[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /tg/, how do you properly do Chinese fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: ChineseFantasy-Medium.jpg (64KB, 696x768px) Image search: [Google]
ChineseFantasy-Medium.jpg
64KB, 696x768px
Tell me /tg/, how do you properly do Chinese fantasy?
>>
Face. Face everywhere.

And drinking special medicines to power up.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.675088745_fmg1.jpg (221KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.675088745_fmg1.jpg
221KB, 1500x1125px
Oh look, this thread again.

Here, have this, near enough finest silk.
>>
Basically this entire thread, but this post chain in particular is very interesting.

>>51676596
>>
>>51681130
Start in a Noodle Shop and make sure your Lips are out of sync.
>>
File: 1470176965398.png (512KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470176965398.png
512KB, 900x900px
>>51681369
>>
>>51681130
>Chinese fantasy
Surpassing the US as the global superpower
t. yuropoor
>>
>>51681702
Okay. Please take this to pol.

>>51681130
China has more than kung fu fightan. Their view of the afterlife for example is fascinating. Filial children will burn "Hell money" which they believe their dead ancestors (who all go to Hell) can use to spend while in Hell. They also burn Mercedes car effigies etc for the same purpose. Then there's "Ghost marriages" where parents of dead unmarried son will pair him with another single dead girl so that they're happy in the afterlife. There's also the Hungry Ghost festival and so on.
>>
>>51681130
By looking into Chinese mythology and culture.

I would say something more specific but I'm a lazy ass that doesn't know much about the subject.
>>
>>51681130
Start by reading Feng Shen Ji
>>
>>51681130
Call me a racist but I prefer to stay away non-western inspired fantasy that I don't understand and stick to Western inspired fantasy which I can understand.
>>
Wu Xia. Everyone has a bone to pick with someone else. Usually over a misunderstanding. They'll get over it after a good fight.

Read (or watch adaptions of) anything by Jin Yong.
https://youtu.be/jZhQHa0kPBE
>>
Claim to have invented everything, even things you demonstrably did not.
>>
>>51681130
Everything is the Monkey King's fault. Always. Every Deity in Heaven agrees he's an ass.
>>
>>51681130
People keep a lot of pretenses to earn respect, but "these aren't just pretenses" isn't one of them.
Beyond that, everyone is greedy to a fault and blindly acts on vengeance.

The fast tracks to power (physical, social, or magical) involve crushing those who rely on you (or the innocent) under heel.
>>
File: 1414415590068.png (646KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1414415590068.png
646KB, 800x900px
>>51681915
Somehow this sounds like a nice premise for [whatever you call Chinese anime or LN]: an average NEET hikki who will never get a girlfriend agrees to marry some old couple's dead daughter in return for enough money to buy loads of vidya. After choking to death on a cheeto, he finds himself in hell.
Good news: Hell isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's actually quite comfy.
Bad news: His yandere-as-fuck wife is waiting for him there.
Hijinks ensue.
>>
File: dragon girl china.jpg (1012KB, 1920x2400px) Image search: [Google]
dragon girl china.jpg
1012KB, 1920x2400px
>>51681130

As a Chinese myself, I think the movie The Stormriders (With Aaron Kwok and Ekin Cheng) is the best example of Chinese high-fantasy I've seen. (By high fantasy, I mean there's actually 'magic' with fireballs, elemental powers and magic swords.)

For low-fantasy, Jin Yong's works are pretty good. Return of the Condor Heroes is probably the classic one, though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.