[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

System ADD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cr8sdv.jpg (41KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
cr8sdv.jpg
41KB, 640x598px
I have a chronic problem with being able to run campaigns lately.

I now have access to so many options over years of buying games and getting involved in the share threads and my players are so neutral as to what they want to play that I've been locked in a situation where as soon as I start planning for one system I feel the urge to switch games and plan something for another game.

This is going on 3 weeks as I put our meetings on indefinite hiatus and no one will give me definitive opinions of games to play.

I have an irrational concern about running something shit even though these guys have always been happy with my results but I want to pick and play something that's really gonna knock their socks off. But I'm not sure what to do.

Wat do?
>>
Play oD&D for a change.
>>
>>51685435
If you haven't already try running GURPS. It's huge variety of options makes it something you can really sink your teeth into as a GM and allows you to do something different each game. It might help you from wanting to constantly switch systems as the amount of different campaign styles you can run with it really help vary things up for both the players and the GM and not just the difference of fantasy vs Sci-fi, but the difference of the entire feel of the system. You can play it anywhere rules light to crunchy complex combat, gritty realism to spectacular heroics, combat heavy to social oriented and plenty others ways to switch up the feel of your game.
>>
>>51685435
> my players are so neutral as to what they want to play
>no one will give me definitive opinions of games to play

Run the game you want to run.
>>
>>51687038
I'm a huge OSR guy already

>>51687138
I already know about a dozen systems and while I own GURPS books I use them as research resources.

>>51687147
I usually just try to appeal to people so I have no idea what to run. My interests switch fast with no one to keep me on track.
>>
>>51687189
Edit: Couple dozen systems.
>>
>>51687189

Your players clearly aren't helpful. Think of 2-3 things you would like to run. Tell your players to rate them. Idea with most points is the one you will run.
>>
>>51687221
That was something I had considered.
I'll work on a list.
>>
>>51687243

My groups follows this code. If someone wants to run something we give it a try. That is least we can do. Especially because he is researching for the game (and probably even learning new system) and GM has biggest job. Even if he improvises 90% of the time it is taxing to entertain 4 other people for four-to-eight hours. So we play what GM wants to run. You don't like it? Come up with the idea and run the game yourself.
>>
>>51687333
I run everything otherwise nothing would be played. But at the same time I try not to run stuff only I would care to play.

I gotta compete with video games and shit after all.
>>
Make your own system then. You look knowledgeable enough to do something that wouldn't suck, and the amount of work that would have to be done will distract you for quite a while.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.