[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout Wargaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What are some good systems for Fallout wargaming? What are some good sources for miniatures and scenery? etc.
>>
>>51714813
This Is Not A Test is Fallout the Miniatures Game.
>>
>>51714853
What do you think of it?
>>
>>51714813
I guess mutants and beasties can be found in pretty much any post apoc range, but I've yet to found BoS figures outside of Brotjer Vinni.
>>
>>51714905
I'm aware of Vinni and love his minis. However, I've been looking for some "adventurer" looking minis that would fit in in a Fallout game.
I know Vinni has a few but they seem more STALKER-ish.
Also I've been having a hard time finding terrain.
>>
>>51714813
Midwest Brotherhood best factions 2 or 3 Paladins in full gear with Heavy / Energy, one Scribe Medic to babysit them, fill up the rest with disposable Tribal Recruits with grenades and you can roll over anything.
>>
File: thecoming.jpg (10KB, 184x293px) Image search: [Google]
thecoming.jpg
10KB, 184x293px
>>51714813
This should be right up your street.
>>
>>51714865
I'm not keen on the activation system. Its a little weird, you test when activating a model. If you pass, you get your full action points and get to activate another model after that one. If you fail, you get less AP and trade activation to your opponent afterwards.

There is a cool bit where all shooting is resolved at the same time at the end of the turn.
>>
>>51715159
But you'd still say it's the best for a Fallout minis game?
The reaction system sounds cool. I wasn't able to find a free PDF so I'd like to hear what /tg/ thinks about it before I drop money on it.
>>
>>51714929
Eden has some interesting minis, but theu're pretty big compared to Vinni and rather soft metal. I guess the problem in general is the more popular 32mm scale in skirmish games.
>>
>>51714813
Is there a good mini of the Ranger armor?
That one of Vinni is pretty good, but it misses something, dunno what though
>>
This is Not a Test is literally meant to be Fallout with the theme filed just slightly off. You have 'Shelter Dweller' rules, etc.

It's a fine system. Better than shit like Frostgrave. TNT's the closest to Mordheimish type campaigns I've seen in a bit.

Just get lots and lots of environmentals
>>
>>51715935
What scenery would you recommend?
>>
>>51715190
http://www114.zippyshare.com/v/V27Jh7jE/file.html
>>
>>51716265
Thanks!
>>
You could also try Showdown (Savage Worlds boiled down into a miniatures game) or Vortex (A d10 based generic system where you can design figures to your taste)
>>
>>51716265
Cancer site.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.