[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General/40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 105

File: photo.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
Phone Bread edition

>Previous Dunking
>>51735039

>Dank Daily Duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=783slFWP61M [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>51742104
First for Templars
>>
Sure is slow when there's no leaks to talk about...
>>
>>51742161
It's slow during work and school hours.
>>
I want to use a DE Tantalus, but i cant find the 3rd edition of the Apoc book since the main mega went down. Anybody have it?
>>
File: SentinelCadia.jpg (66KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
SentinelCadia.jpg
66KB, 873x627px
Repost because i want an answer, i`ve got a question

I plan to use the Emperor's Talon Recon Company for some fluffy games in the future and i just read that one of the sentinels becomes a character, does that mean that he could by my warlord and get warlord traits ?
>>
So the Necrons are going Lawful Neutral, huh? Trazyn is even HELPING HUMANS now.
>>
>>51742176
>Americans
>>
>>51742182
yes
>>
>>51742176
It's like 8:30 pm in Bongistan, the country of this game's origin
>>
File: I asked for this.jpg (23KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
I asked for this.jpg
23KB, 500x311px
The Ynnari list now means I can take stick aspect warriors inside of venoms without having to deal with allies, and I can take swooping hawks and scourges together too. Wraithguard in raiders and Archons dropping squads of wraithblades onto your face.
Cool.
>>
>>51742195
Fuck it, I'm going to order 12 sentinels
>>
>>51742191
>europeens
Shouldn't you be asleep mate
>>
File: SSentinel.jpg (98KB, 401x604px) Image search: [Google]
SSentinel.jpg
98KB, 401x604px
>>51742195
thanks, that means that i can legally field sergeant Dauntless and his fearless warband of Sentinel pilots, ready to destroy the emperors enemies

>>51742207
6 are enough for that formation, but of course 12 would be better and i think they may even be kinda effective
>>
>>51742209
I'm an Americal, too. Britbongs should be finishing diner about now. Tea time is serious. God save the Queen.
>>
File: Tyranids - 1850pts.jpg (153KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1850pts.jpg
153KB, 900x900px
I just posted this in the old thread and only after that I noticed the new one opened.

Any thoughts on this list? I still have to buy everything, so I can change ideas in any moment. I plan on buying both the Start Collecting box and the other big one with 40 Gaunts, Gargoyles and a Carnifex plus other stuff because the Elite slots must be there.
>>
>>51742234
when is tea time?
>>
File: sm (2).jpg (18KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
sm (2).jpg
18KB, 400x500px
Alright /40kg/, I've been working on fluffing my donut steels, and would like some feedback.

>Technically a renegade Dark Angels successor chapter
>Made up of chapter marines who have fallen under the influence of Cypher or his company
>Basically the Fallen, but not 10 millennia old
>Cypher's influence is not necessarily bound to the Dark Angels, members may be drawn from any chapter
>kind of like a renegade Deathwatch, although the large majority are going to be Dark Angels
>Initiation into the chapter includes placing one's right hand upon the alleged Lion Sword, being gifted visions of the ancient past
>Marines paint their right arm red as a reminder of the visions they see
>Similar to the Deathwatch, marines repaint their armor, but may keep their previous chapter's heraldry and shoulder badge, though none of it's color
>Like the Fallen, they operate almost entirely in secret, drawing the Imperium's attention only when it benefits them
>Unit composition complies with the Codex Astartes, will be fielded using the Dark Angels Codex

The name I've called them so far is the Angels of Atonement, though this wasn't meant to be permanent. Some of my reasons for doing this is I currently play Dark Angels, but one of the people in my circle (whom I met after collecting a sizeable army) ALSO plays Dark Angels. I don't like that we can't play against each other without the table looking like my unkempt back yard. So, being that I enjoy painting MUCH more than he, I have decided to repaint my army. This way also allows me to use some bits and transfers that would never have been used otherwise, and I have an excuse to buy some of the cool chapter-specific boxes without starting another army.

So what say you, /tg/? Would any of this trigger your autism to the point that you wouldn't play me anymore?
>>
>>51742161
I can always shitpost about New Celestine not being a SoB.
>>
>>51742308
I'd probably want to play against you more, especially if it was a narrative campaign
>>
>>51742207
What is this infatuation with horrible open topped overpriced heavy weapons platforms? I was addicted to Armored Core too but I'm not a sadist
>>
File: DrSides.jpg (4KB, 98x125px) Image search: [Google]
DrSides.jpg
4KB, 98x125px
>>51742104

Fucking op

YE forgot the weekly Regimental Thread

>https://regimental-standard.com/2017/02/15/the-visarch-chic-or-shabby/

>It is the measure of the man, and not his wargear, that matters in the eyes of the Emperor.’

Also

>Congratulations to Officer Giampapa for transcribing today’s missive. He has broken the record for informational footnotes. A Commissar has been to dispatched to talk to him about wasting Departmento Munitorum paper.
>>
>>51742308
No.
The only issue is that Cypher is secretive as all hell and wouldn't let a bunch of weirdos touch his sword for anything.
Also the name is off putting, are they actually atoning for something or are they just ditching the Imperium? I would seek a more appropriate title
>>
>>51742308
Where I play we never discuss for. Our at least not the fluff of our OC armies. Most you'd get is "cool paint job".
>>
File: Bwahaha.jpg (86KB, 287x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bwahaha.jpg
86KB, 287x626px
>>51742380
It is a badass model though
>>
>>51742308
I really like the premise, but not so much the name or colors. I don't really think the name is fitting, and I think red+purple is going to look weird on the table
>>
>>51742431
I should stop using swype
>We never discuss fluff or at least not the fluff of our oc armies
>>
>>51742308
i would wait with the fluff until we get the 3rd gathering storm with cypher
>>
>>51742388
Well, I was kinda playing into the secretive thing so that I wouldn't be stepping on any established canon.

I really like the one arm painted a different color, but I feel like it ought to represent something.
>>
>>51742431
If that's the case call them Cypher's Watch or something, or the Fallen Watch, a name like that suggests who they really are without having to write an essay on it
>>
>>51742431
Same thing here, I think the most I've been asked is what their name is and who the founding chapter was.
>>
So the fuck list builder app do I use now that Battlescribe is dead? For ipad.
>>
>>51742524
PEN
AND
PAPER
>>
>>51742524
Not to be snarky but excel works well
>>
>>51742455
I've been out of the fluff loop for a while and didn't realize this was a thing.

Perhaps I ought to just stick with "Purple Dudes" for a while longer.
>>
File: Army.png (208KB, 885x921px) Image search: [Google]
Army.png
208KB, 885x921px
r8, h8, m4st3r b8
>>
>>51742530

> PEN AND PAPER

Yeah if i want to piss my opponent off spending half an hour writing my list.
>>
>>51742524
battlescribe is dead?
if so the WAAAGHBuilder from op
>>
File: Army #2.png (147KB, 892x679px) Image search: [Google]
Army #2.png
147KB, 892x679px
>>51742543
First one was castellans.
>>
>>51742554

Not literally dead, but they stopped supporting the old app meaning it crashes every time I try to open it, and the new app has all 1 star reviews saying it -also- crashes when opened.
>>
Would anyone throw a bitchfit if I modeled my Crusader squads with two chainswords and holstered bolt pistol? Not enough pistol arms and it looks cool plus it makes no difference rules wise.
>>
>>51742542
short version, guiiliman wakes up and somehow ends in an alliance with cypher. They even made a new model. Will be out in a month or so
>>
File: half a spiritual liege.jpg (34KB, 376x424px) Image search: [Google]
half a spiritual liege.jpg
34KB, 376x424px
Is this already a canon chapter scheme?
>>
Is the Cavalcade or Brood Cycle the better choice for a GSC decurion? I was thinking brood cycle for more bodies, but are the chimera and leman Russ worth it if I was going to take a Core+ Uprising + Demolition Claw?
>>
>>51742552
It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes. I can do a 2k list in that time.
>>
>>51742552
>Not writing your list beforehand

List-tailoring Tau scum detected
>>
>>51742590

Well that's real neato for you, but it's still infinitely faster to just pick off a list and not fuck up your options or math.
>>
>>51742622
Well fine, do it the efficient way you wacko
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (101KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
101KB, 400x500px
>>51742308
You should use this scheme instead
>>
>>51742570
Probably not.
>>
>>51742543
Thats not how platoons work. One platoon counts as on troops choice, and comes standard with one platoon commander and two gaurdsmen squads (not veterans)
>>
>>51742620
that's just the result of carrying 2000+ points of models around with you and someone comes over and wants a 1000 point game.
>>
File: Forces of the Imperium - 1850pts.jpg (403KB, 900x1817px) Image search: [Google]
Forces of the Imperium - 1850pts.jpg
403KB, 900x1817px
Thoughts?
>>
>>51742620

Nah, I just buy way more models than I actually need then shake up my list according to whim for variety.

I don't generally write until I meet my opponent because I don't know if we'll be playing 1000, 1500, 2000 or some arcane other number.
>>
>>51742649
>Not having pre-defined and written up lists for every point value
>>
>>51742543
The Platoon is missing 2 required Infantry Squads, since Conscripts are part of a platoon there's 3 (1 incomplete) troop choices in that detachment.

Formation CCS is missing its required transport, a Manticore/Deathstrike is missing and there's only 1 of 2 artillery units unless this is some Emp's Wrath formation I don't remember.
>>
inb4 someone comes along and asks for this
https://mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
https://mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
>>
>>51742543
thats not how it works
if you tank an allied detachment you need 1 troop 1hq
hq=pask

1troop = 1 veteran squad
OR
1 infantry platoon (the whole platoon is 1 choice)

a platoon has
1 Platoon command
2-5infantry squads
0 - 3? special/heavy weapon squads
0-1 conscript squad
>>
>>51742307
When the Big Bong bongs several times past midde deigh.
>>
>>51742687
God bless you anon
>>
>>51742636
Why tf this nibba look like he bout to backhand a sister of battle round her face and call her ho?
>>
>>51742552
>taking half an hour to scribble down a list
Are you a special student?
>>
>>51742649
>>51742664
It should be easy to have lists pre made for the most common point values. If someone really wants to play at 1250 or whatever, then you can just look at the differences between your 1000 and 1500 list and add some things to meet that value on the fly.

If I'm looking for a pickup game, I don't want to wait around for to to write a physical list, or watch you sit on your phone for 10 minutes and then have to read over things to make sure the program is actually right.
>>
>>51742705
His pimp hand touched the alleged Lion Sword anon
>>
>>51742104
>>51741214
>It has a boner for Priest with plasmaguns
>No idea why you would like to put a plasma gun to your single wound 25 points model that is better off as support in Melee for his war hymns
I was thinking the same thing. I mean, a Priest with a Plasma Gun is worth it maybe if you have Kurov's Aquila or you put it in a Command Squad with Straken and fill it up with Plasma and the Medic because of Straken's melee buffs combining well with a Priest, as well as Monster Hunter working well with Plasma, but that's an incredible waste of points. That's like 355 points for a Guard HQ that isn't a Tank Commander.

Personally I like to take a Priest from the IA book so I can have one with the Book of St Lucius. 5 Points to make War Hymns auto-pass which is great if you only really have one giant blob. It's even better if you manage to get Forewarning from a Psyker and get a re-rollable 4++. Also Jacobus is pretty worth it too for blobs with or without the Castellans. 12 inch Counter-Attack and Fearless bubble with Castellans ingrained Hatred is solid. Plus LD9 War Hymns for the blob he's a part of.
>>
>>51742723

Yes.

I mean, I'm in university now, but I still suck at basic math and have sloppy as hell handwriting because the special school I got sent to in my primary years let kids "study at their own pace" so suddenly I find out I'm four years behind in math when I'm transferred back to regular people school.

Incompetent fucks. Was a nightmare cramming back through the coursework to get caught up.
>>
File: Ynnari - 1850pts.jpg (284KB, 900x1608px) Image search: [Google]
Ynnari - 1850pts.jpg
284KB, 900x1608px
thoughts? the basic idea is to avoid the enemy trust and attack from a flank

tried to make a not-too-cheesy ynnari list
>>
>>51742645
>>51742693
I like how the instructions to take a platoon and its effect on FOC is clearly explained in 2 sentences on top of the page.
>>
File: 20170215_150649.jpg (740KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170215_150649.jpg
740KB, 3264x2448px
>>51742636
Welp
>>
>>51742359
They are great. I use them a lot too because they are den out of den cute cute and decently effective. Emperor's Talon gives Armored Sentinels Outflank too. 3 Armored Walking with Plasma Canons is 5 points less than an Executioner with more hull points. It's not as good as an Executioner, but it draws less attention, plus the other 3 Armored Sentinels could outflank with Multi-Lasers or Autocannons or Lascannons and they get preferred enemy vs one unit, and there's always something worth while like a big MC or a squadron of MCs/vehicles.

>>51742182
Proud of you son. Emperor's Talon is a good formation by Guard standards. It's still weak compared to other armies, but you will have fun with it. Outflanking Armored Sentinels is great.
>>
>>51742778
Use notepad you mong.
>>
>>51742778
excel?
Openoffice calc?
>>
File: 1396872388565.jpg (158KB, 628x858px) Image search: [Google]
1396872388565.jpg
158KB, 628x858px
Rate my CSM list.

Death Guard Legion restrictions:
- everyone (that can) must buy MoN
- everyone (that can) gets VoTL for free
- every unit with VoTL gets: -1 Initiative, Feel no Pain (5+), Fearless and Relentless

Army List:

HQ:
Lord + Bike, P.fist, L. Claw, Mon, Sigil, VotLW - 165p

Troops:
7x Plague Marines + 2 Meltaguns, P.fist, Combi-melta, VotLW - 223p
7x Plague Marines + 2 Plasmaguns, P.fist, Combi-plasma, VotLW - 233p
Rhino + Havoc launcher - 47p
Rhino + Havoc launcher - 47p
10x Cultists + Autoguns, Flamer, 10 Mon - 83p

Elite:
3 x Chaos Terminators + 3 Combi-meltas, 3 Mon, VotLW - 130p
Helbrute + Twin-linked Lascannon - 125p

Fast Attack:
5x Bikers + 5 Mon, 2 Meltaguns, P.fist, VotLW - 185p

Heavy Support:
3x Obliterators + 3 Mon, VotLW - 228p
2x Obliterators + 2 Mon, VotLW - 152p
5x Havocs + 4 autocannons, 5 Mon, VotLW - 130p

1748/1750p.

A little weak in numbers of infantry, but I tried to make a fun list while staying overall flexible and competetive (I usualy play with friends who tend to try out different crazy lists and formations, so I can't realy expect to face any specific army/list).

P.S. The only reason I've a helbrute in my army is because I have a huge hard-on for forgeworld chaos dreadnoughts.
>>
>>51742723
He plays 40k...
>>
This may be a dumb question, but I've never dealt with Forge World so bare with me. When they say something is No Longer Available, do they mean they're waiting on restock or is it gone for good?
>>
>>51742867
>- every unit with VoTL gets: -1 Initiative, Feel no Pain (5+), Fearless and Relentless
with this for your basic CSM squad, why bring plaguemarines?
especially since u are light on numbers anyway
>>
>>51742958
gone/oop

otherwise its temporarily not available
>>
>>51742267
>>51742267
I don't mean to offend, but this list is awful.
>Tyrant with all that junk
You really ought to build your tyrants for one job or another, not multiple. Drop the lashbone unless you know you're fighting something that hits faster and harder, or swap the stranglethorn for scything talons.
>Tyrant guard at over 200pts
If your tyrant is screened well enough, you won't need 3, and certainly not 3 with crushing claws. Two maybe, I've gotten solid results with one usually.
>3 expensive warriors
Again, give the squad one job. Time spent shooting is time not spent on running, and vice versa. Drop the guns for scyth tals and use bones words unless initiative is that much of a problem.
>expensive hormagaunts
Rule of thumb: never take more than one upgrade on gaunts. They become too expensive for their survivability, and will bleed points unless cheapened up.
>big blob o gants
This isn't bad, but I'd suggest breaking them up into two or three squads for flexibility.
>Hive guard
Not bad, just make sure they're aiming for light transports and fliers if possible, that said, you have better options for AA.
>3 zoans in a squad
Wanting the neurothrope is ok, but you're costing yourself synapse range and a possible instant KO if someone starts hammering them with S8 or higher. The biggest issue with this list is the low and vulnerable synapse count.
>3 venoms in a squad
You really should only take two. Taking separate units of these guys will be more helpful when possible.
>(assuming) can opener fex in the transport
Solid, but needs support from one or two other deep striking squads.

I'd focus on spending fewer pts per model and stacking up the body count.
>>
>>51742976
Then I am pissed as I was looking at the page earlier in the day, it was there, and I was thinking about buying it when I got off of work. God dammit.
>>
I don't really get Night Lords. Doesn't playing a fluff accurate Chaos-hating warband mean you have to disregard like half your CSM codex?
>>
>>51742965
>why bring plaguemarines
I like plague knives (poison 4+) and the ability to take 2 special weapons in a smaller squad (I would have to take 10CSM otherwise). And most importantly, defensive grenades, which is something a lot of people often forget.
I feel like the price difference is justified for what they get (not to mention a *free* champion).

Also, fluff. As I've mentioned, it's supposed to be a fun list.
>>
>>51743018
huh? last time i looked, there was a last chance to buy? did they threw that in the bin again?
>>
>>51743052
I was looking at the Caestus Assault Ram
>>
>>51742341
For real though, wtf was GW thinking.
>>
>>51743064
Huh that thing is gone?
drop them an email, maybe they just change some details or something
>>
File: Sailor Soldiers by shabomu.png (4MB, 700x3106px) Image search: [Google]
Sailor Soldiers by shabomu.png
4MB, 700x3106px
>>51742341
>>51743075

>We created Sailor Moon Incarnate
>>
>>51743097
I hope so. Its one of the few Space Marine flyers I like the look of.
>>
>>51742867
If you're not going with the Vectorium you shouldn't bother with the expensive plagues, cultists, terminators, helbrute or obliterators. Instead make your plagues MoN marines in numbers of 6 (so it takes 4 kills to get VP) a sorcerer lord on bike with a couple nurgle spawn then ally Vraks Renegades and fill troop choices with the best tarpit troop choice in the game, plague zombies. 4++ invuln fearless and no longer Slow and Purposeful with Vraks they're hands down the best choice you have. With a CAD of them you can make better use of their outrageous heavy support choices, rapier lasers being T7 AP2 ordnance at 20 points without extra crew and can be taken in batteries of 3 per choice is frankly broken and outperforms your autocannon havocs by unbelievable measure. Getting access to wyverns is what you need. I had written a list with Vraks Renegades being the primary detachment as the DG Legion command benefits kind of suck ass aside from eternal warrior but with that high of toughness you won't be ID'd against anything but a titan stomp. It'd also help to take a daemon weapon on your lord as LC+PF can't carry the squad like you think it will
>>
File: 372px-Hammer-and-anvil.jpg (24KB, 372x600px) Image search: [Google]
372px-Hammer-and-anvil.jpg
24KB, 372x600px
>>51740358

Holy fudge, this is some SSS+ sisters model

>sees UA using some autistic retextured models made by Geedubs, even the art looks like Trannies

well i never liked Ultimate Apocalypse and Cylarne's Circlejerking shitposts anyway...
>>
>>51742965
>>51743046

The regular marines with Mon and extra CCW are 18 points. Plague Marines are 24 points each.

So for 6 points you get:
- poison 4+
- defensive grenades

And they can take 2 special weapons in 5-man squads instead of 10.
Whatever floats your boat I guess, personally I prefer using CSM with marks.
>>
File: Tyranids - 1850pts.jpg (187KB, 900x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1850pts.jpg
187KB, 900x1037px
>>51743016
Updated stuff basing on your suggestions: reduced many loadouts, playing two blobs of 20 Termagants, adding two small bunches of Gargoyles to add some more deepstriking...
>>
>>51743237
codex CSM does suffer from shit-too-expensive syndrome already, so you should not take more than absolutely necessary, i.e. the extra CCW should go aswell.
in the end its only a T5 3+ model. It will die rather easy anyway.

For whats worth plaguemarines also get a better Ld which might be useful against psychic shriek and friends
>>
Are Space Marine command squads actually any good?
>>
>>51743266
That looks much better. You may want to modify it based on who you're playing, but looks solid.
>>
File: 1.png (495KB, 874x610px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
495KB, 874x610px
The fuck is this shit, how do i remove this window.
>>
File: bueno.jpg (22KB, 315x432px) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
22KB, 315x432px
>>51743192
But anon I'm not trying to make the cheesiest list on this side of Terra

The expensive plagues, cultists, terminators, oblits and the helbrute are kind of the point. It's supposed to be a fluffy, low on numbers army that can still hold it's own and is a pain to properly kill off.

If I wanted cheese I'd go play Taudar.

Still thanks for the idea, I'll write it down, to maybe play it one day when I'm feeling particularly evil.
>>
>>51743302
If you are iron hands.
>>
>>51743302
If you're not iron hands, yes.
>>
>>51743313
>being too retarded to use simple software

Go for a walk anon. It'll do you good.
>>
should i glue on the power backpacks for my kasrkin before priming them?
>>
>>51743328
>>51743340
Wut da zog?
>>
File: 1382846700126.png (84KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1382846700126.png
84KB, 480x480px
>>51743328
>>51743340
>>
File: fucking umies.png (882KB, 525x719px) Image search: [Google]
fucking umies.png
882KB, 525x719px
>>51743381
>>
>>51743302
>>51743328
>>51743340
They are good if you put them on bikes and give them grab. Dark Angels Ravenwing Command squad is pretty much better in every way tho.
>>
File: IMG_4361.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4361.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Do I give in and play cheese?
>>
File: 1399914114550.jpg (45KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
1399914114550.jpg
45KB, 450x495px
>>51743328
>>51743340
>>
God i'm too drunk.
>>
Help! I'm an imperial designer and my neck of the galaxy is far too righteous! I'm low on human and abhuman skulls and I need some in a hurry!
>>
>>51743075
>GW
>Thinking

Pick one.

Beside tricks to look good to the share holders (bigger models, higher prices look good in the short term) GW lacks the smarts.
I wish they took their heads away from their asses and stop riding in a dead glory horse.
>>
>>51743399
does not have to be cheese, anon
fight the urge
buy the box and make 6TL catapults and 3 shuriken cannons out of it. Like in the good days.

It is still a strong unit
>>
>>51743399
>160$

Anon please tell me you haven't bought this at GW. You know you can go to your local store/literally anywhere else and get it like 20-30% cheaper, right?
>>
>>51743399
Yes.
Always yes
>>
>>51743395
I happen to play Dark Angels. I was thinking of making a Dark Angels space marine command squad though, because I still don't have any bike HQ.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51743432
This is at my local store.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51743427
But it calls to me.
>>
>>51743399
Do it, anon. Demonstrate the inherent inferiority of the mon-keigh.
>>
>>51743442
You don't even need a bike HQ to take them in a CAD
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 941x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 941x608px
Why is news from this goddamn Robin Hood tiny fight mans company always so existentially draining?
>>
>>51743471
You do for a Ravenwing Strike Force though.
>>
File: whatamireading.jpg (29KB, 217x408px) Image search: [Google]
whatamireading.jpg
29KB, 217x408px
>>51743480
>Why is news from this goddamn Robin Hood tiny fight mans company always so existentially draining?
>>
>>51742822
I rike it
>>
>>51743234

>Forced to play Sisters with a memetic Mod

fuck

>>51740322

well, i think we got our guy

>https://1d4chan.org/images/f/f8/Fall_of_Cadia_End.png
>>
File: hjk.jpg (3KB, 168x155px) Image search: [Google]
hjk.jpg
3KB, 168x155px
>>51743450
>85$ for a riptide
...but....that's literaly the full GW price.
Please tell me your locals store isn't actually a GW store.
>>
>>51743040
..............Yes.

You probably just go Raptor Talon and spam the fuck out of Lords, raptors, 'talons and maybe Chosen and Heldrakes and shit. at least that is what i've seen

I wouldn't go down the chaos-hating path it leaves less options. All i know is i've never seen NL spawn, oblits, daemon engines, etc. and none of them seem fitting.
>>
>>51743399
Hell yeah, dude, just don't run only scatbikes and try to tone down the cannons
>>
A user on 30k Sweden posted the following rumor.

Hey all, just had a chat with Rob Macfarlane about Space Wolf models that he’s designed. I think this will make a lot of people very happy.
Grey Slayers are done, and are not just one kit. They are several different upgrade kits to cover all the weapon options, 10 heads a kit, an artificer armour sergeant, 20 shoulder pads, and then the weapon options. I’m not clear on there being different heads in each kit, but I expect it’s the same base with different weapon options being what makes each set unique. Still, awesome!
Varagyr are half-finished, torsos & heads and pads done. Rob really wants to do running legs as well to emphasize their aggressive nature, with knotwork on the knees and carefully draped pelts that flow with the armour, but that’s undecided as of now.
They’ve also planned out but not started on the models for Priests of Fenris, but there will definitely be models for Speakers of the Dead & Casters of Runes.
Only thing that hasn’t been worked out so much is Deathsworn, and they should still arrive this year.

Thoughts?
>>
File: doubt.jpg (198KB, 601x911px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
198KB, 601x911px
>>51743628
>Thoughts?
>>
>>51743628
One, possibly the wrong thread.
Two, I think we already had that rumour after the Weekender, as far as I remember.
>>
>>51743450
It's good to know that I'm not the only anon whose store sells stuff at full price.

Fucker gets away with it too because it's literally the only store of its kind in 2 hour drive distance.
>>
>>51743509
plenty of independent stores sell GW products at MSRP tho? I would say most of them
>>
>>51743628

to the horus heresy thrash bin it goes
>>
>>51743628
SW lists take pretty much no regular marines so i dont think it matters.

its all wulfen and TWC
>>
>>51743503
Except that it doesn't even look like that Sword Brother's decoration, which has been a bit in the Crusader upgrade kit for years.
>>
>>51743628
More Marine shit
Blue marines, black marines, green marines, wolf marines, vampire marines, edgy marine.

Don't get me wrong but I'm just tired of marines and I bloody play them.

The fact that I can just use different rules for them without any problem because they are all pretty much the same

Maybe Grey Knights by simply having Storm Bolters instead of Bolters.
>>
>>51743670
>having alternatives, even if it's a 2 hour drive
must be good living somehwere where GW hasn't completely cucked third party retailers.
Strayans are stuck with gw, ebay and pretty good chinacast for FW. the lgs in aus sell at like up to 5% discount, which isn't worth going to them.
>>
File: 1394563229794.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1394563229794.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>51743628
>knotwork
>>
>>51743702
Well, the thing is that those other stores 2 hours away also sell at full retail price and none of them are official stores. So the only thing they have that my local store doesn't is that they tend to have a larger stock.
>>
new cron stuff when
>>
>>51743788
well, trazyn is probably arriving, with creed in hand, silent king is rumoured to arrive.
>>
Anybody know a good replacement chest piece for Tempestus Scions? I don't really like the raised center on the standard breastplate.

Just wondering if there was anyway I could make Scions look halfway decent since its so hard to track down Kasrkin models.
>>
File: Intro Games - 500pts.jpg (182KB, 900x946px) Image search: [Google]
Intro Games - 500pts.jpg
182KB, 900x946px
How's this balance wise for two 500 point armies for demo games? I aimed to have enough variety to make it interesting without things getting too crazy.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2000pts.jpg (151KB, 900x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2000pts.jpg
151KB, 900x1039px
2v2 casual game me and csm against tyranids and DE. Csm will shield me with his infantry.
This is emperor's fist and emperor's wrath fornations.
>>
>>51743860

Should make it imperials vs chaos or xenos, not imperium vs imperium.
>>
>>51743839
I used SM scout torso.
>>
>>51743885
Hmm, might have to look into that, since Scout Armor is basically the same as Carapace and all.
>>
>>51743871
Make points for the artillery officer in your CCS
>>
Reminder that if you're in the San Antonio area go to Knight Watch or Knight Owl for your 40k shit so you can get a discount, CoG is run by literal Jews and is only good for their used product but I wouldn't buy from them anyways, and dragons lair makes my heart go doki doki but they don't have a GW discount, everyone else a shit.
>>
Do all of the IG armies have codices/rules?
e.g. vostroyans, kanak skull takers, harakoni warhawks, terrax guard
if i'm not mistaken, only the following have rules
catachans
cadians
elysians
kriegers
karskins? (are they just the old stormtrooper models? do they have a real codex/ruleset?)
>>
>>51743871
I think you're missing a tank squadron for Emp's Fist.
>>
>>51743871
>imperial guard
>fighting alongside heretics
Disgusting
>>
>>51743900
I can make some photos tomorrow.
>>51743934
You think? There 3 squadrons and 1 of them has tank commander.
>>
Why do most 40k weapons have such shit range? Why are optics not a thing in the 41st millenium?
>>
>>51743972
>Why do most 40k weapons have such shit range?

Its a game, not a simulation.
>>
>>51743961
I'll look forward to the pics. Kinda want to see how it flows before I rush out to buy some Scions and scout bits.
>>
File: 1484887309458.gif (1MB, 229x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484887309458.gif
1MB, 229x300px
>>51743914
>Live in Fort Worth
>Sci-Fi Factory has 20% off minis only, but employees are dickbags unless you play MTG or Heroclix.
>Have a GW store, cool blackshirt, but it's GW prices, I only go for paints no one elese has
>Evo Games has 25% off ALL GW, cool owner, DELICIOUS catfish/chicken place next door
>A bit further away, but Full-Spectrum Wargames has 20% off all GW and for every $300 spent you get a bonus 10% off voucher(non-stackable)
>Mfw my friends all dump our purchases at Full-Spectrum into one account to rack up additional bonus vouchers
>Mfw we basically have a permanent 30% off

I didn't realize how good I had it compared to some of the posters here. The Emperor smiles upon North Texas. The owner's a cool guy, too.
>>
>>51744004
San Antonio has some great places to game, but knight watch/owl are basically the only places to shop gw at discount. 20% off at knight watch and variable discount based on popularity at knight owl. Everyone else is in gw's pocket when it comes to their products.
>>
>>51743989
It's both actually.
>>
>>51742267
>>51743266
Not having any flying monstrous creatures of any kind is a mistake, particularly at 1850 points where tyranids are generally at their weakest.
>>
>tau are a shooting race
>bs3
>>
>>51744004
Had a blackshirt and redshirt friends that gave me around 30,000 points of 40k and fantasy
>>
>aeldari
>>
>>51744004
>New York
>There's one GW store. That's it. That's fucking it because the other two places suck.
>It's rad as shit and I don't have to put up with any of the crap other people here do.
Feels good
>>
>>51744106
>>51744137
A tad late for shitposting, are we?
>>
>>51744137
I like it and it's grown on me...
If anything it makes them sound a bit more "alien" even if the price is sounding more like a "OCDONUTSTEEL" name.
>>
>>51744103
1850 does such a strange thing to nids, it forces you to Lictorshame or flyrant spam if you want a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything. Too many points for everyone else to be able to more than match your firepower, not enough points to just drown the enemy in bodies. Sad.
>>
>>51744174
>"alien"
you mean gay?
>>
>>51742699
Britbong here, This is correct
>>
>>51743961
Pretty sure Emp's Fist is a 5 tank minimum.

>1 Tank Commander
>3 Leman Russ Squadrons
>1-3 Enginseers

>The Tank Commander must take one Leman Russ
>The Tank Commander's squadron must include 1-2 other Leman Russ tanks
Note Tank Commander's squadron, not Leman Russ Squadron. That makes the Tank Commander a unit of 2 tanks, this is before you add the 3 Leman Russ squadrons the formation asks.

It really should be renamed to Tank Command Squad with composition 1 Tank Commander and 1 Leman Russ tank (pg.102) because he has his own unit.
>>
File: Tyranids - 990pts.jpg (141KB, 900x794px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 990pts.jpg
141KB, 900x794px
So I'm introducing some friends to 40k, and decided to make the intro game a classic matchup of space marines vs tyranids. Does this look like it'd be fun for both sides? I wanted to emphasise the two different playstyles, playing the Marines as elite but effective, and the nids as having a mixture of cheap chaff and big monsters.
>>
>>51744183
At 1850 points everyone gets to bring their high points value rape machines and death star squads. Tyranids have no high points units that are actually good except for hive tyrants and can't build death stars.
>>
File: 1482861182343.png (763KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482861182343.png
763KB, 800x800px
>Aeldari
rofl
>>
>>51744212
The tyranids can't kill the dreadnought.
>>
>>51742221
>any thoughts?
it's shit. That's one of the worst possible lists you could make at 1850. Only things worth their points in that are the Hive Guard and Zoeys.
Also: 30 man blob of gants and no troop Tervigon? the shit are you doing, nigger?
>>
>>51744273

>Samefag from /v/
>>
>>51742822
Repaint it then.
>>
File: mom.png (233KB, 397x380px) Image search: [Google]
mom.png
233KB, 397x380px
>>51744273
>>
>>51744212
As someone who plays nids, the nids won't be able to do anything worthwhile, it'll probably be an incredibly one-sided game.
>>
I don't really play much (haven't played in 3 years) but I've been offered a game with a mate (he plays Khorne heavy chaos space marines) so I put a list together of everything i own:

HQ:

Chapter master, artificer armour, shield eternal, burning blade

Darnath lysander

Troop:

10x tac marines, drop pod

10x tac marines, rhino

10x tac marines

Heavy:

Fire raptor

Devastator squad, 4x heavy bolter

Allies (DKOK)

HQ:

Lord Commisar

Troop:

Infantry platoon (2x10 guardsmen, hq squad, 3x heavyweight bolters weapons teams)

Heavy:

Leman russ battle tank x2

How bad will I do? Will I get wiped out early on? Not really sure how best to utilise everything and I have no more models to add bar 5x Custodes.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>51744295
>he is STILL MAD
Why not just pick a less homosexual faction?
>>
>>51743989
If you went by realistic ranges, you might as well not bother with them at all except on pistols.
>>
>>51744273
>>51744137
Yeah if you're going to shitpost bait you might as well go all in
>age of emprah
>orks with tyranids
>ultramarines only chapter
>tau are necrons
>>
>>51744004
I live in Collin County. Plano has Madness Games & Comics and it's like some sort of geek paradise on earth. Everything's MSRP, but you can find fucking everything here. Comics, RPGs, Wargaming, and just various nerd merch as far as the eye can see.
>>
File: IMG_2309.jpg (289KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2309.jpg
289KB, 1080x1920px
>>51744373
>>
>people in the last few threads going nuts about Ynnari, begging for tips on how to beat them?

For what purpose? Soulburst isn't even that good unless they're already playing full cheese, with all the wraithknights and scatbikes.

It's not going to be easy for the stuff in their special formations to completely obliterate a unit in Soulburst range of another unit that is also in range of another unit to spend the resulting action on. Sure, Wraithguard are ultimate cheese, but Avengers and Incubi are hardly world-ending death stars.

And if they're running full Wraithcheese, why are you even playing against them?
>>
File: 91f.gif (5MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
91f.gif
5MB, 480x480px
>>51744321

>from butthurt to hemorrhoid in less than a shitpost

the 12 year memey is strong in this one
>>
which is the best knight, thinking of picking up a cerastus knight atropos. my only other anti-armour/mcs is vendettas and plasma/melta vets. Is it worth it?
>>
File: laughinganna.gif (1MB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
laughinganna.gif
1MB, 245x250px
>>51744383
>>
>>51744212
There's literally a single model in the tyranid CAD capable of glancing the front or side armor of a dreadnought, all the other models can only glance the rear armor, none of them can penetrate it at all.

The tervigon doesn't even have crushing claws or electroshock grubs and the tyranid elites choice is the one elite choice that can't kill anything at all, you could have at least given them a zoanthrope.
>>
>>51744212
Swap out the dread with an attack bike or a land speeder.
>>
File: 1379706003817.gif (1MB, 230x290px) Image search: [Google]
1379706003817.gif
1MB, 230x290px
>>51744383
Now he's just fucking us around, the absolute mad man!.

Welcome back Ward.
>>
>>51744212
I would suggest swapping out the warriors with Zoanthropes.
>>
>>51744514
Or swap out the warrior squad for something useful like a hive crone, since they will get gunned down by bolter fire before they can assault.
>>
>>51744494
>>51744552

I wanted to avoid giving them a Zoanthrope, because I wanted to streamline it down to base-level stuff, and not throw in psykers.
>>
>>51743018
What item?
>>
You know what I realized? There is no 40k faction that has one of the most common motivating forces in all of fiction. The desire for money. We've got all sorts of motivations. Faith, honor, hunger, hatred, sadism, pleasure, for fun and for sport. But nobody who's in it for the money. Kroot are the only real mercenaries in the game but they fight for bodies to eat, not money.

Is that not strange to anybody else? I really would like some proper mercenaries in 40k. Hell, a little Rogue Trader mini-dex with a handful of rules would sate me.
>>
>>51744644
Huron blackheart maybe?
>>
>>51744644
Chaos / Ork Pirates. Freebootas, Goldtoof.
>>
>>51744644

Ork freebootas, dark eldar in general, probably a decent amount of guardsmen.
>>
>>51744644
dwarves, goblins
>>
>>51744644
ork freebooters, kroot, farsight's mercenaries (before they got ruined), tarellians, eldar corsairs, human pirates

they don't get much focus because pirates aren't exactly keen on fighting proper armies and will avoid them as best they can
>>
I heard 40k is getting the AoS treatment.

Which factions are going to be merged?
>>
>>51742380
Fuck the regimental.
>>
>>51744751
all of them

They're introducing a new super bad guy called "The evilest dark evil bad man kill death blood" and everyone gets absorbed into an emperor robot to fight him.

Then they're releasing the new edition of 40k, which will be called "Battletech 2"
>>
>>51744751
It's not getting an AoS treatment and the only things that might be merged permanently so far is Imperium, Aeldari and Chaos.
>>
>>51744597
Hive guard maybe?
>>
>>51744751

>Aos Faggots forgets that AOS is 40k Merged with fantasy
>>
>>51743659
Three NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

>>51743921
Kasrkin are just Cadian Stormtroopers.
And most of the regiments you quoted should be played with the IG codex, while some (elysian, krieg) have rules in FW's Imperial Armour books
>>
With Inner Circle formation of DA, can I just take Azreal? That's how I read it at least.
>>
File: Ynnari - 1420pts.jpg (142KB, 900x941px) Image search: [Google]
Ynnari - 1420pts.jpg
142KB, 900x941px
Gotta go fast
What do I do for the last 85 points?
>>
>>51744783
Nonsense, the Tau and Necrons have to merged with something. They can't have their own books.
>>
>>51743921
>harakoni warhawks

Use Temptestus Scions to represent drop troops.
>>
>>51742579
Marines Errant
>>
>>51744832
>>>>>>so far
Reading is hard.
>>
>>51744832
Tau to allying with Eldar is the least offensive scenario.
>>
>>51744844
>So far

Then don't open your mouth when people talk about the future.
>>
>>51744855
>literally every single thing that can be said about fluff right now is speculation
>"Don't list the most probably things to speculate on"
>>
>>51744853
Them allying with the Necrons makes the most sense considering that they are both expansionists and technological races that have zero connection to the warp.
>>
>>51744880
Yeah, but one is dedicated to destroying life and the other to uniting all intelligent life.
>>
>>51744872
>anon : It might rain soon. Look at them clouds
>jackass : It hasn't rained so far

No shit, jackass
>>
>>51742543
Ugh. As a treadhead Guardsman I cannot wait until the next update to nerf the Pask-Punisher. Hopefully someone will be competent enough to also buff the vanquisher, but really I'm just so sick of the Str. 5 minigun being the statistically strongest AT gun in the guard.

Plus, it's so damn ubiquitous! Like seeing an imperial knight in every 1850 points army.
>>
>>51744897
The Newcrons are not dedicated to destroying life. They want to enslave and rule it. You know, like Tau except without the pretences.
>>
>>51744656
>>51744689
>>51744698
>>51744740
not that poster but while these examples are alright, I do agree it would be interesting to have a 40k faction of space jews, similar to the traders in space rangers. a xenos culture that extols the virtues of mercantile prowess, equating it with martial honor. on the tabletop this could be represented as various mercenaries and bodyguards set up to protect company assets, along with some special units that have a time honored military tradition of protecting space trade, think aspect warriors but the aspect is ensuring that all deals are carried out fairly. they could have plenty of cool stuff cooked up by R&D departments to try to make money, like dreadnought-equivalents made for profit. What was be a good tactical gimmick for such an army though?
>>
File: 1482376479529.png (2MB, 1495x834px) Image search: [Google]
1482376479529.png
2MB, 1495x834px
>>51743503
>>
>>51744919
>enslave and rule

Still contradicts Tau beliefs.
>>
Should I bring Chimeras for defense?
>>
>>51744830
Give that Warlock a Singing Spear, maybe one Shuriken Cannon on a Fire Prism
>>
>>51743450
what store?
>>
>>51744936
>serve the Greater Good or die
>serve the Dynasties or die

Does it? Does it really?
>>
>>51744971
Yes. Dynasties =/= Greater Good.
>>
>>51744899
Look, that guy asked if AoSing is happening, which we have no serious indication for yet, and which factions are going to be merged, which we also don't know for certain yet but know for a fact that Eldar and Imperial Forces are getting respective unified support for themselves.

Nobody has any god damn clue what the fuck they're doing with the other xenos races yet. For all we know they might just toss everything including them and Eldar into a single xenos faction. Claiming "They can't have their own books" is even more speculative than anything I said so far and speculation isn't exactly what is relevant when somebody asks for what is going to happen.
>>
>>51744971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhnsC2V4_0w
>>
>>51743513
>You probably just go Raptor Talon and spam the fuck out of Lords, raptors, 'talons and maybe Chosen and Heldrakes and shit. at least that is what i've seen

Memesters

Warband > Talon in most cases because you get ObSec stealth Havoks and Bikers (I still prefer raptors). Hell, even ObSec Stealth Chosen isn't bad. Helldrakes are still baller, though.

I think Raptors Talon and Termie Assault is an interesting fluff option, though because of the Atramentar.

>All i know is i've never seen NL spawn, oblits, daemon engines, etc. and none of them seem fitting.

Night Lords used to heavily use Furies back in the day. What's to say that they don't use spawn? The spawn doesn't even have to be a spawn. It could be some spooky monster they keep chained up.
>>
>>51744814
No, it is a command detachment, which means that you must take one demi-company, one auxiliary formation, and then you may take a single command formation.
>>
>>51744971

Necrons are still monodominant as fuck. They wouldn't ally with anyone, because they believe that they are the pinnacle. They wouldn't ever admit anyone is worthy of sharing their power with.
>>
>>51744920
Cheap but with good and expensive upgrades.
>>
>>51744982
Yes, Dynasties = Ethereals
>>
>>51745025
Didn't they ally with spehss mahreens?
>>
>>51745003
>furies

man do those things even exist anymore, I've literally never seen them fielded and they have ancient models

>leadership 2
>>
>>51745025
They allied with Space Marines four times. The Silent King himself came before Dante, drew him close and leaned over to whisper You are the Shield, they are the Srorm. It was done to show Dante that Necrons can be allied with.
>>
Grand Alliance of Mankind: Space Marines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Astra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus, Adepta Sororitas, Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii, Inquisition, Imperial Knights, Officio Assassinorum

Grand Alliance of Chaos: Chaos Space Marines, Thousand Sons, Renegade Knights, Khorne Daemonkin, Chaos Daemons

Grand Alliance of Destruction: Tyranids, Genestealer Cults, Orks

Grand Alliance of Xenos: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, Necrons, Tau Empire
>>
File: Castellans(1).png (194KB, 878x918px) Image search: [Google]
Castellans(1).png
194KB, 878x918px
Does it work? Is it good? Have I fucked up again?

1/3
>>
File: Castellans(2).png (127KB, 875x547px) Image search: [Google]
Castellans(2).png
127KB, 875x547px
>>51745122
2/3
>>
File: Castellans(3).png (149KB, 891x639px) Image search: [Google]
Castellans(3).png
149KB, 891x639px
>>51745139
3/3
>>
>>51745078
>Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii still 2 factions
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51744597
Psychic is an entire phase just like shooting or assault now, you're not doing anyone any favors by skipping it.
>>
>>51745169
I've been playing for over a year now and still think the Psychic phase is a confusing mess and was terribly implemented. There's nothing wrong with leaving it out to give someone a feeling for the game.
>>
>>51744597
The tervigon is a psyker
>>
File: NEcronchan.jpg (41KB, 595x444px) Image search: [Google]
NEcronchan.jpg
41KB, 595x444px
>>51745078
>>
>>51745199
They tried to make it like fantasy's magic phase but unlike the magic phase not all armies are able to interact with the psychic phase.

Meanwhile even the dwarves in fantasy has runesmiths/lords to interact with magic.
>>
File: Howdy.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Howdy.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>51744375
>>51744004
Dallasite here, DFW/North Texas has a pretty great scene. It helps to be in the ~3rd largest metropolitan area in the US.
>>
>>51745496
It might have worked if they had called it something else and also thrown in other things for the non-psyker armies, like having SoB acts of faith done there, or Tau ethereal buffs. Maybe Black templar vows and Necron C'tan weirdness? Just anything to make sure every army has a way to interact if they want.
>>
File: reanimation protolol.gif (323KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
reanimation protolol.gif
323KB, 500x545px
>>51745243
Just imagine the cheese necrbra
>>
>>51745594

Necrons should have some anti-magic weirdness. If they made Pariahs canon again, it'd work perfectly.
>>
File: 1428357038808.jpg (23KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1428357038808.jpg
23KB, 704x400px
>>51745594
>Black Templar vows
RIP
>>
>>51745594
>ethereal buffs
rude
kroot auxiliary codex with kroot psykers when?
>>
>>51744926

>Sailor Jupiterfax: why we are crusading with that double crimson xe...
>2 Black Templars on screen: SHUT UP, HE'S BADASS!
>>
File: 1429307259829.png (39KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
1429307259829.png
39KB, 626x551px
>Orks are a melee race!
>Aeldari
>>
File: MCDaxRA.png (268KB, 332x313px) Image search: [Google]
MCDaxRA.png
268KB, 332x313px
>>51744783
>Imperium, Aeldari and Chaos
>Aeldari and Chaos
>Aeldari
>>
>>51745703
>Orks are an Aeldari race
>bs3
>>
>>51745641
Yeah maybe a fortification called an obelisk that increases the cost of powers by 1 and gives a bubble of +1to deny thats stackable to a 4+ or atleast let more things buy gloom prisms. Nice and fluffy.
>>
>>51745725

>Trying to bait this had
>>
>>51745755
It worked well enough i keep taking it.
>>
>>51745755
>implying that gay ass name isn't genuinely hilarious
>>
I'm so looking forward to Ork Triumvirate, new Ghazghkull model is going to be fucking epic.
>>
File: le laughing cheetah.jpg (218KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
le laughing cheetah.jpg
218KB, 1500x1000px
>>51745755
>had
>>
>>51743914
>>51744004
>>51745524

Austin rules. Got a second GW opening up in March but we also have Dragon's Lair open .
>>
File: I2 Orks.jpg (450KB, 800x1179px) Image search: [Google]
I2 Orks.jpg
450KB, 800x1179px
>>51745703
>TFW WHEN ELDAR GET MORE BUFFS WHILE ORKS GET NERFED
>>
>>51745776
>xenos triumvirate
Ghazzy
New tau FMC hq character
trazyn
>>
File: IMG_1970.jpg (117KB, 506x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1970.jpg
117KB, 506x720px
>>51745668
Let's be honest we just used the one that give us prefer enemy and on weird occasions de 6++ one
>>
>>51745822
And Ghaz is the only one out of those without an invlun save and I1
>>
>>51745810
damn that image is golden
>>
Ask someone who met Saint Duncan in the flesh today anything.
>>
I'm thinking about getting back into 40k and building a 500pt White Scars army. Should I wait until after the gathering storm event?
>>
File: 1485382374913.png (461KB, 1080x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1485382374913.png
461KB, 1080x1061px
>>51745703
>Aeldari
>Orruks
>Keyoss
>Hyuumans
>>
>>51745840
Trazyn doesn't have an inuvln save. Although he is at least I2.
>>
>>51745810

The last good Ork codex was 3ed imo.
Despite the power creep over the last 20 years, 3ed Orks are stronger than current 7ed ones.
>>
>>51745775
anon, that is just a long line of shit names starting at obiwan sherlock clousseau.
>>51745778
>>
>>51745810
I don't think it's so much about Ork units being bad. It's just that >Aeldari are objectively broken.
>>
>>51745869
Duncan love was fun when he wasn't aware of it.
>>
>>51745891
>T'au
>Phar'Cite
>>
>>51745906
Because of their fluff.

Hyper advanced psychic race with loads of different war paths and unimaginable powers and prophecies...you'd have to be the shittest writer in the world to not make any of that OP on the tabletop.
>>
>>51745891
>roll 3+ on your cubiclus
>the range of a lasgun is now 173 imperial lottimers
>you can only take trescian marines in a squad. what do you mean what is "trescian" it's the number that comes after ivriti
>>
>>51745906
>I don't think it's so much about Ork units being bad.
Then what about the introductions of nauts? And not to mention that retarded plane bomber thing no one mentioned outside it's release.
>>
File: 4096404378_812720117f_b.jpg (403KB, 1024x642px) Image search: [Google]
4096404378_812720117f_b.jpg
403KB, 1024x642px
>>51745899
Actually it's not a bad name. It just fits them too well, being the designated homosexual faction.

>Aeldari
lmao
>>
File: mad11.jpg (204KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mad11.jpg
204KB, 900x900px
>>51745899

>Sherlock
>a shit name

Say that to my fucking face you shit eating dicknigger, and I will Fucking Fight you in the FUCKING STREET
>>
File: IMG_4242.jpg (39KB, 750x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4242.jpg
39KB, 750x476px
>>51745822
>Tau get more MCs
>>
>>51745948
What's wrong with them? They're one of the better models in the Ork army.
>>
>>51745972
hey, I can kms, but gw will still give tau more MCs, direct your anger towards phil/matt/robin or whoever writes the tau plot armour.
Also, it's not an MC, it's an FMC and it's a names hq who'll have a nova reactor that grants a 4++ with refactoring to a 2++.
>>
>>51745972
related:

With MC/GC having AP 2 base, how hard would it be to run a melee-based Tau army? Maybe more CQC shooting and then punching things to finish.

Stormsurges and Riptides smacking people around. Farsight being honorabru samurai. Onager Gauntlet and Fusion Blade Commanders slapping people. Torchstar leading a ton of dual-flamer suits for anti-tarpit/counter-charging.
>>
>>51745053

Yea, but they were moved into the Daemons Codex.
>>
File: obi wan sherlock.jpg (84KB, 376x600px) Image search: [Google]
obi wan sherlock.jpg
84KB, 376x600px
>>51745969
you like the name of lord inquisitor obiwan sherlock clousseau, pictured on the right?
i mean, fine by me but you can't say the name
"obiwan sherlock clousseau" is not a stupid name.
and anti gestalt
>>
>>51746000
Make the bloody things with 4 HP, AV 13/12/10 and 250 poin then we can maybe say Riptides are fair.

Stop adding bloody MC to anything but nids
>>
>>51745891
>Hyuumans
hey there Ilwrath, how's it hanging
>>
>>51745963
You aren't wrong, but you are a shit-shitposter.
go back and work on your bants
have /v/irgins really fallen so low?
>>
>>51746018

No, I'm saying Sherlock, on it's own, is a great name.
And that piling it in with that shit name triggered me.
>>
File: 7566997932_1501d268f6_b.jpg (176KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
7566997932_1501d268f6_b.jpg
176KB, 1024x683px
>>51746048
>this thinly-veiled madposting
>>
Why were/are the Thousand Sons such egypteaboos?
>>
>Fantasyfags sperging like commies, rejecting that AoS is 40k with less rules

is /v/ even trying
>>
>>51746104
What are you even on about
>>
File: 1343524919329.jpg (147KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1343524919329.jpg
147KB, 500x500px
>>51745810
>When ten Striking Scorpions use Soulburst to wipe out two units of 20 Boyz in close combat in one turn

Step it UP, lesser races.
>>
>>51746115

nope, im laughing of the /v/irgin shitposter who will be Blammed by the janitor in a few minutes, and some of the spergs here forgetting that AoS is 40k with fantasy setting sine Day1
>>
>>51746080
believe you've made my point for me,
>HEH YOU'RE MAD
It's really just a rephrasing of a really fucking old meme
If you have to say someone is mad they haven't made enough of an ass out of themselves, the whole point i would assume of this whole thing is to drive people into a rage.
I could do better by same fagging an armour thread, through in some female marines and heresy armours.
etc man.
>>51746104
>>51746115
I too would like to know of what anon is on about
>>
>>51746005
>Hey guys lets make an army that's great at shooting but crap in close combat
>But give them all durable as fuck battlesuits that most infantry can't damage
>And make them naturally have AP2

I'm thinking about building a 50 man Guardsman blob of fuck with power axe sgts, a priest, Librarian, GK Captain, and Lord Commissar.

Don't care about Invisibilty, I want Prescience, War Hymns, and Hammerhand.

Drow them in enough S5 AP2 hits at I1 to mulch things. Force weapon for challenges. Fuck everything.
>>
>>51746152
again i must reiterate.
Of what are you on about.
not to be rude but you haven't made it clear
>>
literally only Chaos Daemons and Nids deserve to have MCs
>>
File: 20170215_185652.jpg (328KB, 819x1456px) Image search: [Google]
20170215_185652.jpg
328KB, 819x1456px
Can i get a shout out for Assholetep the Assless?
>>
>>51746183
>hordes of melee guardsmen vs gundams

i'd play it
>>
>>51746203
They have evolved beyond asses
>>
>>51745122
>>51745139
>>51745153

tfw baiting for advice, but no one likes IG
>>
>>51746199
you are wrong and should have your inferior biomass re-purpose for something purpose
>>
>>51746203
He has less than zero booty. That's, like, negative booty.
>>
>>51746220
anon, a significan number of /tg/ is guardsmen
>>51746228
concave booty
the anti ass
>>
>>51746197

He already explained anon, stop being autistic
>>
>>51746238

CONCAVITUS THE OVERLORD OF NIGHPOSTEROS
>>
>>51746238
>Plays
>Likes

There's a difference. A bunch of people play AoS but sure as shit no one likes it.
>>
>>51746252
My LGS loves Age of Sigmar, theres more AoS then 40k players now. Its like 5e of warhammer, less rules more fun.
>>
File: d4689.jpg (57KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
d4689.jpg
57KB, 500x425px
>>51746252
What? Why play if you're not having fun?
>>
So if Roboute Guilliman the only primarch we're getting in 40k?

Given the fact they gave him daddy's sword it seems likely.

His model looks fucking retarded though, compared to the FW one it's god awful.
>>
Hoping to get a little C&C on the following list. I've got a fairly big tournament coming up Mid March and need to drill out my final list (and paint queue).

Eldar CAD
>Farseer - Skyrunner
>Autarch - Skyrunner, Fusion Gun
>3x Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers
>3x Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers
>5x Wraithguard - D-Scythes
>Crimson Hunter - Exarch
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield

Dark Eldar CAD
>Archon - Webway Portal, Shadowfield, Blaster
>5x Warriors - Blaster, Venom w/Dual Splinter Cannons
>5x Scourges - Haywire Blasters
>6x Reavers - 2x Blaster, 2x Cluster Caltrops

Still have about 40 points left to spend.

Archon and Autarch join the Wraithguard.

Also - considering swapping the Autarch to Laser Lance, Banshee Mask and having him join the reavers.
>>
File: i have no idea what you mean.jpg (113KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
i have no idea what you mean.jpg
113KB, 400x382px
>>51746240
the last part.

>>51746240
>and some of the spergs here forgetting that AoS is 40k with fantasy setting sine Day1
no idea what that is about but i arrived late to the shitpostathon

>>51746252
fair enough, i haven't had the time to pull out my steel legion and i sure as shit ain't going to buy the FoC shit

>>51746262
i like you
>>
>>51746284
the emprah had multiple burning swords
>>
>>51746203

Speaking of New stuff, since necrons got new base sizes, and im guessing Space marines did too. I decided to glue my old bases inside the new bases, which leaves a nice 1-2 millimeter gap for liquid effects, Necron energy motes here i come!
>>
>>51744314

I think you should ask your friend to play some smaller point games before you just throw down everything.

That said, here's my thoughts.

Your Chapter Master is illegal, he can only have one Relic. Shield Eternal and a Relic Blade is probably the better combo if he's got Lysander for AP2 stuff.

What do your Tacs have as far as Special Weapons?

Your Fire Raptor will probably do most of your heavy lifting.

Your HB Devs will likely be lack luster, but workable.

Your DKoK will work as well as always, Battle Cannons will be helpful.

I think you should trim out the Tacs without a Transport and make room in the pod for Lysander and the CM.
>>
>>51745996
The problem is their rules make them near unusable, even in casual play they're just dead weights.

At least boyz could once upon a time be called a decent choice, nauts and the abortion of an aircraft were born shit. Even when they were the fresh new thing they were not worth taking.
>>
>>51742267
>>51743266

Why no wings on the Tyrant? Idk what you think his shreddershard beetles are gonna do. and a Stranglethorn AND CCW shit on him? What are you trying to even do with him?

Tyrant Guard are fine, pretty much a must take if you aren't giving your tyrant wings.

You kitted out your Warriors for melee? They're dead. they're gonna get shot to death before they reach the enemy, they are, say it with me now D E A D.

Hormagaunts aren't worth their points. You can't cap objctives while locked in combat, so Hormagaunts have a conflict of interest. Termagants are a much stronger choice.

None of termagants are upgraded with Devourers. It's not a necessary thing to do, but you might wanna give 4-5 devourers to each 10-bug unit.

Why are your units so fucking big? The bigger and fewer the units, the quicker they're gonna die. Instead of bringing 1 unit of 20 guys, bring 2 units of 10, for example.

Hive guard are a solid choice and you've brought them in the best config. Proud of you.

Venomthropes are a good choice, since the nids lack armor across the board. Consider Malanthropes instead if you want something a little better for the cost.

I'd cut the Zoeys down to 2 regulars and 1 Neurothrope. You're gonna want more synapse than you have right now, but Zoeys aren't the most reliable place to get it.

>Gargoyles
Just why? Don't do it. They suck.

>Carnifex
Really not as good as he used to be. For the points, a Tyrannofex (though he's not great) is a better distraction unit than a carni.

I'm assuming you were planning on putting the carnifex in the tyrannocyte. A better way to ruin your opponent's day is to give your Tyrant Hive Commander and outflank a unit of 20 Devilgants.

The biggest changes I'd make would be to take 2 flyrants. Replace your hormagaunts with termagants, and bring a tervigon (either as a troop, or as a 3rd HQ with the Hive Fleet Detachment)

T. 15 year Nid veteran.
>>
>>51746284
The
>Ultramarines are special snowflake Mary Sues
meme was starting to die down so GW had to give them back their primarch.
>>
>>51746329
I thought they'd just give him 40k rules and promote the FW model though, the GW model looks like Robot Girlyman had a retarded twin brother that they kept a secret.
>>
>>51746329
>the meme was starting to die down
It died down fucking years ago, probably not long after the GK Wardex was released and everyone started bitching about that instead.

Because of utter trash like 1d4 and TTS the fucking retarded secondary fans and uneducated Reddit memers latched onto it and beat the joke beyond recognition.
>>
>>51746329
I love how people ignore that Magnus came back

>>51746367
this, I love 1d4 and TTS but the autists need to fucking stop
>>
When are SoB getting plastic miniatures?
>>
>>51746406
never
>>
>>51746382
>I love how people ignore that Magnus can back
The Daemon Primarchs never really left though. They've always been alive in the warp with varying levels of activity.
>>
>>51746406
Soontm. Or never. We don't know.

There's Grishnak, who's less expensive than metal and actually really good quality from what reviews have been posted.
>>
>>51746406
It's not a question of when Anon...
>>
>>51746284
But the Burning Blade is already a SM relic in C:SM?
>>
>>51746416
and Guilliman was the only loyalist primarch not dead or missing, it makes sense to bring him back
hopefully they bring back a traitor next, then loyalist, etc.
>>
File: 88dc193c98ea3eb3f8875cdd5dbb8663.jpg (625KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
88dc193c98ea3eb3f8875cdd5dbb8663.jpg
625KB, 1680x1050px
>>51746415
>>51746423
>>51746426

>tfw when you will probably never Chaos Sisters of Battle...

At least I can Chaos Chaos Space Marines...
>>
File: Rough.png (67KB, 871x344px) Image search: [Google]
Rough.png
67KB, 871x344px
r8, no h8 pls
>>
>>51746477
shit/5 didn't even try to make it legal
>>
>>51746352
a-at l-least this one doesn't have a massive head.
>>
>>51746458
Just email grishnak.
>>
>>51742582
Cavalcade is cheaper, so you can put more bodies into Subterranean Uprising.
>>
>>51746477
>unbound

REEEE

At 500 points such a thing might actually be dangerous.
>>
r8

1850 Renegades & Heretics: Vraks Renegade Unending Host

HQ
Renegade Command Squad
Arch Demagogue, master of the horde, covenant of nurgle, 4x Disciples

Troops
Renegade Infantry Platoon
20x PCS, Demagogue, x3 melta guns, chaos sigil, militia training, meltabombs
20x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, militia training

Renegade Infantry Platoon
20x PCS, Demagogue, x3 melta guns, chaos sigil, militia training, meltabombs

20x Plague Zombies
20x Plague Zombies

Fast Attack
x5 Renegade Sentinels
autocannons, camo netting, militia training

Heavy Support
x2 Renegade Wyverns
heavy bolters

Lords of War
Renegade Baneblade

The baneblade gives the renegades fearless while getting a modifiable 3+ cover save (2+ with camo netting) while getting shot through an infantry squad. Whenever an infantry squad dies, on a roll of 2+ it returns to the game outflanking with an extra D6 for movement purposes. Getting plasma and melta across the board this way sounds really, really hilarious.
>>
File: ShyAnimeGirl (143).jpg (9KB, 364x272px) Image search: [Google]
ShyAnimeGirl (143).jpg
9KB, 364x272px
>>51746492
b.b...b..but I said no h8 pls.
>>
What do you guys think of the Adeptus Mechanicus Formation that allows all upgardes and wargear to be free?
>>
>>51746522
Does it apply to the whole army or just the Formation?
>>
>>51742380

What the fuck? This isn't funny or entertaining at all.

Is there a way I can write for them or at least submit something? This is in no way how anyone would write. Did they even read the Primer? It seems like they're trying to emulate the humour but not even getting close.
>>
>>51746538
It's just the formation.

>>51746522
Powerful. Not powerful enough to really contend with the top cheese shit but it's up there.
>>
>>51746549
Whats the current top cheeses?
>>
>>51746522
It's what keeps AdMech in the game. I hate it because I believe free shit is fucking awful game design.

>>51746538
Just the formation, but the formation is made up of several smaller formations, so effectively your entire army.
>>
>>51746522

Its super fucking good?

>>51746549

It won the overall ITC so its petty fucking good.

>>51746538

It applies to the Skitarri, AdMech, and Knight portions of it.
>>
>>51745963
>best codex in the game
>Can bring dozens of Dweapons to a 2k match
>Undisputedly the superior species
>Aeldari

Yeah, it's a gay name.
Now survive Dscythe overwatch, you cheeta cuck.
>>
File: 1484342956304.png (33KB, 1600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1484342956304.png
33KB, 1600x484px
SISTER FISTER ANON.

WHAT'S THE PROGRESS?
>>
>>51746564
stop giving him (you)s he doesn't even belong here.
>>
>>51746578
What is this meme?
>>
>>51746477
Needs Mogul Kamir
>>
Played a new player last thursday, she wasnt too keen on the rules and started nids. Tried to have her flying hive tyrant charge my flying croissant c:
>>
>>51746599
>the new player who only just started doesn't know the rules
>>
>>51746613
I was sharing a humorous moment, anon.
>>
>>51746583
But I like his happy cheeta pictures.
>>
>>51746564
>this isn't just regular everyday triggered
>this is Advanced Elf Fag Triggered

Keks @ cucks
>>
File: 62-22.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
62-22.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
>>51746624
Why do those cheetahs look like Tom Hanks?
>>
>>51746562
>It won the overall ITC so its petty fucking good.

Got 4th. Maybe I should revise, it IS up there, but toughish to use.

>>51746558
Tzeentch Daemons, SM Battle Companies.
>>
>>51746599
>she
You don't have to make shit up, anon
>>
>>51746641

No, not the LVO - the overall ITC. Matt Root won with WarCon.
>>
>I'll post it every day until eventually someone takes the bait
You're probably just a buttblasted Aeldari player yourself, cheetahfag.
>>
>>51746591
Anon won a Baneblade.

Anon let /40kg/ roll for its name and color scheme.

The name that won the roll was Sister Fister (with a 99).

The scheme that won the roll after dozens rolled for it was the classic black/gold/red Sisters of Battle color scheme.

He posted progress of almost having it assembled like a day later and has been silent ever since.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>51746564
>triggered fagdari player mad because no one will play his homosexual army
>Aeldari
BTFO
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
File: this guy.gif (2MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
this guy.gif
2MB, 380x214px
>>51746648
>grls don play 40k lol

I was just glad she didn't stink. pretty average lady.
>>
>>51746497
Money-wise, yes. Points-wise not actually - it turns out to be 15 points cheaper with no upgrades on either Formation, except Cavalcade is the one that really wants upgrades and Brood Cycle doesn't care.
>>
>>51746688
Imaginary girlfriends never stink.
>>
>>51746648
>buys the meme that no girls play 40k, boyz club only!!!1!
>probably thinks there aren't girls in the general threads here too, like 4chan is some sekret internet club people born with a vagina can't find
>>
>>51746706
Well, you're not wrong. (Unless you don't wash your hands...)

But are you really trying to troll me because i said she
>>
>>51746641

A) WarCon won the entire ITC.
B) Its only hard to use if you don't understand how to zone.
C) You're missing a few from your list. R&H, Eldar, BattleCo, Demons
>>
So how do challenges work in Kill Team?
>>
>>51746722
Nigger, my gf plays. I'm making a fucking joke you dumb bitch
>>
>>51746722
There's this sweet spanish ladhy in my lgs that plays AoS lizardmen, or whatever the new armies are called. She paints her miniatures in store and watches others play, her minis are gorgeous pink and purples.
>>
>>51746745
Same way they do in a multiple combat in normal 40k.
>>
>>51746651
>Matt Root won with WarCon.
He also performs like a hundred times better than every other player who uses WarCon. He's considered possibly the best player in the world if that's actually a distinction someone can have in a system as shitty and random as 40k.
>>
>>51746688
>>51746706
today some faggot brought his wife to the table.
fucking weird man
fucking weird
>>51746722
a general rule is not denied by the exception.
it's teenager logic to do so frankly.
whatever the case maybe, there are markably less women playing table top games then men
and it reminds me of the HHGTTG
something along the lines of the number is so small it's likely a delusion of your diseased mind
>>
>>51746771

And? It doesn't change that is is clearly a top tier army.
>>
>>51746758
You seem mad.
>>
>>51746652
>i-it's just b8! n-no one will listen!
>said while addressing me
>pathetically omits quoting my post in an attempt to save face
Anally anihilated, or just extremely butt-blasted?

>Aeldari
rofl
>>
>>51746321

I heard the Mek Flyer and Nauts can be pretty good on Out Flank.
>>
>paying attention to stale bait memes
>responding to stale memes

Just let the guy shitpost and ignore him. All of you are just making it worse.
>>
>>51746788
It's top tier but you can't call it THE NUMBER ONE top tier army just because the arguably best WAAC guy piloted it instead of Daemons or Eldar.
>>
>>51746831

Didn't call it number 1. I literally posted all this in response to >>51746549. I am stating that it is in the top echelon of armies currently.
>>
>Riptides are now LoW
>LoWs not allowed in sub-2k games
>Gladius needs max model capacity on its units to allow free transports for them

How does the meta change?
>>
File: 20170215_194852.jpg (486KB, 819x1456px) Image search: [Google]
20170215_194852.jpg
486KB, 819x1456px
>>51746798
I love you laughing cheetah guy.

Question though, 50 point monstrous creature, smashes at str12 Should I just field these because they're 50 points of destruction?
>>
Chances we'll see a continuation of the Tsons storyline int he 3rd GS book?
>>
>>51746830
He's posted it every day the past week or so. /tg/ doesn't usually fall for him so he usually resorts to same fagging for (You)s.
>>
>>51746762
Now I'm imagining an abuelita quietly painting away at a huge army w/ her telenovelas on in the background.
>>
>>51746889

Eldar are still top tier?
>>
>>51746889
>Eldar are still tippety top
>Riptide Wing still exists and gives no shits about the battlefield role of its unit
>Tournament play dominated by Eldar and Daemons with the occasional WarConvo
Shit idea
>>
File: carl.jpg (7KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
carl.jpg
7KB, 258x196px
>>51746798
i find it interesting you use the cheeta as sort of an avatar.
They are, rather anxious animals anon. high stress, weak of will. Likely something to biological as a result of their generous speed.
whatever it may be they are rather fragile emotionally.
in light of this news, anon is there anything you'd like to talk to us?
>>
File: d3796.jpg (25KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
d3796.jpg
25KB, 400x283px
>>51746922
>>
>>51746890
Do you even need to ask?
>>
>>51746890
>smashes at str12
Come again?
>>
File: Weighted Dips.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Weighted Dips.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>51746922
>i find it interesting you use the cheeta as sort of an avatar.
>They are, rather anxious animals anon. high stress, weak of will. Likely something to biological as a result of their generous speed.
>whatever it may be they are rather fragile emotionally.
>in light of this news, anon is there anything you'd like to talk to us?
>>
>>51746517
Be honest Anon, are you actually gonna paint up 160 models?
>>
>>51746919
>Riptide Wing
>WarConvo
>Lords of War are not fieldable below 2k points
>both formations require you to field a Lord of War
>>
File: jung.jpg (44KB, 365x480px) Image search: [Google]
jung.jpg
44KB, 365x480px
>>51746928
hiding behind a personae of genera mirth doesn't help your case anon.
Humour exists to help people cope with emotionally strenuous things, things they can't comprehend or things that would damage them internally.
you can mask it if you wish but we are here to help you anon
>>
File: 40kpepe.jpg (10KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
40kpepe.jpg
10KB, 235x214px
>>51746922
You seem really fucking mad.
>>
>>51746985
projection never solved anything
>>
remember when 40k generals were about 40k and not metallic dolls and shit posting
>>
>>51746922
Honestly?

They're easier to find than laughing lions.
>>
File: 1454857207340.gif (503KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1454857207340.gif
503KB, 500x333px
>>51746905

>>51746934
IS IT WORTH SCARING MY OPPONENT WHO MAY BE AFRAID OF SPIDERS?

3 units of three spiders 150 total is 450 points for 9 monstrous creatures

>>51746957
Str 6, singular attack smash makes it 12, otherwise just 3 attacks at AP 2 as usual
>>
>>51746992
Fucking kek. I'm not even the cheetah guy I'm just here to laugh at your fedorafag pseudointellectual antics you got baited into so easily.
>>
>>51746682
>He doesn't join the local eldar player group
>Doesn't complement each other's trap companion
>Doesn't swap trapwives with the other players while they play apoc games with wraith lists
>Will never know the feeling of winning the beta male and numales trapwives after curbstompinging the beta's Bieltan and the numales screaming banshees into the ground.

Why do you even live?
>>
>>51747007
never was the case
>>
>>51746979
Append
>the tournament meta would evolve back to 2k like it was previously
which I thought would have been implied
>>
File: IMG_3426.jpg (69KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3426.jpg
69KB, 600x620px
Anons, please help me.

I finally got my Raptors boxes, for my CSM army, and now I'm extremely tempted to build one as a Chaos Lord with Jump Pack and dual LCs. The problem with this is that it wrecks the list I've already written, but it sounds like such a cool idea. But I don't want to change my list, either.
>>
>>51747009
Strength caps at 10.
>>
>>51747009

Str caps at 10.
>>
>>51747009
>Str 6, singular attack smash makes it 12
...No. You cannot increase Strength above 10 ever.

I thought for a second maybe Necrons had some special snowflake rule that lowered the opponents toughness or something and you were referring to that.
>>
>>51747010
>you got baited into so easily.
>you
come now be smart.
>>
what faction has the sexiest miniatures?
>>
>>51747043
Dark Eldar.
>>
>>51747043
you have eldar and SoB to choose from.
it's no contest
>>
>>51747028
Build the list and buy the bits you need off of eBay for a few bucks to have something to build.
>>
>>51747009
Spyders are good, but there's no real reason to spam them as they have a limited selection of targets they're actually good at dealing with.
>>
>>51747035
>>51747036
>>51747038

Sweet Ok, but still thats Str 10 :v

Its still 3 attacks with str 6 ap 2 t6 w3 fearless for fifty points up to three a group. The only problem is Necrons all have initiative 2 c:
>>
File: Vitruvian Servitor.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vitruvian Servitor.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
>>51747043
AdMech
>>
File: de-25.jpg (2MB, 2689x1429px) Image search: [Google]
de-25.jpg
2MB, 2689x1429px
>>51747052
a-anon, am i s-sexy?
>>
>>51747015
>Aeldari player is an actual faggot
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>tfw i'm out of cheetahs
>>
>>51747075
Yeah it's a good unit no question. Even better in the Formation with a ton of Wraiths where it gives them Reanimation.
>>
>>51747085
>not equipping the entire squad with 12' dildos for 2 points each
>>
>>51747043
Dark Eldar, Eldar.
>>
File: 1486945313075.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486945313075.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>51747085
Yup

>>51747078
>he's non-ironically attracted to toasters
>>
Ok guys.

Filthy Frank Space Marine chapter?

Or jut Pink Guy Chapter?

obviously from the rice fields. and we need a Mr. Negi Generation 3000 HQ for that sick Str 6 AP 4 roast
>>
>>51747149
kys
>>
>>51747149
How about neither and keeping your shit taste to yourself?
>>
>>51742196
>It's like 8:30 pm in Bongistan, the country of this game's origin

And there's a shitload more Americans than there are Brits. Like, well over three times as much.

Not really surprising that there's going to be a lot of Americans playing the game.
>>
>>51747149
it's easy to make a Filthy Frank Chapter, don't thin your paints and use pink for everything.
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 1850pts.jpg (215KB, 900x1478px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 1850pts.jpg
215KB, 900x1478px
I really hope GW addresses whether or not I can use Trueborn in my Ynnari list so I can know if I can run my Edgedar like this and not have it be an auto-loss while still being legal.

Quick rundown of dilemma:
>FAQ states that in the Kabalite Raiding Party Kabalite Warriors means regular ones and Trueborn. Since Trueborn do not have a proper datasheet and are "upgrades" to Kabalites.
>Ynnari Detachment allows taking Kabalite Warriors(This also goes for Wyches) as a Troop choice
>Does not list Trueborn or Bloodbrides in Ynnari Elite slot
>But they are "upgraded" Kabalites/Wyches that switch FOC slot. Which means you have taken them as a Kabalite Warrior Troop slot, and have chosen to upgrade them, changing their FOC slot but are still considered Kabalite Warriors
>Kabalite Raiding Party is an available formation, allowing Trueborn through that avenue even if they were considered "not allowed" by the FOC slots

Considering all that would you allow Trueborn/Bloodbrides?

I don't play much at all outside my friend group, so I'll bring it up with them. But this is in the event I end up playing someone I'm not familiar with.

Pic related is my propsed list. Webway portal on the Succubus fills the slot of The Lost Shroud relic.
>>
>>51747163
>>51747168

Zero charisma
>>
>>51747171
>implying there aren't Brits reading this thread RIGHT NOW
oi m8, watch yourself
>>
>>51747171
Shhh all the Britbongs are asleep by now. Its a few bongs past Midde Nighte in Queene's Bongistan
>>
On a scale of more useful in the trash to actually not that bad, how terrible are ratlings in a 1k point game?
>>
How do we make electropriests better?
>>
>>51743301
>i.e. the extra CCW should go aswell.
>in the end its only a T5 3+ model. It will die rather easy anyway.

Honestly, I'm of the opposite approach. Since you're going to spend a lot of points just to put people on the table, you may as well kit them out well to give them a little bit more of an edge.

Also, Blight Grenades are pretty damn useful. Still feel they should have one profile of S1 AP- Poison (3+), Blind, Blast that's used for both the Assault and Defensive grenade, but that's just wishlisting on my behalf
>>
>>51747201
Not true.

My Wizard has 7 Charisma.
>>
>>51747043
Tyranids
>>
>>51747245
Corpuscarii Priests just need to be dropped to 15 points or so. If they can get within 12" of the enemy without being ripped to bits, the sheer number of St4 hits they can drop on a target is staggering.
>>
>>51747259
Second
>>
>>51747200

I absolutely (and I play Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Harlequins as well as Ynnari) would NOT play trueborn as warriors in the Reborn Warhost. It is incredibly specific about which units go where.

The FAQ works for Real Space Raiders because it says troops - the Reborn warhost specifically lays out 'warriors'.
>>
>>51743691
>its all wulfen and TWC

It's 30K, man. No Thunderwolf Cavalry or Wulfen.
>>
>>51747193
But you want to be unironic and paint them nice.

Like a serious pink guy army :v
>>
>>51747245
Assault transport that can get them into combat ASAP.

At least 7 points cheaper per model, maybe even 8 points.

Make them I 4.

If you feel generous, make electrostaves +3 Str.
>>
>>51747043
Crons before the update
>>
>>51747286
You mean they didn't ALWAYS fuck dogs?!
>>
>>51747301
May as well go with a Malal theme but use pink instead of black then
>>
Shout out to anyone who ran their Rhinos into stormsurges while they were anchored to just get rid of them.
>>
>>51745524
>It helps to be in the ~3rd largest metropolitan area in the US.

Yeah, but Houston is the fourth largest CITY in the country, and we're alledgedly going to surpass those filthy Chicagoans by 2025.

>mfw I roll up to the FLGS

Please come visit Houston, it's actually really cool. We're so tired of being forgotten about
>>
Celestine = best girl.
>>
>>51747335
Ft. Worth anon, here.
I'd go down to Houston every now and then for family roadtrips to visit my aunt in Hitchcock/Texas City/That area who's gotten progressively less tolerable and we haven't gone since 2011. I loved going down there.
>muhfuggin Kemah Boardwalk
>FUCKING KELLEY'S BIG ASS BAKED POTATOES
>That gulf coast view, aquariums and shit
But FUCK the traffic and the humidity.
>>
>>51747251
heh
>>
So, Kataphron Destroyers

3 Grav Cannons, 2 Grav, 1 Plasma Canon or some other combination of the two for a generic list?

Or drop the destroyers entirely and take Breachers instead?
>>
>>51747335
>>51747381
Only been to Houston once really, was with a ex grill, and didn't really get to see enough of it.

Personally I prefer Fort Worth to Dallas, since I lived there for four years go Frogs.

But living in Dallas isn't half bad, there's always something to do and there are a few relatively close LGS and a GW store when I want to play.
>>
>>51747450
AdMech anon?
>>
File: PraiseTheOmnisslowah.jpg (47KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
PraiseTheOmnisslowah.jpg
47KB, 800x800px
>>51747458
Yeah, Grey Knights/DEldaranon :^)
>>
File: 1468444637660.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1468444637660.png
56KB, 491x585px
>>51747472
Hilarious.
>>
How does this look for a WE kill team?

200pts:
Chosen Champion: Power Sword, Bolt Pistol
Chosen: Plasmagun, Bolt Pistol, CCW
Chosen: Meltagun, Bolt Pistol, CCW
5x Chosen: Bolter, Bolt Pistol, CCW

I'll be up against DAngles and Yiffs. I expect the Yiffs will kick my head in with Wolfen.
>>
>>51746149
How would the Striking Scorpions get to strike in another combat if they're initiative step was done from the previous combat?
>>
>>51746648

He said nids bro. Girls play nids.
>>
>>51747542

Have you read Soul Burst?
>>
>>51747563
Girls play eldar
>>
>>51747563
Can confirm
>>
Anons, can someone mathhammer me 2 Lightning Claw Attacks versus 3 Power Sword attacks?
>>
File: 1338442006546.gif (925KB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
1338442006546.gif
925KB, 212x176px
TFW you look at new rowboat model and aren't actually sure you want your primarch to come back anymore

Also worried about chapter being put back in the 'barely supported' category. FW corax is actually a decent sculpt
>>
>>51747612
Hasn't this been done in like 10 threads over the past week? Is this a meme?
>>
>>51747617
It's a good model. The main thing I would do is get rid of all those fucking spindly bits on his trim that make him look like a Thousand Son.
>>
>>51747633
Has it? I haven't seen any mathhammer at all this month, I don't think?
>>
>>51746972
Painting is what got me into this hobby, I've been doing it for more than a decade and have recently wanted to play but I guess I chose a bad time. I suppose I can field 160 Ynnari mon'keigh slaves when the new edition drops.
>>
>>51747670
Somebody else asked about 3 lightning claws vs 4 power swords. The answer is just do it yourself it's not that complicated
>>
Is there a way to play Tyranids that isn't just Flyrants and Mucolid Spores?
>>
>>51742341
what do you mean? She has the Sisters of Battle faction in her rules.
>>
>>51747808
Not if you want to win.

Go to GW's facebook page and thank cruddance for that until they really get the hint.
>>
File: IMG_1729.gif (725KB, 229x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1729.gif
725KB, 229x264px
>>51746635
>>
File: Screenshot_20170215-220900.jpg (387KB, 632x695px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170215-220900.jpg
387KB, 632x695px
>>51747576
Have you?

>End of the current initiative step.
You wipe everyone out with your I5 dudes and that's it, they don't get to swing again.
>>
>>51747940
Initiative steps aren't linear across all combats.
>>
>>51747983
Then how else would you interpret that phrase?
>>
>>51747940

That doesn't matter if you charge into a fresh combat.

You charge in and work through Initiative steps in each combat - you don't do all I10 attacks across all combats. You do them in each combat and work through the Initiative steps in each combat independently. If it is a fresh combat you start at 10.
>>
File: 1850.png (180KB, 792x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1850.png
180KB, 792x1080px
How is this looking for an 1850 list? I'm just missing the chronos right now.

Alternatively, I have a unit of scourges I wouldn't mind fielding.
>>
>>51748003

I would interpret it to say exactly what the rules are

-you soul burst at I step 5 into a new combat
-begin I steps in new combat per the rules

The wording is there to note the exact timing of the charge so any left over attacks, anything that would resolve even if the models are dead do not resolve because the soul burst resolves at the appropriate I step.
>>
>>51748003
If the models that are soulbursting are charging into an ongoing combat, then it matters.
>>
>>51748021

Feels really scatter brained? It isn't bad but I feel like it lacks focus and doesn't have a true 'hitter'
>>
>>51748106
a lot of it is just units that I have, though my trueborn squads have done a lot for me. the idea is that I stay back with my ships while my reavers deep strike in and my talos(es, I just got the second) go in and mix shit up.
>>
today's my birthday. What 40k related thing should I do to celebrate/commemorate the occasion?
>>
>>51744155
The manager of the NYC store is a great guy. I love that dark eldar display he has.
>>
>>51748123

I'd really start collecting towards CTC if you intend to play Dark Eldar. I think I'd move away from the Dark Artisans as soon as possible and probably drop the ravager for a second unit of reavers.
>>
>>51748153
Get a(some) friend(s) and play a match where you either swap armies or each side builds the other's list.
>>
>>51748182
>CTC
what's that? corpsethief claw?

I do intend to get that formation soonish, especially now that I have an excuse to buy more models.
>drop the ravager
really? It's one of my main anti-vehicle units.
>>
>>51748214

Yeah Corpse Thief Claw. I find units of 6 reavers with 2 blasters and 2 caltrops does well as a good for anything kind of unit.

Also if you want dedicated AT I'd pick up Haywire blaster scourges.

Do you watch Tabletop Tactics at all on Youtube? He does some fantastic pure DE batreps (also won best DEldar at ITC and has won several events with DEldar).
>>
>>51748191
>friends
Miss me with that gay shit
>>
https://www.amazon.ca/Tabletop-Models-Forge-40K-Castellan/dp/B01GFFYTJQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487216146&sr=8-2&keywords=Lord+Castellan+Creed

Should I buy it?
>>
>>51748230
I'll check it out, thanks.

Also gives me a reason to build and paint the scourges.
>>
>>51748241
>8,611 leafbucks
Either that's some wacky inflation, or he comes with like 500 Baneblades fully painted.
>>
>>51748262
>>51748262
>>51748262

New general
>>
>>51747983
It needs clarifying. Currently, you finish a combat, that initiative step carries over and continues into the new combat.
>>
>>51748275
That's not how it works. The situation it applies in is if you wipe a unit in a multi combat and use that to soulburst another one of your units in at that initiative step.
>>
>>51743313
Hover over "News And Updates" at the top. Yes, it's stupid.
>>
>>51746174
Stop typing. Just don't respond anymore. No one cares.
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.