[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historicals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Real game.jpg (60KB, 456x335px) Image search: [Google]
Real game.jpg
60KB, 456x335px
>Hey Anon, what time period is this mini from? I don't recognize it's kit.
>Wait, its sci-fi?
>Oh come on anon, when are you gonna grow up and start playing REAL wargames, instead of your sissy make believe games.
>>
Seriously? WW2? German Tiger tank? The most iconic tank of the war?
>>
>>51691390

>/hwg/
>/fowtg/

historical games have a really strong community here on /tg/, wrapped up in a few small threads and occasional outliers, but the viewership is healthy

also, we DO spend most of our time actually building and playing, if not attending to our businesses/jobs and families/women.

/realmenindeed/

so go there.

we do answer good questions...
>>
>>51691390

"Real" games! What worthless bait.
>>
>>51691626

correct.

if you have a game you can -and do- play with others, it is real.

OP was trying to go No-True-Scotsman, in a jab, i think. if he wanted to jab at historical guys i was offering an arena.
>>
>>51692164
You sound super nice.
>>
>>51692226
I disagree, he sounds like an ass and keeps jumping lines.
>>
File: 1342232266974.jpg (25KB, 332x348px) Image search: [Google]
1342232266974.jpg
25KB, 332x348px
How am I supposed to enjoy historical wargames if I'm not a history buff?
>>
>Hey Anon, why do you have all these German minis? are you a Nazi? I don't see why else you would collect them
>wait they're Death Korps of Krieg?
>Oh thank god anon, I thought you were a pathetic fat neckbeard NEET LARPer or a tweed-wearing professor, you know, the sort of people who play historicals

:^)
>>
>>51693756

How am I supposed to enjoy science fiction wargames if I'm not a scientist?
>>
>>51693817
Easy, you enjoy fantasy, because soft sci-fi is exactly just that - a fantasy.
People who aren't historical buffs and claim that they enjoy "historical wargames" usually think that Code DaVinci and Assassin's Creed are true historical accounts.
>>
File: 1478478244224.jpg (21KB, 440x498px) Image search: [Google]
1478478244224.jpg
21KB, 440x498px
>>51694221
>people believe Assassin's Creed is a historical account
>>
>>51691390
>>51691536
>>51691600

grown men "playing" historical wargames about wars in which the veterans are still alive are SOOOOO fucking cringe
>>
>>51694221

How can I enjoy fantasy if I'm not a theologian, historian or similar?

>implying you can properly understand fantasy without first understanding the mythos and literary themes it draws inspiration from

Even pulp shit requires you to be familiar with certain tropes. How can I enjoy things, anon? How?

>>51695742
>cringe

gb2leddit
>>
>>51695914
> How can I enjoy fantasy if I'm not a theologian, historian or similar?
You enjoy it as adult fairytales first. Everyone is familiar with fairytales. Then as you slowly accumulate amount if fantasy read, you distance yourself from mindless fairytale stuff to "serious" worldbuilding and shit. Just look at fanfiction.net and its prevalent userbase.
>>
>>51695742

>not playing 'collect ISIS kill counts', the game...
>>
>>51695914
>>cringe
>gb2leddit

but it is. imagine leaning over the table arguing with the other neckbeard whether or not your little tank has line of sight while an actual ww2 vet walks into the store, sees 2 grown ass men around a table "playing" a simulation of the nightmare that was his youth
>>
>>51695742
RL history has some pretty top-tier lore.

>>51699002
Imagine if a vet started playing with them and dominated because he knows tactics and mind-games better than they do.

Although there are a bunch of military people who get into tabletop roleplaying, at least in the US. It makes me wonder how many former/inactive soldiers have had the inclination and income for miniature wargames.
>>
File: reforming in house.jpg (129KB, 736x600px) Image search: [Google]
reforming in house.jpg
129KB, 736x600px
>>51699129
Fucking tons of veterans play miniature wargames. Including wargames of current conflicts. Including ones they've personally been in or in the case of a lot of '70s and '80s veterans, a war they were expecting to happen at any moment.

It's way, way less of an issue for those that have served and even fought, than it is for people who've never so much even been through basic training. Not all of them mind you, whole bunch who play miniature wargames and don't want to do anything more realistic than 40k. But it's not a huge problem.
>>
>>51693756
Reading history is roughly as fun as reading speculative fiction.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.