[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All Chapter Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

So i've been thinking of started a project where i paint one space marine (probably just a tactical unless i can get something more chapter specific) for every known chapter, and in the end making a big labeled and organized display for them.

What do you guys think? any ideas or suggestions? or what chapter i should start with, i want to do them in sets of 10 so i can fit them slowly into my work week.
>>
>>51741696
Well first off if you want to do 10 per week you should obviously start off with the founding chapters, plus two more to round it out. Perhaps the extra 2 should be significant chapters, such as Black Templars or Blood Ravens?

Also how will you display them? personally I think you should make a diorama with all of them in dramatic poses.
>>
>>51741696

How about having the founding chapters as Sergeants and then having the ones below as regular tactical marines?
>>
>>51741763
10 a week is just an estimate since my schedule is entirely inconsistent, and the weather in my area often robs me of my airbrush, However i do already have a Blood Angel and a Dark Angel,
>>
>>51741800
I want to avoid playing Favorites and try to display each chapter as its own, i may group them by primarch however. for what order i paint them in, I mostly got the motivation to due this out of a desire to paint some of the more unique chapters, but no real desire to make squads of them, but not wanting to just waste a tactical on a random marine.
>>
>>51741830
Will you do pre heresy traitor legions?
>>
>>51741984
Maybe, but that might be getting too close to chaos territory
>>
>>51741830
Rules wise, you could even run them as such.

Maybe do cobbled-together kill teams from chapters and their successors.
>>
>>51742029
Maybe, but i'm not all too bothered by running them on table top, i have my blood angels and successors army for that
>>
>>51742049
Not all space marines in the traitor legions were traitors. Many actually turned or were killed by there peers. I haven't read the event's in the Horus Heresy book series yet but there are many good guys in the traitor legions. Horus exterminatussed the loyalists at the beginning of the Heresy. I forget what the event was called.
>>
File: IMG_0145.jpg (160KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0145.jpg
160KB, 800x600px
>>51742138
The Battle of Istvaan III, where the traitors culled their loyalist members. On phone, so image may be affected.
>>
>>51742247

That looks awesome, I wish I could paint something that awesome ine day.
>>
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Loyal_Space_Marine_Chapters_(List)

there is approximately 300 chapters mentionned through the lore, good luck painting them all (tough a lot of them just have a name and nothing more about them)
funnily enugh, when you applied statistics to this, you realise that the ultramarines and their descendant only makes 1/3 of all the chapters whose ancestors is known, unlike the 1/2 which is mentioned in the codex
the fist are the second most prolific legion, then the dark and blood angels fight for third place, and of course salamanders and space wolves share the bottom by a large margin
>>
>>51743536
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pictorial_List_of_Space_Marine_Chapters_A-L
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pictorial_List_of_Space_Marine_Chapters_M-Z
also this might help you
>>
>>51742138
Of course, but this project is mostly meant to cover the successor chapters, which the traitor legions don't officially have
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.