[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did any of your characters in tabletop RPG had rival/nemesis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: the_duelists.jpg (30KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
the_duelists.jpg
30KB, 600x402px
Did any of your characters in tabletop RPG had rival/nemesis? How did it go?
>>
>>51728475
One of my GURPS characters decided he had one. Sci Fi setting, I was an alien whos egg had been thought to be fossilized. I decided the Museum Curator where I hatched was my nemesis as I ran out. I left a badly scratched note saying "I hate you, I will kill you". The Curator thought it was terrorism and vandalism....
>>
Kind of. My character ended up being the nemesis to another PC in the group. Neither of us knew, IC or OOC that our backgrounds matched up. He was the culmination of my past finally catching up to me to bite me in the ass, and I was the reason his life turned to shit and he started adventuring in the first place.

My character ran away, since he discovered it first, but only a day later his character found out and hunted me down. We had a pretty epic confrontation, a mix between us dueling eachother, while fending off waves of encroaching baddies that wanted to kill us both. I escaped, finishing the party split for good. Everyone ended up making another character to fill out our respective spot in "my" new party, and the old party. So now the campaign runs two simultaneous groups with differing, and somethings conflicting objectives.
>>
>>51729902
This is D&D done right.
>>
>>51728475
Killed nemesis at level 3.
"Well shit, that was my only reason to travel from Not-Russia to Not-China. Well, I've got to go now."
>>
>>51728475
Watched that film for the first time about a week ago. Pretty cool.
>>
in a CoC game set in the 30 years war, i was a Swedish war profiteer, my "nemesis" was this one MP who managed to figure out what I was doing. We wound up saving each other on multiple occasions
>>
>>51728475
My Character, Who is a half elf paladin, had a cousin who was racist towards humans. ended inadverntly hanging him
>>
File: duelists.jpg (44KB, 750x634px) Image search: [Google]
duelists.jpg
44KB, 750x634px
>>
>>51728475
I and the DM agreed for my PC to have a selfrighteous narcissistic selfproclaimed rival.
Basically a typical disgusting JRPG protag.
The party had a lot of fun each time he got BTFO.
>>
>>51728475
Pick it as starting disadvantage most of the time.
All kind of GMs forget about it most of the time or use it pretty quick, so I've got all the pros, without any cons.
>>
>>51736565
That's because it's very hard for a DM to suddenly introduce yet another main antagonist and eveb harder to not fuck the rest of the group too much.

In my table, if you pick that your character will probably not finish the campaign alive. We may play for a month without the enemy appearing, but the second he enters the scene you're fucked. Not instantly killed, but fucked.
>>
>>51736618
I don't give a fuck about your table, I'm just min-maxing here. And that's one of the best choices in most of systems, simply because most GMs forget you even pick one the very next day.

Also
>We may play for a month without the enemy appearing
>a month
Since when this is a long period?
>>
>>51736618
>Not holding off planning your campaign until after you've recieved their character sheets.
It's almost like you don't want to create a story with your players at all.
>>
My players have a rival party consisting of a very angry kickboxer, a samba loving samurai and his accompaniment/retainers, a ditzy demonologist, a curate who's alarmingly lucky, and Peter Lorre the rogue.

They're on a race to pray at the nine shrines of the goddess, so far it's 3 to 1 in favor of the players.
>>
>>51728475
Traveller has rivals and enemies built into character generation, so its quite common, have been a few in our campaigns. Usually they cause trouble and then the PCs murder them in an epic showdown
>>
>>51736564
It's kinda funny how the "JRPG protag" thing got parodied so often that now it describes the sort of people that end up humbled by said protag.
>>
>>51728475
Two of her former apprentices betrayed her for they thought they no longer needed her. She survived and hid in the Shadows until she found a apprentice worthy of her tutelage. She found her worthy apprentice in the form of a former paladin who was exiled from the order. They Form a Plan to Gather what was left of the Paladins/ From there she taught all what she knew to her all while manipulating her new apprentice. She also plotted revenge against both the Paladins for casting her out and her two former apprentice betraying her. During a Civil between a kingdom ravage by war, she told one of the enemy NPC that a group of Paladins the last of their kind were hiding in land engulf in smoke and ash that was cause by a Dark Lord.

While in fact they headed towards a Destroyed academy that was destroyed by the Dark Lord in the final months of the civil war. There My PC told her final Apprentice to go forth alone and talk to the remaining paladins while she rested. Everything was going fine, Until the Paladins Started blaming her apprentice for everything that had transpired. Instead of trying to understand her, nay even trying to talk to her, they would rather harm and kill her, on the simply basis that she was evil because the gods were terrified of her. The Arrogance. She came in and save her apprentice. After giving them a speech on why they ignorant fools, she cut them off from Magic. Their dependency to magic killed them.

Her Grand Plan was coming to a close. All know she needed to do was to kill her former apprentices. She went towards the Kingdom covered in Smoke and Ash. where another paladin was hiding. Or Rather a Former paladin. After a Small but poignant Talk. The Former Paladin no longer deluded herself into thinking she was working with the light. Sensing her final apprentice approaching into fighting her former apprentice she left to where it all began. There she subdued her former apprentice and told him to wait for her true apprentice. CONT?
>>
>>51728475

Yes, but it didn't end well for all the parties involved. See, this was basically a high-fantasy setting where there were seven flying Good cities, and one Evil city that had just emerged.

The bad guys, the descendants of demon-worshippers who'd been sealed away a long time ago, were pissed and wanted revenge. So while we were struggling to send them back into exile, the other side had a party who was trying to summon forth their masters.

The thing was, our rivals were fighting for what was best for their people. Over on their side, infernalism had become a way of life. So eventually they kidnapped the Princess of the capital city (ours) and her fiancee led us, his musketeers and crusaders, to get her back.

Unfortunately, Stockholm Syndrome took it's toll. When we finally found the Princess again and her fiancee was amping himself up for the final confrontation, the girl blurted out "Please don't kill him, I love him."

That put a huge dampener on everything. Anyway, in the final battle, our opposite number eventually surrendered and said "I surrender. I hope that, at least, I'll be able to see the Princess again. All I ask for is for leniency for my men." (I'm pretty sure he was actually in love with her.)

Obviously, her fiancee shoved his sword into his heart, then Spartan-kicked him into the Mouth of the Void with a "Stay the fuck away from my woman."
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.