[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's Create an almost Generic Setting (history meets fantasy)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: viking_warrior_by_severeene.jpg (380KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
viking_warrior_by_severeene.jpg
380KB, 600x800px
>Long ago, the Vile Lich Lord Morith was made when the God of death was unable to handle the overbearing influx of souls from the War of Legend.
>Morith was banished from the realm to another realm without magic where he would be powerless. Our World.
>but Morith was not done and wanted revange upon the gods ! The only way for him to return was to get mortals to activate all portals that would send them and him back to his world.
>our heroes of the story are tricked into activating the last portal when they think it is a way to destroy him as he was pretending to be Odin and giving the gift of magic along with visions to the party cleric.
>>
>>51696729
Hello ! this is a world building thread I made so people can help me make a fantasy setting.

In this game the heroes and their people are all Norse (for the moment, since more portals where opened and only now do people from the past are passing through it (like the lost ninth Roman legion).
In this setting the humans are a new race and just arrived from earth.
>>
>>51696729
Plotholes:
1. Why would a Lich serve the Death God? Lich raises the undead, not kill people so that their souls go to the Underworld.

2. If the Lich was banished to a non-magic world, then how does he convince our party that he is a magical being?

3. Related to point 2, this means our party is totally non-magical and how does the Lich gives magic power to our cleric? A non-magical cleric is historically a lay person working in monasteries or prayer leader. Sounds heretical to me.
>>
>>51697472
I'm not OP.
None of these are plot holes.
>Why would a Lich serve the Death God? Lich raises the undead, not kill people so that their souls go to the Underworld.
I can imagine a thousand reasons instantly, the most likely being that he became a lich with the blessing of this god in the first place.
>2. If the Lich was banished to a non-magic world, then how does he convince our party that he is a magical being?
The world didn't have magic. The lich did.
>3. Related to point 2, this means our party is totally non-magical and how does the Lich gives magic power to our cleric? A non-magical cleric is historically a lay person working in monasteries or prayer leader. Sounds heretical to me.
Norse monasteries?
LOL
O
L
Stop being a dick and maybe you will some day experience the joy of having friends.
>>
>>51697556
>The world didn't have magic. The lich did.
Then wtf was the point of banishing him there?
He'd just take over the whole fucking place and find his way back
>>
>>51697472
>>51697556
>>51700790
I made this to be vague so that you guys may input as much lore as you want.
>>
>>51700790
He brought a finite amount of magic with him.
>>
OP here
>>51697472
>Why would a Lich serve the Death God?
He doesn't, At least he may have did in the past. What I think is that he either usarped that power from Death or was granted it to be an assistant which later backfired.

>>51700790
He could do very minor things and he slowly got more powerful with each portal he opened. By the time of the current heroes (around 900-1000 AD) he could do things like shapeshift, give just one low level being divine magic, give visions, charm someone and use minor illusions.
I also plan perhaps that by the time our heroes reach Greenland on their journey to America he will finally be able to raise dead but not control them.

>how does the Lich gives magic power to our cleric?
The cleric and party are pagan Norse in a pagan village. They all live in Iceland and most think Ragnarok has happend and that the gods are dead because Christianity is becoming dominant.
The Earl of the land (western Iceland) wants them to convert or die because of a rumour of a silver mine in the area.
All this is the Lich's work and he is giving the cleric visions and powers to make him a messiah figure that will lead his people to America (the last portal which is guarded by the local natives there).
>>
>>51703877
The Lich has already reviled himself to the heroes.
They immediately thought he was probably Loki.
>>
The portals opened in Ancient Rome, medieval Mongolia, Inca Empire, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Napoleonic France and Sumer. They also sucked in the entire continent of Atlantis.
>>
>>51704855
I need more things for the fantasy realm itself but I do like the idea about Atlantis
>>
>>51704855
Plus I wouldn't add anything late medieval and above since I prefer non gunpowder weapons in fantasy.
>>
>>51706783
Who says they have gunpowder with them?
>>
>>51707198
They would probably know how to make it.
>>
>>51707262
You can't be serious.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.