[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best systems out there for playing Star Trek adventures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What are the best systems out there for playing Star Trek adventures?
>>
About a year ago, there was an anon who got SUPER TRIGGERED by Lasers and Feelings being recommended.
>>
>>51715022
But Lasers and Feelings is really good for it...?

>>51714997
The new Modiphus system is pretty solid.
>>
>>51715455
>The new Modiphus system is pretty solid.

How does it work? I'm not familiar with that system.
>>
>>51715455
>>51715022
I think I was in that thread
Hell, if it's the thread I'm thinking of I was the one who brought up L&F

The argument isn't entirely without merit desu, Lasers and Feelings could get tiresome really quickly if you're playing it as a campaign.

Still, it's great for one-shots, especially those of a Galaxy Quest persuasion.

Also pretty good as a "session -1" for absolute newbies to get them into the idea of roleplaying with as little fuss as possilbe, before moving on to a meatier system
>>
I thought the Last Unicorn games were the best I've seen of the "official" RPGs. Clean, functional system.
>>
>>51715564
They have a free playtest and you can get in on it easily.
http://www.modiphius notspam .com/star-trek.html
>>
>>51716928

Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
>>51716928
>Star Trek Adventures will be out Summer 2017
>Laughing but also crying Infinity backers
>>
File: SnS_Cover.png (404KB, 432x559px) Image search: [Google]
SnS_Cover.png
404KB, 432x559px
>>51714997
Don't know if you're still here OP, but Starships and Spacemen is good for a game that directly apes the feeling of ToS. With only a little bit of houseruling you could easily run an actual Star Trek game with it.
>>
>>51719840

Came here to post this. It was always a Trek-with-the-serials-filed-off, right from the start, and it's pretty damn good at it.
>>
>>51719840

Yeah I'm still here. Thanks, I'll hunt down the pdf right now.

How are the space battle rules?
>>
GURPS Prime Directive
>>
>>51716839
Seconding the Last Unicorn games.

Very easy to run, simple system, lots of granularity if you really wanted it, but plenty of room to improvise.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.