[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tyranids wouldn't have taken 10,000 years to destroy cadia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 54

File: IMG_0834.jpg (39KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0834.jpg
39KB, 300x412px
Seriously, replace any major chaos mortals or ork WAAAGH with tyranids and the imperium would have lost. Tyranids could have probably won at terra too
>>
>>51740125
Nah, they're just a sideshow npc race.
>>
no. there is bugspray.
>>
>>51740125
Nope, they're just Chuck Testa
>>
>>51740125
>the main characters
>losing
lmaoing@ your life
>>
>>51740125
Do tyranid fans post these threads, because they're so insecure over knowing their faction is so unimportant?
>>
>>51740242
But anon 40k IS the story of the mankind's heroic last stand, the Imperium will eventually lose but the question is how many fuckers are they taking down with them?.
>>
>>51740125
so cadia really blew up? did all the chapters and shit on it die or what? whats going on?
>>
File: 823948292403.png (113KB, 870x824px) Image search: [Google]
823948292403.png
113KB, 870x824px
>>51740423
>But anon 40k IS the story of the mankind's heroic last stand

*blocks your path*
>>
>>51740423
Pretty much, yeah. They could possibly take out the Necrons, Tau and Eldar without being wiped out in the process, but taking 'Nids, Orks or even Chaos (surprisingly) would take a galactic equivalent of the guy pulling the grenade's pin before charging in, I.e. Ultimately suicidal.
>>
No Space marine chapter could beat a Tyranid Hive Fleet in real life
>>
>>51740518
Tyranids could not exist in real life.
>>
File: fall of cadia.png (5MB, 3000x3756px) Image search: [Google]
fall of cadia.png
5MB, 3000x3756px
>>51740462
Read it yourself.
>>
File: 1300289541217.jpg (502KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1300289541217.jpg
502KB, 1680x1050px
>>51740423
Fuck off. I have a bayonet and some guts behind it!
>>
>>51740423
>>
File: Laughing at (You).gif (391KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing at (You).gif
391KB, 500x372px
>>51740538
>Read it yourself.
>Posts a recap
>>
>>51740423
It will only be a heroic last stand until Sigmar and the Stormcast Eternals show up to save the day.
>>
>>51740537
Neither could Space Marines.
>>
>>51740518
>no space marine chapter should be able to beat a hive fleet realistically
FTFY. It really depends on the circumstances, but if you mean 1000 space marines and their supporting ships shouldn't be able to beat billions of tyranids and thousands of hive ships, you're absolutely right.
>>51740223
and yet the last campaign they were relevant in, they absolutely annihilated a well defended system reinforced by millions of cadias in 3 days. Even the blood angels allied with the necrons stood no chance at winning a conventional war and had to resort to using some convoluted plan to wipe out enough hive ships so that Baal stands any sort of chance.

There's also forgefane, a supposedly impenetrable fortress garrisoned by a whole grand company of iron warriors and thousands of daemon engines. It fell in a week. Had the tyranids made it to planets like Armageddon or cadia, they would have beat them in far less time than chaos or irks. Even the sol system would be hard pressed to beat back a sizable hive fleet, and the latest gathering storm revealed hat genestealer cults have made it to terra
>>
>>51740499
>putting crons on the same level as Eldar let alone Tau

I know I'll get memed at by some more Ward hate but I mean really? The entire Orpheus subsector with full reinforcements got eviscerated by a single Dynasty.
>>
>>51740125
40k is setting. its kinda supposed to be a static point in time. Id argue that pushing the story forward as intense as FoC is doing is an oxymoron

Having tyrannids (or any other faction) appear and destroy everything and win the war for good kinda destroys the point of it all
>>
>>51740380
Actual Tyranid fans are too busy in 40k general frothing with anger about how god-awful awful their army is in tabletop.
>>
>>51741543
Are you retarded? Tyranids couldn't defeat a Forgeworld that used basic attrition tactics just a second. I'll look it up.

>the necrons

The Necron dynasty in Cryptus wasn't fully awakened. Had it been fully awaken and activated its star killing weapons, the Hive Fleet would have been swatted in space before they arrived to the system.

Heck, a single C'tan shard annihilated the ground forces of the Tyranids with hilarious ease on multiple planets within hours.
>>51740125
Nope, none of the 12 Crusades were about taking Cadia, you jackass.

Only the 13th Black Crusade was about destroying Cadia. In fact, if the Tyranids were present near Cadia went the Pylons were ctivated, all synapse creatures would have died.
>>
>>51741836
Found it

>LUCIUS - The Hollow Forge

>The hollow planet of Lucius has at its core a fusion reactor so large many have likened it to a captive sun. With such boundless energy at their fingertips, the Tech-Priests that dwell under the planet’s crust have become experts at military innovation. Their genius was displayed anew when the planet was invaded by a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Leviathan. Despatching Lucius’ Legio Cybernetica and a great host of battle servitors to the planet’s surface, the Tech-Priests Dominus largely fought their battles from below the planet’s crust. By tracking the motions of their servant clades and controlling their activities via electromagnetic data-tethers, they waged their war without risking direct harm. Such is the wonder of the Cant Mechanicus that their battle plans were enacted to the letter. Wherever the Tyranid swarms overcame their servitor armies, the Tech-Priests waited for the xenos predators to devour the biological components before sending servo-skull swarms to carry the most vital of the remaining machine parts below the crust of the planet. There they were installed into fresh recruits, and the next wave sent back up to the surface. Though it took months to accomplish, the resultant war of attrition ended in victory, for the Lucian armies fought like lions, and their hymns to the Omnissiah’s glory did not cease for a single moment.

Tyranidfags, justify this. This basically ended the debate about Necrons vs Tyranids singlehandedly. They cannot deal with this most basic level of troop recycling.
>>
>>51741836
This man knows what's up. The tyranids, although dangerous, would be fucking curb stomped by the imperial fleet if they attacked Cadia or send a hive fleet near it. All of the major incursion by the hive fleets needed momentum and relied heavily on the shadow in the warp for their sudden strikes.

If they were to attack a heavily defended portion of space with an entire sector fleet at the ready, like Cadia was, they'd be in for a fucking spanking.
>>
>>51741944
>They cannot deal with this most basic level of troop recycling
Oh, dear: this is what people actually believe! That tale you recapped breaks canon. Lemme splain: tyranids eat EVERYTHING, anon. Even the gribbly metal bits.
I'll say that again: tyranids eat EVERYTHING, even the metal bits.
Thus, there would be no (I say again: NO) cyberparts leftover to be recovered and recycled by the mechanicus. The entire tale of Lucius is canonically wrong; it cannot be, because tyranids EAT EVERYTHING, including metal. There would be NO spare parts littering the battlefield awaiting recycling.
This is just another example of one faction wanking itself hard without any reference to established game parameters. Just like geedubs ALWAYS does...
Oh, and I ain't a tyranid fag, I just reed lots.
>>
>>51743802
Not so big on lore, but if 'Nids eat metal, then why don't they eat the space hulks that they are so often stuck on?
>>
>>51743802
>There would be NO spare parts littering the battlefield awaiting recycling.

If the servitors got the parts before ripper swarms got them then yes there would be, consumption does not occur at the same time as the destruction of it.
>>
>>51740125
It didn't take 10,000 years; it took less than 1. The pre-13th Black Crusades were attacking Cadia to get past it to do other things or to keep the Imperium distracted while Abaddon went elsewhere in the galaxy to do other shit, The 13th BC is the first and only time Chaos set out to destroy Cadia.

Also, this isn't some new fluff added when the Black Legion supplement was released; this has been a thing pretty much ever since Black Crusades were a concept in the lore. Just look at the 12th BC, which primarily took place in the Gothic Sector.

The fact of the matter is that the "Failbaddon can't make it past Cadia" meme only exists because fa/tg/uys didn't read all the fluff and just assumed that every BC was dedicated to stomping Cadia.
>>
>>51740125
>Mcragge.
>Iyanden.

Nids are the borg of 40k, scary until you realize they get royally fucked every time.
>>
>>51744303
>b-but it's just a tendril of da hivemind! when they all come you'll be fucked!
>>
>>51741944
I know each story is meant to fellate the faction whose codex it is in, but come on, this is pure trash. It makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>51744385
It does. Tyranids have no interest in metal, so they just eat the flesh of the admech armies and leave the mech-components.

Since the Tyranids are not interested in whatever is inside the core of planets and most likely lack the capability to dig that deep., they would not know that there is an Admech stronghold in the core.
>>
>>51741944
>Splinter Fleet vs. a Forge World so well known it has its own titan designs.
Who will win, I wonder?

Meanwhile a unsplintered hive fleet rofl stomped Gryphone IV.
In short it can go both ways. Depending on the ressources of both sides.
>>
>>51744657
>most likely lack the capability to dig that deep
Proven to be wrong. Their codex states that several of their organisms burrow deep into the planetary crust to survive Exterminatus.

The planet in question was not hollow, thus the crust was damn hot further down, which obviously makes burrowing fucking hard (ask the Russians, they tried once).
Lucius was hollow.
Conclusion: "Lets make one faction awesome and forget inconvenient facts about the other."
>>
>>51744718
That still leaves "unable to find out the planet was hollow."
>>
>>51740125
Siiiigh, I remember when Tyranids were the big bad which was going to end the galaxy. It seems so long ago now. Their villain decay set in really quick.
>>
File: 1479521110252.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479521110252.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>51744036
They use them for transport to planets - more metal in planets, anon.
>>51744068
That's a big IF, especially when you bring trygons and mawlocs into the mix...hollow world indeed...
>>51744257
This is what chaosfags actually believe - never has one group of players toed-the-line so closely and obeyed every dictate from their geedubs masters...pathetic.
>>51744303
>claims nids get royally fucked
>cites MACRAGGE and IYANDEN as support...
>...the most devastating 'victories' in 40k lore....
>mfw
>>
>>51744879
mawlocs and trygons, nigga: do you speak it?
>>
>>51745497
They don't dig to the cores.

>>51745470
>This is what chaosfags actually believe

It's what's in the fluff. If you want headcanon your own setting just leave the thread because is a thread about 40K which is a GW setting. Man are Tyranidfags such actual faggots.

And you know what's in the fluff also? The Hivemind is senile and cannot coherently remember enemies it has fought before.
>>
>>51745836
>It's what's in the fluff
Yeah, that's right, chaosfag! It's right there in the NEW fluff - the RETCONNED fluff - the fluff that got changed from what it was before.
Jesus christ these chaos babies are pathetic...
>muh, it sez right here in da roolz!!
>CHAOS WINZZZ LOLOLOLOLO!!
Look at them and laugh.
>>
>>51745968
>3rd ed
>new
>>
>>51745836
>They don't dig to the cores.
What in the actual fuck? They dig til they can't dig no more. If there's no core to stop them, then I guess they keep on digging, eh?
Did you not think of that, kiddo? Did the author of that Lucius blurb you quoted not think of that either? Huh....
>>
>>51745968
Oh so you are just trolling.

>the RETCONNED fluff - the fluff that got changed from what it was before. the fluff that got changed from what it was before.

Proof?
>>
>>51745999
You can't have it both ways, friendo - either 3rd ed. nerfed chaos hard (which it did) OR it gave you all this ridiculous head canon...which is it?
>>
File: 1484280692147.gif (397KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1484280692147.gif
397KB, 245x138px
>>51746022
Loser attempt, brah.
0/10
Replied only to laff.
>>
>>51746004
The author of the Admech codex is either Phil Kelly or Robin Cruddance since Ward wasn't working for the company at the time and Vetrok's last 40K work was the 6th ED Tau. Both authors have had written tons of Tyranid lore and are experienced at it.

If these creatures can dig that far, then they would have found out the Admech dudes hiding there. Clearly they can't and the author demonstrated this in the story. Also I demand an example of them going to the core of planets. Anything recent.
>>
>>51746028
>nerfed chaos hard (which it did)

Proof?
>>
>>51746093
>trygons

To add to this, Robin Crud is the guy who fluffed the Trygons and pimped it in the WD interviews going so far as writing the Forgefane story to showcase its digging abilities.

If the dude thinks it cannot reach the cores, then it cannot reach cores. He invented this tyranid species. He has the right.
>>
File: this pleases me.jpg (50KB, 555x729px) Image search: [Google]
this pleases me.jpg
50KB, 555x729px
Chaos butthurt detected.
>>
>>51746258
>He invented this tyranid species.
>Robin Cruddace
>invented Trygons

Holy fuck, you fucking newfag, do you know literally nothing?

I knew this thread was going to be a disaster before I clicked it. Carnac can't resist using shitty nu-lore to argue that Tyranids act ways that are literally impossible given existing lore written by people far smarter than him. But claiming Crud actually invented a nid strain that's been around since the original Epic 40,000 is too fucking far.
>>
>>51746093
>Both authors have had written tons of Tyranid lore and are experienced at it.
And only one of them is good at it. The other one is a complete retard and pleb who literally hates Tyranids because he's a fucking manbaby with shit taste.
>>
>>51746511
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Trygon

The sources for Trygon go back as far as 5th ED. Got proof? This thread lacks them.
>>
>>51745836
>They don't dig to the cores.
Yeah, there's a Tyranid creature called a Magma Corer for no reason.

Couldn't be because it literally burrows into the planetary core where the fucking magma is or anything.
>>
>>51746526
>The other one is a complete retard and pleb who literally hates Tyranids because he's a fucking manbaby with shit taste.

Really? I didn't read any Tyranid hate vibes in Kelly's works. He seems to disdain the Tau though. It shows in his novels about them.
>>
File: armourcast trygon.jpg (89KB, 776x506px) Image search: [Google]
armourcast trygon.jpg
89KB, 776x506px
>>51746543
Trygons were created by Andy Chambers in Epic you fuckface. They had old Armourcast models from the days of the slug tanks in the fucking 90's, rules in Chapter Approved, and even had a Forge World model and rules before Cruddace even worked for the company.

You're so fucking new.
>>
File: 1479510280137.jpg (25KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1479510280137.jpg
25KB, 480x336px
>>51746543
Proof monkeys are funny. Stupidly sad, but funny.
>>
>>51746565
I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but in case you're actually that stupid, Kelly wasn't the one I was talking about.
>>
>>51746546
>Magma Corer

Hasn't appeared in any new lore ever. It appeared to be retconned.
>>
>>51745470
Its not a IF its what happened, its not like you can take lore pieces, nod and smirk and go
"Pssh that never happened, that would contradict this lore piece."
>>
>>51746595
That's because it's a noncombat creature which will never be seen on the table. You don't see the Malanthrope in Crud-era lore either. Not to mention appealing to Crud lore is in itself a losing argument because he can't even abide by the established canon written by the people who created Tyranids. His shit is C S Goto tier and only retards, newfags and trolls act like it has any bearing on actual fluff discussions of Tyranids.

As >>51743802 did a pretty decent job explaining.
>>
File: 1481665651270.jpg (86KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1481665651270.jpg
86KB, 500x307px
>>51746595
And here you are back again where you began!
>muh, tha nu-roolz sez so, so there!
>no bully! i just follow da nu-roolz!
Carefully ignoring logic and very carefully ignoring geedubs' stand on canon: if it hasn't been specifically changed, it is canon.
What else ya got, you poor wretch?
>>
>>51746574
My mistake. I didn't pay much attention to the Tyranids until recent years. Really boring faction. You could say that Crud reivented them for the New Tyranids.

But do you have any old lore of them digging to cores though?

>>51746588
I couldn't help myself. It was too funny not too.

Anyways, the WD interviews says that Crud has more exp with Tyranids than any other guy in the company.
>>
>>51745470
>Defeated by Iyanden with massive losses
>Iyanden end up bouncing back within a few hundred years
>Form colonies
>literally doing better than ever because Wraith reliance lets them preserve so many more citizens
>Reforming eldar empire, Bieltan guarding them for a bit before they part ways, have more eldar than fit on their craftworld

Was your plan to get BTFO back to andromeda? Or just to show how much better than everyone Iyanden are?
>>
>>51746607
>"Pssh that never happened, that would contradict this lore piece."
But, faget: that's what YOU've done! Your shitty post claimed the admech were completely invulnerable underground; this 'fact' is so utterly false it completely undermines any credibility you think you have.
Piss up another rope, now.
>>
>>51746634
>That's because it's a noncombat creature which will never be seen on the table

Non-combat things are mentioned in the lore all the time. For example, Shield of Baal mentions that the C'tan shard went after Tyranid feeder towers and pulled them off.

>Not to mention appealing to Crud lore is in itself a losing argument because he can't even abide by the established canon written by the people who created Tyranids.

Sorry but we are arguing using the current and relevant. You know, the lore that's going enter into whatever GW is planning for the Tyranids in the undergoing narrative. Either stick with what's new or just don't bother replying.
>>
>>51746715
Crud isn't writing nid lore anymore. Phil Kelly took them back and will quickly make his shit irrelevant, not the other way around.
>>
File: Yncarne.png (461KB, 1080x214px) Image search: [Google]
Yncarne.png
461KB, 1080x214px
>>51746700
Don't forget that all the dead are now aciting as a source to empowered the Eldar of Iyanden to Aledari.

The coming of the Ynnari has made Iyaden one of the most powerful craftworlds in the galaxy. The Cycle of Yncarne has returned the dead back to aid the living in force.

By the way, she is QT!
>>
>>51746756
>she
>>
>>51746669
>But do you have any old lore of them digging to cores though?
Look up Sherman Bishop on Tyrannoformation. His fan lore was canonized by Andy Chambers and included in Codexes, old GW site articles and supplements like Chapter Approved.
>>
File: 1479182026983.jpg (39KB, 341x411px) Image search: [Google]
1479182026983.jpg
39KB, 341x411px
>>51746700
>>Iyanden end up bouncing back within a few hundred years
Oh, dear: y-you DO know that Iyanden got Kraken'd just like seven years before current year, r-right anon? Y-you DO know that, if what you posted is legit geedubs lore, the 'legit' lore is utterly wrong?
Was your plan to get BTFO'd? Cause you got btfo'd...
>>
File: niggers.jpg (147KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
niggers.jpg
147KB, 500x333px
Please, god, let these 40k end times be gentle to the nids. Smurfs got their primarch back, Chaos got Cadia bits, Eldar got their death god, give us something nifty too.

I just want more new monsters and more adaptations.
>>
>>51746715
>Sorry but we are arguing using the current and relevant. You know, the lore that's going enter into whatever GW is planning for the Tyranids in the undergoing narrative. Either stick with what's new or just don't bother replying.
See? This is all you got! When beaten to a pulp, ALL you can do is cry NUROOLZ!!!
Bwahahahahahaaaaaa!

Come on, circle around again! Dance monkey, dance!
>>
>>51746748
>A year from now
>The Breaking Storm : The Splintering of the Hive Mind
>Warhammer Live : We present to you the lead studio designer of "The Splintering of the Hive Mind", the bonfide Nid expert, Robin Cruddance

What would be your face? You know it's gonna happen.
>>
>>51746756
okay today is the first day I've been on TG in like 8 months. (Was in choina)

What the fuck is the yncarne stuff about?
>>
>>51746835
We need a whole fucking rewrite and a ruthless, brutal retcon gutting of everything Crud did to the lore over the past 8 years.
>>
>>51741836
>Are you retarded? Tyranids couldn't defeat a Forgeworld that used basic attrition tactics
That's one outlier example that is canon but multiple others have pointed out it makes no goddamn sense. it still happened, but for you to think this settles any debate is hilarious. There are multiple examples of forge worlds getting absolutely wrecked by nids, Gryphonne IV being the most significant one.

>Heck, a single C'tan shard annihilated the ground forces of the Tyranids with hilarious ease on multiple planets within hours.
Now you're just making shit up, it being there gave them a chance and gave them some breathing room. The fighting still went on for quite some time even after its emergence
>>
>>51746846
It's not going to happen. Their social media team actually pays some attention to the fanbase now and are very aware that Crud is probably the most hated guy in GW history.

Go ask in the general thread who is worse between Ward and Crud and see the responses you get. That shit comes up on their facebook page and stream chats all the time. The Genestealer Cult codex opens with a two-page spread of cultists murderfucking the shit out of Cruddace's OC space marine chapter for a reason.
>>
>>51746807
I am more interested in what's in the codexes. The current codexes. If Tyranids were able to dig to the cores, why did they miss Lucius core? Hmm?

And besides I am looking at an old article of Tyranid harvesting processes. Nothing says they go after the core. It's all about the surface level. Crust only.

>>51746835
You get the Swarm Queen which is the mate of the Swarmlord and his alpha.
>>
>>51746910
>why did they miss Lucius core? Hmm?
...because whoever wrote that book is shitty at fact-checking and logic? It's bad writing. Inconsistent with facts already given. The fact that you are defending that shitty writing just means you're a faggot troll trying to get a rise out of Tyranid fans and have no intention of discussing this fairly or objectively.
>>
>>51746895
>Cruddace's OC space marine chapter

Howling Griffons have been a thing since RT, he didnt make them up, just how he painted his army.
>>
>Nidfag gets triggered
>Claims only the fluff he likes is canon

NPC.
NPC.
NPC.
>>
File: 1487100029647.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1487100029647.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>51746943
He keeps circling back to the same non-argument, like it's a holy symbol or something.
>muh, it sez so in this one book...
By your - ahem - logic, space marines should all be using multilasers.......
Why does getting the shit kicked out of you every single day never get boring to you? A-are you a speshul kind of stupid?
>>
>>51746859
>Now you're just making shit up, it being there gave them a chance and gave them some breathing room. The fighting still went on for quite some time even after its emergence

I am mentioning that a single unsupported shard did tremendous damage on its own. The Tyranids in Cryptus did not taste the full might of a dynasty. Put the Shard in a Tessarct Vault and surround it with the supporting monoliths and watch the Tyranid swarm just cease to be.

>but multiple others have pointed out it makes no goddamn sense

Where?

>it still happened, but for you to think this settles any debate is hilarious.

It's not. It settles the debate about whose better at recycling their troops. I mean for fucks sake, the Tyranids had their own biomass + the biomass of the forgeworld + biomass of the servitors and tech-warriors that kept being fed to the grinder and they still lost to the Admech in attrition. The Admech don't have the capability to recycle their as efficiently as the Necrons or the ability to nullify matter as absolutely as the Necrons (Gauss/scarabs). Replace the Admech with Necrons and it's a more brutal stomp.

>>51746895
Their social media team actually pays some attention to the fanbase now and are very aware that Crud is probably the most hated guy in GW history.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

Yeah, nah. That would be Ward and he is back.
>>
>>51747004
It was still an intentional symbolic gesture for nidfans that didn't go unnoticed.
>>
>>51746943
The guy writing that book will mostly write the next Tyranid book.

And still I didn't get anything proving that Tyranids dig to cores!
>>
>Carnac trolling: the thread
>>
>>51747060
Not really. Random marine chapters are shown to be killed all the time in dexes. You are just being paranoid and delusional. Have some pills.
>>
>>51747065
>The guy writing that book will mostly write the next Tyranid book.
LOL, no he won't. The people running GW now aren't stupid.
>>
>>51747045
who is*
>>
>>51747087
>paranoid and delusional
>he thinks the people in the studio don't have friends in the Tyranid community they still talk to
Word gets out, bruv, when it's behind the scenes company politics stuff and not leaks that are under NDA.
>>
>>51747126
There is like three guys writing the lore and rules now. Ward, Crud, and Kelly. Crud has so far written or co-written every single Nid related release since as long as anyone remembers. Unless we get news he got retired, it ain't gonna change. He is the bug guy.

That's beside the point, that the Admech codex is uncredited so it could be anyone.
>>
File: 1478483368624.gif (529KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478483368624.gif
529KB, 480x360px
>>51747045
see>>51747025
>>51747065
see>>51746586
You feelin' the love, yet?
Go back to the general, you scrub.
>>
>>51740125
One word: Plot armor.

The Imperium's fate is to be defeated by Chaos. Any other bad guy will just be there to whittle down Imperial defense, get blown the fuck up, and pave the way for Chaos to stroll in and push the battered Imperials over with one finger.
>>
>>51747161
Ohhh....wait a second. I just remembered that Ward claimed on Twitter that he wrote the Genestealer codex. I don't think they truly count as Tyranids though.
>>
>>51747189
>The Imperium's fate is to be defeated by Chaos
Proof.
>>
>>51747208
The fact that Chaos always comes back no matter how many times it gets beat. Every other faction in the galaxy has a finite number of resources to fill in the gaps. Chaos just needs to go back to a dimension of Fuck You, and pop back out like nothing happened.

Maybe it would be some be all defeat like WHFB, but the Imperium will eventually fall to Chaos. Whether the Space Marines rally the survivors, the Emperor becomes a Warp God and establishes a Second Imperium, or everything goes to the Warp is anyone's guess however.
>>
>>51747161
Are you an idiot?

Ward hasn't worked for the company for years, he just (possibly) got re-hired but it's not even sure in what exact capacity.

The design team includes at least 5 other guys not even on your list, and 90% of the recent releases were Simon Grant and Phil Kelly.

Crud was given a Tyranid Codex in 5th, fucked it up, and they had plans to rewrite it completely in 6th but Chapter House debacle fucked them over and there was executive meddling and they basically just told Crud to phone in another one pronto, those dumb kids will eat that shit up, I WANT TO SEE THOSE NEW FLYER MODELS SELL, GET RID OF UNTRADEMARKED UNIT ENTRIES! And so because of where Tyranids fell in the release schedule they were screwed for another 4 years because no matter how bad it was they weren't just going to redo the Codex AGAIN shortly after.

Since that time the company has been under entirely new management and restructured their design process again. When it comes back around to finally do a Tyranids update, the LAST person they're going to let anywhere near it is the guy who fucked nids up twice in a row, with the second time only being because of some bullshit from Kirby and Merret who don't work there anymore.
>>
>>51747189
Speaking about plot armour. The released first page of Return of the Girlyman, says the Ultramar was attacked within the year by three forces. The Orks of the Charadon Empire, swarms of Leviathan, and Chaos.

They were all defeated but the most threatening and the closet enemy that came to destroying the Ultramarines was M'kar and his Bloodborn. If you are outdo by freaking M'kar in the threat department, then you might as well just give up.
>>
>>51747205
Ward had nothing to do with Genestealer Cults and didn't even work for GW at any point it was in the design pipeline, you're retarded.
>>
>>51747277
The perils of plot armor: giving out on you when it's most dramatic.
>>
>>51747268
>Ward hasn't worked for the company for years, he just (possibly) got re-hired but it's not even sure in what exact capacity.

You see >>51747205

Calls me an idiot but doesn't follow Matt Ward on Twitter.
>>
>>51747250
>The fact that Chaos always comes back no matter how many times it gets beat
OH, just like every other faction in the game. Huh. Good proof.
But seriously: Proof, not headcanon. Proof, motherfucker. We all know you wank chaos: we want proof.
>>
>>51747295
And you, see >>51747291
>>
File: Legends 002.jpg (991KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Legends 002.jpg
991KB, 3264x2448px
tfw tyranids blow and mine are dusty in boxes since early 6th ed
>>
>>51747208
The Solar Priest aka Avatar of the Emperor who is a being of prophecy foresaw that Abaddon and his crew will be the death of the Imperium and the Emperor.

Also MoM which pretty much confirmed that Chaos won.
>>
>>51747318
So you are saying that Ward lied on Twitter about the check he got from GW for writing the genestealer codex? You crazy, man.
>>
>>51747306
>We all know you wank chaos
No I hate Chaos with a passion. I wank it to Orks and lootin stuff.

>OH, just like every other faction in the game
No, the other factions get played up as being these huge monoliths that are barely holding on, number being conjured up so when those become a casualty count it feels more devastating. The thing is Chaos bounces back from that since it's in the warp, an literal infinite supply of daemons and traitors that get resurrected by warp gods because it's the fucking Warp, rules are for squares.

Every other faction will eventually run out. Faster than Chaos will. The question will be what emerges afterwards.
>>
File: 1482808425852.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1482808425852.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>51747334
>cites BL
>mfw
Oh, anon! And I thought you were halfway serious!!
>>
>>51747345
Post pics, faggot, we literally have interview footage on GW's official youtube of Phil Kelly and Simon Grant talking about how they wrote GSC. Ward hasn't worked for GW in ages.
>>
File: Ward Genestealer.png (17KB, 572x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ward Genestealer.png
17KB, 572x240px
Found one of his tweets about the genetealers codex.

See? He wrote the genestealer codex. Paranoid-anon BTFO. Anyways, he is telling you guys to guess what's wrote and will write for GW.
>>
File: adorable.jpg (54KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
adorable.jpg
54KB, 605x454px
>>51747355
>he doesn't know where Chaos comes from
You're adorable - have a kitten.
>>
>>51747378
You see >>51747402

Do I need to post the picture of him saying that they rehired him?
>>
>>51747404
Since your such an expert, why not educate the class, or is your only counter-argument image macros?
>>
>>51747402
Uhh, hate to break it to you, anon....that tweet sez he didn't write it........
>>
>>51747402
That doesn't confirm that he did the Genestealer codex. It's the opposite, he told people to keep guessing.
Ward is an author now, and referred to GW as his new client, which means they will be paying him to write fiction for them, like Abnett, McNeil or ADB.
>>
>>51747402
Nevermind he was just trolling. He made it clear that he didn't write it.
>>
>>51747402
>keep guessing
You are so fucking dumb holy shit hahaha he's literally saying he didn't have anything to do with it
>>
>>51747444
>write fiction for them, like Abnett, McNeil or ADB.

Then where the heck are his BL novels then?
>>
>>51747416
If you don't know where Chaos comes from, get out. You're over your head.
>>
>>51747460
It takes a long time to write a novel and have it published.
>>
>>51747465
Ah so you don't know. Got it.
>>
>>51747415
>Do I need to post the picture of him saying that they rehired him?
Apart from the fact that you just got BTFO like a lazy nigger in a cotton field, that "rehire" happened many many months after the GSC book would have actually been done. You think GW just shits out these releases overnight?
>>
>>51746820
>M39
>Seven years before M41.999

What's it like being a retard?
>>
>ITT: Retards unironically think Matt Ward has had anything to do with any GW releases from the past two years
Try getting your information from better sources than the 12 year olds on Reddit regurgitating outdated memes, cucks
>>
>>51747496
Hive Fleet Kraken attacked in 993.M41
>>
File: thnx.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
thnx.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
>>51747505
You're a huge tool, m8
>>
File: rISE.jpg (102KB, 1000x523px) Image search: [Google]
rISE.jpg
102KB, 1000x523px
>>51747505
Don't you mean 1d4chan? ALSO EXPLAIN THIS.
>>
>>51747496
You got a source for that complete bullshit, buddy?
>>
>>51747505

Didn't he get hired again? I thought he posted a pic of him in front of a GW building.
>>
>>51747470
Oh, zing! Good one, kiddo! That lerned me!!
Seriously, though: this site is for adults only.
>>
>>51747570
Yes, within the past few months. In an unknown capacity. It also means he's done nothing for GW that's being released right now or we're going to see for at least another half a year.
>>
>>51747582
Called your bluff kid, either step up or shut up.
>>
>>51747496
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
Speaking about Eldar and Tyranids, did you know that the Yriel's spear that he used to actually wound the Hivemind has brother/sisters swords? It's one of the 5 Crone Swords made from the fingers of an Eldar goddess of fate. Yncarne, Yvarine, and Visarch all have one of these swords. One is currently messing. The final sword that's all they need to awaken Ynnead fully.

The Eldar have potentially 5 artefacts capable of directly harming the Hivemind. What does that mean for the Tyranid race?
>>
>>51747592
It means you suck big black dicks, Carnac. Go spill your fat neckbeard stench in /v/, no one here likes you.
>>
File: NidfagsBTFO.png (144KB, 344x331px) Image search: [Google]
NidfagsBTFO.png
144KB, 344x331px
>>51747547
>>51747519
N P C
K Y S
>>
File: swNlDoE.jpg (101KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
swNlDoE.jpg
101KB, 640x853px
Back on topic.

The 2nd gathering storm book mention they found genestealer cults on Terra. I think the home world is going to get double fucked.
>>
>>51747589
Don't you know? For serious?? You're actually gonna post another response, thinking that you are somehow winning?? How delightful!!
I look forward to your soulful response....
see what i did there? you see it, don't you?
>>
>>51747614
But I like you, anon, and that's enough <3.
>>
>>51747614
>Instinctive behaviour

NPC
>>
>>51747621
Look at that utter bullshit pic! Holy frak! Is that seriously legit? If so, how in fuck is geedubs fucking up so hard??
>>
>>51747628
Uh no, I expect you to keep skirting around the issue since you don't actually know it. Then once I get tired of you, you'll go back and be an angry little autist at some other shmuck in the thread.
>>
>>51747630

They should add more psychic tables to the nids...as well as more psykers to allow for a psychic spam nid build.

Also, plastic GMC under 325 points that doesn't suck.
>>
>>51747626
Nope, The genestealers will amount to nothing since the Tyranids will be scared off by the fact that there is a warp signal that's heading towards Terra and is trailing behind warpstorms and daemon incursions. What is a minor genestealer compared to a warp apocylse directed straight at Terra from a few sub-sectors nearby.
>>
File: bs detected.jpg (62KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
bs detected.jpg
62KB, 600x500px
>>51747626
>genestealer cults
>on holy fucking terra
>>
>>51747643
Seriously legit le ebin frakking reddit friend :^)
>>
>>51740125
They're such a boring fucking race though, even by 40k standards.
>>
>>51747621
>Bugboyz in charge of knowing their lore

Confirmed all nidfags are newfags.
>>
>>51747629
Your attentions are what make our lives complete, carnafuck. As long as you're worried about us, you aren't out defiling anything else. It makes us feel as tho we are doing a public service.
>>
>>51747621
Source it, faggot.

Every single Tyranid Codex from 3rd edition all the way to the current one lists Iyanden as 992.M41. That means even if that ever WAS correct, which it isn't, since Andy Chambers own pen listed 992.M41, it has since been retconned.
>>
>>51747663

They were way more interesting in 3ed.
>>
>>51747663
>Tyranids are boring
>Not the 2,500,573,059 th space marine chapter
>>
>>51747675
Actually, I am posting /vg/ and /a/ at the same time. I like you but I don't like you enough to give you my undivided attention.
>>
File: kek.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>51747645
Aaaaaaaaannnnd - he missed it! Thanks for coming out, kid! Maybe you should try to understand this shit before you sperg out all retarded-like.
>>
File: 20170215_205002.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170215_205002.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>51747656

Eat shit dick bagger
>>
>>51747678
All the way from 3rd ed you say? Page number? Because that was from 3E cityfight.
>>
File: Genestealer on Terra.png (273KB, 181x711px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer on Terra.png
273KB, 181x711px
>>51747706
Post the full thing, poorfag.
>>
>>51747654
Tyranids don't run from Chaos, anon - it is established canon that Chaos runs from the Tyranid swarm - the hivemind overwhelms Chaos, literally driving it light years away. You know, the whole 'void in the warp' thing?
Chaos fags really really feel the butthurt strongly. So much butthurt. You'd think they'd be used to being the galaxy's whipping boyz by now...
>>
>>51747690
Space Marine chapters actually have character and aren't faggot npcs like Tyranids.
>>
File: Shhhhieeet.png (354KB, 201x899px) Image search: [Google]
Shhhhieeet.png
354KB, 201x899px
>>51747736
Here is the one about the lovercraftian signal heading towards Terra.
>>
>>51747738
>You know, the whole 'void in the warp' thing?

No, please source this void in the warp.
>>
File: 1458773654287.jpg (38KB, 345x343px) Image search: [Google]
1458773654287.jpg
38KB, 345x343px
>>51747747
>Space Marine chapters actually have character
>actually have character
>Space Marine actually have charater
>aren't faggot
>Space marine
>actually have character not faggots
>space marines
>>
>>51747702
>/vg/ and /a/
'splains a lot......
>>
Well, if this thread taught me anything, it's that people who like nids are gigantic faggots who shouldn't be allowed to communicate with others.
>>
File: learntoreadfaggot.png (1MB, 1299x744px) Image search: [Google]
learntoreadfaggot.png
1MB, 1299x744px
>>51747728
Here's one better, anon.
>>
>>51747738
False. The Daemon codex says that Hive Fleets are running from and avoid the Warpstorms in the galaxy and The hivemind is getting aware of the danger.

Also there are plenty of examples of Chaos daemons manifesting and attacking Tyranids ships from within. The Shadow in the Warp doesn't drive away daemons.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (657KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
657KB, 3000x2250px
>>51747760
But people who play nids are the best bros you'll ever meet
>>
>>51747688
What was more interesting?
>>
>>51747728
>cityfight
That's some desperate shit, right there.
>>
>>51746022
>not understanding what the other guy said.
>>
>>51747781
Not really. They seem all to be faggots to me.
>>
>>51747758
Yeah, you got a problem, npc faggot?
>>
>>51747663
You guys need to come up with some new bait, forreal. Like, do you really expect to convince the fans of a Faction with possibly the most dedicated community in 40k, with some of the most ascended fanworks in 40k, who are one of the highest selling model lines that aren't Space Marines, that they're having badwrongfun and are boring hurrrr?
>>
>>51747798
How is NPC an insult? Do you need to be Daddy Importantmarine to not feel bad about your penis?
>>
>>51747791
>says retcon happened
>provides no proof.

Here a statement from my own. The Swarmlord is the creator of the Tyranid race. This is now canon. For how else could he be as old as the Tyranid if he didn't create them?
>>
>>51747755
no u
>>
>>51747806
Not him but the response from you and others in this thread makes it clear it is an insult that burns.
>>
>>51747795
That's because you are the faggot, Carnac, so you project onto everyone else around you.
>>
>>51747806
>n-npc lives matter

npc cuck.
>>
>>51747779
sauce that lie nigga
>>
>>51747831
Takes one to know one, bae
>>
>>51747830
But I don't know what it means

Is NPC an insult because tyranids are nameless? What makes a not-NPC, and why is that better?
>>
>>51747824
I can't. Since neither of us can source this void in the warp we must therefore conclude that it does not exist and that you are full of shit.
>>
>>51747839
Daemon codex 6th ED.

The DE Coven Supplement.

Storm of Iron.

Daemonkin codex. Which is by far the coolest one.
>>
>>51747844
Wow, did a three year old give you that one? That's quality!
W E W L A D
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>51747848
>But I don't know what it means

You know what it means.
NPC
NPC
NPC
>>
>>51747848
It's a meme that started with Eternal Crusade, because they made Tyranids a non-playable enemy mob race for dungeons, and the haters (using the plural loosely since it always seems to be ~90% carnac) just ran with it.
>>
>>51747863
I know who you are but what am I? <3
>>
File: kill everyone in this thread.jpg (10KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
kill everyone in this thread.jpg
10KB, 235x214px
>>
File: 1482691462045.gif (923KB, 290x163px) Image search: [Google]
1482691462045.gif
923KB, 290x163px
>>51747854
>>
>>51747867
Sounds silly

Hear that >>51747864 ? you sound silly.

Tyranids are love
>>
>>51747867
I never ever called Tyranids an NPC race though. In fact, I liked the Oldcrons which can be argued to be more NPC race that the Tyranids since they had no SC other than the C'tan who lets face it were not Necrons.
>>
>>51747861
>6th ED
bwaahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!!
>>
>hours later
>no proof that Tyranids dig into cores
>>
>>51745401
This is the only post worth anything in this entire thread.
>>
>>51747881
>Tyranids are love

Love of shitty NPCs.
>>
>>51747867
Kek
That's remarkably pathetic! How would anyone think of that as an insult? How stupid is this carnac? Tell us, oh mighty fucktard how stupid you are! Tell us in your oh so desperately breathless verbiage.
>>
>>51747911
I'll assimilate you m8
>>
>>51747910
They were never the big bad of 40K.

In 2nd, the rising psykers population were stated to be the biggest threat to mankind.

in 3rd and onwards, Chaos kept being cited as the biggest of bads.

They were a secondary threat since the start of all of this.
>>
File: rj6hxJC.jpg (2MB, 3114x1730px) Image search: [Google]
rj6hxJC.jpg
2MB, 3114x1730px
I thought the whole grimdarkness of the 4th millennium was that regardless human kind was screwed

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fall_of_Shadowbrink
>>
>>51747903
le sigh
see the posts you ignored, asshat>>51746634
>>51746546
This is carnac, kids - he thinks he's helping! Revile him like the stain he is.
>>
File: 1485630275037.jpg (191KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1485630275037.jpg
191KB, 640x633px
>>51740125
>shit dex
>shit fluff
>shit models
>have been "just about to eat the whole imperium" since 4th ed
Tied with Tau as worst faction in 40k. Even GSC, which is a spin off is cooler.
>>
>>51747938
LIES! 1st and 2d mention chaos as a big bad - but the uber bad tyranids were coming!!!! And they were eating EVERYTHING.
It's like you only accept what agrees with your twisted headcanon.....funny, that.
>>
>>51748016
>>51748016
Uh oh! He's getting tired!! Don't give up on us now!
>>
>>51748018
>but the uber bad tyranids were coming!!!! And they were eating EVERYTHING.

Nah. Tyranids were always a sideshow race.
>>
Just checked the magma corer fluff.

>35-40 km depth

That's the average depth they reach before dying.

Lets see how far is earths core is? 6,371 kilometers.

So there is zero proof that nids dig to cores.
>>
>>51747769
So what you're saying, is the NPC faction is written by literal incompetents who don't know the lore and are repeatedly retconned into being correct? Okay.
>>
>>51747973
Are there any more pics like that one? I really like the look of it, the minor touch ups to the art that make it more realistic look super gud.
>>
>>51748061
Uhh, no akhchually: chaos was the sideshow; chaos was just kinda there. Nids were nomming through the galaxy at an alarming rate. First tyrannic war took some 60 or 70 years to 'win', and then only with the total dedicated attention of at least two first founding chapters (Dark Angels and White Scars).
Sauce - Rogue Trader. edition numba one.
tl;dr - chaos was just a sideshow, nids were the up and coming ender of all things.
You suck at this.
>>
>>51748100
Huh, wow - if you JUST checked that, then you won't mind sourcing it...
>>
>>51740125
But no because this is a fictional universe and the writers can do whatever they want.
>>
>>51748407
yep
>>
>>51748407
Not really. The warp was the biggest threat since the psyker evolution was threatening to destroy all mankind and the galaxy.
>>
>>51748446
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Magma_Corer
>>
>>51748633
The evolution of humanity wasn't a thing, yet.
>>
>>51748711
Actually, it was. The psyker increasing numbers were the greatest threat to mankind and the Emperor major concern.
>>
File: IMG_0809.png (256KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0809.png
256KB, 200x281px
>NPC
>literally an entire playable model range and codex
>NPC
>Non player character
>players can play tyranids
>npc
>???
Exactly how is this even true or even an insult? If anything it just makes the chaosfags look even more sad that they have to repeatedly scream down our throats that tyranids are a sideshow and chaos chaos CHAOS are the only ones that matter
>>
I am searching the Web. There seem to be nothing from GW about the existence of Magma Corers. Am I being rused? Forum posts dating to 2005 seem to claim it was a fan creation...?
>>
>>51748843
It's a fan creation by Sherman Bishop. Except Sherman Bishop's fluff is all considered canon by Andy Chambers and has made it into numerous official GW publications, and Chambers is the final word on Tyranids.
>>
>>51748878
>http://lore.warpshadow.com/ShermanBishop/mbf_addendum8.html

This is the only surviving archive I can find, but portions of this fluff were posted on the GW website in the Tyranids section back in the day when it wasn't run by soulless humourless corporate cunts.
>>
>>51748878
Andy Chambers no longer works for GW and the Magma Corer doesn't seem to have made it in any of the old codexes let alone the newer ones. It's certainly not something the new Tyranid lore would consider. Seriously, I was fucking rused by you guys passing off fanfiction as canon. A new low for both of us. I am fact check you guys harder from now on.

> Sherman Bishop'

Cite locations. Cite WDs. Cite codex. Lets search them together. I have time!

And for the record, Andy says that a single SM chapter can defeat the Starcraft sector. Yes, he is the ultimate lore master!
>>
>>51748652
Holy shit, you just used 1dfagchan as a source. That's as good a white flag as any.
>>
>>51748912
We have the wayback machine. Any idea WHEN this fanfiction was put on the GW site?

Anyways,

>if the Magma Corers survive once they reach the 35-40 km depth

They don't dig anywhere near the core of planets, even if we go by this fiction.
>>
>>51748988
What's wrong with 14dchan?
>>
File: 1478628502900.png (74KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
1478628502900.png
74KB, 171x278px
>>51748957
>>
>>51749052
>
Memes are not sources, anon.
>>
>>51749101
Not all of their stuff is memes. In the case of the Magma Corer, they just copypasted the lore from the Sherman fellow's webpage.
>>
So lets recap.

Tyranidfags claimed that the Lucius story is stupid because Tyranids could to dig the Admech stronghold in the core.

People said they cannot and Tyranidfags gor pissy. They mentioned Trygons, Mawlocs, and "Magma Corers" and claimed that they dig to the core.

Upon examination and investigation, there is no ecidence in anything offical that Tyranids can or have dug into any cores. Even the (totally fanfiction) Magma Corer, which is supposedly created to dig to the very possible limits, reaches about 45 before completing its purpose and most likely dying in the process. As we know a planets core is thousands of Kms deep.

So there is ZERO evidence that Tyranids are a core digging race. Which makes the Lucius story valid as any. Thank you for your time.
>>
File: Laffalympics.jpg (33KB, 424x287px) Image search: [Google]
Laffalympics.jpg
33KB, 424x287px
>>51749149
>but guise! i'm for serious!!
>for sure the tyranids suck and CHAOS ROOLZ, yo!
>tha memes told me so!!!
Don't you get tired of being a pathetic sperg? Don't you get tired of being wrong? Like, every day?
>>
>>51740125
But are there more Tyranids than particles in the universe?
>>
>>51749235
We love you Carnac, oh yes we do
>>
>>51749274
I know. What are you gonna do without me? If I wasn't here, Tyranidfags would still be claiming that Magma Corers are totally GW canon and that Tyranids are able to burrow into the cores of planet when the highest recoded depth they ever reached according to Sherman is like 45 kilometers. Never trust a Tyranidfag, they speak lies.

As far as I know there are only two races capable digging into planets cores . Necrons and Orks.
>>
File: saltine-crackers.jpg (23KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
saltine-crackers.jpg
23KB, 400x260px
>>51749264
>>
>>51749235
Look at him and laugh! He tried soo hard - for hours, he tried - and this was the best he got.
He's carefully moved his goalposts, carefully mis-defined his terms, all to lull us into his shitstorm....
whew!
I'm glad you didn't give up yet - you didn't leave: you were frantically reading codices! How adorable!!!!!
This is chaosfags, gents: sooo desperate for recognition, so desperate to feel like they're part of the group, that they shit all over the very group they try to fit in to. He thinks he's cool here....when he's been the biggest joke this site's had since moot.
Come on, faget, hit me again with your nonsense.
Oh, and for those who haven't paid attention, he got btfo'd because he staked his claim to a bullshit story about some admech base in a planet WITH NO CORE somehow being able to avoid tyranid detection by being hidden underground in the coreless core of the planet....forgetting, of course, that tyranids CAN DIG. And also forgetting that a coreless planet HAS NO CORE. So, somehow, he wants us to believe that tyranids can't dig; or that they can't dig deep enuf to find AN EMPTY CORE.
Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>51741991
Like how the Tyranids seem to be avoiding major Necron systems, they'd probably avoid humanity's greatest strong points once they seriously bloodied themselves on them as well. Hive Fleets would splinter and spread insidiously throughout the Imperium to hit valuable Agri worlds or easier targets already infiltrated by Genestealer Cults. Then refreshed and replenished in number they could overwhelm the now weakened and resource starved intrenched defenders. It's the most likely screnario given the Imperium is already stretched to the breaking point and has been shown to be vulnerable to being picked apart piecemeal.
>>
File: chapter approved.png (715KB, 706x666px) Image search: [Google]
chapter approved.png
715KB, 706x666px
>>51748957
>doesn't seem to have made it in any of the old codexes let alone the newer ones
It doesn't need to, because tyranid codexes make reference to the fact that they're a highly mutable race. Going "reee they aren't codex approved" is silly, because the codexes have deliberately left gaps in the lineup to be filled with whatever.

You're free to go through all the white dwarves from 255-present if you like, but trying to pin tyranids down is going against the point. They made the creature design rules (both in-codex and in white dwarf) BECAUSE tyranids are all over the place.

>Andy says that a single SM chapter can defeat the Starcraft sector.
Well, the koprulu sector is maybe a dozen lightly colonized planets, which was basically conquered in its entirety when the UED rolled in. And the UED was essentially a skeleton crew that used a stolen fleet as their primary force.

A proper military that isn't interested in making use of the colonies and simply razing any resistance would obviously do much better. They've even got the weaponized psychics in-house to control/kill the nascent overmind.
>>
>>51749402
2 starved minor fleets of behemoth avoided Solomence because it had Necrons and it was a barren planet. There is no other mention of Tyranids avoiding Necrons anywhere else.

And we have seen Tyranuds again and again attack the most defended of Imperial worlds. Behemoth mindlessly plowed into the galaxy pursing Sotha's signal.

>>51749354
I know your trolling but I like how you set it up for me.

>>51749354
>WITH NO CORE

The core is hollowed out and houses Admech cities. These cities are hidden by thousands of kilometres of rock and metal while the Tyranids can't break over 100 kilometres with their "fanfiction" specialized diggers.

Tyranids are not a core digging race. They lack the technology!
>>
>>51747781
every nid player longs for the 'good ol days' where they were op as shit
>>
>>51749421
>It doesn't need to, because tyranid codexes make reference to the fact that they're a highly mutable race. Going "reee they aren't codex approved" is silly, because the codexes have deliberately left gaps in the lineup to be filled with whatever.

Then I can invent any Tyranid in my mind and claim it's canon. Like Jerry the talking Hive Tyrant or whatever.

Whenever a Tyranidfag is cornered in a fluff argument is just free to invent a Tyranid to wish it way.

>ou're free to go through all the white dwarves from 255-present if you like, but trying to pin tyranids down

Actually downloaded 254 and 255. I see nothing yet. Where the Sherman articles at?

>ell, the koprulu sector is maybe a dozen lightly colonized planets,

The Protoss (and their many subfactions) and Zerg alone would murder these 1000 power armored dudes.
>>
>>51749451
>I know your trolling but I like how you set it up for me.
That's why I'm here: to kill lies.
>>
>>51749451
You're*

Be right back. Coffee break.
>>
>>51749451
>Tyranids are not a core digging race. They lack the technology!
What are mawlocs?
What are trygons?
With no molten core to stop them, tyranids will dig straight through the planet. Nowhere to hide. Underground admech be ded ded ded.
>>
>>51749528
>Where the Sherman articles at?
Find 'em yourself, dude. I'm not doing your homework for you. They got him in on the creature design article in white dwarf, where he did up a bunch of 40k-scale gargantuan creatures (trygon among them)

>Then I can invent any Tyranid in my mind and claim it's canon.
Sure, the difference is you don't have a personal stamp of approval from the guy responsible for everything tyranids. This is why people remember sherman bishop's name and contributions, while your autism only attracts derision.
>>
File: 1482354455193.jpg (149KB, 1368x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482354455193.jpg
149KB, 1368x960px
tyranid fags are worse than i thought

are they the furries and bronies of 40k?
>>
>>51749684
>Sure, the difference is you don't have a personal stamp of approval from the guy responsible for everything tyranids. This is why people remember sherman bishop's name and contributions,

GW doesn't clearly and that's what matters.

>Find 'em yourself, dude

If you cannot point out even in a general sense where they exist, then I have to conclude that they don't exist or that there are some lies going on.

Lex claims that there is a Sherman article in WD 254. It ain't here. So We might have another Sisterfag wiki edit situtation here.
>>
>>51749785
Pretty much.
>>
Tyranid are npc race.
They exist only as fodder to be killed by actual character race: Space Marine, Guardsmen, Eldar etc.
Tyranid players are upset about being treated as npc race even though they know this before selecing to play Tyranid army. Why?
>>
>>51750241

I'm not too clued up on my 40K lore, mostly a lurker when it comes to this stuff but I did have a Nid army that I really enjoyed and just liked the sheer unending nomming playstyle.

But I thought it was an established fact that while everyone is having their wars for survival, while Marines are fighting Chaos, Tau trying to preserve the greater good, Eldar and Dark Eldar on opposing sides and whatever beefs everyone has with each other.

I always though that while all that was going on, the Tyranids were the unseen end boss of the Universe, as pretty much in all the lore I've seen, they are spoken about as if their numbers are infinite as if there is no TRUE way of stopping them as their hunger will just consume and that when you fight them, due to the Hive mind, there is no thrill of the fight, there is no survival, pride, joy or anything in them, only for their hunger to be sated. Which is unlike any other enemy of man seen before.

For me its like 40K is one big Inter-Galactic Civil War between all these different factions. Then the Nids just are, waiting to consume them all and people will only realise they should've stopped fighting each other and geared to fight the Nids together but it might be too late.

As you can't wipe out Xenos from the Universe if there is no Universe left.

I've spoken to non-Nidfags as well as Nidfags about this and pretty much all seem to be in agreement about the core idea of that.
>>
>all this autism on both sides about a planetary core

Guys, the core or the tyranids being able to dig to the core is irrelevant. The story makes no sense because of the attrition over a period of months part. The longer the battle against the tyranids goes, the harder it is for the defenders since the tyranids adapt. that Lucius story only makes sense if you assume the tyranids are getting very minimal offworld reinforcements, and that they aren't adapting like they do in every other war that lasts more than a day. The most absurd piece is how the rippers are so neat and selective in their eating that they left enough of the mechanical parts intact and fictional to rebuild new servitors. If this were always the case then you'd see rippers eat spice marine baddies and leave empty armor behind. But Seriously, no bio Acid? No venomthrope spores to degrade the metal? What about all the servitors blasted apart or eaten by larger beasts? Did the tyranids fail to pick up on such a simple strategy when they've been encountering it for months? The whole thing makes less and less sense the more you think about it, and is absurd even by 40k lore standards
>>
>>51750327
>I've spoken to non-Nidfags as well as Nidfags about this and pretty much all seem to be in agreement

Does not matter they are wrong.
Tyranids are sideshow baddie, and npc at that.
True baddie and villain is Chaos.
>>
>>51750327
Looking for the source now, but I saw somewhere that the eldar saw the rhana dandra and it was basically chaos pushing out of the eye and rapidly consuming everything, tyranids pushing them back, and eventually necrons all wake up to find an empty galaxy. Chaos wins, nids clean up the mess after everyone relevant is already dead and then they leave, necrons are the last ones standing but technically don't win since their last chance at biotranferrence is gone
>>
>>51750367

Could it be that Chaos are the main nemisis but Nids are the true evil threat?
>>
File: Necrons at War.png (32KB, 564x494px) Image search: [Google]
Necrons at War.png
32KB, 564x494px
>>51750337
Only Gorgon was super adaptive and intelligent about it.

The other hive fleets are just winging it in adaptation.

>>51750327
Actually, the Necrons are hidden rising threat. Tyranids are very apparent.

Also the whole thing about the races needing to unite to defeat the Tyranids was retconned from the Nids and given to the Necrons. picture related
>>
>>51750384
No.
Tyranid are merely swarm npc.
Chaos is damnation and eternal suffering.
>>
>>51750383
>since their last chance at biotranferrence is gone
I always hate this cop out. Even in the Crons book only some of the Necrons want this.
>>
>>51750383
It's a prophecy that was aborted in the book "Valedor" and you got some parts of it wrong.

And by the way, biotranferrence is what made the Necrontyr in Necrons. The reverse process is called Apotheosis.
>>
>>51750405
>only Gorgon was super adaptive and intelligent about it.
Gorgon was the most precise with their adaptation, able to come up with perfect counters to the exact situation at hand. Hey had a problem with overspecializing.
>The other hive fleets are just winging it in adaptation.
Leviathan at least has shown pretty impressive adaptation, though much more broad and strategic than Gorgon. In the Shield of Baal campaign they adapted to everything thrown at them in a day.

>necrons
Dude, the Silent king is trying to unite the necrons to stop the tyranids and knows even that might not be enough. And with the direction things are going, the necrons are probably going to be mostly on the "good" side for now. We already had trayzn helping out in FoC, and the blood angels teaming up with crons in SoB. I expect the necrons to do pretty much the same thing Nagash and the undead did in the endtimes
>>
>>51750509
Care to share the correct prophecy?

Also thanks for that, I forgot the necrons called it apotheosis
>>
>>51750367
But the immaterium thrives on mental energy, which the tyranids do not contribute to. By definition shouldn't the Tyranids be a greater threat to Chaos as well? The Chaos gods themselves won't have any power, and the entire warp should become nonexistant as the mental energies that produce it die off.
>>
>>51750643
The warp is not produced by mental energies.
Chaos is the more powerful because it threatens not just life but soul and the fabric of the universe as well.
Tyranids are just shitty locusts.
>>
>>51750614
Leviathan and Kraken unite and pretty much kick the Imperium's ass. With anything stopping Chaos anymore, Chaos floods over the galaxy and corrupts everything. After a time, Chaos recedes back into the Warp. The Tyranid fleets arrive at the galaxy and eat up all the life that survived Chaos and reduce the galaxy to an empty desolate place.

The only thing that remains in the galaxy in the Necrons who will rule an empire of ash and dust until the stars go dark.
>>
>>51750678
>The warp is not produced by mental energies.
Pff! You still here spreading your lies? Fuck off fatty! We don't want your wheezings here. For a chaosfag, you sure do know nothin' about tha warp, niggaluva.
>>
File: 1482669135801.jpg (33KB, 332x421px) Image search: [Google]
1482669135801.jpg
33KB, 332x421px
>>51750643
>>
>>51750781
If the Warp is mental energies then how come it exists in the emptiness between galaxies?
>>
>>51750419
Yes.
Chaos is merely angsty teenager wank.
Tyranids are eternal hunger hungering eternally.
>>
>>51750367
You're getting tired, friendo - need a cuddle?
>>
>>51750804
smfh
>>
>>51750810
The hivemind was slapped aside by Slaanesh. Source Valedor.

Feel the eternal bitchslap.
>>
>>51749785
You didn't reply to this post here>>51749642
loser faget.
>>
>>51750845
You're tired. You are slipping. Best give in and have a wee snooze, bud. You'll feel better in the morning.
>>
File: 1478715959910.gif (778KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478715959910.gif
778KB, 500x300px
>>51750804
>>
>>51750851
Different anons. There is more than one anon who think Tyranidfags are brony tier wankers.

And to answer your post, the Tyranids have zero reasons to dig that deep in a middle of a massive war.
>>
File: 1485387826010.jpg (206KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1485387826010.jpg
206KB, 623x414px
>>51750884
Lying samefag! You gotta git better, son. Oh, and I'm glad you're an expert on what the Hivemind thinks! That's awesome! Didja think that headcanon up all by yerself, or did mummy halp you?
>>
File: anon....png (170KB, 335x369px) Image search: [Google]
anon....png
170KB, 335x369px
>>51750804
>>
File: 1485779342169.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485779342169.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>51749507
Yup. Every (non girl) Nid player I run into whines the whole time about how weak their codex is and how the writer obviously hates Nids. One even asked me to let them use their old codex for our game in the current edition.

They chose their faction, they can fucking live with it like the rest of us do.
>>
>>51751081
Quit talking to yourself; and quit back pedalling. You got caught in a really stupid troll post, sadfag. Give it up, you're only hurting yourself.
>>
>>51751112
I'm not the same person, though?

You sound like a salty fuck who's trying to support their argument with, "Oh, you don't agree with me so you must be the same person!"
>>
>>51740423
Crashing this galaxy... With no survivors.
>>
>>51750845
>a portion of the hive mind was slapped aside by an actual chaos god
What was the context of this? and where in valedor does this happen, i have both books and can't seem to find it
>>
>>51751158
You are aware that you could easily prove you're not the same person with a screencap right?
>>
>>51751246
And why should anyone waste the effort on an anon who should know better?
>>
>>51751234
Slaanesh descends on Duriel to consume the souls of the Eldar there.

>The skein resounded to the triumphant laughter of She Who Thirsts. She was waiting for him now. Her presence pushed aside the limitless mind of the voidspawn. The horrors of the flesh had been displaced by that of the spirit.

>He would die the true death, and know unending torment.

>Still he sang.
>>
>>51751260
This. Why the fuck should I care about some whiney retard?
>>
>>51751260
>>51751287
Samefag
>>
File: Screenshot_20170216-030029.png (267KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170216-030029.png
267KB, 1440x2560px
>>51751327
>Dumbass who can't tell the difference between two people.
>>
>>51751327
Calling samefag is a bad idea, anon. It makes you look petulant and childish, worthy of mockery, and it's never, ever true.
>>
>>51750845
>using valedor as a source for tyranids being weak
you mean the same book that admits that if Leviathan and Kraken were to merge, the resulting tyranids would go on to BTFO everyone including the eldar?
>“Many futures sprang from the nexus, all dire. The psychic backwash was intense. Blood and war. Creatures made stronger by the genetic inflow of ork, human, and eldar, perfectly forged for the death of not only Taec’s kind, but the entire galaxy. The stars of hope in the black doom winked out one by one, the few threads of the skein stretched out to them unravelled. There was nothing beyond the blackness but the laughter of his people’s twisted daughter.”

>“Further forward into the future. Tyranids of new and terrible kinds rampaged through the stars, unstoppable, growing stronger with every conquest.

>>51750614
>A thousand more passes we might persist, until the Great Dragon withers the galaxy unto desert, and the young races be consumed. Long before then, the Eye will open wide. The Womb of Destruction will give birth to countless foul children, and the great doom of the eldar will feast upon all our spirits. Chaos will corrupt the remainder of the sentient, before passing on as all wildfires must. The threat spent, the soulless ones will rule an empire of dust until the stars die. Know this: the great war finally we shall lose, and all will have been for nothing.”
From Valedor
If this was the fate of the galaxy before the whole ynnead thing altered the future, then i don't know what all the spearing out between nidfags and chaosfags was all about. Nids go on to stomp everyone, Chaos goes on to stomp everyone at the same time, nids outlast chaos before fucking off, necrons are the eventual winners. ZERO mention of the Orks uniting and becoming an actual threat, confirmed BTFO by tyranids and chaos.
>>
>>51751285
Well seeing as very strong psychic messages can pass through the I've minds influence with much difficulty, it makes sense that a damn chaos god would be able to do so too. some people act like slaanesh casually beat aside the entirety of the hive mind
>>
>>51751478
Theoretically couldn't the hive mind also be corrupted by chaos? Or are they another race that is just magically immune?

Humanity could also beat them if they got their shit together. The skitarii already showed it, but lost the files.
>>
File: whoosh!.gif (1MB, 390x252px) Image search: [Google]
whoosh!.gif
1MB, 390x252px
>>51751361
>>51751396
>>
>>51751437
Dude, it's a prophecy that got aborted after after they stopped the Tyranids. And it's wrong since as shown in the main rulebook and FoC, Chaos will destroy reality forever.
>>
Wait, all that's stopping the nids from becoming super-tyranids is that they haven't combined the DNA of man, ork and eldar? I find it hard to believe that none of the hive fleets have encountered all 3 races at this point.
>>
>>51741825
Tyranid player here, can confirm
>>
>>51744657
Not true, they eat minerals and metals, the pyrovores function is to melt down metals and minerals to be more easily eaten
>>
>>51741543
>and the latest gathering storm revealed hat genestealer cults have made it to terra
wait, what?
>>
>>51747161
>every single Nid related release since as long as anyone remembers
Your newfag is showing.
>>
>>51747334
>MoM
ADB wanks Abaddon off harder than any other author wanks anything in all 40k. Put together.
>>
>>51747706
>inwit
Isn't that Rogal Dorn's home planet.
>>
>>51751260
I'm just making sure anon is aware of all the options available to him.
>>
Man, this thread remembered me of /v/.
>>
>>51740380
what?
>>
>>51755128
Chaosfags trolling and creating a problem where there isn't one. It's best to just ignore them
>>
>>51740125

Why is it that "evil" things are always more interesting than "good" things? The Tyranids are way more interesting than Space Marines or even Imperial Guard.
>>
>>51744657
Ok, now I know you're trolling. Whenever tyranids descend on a planet, it isn't an invasion. It's an infestation. The land writhes with alien growth, it shakes with the step of each bio-monstrosity, the skies teem with countless fliers and the ground itself is filled with countless tunneler adaptations. The horrific gribblies that crawl in there have been known to cause earthquakes and the things detect and seek out vibrations. Seems like a hollow planet with a fusion reactor and filled with massive machinery would make enough noise that tracking it would be absurdly easy. Not to mention that they evolve. That's their thing. If they find themselves losing, they change to better overcome the obstacle. Also, even if none of what I said was true, they eat their dead too... so replenish their own losses and gain biomatter from their fallen foes. That's the dumbest bit of faction wank I've seen in a long time. I don't even play tyranids but come on. This is as stupid as a single regiment of catachan guardsmen taking out an entire necron dynasty
>>
>>51757552
They easily could have just said that world had so much power and innovative weapons that they actually did have more bullets than the tyranids had weapons beasts. Once they said the admech won over a period of months using the same tactic, and that they were recycling the mechanical parts of the servitors, the. It just turned into complete fanwank bullshit. It's like the tau beating khorne beserkers in close combat, or eldar beating imperial guardsmen in a war or attrition, or small squads of ork commandos taking out a space marine chapter world
>>
File: Recycle001.svg.png (61KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Recycle001.svg.png
61KB, 1024x1024px
>>51740125
>Tyranids wouldn't have taken 10,000 years to destroy cadia

Tyranids don't destroy anything, they recycle.
>>
>>51758603
I seem to remember an old white dwarf article about the tyrannoforming process. Tyranids really don't mess around. Inside of six months they'll eat the entire biosphere, drain the oceans and somehow steal the entire atmosphere. I'm pretty sure it said even the planet's diameter is decreased by a few fractions of a percent which means they've mined out so much material that the top few kilometers of planetary crust are gone too. I guess molten rock is too spicy for them?
>>
File: bait.jpg (101KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
101KB, 625x626px
He's still at it, folks!
>>
>>51761507
>I guess molten rock is too spicy for them?

Dig deep enough and the entire rock collapses possibly destroying whatever biomass you managed to harvest.
>>
>>51758603
The point is that Cadia would have fallen to the tyranids if they had invaded as many times as chaos did. The imperium won every major ground war on cadia all the way up to the end, abaddon has never truly best cadia even when he was trying.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.