[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of ultramar and the death of 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1487032696046.jpg (397KB, 699x491px) Image search: [Google]
1487032696046.jpg
397KB, 699x491px
With things going this way, who else plans on jumping ship? Are there any other games we can play?
>Infinity?
>Dare I say.... warmachine?
>>
I plan on picking up RuneWars for my rank and file fantasy cravings.

Don't think 40k will die even if they DO butcher the lore as per the shitty bait-tier rumours, I just hope 8th doesn't suck ass.
>>
File: 1469748141693.jpg (23KB, 436x432px) Image search: [Google]
1469748141693.jpg
23KB, 436x432px
>>
It needs to die. The Imperium has lived for far too long. The time has come to break it into smithereens.
>>
>>51733823
>thinking the leaks are bait
>>
>>51731996
Relic Knights
>>
File: MagisterKnights3.jpg (160KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
MagisterKnights3.jpg
160KB, 900x506px
>>51731996
Well since I painted and collected DA and BT it looks like no matter how false all those fears and rumors we are still fucked, since Ward hates Dorn and Lion.
So, probably infinity, want to to looks how these guys will look in EYE colour scheme.
Fuck racetraitor Girlyman and false Imperium, for humanity and Lord! Deus Vult!
>>
>>51731996
>jumping ship?

On the contrary I'm really excited by the idea and I can't wait to get my 40k armies out again.

Hating on AoS is an old meme now, it's actually a solid fun game and it's no secret that 40k has become a bloated convoluted mess.
>>
>>51735502
>solid fun game
>AoS
pick one
>>
>>51735784
>>Memes
>>AoS
Try one
>>
>>51735828
>3+ to win
>not meme
pick one
>>
>>51731996
>Infinity
>warmachine
Well, which scale and setting do you enjoy more? Fantasy or SciFi? Wargame or skirmish?
>>
>>51731996
My first instinct was "If you haven't jumped the 40k ship by now....". =) That ship's been on fire and sinking for more than a decade.

Real answer: It depends on what kind of itch you're trying to scratch. What was it specifically about 40k that most pulled you in? A few thoughts on some of my favorite sci-fi games that may help:

Infinity is small model count (usually around 8 - 15 dudes) and extremely detail oriented. If the thing you liked most about 40K was tuning and re-tuning lists, and giving your doods all different configurations of equipment and weapons, this is the one for you.

Warmachine is heavily focused on the tactics aspect of wargaming - movement, positioning, line of sight, having the right unit for the job, and so on. The armies don't have much customization - it's really all about the fast and furious gameplay. It's the kind of thing where one tiny mistake can lose (or win) you the game.

Epic - I know, it's technically "dead" or whatever, but lots and lots of companies still make 6mm sci-fi stuff, and the rules are community maintained. Maybe the best rules set GW ever released. If you really love the 40K universe, this is THE way to experience it - it feels way more like the fluff of 40K than the main game ever managed to.

Dropzone Commander is another one in the similar vein as epic. It's 10mm scale (same as warmaster was), which makes tanks about 1.5 inches long. This one really goes for more of a modern-style sci-fi, as compared to the "weird WW2" of 40k. Rapid air insertion, capture the objective, and extract your troops before the opponent can stop you... all that good stuff. This one feels like the game Apocalypse wished it could have been.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.