[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 87

File: 1475307985264.png (351KB, 952x808px) Image search: [Google]
1475307985264.png
351KB, 952x808px
"Dark eldar are web-way neets edition."

>Dank Daily Duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzYtesTxtD8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Don't you dare dog ear the pages.)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

old thread >>51680138
>>
Anyone here actually make a kill team out of Deathwatch? Do they just get stomped?
>>
>>51684465
I have 5 guys with shotguns and Boltguns. Actually like the one off fuckers.
>>
>>51684465
They're sternguard, but with some extra options (including close combat weapons)

Not the best, but hardly the worst. Having extra flexibility makes them fun to play, if you're into that.
>>
File: nFLMwaX.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
nFLMwaX.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Nth for Rough Riders charging Tank Squadrons in a competitive setting... And Winning!

>>51684491
Bolter+Shotgun deathwatch are great. I feel like the best way to run them is to buy some Underbarrel shotgun from somewhere like anvil-industries.

Someone charges your 5-man veteran squad? 10d3 wall of death!
>>
>>51684465
A guy I know who got into the game started with Deathwatch, though he quickly switched to Space Wolves. Deathwatch are really expensive and elite focused as an army. It seems hard to play them on their own.
>>
After reading Fall of Cadia, it struck me how GW is really emphasizing the "super zealous platonic beat friends" relationship between the SoB and Black Templars.

I think it would be cool if they merged the BT and SoB into a "Crusaders of The Imperium" codex in 8th edition. It would provide the SoB with the codex update (and of course models) that they've wanted for years, and also return a sense of distinctiveness to the Black Templars that has been missing since we lost our codex.
>>
>>51684465

They have a lot of great toys to them, but are hyper-elite for the points costs. They do have toys to help make up for it, like the Flamer/Heavy Bolter for hordes and the Frag Cannon for anything tough or stubborn.

Keep a solid core of marines with basic weapons to keep the body count up, but you're vulnerable to being overwhelmed and each casualty takes its toll. Their strengths are having weapon profiles and toys for every situation plus general marine toughness.

Also, HoR or GW Kill Team?
>>
>>51684520

>Deathwatch are really expensive and elite focused as an army. It seems hard to play them on their own.

They're a rock in a game of rock-paper-scissors-WAAC
>>
File: reveal3.jpg (261KB, 1000x1056px) Image search: [Google]
reveal3.jpg
261KB, 1000x1056px
I got this badass today. What would be some units to use alongside him?
>>
File: the delegates Dahnald.jpg (264KB, 501x657px) Image search: [Google]
the delegates Dahnald.jpg
264KB, 501x657px
>>51684452
Are the Blood Angels represented by the Blood Raven or were they just excluded from the image?
>>
>>51684532
Heralds of Ruin always, waaay less fucking broken, 10x as much customization. Also dat inherent cap of no more than 24 models, so you don't have the same problem of assholes bringing 100-man kill teams like you do in GW-KT
>>
>>51684535

So:
>Rock = Elite Team
>Paper = Horde Team
>Scissors = Medium Team
in this analogy?
>>
>>51684537
He could tank for 5 banshees on a starweaver or a venom.
>>
>>51684537

50 war walkers
>>
Alright, back for another round of feedback on how the fuck to make a Land Raider work in such a low point list.
>>
>>51684518
>unpainted in tourney
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51684518
>Bolter+Shotgun deathwatch are great
And illegal, as of the latest and greatest FAQ. No WAACing your way around it even though the codex is so poorly-written that it's technically legal.
>>
>>51684594

Well, a 2/3 split between 5 marines of Shotguns and Bolters or Bolters and Shotguns depending on terrain density and what you're up against could work well. Or just to taste.
>>
>>51684574
I don't know if you own the model, but axe the Scouts and put the Tacticals in another pod. Grav absolutely needs a delivery system. I would say Rhino, but I think you said last thread you don't own any.
>>
So is there anything that a Dark Eldar player can make use of in the Fracture of Biel-Tan stuff. I thought there was some Dark Eldar stuff mixed in the formations, but I can't find any mention of that anymore.
>>
>>51684518
Why does that Knight look so anorexic? Have you finished building it, cause it looks like it's missing some armor plates.
>>
>>51684635
You mean aside from the big jumbo faction that lets you take any eldar units including Deldar stuff, and the various formations that do include Dark Eldar units alongside their craftworld and harlequin counterparts?
>>
>>51684644
Its an Atropos.
>>
>>51684635
There is, but it's mostly Wyches and therefore pretty shit.

Soulburst is arguably a better gimmick than PfP though, so if you were thinking of playing a Kabal/Coven list then it's worth considering the Reborn Warhost with pure DE units. If you run in to a sperg who won't play you because lol Ynnari, show him your list.
>>
>>51684644

Skipped leg day.
>>
File: 1485846795997.png (462KB, 449x537px) Image search: [Google]
1485846795997.png
462KB, 449x537px
>>51684658
>Atropos in 40k
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51684491
>>51684621
I didn't realize they could get shotguns ? I have a lot of forgeworld astartes shotguns around somewhere. I guess I need to actually download this codex.
>>
File: cancer.png (562KB, 1903x1833px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
562KB, 1903x1833px
>>51684676
Will you fucking not
>>
Does a unit have to suffer a wound to be effected by the Dark Eldar's Soulfright at the end of the shooting or just have to be caught in the blast template?
>>
>>51684679

Deathwatch Shotguns come with Deathwatch marines. They have a few alternate shot profiles as well, including a template one so you can scatter shot up some fools who try to get in close.
>>
>>51684629
Yeah, don't own any yet, though my next investment is definitely going to be the Dark Angels Armored Assault box or a Vindicator because those things are sexy as fuck for softening up melee targets.

Added the scouts as an extra capture unit and a bit of long-range support fire. I also don't have any more Drop Pods yet because starting Black Templars was a recent impulse decision because I just really wanted to throw a bunch of dudes out of a big box into melee while said box is annoying and hard to kill.
>>
>>51684660
>>51684656
Do I still have access to Raiders? Can I put my Harlequin in raiders again?
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 1850pts.jpg (215KB, 900x1478px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 1850pts.jpg
215KB, 900x1478px
>>51684635
>>51684660
Well, I posted my pure DE Ynnari and Haem Covens list last night and triggered some people.
Tell me, do you think this REALLY that bad or are people having the kneejerk reaction of a lifetime?
>>
>>51684676
I took on one in a 40k game. Toe to toe with my sword and board wraithknight. I lost, but it exploded and fucked up his army so there was that.
>>
>>51684682

The Normies have evolved...

NEET WAR NOW
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51684713
Nice! Guess the ones I have will stay in the bits box until I get around to making my blackshields
>>
>>51684594
Yea the new FAQ is fucking retarded. The Deathwatch codex wasn't even that great to begin with, and now it got completely unecessary nerfs that made it practically nonviable.

Plus it was apparently written by the ITC faggots.

>>51684644
That's not my Knight. It belonged to my opponent.

My dudes are the sternguard vets sitting under it's legs, and the Chapter Master sitting in the razorback that afterwards ate a 6 on the D table.

I eventually won because my warlord somehow lived to the end of the game, and said knight got burned down over the course of 3 turns.
>>
File: d2266.jpg (18KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
d2266.jpg
18KB, 228x221px
>>51684734
>>
>>51684518

Paint your shit you disgusting tourneyfag
>>
>>51684711
Just has to hit.
>>
>>51684530
Personally, I think that it could work out pretty well.

The Templars portion of the codex would essentially be BT HQs, and their unique units (we could have the old Sword Brethren unit back, in place of Sternguard/Vanguard), and of course the typical SM units (excluding Scout squads, Sternguard/Vanguard, librarians, standard tactical squads, devastators, and a couple other things). They could come up with a BT answer to Devastators, which have never fit in well with BT armies.

I confess that I don't know much about sisters.
>>
File: 1449475589668.jpg (104KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1449475589668.jpg
104KB, 449x642px
>>51684682
>posts Reddit
>/r9k/ referenced
>expects lack of cancer
Anon I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>51684752
Awesome thanks, I was wondering what was up with the Strength 1 on the weapon. So as long as they aren't fearless which a lot of stuff are and they fudge the leadership test then they're fucked?
>>
Friends, I decided to start a new army for a tourney and the inner circle thing so today I picked up DM, GS2, DE start collecting, and a wraithknight. How can I build up this into a 2k tournament viable list in two months?
>>
>>51684574

I was going to call you a huge faggot for running AV14 under 1000 points (like not even at 1000 points, under it, fucking really?) but then I realized it says "Tourney List."

In that case the answer is probably "you can't" since everyone else will be preparing for exactly this sort of cheese, with one billion haywire, grav and melta guns
>>
reposting;
>>51684365
Yeah, that's what I figured. If I'm lucky I'll get possession on both sorcerers, who may be on bikes, giving me a possible two greater daemons. And maybe keep it if gained on DP as well, to pull off when at low wounds. Might sculpt up a GUO too to mix it up a little if I manage to get it on 2+ models the same game.

So to summarize my Word Bearers army;
-Flying DP summoner
-2x Sorc, one or both on bikes, with the bikers and spawn squads I'll have either way
-Chaos lord for warband. Either on foot with a CSM-squad, or on Juggernaut with axe of blinding fury with spawn, depending on points available
-Termicide squads for chaos warband formation. One or two units, combimeltas on first, melta or plasma on second
-Bikes for warband, melta
-At least 2 squads of CSM for warband. Likely very big squads, 15+ at least, upgrades/marks depending on points.
-Havocs for warband. 4x AC or 3xAC+1xML
-1-2 units of spawn for auxillary (2 if juggerlord)
-probably a dark apostle for at least one CSM squad. Word Bearers after all.

1 Lord and 1 Sorc are part of warband, getting those bonuses as well. 1 sorc, DP and apostle are taken as "Lord of the legion" choices for the "main formation". This leaves one slot open there for another lord or sorc as well.

CSM squads: one MoN. One maybe MoS with icon. Beef up squads with any leftover points. Add a cheap lord to one squad for fearless, quite capable combatant even if he only has a power weapon/fist.
Apostle, is his Zealot just a better version of Fearless, or does Fearless give some benefit Zealot don't? Either way, he's in there to buff anything nearby with Zealot. Might as well also add Baleful Icon from Word Bearer artifacts to him if no other HQ is taking it. Enemy needs to reroll successful charges against his unit, and doesn't get extra charge attack even if they manage the second time, for just 15 points. Stick in Nurgle or Slaneesh squad?
>>
File: Reborn Warhost.png (531KB, 676x6367px) Image search: [Google]
Reborn Warhost.png
531KB, 676x6367px
I'm considering taking 93 infantry models to see how this death god shtick works out. I won't win, but I don't give a fuck. What say you?
>>
SO when are we gonna get the Guilliman Enhanced Marines?
>>
How viable/legal is a HoR Deldar Kill Team made up of reavers?
>>
>>51684779
forgot to add Gangs in there as well.
>>
>>51684716
Yes, because the new detatchment is technically a new faction of all 3 of the others.
>>
Which is more iconic? Blood Angels or Ultramarines?
>>
>>51684775
Yeah you can get some decent mileage out of it as long as you're not facing marines.
>>
>>51684716
The jury's sill out. Technically, your units still have different factions, but being in an Ynnari detachment gives them all ANOTHER faction, the Ynnari faction, so they are ALSO from the same faction. I really want to rule in favor of it but it just means the return of Vect's Raider Rental Service and I'd rather put that bullshit behind me.

>>51684719
Ignore the autists on /tg/ that get triggered by the sight of Ynnari. Pure DE Reborn Warhost is absolutely fine. I myself look forward to seeing what tricks I can pull with my Reavers in it.
>>
>>51684719
>>51684719

I run almost exactly the same list (too lazy to read wargear, might even be exactly the same list) as pure DE all the time. I've even posted it here before, nobody complained.

People are just mad because of whatever the fuck soulburst does. If you die you get a free move or some shit. It's silly since as far as I know your guys have to be clumped up to get it and (I assume that the "Detachment" is your Ynnari-rules-DE part and the rest is Covens) the stuff you threw in the Ynnari part isn't even scary OR prone to being clumped up OR anything out of the ordinary for DE

tl;dr there is literally nothing wrong with your list, they're being faggots
>>
>>51684787
Think i saw them play a list like that on miniwargamming. HoR looked like it did well enough.
>>
File: WP_20170211_18_32_24_Rich.jpg (493KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170211_18_32_24_Rich.jpg
493KB, 1024x576px
Hey there /tg/ GGA here with another Minecr- I mean 40k batrep. Played a pretty massive 2500pt game against my friend's Nid army if you're all interested in a batrep. Did you guys play any games today too? What are you anons up to?
>>
>>51684682
What are they rolling ?
>>
>>51684823
If you're within 7" of a unit that dies, you get to move, shoot or assault once per turn.
>>
>>51684831
You play peanut butter nids a lot, huh?
>>
>>51684782
I already attempted bringing my Land Raider once, nobody was prepared for it, everyone was thoroughly impressed that I even bothered bringing one and I still lost every game except against Tyranids because I was flooded in models while my Land Raider could barely dent their numbers.

Only time anyone attempted fighting it or even bothered was the Ork guy crashing his Morkanaut into it while his 10 or so bikes, 3 Killa Kans and Deff Dread took care of my few remaining models on the field with Gretchin capping the two objectives he had directly at his table edge.
>>
>>51684839
nothing it's just a dank maymay dude xD
>>
File: Tau - 1000pts.jpg (99KB, 900x514px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1000pts.jpg
99KB, 900x514px
Is there anything I'm fucking up?
>>
>>51684823
Soulburst is actually a fair bit stronger than you think. It can be an extra round of shooting or an assault, and triggers off of enemy deaths.

I think it's perfectly fair on a Dark Eldar army, as it's essentially an edgier version of Battle focus and actually gives them some speed and killing power that promotes their alpha-strike nature and wanes as the battle goes on.

The problem is using it with craftworld stuff which is all already amazing.
>>
File: 1486860090702.jpg (102KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
1486860090702.jpg
102KB, 900x562px
Is this gonna be alright to run as a competitive list? Is it even going to be any fun to play against?

Not sure if I should drop some Wargear to give the Crawler an Icarus Array or risk having no AA and if the Pseudogenerator is actually going to be worth anything. Also, all Gravtaphrons or should I mix in some Plasma?
>>
>>51684831
Played a 3k game today. 1500 of my Exorcists + Coteaz + his crew w/ 1500 Blood Angels + Celestine vs. a horde of Black Legion.

We basically just ran at each other and fought until we died. Didn't finish before the store closed but I think loyalists were going to carry the day.

Highlights include:

>tac marine punching a terminator to death
>Coteaz's eagle killing an Obliterator
>Said Obliterators tanked a fuckstupid amount of shots and there were 2/3 left at the end of the game
>Celesting cut a Forgefiend in half
>>
>>51684843

Yeah I don't really see the problem there if it's basically only applying to your Reavers, Venoms, and Scourges. In fact if anything I would say you kind of picked weak choices to put in there because even though those are basically our best units, it's my experience that if you stick them all in one spot they'll all just die. I guess it will work for Reaver screening but in that case the guys I assume you usually want to take the soulburst action (Reavers) will be the ones dying.

tl;dr still see literally no problem with this, anyone complaining about DE getting a buff is a huge faggot anyway

>>51684867

Fuck I was just about to hit submit and this popped up. I didn't realize it's *any* unit that dies. That's a bit better. Most of the above still applies though since afaik the Grotesquerie and DA don't get that benefit from it (and also are the least likely to die and give it to your other guys)
>>
>>51684809
Blood Angels probably.
>>
>>51684809
Blood Angels because they're closer to Blood Ravens.
>>
>>51684831
Casually painting stuff. Ogryn and a lascutter stormtrooper.

Heard one of my games got put online. Knowing a few thousand people got to watch me get tabled is a strange feeling.
>>
>>51684888
I think you're still missing a key point here. It's any unit. That includes enemy units. You don't need to clump up and have your weak units die to benefit the remaining ones. You can just balls to the wall forward near the enemy, blast them off the board with something, and then your dudes near them an extra shot at doing something, which may be shooting a different enemy, which may trigger it for another unit.
>>
I picked up fracture of biel tan today and i feel like im spoiled for choice and every list i make looks too elite to be any good on the table.im playing a game friday and I definitely want to bring the triumvirate to try them out and 4 black wind riders in the formation with scatter lasers, thats 985 points so that leaves 1015 for a reborn warhost. Any ideas?
>>
File: 1485847130809.jpg (106KB, 640x489px) Image search: [Google]
1485847130809.jpg
106KB, 640x489px
>>51684831
What actually is that thing? I'm behind on my Nids since I haven't seen them played much since like 4th edition.

Anyway, I did play a game today. Dusted off my old Marines to play against a friend's AdMech with Cawl. That motherfucker is absolutely indestructible and just went around buffing the shit out of everything. My Leviathan was instagibbed turn 2 by a counter-DSing Holy Requisitioner (in doing so they didn't drop where they needed to go, which would prevent my Warlord from dying) but my fucking Ironclad once again got shit done, annihilating the entire formation by himself and then fucking up a Knight (Melta -> 4 HP gone, then charged and finished it off). Though he at a 6 o nthe D table in return, he was on 1HP so I didn't give a shit. My friend was pissed because that motherfucker literally never loses to Knights - I beat his Knight list before because he just refused to die, so him furthering his reputation made the game a memorable one.

All in all it was a draw 12-12 by turn 7, though I still had my Fire Raptor on the board, so who knows.
>>
>>51684902
SPESS MAHRENS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMLfACod48
>>
Is there a verdict on the rapier laser destroyer carriage? It looks like pretty good value for points and means I can move away from lascannon weapon teams.
>>
>>51684921
So, you're taking craftworld Eldar stuff with all their new toys and formations, and you're worried about it not being good enough?
>>
OK, so given that I have to get some Tempestus Scions to run the Wrathful Crusade formation, I figure I might as well get some as they can also fill the "2 different factions" requirement for Castellans of The Imperium as well.

I run large, melee focused Crusader squads (Bolt pistols and chainsword with neophyte meatshields). So, how should I outfit them to best complement my Templars?
>>
>>51684930
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dimachaeron
>>
>>51684783
Interesting thing I just noticed;
The Daemon Prince can get two rolls on the boon table this way (for anyone unaware, it normally doesn't get boons due to not having that champion of chaos rule).
Purchase one with Gift of mutation for him, then give one with "The eight-fold path" rule for the Word Bearers formation, which can be used on any character. That's a second chance to hope for the D3+1 additional rolls as well.
>>
File: IMG_3743.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3743.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51684831

I held the line.
>>
File: GxXBuqc.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
GxXBuqc.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>51684831
I managed to shame my primarch today by completely botching a competitive mission that rightfully should be my chapter's specialty.

I was running a 1000 point Raptors list against a 2000 point Space Sharks army. The mission was "Assassinate". I automatically win the game if my opponent's warlord drops dead, my opponent wins if his warlord survives the game.

My list was the following
> ML2 Librarian
> 2 Scout squads, 2 Heavy Bolters, 1 combi-grav
> Command squad with Apothecary and 3 plasma guns in an Infernum Razorback
> Sternguard vets with a single combi-grav in a Razorback.
> Leviathan Dreadnought with Full-kit in a Lucius Pattern Drop Pod.

My plan was essentially to insert into the field and tactically execute his warlord like a good operator. The Leviathan there was for my heavy lifting in case something went wrong, since he could easily shred anything I pointed him at. Tyberos the Red Wake was sitting in a 5-man assault termi squad with all lightning claws.. Not exactly very tough, should be crackable by using rending bolters to surgically remove the squad, and then shooting tyberos to death with plasma guns.

My fuckup happened when I completely forgot to infiltrate my two scout squads. I didn't have the key rending bolters needed to ablate his squad, and FATMAN didn't have the AP in shooting to take care of it either. Although he did snag 2 of the termies in t1 without leaving his pod, while also clearing a straight path to tyberos.

Turn 2 had me losing half my sternguard vets, and my command squad got charged. My second fuckup happens when I forget my psychic phase. I could easily have used Electrodisplacement to swap my Command squad with plasma-guns, with my 2-man sternguard squad that can't crack termi-armour. Instead they got stranded in melee. FATMAN made his hail-mary charge range to get in combat with Tyberos, but he then whiffed HARD and only killed 2 of the termies, then he got CHAINFISTED to death and exploded.
>>
>>51684920

No, I got that after the second anon's post. I just don't think it makes that much of a difference for most of the units you have selected, especially since more than half of your list is melee-only. If you're within 7 inches of the enemy unit that died it can get you an extra haywire shot at a tank, extra anti-blob shots from the venoms, or your Reavers get to charge immediately rather than drawing fire for another turn. I get it. But DE suck so much ass compared to CWE that even with that buff it's only going to work sometimes and requires even more planning on the "you must plan every single thing out or your glass 'cannons' will die by turn 2" army. The guys charging still have to make it through overwatch and/or are still going to die to bolters the next turn.

tl;dr It's a nice buff but nowhere near as bad as eg. Skyhammer Annihilation Force.
>>
Strength from Death doesn't work with units in vehicles right? If my Warriors in a Raider kill a unit, they can't fire gain right?
>>
File: photo_2017-02-11_20-53-48.jpg (265KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-02-11_20-53-48.jpg
265KB, 1280x960px
These beautiful bastards did work for me tonight. Killed a wolf lord, two squads of grey hunters, and some sternguard. Beautiful. Chaos is hella fun, mannnn.
>>
File: smug2.png (48KB, 172x118px) Image search: [Google]
smug2.png
48KB, 172x118px
>>51684961
>Maulerfiend
>most dangerous melee unit in the game
Fucking kek, why does 1d4 shill dinobots so hard?
>>
>>51685011
Non-vehicle unit. So the warriors on the raider benefit from it, but not the raider.
>>
>>51684942
I have harlequins and dark eldar too, i wanted to bring 5 incubi in a star weaver, a 6 man troupe with neuro disruptors in a star weaver, then 5 dire avengers in a serpent. Maybe my brain is just as scattered as my lasers right now since i havent slept well all week. I play pretty casually and dont aways play eldar so playing to win isnt always on my mind
>>
>>51684976
>nicely painted Vostroyans
>3 color Daemons
>unpainted Riptides
the meme thickens
>>
Playing guard, can I actually make a passable melee unit? Something like a commander with power fist, all CCW vets in a chimera?
>>
>>51685004

Actually after moving some models around on the table and considering things I've revised my opinion to "it's a pretty good buff actually." But it is going to require 1 billion years of planning and JUST AS PLANNED, and if your opponent is smart he can mitigate the effect to a high degree in the way he deploys his own units. On the other hand though it is nice to eliminate 2 threats at once as DE, even if one of them is just getting Reavers stuck in with something that wants to shoot. Between that and the DA I guess you have plenty of opportunities to disrupt the fuck out of your enemy's plans.

So never mind, I can see why anons got mad but it's nowhere near as bad as it could be and not even slightly close to as cheesy as the formations everyone else gets.
>>
>>51685036
This >>51684784 is what I'm bringing, man. I'm just gonna throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. I fully expect to be triggering strength from death left and right.
>>
>>51684831
Procrastinating painting my final venom...No games lately because my friends can't be bothered to slightly bend their schedule even though I've faked being sick to call in to work to hang out with them sometimes. And one of them even wants to test his custom Space Marine Chapter supplement so we can start doing some internal balances.
>>
>>51685033

Nice, Venoms with Blasterborn are gonna get so many vehicles kills.
>>
>>51685036
Oh and a far seer with the incubi
>>
>>51685072
You really can't. If you have to, though, slap a Psyker(s) and Priest(s) in a Bullgryn squad, it's the best you'll get.

>inb4 Rough Riders
>>
>>51684930
Some Forge World monstrous creature out of one of the Imperial Armor books. He described it as a bigger Lictor pretty much.
>>
>>51684831
Getting behind on painting since all of the sudden friends actually want to play games with me.
>>
>>51685072
Psykana Division formation all rolling on Biomancy could be funny. According to the FAQ, Brotherhood of Psykers powers that "affect the Psyker" apply to the whole unit.
>>
>>51685089
Actually, it just dawned on me that the raiders could trigger it but could not benefit from it because I'm pretty sure you can't target a unit that is embarked even one on an open topped transport.
>>
>>51685072
Play Castellans of the Imperium, run 30 - 60 Rough Riders. Enjoy Hatred on a unit with S5 AP3 I5 that everyone and their mother can and probably will underestimate to their doom.
>>
File: how it should have ended.png (814KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
how it should have ended.png
814KB, 1024x819px
greetings from /m/! as someone that has barely been following along, I heard necrons are a deal in Gather Storm, can anyone give me specifics, please?
>>
>>51685072
>can I actually make a passable melee unit?

Not really, your best bet is 5 Infantry squads joined together into one unit with all 5 sergeants with Power Axes and priests.
>>
>>51685141
Not yet. We don't know anything yet.
>>
>>51685141
Not really. The most that's happened is Trazyn giving the Imperials some help at Cadia with the anti-warp pylons and trading around his pokeball collection.
>>
>>51685141
Trazyn (one of their characters) made a guest appearance in Fall of Cadia, but they've yet to get their own campaign book or new releases. It's early days though so anything could happen.
>>
>>51684812
>>51684823
I just remembered the Ynnari relics. I'm probably going to free up some points to give my Succubus The Lost Shroud for delicous EW, FnP.

And losing IC status isn't much because she doesn't really have a point in joining my other units.
>>
>>51685072

Platoon. Priest. Commissar. Celestine. Best you're going to get. You're not going to break worlds in assault like marines, but you can drown the opposition in a shitload of attacks.
>>
>>51685082
Yeah that seems to be the way to play it out, bring whatever i own and see what happens when you put wraithguard in a raider and flat out into his deployment zone
>>
>>51684893
Who?
>>
The eternal guard player question, baneblade or knight? I know knights are better, but baneblades are just way more fluffy.
>>
>>51685195
'blade

fuck efficiency, supertanks are cool
>>
>>51685155

Ymga Monolith recently got a fluff tidbit, along with a giant daemon whose bottom half is a snake's (Fulgrim), which is all just a bunch of Inquisitorial notes which may pan out into new warzones to explore.
>>
>>51685195
If you must bring a Baneblade, bring one of its variants. The Stormsword is disgusting, the Hellhammer pretty incredible and the Stormlord is hilarious.
>>
>>51685169
>his pokeball collection.
pardon the ignorance, but I don't know what you mean by pokeball
>>
>>51685082
Hey you have battlescribe working with reborn warhost? How
>>
>>51685211
Necrons have these things called Tesseract vaults that they can trap things in. Trazyn uses them to capture interesting or rare people, much like one would use a pokeball.

He released a bunch to help out the Imperials in their fight for Cadia, but also picked up their general after the fighting was over.
>>
>>51685224
I make my own datafiles. I just made a new detachment and put the rules into my eldar datafile.
>>
is it legally possible to use an unpainted soul grinder and randomize which patron god it has before the start of a match?
>>
>>51685195
The tanks have more dakka and hull points
>>
>>51685253
>unpainted
Don't do this.
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 1850pts.jpg (215KB, 900x1478px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 1850pts.jpg
215KB, 900x1478px
>>51685174
Here we go.
The Raiders in the Grotesquerie lost Dark Lances, but the Succubus gained the Lost Shroud(Webway Portal in this list) and Haywire Grenades while losing the Blaster Pistol.
>>
>>51685253
Just paint it to look chaosy in general, don't be skimp on painting shit, cunt.
>>
>>51685253
Paint it up like the slaves to darkness color scheme, and just randomize it.
>>
>>51685243
Okay, thank you anon! Didn't know that was even a thing.
>>
>>51685261
>>51685278
>>51685296
I was thinking Malal colors actually
>>
>>51685276
Is this legal? I know Trueborn are in a weird spot but how can they count towards the mandatory Troops if they stop being Troops choices when you upgrade them?
>>
>>51684538
IIRC this was never intended for TG. We just got a hold of it and made some copy pastas.
>>
>>51685246
Cool, i saw that they were working on it and said it would be easier than castellans detachment, im happy to see someone did it quickly by himself
>>
>>51685316
FAQ makes this ruling:

Q: As they are upgrades to Kabalite Warriors and do not have their own datasheet, do Kabalite Trueborn still count as Kabalite Warriors for the purposes of the Kabalite Raiding Party Formation?
A: Yes.
>>
>>51684574
>>51684719
>>51684860
>>51684876
>>51685276
where do you anons make these?
>>
>>51685359
Neat. I'll remember this.
>>
>>51685359
>>51685316
>>51685367

Actually...reading that over again...I'm not entirely sure. I would like to believe this sets a precedent for other formations, though.
>>
>>51684876
Anyone got any input?
>>
>>51685366
Nice bait
>>
>>51685359
It count's for the formation. It doesn't mean it is still a troop choice. Trueborn are not Troops for the purpose of fulfilling detachment requirements.
>>
File: d3359.jpg (899KB, 1680x2052px) Image search: [Google]
d3359.jpg
899KB, 1680x2052px
>>51685366
>>
File: CtL87XWUEAANC60.jpg (31KB, 325x395px) Image search: [Google]
CtL87XWUEAANC60.jpg
31KB, 325x395px
>Tournament starts in 1,5 hours

Wish me luck lads
>>
>>51684860
what are you going up against?
What point limit (I'm guessing 1000 points)
Want any list tailoring against specific factions?
What do you own?
>>
>>51685420
Depends on what you're rolling
>>
File: WP_20170211_19_00_00_Rich.jpg (459KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170211_19_00_00_Rich.jpg
459KB, 1024x576px
Also glorious Rough Riders were glorious. They murdered an entire unit of Hormagaunts so I was pretty satisfied with them. Any other Guard anons use them?
>>
>>51685392
Yeah, I addressed that here >>51685373.

It's weird because by all means except the force org slot they are "Kabalite Warriors".

I was going to ask them on Facebook, but I see someone asked in the official Facebook page already and they asked not only about Trueborn, but Bloodbrides aswell, but they haven't responded on it.
>>
>>51684537
Fuck banshees use Incubii with venom instead
>>
>>51685451
IG now and always
>>
File: aquarion logos.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
aquarion logos.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>51685420
Have this exhalted gift from /m/ for there is no mech better than Aquarion Logos.
>>
>>51685359

They count for the Purge Coterie too, but they're never Troops.

The reason they count for the Purge Coterie is that it doesn't require a Troops slot. But a CAD does. I assume the Ynarri deatchment you're using does too. If, however, it says "0 - ## units of Kabalite Warriors" you can use them.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>51685420
Rolling for Anon's luck.
Just remember to double check all your armor saves
>>
>>51685464
Good luck, then
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>51685420
Rolling for how well you'll make shots/wounds.
>>
>>51685243
Wait, Trayzyn nabbed Creed!?
>>
>>51685530
No, it was some other metal giant who shoved him in a tesseract vault.
>>
How do I make a fun, and tournament ready list with the new GS supplement?
>>
>>51685574
Scatbikes soulbursting the shit out of everything.
>>
>>51684518

in the grim darkness of 2017, faggots don't paint shit
>>
>>51684860

Split that final set of crisis suits into 2 units instead of 1 big unit. I know it's less efficient for Markerlights, but it's way better for maneuver and flexibility.
>>
>>51685574
>take a shitton of scatbikes and Reavers, using additional detachments with a Lahmaean HQ as needed
>turboboost the Reavers as close to the enemy as you can
>shoot the fuck out of them with scatbikes
>Soulburst and assault with the Reavers
>Wraithknight in LoW
>>
File: FUCKING SELFISH YNNARI FUCKS.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING SELFISH YNNARI FUCKS.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
WHAT THE FUCK FUCKING UPLOAD THE FUCKING EPUB ALREADY YOU SELFISH FUCKING ELF FUCKERS

HOLY SHIT

>REEEE
>REEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEEE FUCKING NOW
>>
I really like Skitarii Vanguard. They always seem to earn their points back very quickly.

What is your favorite unit in your army?
>>
File: zJzzMVL.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
zJzzMVL.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51685452
Still painting up mine. My Rough Riders are now what wins me games, while drawing up serious questions from skeptical people. I brought 30 of them to a tournament today and absolutely destroyed someone.
>>
>>51685616
>>51685590
alright so I need 2 troops compulsory for this to work, should I grab 2 troops from CE or DE?
>>
>>51685642

Buy it you fucking poorfag NEET scum piece of fucking REEEEposting trash. I hope your mother dies in her sleep tonight you insufferable, irredeemable socialist cunt. Choke on 10,000 dicks.
>>
>>51685642
buy the book if you want it that badly, faggot
>>
>>51685671
>>51685686

nope, just going to steal it. Have all of the rules already.

stolen every single GW book so far
>>
>>51685670
>Should I grab 2 units of scatbikes that I was recommended, or a unit of Wyches or Kabalites?
>>
>>51685702
Not familiar with eldar, do those actually just count as troops for them? Holy shit.
>>
>>51685671
>>51685686
>/tg/ literally has reddit level gw cucks who defend against not downloading jew workshop books

holy shit i am laffin. fucking cuck level pathetic

stay friendless
>>
>>51685718
>reddit
>cuck
>jew

Three words that all tell us that your post isn't worth reading.

Anyways, Kastelan Robots. Are they worth using outside of a War Convocation?
>>
>>51685716
Welcome to craftworlds, where almost everything is OP, and the things that aren't are still really good.
>>
>>51685697

Then stop bitching you fucking nigger. Wait for the scraps the adults give you.

>>51685718

>I'm a poor lazy faggot nigger and I'm going to complain that hard working people of the less melaninated variety delayed my ability to piggy back off of their work by a few days

Commit sudoku, shitposter
>>
>>51685732
God damn, this makes it so much easier than I thought it would be
>>
The terminator annihilation force formation seems like it could potentially be quite useful. It's basically grab 3 termicide squads, and get terminator armour for free on your lord/sorc. Is there even anything requiring the lord to be in one of the units, or could I just deploy him normally with the main army?
Also, how cheesy(and/or legal) would it be to add it to my Word Bearers army, as allied Death Guard (for fearless and fnp, offsetting the -1I by just going axes)? Maybe even run a maxed squad with a lord for a tough T5 2+/5++ FNP unit, maybe equipping the lord with one of the pieces of DG-exclusive wargear or something as well
>>
File: d4673.jpg (27KB, 675x368px) Image search: [Google]
d4673.jpg
27KB, 675x368px
>>51685731
>angry that someone uses reddit in a negative way
That's pretty epic.
>>
>>51685642
>he doesn't have some spare cash from his tax returns
>>
>>51685731
>>51685742

you are so fucking mad that you spent like $50 on that shitty book hahahahaha and I'm going to get the exact same thing for free hahahahahahaha holy shit
>>
>>51685775
>tfw I'm getting nearly 3 grand in excess returns from my student loans next week
>>
>>51685779
good luck playing with your phonedex at a tournament nigger
>>
File: 1443833601447.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443833601447.png
17KB, 600x600px
guys please, I know it's easy to reply to screeching retards but you have to stop
>>
>>51685779
hahahahahahaha we're supporting the things we like hahahahahahaha holy shit
>>
>>51685775
i'm spending it on tendies and plastic doll soldiers anon. mummy is taking me tomorrow
>>
>>51685665

You sound like an "explorer" in gaming classification. Usually applied to people who delve into lore and location, they also apply mechanically when an explorer tries out new builds that are usually disregarded by the meta in favor of optimized builds, the potential of a written-off option suddenly realized.

How's the meta at your place? Also, how do you use Rough Riders?
>>
>>51685755
(Basically, I just want to add in DG terminators to my army as that's one of the most interesting upgrades for CSM units in the traitor legions book; the option to make terminators great again, while I don't really want to go all out DG)
>>
/pol/ get out and stay out

>>51685731
Yes they're expensive but pretty good. That one formation where you get a bunch of them in one unit is a massive distraction that can dish out the pain if ignore/not focused enough bonus points for adding Cawl
>>
File: Wyches again - 1000pts.jpg (154KB, 900x699px) Image search: [Google]
Wyches again - 1000pts.jpg
154KB, 900x699px
Does Ynnari make this playable?
>>
>>51685779

hahaha I make 50 dollars in less than 15 minutes and you literally can't afford the things I buy as an afterthought because I'm bored hahahahahaha

Fucking NEETs. You are all scum but it makes me happy to know you will literally never ever be able to afford nice things.
>>
>>51685859
Only people on the lowest rungs of /pol/ society talk like that.
>>
File: Ynnari - 1500pts.jpg (221KB, 900x1329px) Image search: [Google]
Ynnari - 1500pts.jpg
221KB, 900x1329px
Hey guys, what do you think of my Ynnari list. It is based on my harlequin/dark eldar list but added some wraith cheese.
>>
>>51685859
Makes sense.

I don't own Cawl, I only have a Dominus right now. I actually don't know what my shop's meta is like since I have no way of transporting my models from my house to the shop to play, so I dunno how people there feel about Cawl.
>>
>>51685931
wtf i love america now
>>
>>51684831

Did a kill team match today! Some Renegades versus a platoon of filthy corpse-worshippers.

Took a fair few with me, but they buried me under bodies. Next time I'll take a platoon of my own.

And so I have become cancer, the destroyer of fun.
>>
>you will always get GW media for free

All these faggot Ynnari white knights holy shit hahahahaha can't even get a game

you are all such good gee dubs customers, very very good little boys
>>
File: Orks - 1479pts.jpg (170KB, 900x740px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1479pts.jpg
170KB, 900x740px
Feedback appreciated.
>>
>>51685963
hah btfo, like America in 1 year
>>
>>51684831
I haven't played in almost a year!

I'm slowly trying to actually paint my guardsmen so people don't have to see grey plastic anymore! My paint job is not very good but some color is better than no color!
>>
>>51685975

Forgot, warbuggies are 1 squadron. AB won't allow more than 3.
>>
File: thousand sons review robots.jpg (197KB, 1005x641px) Image search: [Google]
thousand sons review robots.jpg
197KB, 1005x641px
Holy fuck these are sexy. How do 30k armies fair vs 40k stuff? cause I want some.
>>
>>51685012
way too blue
put some washes over these guys
and re-do those lighning bolts while you're at it, they're too chunky
>>
>>51685843
Ah normally my meta is fairly casual, with people playing basically every army except for Tau. I saw a couple unique setups at the tournament, with almost no netlists at all. However most of the stuff shown was forgeworld equipment, since my meta has a very sizable 30k crowd that comes out of the woodwork whenever there's a tournament.

I use my Rough Riders as a sort of surgical tool, like a big-ass shaped charge that I fling at weak spots in an opponent's army to exploit them. My Rough Riders are almost always played with a combination of sturdy objective holders, and at least two DISTRACTION CARNIFEXES, as well as psychic support. I use Fulmination librarians to snag off turn-1 charges with rough riders.

My favored targets are large blocks of MEQ's, or non 2+ armoured MC's. Like I once went against a Ravenwing player, where I used my rough riders to annihilate all of his bikers, while the rest of my army dealt with his termies.

The bigger 2+ targets are typically dealt with via my Leviathan. He comes down in his pod and shoots something to death on turn 1, while the rough riders absolutely demolish my opponent's frontline. The rest of my army then exploits said resulting weakness on turn 2, and follow by mop-up.
>>
>>51685208
>Ymga Monolith

Wat dat?
>>
>>51685975
Oh, and the warbuggies have rokkits.
>>
>>51685755
>>51685856
On second thought, that formation would be 413 points barebones (not even counting the combiweapons to make it proper termicide squads) if running them as DG. Quite a big investment just to gain free Lord terminator armour (40pts) and get an extra round of shooting right when deepstriking (even fully kitted with combiweapons there'd be no real reason for that as the combis can only be used once anyway, and getting to shoot at two different targets same turn would only really be good with enough models to be able to get off at least 2-3 meltas/plasmas per target). That's too bad. Maybe in large games then. Still thinking about just allying in a squad of 4-5 DG termis with a termilord though, if that's technically legal. No idea how to build lists nowadays when the force chart seems irrelevant. Do I need to take things as formations or can I just fuck around when it comes to allies?
>>
>>51684905
Got a link?
>>
Black Templars are totally getting a buff in 8e and get a big wave of support like literally all other Chapters have gotten so far once Helbrecht's confrontation with Ghazghkul happens, right?

Right? ;_;
>>
>>51686003
30k is designed for significantly larger battles than 40k is usually played at, as such 30k armies are fairly limited in what they can take and do when played against 40k armies.
>>
>>51686055
I think you would need to take an detatchment of some kind for it to have a different Legion than your main force. Either a formation with the terminators or another CAD
>>
>>51686068
Thanks mang. I might just start it up anyway and bare with it. Theres no 30k scene in my area but if I start it up who knows.

Or I could start up a admech force...
>>
>>51686119
30k FUCK ROBOTS!!!
>>
>>51684518
How many rough riders do you need to make a good enough unit?
>>
>>51685434
This will be my first army, I'm building this off of two start collecting packages to try to keep costs low early on, so I don't have a sense of what the meta here in Seattle is like yet

>>51685595
Yeah, if I keep my fire warriors and my commander marker light team pretty static then I could picture that being useful. I wonder if splitting it up into a squad of three suits with plasma rifles and squad of one with fusion blasters would be more efficient for dealing with vehicles and TEQs
>>
>>51686058
Yeah, let me pull it up.

mistakes were made, but I had fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVj94DPAhpU
>>
>>51686119
I, too, think that >>51686132 has the right idea in that you should buy 30.000 fuck robots.
Get working on that AdMech army, son!
>>
File: mmexport1486880630723.jpg (223KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
mmexport1486880630723.jpg
223KB, 1280x960px
On the way to making 60(multi) melta's meme a reality.
>>
>>51686086
Ah allright. The way armies are built nowadays has confused me quite a bit.
>>
>>51686065
We can only hope.
I was speculating about a potential merger with the SoB in a "Crusaders of The Imperium" codex
>>
>>51686155
Kek, actually saw that before. Nice armies you guys had there, fun game.

>>51686217
I'd be ok with that. Would give me that final push to get some Sisters without having to start an entire third army and they'd complement each other pretty well, actually.
>>
>>51686149
Full 10-man squads apparently. Any less and you're just asking for the squads to never reach melee at all. Having a good distraction is necessary too, they can't survive being the biggest threat on the board.

Splitting the dudes into 5-man units causes them to occupy an upsurd number of force-org slots. Normal detachments only have 3 fast attack slots, but a castellans has 6. But then you get the new problem of your rough riders being vastly more vulnerable to morale issues. 5 rough riders suffer a morale check after suffering only a single casualty, while 10 suffer it after 3 dudes. 5 man squads require 1:1s to raly once they lose 4 dudes, while 10-man require 1:1s after they lose 8.

Overwatch is painful too, but similarly makes the whole 10-man groups necessary. You need the full 10-man squad to ensure that when you reach melee, you have enough dudes to wipe your target out in one go. The survivors should then be used to immediately tie up other nearby squads.
>>
>>51686003
you'll get to use them... mostly when the new imperial armour comes out.

>>51686198
I also, having just recieved my order of vorax's and friends agree that robots are great.
The big C is a bitch to build some times.
and cybernetica sucks in lower point games with the minimum 600 point buy in with no scoring units.
>>
>>51686249
Thank you! <3 I'm a new Imperial guard player and really want to field them, I was thinking of converting mine using outriders from FB with that Rough rider converter kit from Victoria minutures as well as those gas mask heads from Pig iron
>>
>>51686249
Should take a biker Lib Conclave with them so they all get ATSKNF. Auto-regroup.
>>
>>51686292
That's actually a great idea.. Huh, now I just wish I actually had bike librarians.

>>51686282
That seems like a great idea anon. Have fun making your conversion!
>>
>>51686241
Yeah, main reason I went was because I knew it'd be against a painted army and on a proper table.

FLGS terrain is bad, man. To the point I might just make a setup for a 6x4 and leave it in the trunk of my car.
>>
>>51686353
Having a portable 6x4 around that also looks good seems like a great idea and a fun project to work on.
>>
File: Imperial Guard - 1850pts.jpg (289KB, 900x1262px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Guard - 1850pts.jpg
289KB, 900x1262px
Rate my list! Feedback appreciated.
>>
>>51686292
Okay, so I had a suspicion, and I just now learned that Skilled Rider applies to the entire unit if only a single model has it.

So if you're running a Castellans detachment with Rough Riders, you could get rid of one of their big problems by making those aforementioned Librarians White Scars. White Scars get skilled rider, which applies to the entire squad, and makes them immune to Dangerous Terrain.

Now we just have another problem in that Rough Riders don't have the ability to jink..
>>
>>51686155

Beautiful army! I love the classic look on your Marines.
>>
>>51684783
Anyone got any ideas on what to change/add?
Assuming I run one MoN squad and one MoS with icon, how should I place my ICs in them? Thinking an apostle in the MoS one, and a lord in the MoN one (maybe with palanquin). Or maybe put both in the same unit to have the lord benefit from the rerolling of boons rule? Then just keep the second squad around to be within the apostles Zealot aura. Maybe have another cheap lord in the second unit just to be sure they both always have fearless.
>>
File: Kav3Rrf.png (87KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
Kav3Rrf.png
87KB, 500x389px
>>51686003
>Anime robots are weeb when they Tau
>Anime robots are sexy when they Imperium
>>
>>51686155
Jesus anon, those are some fucking solid paintjobs. I love the retro Ultramarines look.
>>
>>51686155

This was fun to watch since both armies are actually fucking painted. Nice Smurfs, anon.
>>
>>51686383
Yeah. Haven't made terrain in over a decade, but I should still have some pink foam and corrugated card lying around. I almost envy the infinity players, pre-made MDF stuff is easy peasy to transport because of how durable it is.

>>51686455
>>51686490
Thanks dudes, it was a labor of love. Guilliman soon, I hope his rules aren't stupid busted.
>>
>>51686004

the blue is washed in drakenhof nightshade. How would you recommend thinning down the lighting bolts?
>>
>>51686504
You gonna do the retro Ultramarines paint job on him?

Best be putting on the helmet.
>>
>>51686409
That's actually a pretty good call. You can solve the lack of Jinking by having the Librarians roll on one of the more defensive psychic tables. You could probably snag a decent save for the group that way.
>>
>>51686487
>Someone says one thing
>Pretend they said something else first so I can feel superior
>>
>>51686529
Alright well I'm actually gunna be fairly honest here when I say that you probably shouldn't be spending that much attention on your Rough Riders. The more points you spend on making them deadlier/tougher, the more attention they're going to get from your opponent. Rough Riders tend to die when your opponent shoots them, and there's really not much you can do to stop that. They are guardsmen after all. In fact librarians casting big scary biomancy powers on them might just result in them drawing more attention than they otherwise would have warranted.

They're also one-use only.. Once your Riders blow their load over something, the only thing they're good for is tying up non-melee units. So once they use their hunting lances, all your points spent in getting them into melee is now no longer doing you any good.,
>>
>>51686458
The ICs I'll have available to distribute to squads:
- 2x Sorc. One is part of Chaos Warband and therefore slightly "better" (probably not gonna get much use from the double roll on boons when killing characters that often, but gets Objective Secured at least). ML2, Daemonology. Both unmarked. Likely to both be on bikes, but open to suggestions.

- 1x Lord, part of chaos warband, Army Warlord. Likely gonna be either MoN palanquin and stuck in the maxed MoN CSM squad, or I'll use this slot for my Khorne Juggerlord with axe of blinding fury if I field him. Greatly benefits from CWs double roll on boon when murdering shit rule.

- 1x Dark Apostle, for the zealot aura.

Got one open slot in "Lord of the legion" part of the main formation (as DP takes a slot as well).
Speaking of rolling boons, how does the Apostles rule of rerolling boons interact with Favoured scions from warband?
I kill a character with a lord in the same squad. He gets to roll twice on the Boon table, and choose to take either one or both of the results. I get one good result, and one useless. Do I reroll both, or do I reroll just the one I don't want, as they are technically two separate rolls?
>>
File: emperor_against_horus.jpg (263KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
emperor_against_horus.jpg
263KB, 1024x707px
>>51686521
He'll have a helmet, for sure. Might even turn the flaming sword into a normal sword too, depending on how the part looks in my hands.

The trim will probably end up gold, though. My honour guard/HQ units have gold trim to set them apart.
>>
>>51686583
Nope, it's just standard shit /tg/ says.
>>
>>51686604
Horus really rocks the Ogryn look.
>>
>>51686657
the mark of chaos is actually just some extra chromosomes
>>
File: TalosPainEngine.jpg (113KB, 371x583px) Image search: [Google]
TalosPainEngine.jpg
113KB, 371x583px
reposting here because the thread is more busy

>I'm working on building a new talos as part of that inner circle thing.

>I wanted to paint it as I go because of its shape, so I didn't yet put all the parts together, but I was wondering:
>I know plastic glue makes paint run, and super glue does not. Is there anything wrong with using super glue to attach vestigial parts like spikes and extra limbs?
>>
File: Daemon_Prince.jpg (70KB, 430x550px) Image search: [Google]
Daemon_Prince.jpg
70KB, 430x550px
>>51686668
!?
>>
I should probably ask /wip/ but all the DE players are in this thread usually so I'll ask here:

Anyone tried using Incubi Darkness basecoat with Sotek Green highlights? Can you post an example? I'm very strongly considering doing something like that for my Kabal.

Something like
>Incubi darkness base coat
>either a layer of chaos black + incubi darkness, or maybe a black wash idk
>sotek green highlights
>sotek green + white thin highlights
>>
File: space marine laugh.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
space marine laugh.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>51686668
goddamnit
>>
New ynnari faction means you can run 3 skyrunners and a solitaire for a kill team.

"Lol"
>>
File: yYhQxx7.jpg (619KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
yYhQxx7.jpg
619KB, 2448x3264px
>>51686685
What is the Inner Circle thing?

There's literally nothing wrong with using super glue. The only difference is that the plastic won't weld together. You will, however use superglue to fix those spindly extra limbs every now and then.

You can see in my pic related, the middle extra limb has already snapped off before and you can see the super glue fix.

>>51686711
Sotek Green is really blue, you'll probably need to make Sotek a secondary highlight and use another color closer to Incubi Darkness to make the transition smoother. Incubi Darkness is a weird fucking paint, too. It's almost denim blue colored in the pot, when it's thinned with paint on my palette it's a dark green, and then when hit with Coelia Greenshade it becomes like a mix of the two denim blue and the dark green.
>>
>>51686685
Super glue can fog up sometimes, but more importantly I wouldn't trust it with small bits that can get snapped off and lost.

Nothing wrong with it though, and in either case you're going to want to scrape the paint away a bit so the connection is bare plastic/bare plastic.
>>
>4 orks/grots in OP image
>there's literally only 1 Ork codex
>other codexes that are actually differentiated don't get to be in the OP because the space is taken up by an I2 melee race

Faggot
>>
>>51686749
I'm mostly worried about affixing the spines on the top and the vestigial arms on the side, since the rest I plastic glued on and I need to be able to get at the torso easily.
>>
>>51686748
>What is the Inner Circle thing?

I think it might be a canada thing, or canada/US, but it's a multi-month long army building/painting contest with some small unbound tournaments as it progresses.
>>
File: raptors natural habitat.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
raptors natural habitat.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>51686685
Superglue outright destroys paint on contact. If you're going to glue and paint as you go, you need to be suuuper careful not to touch any painted parts with your glue.

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PRIME YOUR SHIT. Don't fucking paint on unprimed models, you're literally asking to have your paint come off.

Also mentioning Inner Circle. Now I have an excuse to finish all of my fuzzies and actually write down all the fluff I've come up with for them.

>>51686748
Inner Circle is a new thing geedubs is doing to get people into building up an army. They're doing this new rewards program for people to earn points for coming up with an actual army.. Painting it up, NAMING your dudes, writing FLUFF for your dudes, making a little DISPLAY for your dudes, and customizing YOUR DUDES with conversions. Basically being rewarded for indulging in all of the facets of the hobby at once.
>>
does everything get a bonus attack when charging by default and being successful or is that only based on certain rules and weapons?
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1000pts.jpg (192KB, 900x880px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1000pts.jpg
192KB, 900x880px
I want to play AdMech but I need to have something alongside these Skitarii while I work on getting more Skitarii and AdMech stuff.
How is this for a casual 1000 point list?
>>
>>51686787
>Also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PRIME YOUR SHIT. Don't fucking paint on unprimed models, you're literally asking to have your paint come off.

well obviously

>Superglue outright destroys paint on contact. If you're going to glue and paint as you go, you need to be suuuper careful not to touch any painted parts with your glue.

so I would be better off using plastic glue for it? I have both, I was just worried about putting it all together in the end.
>>
>>51686748
>Sotek Green is really blue, you'll probably need to make Sotek a secondary highlight and use another color closer to Incubi Darkness to make the transition smoother. Incubi Darkness is a weird fucking paint, too. It's almost denim blue colored in the pot, when it's thinned with paint on my palette it's a dark green, and then when hit with Coelia Greenshade it becomes like a mix of the two denim blue and the dark green.

Alright thanks. So what I'm seeing is basically

>Incubi darkness
>Wash of coelia greenshade
>SOMETHING????? (kabalite green mixed in maybe?)
>sotek as final highlight

The power of google brought me to this guy's page, pic related
http://bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2015/02/01/the-wych-and-the-warrior/

Looks fucking amazing. He used:
>Primer: Black
>Armour: Incubi Darkness
>Armour
>1. Incubi Darkness 1:1 Sotek Green
>2. Kabalite Green 1:1 Sotek Green
>3. Coellia Green Shade
>4. Kabalite Green 1:1:1 Sotek Green/Sybarite >Green
>5. Sotek Green 1:1 White

It's, uh, a bit above my painting level but thanks for the hint anon, helped me find the right direction
>>
File: IMG_3467.jpg (281KB, 3733x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3467.jpg
281KB, 3733x1200px
Is there an Ultramarines version of this?
>>
What army utilizes deathwatch allies the best?
>>
>>51686487
As someone who loves Tau and hates anime, those aren't anime robots, brojob
>>
>>51686786
>>51686787
Ah, ok. Thanks. I saw my local GW (Fort Worth) post about it. Looks like I should've waited a year to do that with my Dark Eldar. Currently working on fluff for them, but I'm fucking stuck at names.

So far, it's a Kabal working to unseat Vect by working with him and possibly I'm thinking of having them "split" and have some join the Ynnari under the orders of the Black Heart to infiltrate the new kids on the block. They're painted in the Black Heart colors because I was originally set on just doing Black Heart, but after reading the path of the DE series, I want my own Kabal. The history of the kabal is that they were a lower level noble family(Currently thinking of using Lucerian as the family name) put in place by Vect's rise. They're currently led by Twin Archons (Can't think of names) and work with a Haemonculus of the Hex coven(named Serilyx, the Fleshfather) and guarded by a hijacked Cronos and Talos sent as "gifts" from The Prophets of Flesh.
>>
>>51686824
Dude, that's a sick fucking color scheme. Go for it. I was terrified of doing DE because I'm terrible at edge highlights. A little practice(read: the majority of my army) and a (sounding like a shill here, sorry) Windsor newton brush go a long way.
>>
>>51684594
>deathwatch
>WAAC

:?
>>
>>51686003
30k units have massive points taxes on most units compared to 40k equivalents. Sicarans are pretty neato though
>>
>>51686851
You think that's bad? I finished building and painting my army not 2 months ago.

As for my kabal:

I wrote mine as an archon flying under the banner of the obsidian rose because I wanted my own paint scheme and I love the fluff of aestra khromys.

My archon gave up her nobility and went into hiding during vect's uprising and bided her time, studying under my haemonculus, Elzaiah Mastris, and took their name. Going with my preference for lots and LOTS of max distance bombardment with lots of dakka, my archon has a preference for siege warfare while leaving the dirty work to reaver armies and her personal talos pain engine.

I also fluffed out my shitty painting and building as her still being comparatively poor to other archons, which also explains my only recently getting incubi.
>>
File: DIY chapters.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
DIY chapters.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51686841
the index astartes stiff in here.
there's an entire book called insignium astartes about it too.
and most vanilla space marine dexes should have that info too.
>>
>>51686846
As someone who loves anime, they are anime robots, brohymen.
>>
>>51686872

Yeah I'm going to do it. I had something very similar in my mind before finding that (slightly darker teal but with similar highlights, and a brighter pink-magenta than that purple). I'll probably fuck the edge highlights up but oh well, practice makes perfect. Thanks for the brush recommendation.
>>
>>51686962
No problem! The Size 1 is a FUCKING WORKHORSE I don't use any other brush except for when I do shades/large basecoat areas/drybrushing. If you have Amazon prime they're like $13 which is a fucking steal.
>>
File: raptorsyetisuits.jpg (619KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
raptorsyetisuits.jpg
619KB, 3264x2448px
>>51686851
Yea, my army I'm doing for this is the Raptors 1st company, which gives zero fucks about the codex at all. We have 18 'units' to work with, so here's what I got.
1: Chapter Master
2: Captain Valentine
3: Command Squad (Company Champion Solidus)
4: Honour Guard (Chapter Champion Adamska)
5: Commander's Infernum Razorback
6 - 9: 4 Scout Squads
10: FATMAN (Leviathan Dreadnought)
11-14: Sternguard Squads(A lot of them are named)
15: Tartaros Termi-squad
16: Equerry Marius(Termi captain)
17: Vanguard vet-squad
18: Haven't decided on this one..

I gotta get more people named. For the most part the entire first company consists of a collection of Kill-teams that are led by a set of tactical commanders from their Command-Razorback. There's 5 distinct "teams" within the company, who all operate together in the same AO, with the Chapter Master's "big team" there to hit up larger targets like outright assassinating enemy warlords.
>>
Recently started playing 40k, got some Raven Guard Marines. Gonna go for an air assault/ drop pod themed army. Is bringing IG as meat shields/ cheap units a good idea and what IG units should I get?
>>
>>51687001
depends on if you're going unbound.
>>
>>51686487
Nigga that ain't anime at all.
>>
>>51687001
If you're drop podding in your Marines it's going to take a long time for footslogging guardsmen to catch up.
>>
>>51687027
Unbound?
>>
>>51685642
Fucking buy it you asshole.
>>
>>51687001
Only if you went for the Castellan detatchment so you can freely mix and match.

I would recommend holding off though. Hard to meatshield for dudes who are already halfway across the board, so the main thing you'd be getting is tanks or artillery.
>>
File: 2017-02-11 23.40.17.jpg (593KB, 942x1034px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-11 23.40.17.jpg
593KB, 942x1034px
The forearm armour for TSons sorcerers is so fucking good, I need it for all my marines
>>
>>51685642
is anyone else actually looking forward to the day some jew inventor finally invents a way to make books and movies and shit somehow unuploadable to the internet just to btfo of shits like this? You know every corporation ever is pouring cash into somehow protecting their investments. What would a generation that grew up getting everything they wanted for free even do at that point? No free music, movies, books?
>>
>>51686925
Oh, so Ultramarines don't have knee markings? I could have sworn I'd seen them somewhere?
>>
>>51687040
so most players, when you start building an army, expect you to follow 'formations' or 'detachments'. You'll find these in your codex, and a simple one in the rulebook. Generally it's a way to direct how you build your army, and while running allied arms detachments(which would be some IG in space marines), the amount you run would be limited afaik and the bulk of your army would still need to be space marines.

Running unbound is fine, especially for newer players and low point costs, but as you get into higher points and get more experience you'll be generally expected to run your units in formations which will limit how much IG you can run.

To be fair though, it's generally pretty easy to find formations. My dark eldar 'realspace raider' formation, for example, just needs an HQ, 2 troops, and 1 fast attack, and has space for almost whatever I want as well.
>>
>>51687087
technically not on their standard uniforms (because company/squad markings are done on the pads), but the ultramarines do use the knees for campaign badges
>>
>>51686747

I would love to run into that killteam as a killteam player.

"oh cool, you can kill at max 4 units a turn. Carry on then."

Meanwhile my 9 deathwatch veterans gun down the solitaire in a single turn.
>>
File: You Are Alpharius - 1850pts.jpg (253KB, 900x1063px) Image search: [Google]
You Are Alpharius - 1850pts.jpg
253KB, 900x1063px
Had a 1850 point match against a friend playing Farsight Tau. It was a friendly match and he didn't Riptide spam or anything.

I lucked out on my army build because he was running a lot of high strength, penetrating shots instead of templates and tons of shots.

It was pretty fun but goddamn moving all those guys was annoying.
>>
>>51687113
Well yeah, but I'd thought I'd seen Ultramarine/Codex Astartes kneepad company markings that are like the ones the Dark Angels have.
>>
Anybody got a copy of shadowsword they can share?
>>
File: da great escape.jpg (500KB, 530x1752px) Image search: [Google]
da great escape.jpg
500KB, 530x1752px
>>51686065

You realize that's already happened right? Helbrecht and Yarrick caught up with Ghaz, obliterated most of his fleet, then Gork and Mork personally intervened and teleported Ghaz away.
>>
File: The_Fundraiser_Riley.png (157KB, 567x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Fundraiser_Riley.png
157KB, 567x300px
>store does a fun valentine's day killteam tourney at the store
>was planning to do a game, but some 30k players sniped the table I thought I had booked
>never done kill team before, but jump in a group since a player was leaving
>bring a venom and a squad of blasterborn trueborn with a commander that had a splinter cannon
>find out details of rules, realize just how worthless splinter cannons are
> a fact a tryhard is quick to openly scoff in my face about
>game is 2v2
>start deploying
>he mentions the store owner had said no infiltrating because it rather defeats the spirit of the game(the goal was to get your team commanders in base contact/wipe out your opp's commanders)
>asks us if he can infiltrate
>I don't especially care
>neither does my teammate
>he proceeds to deploy almost his entire army of scout marines into vantage points all over the map in spots that would make it near impossible to shoot him down, including atopa multi-floor tower about 3 inches from my deployment zone
>start of game, my team seizes
>fly my venom with my commander up, blast the shit out of his scout up there
>immediately, he starts whining about skimmers being able to ignore height
>keep my venom up top, moving about to shoot where I can
>by the end of turn 2, it and the commander inside are all I have left
>he continues to take pot shots at me, whining about the venom's 5+ invuln save
>complains his tiny-ass squad of marines can't easily shoot it, says it violates the spirit of the game and that I was playing tryhard
>meanwhile, he continued to take sniper potshots at me and I had essentially two targets per turn
>by the time my partner was able to kill both other commanders I was down to 1HP and he continued to insist I was playing 'full competitive mode'

Did I somehow stumble onto some super secret WAAC strat? I wasn't even hiding up there, it jus so happened it was the only place on the map I had a good vantage point to see his scouts while they remained having a 3+ cover save.
>>
>>51687090

Unbound is more balanced than Battleforged. I'd rather face unbound Necrons or Space Marines than the same armies with a Decurion or Gladius enhancing them for free.
>>
>>51687239
Nah you just caught a faggot out when he thought he was being super clever.
>>
>>51687204
I only casually keep up with 40k these days so when was this? With Primarchs back, an Eldar demigod awoken andEmps for 30k soon* does this mean Gork and Mork are coming? Nagash is a god in age of sigmarines and he has a model so I am expecting more.
>>
>>51687239
No, he's just retarded for trying to kill a vehicle with sniper rifles
>>
>>51687279

That's back from 2014, in the Ghazghkull supplement.
>>
>>51687239
You should have used footslogging kabalites only and never used cover.
>>
>>51684719
Your list is illegal. True born are upgrades to Warriors, but that upgrade moves them to elites. you still need two troops. Trueborn suck anyway. They were better when you could take 3 or 4 with blasters, but forcing the extra guy makes them too expensive. just add extra scourge. Cheaper, do the same job better, tough you may have to combine the reaver squad, which has its pros and cons. I'd swap out the blast pistol on the succubus for a haywire grenade because grenades do it better, have longer range and is cheaper. The nightmare doll probably isn't worth it. The panacea is alright, but you are getting IWND turn three anyway. ymmv. Ravager is best in groups of two in my opinion. Swap out the night shields on the raiders because its making wet tissue paper slightly dryer and more expensive. Better to put enhanced eathersails and get in face turn one. 24" flat out is no joke. take off the dark lances. You'll miss anyway just because, and you won't be shooting it anyway because you just flat outed into his face. With the points you save add scissorhands to an aberration, or add an extra grotesque to the squad (either one is fine for different situations). Solid base though. Its very much like my 1500 list but at higher points. Those stacking -ld is pretty nice. Souldburst is what DE need I think.
>>
>>51687239
>next game
>tourney is winding down because it was getting late
>1v1v1v1 last commander standing
>my former partner was playing dark angels, vs CSMs and skitarii
>he starts with just a rhino on the field with his commander and a few marines inside
>he flat-outs it to what I and everyone else thought was a normal piece of cover, backs it up to protect his back armor
>manage to wreck it
>he pulls all his marines inside into the building he'd backed into, which was a bastion
>nobody else at the table thought it was more than regular terrain
>he insisted it was to be treated as a bastion
>we need to look up the rules for it and how damaging terrain worked because nobody knew
>while camping out in it, he proceeded to start deep-striking everything else he had into everyone else's base
>I manage to kill the assault marine in my corner, he manages to kill the skitarii commander and CSM
>his commander was, of course, in the bastion
>mine was in a venom that got wrecked
>CSM gets a raptor into my base
>about to go after my blasterborn specialists
>SM player tells him to go after the single soldier on its own
>repeatedly asks him to do so
>CSM finally does so
>start of next turn, SM cackles that he won
>CSM and skitarii player are confused, ask where my commander is
>SM player smugly says the CSM had killed him

Today is when I learned that even in a friendly scenario at the casual local store, with zero stakes or even rewards, some players really must win at all costs in tournaments.

>>51687300
trueborn are great. give the last one a splinter cannon and slap them on a Venom, watch them fly around sniping everything that moves.
>>
>>51685195
Get a Baneblade and magnetize it in Order to have access to many variants.
Then get a knight
>>
File: so happy.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
so happy.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>lot of bits includes 4 warwalkers and a wraithlords
>less then $100

either i've struck gold on ebay or i'm a fool for wanting this many warwalkers and another wraithlord. y'all ever stumble upon a deal too good to pass up?
>>
>>51687317
You should have reminded him that dead people can't talk and he should try again next time
>>
Fracture of Biel-Tan epub/scans yet?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4498x3138px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4498x3138px
>>51687087
>>51687133
It depends a bit what era you look at.
These days GW also doesn't paint lightning patterns on their studio vehicles anymore.

Back in the day some squads had kneepads in company color and roman numeral indicating squad number.
The Assault sarge here had a sarge badge with red skll (which GW also doesn't do anymore) on his knee.
The squad leader from the tactical squad here has a checker pattern which kinda looks like the DA insignia. And like the DA insignia here it indicates company only because of it's color, not because of the pattern though.

And as the other anon said campaign markings were a big thing back then too.
>>
>>51687350
...what?
>>
File: image.jpg (896KB, 2174x3167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
896KB, 2174x3167px
>>51687354
here's a termie squad with the skill army badge.
>>
File: image.jpg (767KB, 2184x3143px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
767KB, 2184x3143px
>>51687365
some example army badges.
>>
File: image.jpg (759KB, 2192x3160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
759KB, 2192x3160px
>>51687376
and here the veteran markings.
Note that the kneepad here is used to display the crux terminatus.
>>
>>51687362
Reminded the SM he was no longer in the tournament and his opinion was irrelevant.
>>
>>51687394
two different SM players.

the second one was my partner in the first game, he didn't do any of the same bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_3461.jpg (198KB, 1534x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3461.jpg
198KB, 1534x709px
How do I paint Ultramarines like this? I really love this retro scheme.
>>
>>51685896
Very solid, though you may want to drop the Archon for a Succubus or Autarch (who dresses like an Archon). Why is he even there? No blaster, no weapon. no shadowfield. dead weight.
>>
>>51687354
>a sarge badge with red skll (which GW also doesn't do anymore)
Technically they still do it. You'll notice the transfers, and even the ultramarine upgrade kit have a sergeant's iron skull present. Even added in the iron halo for the squad's second in the new kits.

They just don't always paint it in red.
>>
>>51687409
the blog you took this image from has a tutorial
http://taleofpainters.blogspot.de/2016/11/tutorials-how-to-paint-space-marines.html
>>
>>51686805
Everything by default gets +1 attack if it charges, unless it makes a disordered charge.
>>
>>51687422
Yeah. There are a lot of subtle changes that happened to most big chapters.
The changes to the imperial fists are not for the better imo. And I miss the black trim on Blood Angels.
>>
>>51687426
Where?
>>
>>51687456
On the page I posted the url for there is an ultramarine tutorial.
Just paint the gold parts yellow (like the one from the IF tutorial) and pick whichever company you want to paint the trim.
If you need to you can look up how to paint the bolters red in the Dark angels tutorial.
>>
>>51685012
what head is that?
That dude looks cool as shit
>>
>>51687317
That "sniping" is 18" 4 shots when you move due to salvo which is a real bummer. if you give the last one a splinter cannon you have a 195 point wet tissue paper boat that will be taken out by one tactical squad with a plasma gun. The exploding boat will kill all your trueborn. Just take two venoms if you want more splinter. Ive been toying with the idea of having a 10 man Warrior squad in a Raider with splinter racks. Spend a soulburst to have them shoot twice while in rapid fire range. 40 twin linked splinter shots for 150 points. unfh
>>
>>51687492
chaos lord on chimera I think. has an option for warlord or sorcerer. this is the sorcerer one.
>>
>>51687519
salvo isn't affected when they're on the venom.
>>
>>51687409
>>51687426
>>51687456
>>51687480
Btw, if it wasn't clear the tutorials are by the same guy who painted the retro UM you posted, Garfy.
>>
>>51687527
Yes it is. Same reason you can't fire a heavy weapon out of any other vehicle without relentless
>>
So why are they moving away from the "your-dudes" premise of the setting?

Theres exactly one Yncarne, named characters are now everywhere, all traces of customizing ones own chapter/regiment/whatever have been erased, Primarchs are back, etc.

why does GW hate supporting people who want to find their own niche?
>>
>>51687546
I was under the impression that because they're on the transport, which is open-topped, they're not affected by the movement of it so they get their full salvo, just like the venom itself does.
>>
what could i use a dinobot (forgefiend/maulerfiend) for if i'm not a chaos player? the model is cool as fuck but i'm an imperial blendfag
>>
>>51687580
Models firing out of a vehicle that moved at Combat Speed count as having moved that
turn. Models firing out of a vehicle that moved at Cruising Speed can only fire Snap Shots
that turn. They cannot fire if the vehicle moves Flat Out or uses smoke launchers that
turn, nor can a vehicle move Flat Out or use smoke launchers if a unit embarked inside it
shoots out.
>>
>>51687583
Maybe an Ad Mech dunecrawler? Loyalists don't get many walkers that shape.
>>
>>51687575
characters sell well and eventually there will be more yncarne as ynead gains in power
>>
>>51687575
>why does GW hate supporting people who want to find their own niche?
they don't, though
>>
>>51687605
yeah, but Fast vehicles that moved at cruising speed can fire up to 2 of their weapons at full BS, and this does not affect units on the skimmer itself, who can fire at their normal BS.
>>
>>51687575
Because advancing the setting is going to involve a bunch of named characters.
>>
>>51687575
Well there's nothing stopping you from fluffing your Yncarne as some other prophet/psyker/whatever if you want to. But i generally agree, yeah. Seems like we need them epic hero battles now for some reason.
>>
>>51687638
There's nothing in the fast section that contradicts the transport one. If you move a vehicle at combat speed, passengers can shoot counting as moving, if you move at cruising passengers can only snap shoot.
>>
>>51687664
I've been told by multiple sources that my kabalites on the skimmers can fire at their full BS even if the venom moves, and even when the vehicle jinks, the troops inside are unaffected.
>>
>>51687641
Plot wise they can just take the backseat.
>Eldrad + dozens of farseers try to revive the Ynnead, that get's blown up so now there are many shards running around as Yncarne, also everywhere Eldar are getting powered up to be Yvraine-like Prophets etc

They wouldn't even have to change any of the plot, just include more than just their three special snowflakes per race.
>>
>>51687130
batrep? what sort of list did the farsight mate take.
>>
>>51687697
You can move up to 6" and passengers can fire. Anything over that they snapfire. You're correct in that jinking doesn't affect passengers though.
>>
>>51687724
well that's unfortunate.

wouldn't it be 9" though, since flat out venoms can go 18"?
>>
>>51687737
No, combat and cruising are fixed speeds regardless of type. Passengers also can't shoot if the vehicle moves flat out.
>>
>>51687754
can they depart and assault?
>>
>>51687575
Because no army besides marines have had good customization options since 4th ed
>>
File: Crozius.jpg (49KB, 299x289px) Image search: [Google]
Crozius.jpg
49KB, 299x289px
Now wait a minute, why is this not a Daemon weapon? Is it really worth the points cost? For not that much more I could get a Black mace, with d6 additional attacks, fleshbane (giving the same to wound result against MEQ, but is more effective to anything with higher T), and it's own instakill mechanic, that also spreads. Sure, the AP is a little worse, but it's not like CSM are lacking in anti 3+
>>
>>51687761
And that sucks ass.
>>
>>51687760
You can only disembark if the vehicle has not moved more than 6".
>>
>>51687767
It's basically just an AP 3 power maul. That isn't that bad, but it's really expensive unless you're fighting Imperials. Even then it's still kinda meh.
>>
>>51687787
well thanks mate.
>>
>>51687783
yeah, but my point is that this is hardly a new thing. 40k has been hero hammer since its inception. super customizable Your-Dudes generals were only around from 3-4th edition
>>
>>51687783
Yeah, I almost feel like they need to give every army a few 'chapter tactics' like they did for loyalists and chaos. Just being able to get a couple army-wide special rules to help fluff out your army in a certain direction is really nice, even outside of power level concerns.
>>
>>51687811
And those fucking Heretics have been around for 10 000 years and yet we still abhor them.

>>51687828
So much this.
>>
How the fuck is the Tyrant's Legion list supposed to work?

I see a bunch of artillery with bubble wrap guardsmen and marines. That makes sense. Then I also see a bunch of Hellhounds, tanks for everybody, and bikes. But fitting both into a list is damn near impossible. I suppose it should basically be run as a gunline army with a few squads of dudes in metal boxes to go "firefighting" and counter-claim objectives?

The combat shield guys are pretty cool, Lufgt Huron giving everyone Ld 10 is neat, and the idea of a bunch of asshole angry marines shooting Guardsmen for fucking up is great. I'm seriously considering starting a Tyrants Legion army even though all the tier lists put them way below regular Marines.
>>
>>51687580
Someone has you thinking they know the rules better than they do, all open topped does for fireing is remove the need for fire points letting all models that are embarked shoot
>>
>>51684452
See, Warhammer 40k is the reason I'm afraid of having a bunch of children.

Because half of them are going to betray me, and at least one of them is going to put me into a catatonic state and lead a demonic army on a never ending quest to exterminate humanity.
>>
Someone told me that GW has stated that if a unit is removed from a codex, you can still use the most up-to-date rules for them. Is there any validity to this?

Can i still field ol' zogwort?
>>
>>51687844
>tier lists
>in 40k
if you take them seriously you're literally whats wrong with the game
this is a game for fluff and fun, not broken cancerous combos and competitive autism
>>
>>51687869
but riptide spam is fun xDDD
>>
>>51687795
Exactly. And a lot of the other legions get Daemon weapons at similar costs.
Or is it because the weapon should confer PE to the wielders squad, and therefore also work in shooting? Then at least it's slightly more useful, though only against imperials. Maybe put in a chosen/havoc squad with a bunch of plasma and therefore get to reroll the 1 (gets hot) results.
>>
The difference between piloting a mech suit and wearing mech suit is whether your extremities go inside the suit's limbs. Centurions and Crisis Suits are Infantry because they're people wearing power armor. Dreadnoughts and Riptides are Walkers because they have pilots in the "body" or "head" of the vehicle with automated limbs. Semi-sentient robotic entities without an internal pilot (such as admech robutts and big Necrons) can be considered Monstrous Creatures, but GW really needs to get the MC creep under control.
>>
>>51687861
Ask your local GW manager.
>>
File: Feb 1.png (426KB, 676x5526px) Image search: [Google]
Feb 1.png
426KB, 676x5526px
I have a local tourney in about 7 hours, and have 2 lists I plan on bringing. Here's the first...
>>
File: Feb 2.png (238KB, 676x3172px) Image search: [Google]
Feb 2.png
238KB, 676x3172px
>>51687970
... and here's the second. Both are fairly simple, but in friendly games with some of the people that will be there they tend to do quite well.
>>
>>51687869

Look, anon, my other army is DE and so I know first hand the pain of a shitty codex. I win fairly often but against some armies I'm just fucked from the start. Everyone puts DE in the bottom tier or the second from bottom tier, so while I don't really care that much about power rankings I'd prefer to know ahead of time if I'm starting another shit-tier army that will get BTFO. That's all I meant. Besides I fucking said I'd start them despite the tier lists so I don't know why that triggered you so hard.
>>
>>51687910
PE is a "as long as one dude has it" ability.
>>
>>51687970
>>51687976

These are fucking painful to read. I don't play CSM but I'd note that if you select a more pared-down output option more people might read it. Nobody who knows what's in the codex will need the statlines or effects of the items, just their names.
>>
File: 1485982213702.jpg (116KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485982213702.jpg
116KB, 540x540px
>havent played long time
>cant find stead group
>visit lgs
>get told group of friends have been playing
>ask when
>wednesday
>tfw second shift and can't play during the week
>>
>>51688038
who are you quoting
>>
>>51687767

At least its not a 40pt lightning claw with rending, which is worse than a fist+claw in almost every way.
>>
>>51688043

No one?

I'm just wallowing in the pain of nearing a year trying to find a steady group and failing miserably.
>>
File: 1438607181558.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438607181558.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>How would you fix tyranids tg?
>>
>>51688083
use 3rd/4th edition dex?
>>
>>51688083
Remove Swarmlord
>>
>>51688083
make synapse give EW again
remove the instinctive behaviour table
nerf TL devourers with brainleech worms
give the tyrannofex rupture cannon ap1, make the 'fex cheaper
scything talons reroll 1's to hit again
hormagaunts can run and charge in the same turn, have poison or adrenal glands for free
fundamentally alter the game rules so assault is better
make carnifexes cheaper and with better options
make tyrannocytes cheaper, because fuck paying 100 points for a drop pod
>>
File: Novamarines.jpg (124KB, 986x695px) Image search: [Google]
Novamarines.jpg
124KB, 986x695px
I feel like I'm missing something.
Have these guys ever been more than a footnote? I've seen people discuss them like there was more information to be found, but I'm drawing a blank as to where I should be looking for info on these dudes.
>>
>>51688124

At least your 10pt pods don't eat your carnifexes and shit...

Nothing like a 1/6 chance to lose that Hellbrute!
>>
>>51687993
Yeah, I realized that after reading up. So actually it could be quite useful anyway, as long as you're fighting imperials. And then it's at least okay but overprized against others. The same model could count as a black mace though I guess. Idea:
"Dark Apostle" (chaos lord)
MoN, Palanquin if there's points for it, Crozius, maybe some invuln save. Blight grenades. Maybe plasma pistol, as he has BS5 and now rerolls 1s (so low chance of gets hot).
"Actual" Dark apostle joining the same unit, giving the lord rerolls on any boons, and spreading his Zealot-aura. Maybe baleful Icon on him instead of blight grenades on lord (same negation of extra charge attacks, but forces enemy to reroll successful charge, for only 10 pts more than the blight grenades.
Either:
20 man MoN CSM squad, 2 plasmas.
or 10 man chosen/havoc squad, MoN, max plasmas.

Basically the main chunk of the army, crusading into the midfield and then just being tough motherfuckers. Crozius should take down anything non-2+ in challenges if they get to charge or get charged. Lord starts stacking up boons (they FaQd that the champion of chaos rule gives boon rolls even when enemy characters are killed with ranged weapons. Due to warband, roll two boons per character kill, choose one or both. Apostles rule should let the lord reroll bad boons.
Large points investments, but might be fun, at least against imps.
>>
>>51688143
they're part of the badab war
>>
>>51688143

They're in the FW 6th Ed Chapter Tactics list (even though it just says "Use Ultramarines tactics" lel), which mostly dealt with Badab War chapters. IIRC they're in the Badab War as well but I don't remember wtf they did.
>>
>>51688148
alright chaosfags, this is about tyranids
you can shit up a thread with your bitching later next one
>>
>>51688172
play hive fleet ultra and quit your bitching
>>
>>51688178
i dont even play tyranids bruh
>>
>>51688124
>This +
-go back to old Psychic system
-make Tyrants cheaper at base while keeping flyrant builds relatively the same price as before
-allow termagants to purchase a warrior and/or a venomthrope
-make Hive guard BS4 again
-Make Venom Cannons Assault 2 instead of Assaut 1 blast for the love of God
-Make warriors cheaper with a 3+ save
-make Pyrovores Beasts
-go back to the old "owner allocates wounds" shooting rule
-Use Lictor arrival rules from 4th or 3rd
-Remove Mawloc, make TFTD rule an upgrade for Trygons and Raveners
-Remove Exocrine, give bio-plasmic cannon to Tyrannofex
-Make rippers a suicide unit that can drown a tank
-Bring back ammo types for Biovores
-bring back all biomorphs from 4th
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>51688202
sheeeit, i forgot about giving them back biomancy
fuck this powers of the hive mind nonsense
>>
>>51688158
Actually, starting to like this idea more and more when thinking about it. Why the fuck did it have to be PE to only imps though? Fucking hell.
>>
>>51688083
You can't fix one race on its own, the entire game needs to be overhauled:

Part 1/2

>Core Rules
Overwatch - A unit can instead of shooting in the shooting phase place down an overwatch token somewhere on the board.
It can then fire its weapons at the first unit that moves, deep strikes, runs or charges through the area within 6" of the units token (at full BS).
The token is removed at the start of your next turn. Normal Overwatch is removed.

Split Leadership into Morale and Discipline to bring back a greater differentiation between armies and make the Leadership module actually useful again.
Morale is for saving vs Fear, Discipline is for saving vs Pinning etc
Orks are low Discipline, low Morale (but Morale gets raised by Mob Rule)
Eldar are High Discipline, low Morale.
Nids are low Morale, medium to low Discipline but flat out ignore all Morale stuff with Synapse (but Swarms can still get scattered and stuff)
Guard is Medium Morale, Medium Discipline but can buff both depending on choice of HQ
Chaos is High Morale, Low Discipline to represent their fanaticism
etc

Assault from deep strike is allowed for all units with jump packs.

Assault from Reserves is allowed for all units.

Assault after disembarking from a stationary transport is allowed for all units.

Charge range is 6". Consolidate is 6". Using consolidate to charge into another enemy is allowed.

FnP becomes a regular save. Stacking of up to two saves is allows (make marines actually profit from cover).

Charging into terrain no longer gives an Initiative modifier but rather provides the defender with a cover save. Grenades may be thrown in the Assault phase, ignore cover and count as wounds caused for melee.

On the Initiative check when trying to wipe out a retreating unit, if one unit charged that turn it gets +1.

If a squad charged that turn, it gets +1 to melee resolution.
>>
>>51685873

Still terrible?
>>
>>51688202
>>51688220
Combining this with my flying DP with PML3 (2 Daemonology powers, +1 from Malefic tome to hopefully be able to get both primaris summoning and incursion, to summon two squads of Daemons per turn, while generating charges for that on 3+ and being immune to the "extra perils on any double" due to being a Daemon, creating screening/meatshield units wherever they're needed on the battlefield. Suddenly this all seems very viable, and the crozius seems quite nice. I'll have to see if people would let me count the PE as against all though, it's quite stupid to have a concept that mostly just works against armies of a specific faction.
>>
>>51688258
Cover saves don't work in melee.
>>
>>51688258
while i wait for the other half, flamers should be usable for overwatch as it currently exists
charge being only 6" is pretty restrictive, should be 6+d6 or 6+d3 or something.
>>
>>51688322
Just allow charging after running.
>>
>>51688083
>>51688258
Part 2/3

Do away with the Vehicle Damage chart, or alternatively introduce MCs losing stats as they take wounds.

The psi systems gets completely thrown out as a sub-system that only about half your armies can use is fucking retarded.
It goes back to being straightforward checks for the psyker vs the value of his psyker special rule.

Any race can now at least use 5 of the core book disciplines. Racial disciplines are 1 or 2 lists at most.
Psychic powers are no longer rolled but bought.

Terrain simply counts as double movement for Infantry.

Remove Jink saves, make them a special rule for Dark Eldar.

>Codices in General
Codices are now written at the same time, or at least in waves on 3-4 books.
Marines and Guard are among the first wave and used as a scale for all the other codices.
Points costs are calculated in relation to those two books.

Greatly increase the cost of all Ap3 and lower weaponry, normal AP3 weapons need to at least double in cost, AP2 triple, increase the multiplicator if the weapon has a template or more than two shots. Such weaponry needs to be rare and not spammable.

In return, they should be stronger. Meltas should cause double hits vs vehicles, plasma should cause double wounds vs multi-wound models.

Vehicles get tougher but more expensive. If the Vehicle Chart is abolished, double their HP.
If it is kept, no HP are lost on rolling a Pen.

Every army gets a choice of sub factions to differentiate yoour dudes. Nids get different Hive Fleets. Guards gets Regiments.
>>
>>51686604

Ah, the good ol' other talon of Horus, back from when he still wielded dual lightning claws.

I could swear there was an obscure fluff piece back then about where the other talon ended up.
>>
>>51688083
>>51688258
>>51688374
Part 3/3

>Nids in specific
Nids now have shitty basic stats.
Instinctive behaviour is either
>move to next terrain in front of you and shoot
>move to next objective and shoot
>run to next enemy and charge
no more random tables, tables are for orks and chaos

bring back different biomorphs

Being in Synapse makes them immune to Morale.

Nids get expendable Hive Mind Imperatives, 2 base, +2 for every tyrant, +1 for other synapse creatures, none for warriors.
They can be used to enhance a unit for one round as the Hive Mind channels directly into them, but it overloads their physiology causing one S2 AP-, poisoned 6+ wound to every model in the squad.
They can be used to
>Put a unit into synapse range for one round even though it isnt
>Enhance synapse range of a synapse creature
>Enhace the abilities of a unit in regular synapse range by giving rerolls in melee or ranged
>FnP
>channel a psychic power of another unit through the unit
maybe other stuff

Warriors are T5

>>51688288
Right now they don't. I see no reason I can't jsut change that.
>>
I've had some really nice feedback from Sisters players here in the last few days and I'm really grateful
However in an effort to not break my financial back, I decided to scale down my force a bit
How's this for a start of an army/allied detachment for IG in 1,500-2,000 point games?
>>
>>51688402
Character's wargear is subject to change
>>
>>51688402
what did you
>>
>>51688402

If you're getting 4 melta guns, you might as well take a squad of Doms since you only need one troop in an AD. Then, go with HFlamer+Flamer or something in the troops. Hell, two more meltas aren't bad either depending on the rest of your army.
>>
>>51688374
Agree fully with psyker system. The current one only really works well with armies/formations that give boosts to charge generation (generating on 3+ etc), but even then the system just feels very strange. And the randomly rolled powers is just plain stupid. It's allright when disciplines have 3 powers (rolling on a D3 basically) + primaris, as you can at least realistically get the one you want, now instead all disciplines have at the very least two or more "filler powers" that are completely useless. And you won't even use them just because you have them available either, if your ML3 psyker only ends up with one good power you'll only use that one, and then use your dice for another psyker if available.
I'd like a system where you could use a psyker to improve another psyker nearby when you don't have anything fitting to cast though, but basing the entire system around sharing casting power isn't very thematically fitting.
Do not agree with MCs losing stats though, instead I'd like to see all walkers be turned into MCs. Don't know what to do about tanks though.
>>
I've been out of the loop for a while. What the fuck is a grav gun and why is it OP?
>>
>>51688202
>cheaper 3+ eternal warrior Tyranids
Yeah, that sounds balanced. Have you ever seen Warriors in environments where theybaren't likely to get ID'ed? Like zone mortalis?
>>
>>51688502
I dropped out a dominion/command squad and a bunch of special and heavy weapons to take an exorcist and keep everything under 240 euros.
>>51688535
I could take a flamer/heavy flamer on the other squad but then I couldn't take 4 meltas and keep it reasonably priced, I think. My IG army has 3 lascannons and Knight Commander Pask for heavy anti-tank duty and some autocannons and plasma cannons for medium anti-tank/MEQ killing. What it really lacks is mobility I guess, since it's an infantry list.
>>
>>51688557
It's the secret 4th special weapon added to the holy trinity of plasma-melta-flamer. It wounds everything on their armor save and wrecks armor easily, and it's a salvo weapon so it shits out ridiculous amounts of shots.
>>
Please tell me SOMEONE here plays Dark Angels. I'm a dark angels player who hasn't played in a while and I'll be fucked if I don't know what ANY of the new shit, what's good, and what's the meta.
>>
https://mega.nz/#!n5x2FTpZ!KGgIGVpfdAf7FZfCi-z6ZwwYWmVENotGUPF_Hm-EhOg

Grab it, gs2fobt. It is fucking epub.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-10+at+10.19.02).jpg (28KB, 462x310px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-10+at+10.19.02).jpg
28KB, 462x310px
>>51688572
why was it added
it has a cannon variant too, right?
>>
Lads, had it beed discussed before whether or not the owner of that magnificent MEGA Drive could/would/should implement Assembly instructions? In the wae he did with the books?
>>
>>51688590
Yes
And I don't know, I heard it was supposed to maybe possibly counter Monstrous Creatures because those are everywhere right now, but I might be very wrong.
>>
Is it worth taking pintle-mounted weapons in an effort to save your main gun in case there's a weapon destroyed result?
>>
>>51688641

Probably, yes, but the rate of fire has made it a ludicrous anti-everything but hordes weapon.

They need to change auto-immobilise to just a glance, then chip a few shots off both weapons.

Maybe make the small one heavy 2 and the cannon heavy 2 small blast.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (301KB, 1362x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
301KB, 1362x1041px
>>51688582

Thanks, lad!
>>
>>51688158
Actually, is there any limit on how many ICs I can join to a squad? I could use my remaining Lord of the legion slot to add in a sorcerer to this as well (not marking him MoN shouldn't be a problem, right? Due to majority Toughness and such) and give him Biomancy or something. Then hope to get Endurance (but likely ending up rolling shit powers instead because why would anything nice happen in RNG?)
Basically having a 20-man plus characters T5 3+ unit with hopefully 4+FnP/eternal warrior, that has enemies reroll charges, deny them extra attacks on charges, reroll 1s on hit/wound, blast out plasma with low risk of killing themselves, and have zealot for melee combat, with a lord that keeps stacking up loads of boons. Plus having daemons summoned around them to shield them off from most actual threats. There's likely some way to table the squad turn 1 with some new bullshit units or something though. I have no idea what I'm doing when building lists.
>>
File: 1442048238280.png (2MB, 1545x963px) Image search: [Google]
1442048238280.png
2MB, 1545x963px
>>51688083
>make different biomorphs count as different CCW
>restore all biomorphs to former glory and add new ones [lol scything talons and crushing claws, why did they need to be nerfed melee sucks]
>make gene stealers baseline with GSC genestealers [lol at GSC having 2 wounds and being the same price]
>cheapen carnifexes to their fourth edition counterpart
>return biomorphs and add good ones that rival space marine shit
>return Doom of Malanthai
>Make Old One Eye Great Again
>Make the Red Terror Great Again
>Add special rules so units arriving from deepstrike and reserves can charge
>Make gaunts 4 pts or cheaper than guardsmen to reflect that nids are indeed the swarmy army
>Make Lictors great again
>Get rid of pyrovores and replace with something you'd actually want
>Buff venomcannon Assault 1 is retarded bad now
>Take away tervigon penalty for double numbers make it double 1
>GSC can now be allied
>Independent heroes can now be join units
>Give back EW
>remove that gay penalty of wounds being taken for fearlessness
>give Norn Queen
>Add more Monstrous creatures
>give us a way to have 2 plus armor saves on tyrants and fexes
>give us access to most psychic powers
>release full streamable video of Robin Cruddace being waterboarded and a forced confession of him fucking over the nid codex not once but twice for his own faggoty gain, then defenestrate him from helicopter

Seriously fuck Robin Cruddace. Both times he fucked the nids as hard as possible, then he goes on to make the Imperial Guard the supreme coolest army available with tank formations and firing orders for squads. Tyranids were supposed to be the most versatile army but after Cruddance they were monobuild flyrexes. I want to smash space marine armies because they'll never know how good they have it.
>>
>>51688710
>implying there aren't more guardsmen than tyranids in the universe
>>
How to read epub on android?
>>
>>51688696

Grav is meant to be an area of increased gravity, right?

So make it a template weapon.

Grav Gun: Heavy 1 Template, AP2 wounds on armour value, glances AV10 vehicles on a 6+, AV11 on a 5+ all the way up to AV15 on a 2+.

Heavy version is a torrent. Grav amp makes it twin linked (so reroll wounds/glances as it's a template weapon)

Still good! It now ignores cover, and relentless platforms such as bikes and centurions can move and shoot. But lower rate of fire and shorter overall range.
>>
>>51688761

kobo / google books
>>
>>51688767
Thanx.
>>
File: 1438229399914.jpg (872KB, 1600x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1438229399914.jpg
872KB, 1600x1036px
>>51688737
cheeky boi

I think it lame that a guardsman and a gant are the same price when guardsmen can be customized so much more and have First rank fire second rank fire

There needs to be some unique advantage to gants rather than subsituting all low point models with GSC neophytes.

Oh but anon they have fleet! Yeah because assaulting t3 armies are better than cover hugging gun lines. You're outnumbered by the gunline btw, enjoy.
>>
File: 1431983508189.jpg (608KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1431983508189.jpg
608KB, 1366x768px
>>51688083
>Make warriors non shit

Every codex they've been trash tier, a single missile launcher Instant kills them. Their ranged weapons BLOW HOLY SHIT as does their BS. Their melee capability is cringe. Fuck warriors forever, let hive tyrants and tervigons be the new lords of the battlefield. Get rid of Warriors and replace with something new and inspiring.
>>
>>51688700
There is no limit. But big bodys of marines with bolters doesn't go to well with IC that want to get into melee. I used to run Typhus/Chaos Lord, a sorcerer, and the leftover Dark Apostle from the Lost and the Damned with a 3 man termie squad. Everyone got gifts of mutation because of the warband doubling it and the Apostle letting me reroll them.
>>
File: wherearethetoasters.png (2MB, 707x977px) Image search: [Google]
wherearethetoasters.png
2MB, 707x977px
Is Belisarius good? Never played him but from the stats it would seem he is really good
>>
>>51687575
Sadly, that does seem to be what a lot of players want. It seems way more people want to be told by the lore what their army is than to make their own. So many people are fucking obsessed with primarchs and legions that they only care about named characters and chapters.
>>
>>51688888
>>
File: ultrasmurf.gif (325KB, 420x370px) Image search: [Google]
ultrasmurf.gif
325KB, 420x370px
>>51688582
you are a gentleman and a scholar! thank you, anon!
>>
>>51688972
disappointing
>>
>>51688388
Nevermind that you started to fix the ENTIRE RULE SET OF THE GAME to fix one race and cherry picked things from other factions like Scrarabs vs. tanks to make everything samey. I don't get why you have such a hard on for Synapse, yet refuse any negative sides of "beast like behaviour".
>>
>>51687353
I wouldn't be opposed to group buying it at this point. Figured I would find a leak by now. But I don't trust any of you with my Paypal email. and you probably wouldn't trust me to the bother delivering the goods.
>>
>>51688822
It's more of a generalist mid-close range squad though. The Preferred enemy gives a small boost to any shooting (especially the plasmas, as I'd reroll the gets got, meaning the chance of blowing myself up even when rapid firing is very low), the unit is quite tough, especially if I'd manage to get endurance, it can't be charged effectively (and even if it is, enemies have no bonus attacks), it has a huge footprint on the battlefield (even more so if the lord gets a palanquin, as I assume 60mm base would be proper there? also with the new 32mm bases for marines I'd cover a lot of ground) and it's effective enough in CC as well, due to Zealot+PE, with a lord that could probably take on anything non-2+. This plus another mid-large marine squad would be the bulk of the army, holding up most of the middle of the board, with specialist units taking out other targets, and a bunch of daemon summoning going on. I could also get additional CCW (or rather switch bolters for CCW to save points) for around half the unit, and keep them in the back, so that when they charge/get charged, they at least have some extra attacks there. But yeah, I don't know, this is all just theorycrafting, trying to get a way to run a maxsized CSM squad effectively, while also getting use of a legionspecific weapon that I at first thought was quite bad. I don't know what sort of firepower an enemy could put out at the pointslevel that I'd be able to run this though, haven't kept up with releases for quite some time.
>>
File: Veridyan.jpg (34KB, 368x480px) Image search: [Google]
Veridyan.jpg
34KB, 368x480px
>>51688563

Take Veridyan (pic related) for your HQ. She's really nice with all those infantry. Doms have scout, so they really add to mobility, too.

Veridyan, HFF troops, Melta doms, and an exorcist is only 515 points. If you're worried about $$, it's only 2 more special weapons.
>>
>>51688582
love you, anon!
>>
>>51689217
I don't think scout helps if they start in their dedicated transport, does it? Veridyan's model is sort of nice but I'm not hot on resin and I am not exactly sure if precision shots is really worth it. Doesn't that just mean they get to pick who they allocate wounds to on a 6? I guess putting all four meltas into the enemy's HQ is the idea there? I'll consider it. I'm going to make a new purchase later, in like a month, so I'll be getting lots more sisters. I just want a fieldable and somewhat efficient army asap.
>>
I've been reading DW codex and was wondering what's the point of having jump/bike dudes in same unit as footsloggers?
>>
>>51689166
Plasmachosen will probably make the most out of the maze. And there is no real point in taking a dark apostle, when you could play count as vlack legion and get hatred everything and maybe prefered enemy for your warlord
>>
>>51689329
Making a congo line and charging something you normally couldn't
>>
>>51688582
awesome, thanks
>>
>>51689263

Even if you don't get the model itself, just use the rules for YOUR DUDES. She has a huge bubble, too, which should affect a large portion of your foot dudes. Just be warned that she has no invul.

As for Scout, if they're in a dedicated transport, the whole thing goes with, but you're generally not scouting. Most of the time, you use them to out flank and nuke something from a table edge. They just show up and ruin someone's day with ignore cover meltas.
>>
>>51689475
Looks like she gets the 6+ invulnerable save from Shield of Faith, unless I read that rule wrong.
Also, her special rule would only affect the sisters on the table, which means 10 models in total, if she gets to the table edge where the dominions would flank from.
Not to mention, I don't like special characters, blame my meta for really scorning them
>>
File: where are my clowns geedub.png (336KB, 756x420px) Image search: [Google]
where are my clowns geedub.png
336KB, 756x420px
>>51688582
>Reborn Warhost doesn't contain Harlequin Troupes in the Troops section.

Am I the only one seeing this? The paper copies clearly have it.
>>
What is the most resilient Imperial army?

I want defense uber alles, ideally footslogging.

Which Imperial army fits that?
>>
>>51689749
Iron Hands in their detachment are pretty baller (FNP 5+), or Red Scorpions Tacticals with their Apothecary Sergeants.

How many points are you looking to take and what does the rest of the list look like?
>>
>>51689775

This is for a new army. I want an Imperial army, and I play Dark Eldar normally, so I want a tough army as a counterpoint.
>>
>>51684537
>>51685459
Doesn't the Venom only have a carry capacity of five? It'd be him and four Banshees/Incubi.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (206KB, 900x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
206KB, 900x1092px
new player wat done
>>
Where i can find the "How To Paint" series?
I miss some pdfs :(
>>
>>51689792
Choose a Legion and use the freaking detachment
>>
>>51689792
Too many vindicators, not enough crab battle.
>>
>>51687710
He was trying out a breacher team army. IIRC he had a hammerhead, 3 devilfish, 3 breacher squads, 2 units of 3 crisis suits, and a bunch of marker drones. He was shooting at BS 5 or more pretty much the entire match.

He conceded Turn 3 when I had a large majority of board presence and destroyed pretty much all but his vehicles. Plus it was getting late.

I'm a bit of a 40k noob but I'm definitely sure that list would've fucked a heavier unit assault army.
>>
>>51689808
>use the freaking detachment
????

they are a combined arms detachment, unless you mean a legion detachment

>>51689817
vindicators are 80 less points with a better gun tho, I won't be able to take as much stuff. if ordnance didn't = can't use half the defiler's armaments then I might. at least this is what everybody says why defilers suck.
>>
>>51689792
Take some raptors out and give the sorcerer more mastery levels. What are you going for with him?
>>
>>51689853
He is talking about traitor legions. Give you free rules and stuff. And he is telling you that you should run a chaos warband for additional benefits.
>>
>>51689792
Pick a Legion from Traitor Legions and take their special detachment (or the Black Crusade detachment from Traitor's Hate if their legion has a crappy detachment). Death Guard, Iron Warriors, Emperor's Children, and Alpha Legion give decent benefits for mass mechanized MEQ.

Sorcerer needs a Spell Familiar and some more Mastery Levels.

10 man CSM squads are a waste. Unfortunately, MSU is the name of the post-6E game.

I wouldn't bother with the Combi's on the Rhinos themselves. Too likely to die before using them.

Vindicators want Daemonic Possession.

Forgefiend is pretty mediocre, but you need the ranged anti-tank.
>>
>>51689865
I just put him in the rhino with the 9 space marines to take a cheap mandatory HQ choice, I figure I could use psychic shriek to go with that squad since if I'm reading this right psychic shriek could synergize with a plasma since it ignores armor saves anyway. I guess I would be shooting at space marines/terminators with that squad.
>>
>>51687065
and for your wyches too!
>>
>>51689356
Well, thing is that I'm playing Word Bearers. I could use some other legion for rules just to powergame, though then I'd go Deathguard as I want to make large amounts of marines on the field work, however the WB bonus to daemon summoning is hard to replace elsewhere. And the WB rules arent that bad, just a little mediocre apart from the very nice summoning bonus.
What I'm trying to make work:
-Summoning daemons effectively (got that covered)
-Using large numbers of marines (I've got both the 30k sets because I prefer those models to most 40k variants, now I want to have a reason to build and paint a majority of them)
-Using no/few vehicles.
(and filling out the requirements for the formations, basically only adding on a melta termicide squad and some biker squad to the stuff I've already got planned).
>>
>>51689881
>>51689896
>Pick a Legion from Traitor Legions and take their special detachment (or the Black Crusade detachment from Traitor's Hate if their legion has a crappy detachment). Death Guard, Iron Warriors, Emperor's Children, and Alpha Legion give decent benefits for mass mechanized MEQ.

alright, I already started painting my dudes not-legion colors though, I guess I could say they're iron warriors since they look similar

>Sorcerer needs a Spell Familiar and some more Mastery Levels.

seems like everybody is saying don't take a stock sorcerer. I didn't want to give him upgrades because I want as many marines as possible for coolness factor, but would it be good to make him mastery level 2 with a spell familiar? it's 100 points
>>
>>51689927

Just say they're a warband of the legion you choose. Plenty of CSM repainted their armour.
>>
>>51689923
I would buy one squad of normal csm for bits and variety. But if you want to stick to your theme sure go with it.
>>
>>51689927
Paint scheme doesn't really matter, just pick the tactics that mesh with how you want to play and the fluff of your dudes.

If you want to stay undivided, go Iron Warriors for durability or Alpha Legion for mass Infiltrate or Black Legion for access to Marks (not that you're taking any at the moment or that they're generally worth it).

If you want too drop the Rhinos, Alpha Legion can just Infiltrate into cover or World Eaters can just tard charge across the field.
>>
>>51689853
Even if you want to make your own army theme, at least pick a legion for the rules and try to get a warband together. You pretty much just need to switch over one of the marine squads to havocs and add a Lord if I'm not mistaken.
Then add one spawn as aux choice and you should have the whole legion detachment for just about any legion, and get a bunch of free shit.
>>
>>51689927
since you rely on Chosen and CSM a lot you should probably take Alpha Legion tactics. It allows you to infiltrate
>>
Anyone have the link for February's White Dwarf?
>>
>>51689902
Grab a lord instead as it's needed for Chaos warband anyway. Only 5pts more, and is probably gonna be more useful, even if you're not getting any upgrades. At least he'll make the squad fearless, dont think the sorc has that
>>
File: howling bitches.png (117KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
howling bitches.png
117KB, 400x400px
>>51688582

You're a nice man and I like you.
>>
>>51689985
If he took out all the extra marines in his normal squad he could even keep the Point Level.

10 man squads of marines don't do at such a low point Level. I only take them around 2500 Points against space corgis
>>
>>51688374
>price increase for all ap3 weapons
RIP my Scions
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (355KB, 639x810px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
355KB, 639x810px
I need help converting the epub to pdf

Calibre doesn't work, it just says it couldn't do it after trying to convert the file for 5 hours.
Icecream PDF Converter converts the file in about 20 seconds but there are some text errors, picture shows what I mean.

I think these errors might be because I don't have the exact font that GW uses. Does anyone know the fonts in GWs epubs? or a program that perfectly converts the epub to pdf without errors and without taking hours to do.
>>
>>51689080
1/2

>Nevermind that you started to fix the ENTIRE RULE SET OF THE GAME
40k rules are busted at ground level, a complete overhaul is necessary. Tyranids aren't just bad because their units suck, it is a combination of dozens of rules that all interlink to make long range shooting armies really effective. If you want a balanced and interesting game without making all the factions the same, you need to fix the core rules.

>cherry picked things from other factions like Scrarabs vs. tanks
wat?

>make everything samey
That's the explicit opposite of what I want to achieve. That's why I'm splitting Ld and removing random tables from Nids.

>I don't get why you have such a hard on for Synapse, yet refuse any negative sides of "beast like behaviour"
The negative side of the beast like behaviour should be their predictability, where a clever opponent can abuse it to completely wreck a tyranids strategy and the fact that single tyranid units generally are inferior if they are on their own.
These are conceptual choices, and while you're free to argue them, I really don't see much alternative while keeping the Tyranids as they are.
Random behaviour tables really don't fit them, as they do not devolve into "randomness", as instinct is the very opposite: a number of predictable reactions (see the Battlefleet Gothic instinctive behaviour table for a great example of this). So there should be one set of actions units outside of synapse fall back to, so exploiting that actually becomes viable. Also the random behaviour thing is already much better fitting for Orks and partly Chaos. Nids are a force of Order.
>>
>>51690041
I haven`t seen a power sword in some time too.
>>
>>51689961
I already have a bunch of old CSM sprues, and I'm a good sculptor, so they're not gonna look very "standard 30k". But at any rate I'm aiming at having at least one 20-man squad with MoN with a lord and an apostle, marching across the field, while a DP summons stuff, making use of the fact that he's both a daemon and a Word Bearer, meaning he gets to generate charges on 3+ and is immune to the extra perils on any double that daemonology has. Other than that I'm open for suggestions on how to equip my guys.
>>
>>51689080
>>51690054
2/2

To balance this, a Tyranid creature outside synapse should be weaker than the equivalent points value of other units, but within Synapse should be noticeably better. As simply buffing stats or giving out EW would be quite uninspired, and I staunchly believe that every race should have some sort of resource mechanic as these are amazing at creating distinct playstyles, I came up with the Hive Mind Imperatives, allowing representation of the preternatural coordination and coherence the Hive Mind creates, at the total disregard of its own units which are spent as currency to buy victory. And since it makes sense thematically, I would also allow them to be used to fill gaps in your synapse coverage, again at a cost, if you absolutely have to, because It creates an interesting decision with the opportunity cost of either writing off some units completely and hoping a few more effective ones will succeed versus trying to salvage the disconnected units.
>>
Good deal at 500$ (Negotiable) or no?
>>
>>51690067
hm so the Nurgle CSM act as a kind of anvil? Tanking damage while quicker units, like bikers, spawn or your termicide act as hammers?
>>
File: Space Marines - 1000pts (2).jpg (122KB, 900x673px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1000pts (2).jpg
122KB, 900x673px
How come the generic space marine list is so fucking garbage? I don't want to have to build a dumb gimmick list to be good, I just want something like pic related, but it just doesn't work.

Instead, to actually stand a chance of winning, you need to drop a stupid amount of money tracking down bitz because nothing that actually comes in the kit it's used for is any fucking good.
>>
>>51690048
I still use calibre to do it. When you open the epub in the viewer, there is a button "print to pdf." I use A4 paper size, uncheck that thing to put pages number and start it. it takes a looong time, 10-12 hours, maybe more, but in the end it converts it. unfortunately, the pages themselves turn out to be smaller than A4 so I use some pdf editor to crop out the white areas
>>
>>51690130
Well most armys have that problem.

Everything that is cheap and easy to get is predictable and predictable is easy to counter. And that taking long range anti tank weapon and short ranged anti infantry weaponry in the same squad is a waste of Points is well known.
>>
File: 1486651825250.png (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486651825250.png
79KB, 640x480px
>>51690130
I know this has to be bait, but I'll bite.

That list is fine as long as you're not playing in a competitive environment. The only time you will get stomped, is when "that guy" brings 2 Rapetides.
>>
>>51690171

>lol what are combat squads
>>
File: 1482085485063.jpg (163KB, 650x560px) Image search: [Google]
1482085485063.jpg
163KB, 650x560px
>>51690081
You're shaping up to be Robin Cruddace 2.0

There is no upside to synapse other than leadership checks.

There is nothing worth keeping an entire army within 12 inches of its entire force to AoE weapons can decimate them.

There is no reason warriors should be a synaptic creature.

What is the real benefit of being hamstringed by synapse other than fluff [for an army thats been picked apart and made bland and generic]

So no more EW, I guess the big bad bugs who have devoured thousands of galaxies can't hold a gaunt together with psychic power

No more...well anything because synapse was shit ever since fifth. There's just no trade off for the additional nerfs you'd inexplicably enjoy levying upon Nids. This vague malevolence towards nids makes you Robin Cruddace Jr.
>>
File: evil-clown-pictures-61.jpg (9KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
evil-clown-pictures-61.jpg
9KB, 170x170px
>>51688582
Thanks anon!
>>
>>51690176

It's not though, is it? It's 25 3+ armour saves on foot. Most armies can scythe straight through that without even noticing. There's units in the game that are considered subpar can break a tactical squad in one turn.
>>
>>51690183
Sure because having 8 guys doing nothing and 2 guys shooting is effcient?
>>
>>51690126
Yes. Plan is to have two sorcerers on bikes, one in my biker squad and one in my spawn squad (as I'm getting both of those for the main formation anyway). Then hope those guys get any combo of Sacrifice, cursed earth, and possession (so I can burst them into bloodthirsters or GUOs when reaching the enemy). Then hoping the DP gets incursion and then grabbing the primaris summoning. He'll be ML3, with the WB artifact that gives an additional Daemonology spell for 10 pts, so he'll have 3 rolls on daemonology (as he's forced to grab one power from his god due to needing to be "marked"). Pretty sure he has access to taking a familiar as well. So the full loadout on him at high enough point value games will be something like Daemon of nurgle, wings (mobility and 2+ cover from jinking) ML3, that tome, familiar, and maybe power armour as well. So he'll be an expensive beast, but if I manage to get both the primaris power and incursion he should be able to summon a squad of lesser daemons and a squad of plague drones per turn. 5-6 dice per cast depending on what I have available should be enough with the 3+ generation, especially with familiar for a reroll.
The sorcerers should be able to get off a cursed earth and/or sacrifice per turn if they have them, using only one dice if they have spell familiars (literally no risk of perils that way either, though cursed earth still needs 4+ as the WB bonus is only to the summoning spells).
Heralds act as distractions, extra threat, eating overwatch by charging before other units, or whatever. Or just putting down utility heralds. Like nurgle with the -1 enemy ld while he's alive bell
>>
>>51690202

So you literally don't know what combat squads are.

I forgot /tg/ doesn't actually read the rules, let alone play the game.
>>
So how much of a waste are Venerable Dreadnoughts over normal ones anyway?
>>
>>51690185
>Additional nerfs
What the fuck are you even talking about
I have literally described only buffs to Nids

Maybe English isn't your first language, let me summarize for your mentally challenged ass:
>Buff Assault in the Core Rules
>Buff Footslogging in the Core Rules
>Bring Back Biomorphs
>Give access to Core Psychic Disciplines
>They don't eat themselves in Instinctive Behaviour anymore, if you're smart and the terrain allows it you could theoretically run an army completely without synapse
>Get a resource system that allows you to massively buff units or patch holes in synapse coverage

So what of those is a nerf?
>>
>>51689896
>>51689865
>>51689992
So I'm thinking about breaking my army up into small squads of CSM in rhinos to have more units to shoot at separately. How many units should an army have at 1500 points? That list has 8, but I guess that's not enough because MSU is better? What about 12?
>>
>>51690214
Arent we talking about 2 tactical squads here? But sure enlighten me. Our local SM player isn´t around very often.
>>
>>51690203
Sounds good. If you have luck with your prince you might even be able to heal your sorcerer via nurgle powers. But S 10 shooting and ID could cripple you very quickly since you rely on few Special models (but thats fluffy for Word Beares)
>>
>>51690198
You make marines sound bad. Why?

If you play that list, the only underperforming units would be the predator and the dreadnought. You can change the special and heavy weapons in those tactical squads, and that will make them more useful.

What are you expecting your opponents to bring to a 1000 point game, anyway?

If you like that list, play it. You'll do just fine.
>>
>>51690242

Combat Squads allow a tactical squad to break into two 5-man squads. Specifically because they can only take one special and one heavy.
>>
>>51690270

I have been playing it. And I've been getting repeatedly tabled by armies that are apparently only casual lists. It just feels like literally every other army gets far more that's far better at everything for less points.
>>
>>51690221
You need to be more specific with your question. Are you talking about competitive or casual play? Who are you fighting? Are you concerned, because dreadnoughts are generally considered a weak unit in the space marine codex?
>>
>>51689784
>Doesn't the Venom only have a carry capacity of five? It'd be him and four Banshees/Incubi.
Yes and while incubbi are 3 or more dudes banshees are 5 or more so the latter does not work
>>
>>51690273
Thats what I am talking about. In the list posted above you can find 2 tactial squads that split into 2x4 bolter 1 flamer and 2x4 bolter 1 ML so n total 8 marines standing around 2 shooting ML. Worse than a dev squad in any way
>>
>>51690307
I'm asking in a general sense if the 25 points are considered worth spending on a damage table re-roll and +1 BS/WS
>>
>>51690265
Yeah. What I'm hoping is that enough of my enemys firepower is focused on the marching huge squad of marines coming their way, or daemon meatshields. And the prince should be able to jink all the time for that 2+ cover with shrouded, as there seems to be no downside to doing so if focusing on summoning. Then a few turns in he can start actually attacking whatever vulnerable units he can reach as well.
Also, I have a small small chance of eternal warrior or something else increasing his survivability. With WBs I can actually give him two rolls on the boon table, where I'm sure he can normally only get one (as he doesn't have the champion of chaos rule). One purchased with 10 points as usual, and then I have one boon to give out to a different character every turn from the WB formation.
>>
>>51690296
You shouldn't be getting tabled by casual lists. It happens to all of us from time to time, and you can have a streak of unlucky games.

Can you give us an idea of what you are fighting? Maybe we can tweak a few things, without completely changing your list?
>>
>>51690315

Alright then, I'll take devastators as a troop choice!

Fuck sake, /tg/.
>>
>>51690315
>what is Objective Secure
>what is firing range
In literally every situation that a Flamer can fire, all Bolters will be able to fire, most even as Rapid Fire. Even in the Missile Launcher squad they will more often than not be able to shoot at a target alongside the launcher. Not to mention that one guy getting a BS buff of 1 is definitely less useful than having ObSec on a unit.
>>
>>51689792
get some dozerblades up the vindicators and maybe combi bolters
the dozer blades/siege shields are there to be able to get through terrain without getting stuck and the combi bolter will give you a 50% chance to avoid weapon destroyed results as its random what weapon gets destroyed. Furthermore both upgrades are really cheap

Dirgecasters might be useful, they prevent overwatch in 6' which is really gud against certain armies where you might want to be in melee

the raptor squad is too large, the additional dudes will no really do something, also you might want a power weapon on the sarge

i personally prefer 5man CSM squads as they die as fast as 10man squads, sadly. Furthermore I never managed to make melee focused CSM work, they cannot charge out of the rhino and will stand there waiting for the charge while the opponent simply moves them out of range.

Dislike the Forgefiend, too expensive, too fragile
>>
>>51690326
Depending on the load out, the added BS/WS is worth it alone. Rerolling on the damage table may save you once every now and then.
>>
>>51690346

A decent spread of opponents. IG, Space Wolves, Necrons, Tau, Dark Eldar.

And it's hardly an unlucky "streak", I've played about 20 games so far and haven't won once.
>>
>>51690329
Well you could make him a deamon of tzzench and stab yourself via psychic powers... And the Traitors Hate Formation allows everyone to give any character a boon every turn even repeatedly.
>>
>>51690225
The part where you want to make nid statline shit with no trade off is bad. The part where you believe EW doesnt belong is bad for that synaptic cyanide you want ys to swallow.

Buffing assault armies helps assault armies it doesnt add that unique synapse flavor that snakeoil you want to sell us on. You are robin cruddace because you wouldnt change the codex only crudfaces enjoy it as is.

Last say is right. U wrong forever
>>
>>51690378
Ah, havent looked into traitors hate at all actually. And yeah, you're right about that.
>>
>>51690386
>The part where you want to make nid statline shit with no trade off is bad
Nid statline is already shit though

>The part where you believe EW doesnt belong
It doesn't
EW is one of those special rules that should be on very few models, giving it out as an area buff is stupid

>You are robin cruddace because you wouldnt change the codex only crudfaces enjoy it as is.
So you're just trolling
>>
>>51690329
Also, don't know if it was obvious but the Dark Apostles use, other than letting the lord reroll boons if needed and giving some zealot for his squad, is that he also gives zealot to any squad with a model within 6'' of him. So positioning him in the back in a way where it reaches another squad on each side he's giving out zealot to any extra squads I take (like my second mandatory one for warband, and maybe my mandatory havocs if I don't go for longrange heavy weapons on them. Or whatever extra amounts of CSM squads.
So to increase the army size I can also just get like two ten man squads, either MoN on those as well or unmarked, and not have to deal with the lack of fearless that is one of the main drawbacks of CSM, without needing lords in every squad.
>>
>>51690149
I don't understand why it takes so damn long, Icecream does it in 20seconds and it's perfect except for 2 things, it creates an invisible box that you need to delete before you can use auto crop and the text is fucked up at places but I think that's because I don't have the exact same fonts that GW uses.

I'd love a epub to jpg program but there isn't one out there that works afaik :(
>>
>>51690370
>A decent spread of opponents. IG, Space Wolves, Necrons, Tau, Dark Eldar.

I'd keep the list as it is for Dark Eldar and Space Wolves and Necrons. Against the Tau and Imperial guard, maybe try some plasma and melta weapons.

>And it's hardly an unlucky "streak", I've played about 20 games so far and haven't won once.

That's an awful lot of games to lose in a row. I can imagine your frustration.

Your list is not bad. You have some really good choices in there. Like the bikes and veterans. Really great in lots of cases. The units that are considered underperformers, are the dreadnought and predator. But even they can work well in some cases.
>>
God-damn, I wish footslogging crusader squads were good.

I just want to abhor the witch, man.
>>
>>51690468
Well you are LD 9-10 mostly so its an accepable risk, as long as you dont run into some mean CC units. But a hovoc squad with plasma or meltaguns should actually be a good idea.
>>
>>51690478
I think I read somewhere something about css formatting or something like that being the reason, but I really don't know. even if I wanted to try and mess with that, I don't think it would be worth the trouble
>>
>>51690541
Indeed. But with Zealot it's no risk at all, and it shouldn't be hard to keep him hidden in the back, positioned to grant it to as many squads as possible.
>>
File: 1486903842759.png (309KB, 756x420px) Image search: [Google]
1486903842759.png
309KB, 756x420px
>>51689685
>>
File: fracturing of my ass.png (200KB, 501x520px) Image search: [Google]
fracturing of my ass.png
200KB, 501x520px
>Book called Fracture of BIEL-TAN
>No rules for Biel-tan
>Has rules for Ulthwe

Wow, thanks Phil Kelly! Sure was nice of you to wreck my craftworld and then give your own pet craftworld rules. First Cadians get nothing other than a kick to the dick, now Biel-tan. I bet you Ultramarines are exempt from this trend in the next installment.
>>
>>51690539
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Mortarion the not-so-wise? If you want to footslog make them count-as Death Guard.
>>
>>51690569
Definitly more flexible than an icon of vengance on every squad. Going to ground etc.
>>
>tfw struggle to make space marines lists that work
>tfw switch to Necrons

God, not having to mix weapons in a squad is so good. Having every gun in the game be at lesat capable of taking on any threat is so liberating.

Not to mention lolspeedpainting.
>>
File: Space Marines - 1000pts.jpg (193KB, 900x665px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1000pts.jpg
193KB, 900x665px
Rate my Ultramarines
>>
File: Space Marines - 1000pts (2).jpg (150KB, 900x695px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1000pts (2).jpg
150KB, 900x695px
>>51690699
Alternatively this
Might synergize better with my chapter tactics
>>
>>51690054
>40k rules are busted at ground level
That's like, your opinion, man. Regardless of their status, don't seem to understand how changing core rules for everyone fucks up the entire balance for everyone.

>cherry picking...making things samey
the rippers. That was you right?

>The synapse.
Arguably this comes to taste when it comes to the buff or penalty aspects, but nids by no means are a "force of order". They are beasts, alien beasts, always were.

Really sounds like Crons are more suitable army for you. No negative effect gamblers tables there, only buffs and you already got your tankbuster rippers there.
>>
how do i kill a war convocation?
>>
Do tank traps stop walkers?
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.