[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 38

File: 40593005_big_p1.jpg (716KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
40593005_big_p1.jpg
716KB, 1300x1300px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you handle divinties in your games? Are they always meddling in the affairs of mortals, or are they a footnote mostly only seen on the cleric's character sheet?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread: >>51698715
>>
>>51705775
>How do you handle divinties in your games?

Tenderly, keeping their needs at the front of my mind.
>>
>>51705775
Divinities in my settings are usually on the animistic side, and gain power from people thinking about them. Dead Gods can be resurrected if people start worshipping them, and suppressing their faithful literally weakens them.
>>
>>51705882
It seems that by the time I managed to pull my thoughts together the thread had officially been replaced. Here's a link should the anon being addressed be interested.
>>
>>51705775
I use them for major plots. In my present game Urgathoa's servant Barasthangas seeks to align with the Four Horsemen to overthrow the Pallid Princess and ascend to divinity herself.
>>
>>51705775
Divinities in my game work through visions and messages, typically to their faithful but sometimes to less religious folk. They don't interact directly much, but give plenty of orders and suggestions.
>>
>>51705986
I only have them interact in amusing, incognito mortal guises, and that only applies to the ones that have a sense of humor.
>>
>>51705900
Is it also where inventing a god and actually suckering people into worship creates a new one?
>>
Is it worth taking a 1 level warder dip for int to AoO as a wizard/harbinger gestalt?

It seems like a sweet dip but I'm not what you'd call experienced when weighing the benefits of initiator progression.
>>
>>51706067
Also a fun way to play them. And even lacking a sense of humor, some could be like Odin or Baba Yaga and test folks for stcking to hospitality laws or good manners.
>>
>>51706794

>tfw the Norse pantheon is not in Golarion or even vaguely in Golarion

Oh but the Egyptians are?
>>
>>51706954
...yes. Yes, they literally are.
>>
>>51706954
It actually kinda bothers me that they imported the Egyptians wholesale like that, but mostly because a whole lot of their shit revolved around the afterlife and in PF the afterlife is whatever the fuck Pharasma wants it to be.
>>
Does anyone actually use the divine signs that show up when a cleric is behaving/misbehaving by their God's standards? For example, Sarenrae apparently gives people haloes/nimbuses (among other things) if they're playing nice, but strikes them blind if they're being assholes. None of the DMs I've played with have used them.
>>
>>51707080

>All Shelyn does is guilt trip you into either asking forgiveness or leave the church
>>
>>51707080
Never even heard of them.
What book are they from?
>>
>>51707154
Considering Shelyn's former handmaiden is the goddess of "kys fag (but in a good way)" (Naderi) and her brother is CRAWLING IN MY SKIN (Zon-Kuthon), Shelyn is probably just making sure her fallen adherents don't an hero or make pipe organs powered by screaming children.
>>
How hung up do you guys get on overland movement and scale? I'm making an overworld, hexagonal, and trying to figure out what semi-arbitrary distance to assign to each hex. Though I guess I could just leave it as feet or N/A (it's a roll20 game) and let the players guess for themselves if they care.
>>
>>51707080
>Sarenrae strikes assholes blind
And yet her terror cells are totally fine
>>
>>51707259
Inner Sea Gods (and Inner Sea Faiths for the minor gods). I think the Campaign Setting had the basics too, but didn't go into detail.
>>
Is it possible to get an actual fully grown Roc for a companion or at least to hang out with like a buddy? These things are gargantuan but the animal companion versions can only grow to Large size.
How do I get big bird?
>>
>>51707366
Animal Growth?
>>
>>51705775
Suffice to say, Divine Betrothed are already VERY common in the games I play in... so, y'know. Take that for what it's worth.
>>
Did the other general thread get deleted because of the anime picture?

This thread also has an anime picture in the OP...
>>
>>51707366
You can buy a full-sized riding Roc for 7,200gp or a combat trained riding Roc for 10,800gp.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/goods-and-services/animals-animal-gear/#Riding_Animals
>>
>>51707410
It's only for a minute per level, though. Any suggestions on making it permanent for the bird?
>>
>>51707276
50m for skirmish scale
100m for standard ground scale
500m for air combat
1km for space
>>
>>51707278

RELIGION OF PEACE
>>
>>51706266

There's a reason that evil cults getting to a certain size is dangerous. The more people they gather and the more worship they garner, the more powerful they become and the risk of them being able to affect the world becomes greater.
>>
>>51707501
So...I'm going to run an AP for my group soon. I ran Reign of Winter before and liked it.

Which one should I run?
>>
>>51707515

What *kind* of campaign do you want?
>>
>>51707526
Well...
I want to start between level 4 and 6. I want there to be an overarching goal/conflict, but I want to allow the party to solve/interact with that as they see fit.
>>
>>51707366
Mammoth Rider, make it huge, broker an infernal bargain with you Gm/Satan to allow animal growth to work with Permanency.
>>
>>51707546

>I want there to be an overarching goal/conflict, but I want to allow the party to solve/interact with that as they see fit.

That can mean anything from Rise of the Runelords to Wrath of the Righteous.

Personally, if you want maximum "do it at your own pace" than I'd aim for Kingmaker.
>>
>>51707571
Is there a list of "these are not shit" adventure paths that pazio has made?
>>
>>51707611
THere's a list of "it's shit" AP

Serpent's Skull (falls flat after a strong start)
Carrion Crown (f"we forgot to foreshadow the final boss)
Wrath of the Righteous (Problem with mythic rather than the AP itself)
Legacy of FIre ("AH, I forgot this existed" the AP)
Second Darkness (It's just a mess)
Council of Thieves (Mediocre to the core)

These are not BAD BAD per se, save for Darkness, but they have the most glaring problems
>>
>>51707642
What's the problem with mythic?
>>
>>51707611

Every AP needs a little polish to make them shine, but a few need a bit more spit than others.

If you want something that works good right out of the box, I'd go with Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Shattered Star, Iron Gods, Skulls and Shackles, Giantslayer and Jade Regent.

If you want something that's great after a couple weeks of editing on your part? Kingmaker, Wrath of the Righteous.

Of all those, the ones I recommend most are Skulls and Shackles, Curse of the Crimson Throne and Jade Regent.

>>51707657

Absolutely nothing if you realize it's going to make the game easy mode for certain people. Do realize you're talking to people who tear things apart and optimize their use.
>>
>>51707642

I wanna hear more about WotR and its problems and mythic stuff.

All I've heard is that at one point Iomedae summons the characters against their will, imprisons them, immediately slays any snarky PCs, and then forces the rest to undergo a trivia quiz where wrong answers or hesitation delivers lethal amounts of sonic damage to the entire party.

"Lawful Good"
>>
>>51707657
It ranges from non-functional to way overpowered to not at all impressive.
>>
>>51707700
>I wanna hear more about WotR and its problems and mythic stuff.

Wrath of the Righteous has problems that are surprisingly topical - they're all things that can be fixed with altered pronouns, a few names changed here and there, or altering the tone of an encounter. All in all, it's nothing that shouldn't take more than a lazy afternoon with a little spillover into the next day.

Iomedae's encounter isn't as bad as people make it out to be - it's dumb, but you can see where Paizo was trying to go with it. All you need to do is change the dynamics of the encounter from one where you're punished mechanically for an incorrect answer, to one where you're merely punished through fluff (less, "roll for damage" and more "she blares her horns, your ears are ringing and it hurts like hell")

Mythic is the only aspect of WotR that is inherent to the AP and truly a bitch to either rip out or fix. My advice? Embrace it - your players might abuse it, your players might not, but regardless of their intentions it will be *fun* for them, and if you see things are getting too easy than you can always pad out an encounter or add an extra zero to some HP.
>>
>>51707700
>>51707657
Mythic itself is unbalanced as it heavily favors players. Any good player can, without much optimization, overpower enemies easily without taking too much damage in the process.

As for the AP it's only real problems on itself are that it's entirely a "Good" AP which proves that Kurgess is the only real paladin god and that it's railroaded, which may or may not be a gamebreaker, but everything is set on a path you can't deviate from. It's decently written, has some interesting characters you come across and does make you feel like a god chosen hero besides that.
>>
>>51707751
Why do people have issues with APs being railroaded? They're meant to tell a story and PCs fucking off and doing their own shit isn't conducive to that. It's an adventure -path-. Follow that path.
>>
>>51707927
>Why do people have issues with APs being railroaded?

Same reason you have people who beg for an airship in their campaign - they care more about their vision of the character's story more than the DM's presentation of a story.

It's why you should make a character with ties to the region or, if you can't do that, backstory-justified reasons for being in that region.
>>
>>51707927

The best part is Wrath of the Righteous railroads you into being an unconquerable god among mortals, a being equal in might and majesty as Baba Yaga (Level 20, Mythic 10) without the misanthropy.

It comes down to being less a matter of wanting a different type of character build, and more you want a different type of character development, which just makes me think "why the fuck did you join a Crusades campaign if you don't want to be a Crusader?"
>>
>>51707927
There is a reason why Paizo learned to start the railroad from the very beginning of the AP
These days the player guide itself tells you to make a character who cares about the stakes the AP sets up.
If you just wanted to freeroam roleplay, you don't need an AP for that
>>
>>51708037
>These days the player guide itself tells you to make a character who cares about the stakes the AP sets up.

The number of people who refuse to read the Player's Guide or even consider the campaign traits they offer is absurd.

Hell, didn't the older APs have outright explanations why different *classes* would be in the region?
>>
Making my first ever high-level character (10)
Is it even worth it to get heavy armor? The speed penalty hurts a lot and all it's doing is giving me up to +5 AC over a chain shirt. Feels like I could just grab a mithril breastplate and some wondrous item that grants concealment and be done for defensive gear. Am I wrong?
>>
>>51708062
Can't be sure.
I mean all player guides give hints which classes will fit the best
>>
>>51708107

Heavy Armor looks damn spiffy at the higher levels, if you don't need the Dex than I don't see why you wouldn't wear some full plate?
>>
File: Varying Degrees of Disgust.jpg (502KB, 1174x943px) Image search: [Google]
Varying Degrees of Disgust.jpg
502KB, 1174x943px
>tfw no merchant campaign in Druma
>>
>>51708107
>speed penalty hurts a lot
Get the Fusing property from psionics if 3pp is allowed. +1 cost, makes the armor count as one category lighter, stacking with mithral so that your speed isn't reduced.
>>
File: ad0.gif (990KB, 277x190px) Image search: [Google]
ad0.gif
990KB, 277x190px
>>51708210

Make one. I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest.
>>
>>51708248
Hmm.
But is it worth 18.5k?
It gives me +9 AC and no armor check penalty, but I could have +6 AC and no armor check penalty with a mithral breastplate for just 4.5k. Is that 3 AC worth 14k gp? I could put that money to much better use, I think...
>>
Anyone here ever play/theorycraft a zweisent/dervish Warder with a double weapon?
Seems alright on paper to me. Thoughts?
>>
>trying to boost my attack bonus to compensate for being a 3/4th BaB "frontliner"
>starting to actually consider taking Greater Weapon Focus down the line because of my own numbers autism

Some days I wonder why I play anything but Big Dumb Martial characters, since I'm clearly a sperg who's too stupid and/or lazy to try to do smart people things like "properly play the superior caster/gish classes".
>>
>>51708323
>18.5k
Fusing is +1, so a +1 Fusing Mithral Full plate is worth 14.5k gp
Also, if you can pregame craft, you'll at most need 5 ranks in craft (armor) to make your own mithral full plate for 3.5k, making it just 7.5k total in price.
>>
I'm trying to find a creative way to play a slayer, one that doesn't involve being a TWF-ing full attack turret.
Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>51708465

Stealth archer.

Become the hunter. One shot, one kill.
>>
>>51708465
You're playing a martial in pathfinder, you're probably going to turn into some kind of full attack turret. That said there are lots of different play styles that you can build a slayer around other than TWF. Two of my favorites are sniper/archer builds or intimidating two-handed builds.
>>
>>51708483
Are there any feats or magic items that would help with the sniper build?
It actually sounds like a fun idea.
>>
>>51708483
>Become the hunter. One shot, one kill.

This does not work AT ALL in Pathfinder, if you expect to actually kill anything more dangerous than a deer.
>>
>>51708381
Usually all 3/4th bab classes that are meant to kill stuff have some buff that makes up for it
What class?
>>
>>51708514
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/e-g/goggles-sniper-goggles/
>>
>>51708509
I have made a rogue, an inquisitor, and an archaeologist bard as two-handed intimitanks, it is my very favorite kind of character to play
>>
File: alldosehamboigahs.jpg (15KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
alldosehamboigahs.jpg
15KB, 195x259px
>>51708542
>sneak attack from any distance
>>
>>51708526

Refluff multiple shots as being one arrow (and missed iterations as being less accurate than a full attack that completely hits) and you get something very, very close to that.

Extend your ranged sneak attack range, pump your flat number bonuses and get a strong stealth score, and you can play the guy taking out a squad, one arrow at a time.
>>
>>51708561
Mix with a dip into warpriest for the air blessing and assassinate the king from the next kingdom over.
>>
>>51708526
Can attest. Playing a Bolt Ace Gunslinger with a heavy crossbow, and it's pretty much worthless against anything beyond human-scale. Granted, part of it is due to bad rolls, but there is an inherent weakness to the concept without any sort of magic or other shenanigans that could be better accomplished by another class.
>>
>>51708561
>>51708583
Neither of those abilities change your maximum range, though.
>>
>>51708381
>Taking Greater Weapon Focus purely for the attack bonus
>>
>>51708561

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo-rogue-talents/superior-sniper/

Slayers can take Rogue talents, by the way.
>>
>>51708583

>Gain Mythic rank
>Take Endless Range
>Longbow can now hit without penalty from 700 feet
>>
>>51708622
The Slayer can pick Rogue Talents from the following list; bleeding attack*, camouflage, combat trick, fast stealth, finesse rogue, firearm training, grit, hard to fool, lasting poison, powerful sneak, rogue crawl, slow reactions*, snap shot, sniper's eye, surprise attack, swift poison, terrain mastery, trap spotter, unwitting ally, or weapon training.
>>
>>51708540
Magus, it's probably just me being paranoid and not accounting for things like flanking, or just going invisibly, or what have you. I'm just very used to just being able to go "fun's over, get out of my pool" without any elaborate setups any time the plot-moving PCs actually get in danger.
>>
>>51708761
Eww, Magus
Magus is a one-trick pony.
>>
>>51708761
Nothing really elaborate needed. Just spend a swift action to juice up your sword with arcane pool. It stacks with existing enhancement, even.
>>
>>51708761
You can take the Arcane Accuracy magus arcana to give yourself an insight bonus on attack rolls for 1 round every time you spend a point of arcane pool.
>>
There is a balance. If one side does something then the other side can do an equal and opposite action. So most divine and infernal deities work in minor miracles. Including but not limited to:
>Modifying "Random" spell effects to be more beneficial.
>Vauge divination results that allow the party to avoid a dangerous battle.
>You find a silver great axe under an overturned wagon two hours before fighting were-creatures.
>>
Newfag here: psionics, yay or nay?
>>
>>51708901
Yay. I'm not crazy about their flavor personally, but balance-wise they're really well done.
>>
File: Chaika On the floor and Sad.png (185KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Chaika On the floor and Sad.png
185KB, 400x400px
>>51708783
I know, I just finally got a chance to play one after 2 years of wanting to and didn't want to pass up the chance. I can only hope that the future holds brighter things.

>>51708823
>>51708834
I guess so, they just don't feel particularly impressive after a while, especially with the limp list of weapon qualities you get. Made worse by the fact that you have to spend an arcana, in order to spend MORE pool points to get... Qualities you have to trade your +1's for anyway? On top of the inability to extend the duration of the buff outside of the 3pp Arcana to a meaningful amount of time to counter the increased costs.
>>
>>51708937
just ignore the weapon qualities and go all-in on the bonuses.
>>
All this talk about Wrath of the Righteous makes me want to play it!
>>
>>51709011
Yea, sooner or later you'll HAVE to dip into weapon qualities and the list is pretty darn lame. It especially hurts since Bladebound is one of my favorite archetypes.
>>
What do you guys read when you want to restore your well of narrative creativity? I'm at the point where I used to be good at wordplay or descriptions, but the past couple sessions have shown I'm in a rut.

I'm going back to old habits to see if that doesn't fix my spark, but what do you guys do?
>>
>>51709124
Laying face down screaming until my neighbor bangs on the wall normally helps me.
>>
>>51709124
I go here to /tg/ and look for/make a horror stories thread.
Reading about people forcing characters to walk over to and fall into a pit of crocodiles firstly pisses me off and secondly makes me re-create the entire thing in my head but well instead of badly. Really activates my almonds if you will.
>>
>>51709016
There is that Wrath of the Raunchy gearing up, might as well apply, yeah?
>>
Anyone got suggestions for really cool wondrous items in the 15-30k price range?
I've got a big list of cool shit, but the most expensive one there is 12k and I've got a lot of gold burning a hole in my pocket.
I've got Black Market Connections thanks to our Rogue and we're in a metropolis so I can buy basically anything.
Not looking for combat tools specifically, I'd prefer really cool/useful items instead. Stuff like portable hole, you know.
>>
>>51709283
Anything that bumps up one of your class abilities by 4 levels' worth. Robe of Arcane Heritage, Silver Smite Bracelet, etc.
>>
Is Boarding Gaff the only double weapon with reach?
>>
>>51709283

Tools of Amazing Manufacture are 10k and allow you, with the proper craft skill, to build up to 2,000 gp worth of goods in 1 hour per day.
>>
>>51709256

Isn't it already done with the whole application thing?
>>
>>51709367

No, this is going to be a mountain of butthurt whn only like 6/40 are chosen.
>>
>>51709391

Since you seem cognizant of the whole thing, can you tell me what sorts of backgrounds or character archetypes are missing or would be greatly appreciated? I've got some ideas, but I'd like to know if they line up with some pressing need.
>>
>>51709434

It's so bad that we're starting to see characters that are basically clones of one another in applications
>>
I'm a level 2 human Barbarian. My saves are looking like this, while raging:
Fort: +10 (12 against spells/su/sla)
Ref: +4 (6 against spells/su/sla)
Will: +8 (10 against spells/su/sla)

Is this enough?
>>
>>51709572
It's okay, on average better than any non-paladin for your level.
Work on your Will save when you start getting up there in levels. Your Reflex save probably won't be as necessary, since failing one of those usually just means more damage, and as a Barbarian you should be able to tank a big hit or two.
>>
>>51709572
Yeah only triple what they have by default
What the fuck are you afraid
>>
>>51709548

Any native Kellids or proper Mendevian career-crusaders?

Does anyone look like they have the potential to wear a crown?
>>
Flying creatures can't fly if medium load carry weight, correct?
>>
My GM wanted us to play a Gestalt game. I decided to not play a full initiator or full caster on either side. Instead I'm a half initiator and 4 level faster as a Bloodrager/Paladin.

However my GM has been complaining that apparently all my defenses are too high. I'm not really sure why this is a problem in a party with a warder/alchemist, a cleric/stalker, and a oracle/warlord

I'm the only non full caster/initiator (save the alchemist)
>>
>>51709668
red flag, don't play
>>
>>51709688
I've been playing for 6 sessions already. This is the first problem so far.
>>
>>51709695
How's your defenses?
>>
>>51709714
At level 9 I hover around +30 to my saves and 42 AC
>>
>>51709749
>apparently all my defenses are too high
>paladin immunities
>42 AC and +30 on saves
Good lord.
>>
>>51709749
And how do you feel about this yourself
>>
>>51709885
I feel sturdy
>>
>>51709918
That is an understatement
Self-reflect a little
>>
>>51709391
Tbsh famm half the apps are about a paragraph long and its almost always about how the character likes it in the ass. The other quarter is unfinished so that leaves us with like 10 apps unless the gm is really into specific types of twink fuccbois and shortstack gag slaves.
>>
>>51709749
This just in: you don't have to be a ZS|Divination Wizard to be a powergaming shitlord. More at 11.
>>
>>51709853
How the fuck do you have +30 to saves
>>
>>51709962
nice stormwind assfag
>>
File: 1456688811113.jpg (66KB, 825x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1456688811113.jpg
66KB, 825x1100px
>>51709953

>tfw no undead races to play a Crusader fighting a war purely to give his undeath meaning, Dark Souls style

Alternatively, how well-received would a character heavily inspired by Nioh be, right down to having an adorable Guardian Spirit that guides and protects him?

Paladin (Chosen One) || ??? obviously, I'm thinking Avowed for the ??? but that seems a touch memey.
>>
>>51709749
/pfg/ seeth the bait and /pfg/ taketh it anyways.
>>
>>51710010

About as well as any other character whose mechanics explicitly include a waifu.
>>
>>51710010
>Le dark souls
>Le nioh
What a fucking pleb shitlord
>>
>>51709983
senpai that is not remotely what stormwind is
>>
>>51709973
Divine favor, destined bloodline, superstition, Bloodrager, my stance, etc.
>>
>>51709749
JESUS CHRIST HOW?
>>
>>51710081
It's okay, nobody who quotes fallacies in an internet argument actually understands what they're saying. They're just morons who think it's an automatic win button.
>>
>>51710081
yeah i know it was intentional tomfoolery
>>
>>51709605
There's a mostly-Kellid application, but he's not really culturally so.
>>
>>51707642
>Council of Thieves (Mediocre to the core)
Explain further please?
>>
>>51710118
>>51710124
okay! I hope you have a great day!
>>
>>51710010
Why even bother if its just going to be another expy from the latest fad?
No thanks, i'll take the shortstack gagslut instead
>>
File: 1452529539914.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1452529539914.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>51710054
>>51710046
>>51710135

Well alright then, how about a Slayer who's Kellid to the core? How many ranged types are there in the applications?

I'm trying to get a feel for the game, guys. What's oversaturated, what's toxic, and what is practically gold for a WotR campaign but surprisingly unnoticed by other applicants.
>>
>>51710145
Now, some people like this sort of game. Because it's down-to-earth or "low fantasy" or whatever.
But Council of Thieves has the lowest possible stakes of any AP, likely of any published campaign. You're in a city doing cloak-and-dagger stuff, and...that's it. The villains have no actual means to affect the world, the heroes have no actual means to affect the world, and the AP ends with a whimper.
>>
>>51710161

To put this in perspective, you're in a city that Cheliax has more or less forgotten about and the ultimate goal of the biggest bad is to... Become the new mayor of the city.
>>
>>51710159
If you're trying to make the perfect app to grab the GM's attention, you're going about it wrong. Don't even try to be original, just do something fun.

Just try not to make another trap or bimbo knight.
>>
Gonna be playing a monk of Kofusachi, the god of joy and prosperity. Looking to load up on magic items so I can spread said joy and prosperity to people wherever I go.
Here's the list so far, please feel free to give me some suggestions:

Need:
Item that generates or preserves high quality food
Item that entertains children and simple folk
Item that alleviates non-adventurer diseases and injuries (arthritis, missing teeth, bad knees, etc.)
Item that plays music on it's own

Have:
Decanter Of Endless Water
Marvelous Pigments
Tengu Drinking Jug
Flask of Endless Sake
>>
>>51710159
Why don't you just look at the applications yourself?
>>
>>51710176
So is the AP over at level 6?
>>
>>51710189

It's over at level 12.
>>
>>51710176
>>51710189
>>51710199
This seems like the kind of AP that exists for GMs to modify into something exciting, and higher-stakes, good lord
>>
>Game with rolled stats
>Roll stats
>Don't like them
>Don't play the game

Why does anyone still think is a good idea?
>>
>>51710222

Rolling stats, or not playing games because you don't like the stats you rolled?

Either way, a lot of people prefer point-buy.
>>
>>51710159
Try a berserk clone - that should be right up your alley.
>>
>>51710183
>If you're trying to make the perfect app to grab the GM's attention, you're going about it wrong. Don't even try to be original, just do something fun.

That's my major malfunction, dude.

I make concepts I enjoy based on the guidelines and limitations of a campaign's scope more than the sheer variety of options available to me.

That said, I really want to try out the Avowed and I really want to try a Ranged character since I tend to favor melee!
>>
>>51710222
>Roll20
>Rolling for stats
Two guys roll for shit and ctr+f4 immediately, never to be seen again. Another tries to bullshit and says he already rolled via a dice app or with real dice and claims his crazy stats are legit and another guy rolls stats for a mad class but wants a sad class while the other gets the latter.
>>
File: a0d.gif (194KB, 477x456px) Image search: [Google]
a0d.gif
194KB, 477x456px
>>51710176

Something wrong with being the mayor?
>>
>>51710319

>Wanting to be the mayor of a rinky-dink metropolis in a nation of devil worshipers.

You're two-bit! TWO-BIT!
>>
>>51708526
It can at later levels with a slayer that takes assassinate and one level dips into shadow dancer then buys snipers goggles. Shoot to kill, if it fails move, hide if it succeeds, move hide and get ready to pick your next target, the only problem is it requires a standard action limiting you to attacking every other round.
>>
>>51708606
The max range on a composite long bow is 1100 ft, you will be hard pressed to see things at that range.
>>
>>51710469
There are ways around this issue
>>
>>51710453
>Slayer into shadow dancer
Jesus its like youre stacking the worst possible classes. May as well vmc gunslinger while youre at it.
>>
>>51710474
Yes but when are you actually fighting at over 1100 ft? I have never seen this actually come up in game.
>>
>>51710540
Sniping is extremely effective at completely preventing encounters from happening
>>
>>51710540
Sniping the enemy army before they come into range of your army.
Got a nasty plan with a character with limitless range and Silver Crane Spiral for the next time the DM throws an army battle at us.
>>
>>51710524
It's like you don't understand that it is the best way to make a one shot one kill sniper, as it has a save or die ability at level 10 and Shadow dancer is for good hips as it is the easiest way to get it, you could do it with assassin but assassin needs to study longer and gets hips later.
>>
>>51710573
>limitless range
Explain
>>
File: 1400713071738.png (158KB, 515x590px) Image search: [Google]
1400713071738.png
158KB, 515x590px
>>51710574
>good hips
>>
File: 1459726328313.png (7KB, 308x284px) Image search: [Google]
1459726328313.png
7KB, 308x284px
Are there any decent game streams/write ups anywhere?
or fics
>>
>>51710540
I do it a lot with my Mythic Ranger. I have no max range and no penalty for distance on perception. I also have Smite Evil and Greater Named Bullet. This is in Wrath of the Righteous

It ends with a several hundred mile sniper shot I do from orbit on a platform we constructed. It auto threatens a crit and I have 2 rerolls to try and confirm. If I confirm it tops out at around 1600 damage because of mythic vital strike tree.

Nothing survives that. Character earned the title "Bolt from the Blue".
>>
>>51710589
check out critical role on youtube
>>
>>51710589

I'd recommend looking at the Archives and Recruiting games on Myth-Weavers for that. There's a lot of trash and even more middling roleplay, but through the grime you can sift out an understanding of what to and not to do in a roleplay.
>>
>>51710582

Limitless Range is a Mythic ability that multiplies your weapon's effective range by x5.

This means you are now able to fire at enemies, without penalty, at 550 feet with a longbow.

It also removes your maximum range for a weapon, meaning with enough To-Hit and a solid explanation to your DM, you can fire at someone on the other side of the country or even the world and it might hit.
>>
>>51710602
So what gives you no perception loss from distance?
Also it requires mythic which is not in 90% of games meaning it would not be viable in them.
>>
>>51710216
My favorite thing about Council of Thieves is the second book, where you have to participate in a forbidden, highly lethal Chelaxian opera performance in order to get an in with the nobility. I feel that can be ripped out and used as a standalone module.
>>
>>51710353

>Not wanting to take advantage of how little anyone cares about the city by making it your personal playground and get paid for doing so

See my assistant about making an appointment so I can laugh at you.
>>
>>51710643
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-feats/eagle-eyes-mythic/

And yeah, unlimited range 1 shot automatic kills require mythic. Otherwise I'm limited to a 2 mile range. Though as a range with a few scrolls you can get some really bullshit stuff going with sniping by hiding inside of a rock and shooting out of it. Easy Peasy full cover.
>>
Council of Thieves worked as a good way to cleanse yourself of most extreme silly plot complications some APs end up at

When we ran Council of thieves, it ended up feeling much more personal than most dungeon crawls
>>
>>51710574
But anon hips is shit and so is assasinate.
>>
File: 1453407364475.jpg (127KB, 450x576px) Image search: [Google]
1453407364475.jpg
127KB, 450x576px
>Get told to read WotR application thread
>Read it
>mfw it's all women, twinks, and try-hard anime characters
>>
Personally I liked Council of Thieves.

To liken it to another series I count it as a similar difference between Jojo Part 3 and 4. Jojo Part 3 was high intensity and high stakes, if the heroes failed Dio planned world domination. In Jojo Part 4 was high intensity and low stakes. If they failed at worst Morioh town would have a woman die every 6 months to Kira. While tragic it isn't exactly world shattering.

I personally am much more fond of lower stakes, but high intensity villains. It feels far more personal.
>>
File: tumblr_ohxrxmRqkb1u5c7y4o2_1280.png (460KB, 1280x1375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohxrxmRqkb1u5c7y4o2_1280.png
460KB, 1280x1375px
>>51710703
>Hips are shit

PLEBIAN
>>
>>51710720
Gonna be honest anon, I'm doing my application right now and I don't fall into any of those categories. Of course I also have the Divine Virginity feat so I am literally incapable of ERP. I have this as a freaky fish man.
>>
File: 06d.jpg (44KB, 380x348px) Image search: [Google]
06d.jpg
44KB, 380x348px
>>51710723

I think he's referring to Hide in Plain Sight.

Also, nice.
>>
>>51710723
Play a game to a level where you get it and tell me it isnt.

Just get umd and a wand of greater invis or beg the wizard to waste one of his precious actions on your suboptimal combat style
>>
>>51710723

Too much hip.
>>
>>51710668
A mile gives you a -528 to perception, so you would need to make a perception check of 518 to see someone.
Even with skill unlock perception you are looking at -176.
>>51710703
Hips is not shit and assassinate is the best way to do what was asked.
>>
>>51710753
You can get it at level 6.
>>
>>51710763
>Even with skill unlock perception you are looking at -176.

Oh that's easy.

Take Eagle Eyes (Mythic), and if you burn one mythic point you're allowed to ignore all distance penalties for one round.
>>
>>51710782
And how do you know there is an enemy there to see? It's not like you have unlimited points to spend.
>>
>>51710763
>>51710763
>A mile gives you a -528 to perception, so you would need to make a perception check of 518 to see someone.
Did you read mythic eagle eyes? You spend a point of mythic power to remove ALL penalties.
>>
>>51710763
>Wait forever to setup the kill shot while the party polishes their dice or spend a limited use ability
>Monsters at that CR have a fair chance of saving
>In the end the not shit members of the group (everyone but you) does the actual killing less the edge and bullshit
>>
>>51710799
That's what a good telescope's for.

The highest tier one divides the range penalty by 250.
>>
>>51710799
You scope out the area with a telescope first then line up the shot. Essentially you have a telescope spotter. A spotter with Scry also works.
>>
>>51710799
>And how do you know there is an enemy there to see?

Zero.

Distance.

Penalties.
>>
>>51710659
My Hell's Vengeance character's backstory is tied to The Trials of Larazod!
>>
Anybody know where I can find text logs of a game as an example? I've watched videos of PF/D&D games, so I know how those go, but I ended up getting cajoled into running a text-only game for a bunch of friends, through roll20. Anything would be fine.
>>
>>51710720
Lets be honest here. The party will likely consist of 4 macho men and that genderbending vigilante and they will never leave the starting area.

The game will take the better course of 6 months before they dissolve and all they would have done was peg the trap.
>>
>>51710799
>And how do you know there is an enemy there to see?
I don't think you're understanding 0 distance penalties. It's like Superman's orbital hearing bullshit essentially.
>>
>>51710861
>The party will likely consist of 4 macho men and that genderbending vigilante and they will never leave the starting area.

They don't even have four macho men in the applications!
>>
>>51710825
Or the guy with scry decides youre not worth the trouble and kills them himself.
>>
>>51710887

You do realize the Spotter is probably there because they want to see an arrow fly out of the aether and smash into a target at supersonic speeds, right?
>>
>>51710826
So you spend mythic points every six seconds until you run out to see if anyone is there?
>>51710811
>>51710815
>>51710825
>>51710826
But you are all right, with mythic you can do it better other ways, but that is not a good general way of doing it as most games do not ever use mythic.
The slayer can still fight at 1100 ft with a save or die and the ability to skirmish.
>>
>>51710880
>>51710861

>that feel when you made a macho man, but are afraid that all the traps and bimbo knights (mostly lesbians) will get priority over you since men aren't popular in lewds

ANXIETY
>>
>>51710887
And have a far harder time of it? There is essentially no way to survive the sniper shot. The spotter risks a lot more by not using the sniper kill.

Only an idiot would decide "it wasn't worth it".

Likely in order to kill him the spotter would have to be within 1000 feet. With the sniper you don't even need to be on the same continent.
>>
>>51710868
What part of spend a mythic point do you not understand?
>>
>>51710939
>afraid that all the traps and bimbo knights (mostly lesbians) will get priority over you since men aren't popular in lewds

This is patently false, as many of the recent ERP games have proven well-built straight male characters are lusted for like a starving dog lusts for a prime cut of steak.
>>
>>51710952
Yes, you have someone spotting for you, then you spend 2 mythic points and fire. I don't see your point. The build I am mentioning was for Wrath of the Righteous, a mythic campaign.
>>
>>51710946
>With the sniper you don't even need to be on the same continent
Depends on elevation actually and the surrounding terrain, when you start measuring miles horizon, forests, Hills and other Los blockers start becoming issues.
>>
>>51710887
>Or the guy with scry decides youre not worth the trouble and kills them himself.
And put himself at 100x the risk because he likely need to be in the same room as the enemy to kill him where as the sniper doesn't? Heck, being in a building doesn't save the guy either because Brilliant energy exists. He has to be both in a building and undead for the shot not to work (or a construct I suppose).
>>
>>51710946
>Essentially no way to survive
>Assassinate
Maybe if youre fighting commoners who spend their lives standing still in the open
>>
>>51710758
>>51710723
I've seen real girls with those exact same proportions.
They are my cousins.
The one I'm close to wants my dick, and I'd give it to her vigorously were she not in a relationship with a man hating, gun toting bulldyke
>>
>>51710835
Kinda curious how. Do tell. Better than listening to people fellate mythic more.
>>
>>51710939
>bimbo knights (mostly lesbians)

[Citation Needed]

Just because a girl likes pounding demons in the front doesn't mean she hates getting pounded in the back!
>>
>>51710966
Which is not in the context of the original question.
>>51708465
>>
>>51710998
>Depends on elevation actually and the surrounding terrain, when you start measuring miles horizon, forests, Hills and other Los blockers start becoming issues.
The idea is you do this from orbit using a necklace of adaptation and a temporary platform held up by Sky Hook feather tokens.

You need to spotter for the following things:
>scry
>teleport
>air bubble
However if you're a ranger sniper you can air bubble yourself. The platform is set up with materials out of a portable hole.
>>
>>51711013
I'm not talking about assassinate and never was. The build I am talking about uses Named Bullets and Smite Evil (if applicable) and tops out, using Mythic Vital Strike at a near certain 1600 damage.

Assassinate is weak sauce.
>>
>>51711036
Oh, I entered into the conversation when talking about sniping because I like sniping.
>>
>This ridiculous idea of "sniping"
>In pathfinder
>Needs a million resources to pull it off
>Needs everyone in the party to cooperate and support him on this venture
I really wish you do get picked for raunchy. Just so I can read the greentext about how everyone is forced to run the game with one less party member because they're dragging around a useless sack of shit.
>>
>>51711043
>Orbit
-52272 to view penalties, even with cutting it down by 75% your spotter won't see anything so you spend two mythic points for six seconds of action. Woo, now once you run out you are useless, this is just more theory crafting shit.
>>
File: 671c2089c5d7c8a2043b1c78ea5a01e1.jpg (130KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
671c2089c5d7c8a2043b1c78ea5a01e1.jpg
130KB, 800x1000px
>planning Wrath of the Raunchy character
>end up with Bred for War Insinuator Anti-paladin/Bloodrager muscle bound conquerer who came up north in and attempt to become a hero-king
>Homosexual
>Pic related for character art
>Formed his own militant order going north "The Crow's Men" (currently only him and his squire in it)
>Has squire as his butt boy
>Plans on using this crusade to set himself up as a great hero who closed the World Wound
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
306KB, 593x540px
Should I go for QUALITY or full-dex on a ranged build.

I've got pointaloons for either 18 dex 16 strength or 18 dex 14 strength.
>>
>>51711140
Your spotter is using scry.

>>51711119
Not everyone, you need two guys. One who can cast teleport/scry and one who has the build.
>>
>>51711140
I dont think he read the penalties for perception. Faggot probably thinks scoring a nat 20 on skill checks is an auto success.
>>
>>51711177
So not only are you not contributing to the party, but you are also robbing them of the most valuable party resource?
>>
>>51711167
The str will make a difference of one damage if you use a composite longbow, that is the difference, honestly? You could spend your points better.
>>
>>51711178
>>51711140
Let me run through events for you.

>Caster uses Scry
>Caster now knows general location of target
>Ranger casts Named Bullet
>Ranger spends two mythic points for Mythic Eagle Eye and Mythic Far Shot
>Ranger examines location of scry
>Ranger fires using Mythic Vital Strike Named Bullet Smite Evil
>Autothreatens crit
>Enemy Dies
>>
>>51711211
We all get it and its still shit.
>>
>>51711197
>So not only are you not contributing to the party, but you are also robbing them of the most valuable party resource?
Being able to kill any target that is not both a undead/construct & indoors (has to be both at the same time or doesn't help them) does not seem to be "not contributing" while not putting the party at risk.
>>
>>51711167
Is your character super strong or just above average strong?
>>
>>51711227
I have seen no actual reasoning of why it is shit. Everyone seems to be saying "why doesn't the caster just ditch you". Perhaps because the caster actually has to be in the same room as the enemy and that is FAR more risk?

I really don't see any good reasoning not to take out targets using this method if available.

It's not as if the character is non-functional when not sniping. When not sniping he is as effective as any other ranged character because mythic vital strike was a mistake.
>>
>>51711236
If you didnt rob them of the wizard then they wouldnt be at risk.

Do you really expect everyone to sit idly by while you tried to do everything? Do you even know how the majority of encounters go in this game?

I think I just met bizzaro 2hu. Just as autistically pig headed, but without the intelligent optimization.
>>
>>51711197
Resources spent:
>2 level 1 slots
>2 level 4 spell slots
>level 5 spell slot
>2 points of mythic powers
>possibly 1 brilliant energy arrow

What they get out of it:
>Kill any one target on the planet
>>
>>51711273
>Perhaps because the caster actually has to be in the same room as the enemy and that is FAR more risk?
Do you even play this game?
Have you ever seen a wizard in action?
>>
>>51711211
>Mythic Eagle Eye and Far Shot
So, where's your second swift action coming from?
>>
>>51711307
OR
The barbarian pounces and the archer full attacks.
Resources spent: one third level slot on haste.
Result: Dead room full of enemies
>>
>>51711289
>If you didnt rob them of the wizard then they wouldnt be at risk.
Are you saying there is no risk to engaging an enemy, as long as you have a wizard? The fuck are you smoking?

>Do you really expect everyone to sit idly by while you tried to do everything? Do you even know how the majority of encounters go in this game?
Except the party to have some sense so that assassinating generals can be done with the guy designed to assassinate generals. What you do is assassinate the generals then go about your adventure, but much more safely because the enemy leaders are now dead.

>I think I just met bizzaro 2hu. Just as autistically pig headed, but without the intelligent optimization.
I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall because you're not making any sense.
>>
>>51711325
Actually make that three swift actions because Smite Evil's also a swift.
>>
>>51711332
Lol. You actually think that the GM will write every single encounter to match your character's strengths?
>>
>>51711331

>>51711325
You do it one round, then the next. What this does is:
>mythic eagle eye to confirm square
>mythic far shot to fire at square
>seeking negates miss chance when firing on that square

>>51711331
This requires you to be in the same room as the enemy. This is a massive risk compared to scry and shoot the enemy from another continent before going after what ever you need that he has.
>>
>>51711331
>Barbarian pounce level
>killing entire room of enemies

What are you, still fighting goblins at 10th level? Fuck off with this weak shit.
>>
>>51711273
The issues are.
This is a team game doing everything your self and wanking over how great you are is counter to productive play.
It requires you to know the name or creature type you are shooting at, so there is a real chance to fuck it up.
To do it at all requires two characters, meaning the rest of the party will be handicapped by being down two members.
>>
File: 1393273971153.jpg (35KB, 450x370px) Image search: [Google]
1393273971153.jpg
35KB, 450x370px
>>51711358
>Being in the same room as the enemy
>Massive risk
>>
>>51711358
So your plan is ruined if the enemy so much as moves during between the 1st and 2nd round. Amazing.
>>
>>51711355
Ok, write an encounter that defends the enemy against this.

In order to not be vulnerable to this he has to be:
>immune to crits
>inside & undead/a construct

As long as an enemy is scryable is is almost always killable with this plan.

>>51711343
Smite Evil persists between rounds.
>>
What's the race that'll get me closest to Pandaren?
Is there some kind of "build your own furfag" 3pp out there?
I want to be a jolly fat bear man that gets drunk and starts flurrying everybody's shit in.
>>
>>51711378
It's more risky than killing him from another continent.

>>51711383
That's what the scry sensor is for. Did you not actually read my post?
>>
>>51711358
So you hit the square, that is not the enemy.
>>
>>51711389
So if the target god forbid passes the will save against the scry then the wizard just wasted a fucking scry spell.
>>
>>51711268

Above average strong, I want him to have some solid muscles for that sexy ripped look, but nothing like the strongslab ironarms I tend to make.

Less Gregor, more Geralt.
>>
>>51711377
See the thing is this. How the game normally goes is:
>we snipe kill who ever we can
>we go in as normal, now at far less risk because several enemy generals are now dead
I don't see the problem of doing this before you go into a mission. The ranger in question is still as deadly as a normal ranger, because mythic vital strike was a fucking mistake as written.
>>
File: 1333562366458.jpg (113KB, 488x488px) Image search: [Google]
1333562366458.jpg
113KB, 488x488px
>>51711400
>>
>>51711412
This is a risk for literally any scry spell, or any spell, ever. Do you suggest the wizard not cast any spells because enemies might pass the saves?

>>51711401
Seeking negates the miss chance for firing at an enemy. Not knowing the enemy's location in a square is a 50% miss chance. I'm not seeing your point. Knowing the square is enough. It's the same as attacking an invisible enemy.
>>
>>51711393

Coldborn Skinwalker or Agathion-blooded Aasimar.
>>
Anyone got a copy of Crimson Heroes by Legendary Games?
>>
>>51711422
This is ignoring the fact you lose most your damage if you can not identify your foe.
>>
>>51711474
This build was for Wrath of the Righteous where I knew the typing of most of my enemies. Also the wizard would identify the enemy through his scry sensor before hand.
>>
>>51711448
Or or or
get this
you are not going to believe this
ok ok
what if
instead of your sniper
this is gonna blow your mind
the party gets
Somebody else that doesnt need to be babysit
>>
>>51711510
Ok noted. So you're saying you read ahead of the book and know exactly what you're going to be fighting before signing up for a game.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure you'll blend in with the million other l337 sniper apps out there.
>>
Has anyone tried this yet?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/unchained-rules/unchained-action-economy/
>>
>>51711546
It's shit.
>>
>>51711559
Elaborate
>>
>>51711518
>implying I need to be baby sit
Even outside of the sniping set I pull my weight easily. The only person who does more damage in the pounce barbarian. My character also knows more about demons than any of the other characters, something fucking important in Wrath of the Righteous.

It's fucking laughable that you think the character suddenly ceases functioning when he's not sniping.

>>51711542
>Ok noted. So you're saying you read ahead of the book and know exactly what you're going to be fighting before signing up for a game.
Knowing that most enemies in Wrath of the Righteous are demons isn't difficult to know. It literally says that in the fucking Player's Guide before you start the game.

Are you actually retarded? Is reading the player's guide against your rules now? Because it tells ranger to grab Favored Enemy (demons).

Most of the enemies in Wrath of the Righteous, after a point, are demons.
>>
>>51711566
It's food that's been stripped of all nutritional value by your body and expelled through your rear.
>>
>>51711542
>Ok noted. So you're saying you read ahead of the book and know exactly what you're going to be fighting before signing up for a game.
You don't need to read ahead to know that Wrath of the Righteous is like 90% demons after book 1.
>>
>>51711588
Sure thing buddy. I bet you totally also coincidentally know what class every is the second you see their tokens. I bet you know exactly how to navigate the dungeons too, truly a coincidence.
>>
>>51711448
So what you are saying is you can use scry to pinpoint from orbit something you can't see, hell, as a dm I would not allow that, unless you can do some impressive knowledge engineering to calculate the speed of the planet turning and the relative position of yourself to pin point that location accurately without being able to see it.
>>
>>51711598
Don't get smarmy with me you cunt.
>>
Which are the best weapons for sneak attacks?
>>
If I'm playing a barbarian, how much should I dip into Oracle? I'm at least getting one level for lame.
Also, how early should I take the first level? 9 or later?
>>
>>51711623
Greatsword (if you can get a proficiency in it and have Divine Fighting Technique: Gorum) for sheer damage, Elven Curve Sword if you're an Unchained Rogue and want 1.5x DEX to damage.
>>
>>51711622
Anon, I'm bald. I couldn't do that if I wanted to.
>>
>>51711623
Depends.
>>
>>51711400
Then why do you need Mythic Eagle Eye if your scry sensor lets you know what square the enemy's in?

If your GM lets you target a square through a wizard relaying that information, what the hell's the point of confirming the first square?

Cause if you do have to confirm the square the first time, then you have to every time the target so much as moves.
>>
>>51711640
>>51711636

Slayer character in this case.
>>
>>51711619
>knowing that enemies in Wrath of the Righteous are demons is somehow meta knowledge
You fucking realize what the World Wound is right?
>>
It's like I'm on Old General, I love it.
>>
>>51711637
im sorry for your lots
>>
>>51711623
A giant bag full of feather token: tree launched out of a catapult, activated by a delayed illusory sound saying their command word right as the bag is about to hit the target
>>
>>51711165
Do you guys think this will work as a character concept for Wrath of the Raunchy?
>>
>>51711663
A dildo up ur ass xD
>>
>>51711663
Do you want to melee or range?
Any weapon can work with sneak attack, generally a higher base damage is better because you lack the static modifiers at least at low levels to make crit weapons worth using.
>>
>>51711542

Holy shit dude, APs warn you what to expect in the campaign.

You're acting like that dumb head that would say "WOWZERS, POWERGAMING MUCH?" When someone makes a Giant Slayer in Giantslayer.
>>
>>51711165
You assume much by thinking that the party isnt going to coup de grace you in your sleep for being a faggot in the wrong way.
>>
>>51711695

I'm open to both options.
>>
>>51711688

It's got just as much chance as any of them.
>>
>>51711688
I think it sounds like a troll.
Evil in a game about being good guys, a "conqueror" at level 1, going to spend the game being a glory-hounding asshole.
>>
>>51711542
Wrath of the Righteous SPECIFIES that you'll be fighting demons and cultists. What, are you expecting players to pick people who've never seen or heard of a demon in their whole life?
>>
>>51711721
What race do you want to use? If that is open too, what races can you use?
>>
How much of a piece of shit assclown would I be if I made a cheeky quarterstaff-using Vanara initiator?
Would it be alright if I didn't allude to monkey kang mythology at all?
>>
>>51711713
Why though? I'm here to close the World Wound just like they are?

>>51711542
>excepts to fight demons in WotR
>POWERGAMER
nigga u dumb
>>
>>51711747

>>
>>51711742

Tiefling.
>>
>>51711754
That bad, huh?
>>
>>51711747

Well, you're kind of alluding to it already.
>>
>Game seems interesting
>Check it out
>30 pages of house rules
>>
>>51711731
>Best chance:
Straight women only interested in romancing gmpcs (must be a female irl)
>2nd best
Lesbians
>3rd
Traps
>4th
Hunks
>5th
Well written pcs with little interest in lewd
>6th
Gay men
>>
>>51711747
do you realize that referencing monkey king is like referencing batman
>>
I want to impale people with bare hands, how do i accomplish this?
>>
>>51711623
Railgun
>Dat penetration
>>
>>51711776
Have you seen how handsome he is?
>>
>>51711778
>>51711765
How come all these video games get away with it but I can't, huh?
>>
>>51711780
Probably Hamatula Strike and the like, lets you impale with your unarmed strikes and grapple with impaling weapons.
>>
>>51711794
He a poofter tho
>>
File: 1477892431651.jpg (61KB, 492x810px) Image search: [Google]
1477892431651.jpg
61KB, 492x810px
Anyone got the healer's Handbook yet?
>>
>>51711796

Video games are made for children.
>>
File: carol.png (262KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
carol.png
262KB, 590x393px
>>51711754
Out of how many?
>>
>>51711809
>poofter
Isn't that a term for effeminate homosexuals?
>>
>>51711778
i'm playing a gadgetmaster type of slayer with a cowl and a cape
my surname is wayne
it took my group like 9 sessions to catch on
i think monkey king is gonna be even easier to slip in
>>
It's generals like this that make me miss the RotJR meme garbage. Can we just go back to talking about whether Val's tits get bigger or smaller when she's in costume?
>>
>>51711776

This is a lie, the people with the best chance of getting in are and always will he well written PCs.

Look at the people who got into RotJR, the vast majority of them are hardly lewd.
>>
>>51711841
>talking about tits is better than arguing about rules
>>
What god do non-dwarven craftsmen worship?
>>
>>51711841
Well, we could always talk about some of the girls (or guys) in WotR. And hey, Pathfinder Vices means we've got a hard and fast (giggity) rule set for determining boob size.
>>
>>51711841

What? Anon, you're forgetting that it's Generals like this that actually make those discussions meaningful - back when we had a handle on things, we'd have occasional boob discussions mixed with lore and predominantly mechanical discussion.

This is /pfg/ working right.

Val's tits should get bound in Vigilante mode because she's known to be large chested in her casual attire. A better question would be if she was a late or early bloomer, since she could've got her bust in Magnimar and hid her growth spurt when she came home.
>>
>>51711757
Tiefling slayer
I would say
Two handed greatsword
One handed scizor
Two weapon fighting scizor /throwing axe
Ranged composite longbow/longbow .
>>
>>51711857

Abadar.
>>
>>51711812
Yes
>>
>>51711165
To talk more about this:
>Unchained Oracle Curse
Get this through VMC, but if I do I can't have a butt boy

What is more important, not coming up as anything when someone tries to probe my alignment, or a butt boy?

The character himself with be LE and mainly invoking LN outsiders with his Invocation, since that makes it possible to smite demons. This means he has to act LN, or at least adhere to a LN code of conduct most of the time.

Also the Insinuator Code of Conduct reads thusly:
>Code of Conduct: An insinuator must always work toward his own self-interest, enrichment, or glory, and must also abide by the moral strictures of whatever outsider they have chosen to invoke that day (see invocation below). If the insinuator breaks an invoked outsider’s code, he cannot invoke outsiders of that same alignment until he seeks atonement, although outsiders of other alignments may still heed his call.

This seems perfect for someone heading to The World Wound to make a name for themselves during the crusade.

Am I wrong here somewhere?
>>
>>51711841

I'm more interested in her assumed personality as the Vilderavn.
>>
>>51711898
Any good? By that I mean does it make a healer more viable.
Or is the healer wizard archetype not shit?
>>
>>51711841
It seemed pretty obvious she'd bind them as a vigilante, her character art is pretty obviously stacked and at that point it would be easier to go down than up.
>>
>>51711921
Seems kind of a "vengeance, the night" sort of deal, pretty standard. Maybe with a bit of extra "ohohoho~"
>>
Is there a /pfg/ discord?
>>
If you wield a double weapon for TWF purposes, is it still a two-handed weapon? Specifically for effects that require a two-handed weapon. Not a weapon wielded in two hands, but a two-handed weapon.
>>
>>51712025
Yes
>>
>>51711921
There was a brief mention of the Vilderavn in the last greentext, if anybody on Team Meme is around did you get any more detail than we did?
>>
>>51712047
Thanks
>>
>>51711931
It's shit of course.
>Arcane Physician (Wizard Archetype)
>Arcane physicians use their scholarly knowledge and arcane mastery to achieve incredible feats of medicine. Most worship Qi Zhong, Nethys, or other patrons of disparate sorts of magic.

>Medicinal Alchemy: The arcane physician treats all spells of the healing subschool on the alchemist extract list as if they were on the wizard spell list for the purpose of activating magic items.
Additionally, he can expend a spell slot of the appropriate level to meet the spell requirements for magic item construction (including potions) as if the expended spell slot contained any alchemist spell that belongs to the healing subschool. If the spell is on both the wizard and alchemist lists, the arcane physician may expend a slot equal to the spell’s alchemist level instead of the spell’s wizard level.

>At 8th level, the arcane physician can expend a spell slot of 1st level or higher as a standard action to alter a potion or alchemical remedy held in hand. An alchemical remedy can become any other alchemical remedy of the same or lower price of the arcane physician’s choice. A potion can change to contain any alchemist extract of the arcane physician’s choice that belongs to the healing subschool and is of the same level as or lower than the expended spell slot. The extract must have no material component costing more than 1 gp, and it must be one that it is possible to make into a potion.
>This ability replaces arcane school.

>Brew Potion: At 1st level, an arcane physician gains Brew Potion as a bonus feat.
>This replaces scribe scroll.
>>
>>51712025
No, it's actually not. It functions as a one-handed and a light weapon when used for TWF.
>>
>>51712072
even though it's not particularly great i do enjoy how they've made an archetype that covers one of wizard's remaining "weaknesses"
>>
>>51712017
Yes. "pathfinder general"
>>
>>51712104
Shit

Uh...
Know any way to get reach on a quarterstaff?
>>
>>51712061
The greentext implied it was right at the tail-end of the session. I wouldn't expect too much besides "Oh hey my character is still doing this stuff, just so ya know"
>>
>>51712104
what the fucks the point of double weapons again
every time i hear about those things they just get worse
is this tower shield syndrome or what
>>
>>51712155
>tower shield syndrome
I can't really answer that question unless you explain this further.
>>
>>51712155
Double weapons are good because they have better damage dice then wielding a light offhand weapon and count as a light offhand weapon.
>>
File: 1456145256473.png (62KB, 189x179px) Image search: [Google]
1456145256473.png
62KB, 189x179px
>>51710847
>>
>>51712155
Double weapons would be much better if they were finesseable. They're built for a fighting style that requires significant investment in Dex, but offer no actual path toward using Dex in combat with said weapon.
>>
>>51712172
its just that every single time someone brought up tower shields it was a complaint that i hadn't heard before so in my eyes the things just kept getting worse and worse
like, at first i learned they had a fuckhuge armor check penalty
then i learned that they give you a penalty to attack rolls
then i learned that the standard-action cover only works for you
then i learned that people can cast spells on your shield to hit you behind that cover
then i learned that most classes need to feat/trait just to use them
its like a downward spiral of dogshit
>>
>>51712193
Is that potential, like, 1-2 damage really worth it?
>>
>>51711020
A bit late, but
>Sarini tief bastard
>watches the play
>Larazod is a low born tief who fugs a Sarini
>decides they're Larazod's kid, in spirit
>changes name to Rilsane
>dedicates life to Asmodeus and Cheliax
>>
>>51712061
>[23:26] * Valeriya checks to make sure the >coast is clear before exiting the Rusty Dragon >through an open window
>[23:28] * Valeriya still has a few hours of >patroling to do as the Vilderavn

Was the full extent of the encounter.
>>
>>51712249
If you can get free prof from race yes.
So Tengu, Dwarf, and Half Orc.
>>
>>51712266

>Cue stalking her friends as the friendly neighborhood raven-girl
>>
>>51712266
Well hopefully that means we'll learn a little more about her from the next session.
>>
>>51712224
I think it's that double weapons are mostly supposed to look cool.
They technically take only one action to ready as opposed to necessitating quick draw to get both your weapons out, but other than that...yeah, they're pretty crappy.
So yes, it is tower shield syndrome.
>>
>>51712297
>friendly
Well, if you find The Shadow-esque evil laughter to be strangely infectious, then yeah, she might seem pretty jovial.
>>
>>51712249
It might be, but you still get stuck with worse crit profile, so...
>>
>>51712193
>>51712223
I think Double Weapons are really meant for Rangers and Slayers, since they can cheat their feats and build into Strength. The damage dice as mentioned is an improvement, but you can also wield them two-handed for typical power attacks otherwise when you're missing a full round action.

I think the biggest issue with them is that no double weapons are actually very good, and most of them require exotic proficiency. A bigger main die would let you progress vital strike and TWF combat style together with leftover feats, or if the double sword was just a martial weapon it wouldn't eat into character building. The best non-martial option is the weighted spear or something, which is good enough for a simple weapon but really walls in your flavour.
>>
Why is CR below 1 so shitty
>>
File: 1471504071405.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471504071405.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>51712383
>>
>>51712383
I think the answer's right there in the question.
>>
>>51712343
1d8/1d8 X3 double axe is actually better then a great axe if you can hit reliably.
And a two bladed sword is 1d8/1d8 19-20X2 which is better then a greatsword with reliable hits.
Granted the big pain in the ass is the need for full round attacks to be better.
Also you have weird stuff like the gnomish hook hammer with. 1d8/1d6 ×3/×4
>>
File: 1486165019444.jpg (203KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
1486165019444.jpg
203KB, 736x981px
Any Thieves Guild type games running?

Looking at you Jolly!
>>
File: taiga.jpg (8KB, 226x219px) Image search: [Google]
taiga.jpg
8KB, 226x219px
>>51712398
>>
Is it even worth it to go for TWF as a Dervish Warder? Investing into it I mean.
Seems like spamming your full-round nopezone and relying on AoO and counterattacks ought to be more effective than full-attacking so long as there's more than one enemy.
>>
>>51711842

I wonder if there's a falacy for erp-ish games that's like "No character that applies to a game that's alright with erp can be good."

Kinda like Stormwind, in that a good character can be well written an still be applied to whatever game the player wants to be a part of.
>>
>>51712320

She keeps the streets safe from miscreants and ruffians with mild application of extreme physical harm!
>>
>>51712571
>>51712320
Sounds like a charmer.
>>
File: 3r.jpg (51KB, 736x972px) Image search: [Google]
3r.jpg
51KB, 736x972px
>>51712447
i would also like to know this
>>
File: Valeriya.Deverin.jpg (87KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Valeriya.Deverin.jpg
87KB, 1280x1024px
>>51711841
>Can we just go back to talking about whether Val's tits get bigger or smaller when she's in costume?
She uses techniques like binding and costuming to make them look smaller in her current alter ego.

>>51711879
>A better question would be if she was a late or early bloomer, since she could've got her bust in Magnimar and hid her growth spurt when she came home.
After her time at the boarding school, she would have returned to Sandpoint somewhat regularly to visit her family and friends, so most would likely be familiar with her adult figure before she even conceived of becoming a vigilante.

>>51711921
>>51711967
Much of her activities in Sandpoint have been centered on harassing Jubrayl Vhiski's gang and thwarting their efforts to corner the town's brothel business. Mostly interfering, and occasionally capturing thugs for crimes that the guard can't or won't prosecute. Her alter ego is a little more complex than just "vengeance, the night," but I'm saving the details on that for the actual group before I spill them here.

>>51712061
Just the short bit about her going out for a patrol mentioned in >>51712266.

>>51712297
Most of them were asleep in the inn she just left.

>>51712300
You'll have to wait and see.

>>51712320
>Checks to see if hideous laughter is on the beguiler spell list

>>51712571
>>51712590
>Sounds like a charmer.
Beguiler actually.
>>
>>51712633
>belts
>>
Is the STR-based TWF from PoW any good?
>>
>>51712684

You got something against belts, boy?
>>
File: belts.jpg (114KB, 1024x604px) Image search: [Google]
belts.jpg
114KB, 1024x604px
>>51712701
Gotta have 'em everywhere except where a belt goes.
>>
>>51712725

Hey, you never know when you'll need something to find a vein for your Zerk injections.
>>
>>51712701
Try wearing an outfit like that and you will, too.
>>
>>51712697
Yes, because it takes away the MAD aspect of being a dedicated twf. Making a lot of other classes twf viable, where as before it was just Rangers, Slayers, and Rogues (who only used it to stack SA dice).
>>
>>51712697
Yes.
>>
>>51712767

Although Urogues can go purely dex-based now.
>>
File: header_image_resized.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
header_image_resized.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>51712725

In my experience, there's only one belt worth having.

THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION BELT OF THE WORLD.
>>
File: dumon and dumpei.jpg (929KB, 1001x1119px) Image search: [Google]
dumon and dumpei.jpg
929KB, 1001x1119px
>tfw you hand out teamwork feats like candy to your monsters
>>
The Dual Wielding sphere is going to make TWF very attractive let me tell you what.
>>
>>51712785
>tfw teamwork feats have an ever greater shit-to-usable ratio than feats in general, even before the fact that you need some way for allies to have them, gain them, or count as having them
>>
>>51712654
>Much of her activities in Sandpoint have been centered on harassing Jubrayl Vhiski's gang and thwarting their efforts to corner the town's brothel business

>Belor Hemlock wiping his sweaty bald forehead as he yells over a desk at Deverin that "you're a loose cannon Deverin, but Gods DAMN do you get results!"
>>
>>51712654
>Her alter ego is a little more complex than just "vengeance, the night," but I'm saving the details on that for the actual group before I spill them here
Looking forward to leaning more.
>>
File: Awoo girl.jpg (30KB, 569x321px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo girl.jpg
30KB, 569x321px
>>51712447
I might (MIGHT) consider running one once the full SoM playtest comes out, and as a playtest game.
>>
>>51712767
>>51712776
Can't you just take Deadly Agility from PoW and then do a full-dex TWF? Wouldn't that be better?
>>
>>51712862

But then you can't be a madman in plate armor with a falcata in each hand.
>>
>>51712784

I'm tempted to make a former heavyweight wrestler and champion of Kurgess for Wrath of the Raunchy who speaks almost entirely in DUBYA DUBYA EEE.
>>
>>51712697
If PoW is available, you're better off taking Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility. The feat requirements are the same(since str-based still needs an extra feat to deal full strength bonus with his off-hand attacks) and while the damage from dex-based is slightly lower, you end up with much higher initiative, reflex saves and possibly AC(depending on your armor proficiencies).
>>
>>51712781
This is true, twf U.Rogues can run with all the feats and have a good time.
>>
>>51712253
Better late than never.
>>
File: 1485824514144.jpg (166KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
1485824514144.jpg
166KB, 600x625px
>>51712851

>tfw the best I can get for a game is a double might

Oh well. I wont hold my breath.
>>
>>51712862

The Strength Twf feat counts as the first in the feat chain. So while you Could just grab deadly agility and run dex, that's Another feat in a long feat chain and if you're playing a feat starved class, it might take a while till it comes online.
>>
In a vacuum, which variation of Warder is superior, Dervish Defender or Zweihander Sentinel?
The INT-to-AC and counterattacks of DD seem fantastic, but the reach thing and bonus damage from 2-handing from ZS are great too...
>>
>>51712872
Prodigious Two Weapon Fighting lets you use one-handed weapons as light though. Two Weapon Fighting Falcatas man.
>>
>>51711812
Get it while it's lukewarm.
>>
>>51712920
Like I said, running with Prodigious TWF you do end up ahead in damage, I just don't think it's worth it when you should be dealing tons of damage anyway, and instead of a little extra damage you could have extra +5 to initiative and reflex saves.
>>
>>51712813
>Dammit, Deverin, you're a loose cannon! One more stunt like that and I'll have yo' badge!
>>
>>51712905
To be fair, you're asking a dev to run a game, and a game that would involve PFG people too. Two mights is pretty generous here.

Which 3p dev would y'all most like to have run a PFG game?
>>
File: DSCF0019 (Large).jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0019 (Large).jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
>>51712920
>>51712870
>double F A L C A T A
>>
>>51711812
Wasn't it in the trove?
>>
>>51712959

>THAT'S IT, DEVERIN! YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR! TURN IN YOUR BADGE AND YOUR SWORD, YOU'RE OFF THE CASE
>>
>>51712919
>in a vacuum
Doesn't the just me what you personally think? Aside from that.

It totally depends on what you want to do. ZS is always a joke around here, but it is a fun bashy way to play. If you want to bash.

I don't have any experiences with DD, but it's on my "to play" list.
>>
File: hermie.jpg (146KB, 719x450px) Image search: [Google]
hermie.jpg
146KB, 719x450px
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/mighty-cr-5/

>CR 5 template
>Doesn't give any extra actions

Into the garbage it goes
>>
>>51712965
Jolly or Forrest, they seem like they'd be willing to do creative shit.
>>
>>51712965
2hu. That'd be a prodigious clusterfuck that might raze this shitty fucking general to the ground once and for all.
>>
>>51712965
>Which 3p dev would y'all most like to have run a PFG game?
DHB desu senpai
>>
>>51712965
Gareth. I'm a masochist
>>
File: New Thread.webm (3MB, 610x720px) Image search: [Google]
New Thread.webm
3MB, 610x720px
>>
File: Literallytheworstthingever.jpg (75KB, 480x620px) Image search: [Google]
Literallytheworstthingever.jpg
75KB, 480x620px
So fuckers, you know how the world is a terrible place?

Jacob Blackmon is doing the art for a 3p book based around sex.

Take that, every future thought you'll ever have!
>>
>>51713320

I'm unironically going to steal stuff from this book.
>>
>>51713320

Fuck, how can I get some of that deviant art tier art money?
>>
>>51712950
Well, that's underwhelming.

Especially have to laugh at that "Use a wand as a CLW wand, but only x-times a day" feat...
>>
>>51713343
>how can I get some of that deviant art tier art money?

Get a Deviant Art.

Draw some art.

Say you're taking commissions.
>>
New thread
>>51713373
>>51713373
>>51713373
>>51713373
>>51713373
>>
File: vwpi7hhgfcofchmj5pmc.jpg (61KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
vwpi7hhgfcofchmj5pmc.jpg
61KB, 320x240px
>>51713320
>>
>>51713343
Express interest in making art for a 3rd party developer? Shameless shilling yourself can get you through some doors, it will get some slammed in your face to but hey, it's a living.
kinda
>>
>>51713382
Fuck off anime poster; your thread is gonna get deleted.
>>
>>51712871
On balance, off balance, doesn't matter.
>>
>>51713382
Shrekt.
>>
>>51713382
Fuck, what happened?
>>
>>51713691
janitor got triggered by cat ears
>>
>>51713382
When will you fucking learn shithead?
>>
>>51713382

>weebs
>>
>>51713691
At this point I think someone is intentionally deleting their own posts, or we've got a janitor that hates the fetish-bait starts.
>>
>>51713719
>>51713731
Shit. And I was getting good advice.
>>
>>51713776
just ask again
>>
>>51713797
>>51713797
>>51713797
>>51713797
>>51713797

new thread
>>
>>51713807
I ain't falling for that one again.

>>51713801
How do I run a Pathfinder Swords and Sorcery campaign? Like, mechanically.
>>
File: nyrarlahotep is not your waifu.gif (3MB, 544x612px) Image search: [Google]
nyrarlahotep is not your waifu.gif
3MB, 544x612px
>>51713320
Hahahaha. If you think that's the worst of it, your journey into the abyss has only just begun.

You know not the horrors that you will witness upon plumbing the depths of depravity which infest even this very board.
>>
>>51712862
Dex based TWF:
Feats required: Weapon Finesse, Deadly Agility
Pros: full Dex to damage on both hands
Cons: limited to weapons that can be finessed, greater penalties if you're not wielding a light weapon in your off hand

Str based TWF:
Feats required: Prodigious TWF
Pros: wield any kind of weapons, can wield one-handed weapon in off hand without additional penalty
Cons: need Double Slice to deal full Str damage with off hand

Pick your poison, each one has its niche advantages and disadvantages.
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.