[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JoJo's Bizarre Storytime: Machine Hearts, Chapter 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: JoJo's_Bizarre_Adventure.jpg (445KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
JoJo's_Bizarre_Adventure.jpg
445KB, 1680x1050px
Hello /tg/. Is any of you guys interested in yet ANOTHER long, rambling storytime about a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game I am currently in the process of running?

Yes, I'm the GM who ran what is now called 'JoJo's Bizarre Storytime' on 1d4chan, which was a Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Edition game which was ran during the summer of 2016. The game was so fun, so insane, I just had to make another. Well, yesterday (February 14), the call of destiny once again stirred the Joestar bloodline into action and a new chapter is being written in this altered Jojo timeline. Since the last game hapenned in our time, it seemed natural that should a sequel occur in the future. This, my friend, is cyberpunk-meet-Jojo.

For a quick recap of those who haven't read the original storytime (which I will post next), this take place in an alternate timeline. Twice over. In a different-but-mostly-identical timeline, DIO manifest a different Stand, Holy Diver (this was due to me wanting to return to the mystery of the villain's power) and when suck Joseph's blood in Cairo he also take the opportunity to go back in time, using his stand, altering the Jojo timeline drastically from Part 2 onward. Essentially, in this new timeline only Part 1 and Part 2 hapenned. Now, this new part, Machine Hearts, picks up from the alternate Part 3 that was my last game.

Machine Hearts take place in 2086, 70 years after the events of my original game. Since that time, war, economic collapse and environmental disasters have plagued mankind but humanity has finally managed to not only rebuild but also expand even further than they ever have before. Out of the ashes of the old world, a new one emerged.This is a world very much steeped in all the trappings of Cyberpunk and Post-Cyberpunk, as well as a lot of '80 and '90 movies.
>>
File: Jojostorytime.png (1MB, 735x6757px) Image search: [Google]
Jojostorytime.png
1MB, 735x6757px
>>51739886
Much like the last game, Machine Hearts has more than one main Jojo due to the fact nobody wanted to play the side character. However, whereas the last part where it's two Jojo began their story together and were always a tag-team. here it is different.They are:
>John Adam Johnson (Stand: 「Robot Rock」): Perhaps I ought to start with the more mechanically unique Jojo. This guy? Yeah he's basically, for all intent and purposes, Adam Jensen. Adam is fairly unique rule-wise in that he lack a Stand which can be summoned externally from him, his Stand acting only as a passive power, which is machine empathy. He is, however, almost completely machine. He's stronger, faster and tougher than any other character, able to almost match a Stand with his own stats. Unfortunately for him, however, he can't attack Stands, merely see them. He is a security officer for one of the Megacorporations, KLF. While he lack a Stand, he can still do the rapid fire punching by himself, shouting "TORORORORORARARARARA!" like his grandfather's Stand did.

>Joachim Jones (Stand: 「Controversy」): What we know for now of Joachim aka 'Speeding Bullet' is that he's some criminal youth who work as a corporate spy and saboteur. Joachim has cybernetic implants too, just way less than Johnson. He has cybernetic legs and eyes as well as implants which enhance his skills. His Stand, 「Controversy」, has super speed via temporal acceleration, which it can share with him and others. It's a rather simple power but when you are a skill monkey saboteur it can be pretty useful to be able to do non-combat tasks at 25 times human speed. His Stand is a bit squishy but has insane speed, precision and defense. His Stand cry is "MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!" which initially his player didn't know what this implied due to still being at Part 2.
>>
>>51739911
>Joannes Joel Manolo (Stand: 「Marooned」): Born with deformed, useless legs amputated at birth, Joannes crippled body was unable to support cybernetic legs due to his dead and useless nerves, forcing him to use prosthetic legs not unlike those we have today. This made him turn to using 'The Push', which is the power which is similar to Ripple and Spin in Machine Hearts (for now, it's origin are unknown), which allow him to temporarily boost his physical stats as well as allowing him to run despite his lack of legs. A famous 'Extreme Parkour Runner', his lack of legs and cybernetic augmentations baffle the sport community. His Stand can (temporarily) transmute any inorganic matter into other inorganic matter as well as warp it, also allowing him to control the battefield by stunning or snaring his opponents. His Stand Cry is "DORARARARARARARARA!", hinting that his ancestor is in fact Joseph's illegitimate child because Joseph can't keep it in his pants even in another timeline.

Our story begin in some building which belong to KLF, one of three major Megacorporations. KLF, or Kurosawa-Laberenz-Falk is the merger of several companies, including a german one. Their access to some secret files from Nazi Germany explain their initial edge in the realm of cybernetics. Berkie Minuteman, John's superior, is ironing out some of the security details for an upcoming event: an Extreme Parkour Race, one bigger than any other, held by another Megacorps, Steel Ball Run. KLF are providing the security as well as acting a sponsor of sorts and he want to make sure everything is fine.

Meanwhile, in some shady place, the 'Speeding Bullet', Joachim, gets a new job: all he has to do is hack the security grid of the event and take it down for a moment while someone else retrieve data. That's all he knows of his job but it pays well. The guy giving him the job really establish how goofy NPC can look, with his three piece blue suit and neon sunglasses. Because cyberpunk!
>>
>>51739926
Flash forward a few days before the event and we have our first scene of Joel Manolo, stretching before the race. He gets taunted by a giant, roidmonster of a man, loaded with chemical and cybernetic enhancements, including two massive metal arms. Also, he has an orange mohawk because...cyberpunk. The man is introduced as 'Dangerest Dave' (and those familliar with the previous Story Time will know he descend from the main ally of the Joestar in that game). He taunt Joel but not much happen, beside that in their conversation we get a bit more worldbuilding, namely that anti-augmentation people are known as 'zealots' but Joel explain it isn't by choice he has prosthetic legs but rather because his medical condition would make cyber-legs useless. And yet, somehow, the guy still manage to be some Usain Bolt-level runner.

As this is hapenning, the Speeding Bullet has deactivated the security system. Joel arrive at the line alongside the other contestant and activate the Push: Dangerest Dave mistake it's glow for subcatenous neon lights. Joel doesn't clarify. The race is on! Extreme Parkour consist of some insanely deadly parkour race, filled with murderous obstacles. Right away, John Adam notice something is wrong when the lasers which were supposed to stun in the first few meters of the race are set to the 'murder' setting as some of the nameless NPC gets zapped right away.

John Adam head down inside the stadium, toward the server room. Speeding Bullet's keycard, meanwhile, has seemingly had it's clearance removed. He's been double crossed, it seems. The guy tries to hide but John Adam beat his roll. And his palette has changed for...some reason? Now his hair is neon pink and his clothes bright green. The walls are blue, for some reason. Because, fuck you, Jojo color palette shifting! (It has no bearing on the story, it was just a scene description to make the players laugh).
>>
>>51739936
John pretend he hasn't seen the intruder, but as soon as said intrude move...he grab him one-handed with his cybernetic arm. Normally, the Stand could and should have blocked, but Joachim's player said he'd let himself be caught for the sake of drama. As the security cyborg start intimidating the intruder, said intruder manifest his Stand. Our first Stand of this game.

"MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!"
「Controversy」unleash a point-blank barrage of punching...but John Adam manage to evade it all. Because, screw you, he can do that. Also because dice fuckery.

Dangerest Dave and Joannes are now the last contestant of the death race: "Just you and me. Just you...and...ME! HRAAAH!" The giant of a man tackles him, or at least tries to, while they keep running toward the finish as explosives go off around them, the crowd cheering. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" The announcer says, as Joannes spin under the bulk of Dangerest Dave and keep his momentum with some crazy-ass maneuver.

Back to the inside of the building: John Adam counters with a punch, which crit and manage to slug the intruder in the face. The intruder panic and, after escaping the cybernetic chokehold, bust down the door with a flurry of stand punches.

The cyborg reach into his coat. As Adam Johnson take out his ridiculously over-designed laser gun (with a psychotic grin) from his coat, the color of the scene change again as techno remix of german chant plays. ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ.... The shot is fired, but 「Controversy」deflects the energy bolt and Joachim runs away. As John Adam calls security, Joachim continue running at full speed, taking whatever path has no door or weak door he rip through, he pass by a few security guards who are dumbounded by his speed. Light, he see light! Good....light. Light's good. Wait, why is it so loud? And exploding?
>>
>>51739949
Turns out the path he's taken is one of the maintenance shaft to access the side of the obstacle course, said doors now unlocked by the security breakdown.

Joachim tries to find a spot to hide behind the blades and crushing blocks, but Dangerest Dave spot him and, mistaking him for a surviving runner somehow ahead of him, tries to punch him with his robot arm. He miss...and then accidentally punch an explosive chunk of floor. KABOOM! Both pass the reflex save and are merely scuffed by the explosion. The race come to a stop, and while Joannes keep running, Dave and Joachim are left a bit confused by the detonation. Mostly unfazed, but Dave is losing ground. And he's mad. Using illegal(?) modifications, Dangerest Dave punch the ground and, using rocket ARMS, leaps into the air in hopes of catching up to his rival. As Dave is about to body slam the poor cripple, his Stand, 「Marooned」, manifest and, as soon as Dave is within it's 2m range, the stand scoop up some of the ground dirt, which extend into gooey tendrils, which snare the guy in mid-air.
"AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENNED BUT WE HAVE A WINNER! DANGER DAVE THE THIRD IS DEFEATED!"

While Joannes celebrate the biggest (albeit perhaps confusing?) victory, choppers arrive, over the stadium. White choppers with the symbol of the Enforcers, who grapple down an invade the parkour course, guns ready to fire. Therse guys are basically a mix of the Judges and Knight Errant from Shadowrun: they are a corporate-funded police/para-military, judge, jury and excutionner. Only reason they aren't going in gun blazing is because this is a corporate event. These guys wear primarily white armor and have mirrored faceplate as well as modulate voices to further dehumanize them. They are scary, obviously.
>>
>>51739962
"Kid, you got nowhere to run." John Adam says, big ass future gun pointed at the intruder. That's when they notice the chopper and know shit's gone real. "KID! ONE CHANCE! SURRENDER NOW! OR GET OVER HUNDREDS OF GUNS SHOOTING AT YOU! YOUR CHOICE!"

"Wait! You got me! Fine, I surrender!" The intruder says. "Good choice." Johan Adam replies and, once more, he robot-choke the guy with the iron grip of his cold, machine hand. All the while this is going, Joel is celebrating the biggest victory of his career. Just to be sure, he and Dave are taking for questionning alongside Joachim. John take time to ask the two runners if they know of any technology which would allow someone to move as fast the intruder did. You see, at this point, John Adam doesn't know that when they rebuilt him they also added a little 'something' which unlocked his weak Stand. That was his first time seeing a stand and he's confused as to how the guy could be so fast. Yet Dave and Joel both say the same thing: that no one has ever seen or heard of augmentations which can make you that fast. John also notice the Joestart birthmark on Joel but, for now, such a thing is ignored. The two athletes are let go, leaving only the cyborg, the intruder and two Enforcers.

What you have to remember is that one key of the cyberpunk genre, inspired by film noir, is that everyone is kind of an asshole to some extent (except Joel apparently). John Adam lose his shit and start wailing on Joachim, asking questions about WHO did this and WHY but...obviously, the young man can't really answer. He's a corporate-paid spy and saboteur. Nobody tell him WHO hires him because that would put them at risk. If anything, he's as confused as everyone else because his job was simply to disable security for a moment, nothing else. He start hamming it up, half bad cop-half Jojo character in it's natural habitat but it prove fruitless because the target of his interrogation is honestly just as much in the dark as he is.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>>51739974
"Your actions still killed innocent people and put a lot of them at risk for all we know. What you have done is still a criminal act in its own merit. Unfrotunately, I am just a security agent at a company and therefore, I can't carry a sentence no matter how hard I want to." John says, turning around. "But those two....? He's all yours, boys.If he decides to cooperate or spill the beans as to why he hacked our systems, you let my boss know. And by the way. The last thing we need you to do is kill him. He is the only person to have hacked into our system therefore it means some people might know how. Therefore, it could put your own at risks. So whatever you do: Keep! Him! Alive! Other than that, do what you want."

"Have a nice day, then...officer." Joachim replies, smarmy little piece of shit low life that he is...

<====To be continued
>>
Bumping this because I loved the first storytime
>>
>>51740958
Unfortunately this is all I have for this week, since the game is ongoing and JUST started yesterday. Here, have a setting document.
>>
>>51741010
Nice. Sorry that I'm probably the only other poster here, but I'll try to keep this bumped for other anons to see. Are you cool with me posting some ideas for stands. You can probably use them for your next session.
>>
>>51741722
...sure why not, seems like this thread ain't seeing much activity unlike last time.
>>
>>51741761
Might be because it's a work weekday.
>>
>>51742005
True.
>>
Nice. Hope your next campaign goes well
>>
>>51741010
Thanks for this anon. Hoping to run a JoJo game myself (probably gonna use FATE core once I learn it well enough) though I haven't envisioned cyberpunk being a part of it.

Please keep us posted.
>>
By any chance, do you have the M&M rules you used for your first game? I wanted to try that out with some friends.
>>
>>51744653
Since this was requested last time, I'll try to make a document of sort. The short version are these houserules:
-Defense rolls from Mastermind Manual
-Stand users (which all relevant NPC presumably will be) can see Stands otherwise they are invisible to others. Don't count these details as powers which cost PP.

As well as the following power, which is basically summon with extra and flaws:

SUMMON STAND
Type: General Action: Reaction
Range: Touch Duration: Sustained
Saving Throw: None Cost: 6 Points per rank (+1 Power Feat, said feat is Mental Link)

Summon Stand is basically Summon, except the summoned character is also under the player's control and it and it's user share the same health track. Stands automatically affect other stands as if they had Affect Insubstantial 2, which we can assume they get for free.

Then there is the range:
A: Extra: Extended Stand Range (100+ m) +1/Rank
B: Feat: Augmented Stand Range (20+ m) +1
C: Drawback: Reduced Stand Range 1 (10m) -1
D: Drawback: Reduced Stand Range 2 (3-9 m) -2
E: Flaw: Limited Stand Range (2 Meters) -1/Rank
>>
File: 1393081033954.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1393081033954.gif
393KB, 640x360px
donchu page 10 on me
>>
Nevermind, just finished the setting document. I actually might run with the Shadowrun stuff.

Any returning players from the last storytime?
>>
>>51748027
Only Joshua's player, playing Joannes Joel Manolo.
>>
I'll most probably be back next week with chapter 2, btw.
>>
Hi I'm another fan of the original story time and since your accepting stand ideas thought I would pitch mine: the strategist stats: A in range A in growth b in speed c in everything else
special ability: second mind, basically it can
Think on its own allowing its user to fight at the same time which I realize isn't The most useful thing because of how you treat stands but it also allows for a great game of cat and mouse say have the owner be that guy in an intense chess match or who just got in a big fight with someone hmm?
>>
>>51739886
Any hints/tips/ideas on running a JoJo based game?
Some friends of mine have recently gotten into it and are already up to Part 6 (I'm up to date) and they're wanting me to run a game since our previous D&D has ended. I'm mainly wondering how to do "episodic" feeling sessions that are interesting and have that JoJo feel.
>>
>>51745244
Would be very interested to see your houserules
I have considered running Jojo in M&M and would love to see how someone else did it
>>
>>51752257
Not OP but villain of the week stuff. Set up an enemy, have them deal with it, then progress with the story.
Unless you want to go the SBR route and have recurring enemies that sometimes act as allies but sometimes backstab you
>>
>>51756174
^This
>>
I don't know why this is particularly bad.
But it is.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.