[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I be OP in a OP setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Straw_Hat_Pirates'_Jolly_Roger.png (130KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
Straw_Hat_Pirates'_Jolly_Roger.png
130KB, 350x250px
>pun intended
I'm playing in a One Piece setting. Animu-shit all around, sue me. I got the Yami Yami no Mi, but I know the world is darker than my powers and that I'll probably be kicked real hard by the game. How can I become OP, /tg/? I play with some min-maxers, and my GM is a nerf master too, but I want to have a good time doing my thing and, to do that, I need POWAH.

>Also, general "How can my character be more powerful" general thread
>Because One Piece can actually have one or two good concept ideas, sometimes...
>So, we can too!
>>
>>51701677
First, you need to provide more details.

Are you doing some kind of rules light narrative heavy system? Freeform outright? Existing crunch heavy system? You skimp on the details and then throw around jargon to the point that your post reads like bait.

Poorly contrived bait, therefore it might be a genuine request.

System, setting, details, logic, or you will be ignored or saged.
>>
>>51701832
The system is something really simple, it's the narrative that matters. The setting it's the normal One Piece setting, you may or may not have seem the Anime/Manga. In case of details, my character is an "Akuma no Mi" user ("Devil Fruit" user), who got the "Yami Yami no Mi" (Fruit of Darkness). Basically, I get powers to make part of my body absolute darkness, or even create this darkness from my body. It gives me a little control ove gravity, and my touch can null other's powers, at least the ones with less willpower. The general weaknesses of Devil Fruit user are that: They can't swin, water gets their power, and their power can be beaten by strong willpower, the "Haki" that gives off various effects to it's users.
The thing is, it doesn't matters which power I pick, the GM always finds a way to make even the most powerfull motherfucker a bitch of the setting. So, I came to /tg/, because if here I can't find the answers, they probably don't exist.
Also, sorry about the simplicity of my question, it's just that I lurk way more than I used to do before, and when I do reply something, is in simplier boards, so I guess I lost the skill, if you can say that.
>>
>>51701959
Its a narrative system and its one piece. You don't powergame, you make up believable bullshit and ride it. Be creative with the use of your powers because they are only vaguely defined. You don't powergame a narrative system, you just outhink and out drama the GM.

Problem solved. Goodnight. You can't powergame what doesn't have clearly defined rules. I'm going to bed, this drained my ability to reason and articulate.
>>
Sounds like you're already overpowered

Out smart your opponents, dont hit them to death. Go play a dragonball z campaign if that's what you want to do
>>
File: Blackbeard.png (824KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Blackbeard.png
824KB, 1280x720px
Do you have the part where you can get another fruit? Because some people say thats part of the fruit, some say it intrinsic to Blackbeard. If yes, the focus should be on fiding a powerful pairing (Likely by killing another fruit eater and finding the regrown fruit nearby). From my perspective geting a true logia fruit would be the best choice of pairing. Something like the Lava Lava fruit that changes you to liquid would be great.
As for the Darkness fruit alone, focus on defence, you can absorb almost any attack into yourself like a black hole. Manipulating gravity is part of your toolset, use it to keep your opponents slow and heavy. Grind them down and only strike when they are weak. When you do strike put everything into it because that will be the only tme you create an opening, when you aren't focused on absorbing attacks. Pick smart fights, if something can hit you despite the black hole, gtfo.If someone stands up to your punishment too long use it as a learning opportunity and escape.
Good ideas in general include surrounding yourself with other powerful individuals to do your work for you. Having a PC party will be good for this, but try and recruit any strong NPC's you meet and if they refuse find out what they can do for you. Try and learn armament Haki, with your fruit it's not neccesary because you can force a Logia to materialise but it has usefull defensive benefits and is a good second offensive option. Perception Haki is similarly a priority as it will massivly increase your ability to see and react to incoming threats.
>>
>>51701959
Use what they use in the OP universe regarding devil fruits:
Loopholes.
>>
>>51701677

wow this really sounds like some homo fan fiction space battles tier bullshit
>>
>>51701677

Just take something from JoJo and think laterally about it. That should work.

Or if you want to be really fucking broken, steal something from Touhou, like Suika's Manipulation of density and sparseness or Yukari's Manipulation of boundaries.
>>
>>51701677
Well OP, to be OP in an OP setting you have to OP the OP in a very OPesque way so the OP isn't going to be OP but OP.
But don't act under the illusion OP, that every OP is black OPs. That would ignore the charm of OP.
>>
>>51701959
Your playing the one piece setting and got the most powerful fruit in the story, which can control GRAVITY and is a Logia and you are trying to powergame it because your worried you wont be special enough?

You aren't a good person op.
>>
>>51701959
If it's a narrative system in a fucking One Piece setting, why are you trying to powergame.

Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>51701959
Just do lots of pushups. A lot of the top-tier guys don't use devil fruits at all.
>>
>>51709211
This is basically what /tg/ exists for now. People who don't have a game or shortly won't.
>>
>>51701677
Combine the normal use of having auto-gravity on yourself with weapons. Since you'll never be intangible, it's better to be good with a long-ass sword and a few pistols, and then attract people towards you. You can hit anyone but Logias, and then if you touch them their powers are literally nullified. This is something that other people seem to disregard or forget, but Seastone is NOT the strongest nullifier. Seastone against Luffy just removes his strength. His power is entirely passive and it's never negated with Seastone, only when Blackbeard touches him does he get hit as though he isn't rubber. Long as you touch someone they can't use ANY DF powers.

If Haki becomes a factor, aim for Armament because you literally won't be able to dodge anyway.

>>51701959
Your GM needs to have stronger understanding of the lore, or you do.

DF users don't get weak if they're wet, only if over half of them is submerged. Their powers can still be used, but their strength is sapped immensely. Seastone turns powers off unless they're passive like Luffy's. Haki is in general an invisible armor power that allows you to hit a Logia's true body, BUT, the Logia can also Haki defend or just mold around the incoming attack.
>>
>>51711710
>DF users don't get weak if they're wet

Anon may have been thinking about Crocodile there which brings up a personal though; DF and how they are affected by water should be taken on a case by case basis. Sand becomes et and soggy, rubber is unaffected. Though it never came up I feel like Ace and Akienu would suffer some ill affects from being wet, though they ould b=have an easier time powering through eat thanks to evaporating the water.

Alternatively while he wouldn't be able to become lightning Enel's powers would be amplified through water conductivity.
>>
>>51701677
>devil fruit user
you've already lost faggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNyP3uzgRhA
>>
>>51701677

awww man, I was playing a One Piece homebrew game with some bros on Skype, the system had a chart of random words that formed the basis of your fruit powers, and it was balanced around not even trying to be balanced. I got "vanish" and decided to go the obvious route and be inviso-girl. Except, we weren't going to go lame with this, we went all out, I didn't merely turn invisible, I hopped into a parallel dimension that exists only 'half-way' in the material plane. Effectively this would render me invisible, and I'd not generate any noise or smell that could be perceived in the normie world. I could still physically interact with things though, so people could run into me or in theory hit me with things if they knew where to.

So basically I had perfect at-will invisibility at level 1 with a huge bonus to avoid detection because I don't even generate sound. It was good shit.
>>
>>51717349

fuck I want to keep talking about this. I loved this character. So, a big part of the fluff of this game encourages you to base your personality somewhat around your powers. I am someone that can turn invisible, so I decided I would be cripplingly shy. This lead to moments of indecision that often ended with the guy in our crew that was a bear-man just picking me up and running, much to my chagrin.

I was also a neat freak, and absolutely everything had to be clean. I spent a large part of our time ashore power washing the entire ship with my inventions, only to find out we were purchasing a new ship.

Myra, you were a blast to play. I'm sad we didn't get to do more before the group disbanded :(
>>
>>51701677
>Yami Yami no Mi
>Want to be more OP

You want to Min-Max your fruit? Be like Teach, and just fucking tank everything, nullifying your would-be combat weakness.

You can fucking steal other peoples' devil fruits when you kill them, too (though we don't know the limits on this).
>>
Having just finished running a fantastic OP campaign, I was very disappointed coming into this thread to find that OP is a faggot once again. Trying to be OP in OP is not in the OP spirit, OP.
>>
>>51719727
I don't think that's a Yami Yami power, I think Teach figured out some bullshit.
>>
>>51701677
>How can I be OP in a OP setting
Oh, lots of ways, first...
>I got the Yami Yami no Mi
I can't help you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.