killing, and taking near infinite turns through extra turn artifacts meant I could keep going until I either crashed the gamer or gave up. For several thousand points my phone was so slow that killing a single monster took about 5-10 seconds. Rinse repeat over a couple weeks wnv I had time to kill, and voila.
>>
File: 20170216_172626.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_172626.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
New mat is working perfectly for Death Angel
Hoping to test it out with nigger games later tonight
>>
>>51760443
>nigger games
wut
>>
>>51760714
I'm going to assume he meant bigger, but he's so used to typing nigger that his fingers went on autopilot
>>
>>51760714
Haha oops
Phone auto-corrected me
>>
>>51760714
I cant find any on bgg
>>
>>51760836
where do you buy a phone that autocorrects TO nigger?
>>
>>51760872
Gboard picked up that I use it a lot I guess
Or rather use it more than bigger
>>
>>51751514
man the idea of 2 different boards that affect each other sounds cool, obviously will have to wait to see gameplay though

i also think those models look like shit but I'm not a terminator fanboy so i doubt they were designed with me in mind
>>
File: IMG_20170216_161612.jpg (5MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170216_161612.jpg
5MB, 4048x3036px
Wasn't expecting this stuff until August. Funky.

>Over 20 lbs of pussy and ass
>>
>>51755059
>we're not talking about the leaked TI4

And why aren't we talking about this? Details man! Damnit, details!
>>
File: CallOfCthonian.jpg (333KB, 950x1500px) Image search: [Google]
CallOfCthonian.jpg
333KB, 950x1500px
>>51755587
>With the app, I don't understand why does it need to be a board game at this point
I'm currently painting the figures from MoM 1st edition, and fully plan to buy and paint 2nd edition after that.

Moving the physical figures and actually rolling dice has a real visceral pleasure for me and my group.
>>
>>51761626
Sure... literally the next sentence after the one you quoted.

*I* just don't see the appeal.
>>
>>51761686
Sorry I should have been more clear. I think if they make it just an app they would lose and upset a lot of their vocal fanbase, and have to charge less.
Someone who has done some sort of research will have decided that the potential increased audience for a cheaper app is less that the amount lost for charging less and potentially upsetting loyal fans.

Unless that still isn't what you mean by "not understanding why it needs to be a board game".
>>
>>51760714
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11193/darkies-melon-patch
>>
>>51761132
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!

<insert mfw no mfw.jpg>

I missed out on the last HoN KS - I want the combined / updated rule book and some of the additional terrain packs. Still waiting for it to show up on their site. Weeee.
>>
>>51763124
Yeah, I'd only paid for single-space shipping, I wasn't in a hurry and figured I'd wait for the compendium for all the units. But they sent them to me early anyways.
>>
>>51763189
Single-wave*
>>
How is Above and Below? It's it decent at two players? I like the theme and feel of the mechanics from what I've read so far.
>>
File: argent.jpg (442KB, 1024x1022px) Image search: [Google]
argent.jpg
442KB, 1024x1022px
I don't have many euro games, and was thinking of using this to round out my collection a bit. Bad idea? I like a lot of the concepts, plus after watching LWA I want some magic school games. The long playtime is going to make it kind of hard to get to the table though.
>>
>>51764685
Having played three other Level 99 games, I don't see how this could possibly be a Euro./
>>
Geez, I'd sure like to pledge for Mythic Battles Pantheon, but for whatever fucking reason I can't get my payment through on fluent.
Talked to the customer service, talked to mythic, talked to my bank, still doesn't work...
>>
>>51750043
My GF's friend is visiting, we might play some easy games like Sushi Go Party, Bang! The Dice Game, 7 Wonders etc. That's all fine but I've been playing too many casual games lately. My friends who like crunchier games haven't actually played any with me since I caved to their pleas to run D&D, which is now all they want to play.

I'm just jonesing for some Terra Mystica, TI3, Blood Rage, or hell even some Arkham.
>>
>board game prices keep rising

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>51765410
>board game prices keep rising
>mexican peso keeps falling

DON'T WAKE ME UP
>>
File: IMG_4813.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4813.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Oops, my Target had a buy 2 get 1 free promo and I got this pile for 50 bucks.

I don't even know what a Machi Koro is, I was just told it was good. What am I in for guys?
>>
>>51764685
while this isn't a straight euro due to a high level of direct player interaction, it's the most euro-y game that I'll willingly own. it is absolutely fantastic and worth the time investment

>>51765989
I played it for the first time yesterday since I had severe reservations about doing a blind purchase based on the fact it's "Catan: The Card Game" and lo and behold, it is pure shit just like Catan
>>
>>51765989
>Machi Koro
Very light game with one viable strategy to win. You need the expansion to make it better.
>>
>Set rotation shipping notice sent this morning
>1 day priority shipping
>Tomorrow is game night

I wish I could go to sleep so I can just wake up to it at my door already but I'm too excited.
>>
My order arrived today, it consists of: Haru Ichiban, Santorini and Kemet. I know that the first two are going to be a hit with my wife but I'm really crossing my fingers that hopefully she will like Kemet. Hold me guys.
>>
>>51765989
>don't even know what a Machi Koro is, I was just told it was good

Hahahaha, you should find that guy and straight up smack him for being such a bold-faced liar.
>>
>>51766324
Apparently this one comes with expansions? And you separate the building cards into three decks and lay the top five of each out like they do in Splendor.
>>
>>51766461
Well, my wife LOVED Blood Rage, so here's hoping your wife will love your choice on dudes on boards.
>>
>>51766533
>And you separate the building cards into three decks and lay the top five of each out like they do in Splendor.

Right, that is the better way to play it, otherwise is a snooze fest. Still a 6/10 light game.

>>51766548

Thanks for the well wishes, this is going to be her first "heavy" game.
>>
>>51766548
Jesus christ. IT"S NOT DUDES ON A BOARD. It's not a war game, it's not area control. I'm so fuckin sick of you idiots putting it in the same catagory as Kemet. That's the biggest joke on bgg. Blood Rage is NOTHING BUT A GOD DAMN DRAFTING GAME! Everything else is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS and meant to do nothing but blind you. 90% of this shitty game's components are meant to do nothing more but sell this game to brain dead millennials like yourselves. Just fuckin stop it already.
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (28KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
28KB, 600x632px
>>51766919
You forgot your image.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (6KB, 188x168px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
6KB, 188x168px
>>51766919
>>
>playing Rune Age
>drop a Demolitionist and suicide at a neutral objective

If I use him for his When Played, can I target players and steal their shekels even though they aren't part of that combat?
>>
>>51766312
>it's "Catan: The Card Game"
That's doing a disservice to Catan. In that game you can actually do things besides roll dice.
>>
>>51765989
One Night Ultimate Werewolf is great. King of Tokyo and Machi Koro are both great games to play with kids, I don't know if I'd ever play them with other adults though. Maybe King of Tokyo if I were drunk. They're both very simple games with not much strategy to them - you always know what you're going to do on your turn because it's just clearly the most optimal thing.
>>
File: eh01_main.png (187KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
eh01_main.png
187KB, 300x300px
A friend introduced me to this a couple weeks ago and it's all I want to play when we get together. I can't get enough of this fucking game.

Are the expansions worth it?
>>
Played some Ikuza last night. We didny finish as we had no idea what we were doing but was tonnes of fun and planning on playing it next week sometime.

What are some strats or hints when playing? I dont think my group valued the ninja and rhonin enough and most of us went for castles
>>
>>51767992

Some expansions are downright necessary, like Forsaken Lore. Good thing about EH expansions is they all integrate well into the game together, unlike AH expansions.
>>
>>51766381
>Pre ordered from their website
>Assured twice that it would ship at the same time as the kickstarter copies
>Status is still "processing"
>>
>>51766919
can i interest you in a copy of santorini
>>
>>51750043
Is there a game that's better than concordia?
>>
>>51768775
Concordia really needs to get back in print.
>>
File: sub terra.png (1MB, 1552x873px) Image search: [Google]
sub terra.png
1MB, 1552x873px
Did you back it?
>>
File: Jojo_NO_WEAKNESS.jpg (43KB, 630x339px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo_NO_WEAKNESS.jpg
43KB, 630x339px
>>51758282
>tfw beat justin by just grabbing the vault and buying plan after plan while locking down the starting player token every round

Felt pretty good desu, really like the games form factor and footprint too
>>
Are there any video games you would love to see a board game adaptation of?
For me I would love a Sunless Sea board game
>>
Anyone played Hanamikoji? Bought it recently. Pretty fun game, nice art, small and portable package, lots of room for strategy, and plays in 15-20 mins. Would recommend.
>>
>>51769682
Master of Magic it would probably suck
Elemental TD
Warcraft 2
Dungeon Keeper
Pizza Tycoon
>>
>>51768775
Most euros are better than concordia, it's nothing special.
>>
>>51769682
Classic Command & Conquer really needs some kind of tabletop adaptation.
Some germans ran a Crysis boardgame kickstarter a while back that didn't make it's goal, but seemed like it had one or two cool ideas.
If someone came up with a good way to implement it I'd be all over a Tribes boardgame.
>>
>>51769682
>Are there any video games you would love to see a board game adaptation of?
Battle for Wesnoth is the only correct answer here, you dumbasses.
>>
>>51768775
JAIPUR
>>
>>51768967
Didn't back it, but definitely thought about it. Looks interesting. Hope it turns out to be good.

>>51770465
>Classic Command & Conquer really needs some kind of tabletop adaptation.

Sam is Kane!!!

>If someone came up with a good way to implement it I'd be all over a Tribes boardgame.

Man I loved me some Tribes / Tribes 2, but that would be difficult to capture the frenetic energy of a match in board game format. (I can't remember the name of the over-the-top mod I'd play - the disk launcher would fire like a machine gun. Mortars would launch barrages. It was even more frenetic.)
>>
>>51770692
Tribes 2 was just phenomenal. And it still holds up really well for a 2001 game. Still can't get my LAN group to play it with me because "skiing is too hard" and "No one else is ever going to land an MA but you". As for mods, I was a huge sucker for Shifter, awesome mix of base-building toybox and practical game elements.
Maybe if Ascend had local server support I could get the scrubs to try that, but no.
>>
>>51770772
Not going to be released any time soon I reckon, but worth keeping an eye on:

https://www.playmidair.com/
>>
>>51770837
Actually went in on their kickstarter because I'm a sucker, just for the cheap progression bypass/open beta tier.
No way was I going to throw a hundred+ bucks after closed alpha/beta access.
I'd be a lot more excited if they weren't going the F2P route and hadn't admitted to having a progression system, those two together almost always mean no public server files and no LAN support or mod support.
>>
File: image1 (2).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image1 (2).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hype literally can not be contained.
>>
>>51766312
Does the expansion add a lot? I'm trying to get a copy but this guy won't sell me it unless I get the expansion too, for $85. CSI and MM are both sold out.
>>
>>51769122
I just tied Justin all the way down to the final tiebreaking condition - whose age is closer to 42. And I have no idea how to break this since an AI has no age. Do I say I'm closer because I'm 23 and he, as a piece of cardboard, was published within this year? Or he's closer because Justin as a real person is older than me?
>>
>>51771013
>Hype literally can not be contained.

I'm quite jelly. How does the solo mode look?
>>
>>51771013
ok you got me curious (also Chase the value scuptor). what can you tell me about this game. what's like? it looks like a deck builder for me but I might be wrong.
>>
>>51771013
Wow, that is some *incredibly* ugly art.
>>
>>51753837
>Fury of Schwarzenegger
Is this a game?
>>
>>51771619
I completely agree, I don't think I could sit through a whole game of that. Which is unfortunate and I should probably get over it because it looks like a super interesting and well made game.
>>
>>51771564
I mean, it is a deckbuilding game in a way. Dunno if you know the basic premise. Game works in two phases. First phase is all of the players in the "game store" buying and selling cards amongst each other in real time trying to make a deck to bring into the tournament. It's frantic and the first one or two times you do it you can feel overwhelmed, but once you get used to it, its extremely fun and probably more entertaining than the actual tournament phase. It feels really good to sift through the cards and the store deck is organized in sets so that you have a vague idea of what you're going to grab, but no guarentees. It replicates the feel of popping open booster packs really well.

The actual tournament phase is pretty simple. You each take turns playing 1 card at a time into a row of 6 slots, and activate various effects on these cards in order to get rank points. Whoever has the most rank points at the end of a tournament wins that tournament, and gets a certain amount of overall VICTORY points towards the end of the game. There's 3 tournaments with increasing amounts of victory points. There's a LOT more to it than that because there are probably 1000 different cards with all this expansion stuff I just picked up now, and even the base game has like, i dunno, at least 600 unique cards? Something like that. It has a ton of variety and my friends and I have been playing it for months now and can't stop. This expansion is about to make us the happiest gamers around.
>>
>>51771632
He's referencing Fury of Dracula, but a hypothetical version where Arnold is chasing players around trying to get Sarah Connor or whatever the plot would be (I've actually never seen Terminator, believe it or not)
>>
>>51771648
I see. so the trounament game is kind of less meaty than the "trading" and negotiation part of the game?
also I agree with the others, the art is really "eh..."
>>
>>51771543
I haven't really looked through it yet but it seems interesting. It's basically trying to beat the score of a "boss" deck with semi-randomized cards, all of which do some ridiculous shit. Looking at one now, ongoing, whenever a player plays a non core card, after all effects, flip that card face down. Flip: flip all core cards.

So, there's that. I would have to try it to really figure out how fun it is. Honestly I'm just glad to be able to have a reason to play the store phase anytime I want without needing people to play against.
>>
File: shek.jpg (383KB, 1422x786px) Image search: [Google]
shek.jpg
383KB, 1422x786px
>>51771564
Game is broken into 2 halves: Deckbuilding and Tournament. In Deckbuilding, you buy and sell cards to assemble a "deck" (you never shuffle it, so I don't like calling it a deck) of about 10 cards, which you bring into Tournament. In Tournaments, everyone takes turn playing cards in order to get the points at the end. The fun is in trying to play combos, trying to interrupt others', and protecting your own. I think it's the weakest part of the game, sadly. There's a lot more to everything, but that's the basic gist of it.

>>51771619
It's fucking awful and I don't know why they keep hiring him. He does art for Battlecon extra material, and almost every single one is worse by a far margin. Right side is their usual artist.
>>
>>51771655
ah ofcourse. Wishful thinking made me miss the reference.

Well worth a watch, friend. It's not Predator but it's up there.
>>
>>51771619
>>51771636
>>51771671
Personally I don't mind the art, I think it fits the style of the game. It helps that it's almost entirely done by 1 artist so even though there's about a million cards and themes, it's all unified. The expections being a lot of the new promo sets, as many of them are guest artists and such. I dunno, I think I just have a soft spot for it after playing the game so much.

And to answer your question, while the store phase is certainly a ton of fun and very meaty, I wouldn't use the term "weak" to describe the tournament. For one thing, the entire store phase is basically gearing up for what you're going to do in the tournament. If it's not the first tourney, you also have to consider what other people have played in the previous ones to maybe change your strategy. It's fairly SIMPLE, for sure, because bottom line is you're playing 6 cards in a row and doing what they say. But because of how many different cards there are, there almost always ends up being a lot of really fun interactions. My friends and I have played this game maybe 15 times, and we've managed to build almost entirely unique decks basically every time. There's definitely some repeat strategies (hence why we're so excited to have this expansion content) but overall there's so many different strategies you can use that watching what people do during a tournament can be a lot of fun.

So, yeah. The tourney phase isn't as good as the store phase. But the two work hand in hand with each other to make the full game, and it's still really good, so to call it weak isn't doing it any justice.
>>
File: DT.png (150KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
DT.png
150KB, 480x270px
>>51771655
>I've never actually seen terminator

Seriously, there's no excuse for that shit in this day and age.
>>
>>51771754
There's nothing wrong with leaving some things aside to enjoy for the future.
>>
>>51771655

You've really never seen the first Terminator? It's a great classic. Give it a whirl dude
>>
>>51769682
crusader kings 2

sadly fief isn't quite there. I've been messing around with a ck2 inspired game here and there for a while now. probably at the point where I should throw together a quick prototype and see how shit it is desu
>>
>>51771671
The tournament phase serves the important purpose of making you build a deck and actually consider how to use all the cards. It isn't bad for what it is, just the store is the meat of the game.
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/17/cities-in-ruin/

New expansion for EH. Also on the website is an announcement for an Iron Throne expansion.

Unrelated, but is there a preferred version/ expansions of Machi Koro
>>
>>51774446
Bright Lights Big City ironically saves this somewhat dreadful game by adding more randomness to an already way too random game. The available buildings change, making no strategy perfect, or the same every time. It also has lots of expansion content baked in. If forced to play this dreadful series, I would always request this version.
>>
>>51771506
Flip a coin :^)
>>
>>51774740
Thanks!
>>
>>51774740
I had been taught that you play Machi Koro by having about 6 or 8 available "slots". You draw cards from the top of a deck containing all the buildings, putting them into the slots while stacking multiples. It worked out pretty well, and I was surprised and disappointed to read the manual and find out that it's more like Dominion, where everything is available to buy.
>>
>>51777017
That's actually how I was taught too; sounds like it's better
>>
>>51771013
I'd like to try this out but it's so darn expensive
>>
When I invest in really invest, like all in. Recently I've been looking at TMNT dice masters or Star realms as semi light games I can play with my wife. Any thoughts? I play realms on the app and like it a ton but TMNT is kinda my jam so thematically that's solid. Help guys. Thanks!

Pic related. Me when I start a new game
>>
>>51778644
If you invest yourself in games, you definitely want Star Realms. I've participated in official tournaments for this game, it goes so satisfyingly deep if you let it.
>>
how is the Arkham Horror box? I mean it has complete copies of each card or a second/third box is required to have some more options? also what do the "Chapters" add to the game?
I'm kinda in the mood to try an LCG/ECG
>>
>>51779319
You have a full playset (two copies) of most cards. Some are singles meaning you would have to buy a second core if you really want two copies. A second copy also allows you to jump from two to four players out of the box.

By chapters I assume you mean the monthly Mythos Packs, which contain secenarios that make a story campaign together, with choices and consequences carrying over throughout.
>>
>>51779633
so this time I need all the mythos packs isn't? i mean if I wan to go throught to totally complete a mission isn't? not unlike LoTR where you have a set of missions separated from the rest of the packs.
>>
>>51779319
The core box has singletons for all faction specific cards, with 4 copies of some of the common Neutral cards, and 2 copies for the rest of the Neutrals. So there's no real deckbuilding opportunity unless you get a second core set.

You can play stand alone (playing without a campaign), and there are a few print-on-demand scenario packs that are one-of scenarios unrelated to the campaign, but if you want to play the campaign then yes, you do need all the mythos packs within a cycle (each cycle is a different campaign).
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (206KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
206KB, 1440x1080px
>>51771619
Honestly, I don't disagree with you. You pick sets at the beginning of the game to use and it's possible to pick a fairly inoffensive set that looks only about as bad as Yu-Gi-Oh, but there's a lot "lol, reference" stuff in the selectable packs that drives me up the wall and often just bad attempts at humor. I like the base 6 characters, the art on them and what they represent as far as their references to the CCG community. I like the core cards which will always be about 50% of the cards in the store. But then you get to certain packs that are just blatant references or jokes with no sense of cohesive theme that were just thrown in because "nerd culture". They try too hard to be funny on other instances and one thing prior to this wave of stuff that drove me mad was half the promo packs were backers. Backers were promised to be cards in the game and they make up a little under half of the promo packs you can pick from, which is just cartoony art of a buncha fat nerds.
>>
What's a meaty game that normies will play
>>
>>51779977
can you share some fat nerd cards? sounds really funny
>>
>>51780190
meatstick beatnik
>>
>>51780190
depends on your definition of meaty
meatiest game i've gotten my family to play is small world
>>
>>51779319
I have all of EH sleeved.
It needs literally every box.
>>
Well, here's another KS for board game transport bags. Not sure if it's of any interest or not.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/417979510/board-game-truck
>>
>>51780471
i have one of these but its called a backpack
>>
File: promos.jpg (290KB, 638x845px) Image search: [Google]
promos.jpg
290KB, 638x845px
>>51780259
You see one of them on the backs of the backer promo cards. That's all I got for now though.
>>
>>51780501
Personally, I use a big duffle-bag to move my games around, but I'm not concerned if they get a bit of box wear. I know so folks hate that.
>>
>implying this isn't the best board game that came out in the last 3-4 years.
>>
>>51780925
>advanced search: 2013 to 2017
Scythe, KD:M, Imperial Assault, SW: Rebellion, Caverna, ST: Ascendancy, Codenames, Roll for the Galaxy, Imperial Settlers, Nations, 5 Tribes, Conan, 7 Wonders Duel, Food Chain Magnate, Mad King Ludwig, Orleans, Forbidden Stars, Voyages of Marco Polo, Concordia, and A Feast for Odin are all better, and that's just before I got bored.
>>
>>51771543
>>51771680
How do you play this game solo?
>>
>>51750043
Anyone in Pittsburgh? I just moved here with my gamer fiancée.
>>
>>51781044
>falling for the bait
come on man, you didn't really think someone in the world actually believe that blood rage is "the best" of anything in any category, did you?
>>
>>51780925
*card game
>>
>>51781243
I'm in the LA area if you don't mind a 6hr connecting flight.
>>
>>51781198
I'm in Mississippi friend :/
>>
>>51781195
The new expansion has a co op game mode where 1-4 people build a deck, then go up against an AI deck that plays cards somewhat randomly one at a time that gain it points/mess with your deck, in addition to a few other semi-randomized effects every time you play against them. So basically, build your deck like you normally would with other players, and then go up against the AI's deck. It's scaled for the number of players so you don't need to get tons of points if you're literally playing solo. I think it probably isn't that great solo (though I haven't tried it) since when you go into it, your characters get special co op powers that benefit everyone else, so if you play with just one person you aren't getting as much benefit as you could be. But again, I'd have to try it. And you could probably just play it where you do a full 20 minute deck building phase multiple times for each "player" that you wanted to include. It would take a lot of book keeping once you get into the tourney but it could be fun.

I just got it today so I haven't tried anything out yet, but I can say that the new cards are pretty fun to play with; the guys just left so it's very fresh. We especially love having more fucking promos, finally.
>>
>>51778644
That picture pretty much describes me with Star Wars x-wing right now
>>
>>51750043
What's your favorite crawler?
What's it that makes you like it more than the rest?
>>
>>51780412
new expansion soon, fellow FFG whore.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTtz6enVaM

Whining about the theme and history aside, I totally agree with his analysis.
>>
>>51768967
Nope. Had it saved, really considered doing so, but the main friend I'd play with looked over the KS page and said it sounded similar to Betrayal At House On The Hill, so not to bother. I back too many other KS games(14 that haven't arrived yet), so figured I'd just skip that one. Looked neat though, and I'd probably rather play it than Betrayal, but, eh.
>>
File: CYBER_BOG_V2.0.jpg (17KB, 200x232px) Image search: [Google]
CYBER_BOG_V2.0.jpg
17KB, 200x232px
>millennium blades shipping next week

Does anyone know exactly how many cards are used in a game so I can buy that many sleeves?
>>
>>51781198
Sorry in Philadelphia but having the same problem. Anyone in philly?
>>
>>51784610
I believe the base game is over 700 I want to say and set rotation comes in at around 500? I can get you more exact numbers some time. Would not recommend sleeving honestly. It's too big of a job. That and the store is an awkwardly tall pile as is and made way worse by sleeves.
>>
>finish rereading mistborn
>learn there's a board game coming out in april
>get self hyped
>see bgg playtester reviews
>mfw
>>
>>51785000
I was just gonna sleeve whatever I'd be playing with at the time and keeping nom-used cards in baggies.

I've been contemplating not sleeving at all too but I'm worried about how durable the cards are
>>
What are the best expansions for Arkham Horror without making it too bloated?
>>
>>51769949
I'd pay sick money for Elemental TD board game. Just throwing that out there.
>>
Help me here /tg/, I'm looking for an adventure game that I can play solo/with two people.
I'd like an open world feeling, with typical rpg stuff - levels, items, abilities. Something that will make me feel like a hero on a journey.

Think solo jrpg in a cardboard form.
>>
>>51785901
thats just gloomhaven, but its a legacy game
>>
>>51785901

Arkham horror for frustrating and desperate adventure of dread and ancient evils
>>
File: IMG_8543.jpg (387KB, 1626x1921px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8543.jpg
387KB, 1626x1921px
Anyone know if this a remake? Or if it's any good?
>>
>>51786269
>asks for jrpg, gets arkham horror

wow you people dickride that game so hard you don't even read posts before you recommend it to people anymore
>>
>>51786495
>JRPG
Fighting gods, being a piece of shit human in general and weird out of place comedic scenes

Arkham horror
Fighting gods, being a piece of shit human in general and weird out of place comedic scenes
>>
>>51785901
Shadows of Malice
>>
>>51785901
You might look for the D&D game 'Wrath of Ashardalon'. I does have leveling, items, etc - but may not totally fit your bill.
>>
>>51785901
to add to >>51786843 depending on how heavy you like your games and whether you're willing to PnP you can also check out Barbarian Prince and Magic Realm, both are pretty old games that have PnP files available
>>
>>51786365
Not a reprint, stantalone/expansion/sequel to the original consulting detective.
If it's anything like the original in quality, it's more cooperative activity than game, but great for a quiet evening with your significant other, or to haul out to a decent restaurant on a double date or the like.
>>
>>51785164
You shuffle only once so that significantly helps. Your "deck" you build is a hand of cards that doesn't need shuffling and the store is so big that even at 5 players you'll probably not reach the end of it.
>>
>>51786832
>trying this hard to make connections
we both know that playing a game of arkham horror is nothing like playing a jrpg. hopefully whoever asked for the recommendation is smart enough to see through your thinly veiled bullshit as well
>>
>>51786857
the D&D games' campaign system is still razor thin unfortunately and the fun of the game, imo, comes from the challenge of the scenarios rather than the adventuring/looting/leveling aspect which is what he seems to really be looking for. someone already said gloomhaven, and KDM is another game that does all that.
>>
>>51780925
>the best board game that came out in the last 3-4 years
No, that would be Patchwork without a doubt.

("Best", of course, meaning something that will still be played as much 10 years from now.)
>>
I was considering taking some of my tax money and spending it on a self-published game from thegamecrafter, help out smalltime devs while also experiencing a new game

has anyone ordered from there so I know what to expect quality wise?
>>
>>51787135
I guess you're right desu

I think this is one of the very few games I wouldn't mind general wear on if only because I have tins of old unsleeved yu gi oh cards and I think it would be nice that if I liked this it eventually evoked that same feeling of nostalgia
>>
>>51787334
I wouldn't disagree with this assessment. My only follow up is that both GH and KDM are pretty pricey, and is GH even out yet?
>>
>>51787588
Pretty low quality cards desu, not as bad as the worst ones you've seen, just mediocre. I'd use em again because it's a useful service, but I certainly wouldn't get anything important to me like Tarot cards printed there.
>>
>>51785901

Mage Knight
>>
>>51788492
It isn't, and unless you choose to pay scalper prices, it's all preordered out at this point.

RIP retail preorders.
>>
File: IMG_3768.jpg (73KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3768.jpg
73KB, 407x405px
>>51771655

That is a great idea..

>>see Terminator
>>
File: 2017-02-18 15.50.02.jpg (373KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-18 15.50.02.jpg
373KB, 857x1202px
Thoughts /bgg/?
>>
>>51790541
>dexterity games not on lowest tier
lolwut
>>
Played my first (half) game of Pax Britannica. After a couple of turns most of Africa is carved up, France is gaining on Britain, and Asia is a mess of influence markers.

>5 turns in (so about 1896)
>Both Russia and the United States attempt to establish a protectorate in Tunis
>They hope to make it a codominion, but to do so you have to call for a Congress of Europe
>The Congress quickly derails into a discussion of Britains dominance of the entire fucking world
>Keep weaving unreasonable demands from the UK into a treaty that otherwise doesn't concern them
>"These terms mean war"
>"We feel that you have to cede something"
>"I can only go to war over this"
>"but-"
>"War, Wilson, War!"
>After copious shouting, the treaty becomes a simple codominion treaty, with a small garrison from Russia and the US
>Next turn a rebellion in Tunis kicks out the Russians and the Americans, and France declare war on Britain, dragging Japan, Russia and the US into it with them
>The Casus Belli was granted due to a wording issue in a treaty made during turn 1

This fucking game
>>
>>51790781
>This fricking peabrain
>>
King of Tokyo yea or nay
>>
>>51790541
you put ANR, do this means that other LCG/ECGs qualify almost at the same level?
>>
>>51791288
Why would you group games' depth based on their business model?
>>
>>51790898
>not understanding that neanderthals could (and probably would) have better dexterity than intellectuals
the graph shows intellectual prowess. are you actually retarded, or just pretending to be for fun on an anonymous malaysian knitting forum?
>>
>>51791484
When you reach enlightenment you will realize
>>
>>51790541
Shit-tier bait is shit-tier...
>>
Sup /bgg/

I've been on a cyberpunk crave.
Any suggestions?
>>
What difference is between Wings of Glory WWI and WWII? I mean other than the planes naturally. I ask becuase there's this thing that both games are incompatible between each other.

also someone can shill me this game? I'm looking for an alternative to X-wing.
>>
>>51791820
Android: Netrunner is almost too obvious to mention.
>>
>>51791820
Also the other Android games: New Angeles, Infiltration, Mainframe, Android itself. City of Remnants for something a little more euro. Specter Ops is at least a little cyberpunk.
>>
>>51790541
>co-op games
>implying literally anything that you can cooperate in is instantly easy for some reason
>>
Was Steve Jackson the biggest fall from grace in gaming desu?
>>
>>51792380
More shit-tier bait is *STILL* shit-tier bait.
>>
>>51792581
>Make ogre
>Make GURPS
>Make munchkin and proceed to never come up with another design because you can just rehash this trash game and normies eat it up
>>
>>51792581
Steve it's time to stop posting
>>
>>51791989
It's like x-wing with 1/1000th of the player base.
>>
>>51792661
Easy money is easy money friendo, if I could make a shit product that sold well to normies for 0 effort why the fuck wouldn't I?
>>
>>51793150
that's not an argument I care for.
I mean, I'm used to pay for games that likely no one will play other than a couple of friends.
>>
King of Tokyo/King of NY:
Is it worthy or should I look for anything else kaiju related?
It's kinda cheap, but I see the models are just carboard cuts and that the gameplay is all about rolling dice.
>>
>>51793180
True. Doesn't mean I still can't call him a piece of shit for designing this shit game and getting so many fucking normies attached to it.

But then again maybe that's a fault of humanity, not Mr. Jackson
>>
>>51791989
X-Wing based their movement templates on it, so there isn't too much difference. Basic turn goes by choosing three maneuver cards (which use different decks depending on the plane), setting them down and revealing them simultaneously. You then move the plane according to the arrow on the card, and any planes within shooting range gets shot. Where X-Wing uses dice though Wings of Glory uses a deck of damage cards, which has different distributions corresponding to the type of plane doing the shooting. There's multiple types of damage like fire that deals a damage card each turn, and cards that block a certain type of maneuver. All decks alsi have atleast one instant death explosion card too, so drawing extra damage cards due to close range can be terrifying.

There's also more optional rules for playing with altitude and stuff too, and you can setup scenarios for bombing runs, among others. Notable difference between the WWI and WWII versions is the latter has adjustable speed options, where you can gear up or gear down between maneuvers.

I don't know much about the miniatures version and how they're distributed, but the old card game version had a lot of planes and multiple maneuver decks in a single box, so those are always a good buy. I know the miniatures version are prepainted as well, and have adjustable height for when playing with altitude, as well as tilting I think. There's a few videos online you can watch to get a feel for it.

Is it better than X-Wing though, I don't know. Maybe if you reeeally hate Star Wars, and don't care for the competitive scene, Wings of Glory could be better. If you tolerate Star Wars and want a not dead scene though, X-Wing definitely has more depth due to being able to customize your planes.
>>
>>51794010
I see. honestly I don't care much about the competitive scene and also I'm not much fond of SW in general.
the damage is done by a deck? interesting.
I still don't got how to flight but I'll watch a video and see how it's in action. also how old is this game? looks like is difficult to find starter packs in the main sites such as mini market.
>>
>>51793711
It's great to entertain children or newbies, not one I'd ever bring out in a group of *only* gamers, though. The gameplay is indeed just dice mixed with some purchase decisions and a push your luck element.
>>
>>51794099
Pretty old, the earliest WWII set seems to be from 2009 going from bgg.

Flight uses the maneuver cards, each card has an arrow with a start point and an end point. Once you've chosen three maneuvers for the turn, you simultaneously reveal each of them one by one, then place it in front of the plane. You then move the plane so that it overlaps the end point of maneuver card. Then you check for any planes in shooting range, deal damage if so, then move on to the next maneuver. You can't change any of the maneuvers you've placed until the turn ends, at which point you pick them up, then choose your next next three maneuvers.

You've probably gleaned this from the videos already I bet, it's pretty simple to pick up. There's other rules, like needing a straight before and after the turn around maneuver, and being forced to play a stall maneuver after a sharp turn. The maneuver decks are all different too, so one plane could have long arrows meaning it's a fast plane, some have sharper right turns because the real plane was good at turning right, etc. The WWII version has two arrows instead of one (or was it three, I can't remember), and depending on whether you pick up speed or slow down, you choose the appropriate arrow to follow.
>>
>>51794781
>WWII set comes from 2009
ouch, is still in production?
>>
>>51794869
Apparently so, going by Ares Games' page they just released a Battle of Britain starter set 6 days ago. Maybe shop there?
>>
>>51794978
well, beat me then.
now I need to choose, or ask better say. my friends want to play Tanks (GF9) or Wings of Glory?

either way it's i the onw who will be buying all this stuff.
>>
>>51795011
Probably better to ask your friends if they want high flying action or ground rumbling cruising. I will say though that the Wings series is pretty light due to the lack of customization options, even with the plethora of optional rules provided. There's fan side effort to introduce stuff like ace skills and experience points, but regardless you could get left wanting for more quickly. The old Wings of War boxes are still good value for money though (depends on the boxes, some support 4, some only 2), I'd recommend picking them up if you go for the tanks whenever you spot them.
>>
>>51793886
I think if it in the same terms as Pathfinder, a real life containment game / pleb filter that keeps shitheads away from playing good games I like.
>>
>>51795241
I see, the lack of customization is a bad thing, thanks for point it out. and thanks for your time in answering all my doubts.
>>
File: 1487471685337381189884.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1487471685337381189884.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
On a west coast trip to BC, seeing friends I haven't seen in Years, and we be gaming all weekend before Ill be moving on to see old classmates on the island.

Got a friend to buy Jaipur, though I've never played it. Meme game great game.

Biblios was a surprising treat.

Currently playing shit disturbing: the game.

For someone who loves guys on a map and trash games heavy on conflict and chance, I'm OK with this.
>>
Bump-endary encounters
>>
>>51786857
Which D&D game (Ashardalon, Ravenloft, Drizzt) is the best buy in your opinion?
>>
Looking into Arkham Horror LCG, some help plz?
Max is 4 players?
Do I NEED to core sets for 4? Or can I get an expansion to get 4?
How expansions work? What order to buy? How often are releases?
I have a friend who dislikes most games we introduce(7 wonders/risk/superfight/exploading kittens) but she enjoys smash bros and mario party and some other vidya. Think she might dig this?
>>
>>51797362
Hard to say because they all do something different.
Ravenloft is the most video-gamey. It's more straightforward, there's less things to keep track off, events are more unpredictable and monsters' AI is easier to bait.
Drizzt's got more complex combat, but the events are much more tedious since there's a shitload of volcanic vents eruptions that can make you feel like you're playing without events or getting roasted as fuck depending on how the board develops. Drizzt is also super OP compared to the other heroes from all other games.
Ashardalon has some out-of-the-dungeon stuff for a tiny bit more customization, and Ashardalon is by far the most exiting end boss. But the "dungeon" flavor is way weaker than Ravenloft or the underdark and it has the least interesting heroes in my opinion.

I personally like Ravenloft more because I love playing it solo and adding milestones/handicaps or modding heroes/monsters. It's a very brewing friendly system that kinda breaks in the other games because of how much stances/power ups can break the game.
But if you're in for progression and a more campaign-oriented gameplay Ashardalon is the best.
>>
>>51797905
>Max is 4 players?
Yes.

>Do I NEED to core sets for 4?
Yes if you want to immediately be able to play at 4, and if you really want a second copy of faction specific cards.

>Or can I get an expansion to get 4?
Yes, since expansions have more cards to fill up the void.

>How expansions work?
In cycles, each cycle starts with a big box followed by smaller mythos packs. Each cycle is also a self-contained campaign.

>What order to buy?
Core, then whatever cycle you're interested in the campaign in. Only one available at the moment though, and still unfinished.

>How often are releases?
Usually once a month between packs.

>I have a friend who dislikes most games we introduce(7 wonders/risk/superfight/exploading kittens) but she enjoys smash bros and mario party and some other vidya. Think she might dig this?
Probably not. Go for other introductory level board games first.
>>
>>51798819
>Probably not. Go for other introductory level board games first.

try galaxy trucker.
>>
File: IMG_0492.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>51750043
Think I got it before most backers
>>
File: board.jpg (667KB, 740x500px) Image search: [Google]
board.jpg
667KB, 740x500px
Hello. What are the type of board game where you roll a die and move thing on the board. The goal is to get from A to B before other players.
English isn't my first language, so I honestly don't even know what to google for.
Something to play with my five-year-old son.
Something like this.
Please advise.
>>
>>51800356
It's called a racing game.
>>
>>51800368
Thank you.
>>
>>51800271
They reprinted sponsors?! I dont remember that. Is that for everyone at 80 dollars pledge or more?
>>
>>51800356
I don't have a copy, but someone here created an image with game suggestions for young gamers. Hopefully someone can share it for you.
>>
>>51800921
I don't know, I gave them like $90 with a late pledge a month ago and forgot about it.
>>
>>51800998
I'll lurk in this thread, then. Thanks.
>>
>>51801109
Guess they decided to reprint. Is that the artbook in the back or something else? Do you mind uploading the rpg campaign mode in it?
>>
>>51801253
>art book
>campaign mode
Late backer, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>51801263
Whats the black thing at the back?
>>
>>51801359
The box. The art you see is a sleeve.
>>
>>51801478
Oooh right, neat
>>
>>51800356
like the other anon said, those are racing games. but the ones where you roll a die and then move that number of spaces are specifically called "roll and move"
they're also some of the most hated games typically, but obviously a five year old won't mind
it says ages 8+, so there might be a bit too much for a five year old to pick up, but this might be a good game to consider getting in a couple years
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/28023/jamaica
>>
This is mad but I need to ask it, what transferable skills can I gain by playing more board games?

Long story short, I'm a student who's trying to cover all of the gaps in my CV but I've already milked all of my current opportunists dry and I don't want to spend all of my time in a job interview only talking about 2 or 3 different things I've done. This means that I need to start something new, and I'm hoping that I can kill two birds with one stone and have some fun while I'm at it.
>>
>>51804404
go organize a game of mega civ with 18 players and finish it in 12 hours.

i had one last yesterday and the one guy didnt participate but had his hands full managing everything and making sure phases didnt last more then 15 minutes.
also distributing the turn order information and resources in a timely manner.
>>
How to deal with AP issues within a group? I've told them to plan their moves during other player's turns, but when it gets to their turn, they end up staring at the board for 10 minutes before coming up with something.

I don't know what to do. It's a really frustrating experience.
>>
>>51805547
Pull out a sand timer. If you have codenames use that one desu
>>
>>51805547
what games are you trying to play where it's a big problem?
>>
>>51805547
There are two wildly different approaches.

1. Time moves, if they go over they just have to play now.

2. Repeat many times throughout the whole session that perfection is not important and that you should really only be playing by instinct here. Even if it's not true, it'll allow the normal players to continue as normal, and the AP guy will feel really embarrassed.
>>
File: Games for Young Players.png (2MB, 1570x1534px) Image search: [Google]
Games for Young Players.png
2MB, 1570x1534px
>>51801195
Now that I'm home - here's the image I mentioned earlier. Hope it helps.
>>
File: Analysis Paralysis 02.jpg (49KB, 432x292px) Image search: [Google]
Analysis Paralysis 02.jpg
49KB, 432x292px
>>51805781
>and the AP guy will feel really embarrassed.

Not to say "You suck as a teacher." but... you suck when it comes to teaching / dealing with this issue in a constructive manner. The goal here isn't to be a passive-aggressive bitch, it's to teach the 'A.P.' player that no one's life is in the balance and that it's OK to make a sub-optimal choice in a reasonable time frame if only to relax and not stress themselves (and everyone else) out.
>>
File: pico.jpg (72KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
pico.jpg
72KB, 420x420px
>tfw testing out kmc hypermats in preperation for millennium blades next week

Feel like little leather wallets desu
>>
Finally had a chance to play cutthroat caverns last night when a friend brought it. Holy crap, good thing I didn't buy that one on impulse.

It's like playing munchkin without any sort of jokes on the cards.
>>
>>51808840
It's a 'semi-coop / take-that' style game where players attempt to strike the killing blow and end up with all the XP's / Treasure for the encounter. I'm not sure what you were expecting from that... It's pretty straight forward about what kind of game it is on the packaging.

In 'Good' news - looks like Stone Age is back in stock at CSI and elsewhere.
>>
>>51790541
where does the hex and counter go
>>
I had a chance to buy Kemet and I didn't

Board Games are just too expensive of an hobby for someone making 500 euros per month and soon much less.

Goodbye.
>>
Has anyone got any opinion of Boss Monster or TMNT Shadow of the Past? Thinking about picking 'em up for a bit of casual fun (friend hated Nuklear Winter '68).
>>
>>51811989
>bit of casual fun (friend hated Nuklear Winter '68)

Yeah, Nuklear Winter 68 is pretty much a straight up hex & chit war game and definitely not on the casual side of things. Haven't really got any experience with TMNT or Boss Monster so I can't help you there.
>>
>>51811989
Boss Monster gets old very quick imo.
>>
>>51811989
The artwork of boss monster is neat and retro but it's also very luck based
>>
>>51811028
a) People who say that boardgames are a "hobby" are total, unsufferable nitwits. It's like saying that eating food or reading books is a "hobby". Even worse are those that talk about how they 'recently got into the hobby'. Nigga, what, you never played chess or checkers as a child? If so I don't want anything to do with you.

b) Getting good at playing one good game >>>>>>>> buying a ton of poorly thought-out cashgrab games and playing each only a few times.
>>
>>51815043
Did you really just compare buying and playing niche entertainment products to eating food?
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 879x156px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 879x156px
>>51815043
>People who say that boardgames are a "hobby" are total, unsufferable nitwits
Looks fine to me.
>>
>>51815043
>Food analogy
Hobbyist boardgames and the """"classics"""" are in two different leagues. It's be the same as say the difference between someone who watches films and someone who watches incredibly niche arthouse films and enjoys them
>>
>>51815066
>niche entertainment food
>>
>>51815834
That actually is a hobby.
>>
>>51815886
Yes, and people who list 'eating food' as a hobby as unsufferable nitwits. That was my point.

>>51815167
>Hobbyist boardgames and the """"classics"""" are in two different leagues.
Only if you play the most cringe-worthy autismal games, and those kinds of boardgames are very rare. Something like Agricola or Pandemic is mainstream.
>>
>>51812052
He said he wanted a war game, but he was thinking Risk or something. Whatever; still a great solo experience.

>>51812165
>>51813427
That's unfortunate to hear.

Still looking for opinions on TMNT Shadows of the Past if anyone has any.
>>
>>51816402
What, in your opinion, is a cringe-worthy autismal game? Where is the line between autismal and mainstream?
>>
I'm going to be traveling long distance by maglev train, what two player games do you recommend?
>>
File: DProfileMitchell.jpg (26KB, 400x349px) Image search: [Google]
DProfileMitchell.jpg
26KB, 400x349px
>>51816402
>Thing is too complex for me so it is cringe-worthy and autismal :((((

Sad you can't enjoy things I guess, have fun being angry that people play boardgames as their hobby desu
>>
>>51816474
> What, in your opinion, is a cringe-worthy autismal game?
Games that prioritize living vicariously through a game that's full of 'story' and 'theme', especially with themes that focus on fantasy violence and sex. (Robots and monsters and waifus and shit.)

Normie games prioritize competition and gitting gud.
>>
>>51816615
Kingdom Death is actually fun though.
>>
>>51816615
t. Shut up and sit down
>>
>>51816637
Actually, t. all the games you like are bad
SUSD loves that bullshit.
>>
>>51816623
No doubt, but normies won't play something that's obviously targeted at people who can't get laid.
>>
>>51816651
Did you watch their kingdom death review

It boiled down too "Sexy women make me uncomfortable and so does too many game mechanics you might enjoy it I guess"
>>
>>51816506
Blokus and Onitama
>>
>>51816664
But there's no sexy bullshit in the game itself, you have to go out of your way to by pin-ups.
>>
>>51816799
>>51816506
D U K E also is a fine 2p game.
>>
>>51816800
It's not the sexy bullshit itself that's a turnoff, it's the target audience. Also catering to the target audience usually ruins the gameplay mechanics, so the prejudice is justified.
>>
>>51816831
if you and your normie friends feel alienated by the "target audience" it's working as intended, the game is not for you and we don't want you anywhere near it
>>
I picked up a copy of Star Realms over the weekend, and it's pretty rad. How does it hold up in multiplayer, though? I'm not sure if I want to invest in another copy for group matches if it doesn't work well.
>>
>>51816852
Why are you so salty? You asked, I answered. Playing boardgames is the most mainstream recreation there is. (Even normie nigs in mud huts in deepest, darkest Africa play boardgames.)

In reality your hobby (such as it is) is waifus and not getting laid, not boardgames.
>>
>>51816664
>normies won't play something that's obviously targeted at people who can't get laid.
>hot bitches whose panties get moist at phrases like:
> "Exploding Kittens"
>or
> "Two midgets shitting in a bucket."
>normies won't play something that's obviously targeted at people who can't get laid.

Kek! Care to try again, only this time with less fail?
>>
>>51816881
>Playing boardgames is the most mainstream recreation there is.

Monopoly etc doesn't count

You are literally using the same logic game gurglists do to say soccer moms playing candy crush means women care about real computer games
>>
>>51816415
>He said he wanted a war game, but he was thinking Risk or something. Whatever; still a great solo experience.

Yeah, I like Nuklear Winter 68 and Heart of Darkness as well. Don't get to play it often, but then there aren't a lot of folks in my area into hex and chit heavy war games. If you are looking for a lighter war game that's still classic hex and chit - check out Steve Jackson Game's OGRE stuff. If you want something less 'hex & chit' but still war gaming - then look at Small World, Heroes of Normandie, and Kemet.
>>
>>51816908
>Monopoly etc doesn't count
Chess, Go and even Mancala are a hundred times more hardcore than whatever you play. Try again.
>>
>>51816799
>>51816802
>>51816506
The correct answer here is Jaipur.
>>
>>51816932
>If you want something less 'hex & chit' but still war gaming - then look at Small World
Small World is nothing like a wargame. The interesting decisions are the races you pick and when to go into decline, the map and capturing stuff is just filler so you don't get bored while playing.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>51817103
NEW THREAD
>>51817103
NEW THREAD
>>51817103
>>
>>51816967
>Small World is nothing like a wargame.

That's about as wrong as it gets! Small World is literally an 'area control' war game - a simple summary is 'Genocide the War Game - for the Lulz!' There are no other victory conditions (none whatsoever) besides 'exterminate as many others as possible and take their land, etc.' It is an abstract 'area control' war game.
>>
>>51815043
Reading is a hobby tho
Same for board games and cooking (which usually includes eating)
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.