[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jewish Astartes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 32

File: star_of_david.png (81KB, 1920x2215px) Image search: [Google]
star_of_david.png
81KB, 1920x2215px
What do you think, /tg/?
If a Jewish Space Marine Chapter existed.
(i.e a homebrew chapter that followed the principles of the beliefs of Judaism and treated the enemies of mankind as one would within the following) would you play it?
>>
>>51683552
Regular ol Jews, not really. Maybe something like the giants of Gath and Hinnom in Dominions though.
>>
>>51683648
WAT
>>
Guessing the chaplains are Rabbi's?
>>
>>51683663
Gath, Hinnom and some third one are playable nations in Dominions 3 and onward. They're a race of nephilim giants who eat men and keep them as slaves, inspired by Jewish mythology about the antediluvian world. I could see a Blood Angels sucessor chapter who are abnormally tall and have horns, ruled by kaballistic priest-kings influenced by the local permutation of the imperial cult.
>>
I made a certain chapter that would love to put your chapter in an easy bake
>>
Jewish lack a warrior culture unless you count Israel, which is more of a Soldier culture and doesn't fit with the Astartes as much as they would the Imperial Guard, but the situation is rather hard to translate to 40k due to the type of cold war going on being something that would quickly turn hot in 40k.

Best guess I could say is focus on the original Golem stuff.
>>
>>51683552
I'm just going to get the obligatory 'back to /pol/' out of the way.

That said, quite a few of the ideas in here already have the potential to be something good. Looking forward to how this develops.
>>
>>51683868
I know creator of this thread. We have no association to Pol since we are both Jewish. No shape or form did this connect to /pol/.
>>
>>51683813
Also it could be the thats challenge of the chapter. They hunt a mythical creature that is the golem.
>>
>>51683949
Or... an offshoot of Techmarines with an emphasis on Dreadnoughts and Servitors.
>>
>>51683552
Maybe something like they don't believe the emperor to be divine? Severely reduced in number from a large threat a couple hundred years ago, now they're a bunch of scattered crusade fleets. They could have a series of hand written texts that the inquisition doesn't like thogh they date back from before the heresy.

That sound cool?
>>
File: 1464312940563.png (129KB, 354x504px) Image search: [Google]
1464312940563.png
129KB, 354x504px
>be me, spess mehreen of the Emperor's Chosen Chapter
>home world covered in toxic gases
>mfw
>>
>>51683977
Also they'd like follow a pre chapter break up organization. With High standards for the lineages and training of their troops.
>>
>homebrew

Don't you mean Hebrew?
>>
>>51683998
...we're just going to create some kind of hated Krieg Marines chapter now, aren't we?
>>
>>51683813
So kind of like Thousand Sons, but their marines are filled with clay.
>>
>>51683802
Go away /pol/
>>
>>51683737
That... That sounds awesome.
>>
>>51684016
I like the idea.
>>
>>51683552
Jew here. My recommendation is to make them Word Bearer loyalist successors, since it'd be a good way to focus on how their views on the Imperial Cult is unique/unusual.

>>51683802
Literally everything on this list is out of context, mistranslated, or obviously false. Anyone want me to go through it one by one, or is that too off-topic for /tg/?
>>
>>51684161
Honestly I am ok with them being Word Bearer Loyalist.
>>
>>51684161
No, just report it and don't start an argument or debate please. We've all seen the counter image that takes apart all of the quotes one by one

That's literally what he wants is attention so just report him and hide his post
>>
>>51684161
Once the OP is made, nothing is too off-topic for /tg/, except the "Rolling For Waifus" image. Mods delete that because it's used to derail threads without adding any content or discussion.

I want a Monstergirls version.
>>
>>51684178
>We've all seen the counter image
I actually haven't. Could you link it?

>>51683813
There's a bit more of a warrior focus if you look back to ancient Judea, though. And if you're looking for warrior monks, then you'll find no better examples than King Solomon's Kabbalists.
>>
Alrighty lets start with the chapter generation.
Some basic things should just be in order. The planets a death world (IE think tellaran desert spaces with more monster based of jew folk lore). Also that the chapter goes off hunt tradition where find the brothers who didnt survive the implantation and mutated in Clay like Husks that stalk the wastes of planet.
>>
>>51684178
Waaaahhhh
Waahhhhhh
>>
File: shot0020.jpg (144KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
shot0020.jpg
144KB, 1280x544px
I feel like there should be a Mel Brooks reference in this thread.
>>
>>51684236
Non-jew here.

I've met very few Jews and know little about them that doesn't come from American TV Shows, and that Ashkenazi Jews have a staggeringly impressive average IQ of 115.

I'd be interested in seeing that counterpoint.
>>
>>51684316
Guessing from that means they have a lot of Tech Marines who follow a version of ADMECH religion that is more open to advancement.
>>
Since OP just went to sleep. I was skyping with him. Imma take over. So to what I have seen. One guy suggest death world. Golems are what they hunt as trial before they get augments. And a large focus on Tech marines due to the cultures tendency to strive for high intelligence.
>>
>>51684332
No no, I mean the counter-image to the anti-jew shitposter. I was seconding the request, if anybody has it.
>>
>>51683737
Sounds kinda like Black Dragons, but they're salamanders successors.
>>
WELP. Ill make a thread tomorrow about creating this Chapter or guard regiment. So ill just watch this thread and see what general consensus is tomorrow.
>>
>>51684483
Personally I'm liking the nephilim angle.
>>
Look up Hasidic ideas.

>believe that God is infinitely more powerful than Chaos (having dominion over the whole universe and not just one galaxy)
>work with that one subfaction of the Inquisition to bring the emperor back
>librarians are ritually made into blanks and are capable of manipulating their blankness in the same vein as psykers manipulate the warp
>they believe the warp separates them from God, and if they can destroy or weaken it, God will be able to return to help the Milky Way
>see the Emperor as the messiah and want to bring him to life again
>>
>>51684501
>nephilim angle
I personally like it. But Imma go off what everyone generally thinks about it.
>>
File: _dKrieg_marine.jpg (190KB, 1024x1249px) Image search: [Google]
_dKrieg_marine.jpg
190KB, 1024x1249px
>>51684036
I'd play them.
>>
Honestly reading a bit more into Nephilim honestly would fit astartes. IE this "There were giants in the earth in those days". Generally it isnt unlikely for the original chapter to be considered GIANTS. The chapter adopted a more different revision of Nephillim story's. So marines are reincarnation of there old story's.
>>
>>51683552
Are Jews allowed to do buttsex? Because that's what Asstarts are for.
>>
WELP. Chats clearly derailing into people arguing. The topic was about a space legion being based of Jewish culture.
>>
>>51684654
>Rabbi Ovadia Yoseph
That explains everything. The only people who listen to him are the ultra-orthodox oven dodgers. Fuck him and the parasites that support him.

>>51684815
You were expecting there NOT to be shitposting?
>>
>>51684815
You're either a colossal fucking retard or only just arrived on this board five minutes ago.
>>
>jews
>actually fighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08XWA8zpvT4

Jews don't fight. They're merchants and con artists
>>
>>51684883
I expected it. Just not as much. But hey Expectations are 9 out of times incorrect.
>>
>>51684948
By my expectations this thread is rather tame.
>>
>>51685126
In all honestly looking over other threads. I see what you mean by tame. So I guess I retract my previous statement.
>>
The Marines would be the Sicarii. There would be an interesting relationship between the Empire and the local planet. This would be a situation that mirrors the Jewish-Roman wars, where the Romans/Empire conquer the kingdom (blow up the government from orbit) and then rule it harshly, deporting the local psykers. I would have this: The Empire deports children of significant talent (esp psykers) and educates them in the Schola Progenium, then returns them as the Imperial Guard. The best of them are recruited as Marines - known as the Sicarii (a joke as that is what the local assassins were called). The Marines have a high number of psykers (mysticism!) but are kept loyal by being taken from their planet at a young age. The Empire would be smart enough to make sure that the Sicarii never return home... but what if one did...?
>>
In real life the locals resisted the Romans through assassins known as the Sicarii, which is too cool to ignore. They are much like the later assassins in that they blend in with the crowd and then lash out with knives to (hopefully) disappear back into the crowd.
>>
>>51685262

They also launched two huge and a lot of smaller revolts, one of which took almost a third of the Roman army under Hadrian to put down. They could fight when it came to it.
>>
I'd imagine that the Sicarii would be watched fairly closely. But they are marines and I think a core of them might have worked out what happened. They aren't going to rebel outright but I imagine there is a small group of them who operate through agents to keep an eye on Imperial excesses. They are playing a dangerous game.
>>
>>51684654
>The Talmudic position concerning deception of Gentiles is embodied in the Halachic dictum, "It is permitted to deceive a goy (Gentile)."

I just checked that section and the statement is said to be merely the view of one Rabbi, and appears to be intended to only apply in legal judgments (or perhaps specifically questions of tax collection? not sure) between a Jew and a Gentile where the situation cannot be resolved using either Jewish or Gentile law. And the Gamera then goes on to pretty much reject that view anyway before ruling that stealing and such from Gentiles is still forbidden and that Jews should obey all the laws of the land they reside in. That quote is completely taken out of context.

>and of course the many quotes from Israeli rabbis who deliver the same readings of the Talmud in their sermons.
Just because some priests say that all atheists are baby-eating devil worshipers and uses quotes from the bible to justify themselves doesn't mean the bible actually says so. There's crazy extremists and zealots in every religion and even the Devil can quote bible to his own ends. Context is important, especially when it comes to something that has been studied for as long and in such depth as the Bible or Talmud.
>>
I'd say the Sicarii would be fleet based with a lot of extra Imperial staff to keep an eye on them. They would be heavy on Librarians and mysticism, but being mobile I'd say they would favor quick strikes and infiltration. They would have an armored unit, which in honor of the merkava tank would be slow and heavy, the anvil to the quicker hammer component.
>>
>>51685241
Honestly I love this idea and mix it with some of the earlier suggestions and it would work pretty well.
>>51685300
Generally that should be assumed.
>>
>>51685262
That's super cool and all, but that's about as Anti-Astarte as you get, of all their varied possible skills blending into the crowd is not one of them.
>>
This sets them up to rebel against the Empire however. If the Schola Progenium and Marines get together and compare notes... there will be trouble. And the Empire is a fascist dictatorship with a line in fancy uniforms and marching with banners...
>>
Yeah the Marines are NOT the actual Sicarii... but I see a parallel with the Marine scouts and it would be a sick in-joke for the Empire to call them that.
>>
>>51685382

God dammit you just gave me a hook for a dark heresy and a really good idea. But you as well do bring a good point on how they would clash with other imperial organisations.
>>
I just started reading about the Roman occupation of Judea. There is a lot of good stuff in there to be mined for 40K.
>>
>>51683552
Well depends on the type of Jew, because there are many forms of Judaism. Personally I'll Roll with an amalgamation.

> History of getting blown to fucking bits, numbers being wiped then getting back up
> Savagery and Mercilessness on the battlefield to the point of excess
> Using special Imperial decrees to do what other chapters can't or will not do to get the job done
> Basis on Golems and Nephilin types for chapter heavy hitters, or perhaps mystics
> Claim direct covenant with the Emperor of Mankind, but willing to disregard Imperial authorities as they believe them to be lesser
> Chapter master has a history of using Chaos Relics but hates the ever loving fuck out of the gods themselves
> Said chapter master also wrestled Gabriel Angelos for a week because he wanted his blessings

I'll admit it could be pretty rad if done right.
>>
File: Sm_titus_thunder_hammer_2.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sm_titus_thunder_hammer_2.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>51683552
INEVITABLE /POL/ ASIDE

Ancient Israelites absolutely did have a warrior culture, which often revolving around guerilla warfare and miracles (aka PYSKERS)

I suggest DA successors, call them The Judges or Keepers of the Covenant. Have them be tacticool as fuck, give them a elite corps of scout/stealth Marines called the Sicarii. One of their leaders should be named Maccabeus and have a giant thunder hammer

These Marines use stealth, guile, and guerilla tactics to wage war in areas of the Imperium captured by their enemies, such as Orks or Tau, who inspire and organize the Populace to take up arms against their oppressors and the enemies of the Emperor. They consider themselves the keeper of the sacred covenant between emperor and man, that of security and safety in exchange for vigilance and obedience.

The Sicarii should be a combination of veteran scouts and assault Marines who borrow equipment and tactics from the Ravenguard, and make use of power claws and muffled armor. Their tactical Marines should be trained to cooperate with and lead IG and PDF remnants as well as adhoc militia and civilian rabble.

Pysker Powers include Smite, Hellfire, and Might of Heroes
>>
>>51685354
i am alpharius
>>
>>51683813
The Jewish revolt occurred during the height of Roman power and gave Rome the hardest fight they had had in a century. Before that you have Judah Macabee and his army, who were some hardcore motherfuckers that drove the Persians out of Israel using guerrilla warfare. Before that you had David and Saul who were both warrior-kings. And before that you have the original settlement of Israel, which the Jews did by beating the shit out of everybody else there. Jews had a pretty good warrior tradition before they were exiled.
>>
>>51685461
Their dreadnaughts are called the Golan, and are highly venerated, each covered in prayer seals written in the sacred language. Unique among chapters, each of their Golam is considered to have a specific purpose or mission, which the pilot adopts as his purpose when he is interred in the dreadnaught. Each of these purposes is referred to as a Covenant, and the book of covenants functions similarly to the Dwarven book of grudges in WHFB. Very few Golam ever successfully retire, as they are usually mighty requirements of the covenant, such as driving out all Ork kind from a particular star system for a thousand years, or destroying particular daemons or forces of Chaos.
>>
WELP. My brain just DIED. At the speed of light. The staggering amounts of Ideas would be amazing for an amalgamation of a chapter. I like Sicarii Veteran ideas particularity. And the warrior culture being based of some old jewish folk lore.
>>51685617
Also this is also amazing.
>>
Imma get some sleep. Ill let someone else take over for now. Way to tired.
>>
So if we include golem soldiers should they be rank and file disposable marines, or big heavy hitters like terminators. Personally I like the latter because a clay terminator xould get half its torso blown off and still keep fighting, they feel no pain, know no fear, and obey orders with no will of their own.
>>
>>51685617
>>51685461
This is legit. You're pretty cool.
>>
>>51685526
During the rebellion against Rome if I recall correctly the Romans spent two years on a siege of a Jewish city, only to discover the inhabitants had killed themselves to spite the Romans. Some hardcore shit.
>>
>>51685729
That would be Masada.
>>
>ancient warrior race
>Esoteric and complicated religion predates Christianity
>Oppressed and drvien out by Christians and the Romans
>Consider themselves the chosen people
>Fight like vicious sneaky bastards using stealth of guerilla war
> Have ancient warriors made of stone imbued with life by ancient divine secrets
>Loyal to their own race above all others

Nah senpai. Jews aren't space Marines.

Jews are Eldar. We should be designing a craft world.
>>
>>51685617
>>51685632
>>51685691

The chapter Librarian and Epistletary are merged, with special non-pykser aides on hand to monitor the librarians themselves, referred to as Pharisees, for signs of warp taint. Pharisees are both the spiritual and secular source of scholarship in the chapter, a mixture of holy men and record keeper whose task it is to keep track of the many covenants of the chapter as well as see to their battlebrothers spiritual and pyscological well being. One fairly well known and frequently frustrating trait of the Pharisee is their tendency to answer all questions with another question, as they see it as their job to guide their brothers to reach their own conclusions and study the covenants themselves, though they can always be expected to have a bit of relevant scripture from the book of covenants or the codices Astartes in mind for any situation
>>
>>51685972
Worth noting that Guardians of the Covenant is an actual canon DA successors who could be co-opted for this as beyond a few details (which mostly match) not much is known about them. Alternatively the name could be changed. Anyway more ideas

The chapters first company is, in the style of most, the elite strike force of the Chapter. Colloquially called the Maqabim, after legendary chapter master Maqabes as well as the thunder hammers ( Maqabe meaning hammer in the ancient dialect of the chapter) their assault terminators make use of, the Maqabes are famous for single handedly reclaiming the Hasmon system from seperatists and heresy in a protracted guerilla war that saw the company making use of loyalist elements of PDF and Sororitas to exact lightning strikes against key targets. The populace was successfully recruited through a combination of charismatic daring and their religious practices converted, by force where necessary, returning Imperial worship to the planetary cluster. This forged an enduring alliance between the Chapter and the Sororitas who see them as a rare group of space Marines who give credence and importance to spiritual matters and faith in the Emperor
>>
>>51686080
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Covenant

>Their adopted homeworld, Mortikah VII, lies near the western rim of the Imperium, and their mountain-top Fortress-Monastery takes the form of a mighty Imperial cathedral, its great spire piercing the clouds.

>True warrior-monks of the Emperor, the Guardians of the Covenant are assiduous in studying the teachings of the Emperor and of their Primarch. Their banners, armour and the flanks of their vehicles are covered in spidery, handwritten and illuminated High Gothic text extracted from the pages of the Codex Astartes, the Requiem Angelis and many other tomes held sacred by the Adeptus Astartes.

>Not much is known of the Chapter's combat doctrines, although by all accounts they seem to be a Chapter that shows a great deal more care for the common citizens under their protection than their parent Chapter.

>The lifestyle and doctrines of the Guardians of the Covenant are even more monastic in nature than is normal for a Chapter of the Astartes. The Battle-Brothers of the Chapter devote as much time to intellectual study and the scholarly arts as they do to training for battle. They maintain scriptoriums in their Fortress-Monastery where every Astartes of the Guardians of the Covenant is expected to spend time learning as well as aiding the Chapter in the creation of illuminated manuscripts of sacred Imperial knowledge. Because of their respect for learning and the dissemination of knowledge, the Chapter is known to have close ties with certain elements of the Adeptus Mechanicus in their region of the galaxy and often gains access to stores of more advanced equipment and Imperial technology as a result.

>Among the archives and data-stacks of the Chapter's Fortress-Monastery on Mortikah VII is a massive data-tome known as the Record of Oblivion which contains a record of other civilisations brought down by the Imperium's might.
>>
>>51686206
The Guardians of the Covenant's Power Armour is a dark silver with black shoulder plates. A black-coloured Aquila or Imperialis is worn on the chest guard. The red-coloured squad specialty symbol (Tactical, Assault, Devastator, or Veteran) is indicated on the right shoulder guard whilst the Chapter iconography is painted on the left shoulder guard. Squad designation is indicated by a white-coloured Gothic numeral stenciled on the center of the squad specialty symbol. Company colours are designated on the right knee guard.
>>
File: GoC_Astartes.png (294KB, 400x578px) Image search: [Google]
GoC_Astartes.png
294KB, 400x578px
>>51686238
>>
>>51683552

EXTERMINATUS
>>
File: GoC_Battle.png (1MB, 732x954px) Image search: [Google]
GoC_Battle.png
1MB, 732x954px
>>51686255
Like their parent Chapter and fellow Unforgiven, Guardians of the Covenant are commonly found wearing crimson-coloured hooded cloaks and tabards; with the veterans, this symbolises their shame over what the Fallen Angels had done near the end of the Great Crusade. Cloaks and hoods are worn by all ranks, but the Veteran Guardians of the Covenant and the Chapter's Inner Circle are most commonly seen wearing the crimson cloth, because they have learned enough about the Dark Angels Legion's history, and thus their shame, prior to obtaining their rank within the Chapter.
>>
>>51683552
Are they the chapter who's mothers are always calling up to ask why they haven't gotten real jobs yet?
>>
>>51686552
If we use >>51686080
The Sororitas can be their nagging Jew moms
>>
All I want to know is if the chapter has perfected the Pastrami sandwhich. Would Tyranid meat be considered kosher?
>>
>>51685675
>>51685617
Or you know dreadnaughts, that works too.
>>51686794
Probably not for the same reason shellfish and other bottom feeders aren't. Filthy things the Tyranid.
>>
>>51685729
>>51685746
Yeah that's most likely Masada. It was one of the last bastions of the Sicarii after the fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the second temple. They held out against an entire legion for several months by collecting rainwater in reservoirs dug into the mountain.

Eventually the Romans got so fed up they decided to build a mountain sized ramp in order to get up to the fortress. When they finally broke down the doors they found most of the buildings on fire and that almost all of the inhabitants had committed suicide.
>>
>>51684161
>Word Bearer Loyalists
>Quite literally the only legion with no loyal elements
>>
>>51686605
Complete with those unmistakable accents that is heard among Jewish people? You know? That accent you hear coming from Jewish People in media.
>>
File: Jews-In-Space-620x310.jpg (37KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
Jews-In-Space-620x310.jpg
37KB, 620x310px
>>51684264
>"Jews in space !' Soon in History of the world : part 2
>>
One of the most famous campaigns of the Guardians of the Covenant involves the sacking of the recidivist bastion of Jericho's Reach, a highly militarized hive city whose walls were said to be impregnable. Elements of the Imperial Guard and other loyalist forces gathered during the Chapters campaign sat outside shelling the city and blasting imperial hymns on laud hailers for seven days, but lacked the manpower or the heavy weaponry to take the city, which could theoretically have survived in a siege indefinitely or until reinforcements arrived to relieve it, driving Imperial forces off.

However, on the seventh day, after a week of this sustained light bombardment, a critical fractures suddenly appeared within the cities adamantine walls at key points, causing abruot catastrophic failure of the walls and the majority of the Jerichan defense systems.

The Sicarii, working with sympathetic elements in the hive undercity - an imperial missionary named Rahab who had become trapped in the undercity when recidivists had siezed control and remained in hiding for years - infiltrated Jericho's reach and placed melta bombs at key junctions and power conduits in the Jerichan defense network over the course of a weak, using the underhive and sewer network to move about unseen. At the appointed time they detonated these charges, throwing the cities defenses into complete disarray.

For their resistance to Imperial Rule, all six million souls, down to the last man woman and child, were slaughtered in a brutal and efficient extermination campaign that took the remainder of the year to complete. The only survivors were Rahab and her sisters, who were permitted to build a mission in the ruins of the city to administer to the new settlers who would be relocated to the now derelict hive after it was repaired.
>>
File: helena_portrait_by_a6a7-d5j0zlp.jpg (43KB, 600x697px) Image search: [Google]
helena_portrait_by_a6a7-d5j0zlp.jpg
43KB, 600x697px
Here's an idea. Jewish ancestry is matrilineal. Since they have such a special relationship to the Sororitas, maybe there's a special chapter of the Famulous dedicated entirely to seeking out potential recruits for the Chapter, by tracking specific genetic traits as well as visiting savage and war torn worlds on missions work?

So each marine quite literally does have a "mother" ( or an organization of mothers) who often maintain contact with them during their careers?
>>
>>51687216
The High Crusade, by Poul Anderson.
>>
>>51687331
I'm getting Bene Gesserit vibes.
>>
>>51687356
Huh, are there Sororitas Pyskers?

Cause that would be badass as fuck
>>
The Mothers of the Lost
A Famulous Order with a small militant wing to protect its sisters in the field, the Mothers of the Lost are an organization dedicated to finding homes for the billions of human children orphaned by war and strife within the Imperium. These benevolent if strict sisters take in, feed, clothe, and educate if necessary those it takes in before conferring them to more permanent homes, either in the scholarship progenium o the sisterhood itself. A small, select group of genetically and personality compatible group they reserve however and send to the Keepers of the Covenant to serve as recruits and aspirants for the Chapter. The Chapter lends it's protection and assistance to the sisterhood in kind for this aid, and the two have formed a symbiotic relationship.
>>
>>51684932
Jews as merchants is a more recent development.

Go back far enough and they're a tribal warrior society like many others.
>>
I wonder if posting on this thread late at night before I sleep will give me Jewish dreams.
>>
>>51683813
Actually, Hebrew culture (that is, the people who conquered Canaan) and early Jewish culture (i.e. pre-diaspora) were surprisingly warlike. They had a rather developed "death in the name of God is righteous" philosophy, a deep, religious hatred for members of other religions rooted in a sense of cosmological superiority (that is unlike many other peoples in the ancient Middle East, who were actually fairly tolerant since if you're willing to acknowledge the existence of an infinite number of gods, no reason to assume the other guy's gods are just as legitimate...) and a renown for tenacity in battle.

Also, something something Rome needed two legions to quell their rebellion.
>>
Would they have a Chapter hero based Judah Maccabeus, complete with a relic warhammer?
>>
>>51683552
Just like in the Soviet Union, Die Juden would mostly wyrm themselves into higher positions like the commisars. Perhaps also rogue traders.
>>
>>51688360
>Astartes
>commissars and rogue traders
your reading comprehension is lacking
>>
>>51685729
The Masada issue is such a big deal in Judaism because as a general rule, unlike Christianity and Islam, Judaism DOESN'T have a martyrdom culture. The people of Masada apparently had some kind of truly epic, high intensity theological debate at the climax of the story which ended in the HIGHLY controversial conclusion that they would be "keeping God's name" by killing themselves. Even so, actual suicide is forbidden. So the men of Masada agreed that each one would be responsible for killing their own families as painlessly as possible during the night, then cast lots to see who'll be charged with killing whom, until only one remained.

That person would be damned to kill themselves, but they'll do so knowing that their soul's sacrifice bought all their comrades salvation.
>>
>The Chapter's initiation rite is known by the ancient name, Bar Mitzvah
>>
To fit with the Jewish Astartes Chapter, we need an accompanying, closely related Imperial Guard Regiment based on the Israeli Defense Force.
>>
>>51688399
I'm sorry, let me clarify myself. I think they would never become a space marine chapter and INSTEAD would seise high power positions (basically mirroring what they did in the Soviet Union) like Commisars and/or Rogue Traders.
>>
File: 002-samson-philistines.jpg (262KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
002-samson-philistines.jpg
262KB, 1024x768px
>>51683552
Only if it was as awesome as Samson.

Power-donkey-jaw, motherfuckers.

PS: maybe insert the nephilim, half-angel giants fits right in as a feral understanding of astartes.
>>
I much prefer these kinds of threads where people make a chapter based on an actual idea rather than letting the rolls decide.

Will monitor and see if I can contribute, however people seem to have a lot of things covered already.
>>
>>51688409

Given how the Romans treated captives, especially since these hard-cores had held them up for so damn long, it wasn't surprising that they cooked up an exception. The choice was vs "death by excruciating torture and public humiliation".

I really regret missing out on this thread now. I assumed it would be trollbait and so skipped it. :(

>>51688523

You've got it backwards. Jews were among the leaders of the Russian Revolution (Trotsky comes immediately to mind), largely because the Czars had spent the previous century using anti-Semitic persecution to distract the people from their own shitty rule. However, once in power, the Bolsheviks gradually started weeding out their Jews (not just Jews, but members of other non-Russian ethnicities as well, and muslims).

By the time of Stalin, there were active attempts to Russify the communist party. After Stalin's rule, Jews were actively excluded from party positions. It was hard (though not impossible) for a Jew to get a position in the KGB, Central Committee, or as a zampolit. Even academia (see http://www.tanyakhovanova.com/coffins.html). This anti-Semitism is why there were so many Jews among the dissidents.

So by saying that the communists took over and then Jews worked their way into positions of influence, you have it pretty much exactly backwards.
>>
>>51684022
Underrated post
>>
>>51687331

This actually brings up a good point. Astartes are sterile, right? And yet the duty to be fruitful and multiply, and the emphasis on family in general, is so important. And yet, how do you fulfill that mitzvah? Even if you marry a girl as a teen (common in history) and have kids with her, then you have a duty to take care of that family. And if you don't, then you've missed your chance to multiply altogether.

So then I remembered the Nazarite oath, and the more I think of it, its emphasis on purity and self-denial is a really good fit for the regimen of the Space Marines.
>>
>>51689572
i dont really care for jews either but damnit this is an interesting thread dont fuck it up
>>
How would Ashkenazic and Sephardic Companies differ?

In addition, I imagine Spess Mahrines loudly chanting the Codex Astartes to a semi-tune, with solos for sergeants.
>>
Are the librarians called Cantors (Hazanim) or Scribes (Sophrim)?
>>
>>51689222
>Power-donkey-jaw

How about this

Samson wields a power claw forged from the iron gob of an ork warlord he killed with his bare hands.

It's a crude, inhuman looking weapon, Orklike itself. And Orks are simultaneously in awe and fearful of Da Gob Puncha, cause he's a crazy sonofabitch and propa orky despite being a humie
>>
>>51689802
They can just be called librarians: Safranim. Jewish tradition holds all professions involved in the handling of texts in very high regard.
>>
>>51689802
Cantors sounds better than what I suggested in >>51685972 , especially if they chant the codex Astartes like >>51689756
>>
File: IMG_4143.png (2MB, 1792x1780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4143.png
2MB, 1792x1780px
>>51689756
>a feast at the Adeptas Ashkenazi monastery fortress
>>
>>51688339
yes
>>51685461
>One of their leaders should be named Maccabeus and have a giant thunder hammer

>>51686080
>The chapters first company is, in the style of most, the elite strike force of the Chapter. Colloquially called the Maqabim, after legendary chapter master Maqabes as well as the thunder hammers ( Maqabe meaning hammer in the ancient dialect of the chapter) their assault terminators make use of, the Maqabes are famous for single handedly reclaiming the Hasmon system from seperatists and heresy in a protracted guerilla war that saw the company making use of loyalist elements of PDF and Sororitas to exact lightning strikes against key targets. The populace was successfully recruited through a combination of charismatic daring and their religious practices converted, by force where necessary, returning Imperial worship to the planetary cluster.
>>
>>51689852
That image is more or less accurate about Ashkenazic food. Sephardic food, otoh, is the deranged bastard daughter of Greek, Italian, South-French, Turkish, Moroccan, Spanish and Egyptian food, without pig or seafood. It's pretty great.
>>
>>51689852
>>51689872
What if... What if we made french toast... OUT of Challah bread?
>>
>>51689882
That's what my family does on Sundays. It's...pretty fucking special.
>>
>>51689852
That chala is pretty widespread here in Switzerland.

We call it "Butterzopf" (Butterbraid)

Is that why my people are so rich and isolationist?
>>
>>51689882
Instant hyperglycemic shock.
>>
>>51689925
Isn't halla bread made with some kind of egg yellow for that ridiculous sweetness?
>>
>>51683552
So why would we need TWO Dark Angels chapters?
>>
>>51689925
You're so rich and isolationist because unlike the rest of the world you see the wisdom of not sticking your dick in other nations affairs unless it's for carful and considered business reasons.

Also take comfort in the fact that your nation will rule the world one day. We all know that your government's long term policy is to just sit their and outlast everybody else.
>>
>>51683868
If you're looking forward to it, don't say "back to /pol/".
>>
>>51683552
Makes no sense, the empower banned religion--what are you fucks on about?

I was just talking with someone the other day about how good it is that there are no Jews in 40k and you gotta post this.
>>
>>51683552
This... is not a bad idea. I suggest being careful, as /pol/ could leak into this thread. Also, I think that the dreadnoughts should look something like the golems of jewish myth.
>>
>>51689572
Fuck off christ-fag skinhead. Go bitch to your government skin-head. No body loves you.
>>
>>51689572
Who let he christian fundamentalists here? C'mon, cant you shut up about your god for a minute? I have friends who are christian, and they do not act like this. It's annoying. Go back to /pol/ to spread your cancerous ideology. We should ban everone who posted on /pol/ for 48 hours, on all other boards other then /b/. Let me guess, you also will be crying that the earth is flat, evolution isn't true, and also that the jews rule the illuminati and control everything. Yeah, you are probably a schizophrenic who can't afford the appropriate medicine.

>P.S. the holocaust happened
>>
>>51690208
>>51690164
Look guys I know /pol/ are a bunch of roving spergs who ree at the merest hint of anything that doesn't completely support the White Race, but don't take the bait. Hide the posts. Ignore.

I'm curious, however, what "traditional values" mean in the 41st millennium. I somehow doubt they remotely resemble what we consider "traditional values"
>>
>>51690235
I'd say it's largely feudalistic with a dash of modern dictatorships.
>>
>>51690308
What makes you come to that conclusion? And do you think that space feudalism would be similar to feudalism here?
>>
The chapter needs an Ordinatus Ulator pattern tank called the Horn of Jericho.
>>
>>51690324
Naw, feudalism is feudalism, regardless of dimensions.
>>
it would be interesting to see a islamic chapter
>>
>>51683790
Let me guess
>The Aryan Heirs
>>
>>51690584
Well, there's already an Islamic Guard Division, so why not?

For extra irony (and because of the importance of Cavalry in Islamic armies) I suggest they be White Scars successors
>>
File: ump.show_public_image.jpg (675KB, 1161x830px) Image search: [Google]
ump.show_public_image.jpg
675KB, 1161x830px
>>51683552
Epsilon power axes?

Bar Kochva ('son of the star') battle-barge flagship?

Chapter-master Eliezer ?

>All put on their swords in that day of danger,
>and stripped of their cloaks to join battle,
>running to the slaughter in good heart and in joy.
>-Samuel Ha Nagid of Granada (993 - 1055)

>>51688409
So this means a chapter which frowns on leroy jenkins charges?
>The only worse sin than carelessness is the needless sacrifice of the Emperor's gifts.

>>51689527
>Nazarite oath
Tell more.

>>51689804
It works for me, but what if it was something taken from a xenos beast?
>>
>>51683552
>Jewish Astartes
Impossible. Astartes are too tough to cut.
>>
You could take the book of Joshua with numbers filled off, and it would make for a great Astartes crusade.

>When the Astartes had finished killing all the men of Ai in the fields and in the wilderness where they had chased them, and when every one of them had been put to the sword, all the Israelites returned to Ai and killed those who were in it. Twelve million men, women, and abhumans fell that day—all the people of Ai. For chapter master Joshua did not draw back the hand that held out his power sword until he had destroyed all who lived in Ai. But the chapter did carry off for themselves the manufactorias and plunder of this city, as the Emperor had instructed Joshua.
>So Joshua burned Ai and made it a permanent heap of ruins, a desolate planet to this day. He impaled the body of the apostate cardinal of Ai on a pole and left it there until evening. At sunset, Joshua ordered them to take the body from the pole and throw it down at the entrance of the governor's palace. And they raised a large pile of rocks over it, which remains to this day.
(book of Joshua 6:24)

>>51689872
Sounds awesome, aside from the lack of pig. What kind of cheese does it have?

>>51690235
You got a million worlds, that means an astonishing variety of traditional values.
>>
>>51683552
Does their modified Geneseed give them the perception to pick up on a coin drop miles away and angular noses to detect subtle gasses?
>>
>>51689882

It's just "challah" not "challah bread", but yeah lots of cooking shows recommend it for French toast over brioche.

Pretty fucking amazing.

>>51690208

I'd say the odds are about 80% that that guy isn't even a practising Christian. I work with lots of devout Christians and most are actively philosemitic. It's the Fedora atheists, neopagan spiritualists, and lapsed trailer park kind-of-but-never-really-were Protestants who go all 4chan /pol/tard neonazi. Actually much the same crowd that produces the SJWs.
>>
>>51690791
Dude on the chair looks stoned off his ass
>>
>>51684161
>Word Bearer loyalists
I like this idea. My Word Bearers are very influenced with Qliphothic mysticism, so It'd be fun to see a chapter based around kabbalistic mysticism. Though that's just my personal word bearers army, so not sure if it does fit the actual 40k lore as perfectly as it'd fit as a counter to my own army concept.
>>
Needs more Elijah, because for once it would be nice to have a Space Marine psyker with command over animals that's not a Space Wolf.
>>
>>51690922
You're talking about Elisha, Elijah's student and successor. Elijah was WAY more badass than that - dude was the definition of "great and terrible prophet, full of fury". Motherfucker took no shit from nobody - he was always angry all the time.

How does one prove the superiority of the Hebrew god to 400 priests of the Ba'al? Why, naturally BY SLAUGHTERING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM (but not after thoroughly mocking them and causing a gigantic, miracle conflagration with the power of his BURNING HOT FAITH). Dude was so metal that he wouldn't just die normally: a chariot of fire came down from the heavens in a storm of thunder and lightning to carry him up to sit at God's side.
>>
>>51690991
(not until after)*, seriously phone, why do this to me?
>>
>>51690991
>>51690999
Yeah, Elijah's death was ridiculously awesome. Nothing even happened to him, dude was just like, one day "Yeah, I think I've burned everything there's to burn in this world. Bored now. So long dudes whooooooooooosh" *ascends on a chariot of fire and lightning*
>>
>>51690791

Not the guy you're responding to, but the Nazirite oath was something taken back in the Temple Period, and some of the famous Biblical figures (Sampson and Samuel spring to mind) were permanent Nazirites.

Essentially, the Nazirite swears, for a certain duration (sometimes life) to refrain from

1) Cutting their hair

2) Eating grapes or any grape product, such as drinking wine

3) Going near dead bodies.

Usually, you would only do this for about a month, serve your time, and then bring a sacrifice ( a sin-offering, actually, which is interesting), and then go back to your normal life. Sometimes though, as mentioned above, certain figures would become permanent nazirites. It's not clear whether it was considered some kind of remedial therapy thing, or if it was considered to be a higher state of spirituality. All of the individual actions have other parallels in religious Judaism, the first two are commonly done while mourning, while the keeping away from the dead seems to be a hightened sensitivity to issues of ritual purity.

Obviously, you'd have to tweak it somewhat for an Astartes, one who can't be near the dead is going to be ineffective. But that's basically the Nazirite oath in a nutshell.
>>
>>51690991
This is what annoyed the shit out of me about the Noah film.

Why the fuck did they do that film and add a bunch of weird shit in for no reason.

Why not just do a different story that had METAL AS FUCK shit in it already.
>>
File: Maccabian_Jannisary_close_up.jpg (174KB, 971x1471px) Image search: [Google]
Maccabian_Jannisary_close_up.jpg
174KB, 971x1471px
>>51683552

We all agree that Maccabeus Quintus should be their recruiting world.
As of style I would perhaps make it very Golem looking since they are the "Protectors of the Imperium".
Name wise maybe the Crimson Zealots, Samsonite Knights, Stars of Maccabeus.
>>
>An Imperial Guard chapter hailing from the arid fortress world of Zion Secondus, deep in the heart of ork territory...
>>
>>51689852
Damn this is making me hungry... and I don't care what you say, I like fishballs !
>>
>>51684533
Mate if you could turn psykers into blanks Chaos would be a minor annoyance.
>>
>>51691046
>Why the fuck did they do that film and add a bunch of weird shit in for no reason.

All of that shit was in the original scriptures except for the hippy shit about Noah being a bad dad
>>
>>51684932
Can still work.

Jew marines step into the battlefield, guns gleaming. The heretics shoot him.

Next thing they know Tzeenecths in court and has to pay fees, because he was negligent in letting his cultists have stubbers and really how can the other gods not blame him for making a war so violent so very very violent.
>>
>>51690878
>I work with lots of devout Christians and most are actively philosemitic.
We grew out of anti-semitism after a while, seeing as Scripture says they're still Gods chosen people despite being a bunch of retarded assholes, and that the whole Jesus death thing was necessary, good for everyone, and planned by God anyway

really the big divider between us is the messianic/divine nature of Jesus, Christians obviously believing he was the Messiah and Jews think he wasn't, for obvious reasons (them killing him for one)
>>
File: 1437568810306.jpg (57KB, 384x353px) Image search: [Google]
1437568810306.jpg
57KB, 384x353px
>all these people who didn't even read the thread and are just spouting garbage

I bet you niggers don't even know what a Sicarii is
>>
I am back fuck me. A lot has happened. And just for the info of the thread. The Sicarii where a zealot group who broke off of Jewish Zealots.
>>
>>51683552
As a non-goy, I would. But it would definitely need to have its chapter culture based of ancient Judea.
>>
Maybe a bit too much on the nose but have this chapter deny the divinity of the Emperor as anything other than an inspired man... yet extremely dedicated to the imperial creed of destroying its enemies and purging heretics.

The Imperial church distrusts them incredibly for their disbelief but keep their misgivings to themselves, because they have contacts with a chapter that has 100% always responded to their calls for aid. This puts them working with the sisters and going on crusade fairly regular thing.

Other SM chapters are wary, even whispering of them as lap tops of the Ecclessiarchy. Making the chapter a bit of a pariah not fully accepted by any segment of imperial society.

Their responsibilities means the chapter is spread out across the galaxy and they have small outposts and a large nomadic fleet to help. There are rumours that they have a larger than codex astartes allowed chapter, although their connections with the powerful imperium means such matters arent seriously inspected.

For their part, its always been argued that the nature of their strategy means they have a large fleet, the extra marines component being the reasoning for the discrepency. No one is quite satisfied with this answer,,,
>>
>>51691405
>have this chapter deny the divinity of the Emperor as anything other than an inspired man.
the problem is that is literally the posistion of *every* Space Marine chapter barring very few exceptions. They regard the Emperor and his Primarchs as men, which is why the Ecclesiarchy and the SoB's are traditionally so skeptical of Spess Marines

You literally just described the Black Templars + Fedora.
>>
>>51691425
. Ill copy and paste each of these things down. So Alrighty thank you anon.
>>
File: 1429960684704.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1429960684704.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>51691453
>tfw chose those posts because many of them were mine
>>
>>51691463
Actually did read it and enjoyed the content of the posts. Honestly didn't even notice the whole you posted most of it.
>>
>>51691247
That was mostly the Romans, because it was Roman tradition at the time to put people who were potential rebels to death (and Jesus was definitely fighting with the establishment).

The Romans only got a break from that accusation when large numbers started converting.
>>
Shit got a deathwatch. Sorry got to go again. Oh and the OP says he liked it. Except for Judges thing. Didn't say why.
>>
150 posts and nobody addressed the buttsex issue
>>
why yes, yes he does
>>
>>51691571
>Except for Judges thing. Didn't say why.
Reeeeeee
>>
>>51684533
I've thought about something like this with the Sensei's, pre-perpetual. They used the warp without the negative impacts.
The Culexus use the Animus speculum to project their blankness, and in the Horus Heresy novel Nemesis the black Pariah Spear could do it across a solar system.
I like this idea!
>>
>>51684555
Nephilim were the children of men and angels.
Maybe a geen-seed flaw doesn't chem-geld them, and they can reproduce?
Half human, half Astartes, they can't become fully fledged Marines but they're huge and they use them as troops?
Just throwing ideas out there.
>>
>>51692137

I'm sure something like that would provoke a reaction from the Inquisition.

Besides, the Nephilim are something that's part of the mythology of Jewish belief, they weren't people that the Jews did much interaction with, unless you count a few legends of figures like Sichon and Og, whom they fought against anyway.
>>
>>51692173
You could find something that fits.
SM had children with some mortals, inquisitor saw that, flipped the exterminatus switch, and sent some melta torpedoes to melt the polar caps of the planet, causing a mythical flood.
But a few nephilims managed to escape, and the chapter encountered them a couple millenias later. They are now trying to figure what to do with them, as the inquisition is likely to repeat their previous course of action. But on the other hand they're brothers in a way, and also carry the ssed of the Emperor.

Or it's just some abhumans that really look like the mythical children of astartes.
>>
>>51692295
Yeah, it seems to me a lot more likely that since the Astartes here are taking the role of the Hebrews, not angels, the nephilim should just be a race of abhumans native to the planet who were huge and anthropophagic. They were exterminatus'd in a mythical "flood".
>>
>>51689527
>Astartes are sterile,
Its pretty Ambiguous
>>
>>51690056
What
>>
>>51692902
Powerlines only swim in the summer, if Morton eats his cake and monkeys inside wheels. But what does the hedgehog care? They don't smoke.
>>
Some possible names, or inspiration f9r possible names. Some serious some not.

>Desert Falcons
>Azure Suns
>Dune Hawks
>Crimson Golems
>Star Slayers
>Nomads
>Steel Wanderers
>Vault Lords
>Gold Keepers
>Brazier Runners
>Chosen Lords
>Golden Sons
>The Ashen
>Void Merchants
>Judges of Tyrian
>Defenders of Agraman
>Seekers of Zion
>Indigo Inquisitors
>Saphire Seekers
>Hammers of Zion
>>
File: bmloz.jpg (11KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
bmloz.jpg
11KB, 201x251px
>>51693381
>Lions of Zion
>>
>>51693447
Or Mormon Marines
>>
>>51692868
The lack of hman/SM hybrids in 40k makes me think they don't have reproductive capabilities.
Because I can't picture chapters like Space Wolves having chastity vows.
>>
Wasn't it written somewhere that the modifications Space Marines get retard all sexual desire, and/or implied that their genitals are removed?
>>
>>51693381
>>The Ashen
Kek
>>
>>51693757
Their genitals aren't removed, they just go through so much hypno-indoctrination and have so much of their regular mental capacity replaced with WAR ALL THE TIME EVERY TIME EVERY DAY that they simply don't really feel sexual desire.

If some woman rubbed up on their junk for long enough, I'm sure it would become erect, just like you can give a sleeping or unwilling dude an erection, but they wouldn't be very interested in it.

And with so much genetic alteration having been done to the Marines, anything that came out of them would almost certainly be nonviable.
>>
This thread really makes me want to write a short story entitled "Fiddler on the Hive."

Rewriting Tevya as the devout head of a downtrodden Imperial peasant living a harsh life on an agriworld just fits the setting really well.

The Nephilim might fit better as traitors who support themselves with Fabius Bile style experimentation, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>51693875
>"May the Emperor keep the Ecclesiarchy... Far far away!"
>>
>>51693837
At the very least, you probably wouldn't get much out of it without serious genetic modification of the product.

Now, the Nephilim could also have been created by installing "cloned" geneseed in applicants, or trying to move geneseed to applicants as quickly as possible, or something like that.
>>
>>51693932
Or they could be some sort of Auxilia force made up of those half-astartes like Kor Pharon and Luther.
>>
1d4chan page when?
>>
>>51694465
Do it faggot.
My grasp of english isn't firm enough for me to edit wikis.
>>
To expand on the nephilim idea:

The astartes were always expected to be the guardians of mankind, not their rulers, despite their vastly superior genetics and abilities. As such they are cut off from the rest of the Imperium, only appearing to the common citizen to slay the Emperor's foes.
Yet on rare occurences marines lay with mortal women and produce offsprings, usually due to a quirk in their geneseed.
As with the primarchs, such offspings quickly rise to important positions and multiply, and it isn't unheard of planets being populated only with superhuman creatures after a few generations.

Thus the [jewish marines, name pending] were created, hunting their half brothers to preserve the Imperium from those abhuman monsters.

I tried not to reproduce (heh) other similar chapters like the Quasimodo marines.

Also, should halfbreeds produce female offsprings? If yes, we get female space marines, if "yes but zygotes not working", that's a bit magical realmy and convenient, and if not (malfunctionning zygotes kills the foetus?) it explains why the Inquisition is so afraid of the Nephilim, because it dooms manking on the long run.
>>
>>51694665
>Yet on rare occurences marines lay with mortal women and produce offsprings

If this were ever shown to be possible, the entire Imperium would break itself in half to either prevent being subjugated by the new master race, or to grovel before said master race.

Even the Emperor was concerned about this sort of thing.
>>
I'm seeing WAAAYYY too much Sue Shit with this nephillim nonsense. I'd say cut it entirely and be better off, or have them be creatures of legend in the chapter. Most important things for me in a chapter?

>Name
>Colours
>History
>Chapter Culture
>Individuals of note

That's it. If that gets decided I'll fix up the 1d4chan page
>>
Yeah, people have gotten so enamored with the nephilim angle actual Chapter development's halted to a standstill. Shame on you, boys, you were doing great.
>>
>>51695022
I'd say some of them get horns sometimes and call it a day.

I'm more interested in how being jews affects their tactical acumen
>>
Would they be circumcised before or after the tranformation?
>>
>>51683915
t. OP
>>
>>51683915
>non-Jews have an association to /pol/
>>
>>51695934
>what is logic
>>
File: 500px-Tree_of_life_wk_02.svg[1].png (98KB, 500x877px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Tree_of_life_wk_02.svg[1].png
98KB, 500x877px
>>51695022
Better run an angle to death than scatter discussion until it is nothing but a brouhaha.
But if you wish to discuss another element instead of bitching, nobody prevents you from doing so.

On a sidenote, how about basing the ten companies on the ten sephirot?
>>
>>51696071
Oh that's a great idea. But how's about we knock out the basics first.

What the fuck is our name?
>>
>>51694942
Especially considering half of this shit isn't really Judaistic stuff, merely Canaanite shit the Jews co-opted when they infested the city state to death.

What people are looking for is a Semitic inspired Astartes, not just the zealots who backstabbed people when they were not busy losing.
>>
The big issue with Kike Marines is well, their entire Mythology is three things

a) ripping off another semitic culture

b) Getting punish by their god for no reason

c) both of the above

Things like Samson are just Gilgamesh analogies.

Solomon is a harp on the Semitic god king. The jews were not very good warriors because they were conquered by damn near everyone and rewrote their history to cover it up.
>>
>>51696127
Bahar Hassekar? Chosen of the Emperor in pig hebrew.
>>
>>51683552
shit like this makes me appreciate /pol/
>>
File: 500px-Doctor_Manhattan_(Movie).jpg (44KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Doctor_Manhattan_(Movie).jpg
44KB, 500x593px
>>51696346
>Things like Samson are just Gilgamesh analogies
Please, wise one, tell us how Herakles, Beowulf and King Arthur were all just retellings of the story of a historical Aryan Gilgamesh.
>>
>>51696346
>>51696284
So Semitic marines with a belief system inspired by Jewish tradition
>>
>>51696463
Why not Kabbalah? SM Chapters are perfect for hermeticism.
>>
I'm rather surprised how civil this thread has been.
>>
>>51696371
Nah the Chapter name can't betray the chapter culture. Like this list, for example >>51693381 you wouldn't look at Azure Suns and go "Oh, these guys are Semitic"
>>
>>51696449
The parallels between Gilgamesh and Samson are actually pretty blatant.

The Irony is Samson in't Gilgamesh, but Enkiru, who was covered in hair and made a giant man by Gilgmesh's enemies, who was tricket by a Harlot to lay with man and give up his god-given power.

Then again, Noah's flood and the tree in Genesis are pretty much copied from Gilgamesh too, but again, seen as the opposite.

The jews hated the other cultures.
>>
>>51696521
I think at this point we go full 40k and start cannibalizing aspects from all Semetic peoples, just as Ultras are a mish mash of Greek and Roman influences, vut not let the Semetic parts over power the 40k parts, like the Blood Jaguars
>>
>>51696586
There are literally no similarities between them beyond being strong, rowdy and fighty. Hercules is more Gilgamesh than Samson, at least they both wrestle a bull at one point.
>>
>>51690922
Elisha Bear-Master?
>>
Does this mean we get 40kified raid on entebbe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eHpFgEJdNc
>>
>Drop pods flying into a planet as the loud chanting of GOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIMMMMMM can be heard

That said, REMEMBER THAT FUCKING JEW KING WHO YHVH GAVE A FUCKING SHITLOADS OF DEMONS TO PLAY AROUND WITH THAT WENT UNDER THE RADAR?

Yeah, these guys. have like, Unaligned Chaos Daemons hidden away or something, and enjoy burning their victims alive in cow ovens.
>>
>>51697378
King Solomon. He had a ring given to him by the Archangel Micheal with which he could command them.

>burning their victims alive in cow ovens.
Oy vey, now that's a holocaust.
>>
WHAT'S THE FUCKING CHAPTER NAME
>>
>>51698199
The International Bankers Union
>>
>>51698199
Rothsmarines
>>
>>51685526
>Before that you have Judah Macabee and his army, who were some hardcore motherfuckers that drove the Persians out of Israel using guerrilla warfare.

They drove out the greeks, not the persians.
>>
>>51698381
>>51698408
And here we can see the sharp decline in quality of the thread
>>
>>51698459
>>51698199
I like Azure Suns. But our name is kinda dependant on who our progenitor chapter is, I think
>>
>>51698459
"decline"
>>
>>51683813
Do you know where the word Zealot even fucking comes from?
>>
>>51689882
Yes, you can. And it is decadent.
>>
>>51692868

So it's like /pol/. Theoretically, they're too degenerate to produce offspring, but we don't know in practice because who would ever have sex with one?
>>
>>51683552
They did
>Who was samson
>>
File: Names.jpg (61KB, 892x178px) Image search: [Google]
Names.jpg
61KB, 892x178px
>>51683552
The Dark Angels chapter is based on the Hebrews. This might not be exactly what you were focusing on, but fyi.

The Dark Angels represent the Hebrews. They are technically considered a part of the 'true God's' camp but are viewed with some suspicion. The Dark Angels are secretive and invoke a bit of mistrust because of it. One of the signature things about the Dark Angels is their past, many of them turned to the Chaos Gods during the Horus Heresy. A recurring
theme in the Jewish Bible is the Hebrews turning away from the 'true God' and serving other Gods. Several times this results in religiously motivated violence where those who turned away from God must be made to return to the true God or be killed for their betrayal (often both); the same internal problems plague the Dark Angels.

This is also why they are the 1st legion. Judaism predates Christianity.

Azrael is often identified with the Archangel of Death in Hebrew

Naaman was an Aramean who converted to Judaism, God gave him military victories and the prophet Elisha helped Naaman cure his leprosy

Asmodai is a demon featured in the Kabbalah, the Talmud, and the Testament of Solomon and is supposed to have been one of the demons who Solomon used to build the Temple of Jerusalem

Ezekiel was a Hebrew prophet
>>
>>51700672
So we can safely assume that the chapter is of Dark Angel stock?
>>
>>51701315
Or is the Dark Angels themselves. The Imperium is roughly based on Judeo-Christianity with the Emperor as the Christ. Everyone is waiting for his second coming. Of course, it's not an exact replica but it is clearly based on it.
>>
>>51701843
I think we want to lay it a little thicker with the semetic aspect than the vaguely Catholic aspects, though
>>
>>51693346
>>
>>51702094
That's the impression I was getting, hopefully my original post >>51700672 helps in some way.
>>
>>51696346
>The jews were not very good warriors
That is just blatantly wrong. The Hebrews were know for being absolutely batshit crazy on the battlefield. They got their land by beating the shit our of everyone else in it. They gave Rome a hell of a fight while outnumbered and under supplied. Like most cultures back then they had an important warrior tradition. Just because they got conquered doesn't mean they didn't know how to fight.
>>
>>51688305
>something something Rome needed two legions to quell their rebellion

>needed

The Roman's completely destroyed the Jews every time they mounted an insurrection. The number of legions were to merely match/challenge the number they were up against.

>>51685526
Which revolt, because there were about 3, all of which were completely annihilated and didn't push the Roman's anywhere near a "hard fought" war.

During Kitos War, they were fighting garrison forces, which were a joke, until the real legionary's came in and kicked their ass.

In the Bar Kokhba revolt, they were up against around 400,000 Jews, and at best, had around 1/4th the number of Legionary's against them, they still crushed them absolutely. In the first revolt, again, they totally crushed them. They were so confident after defeating the primary Jewish stronghold, that they let a single legion mop up the rest of them.
>>
>>51704208
Would you

Would you say it was

Would you say it was like a shoah
>>
>>51690056
>>/pol/

off you go old chap
>>
But anon, chaos marines already exist!
>>
>>51683552
so they'd get others to fight their battles for them?
>>
>>51710098
That's the America Marines. Screaming Eagle chapter or whatever it was called.
>>
File: tzipporah.jpg (165KB, 1024x1196px) Image search: [Google]
tzipporah.jpg
165KB, 1024x1196px
>>51683552
Idk about astartes, but I've always thought Jewish/Hebrew-themed Sisters of Battle would be cool.

>>51700672
I hadn't considered it, but this is an excellent point.
>>
>>51683552
>not a single blood raven joke.

I'm shocked.
>>
>>51711406
I thought Tzipporah was a Midianite?
>>
>>51711476
Gypsies are usually not jewish.
>>
>>51711502
She was, but I couldn't find a good picture of legitimate hebrew women that would illustrate the kind of aesthetic I was getting at, so I figured this was in the right ballpark.
>>
>>51711720
That good?
>>
>>51711740
That works, yeah.
>>
>>51711740
She looks Arab
>>
File: 225px-Rabbi-bot.jpg (11KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
225px-Rabbi-bot.jpg
11KB, 225x169px
>>51683552
>So what's the deal with the God-Emperor? Do you not worship him or what?
>>Well we believe that he was a man, and a great man indeed, but he isn't our god.
>>
>>51712808
Hey! The banner uses the wrong form of the letter מ in היום!
>>
So whens this gonna archived.
>>
But they have them already. They're the Sons of Medusa.
>>
>>51689852
>forgets the cholent
Now that's Astartes food. It will stick to your ribs. Just make sure the slow cooker won't burn it after six hours cooking, because it needs 12-24 hours to the flavor right.
>>
>>51713575
Cholent isn't stereotypically Ashkenazi enough. It's one of the few food items shared across the various kitchens.
>>
>>51713317
They're more greek, no?
>>
>It's another dead /tg/ chapter

DUDE
GET SHITS DONE
LMAO
>>
>>51716726
Couldn't even get a fucking name.
>>
Obvious jokes:

The chapter has far more Apothecaries than other chapters, and each squad has at least one apothecary.

Fantastic at desert warfare.

All Beaky helmets
>>
>>51692173
>>51692295
>Nephilim are a splitoff charter who were corrupted by Chaos. The main charter has gone on a penitence crusade against them.
>>
>>51718839
Second place after the apothecaries: lawyers.
Strangely enough, very few Rabbis.
Third place: accountants.
They don't have squads, they have minyans.
Don't. Touch. The. Forelocks.
Teshuvah means forgiveness. It also means charity. We give to charity. Its usually given to the enemy, and consists of enough fire to keep every molecule warm for the rest of their lives.
We always wear our helmets, because we must keep our heads covered in the eyes of the God-Emperor.
Teffilin are actually awesome, and in this case can be made of wards against chaos. (My Father's teffilin would, in 40k terms, qualify as relics: they, and the man that gave them to him, were smuggled out of Auschwitz on that man's Bar Mitzvah.)
Arguments over everything halachic, including ridiculous situations like conversion of Dolphins (true story).
The God-Emperor has been outvoted (actual Talmudic story).
How do you make a small fortune as a Space Marine? Start with a large one.
I could go on, after I find my book of Jewish humor (I think my mom stole it)
>>
>combat tefilin
>>
Chapter founding:

His homeworld obliterated, the founder escapes with his two daugthers who get him drunk and fuck him.
>>
>>51689492
>You've got it backwards. Jews were among the leaders of the Russian Revolution (Trotsky comes immediately to mind), largely because the Czars had spent the previous century using anti-Semitic persecution to distract the people from their own shitty rule.
Hey there, moishe. Does that obvious lying still work elsewhere or something?
>>
>>51720876
Hey there Torquemada, still trying to punish us for your fetish? Don't worry, we understand that you find our women attractive. We also understand that you never learned what the female orgasm is, considering the limitations of your upbringing.
>>
>>51692137
>>51692173
>>51692295
>>51719458
>One of their Apothecaries went completely Fabius Bile and tried to reverse-engineer Geneseed to create a new species of superhumans. The Inquisition disproved and Chaos got involved somehow.
>>
>>51689852
Still better than British cuisine
>>
>>51684555
Ahhhh read Fear to Tread....Sanguinius and Horus destroy the Nephilium
>>
Jew Marines would always complain about points.......Oy Vey how am I worth 200 points when the Sgt with Thunderhammer is only 120
>>
>>51691091
>Samsonite Knights
They could carry a luggage instead of a backpack
>>
>>51687074
>rage quitting

Lol git gud
>>
Visitor from /diy/. I need to start spending more time on /tg/, I was expecting a full-on /pol/ invasion - deliberately-offensive reactions and thread derailing - but there was very little of that; instead there is a lot of interest and respect for history, theology, folklore, fact stating and grounded discussion around a common interest. This really caught me off guard, /tg/ seems like a nice place still out of /pol/'s spillover. .
>>
>>51725620
You'll be in for disappointment if you think we're /pol/ free, but yeah, this is a surprisingly good thread.
Good work /tg/!
>>
File: laughing pink hair.gif (500KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pink hair.gif
500KB, 500x281px
>>51725620
>still out of /pol/'s spillover

But seriously, it seems like /pol/ derailment has gone down in recent months. So good on there at least.
>>
>>51725698
Considering all that happened was discussion with some shitty bump posts
>>51723484

It was pretty good even though it's dead again
RIP
Dream marines
RIP
Shield Marines
Who else is OK the list of dead /tg/ chapters?
>>
>>51726164
>Dream marines
>Shield Marines
What? Who are they?
>>
For some reason I'm seeing this as a chapter of Chaos Space Marines. Perhaps because their home world believed that their part of humanity was so much better than the rest that all the other humans didn't really matter so could be subjected and killed without repercussions.

Inspired by the orthodox belief in a Jewish soul and where only the actions of those people according to the old testament can bring G-d back to his creation where they may be reunited.
>>
>>51712808
The funny thing is, it's literally what he Emperor to want.
>>
File: Shes a big girl.png (477KB, 556x640px) Image search: [Google]
Shes a big girl.png
477KB, 556x640px
Jewish space marines

>Renegade faction
>Would either be for khorne because they worship a god of war or tzeentch because of their schemes.
>use auxiliary forces to do most of their dirty work (goyiam)
>Infiltrate the imperium in a similar manner to Alpha legion
>Have big monstrous creatures made of metal and flesh known as golems
>Apostles will lead the cultist in a similar manner as the commissar's from Russia
>Actual number of chaos space marines is small but the ones that do exist are all CHOSEN
>driven by greed and power

Just make a successor warband to alpha legion really
>>
>one of their chaplains starts calling them out on their corruption of Imperial doctrine
>they don't like this
>they have him betrayed, tortured, and executed
>a rival chapter steals his body and turns him into a dreadnought three days later
>he comes back and wrecks them
It's either that or they are somehow behind the death of Sanguinius, and I'm not sure how that would work.
>>
>>51726356
That makes even more sense if you look into the history of Kabbalah, and the Jewish blood rituals, or "blood libel" as they have been called.

The Jew Marines are probably former Khornates who switch over to worshipping Tzeench after a humiliating defeat. (Pre/post-diaspora)
>>
>>51719535
wouldn't the lawyers BE the chaplains (rabbis)?

Also, training/payer involves studying imperial law. Thus being friendly with the administratum and arbites.
>>
>>51690661
we did that about a year ago, maybe?
>>
>kek le untrusty scheming jesus-selling merchant meme and jews are all chaos
I want /pol/ to leave and not come back.
>>
File: jews are khornates.jpg (59KB, 493x425px) Image search: [Google]
jews are khornates.jpg
59KB, 493x425px
Here we see a group of Jew Marine chapter serfs preparing lunch for the Marines.
>>
>>51728429
Actually, that's the buffet at /pol/con.
And babies aren't kosher. Now, Catholics... Those I can believe blood libel about, I mean, they eat the flesh and drink the blood of their prophet!
>>
>>51728763
Kabbalists (tbf, that's esoteric Judaism, not normal Judaism) would bake the blood of Christian children into their matzo as a means of "hedging their bets". so to speak. If it really turns out that Jesus was the Messiah, then they will be saved, too.

>Babies aren't kosher
Depending on your interpretation, only Jewish babies aren't kosher.
>>
>>51728863

Not the guy you're responding to,m but that's serious bullshit.

>Kabbalists (tbf, that's esoteric Judaism, not normal Judaism) would bake the blood of Christian children into their matzo as a means of "hedging their bets". so to speak. If it really turns out that Jesus was the Messiah, then they will be saved, too.

Since Jesus never said you should kill random people and bake their blood into your bread, I don't see why.

>Depending on your interpretation, only Jewish babies aren't kosher.

Since when do non-Jewish babies have split hooves or ruminate?
>>
>>51684316
I'm told that it's just the verbal IQ that averages higher, but so much so that it distorts the average as a whole. So take that with a grain of salt - it may not be that they're smart, but that they're simply that good at lying about how smart they are.
>>
>>51728977
>I'm told that it's just the verbal IQ that averages higher, but so much so that it distorts the average
Source. Also I don't think you know how IQ tests work at any level.
>>
File: lappy - Copy.jpg (90KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
lappy - Copy.jpg
90KB, 501x585px
>>51683552
Implying they're not the Imperiums greatest allies the mechanicum with their little patch in the solar system, hording all those stc's.
>>
>>51729012
I don't claim I do. I do however know how politics work and as I never got any source on the original test either I felt it appropriate to point this out.
>>
>>51729012
>I'm told that it's just the verbal IQ that averages higher, but so much so that it distorts the average
>Source. Also I don't think you know how IQ tests work at any level.
>I don't claim I do. I do however know how politics work and as I never got any source on the original test either I felt it appropriate to point this out.

So... they're that much smarter? I mean, be honest, would you've second guessed an IQ test that said the average IQ in Ghana is 68 Even though that's literally impossible given how IQ tests are conducted and what they mean?
>>
>>51729148
I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. As far as I'm aware IQ is a catch-all term to gauge base intellectual capacity, for which several different testing methods exist. I've never seen a source confirming higher Jewish base IQ, however, and keep hearing about how smart Jews are from Jews who think I don't know they're Jews. So obviously I will point out what else I'm told to someone who claims the American Media as his main source of information.
>>
>>51729107
>I don't claim I do
If you have no source to back up a claim that ridiculous, that completely goes against how an IQ test is performed, than it's pretty silly of you to still hold it in high enough esteem to suggest it as an alternative explanation, is it?

>>51729148
>So... they're that much smarter?
Based on personal experience, from Ashkenazi Israelis who worked with/for me in the past? Yes.
>>
>>51729148
not him, but when I was tested as a kid I got a verbal score of 142. Then again, anecdotes are useless for statistics, and we're currently on 4chan, so this should be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>51729293
Not really. I say that one claim without source is no more or less ridiculous than any other. Now you yourself cite personal experience - is there a source for you?
>>
>>51729386
>you yourself cite personal experience
My personal experience is as useless for making a general claim as your "lie yourself into looking smart" hypothesis is. If the claim that the general IQ is higher is found to be true, I would resort to believing that one, just as I would if it were found to be the opposite. My personal experience and opinions have very little weight on what I choose to believe as wide-area claims about the world.

I also find it funny how /pol/ would swallow whole the claim that blacks in general have lower IQ scores, but would reject that claim that, say, Jews have higher IQ scores. Hypocrisy and other mental gymnastics are the first telltales of a blind zealot.
>>
>>51728977
Here
>>51729377
Brothers in dubs means you might as well be me. I'll find some place that does IQ tests and ask about testing methods some time though. This thread is making me curious.
>>
So, did someone archive this or put it on 1d4chan?
I'd like to have a trace if someone wants to put some work and research into it
>>
>>51729484
Well yeah, but my point is that those who'd take that belief for proven without there being proof (and while this also is a personal anecdote I've had everything from insults to attacks directed at me for not buying it, which in my country almost always means -somebody-'s covering up data) are also sort of blind zealots. If the idea holds and independent bodies (here, ideally, meaning neither Jewish nor antisemitic) have determind this average deviation to be there, that's that and I'm the zealot. If the idea doesn't hold and whatever study went into it is linked to the overrepresentation of Jews in American academia (which may or may not be linked to the widespread abuse of affirmative action), that's that and you're the zealot. So let's agree to not hurl that kind of speech around before someone actually links this to /pol/.
>>
>>51729591
not worthy of suptg or 1d4chan, I think. just use warosu.
>>51729663
Since when did affirmative action favor Jews? over representation, as far as I'm aware (though it may just be that I'm biased as a Jew myself), has been mostly due to a cultural emphasis on education. The question parents ask isn't "are you going into higher education"- it's "where are you going, what will you be studying, how far you will go, and what will I be able to brag about to the other parents?"
>>
>>51729591
WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A CHAPTER NAME
>>
>>51731605
>The Chapter couldn't agree on one.
>>
>>51726254
>Dream marines
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Emperor%27s_Nightmare
>>
>>51731837
Holy shit, this is the best punchline ever.
>>
>>51731837
>>51731605

The chapter's name was lost, and it would be disrespectful to give them a new on out of nowhere.
It makes interaction with the rest of the Imperium a bit hard, but they manage.
So, how about we call them The Nameless?

>You can't forget your name.
You can't forget your primogenitor either unless you're very stupid, and yet look at the number of unknown origin chapters.
>>
>>51734133
Okay, what's the shield marines?
>>
The was going to be the best thread on /tg/.

Now it's the worst
>>
>>51737180
>that name exist in canon tho
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Nameless
>>
>>51739669
As they got basically zero fluff, we can do whatever we want with them without conflicting official material.

>most eastern based chapter of the Imperium
>homeworld is an artificial planet
That's cool.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.