[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying from your LGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 20bucks2-1023x477.jpg (93KB, 1023x477px) Image search: [Google]
20bucks2-1023x477.jpg
93KB, 1023x477px
Be it cards, board games, miniatures, whatever, do you all try to shop from your local store first before searching online?

Also, do you buy from the store even if it ends up being slightly more expensive than shopping online?
>>
>>51749381
I do.
They do 10-20% off so a lot of the time it is cheaper.

I play mostly boardgames and my store is still usually at least $5 cheaper compared to amazon prices (kemet around $90~ including shipping, store sells if for $80~). I can just walk there and pick stuff up so I don't have to deal with shitty postage services either.
On top of that a store inspects their inventory before they sell it. So I'm guaranteed to get a 100% mint product instead of calling in for damaged boxes etc.
>>
I do, From time to time Ill "forget" to bring my dice and buy another set. (aside from the one time I actually did). They only have what I suspect are the remains of a Chessex sampler. Im looking for specific shades and colours in both opaque and translucent.

On an unrelated subject- What is up with Chessex's site? My FLGS does not have what im looking for but their site is 5 years out of date. Im open to the idea of other brands.
>>
I occasionally buy things that will certainly be more expensive than what they are online just to support them like a full sized board game or larger model kit. Otherwise I buy basic things like individual bottles of paint as I am not going to save any cash buying those online.
>>
>>51749381
I buy something every time I go.

Never a large purchase though cause I save like $30-40 just using Amazon for that stuff, just usually like $10-$20 for a mini or whatever.

I think that's fair given how much space a take up for 2-3 hours.

To all the MTG players out there, god bless you, you keep this industry alive
>>
>>51749927
>To all the MTG players out there, god bless you, you keep this industry alive

I don't see what they see in it, but I agree.

Anyone who complains about them needs to really understand the amount of money these people put into cardboard.
>>
>>51749381
I buy the majority of my warham stuff online, but I make a point to buy the occasional shit from my LGS or from a physical GW store.

And before anyone gives me shit about GW, I like knowing that there is a place I can go to that is specifically catered to that game and nothing else and it's something I'm willing to pay a premium for to support.

Also whenever I go to play at GW or an LGS I make sure to buy SOMETHING even if it's just a two dollar drink or a pot of paint because I am using their space after all.
>>
The closest thing to a "Local Game Store" is about 100 miles away. I go there for MtG pre-releases and when I am there I do purchase some singles along with some stuff like sleeves and deck boxes but it's just not feasible for me to buy everything there.
>>
I try to buy at my LGS but if they don't have what I want or when the difference in price is insane (Why buy the PHB for fifty euros there when bookdepository has it for half) I'll just order online.
>>
>>51750093
>not living in your van

Plebs, I bet you pay rent and don't shit in a bucket full of sawdust too.

help me
>>
>>51750093
Why buy into a hobby that you have to travel 200 miles just to get a game in?
>>
>>51750200
I fucking paid rent to the wrong account number

thank god this stuff appears reversible
>>
>>51750213

There are plenty of people around me who play MtG, and I typically get atleast one good game night in a week. We typically do drafts about every other game night so we do have new cards flowing in. But there is just no game shop that is closer.
>>
>>51750213
Thanks to living in the 21st century, I don't "have to" drive 200 miles to buy anything. I can buy al my gaming equipment right here. In bed. Naked. Next to my sleeping wife. Who is also naked. While i am typing this post.
>>
>>51749381
Generally.
They're usually a tad more expensive, but they run events I go to, so I'm happy to pay the pittance.

Also I live in Australia, so I can't exactly but RPG shit online cheaply in the first place.
>>
>>51750266
I said nothing about buying anything, I said playing the game.

LGS's have communities.
>>
>>51750311
I've been gaming since 1978. I've played one or two nights a week for most of my life (more when I was younger). I have yet to play a single session in an LGS.
>>
>>51749381
Used to. My current city's LGS has ridiculous prices and is primarily a boardgame store.

I also never game there.

I typically but off Amazon these days
>>
Probably go every two weeks, probably buy something once a month. It turns out they have an excellent costumer rewards program, so I did all of Xmas shopping there and basically got a book I've been wanting for free. They are really good with trade ins too.
>>
Well I help manage one so yeah ill buy from my LGS, lol.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.