[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 70

File: 1483789590512.jpg (53KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
1483789590512.jpg
53KB, 736x414px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51655514
>Awakened_Biodrones:_A_Risk_Analysis.trid
>Idea_Proposal:_Whale_Biodrones.thread
>FlySpy_vs_Eagle.trid
>Cyberware_Implantation.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 13420 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'WHERE'S MY COW'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Dolly.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Biodrone edition
What experience do you have with them?
>>
Speaking of drones: would you allow me to stick a rigger coccoon to a drone and still use the drone modifications rather than vehicle modifications from Rigger 5.0?

Because clearly you can add rigger compartments to drones since the Dustoff exists, but the vehicle modifications are kind of useless on a drone. And I could just take a Dustoff and modify that, but I'd rather have a walker drone to begin with instead of bothering with adding legs to a flying one just because it's superior from a crunch standpoint.
>>
>>51674928
>Because clearly you can add rigger compartments to drones since the Dustoff exists
A drone specifically intended and designed around the concept of being a mobile operating table does not mean evidence that you can buy off the shelf rigger cocoon modifications for other drones, or safely jury rig something together in the default modding way.
>>
>>51674978
It is clear evidence that it is possible to install something the size of a rigger coccoon or a valkyrie module in a drone, though. At worst I'll buy a Dustoff and invest in a couple of cyberlegs to have my mobile drone rigger coffin.
>>
>>51674886
>What experience do you have with them?
Had to fight one that was a little magic'ed up once. Never quite figured what the deal was with that basement facility, all I can tell is that people were being turned into biodrones and there was somehow magic involved. And of course, it was the augmented troll biodrone we had to put down, because
>a shadowrunner's life
>ever being easy
>>
>>51674989
>It is clear evidence that it is possible to install something the size of a rigger coccoon or a valkyrie module in a drone
If a corporation builds a drone around a rigger cocoon that you then modify with legs, that's a different thing from installing a rigger cocoon into a completely different drone.
>>
>>51674886
>>TheWelshGoToWar.jpeg
>>
>>51675027
Well, since there's no system for building your own drone, I kind of have to make due with what there is, don't I?
>>
>>51675102
Which is kinda the point. You're no corporate drone development team, so make do with what you have.
>>
File: 1362912026054.jpg (2MB, 1500x2142px) Image search: [Google]
1362912026054.jpg
2MB, 1500x2142px
Lolis with guns!
>>
Yekka, if you save a sheet as a PDF, then try to save it again as a PDF by overwriting the other PDF, it crashes Chummer.
>>
File: Vimes the NPC.png (267KB, 910x608px) Image search: [Google]
Vimes the NPC.png
267KB, 910x608px
>>51674886
>* You have 1 new private message, titled 'WHERE'S MY COW'
>>
>>51675199
Sorry dude I'm not a pedo
>>
File: 1442976002322.jpg (3MB, 1992x3013px) Image search: [Google]
1442976002322.jpg
3MB, 1992x3013px
>>51675228
Why not?
>>
File: 1478989242287.jpg (101KB, 575x625px) Image search: [Google]
1478989242287.jpg
101KB, 575x625px
>Biodrone edition
>What experience do you have with them?

We once had dealings with an unreasonably rich Sheikh whose main mode of transportation was an elephant that'd been cyber'd up to the gills (fancy cyberware too, everything was gilded in tacky amounts of gold-leaf) and converted into a biodrone, including hollowing out a portion of its torso to fit in a small rigger-cocoon. Nothing quite deters an attempted assassination like eight tons of dermal-plated muscle flipping over an armored van with tusks tipped with explosive-penetrators.
>>
File: Cyberleg Aimee Mullins.jpg (111KB, 920x765px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberleg Aimee Mullins.jpg
111KB, 920x765px
>>51675258
That brings up something I've been wondering; is it worth it getting a missile launcher/rocket launcher? What about as the mounted weapon on your vehicle, so you don't need to go hard into Heavy Weapons to use it?

I'm just thinking about how practical it would be.
>>
File: file.png (40KB, 270x180px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
40KB, 270x180px
>>51675200
Well, don't do that.

Is the PDF open in your reader? That could be blocking the stream.
>>
>>51675439
Ignore me I'm fucking retarded.

Don't try to make characters on 5 hours of sleep and then being awake for 20+, kids.
>>
>>51675343
Generally speaking, it's the kind of hardware you only want to have with you on missions you don't want to do in the first place.

Grab one, keep it stashed somewhere safe, only pull it out in case of SNAFUBAR'ed situation.
>>
File: 1445363052329.jpg (110KB, 849x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445363052329.jpg
110KB, 849x720px
>>51675343
Rockets and missiles are in that weird category of equipment where an actual need for it comes across so rarely that you'll have a hard time justifying the purchase instead of buying a 'nade launcher and high-explosive grenades, but when an opportunity does come up you'll be glad you have it.
>>
File: Dormer.jpg (8MB, 6144x4096px) Image search: [Google]
Dormer.jpg
8MB, 6144x4096px
>>51675516
>>51675530
I just love the idea that I park my car down the street from the run - not even for getaways, that's just how I get there - and then one day we see a t-bird loaded with HTR screaming in, everyone is kissing their ass goodbye, and the trunk pops open and launches a missile that blasts it out of the sky.
>>
>>51675581
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but even the most lightly armored T-bird is unlikely to be taken down by a single anti-vehicle rocket.
>>
File: lennythumbsup.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
lennythumbsup.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>51675581
A T-bird might be a bit too much for one missile, but if you want to mount a missile-launcher on your car for the express purpose of fucking up reinforcements in one glorious fireball, then follow your fucking dreams anon.

Get the Mitsubishi Yakusoku MRL as well, make your dreams burst-fire.
>>
File: Beauties and their Beasts.jpg (198KB, 1280x754px) Image search: [Google]
Beauties and their Beasts.jpg
198KB, 1280x754px
>>51675674
So you're saying I need more cars...
>>
>>51675693
Goddamn, I love how Kojima games handle aesthetics technology. So stylised, but functional as well.

Not to mention I'm a slut for gratuitous placement of barcodes on stuff.
>>
>>51675693
No, you need that one launcher that lets you fire multiple rockets and missiles at once.
>>
>>51675693
Are you familiar with the word Katyusha?
>>
File: General_Dynamics_A-60_Marshall.jpg (49KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
General_Dynamics_A-60_Marshall.jpg
49KB, 350x277px
>>51675744
War! 5e when. We need some military-grade weapons platforms.
>>
>>51675768
>We need some military-grade weapons platforms.
There is that one sick T-bird from Rigger 5.0, not to mention the Aztechnology attack helicopter...
>>
Any viable builds for BTL junkies who use BTL's like bodyguard from Chrome Flesh?
>>
>>51675744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4H70U26HxM
>>
Is it possible to make a sledgehammer in 5e a valid weapon for a non-adept? It's pretty solid for my Knight Errant breacher but 3 accuracy really buggers any chance of using it in combat. Or if there's some sledgehammer equivalent that's better I'd be happy.
>>
>>51675897
Honestly, clubs have kind of got the short-stick when it comes to dealing larger amounts of physical damage. A personalised grip will give you an extra point in accuracy, but consider asking your DM about homebrewing a purposemade combat-sledge.
>>
>>51675938
>Honestly, clubs have kind of got the short-stick when it comes to dealing larger amounts of physical damage.
>short-stick
Eheheheh.
>>
I downloaded the starter set. I LOVE the fucking lore, but the rules in the starter set are incredibly confusing to me.

How do I into Shadowrun?
>>
>>51675897
Cyberlimb optimization, personalized grip, and edge are your only bets.
>>
>>51675961
Downloading our resident attention whoring tripfag's character creator, chummer, helps a lot with that.
>>
>>51675897
Personalised Grip isn't enough? Have you tried asking your GM for an equivalent to long barrel? Switch to battering rams?
>>
File: Like A Good Neighbour.jpg (1MB, 2184x2826px) Image search: [Google]
Like A Good Neighbour.jpg
1MB, 2184x2826px
>>51675798
MBW3, Blank Slate negative quality. Skillsofts to be a skillmonkey.
>>
>>51675897
Also, consider waiting for another team-member or two to have sent some lead down your target's way before charging in and striking.

It's just as good as extra reach, and more applicable.
>>
>>51676167
Would active hardwires work better?
>>
File: Move By Wire.png (41KB, 742x339px) Image search: [Google]
Move By Wire.png
41KB, 742x339px
>>51676363
Might as well go all in if you want to play a chiphead; you're already going to get a skilljack (only proles use BTLs via commlink) and MBW gets you delicious initiative no matter what skills you want.
>>
>>51676363
MBW3 functions as both your amazing initiative booster AND your skillwires. You're also always a twitchy mess, even when you're not high. And MBW functions really well with initiative boosting drugs.
>>
>>51676363
Hardwires are only really a viable choice if you have money to burn but no karma and really need one specific skill. Skillsofts in general are a money sink, but you can play smart with it if you know what you want to get out of it.
>>
File: Football.png (210KB, 401x345px) Image search: [Google]
Football.png
210KB, 401x345px
>master index corebook in the fileshare

>someone stuck in obnoxious wallpapers at the end so the sizing is all fucked up
>>
>>51676442
Only problem with MBW is I'm trying to build a "sleeper" character. Was kept around a mob boss as his "niece", and wasn't aware of anything wrong. Mob boss gets attacks, says a keyword: BTL Bodyguard, auto injected drugs, and skill wires activate, and everything goes red.

Being twitchy, unless they've been fed a "brain damage" lie would give too much away.
>>
At what point did keyboards become obsolete?

First, I know they're still around, not EVERYONE can afford a datajack, and some people still do their jobs on an actual PC, but thats for broke people. When did they stop being the norm?

I wanted to make a hacker who got good on keyboards, back when that was the only way to do it. No, I'm not making a fastjack wannabe, he's not gonna be the master of every OS and every form of hacking. Just that his theme is older-school stuff. When hacking in AR, he has a virtual keyboard he works off of, in the Matrix, his stuff looks like old Icons and stuff like that.

But, I don't want to make this guy super old, so I want to know what the general time at which Keyboards and towers and stuff truly went obsolete.
>>
building a 5e rigger for the first time. the character has a cyberarm, but other than that, i haven't been able to decide on equipment yet.

any recs for a new player for good "essential" rigger equipment/drones?
>>
How well does shadowrun work for 1-2 players?
>>
>>51677228
Probably around the time AR became as ubiquitous as it is now. No point having an actual hardware keyboard when you can just project one from wherever.

As far as I know, keyboards (in the form of computer terminals at least) were in use up until everything went wireless. At least if the SRR games are anything to estimate by.

>>51677256
Either a control rig and a car that's been converted into a literal tank, or a good RCC and a few drones of the same type. I've built the latter: Vulcan Liegelord is a good RCC for chargen, and I opted for rotodrones with ares alphas since the GM said I could install flash-paks on them to help shore up their subpar dodge and armor.
>>
>>51677373
Very well, depending on the party.

What are they playing as?
>>
>>51677373
I ran a few sessions for 2 players, and wanted to keep rotating between 2. You can tell different, more personal stories. The game system is still the same for the most part. It's easy to say your player(s) works with a Shadowrunning team and handles parts of the run that they are suited for.
>>
>>51677385

So... what year was that? In the last 20-30, or more like 40-50?
>>
Commercial lifestyle. Purchase it, and gain the amount of nuyen each month that you'd normally get out of the rolls, with the variance going to salaries and bribes? OR just ditch the rolls all together?
>>
>>51677532
You could get away with him hacking from physical keyboard and being younger if he's from the outskirts of society. Poor Trolls grow up with a lot of physical material that others don't, because they live in abandoned homes from the fifth and early sixth world. He might have learned how to type and work with the matrix using an actual keyboard, and decided to stick with it.
>>
>>51677403
>>51677467
Oh, I'm just interested in getting into Shadowrun for the first time, but my current TRPG group is only 2 people. So I wanted to know if this was a disaster waiting to happen or not.
>>
>>51677532
2064 I think. IIRC Crash 2.0 is what caused everyone to rework all their matrix shit, and everything went wireless.
>>
>>51677607
I'd say the former, but where exactly are you going to get 800,000 nuyen?
>>
>>51677675
We're running CGL adventures. They usually end up with a few hundred thousand nuyen to split among the team.
>>
>>51677699
Upgrades for the streetsam's ware are a better investment desu.
>>
File: download.png (246KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
246KB, 500x379px
>>51677709
I'm playing magical Mr Burns this time. He can get his own goddamned augments.
>>
>>51677733
But anon, it really is a better investment. You get to go on more dangerous, well-paying jobs because your streetsam is deadlier and you get your money back because you know the streetsam is good to pay his debt back.
>>
File: Goblin Hoarding Treasure.jpg (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Hoarding Treasure.jpg
91KB, 640x480px
>>51677767
He can get his own fucking shekels.
>>
>>51677648
So, Shadowrun requires you to play it, and then figure out which rules you want to ignore or homebrew. I think most tables have a list of home rules that they have to make things simpler or just more >fun

It's a good system, great setting, but it has some faults. Decking is pretty meh, and the sad part is it's the best it's been in 5e. Technomancers are niche as fuck and tough to play, and combat can be REALLY slow if you don't group up mooks.
>>
The wuxia thread is really making me want to do an adept
>>
File: lToQDi7.webm (74KB, 644x492px) Image search: [Google]
lToQDi7.webm
74KB, 644x492px
>>51677733
>magical Mr Burns
>>
>>51677652
>>51677616

Thanks Chummers!
>>
Hey chummers, >>51579756 is back, and I'm looking for a new challenge. Had a lot of fun with Badger, so I'm in a good mood to try to make a new abomination.
>>
>>51675185
Dude, the rules literally state you can use the vehicle modification system for drones. It's perfectly viable to attack a rigger coccoon if your GM thinks it has room for it. Which most large drones clearly have.
>>
How would you rank the difficulty of playing and understanding each main archetype/job for a first time player from easiest to hardest?
>>
>>51674886
This game has healing spells doesn't it?

What happens if you get a cyber arm and then cast regeneration?
>>
File: Naga shadowrun.png (820KB, 809x638px) Image search: [Google]
Naga shadowrun.png
820KB, 809x638px
>>51679085
Naga Street Sam

I wouldnt let it happen because A why would a naga be a shadowrunner and B why would you have augments when they are built for magic. That being said I'd love to see someone make it work.
>>
>>51680006
Nothing happens. Magic is remarkably shitty at affecting non-living things. Plus the fact that cyber takes away your magical soul mojo.
>>
>>51680006
>Regeneration
Don't know such a spell
Where have you read it?
The closest would be heal, and that's just is harder due to the essence loss
Or that one flower that gives you the regeneration power, that just gives you damage based on your lost essence
>>
>>51680027
Speaking of Nagas, one of my GMs told me Nagas in Shadowrun are armless, and whenever I tried to google shadowrun nagas all I got were talking regular snakes, is that true or just an excuse to get me to play something else?
>>
>>51680083
SR nagas are awakened snakes
They are basically big snakes with semi-metahuman faces and 1 point of MAG so that they can cast magic fingers
>>
>>51680083
They're big intelligent snakes. SR5 just missed pointing that out for some reason. Or well, the reason is that Run Faster is a shitty minimalist book with virtually no proofreading.
>>
>>51680027
>why would you have augments when they are built for magic.
I suspect being run over by a truck something like that would do that trick.
>>
>>51680027

The only problem I have with this is a mechanical one:

In Shadowrun, there's an annoying rule that states that you can't get more cyberlimbs than your body would naturally have, because your brain isn't built to know how to actually USE those limbs. This prevents someone from being able to have 8 arms and just be a monster (Shadowrun also then allows you to have a Centaur body, which has 4 legs instead of 2, and numerous ways of having a tail, also a body part human brains don't have any programming for)

In Shadowrun, a naga is just a giant, magical, sapient snake. They're JUST snakes. They don't have arms or legs, so they wouldn't be able to do a fraction of the things that a street sam would do.

So, that image that you posted? Not possible, mechanically, since they can't use arms. At all. Don't get me wrong, that would be awesome, but, technically, impossible.

As a result I could make a really cool, armored snake that has some wicked bioware and things like that, but the bottom line is... the vast majority of the things they'd actually need they can't use, or at least, use without any efficiency, so no matter how good I make the character, it'd really be no fun at all.

If you still want me to make it, I'll throw my hat in, but it will be underwhelming.
>>
>>51680182
I think it's possible for Nagas to get arms through SURGE, no?
>>
>>51680202

S.... a Surge naga... Uhm... is that... Is that even possible? Don't get me wrong, I could totally roll down that road.

I also have to ask one important question: I seem to recall someone stating that if Naga ever have 0 magic, they lose their sapience and are just now large ordinary snakes, not large magic talking snakes. Is this true, or was I lied to?
>>
File: Confused snek.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
Confused snek.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
>>51680182
I'd still love to see a bio snake with maybe cyber spurs.

But If you where allowed to bend the rules a bit and put arms in how would you go about it instead? Naga's naturally have a very low agility cap.
>>
>>51680241
Anything and everything is supposed to be able to SURGE. A Naga with Shiva Arms would have a single pair of arms (since they have none base).
>>
>>51680241
Strictly speaking I don't think it ever says it isn't and all a SURGE is the manifestation of additional metagenes brought on by exposure to spikes in mana levels. I see no reason why that would be exclusive to meta humans, any lifeform could have metagenes that makes them into a more magical form of what they were. If I recall correctly, no they don't lose sapience just any magical abilities they would have, which I don't think affects a Naga that much.
>>
I'm not super familiar with the naga crunch, but aren't a ton of their abilities dependent on magic? Why would they ever take cyberware? Wouldn't it be easier to just learn telekinesis spells that let them interact with objects?
>>
>>51680302

Hmmm... I could work with this.

>>51680293
Tell ya what, I'll roll out a Bio Snake, and a SURGE snake.

>>51680327

Good to know, thanks.

-------------

For a street sam snake that's got arms due to Surge (i'll probably roll surge 2 so I don't spend ALL the karma on it), I'm thinking the reason why he went into cyber is due to some form of Psychosis. It is firmly stated that not all changelings survive (mentally) and I'm kinda digging the idea of a naga that went a little Coo-coo from the Surge, and had some Body Dismorphia. Something along the lines of wanting to make himself something better and better, while dipping from regular psychosis to cyberpsychosis (With a dash of Superhuman Psychosis). They only get 4 agility max, but if I make those arms Cyber arms, then I can raise them up to a nice 7 agi, which is respectable enough for shooting/hitting things. Gives me some extra armor and HP as well. Toss some bone lacings in there, and I have a snake that could rival some Min-maxed cyborks for armor.

For a Bio Snek with no arms, I am seeing an infiltrator type, with a bit of assassination. Naga were initially trained to be security guards, and I think I like him being one of the earlier ones that were captured and trained. Given a Data Jack for BTL's and sim-sense chips for training, that dropped his essence and made him lose his magic, and I'd be willing to argue that he never knew he had magic to begin with, and just took bio augments from there. He can slink through small holes even dwarves can't fit through, and then strangle someone.

Give him ortho skin, a good body, platelet factory (If I'm thinking of the right thing) and the natural +8 armor they have for being Sneks, and he can take a hit and do a job well enough. If he's got a good Commlink with a Stealth Dongle, he can even do some hacking on the side, and/or assist the actual decker with hacking.

I could see either of these working, but I'll do some thinking on a hard story.
>>
>>51680241
Okay,I've spotted a slight issue with this approach, it costs 25 karma just to be a Naga, which for a normal game will make Class 3 SURGE too expensive, so you'll have to deal with random negatives.
>>
File: RaymanSlider2.jpg (8KB, 200x214px) Image search: [Google]
RaymanSlider2.jpg
8KB, 200x214px
>>51680202
or you go down the magic snek path and learn magic finger, buy some reagents and two spell store foci rating 1.
>>
>>51680519

Honestly, after rolling up Badger, I'm not too scared of Random Negatives anymore. I'd also like to think that a number of things wouldn't even hurt a snek at all.

If you got Stubby arms, and then got cyberlimbs, could those be normal sized limbs?
>>
Okay, legit question: I just noticed that Naga get 'venom'. And that's it.

I'll assume its injection, since Snakes have fangs and the like, but... what kind of Venom?
>>
>>51680560
well, no because you'd still have the quality, so you'd need shortened cyberlimbs to match your internal bodymap.
>>
>>51680576
Hart Target has the rules for Naga venom IIRC. Its potency depends on how magical the snek is.
>>
>>51680576
Naga venom is an injection venom with a duration of immediate and a power equal to their magic rating.
>>
>>51680576
There's stats for naga venom in hard targets, it's potency is based on the Naga's magic stat, probably not going to be relevant for your sammy snake.
Also I've been rolling along as well, and I've hit an interesting issue with rolling negative qualities, so far I've rolled Nocturnal (ok) then Mood hair, which is incompatible with feathers/scales and thus I re-rolled and then Feathers, which is also incompatible with scales.
>>
>>51680467
Orthoskin would logically be incompatible with the Naga's Scales.
>>
Should you get licenses for your low rating burner fake SINs? Or just get them for your main high rated one and leave it at that?
>>
Does anyone have a PDF of the new second printing of Run Faster?
>>
>>51681007
It's in the OP
>>
File: boo.png (112KB, 236x232px) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
112KB, 236x232px
>>51681007
>>51681082
what's the biggest differences?

on that note, is there a changelog for this (and/or other books when they got updates) somewhere?
>>
File: Naga with arms.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Naga with arms.pdf
1B, 486x500px
To the anon talking about making a Naga with arms, I've been playing along as well. This is far from complete and I've yet to work out an initiative booster, but I've got to go soon. Still I hope it gives some food for thought.
>>
>>51681082
You make my peepee tingle
>>
Question a friend just brought up:

An AI living in a DR6 device must pay for a high lifestyle. Can they reduce the cost by becoming roommates with someone else living a high lifestyle in meatworld?
>>
>>51681502
Logic says yes, but I'm not sure if it's too gamey. It's supposed to represent the higher demands on a device that actually has to run a sentient being as a program and presumably that cost would be included in the whole household cost, but it just seems way too easy to claim an ally keeps the deck/drone/whatever in his house and you therefore should get a discount.
>>
File: 1395639871849.jpg (222KB, 1125x900px) Image search: [Google]
1395639871849.jpg
222KB, 1125x900px
Guys, I've successfully managed to GM my first session of SR ever. The players and I barely knew the rules, since the rulebook is a fucking mess to go through, but holy fuck was it a blast. Isn't there something like a condensed or rewritten rulebook for 5th ed? Maybe some anon who made summaries and stuff? I got the tone and setting down to a tee, so what I could really use some improvement really is my knowledge of the rules.

I posted here about a week ago, asking about Imperial Japan in SR. Did some research and did my own thing where I needed to fill the gaps based on what you replied.
>>
>>51681742
The 5e Superbook in the pastebin is a corebook with all the fluff cut out and the information organized a little better.
The Cheat Sheet has a quick rundown of stats involved and a step-by-step summary of how to do most basic actions.
>>
>>51681794
Many thanks, chummer.
>>
What are some of the stories of your runs gone horribly wrong? Because at its heart, Shadowrun is a game about major fuck-ups.

My latest one was when my team decided it would be a genius move to infiltrate a facility by landing our rigger's stealth chopper on the roof, rappelling down the facade, placing breaching charges on the bullet-proof glass and blasting our way in, grab the target and extract him via the roof where the rigger was waiting. We'd be out before security even knew what was going on.

Thing is, the building had tinted windows so we couldn't see our extraction target looking at the skyline a few inches from the blast. Needless to say, there wasn't much left of him to extract. So the decker had to try to salvage whatever info he could for Johnson while we held security off for way longer than we'd expected to.

Let's just say that whole incident led to an ever-escalating series of jams for us. It was also one of the most fun campaigns I've had in a long time. One of the few times where GM fiat actually railroaded us into a way more fun story.
>>
>>51681000
Your rating 1-2 SINs are only there to give cover for surface scans. If anyone is looking hard enough to see if you have the correct lisences, then they are going to see it is a fake SIN as well.
>>
Whats the minimum RC I can get away with on an assault rifle playing a street samurai?
>>
>>51679688
That's not in question at all. It's whether you can use drone mods and vehicle mods in the same drone.
>>
>>51682695
1, if you can stomach the recoil penalties or you only want to fire in take aim and SA fire.
>>
>>51680182
>In Shadowrun, there's an annoying rule that states that you can't get more cyberlimbs than your body would naturally have
Where is that rule?
>>
>>51682440

We didn't fuck up, but the run went sideways today. It was supposed to be an easy extraction job, - we had to intercept a courier at a certain stuffer shack.

We calculated the risks, did our legwork, got alarm and cameras hacked, we got a backup plan, and a backup backup plan.

And then a rival street sam fuking one-shot our physadept.

We also may or may not have extracted the wrong mark.
>>
File: 1430170178627.jpg (237KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1430170178627.jpg
237KB, 667x1000px
So, ive heard a lot about how in 5e, you cant do multi-role characters (combat hackers, rigger-hackers, wheelman-muscle, mage-hacker, infiltrator-hacker, etc) like you could in 4e. Is there any reason for this other than how character creation works and the changes to rigging?
>>
File: 3638f022640937.56316062286b8 (1).jpg (290KB, 1240x870px) Image search: [Google]
3638f022640937.56316062286b8 (1).jpg
290KB, 1240x870px
Two thisgs:
1) Could combining the functions of RCCs and cyberdecks allow for deckers to also provide drone support, and
2) Are dronomancers possible to effectively pull off in 5e?
>>
>>51682862
>you cant do multi-role characters (combat hackers, rigger-hackers, wheelman-muscle, mage-hacker, infiltrator-hacker, etc) like you could in 4e
Nonsense. Some combinations aren't viable anymore, but streetsams and physads still make for great wheelmen.
>>
>>51682862
That's bullshit.
>>
>>51682885
1. It is not needed.
2. Don't put "technomancer", "effectively", and "5e" in one sentence.
>>
>>51682862
Some combinations work better than others. Physads and Streetsams both make good wheelmen, and can even delve into AR hacking if needed.
>>
>>51682885
You can't handle an RCC if you're in cold-sim. Best you could do is just have it running with the autosoft and send orders via your PAN.

>>51682974
Yeah except technomancers are fine and they make some of the best riggers thanks to that MMI echo giving them a Control Rig at no essence cost.
>>
>>51683070
They are far from fine mate. I tried.
>>
>>51683164
Someone linked the thread about how TM's do not function like deckers. It was a very helpful read for me.

Been running a TM for half a dozen games now, they are incredibly versatile and allow you to do literally everything you wish you ever could on a decker.
I've run against AAA, the NSA and Mirage in the Matrix and not lived to tell the tale but won. (Okay I burned two edge and got infected by Jormungand but still)
>>
>>51678650
He's senile as all hell and gets 'released' (nobody on old man watching duty) once a week with a tracker RFID. They either find him trying starting a business, or as of the last session, starting a nuclear power cult.
>>
>>51682862
>CQC
>Tracking
>Infiltration
>Primary Combat
>Face/Negotiations
>Tactics/Planning
>Area Knowledge
>Driver
>Gear Maintenance/Modifications

>You can't do multiple roles
>>
So one of the freelancers has stated they want to take things back to the early maze style matrix.
>>
File: tumblr_oknf97l8Sm1qad56lo1_1280.jpg (122KB, 768x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oknf97l8Sm1qad56lo1_1280.jpg
122KB, 768x1080px
>>51683736
Well sure, they already half did that with that godawful Foundation.
>>
>>51683774
Sure, but they want to do that to the real matrix.
>>
>>51682678
People buy anything but 4?
>>
>>51683774
That hood pisses me off. I get that she's japanese and people wear clothes with funny foreign words on them, and that's meant to read as something industrial like a barcode both in terms of text and placement. But "Clothes: Autumn-Winter 2017"? Fucking really?
>>51683736
The freelancers are mouthpieces for the old ones at this point. If they're writing something, they're writing it for them. The wifi thing was specifically to ensure that deckers weren't pocket creatures sitting in another room anymore, for fucks sakes.
>>
>>51683320
>those dice pools
>low light vision power
4th times the charm
>>
>>51683876
https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/vetements/purple-sexual-fantasies-hoodie/1727233
Welcome to streetwear
>>
>>51683888
And this is why you post shit for review, people.

Thanks mang, I thought I'd swapped LL for Thermo, but it was late as hell.

What's wrong with the dicepools? The rest of the group is pretty much fresh-off-the-boat tier newbies, so it's somewhat purposely spread out a bit and not going too crazy.
>>
>>51683910
Of course there's a fucking clothing line developed around it. I think I need a beer. I fucking hate streetwear. I'll say this for all those ascended mall ninjas who think they're operators with their pornographic little black bars, at least their clothing is subtle. Better than "sex fantasy"
>>
File: 1486395827820.gif (1MB, 702x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486395827820.gif
1MB, 702x600px
>>51683876
Vetements is a thoroughly French crew, actually. Some of their gear is okay, but it's mostly weirdly distended limbs and such. Still, quite good for random Shadowrun fashion ideas. I used to have a script that'd automagically grab the face of a person and 3-5 random objects from a folder of avant-garde fashion crap.
>>
File: Marliyn2200.jpg (89KB, 765x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Marliyn2200.jpg
89KB, 765x1145px
DMs, how do you run npcs? do you use stat blocks or just guess hits based on how strong your runners are?
>>
>>51683921
Why not just use glasses or goggles or something for vision mods?
>>
>>51683910
>$1,210 FUCKING DOLLARS FOR WHAT AMOUNTS TO A PLAIN PURPLE HOODIE WITH A SHITTY PLAINTEXT SAYING
>THAT SHITTY ASS LOGO ON THE TOP
FUCK

>>51684015
Because eventually, I plan to go without tech for as much as I can, so I'll pick up as many of the other senses through that. Hawk Eye doesn't really play well with vision stuff, and I also just realized I don't even need a salvalette because I can't make use of the damn smartlink anyway. Wew saving cash.
>>
What would a Sprite be named? I'm trying to think of some really esoteric program names because that seems suitable. Background information is the Sprite was discovered by touching a leaf on the Great Connection tree and freeing its source code from the node, and now it's assisting with emergence and helpfully-haunting in exchange for its liberation.
>>
>>51684004
Stat blocks if provided, otherwise, roll a few dice (like, their professional rating) and total up the result. That's their dicepool. Do it a few more times and then use those 3-4 numbers as their pools for everything.
>>
>>51684117
>Appdata
>Pepperflash
>WritableRoot
>Config
>Boot
>ResCache
Just take a trip through your computer and look for any files with interesting names
>>
File: daniel-tyka-trapped-006-merged.jpg (393KB, 1386x1920px) Image search: [Google]
daniel-tyka-trapped-006-merged.jpg
393KB, 1386x1920px
>>51682862

Priority and Sum-to-Ten chargen do reward specialization more than dabbling, but it's certainly not impossible to have a playable character who handles more than one role.

Karmagen works more like 4e chargen, AFAIK. Life Modules is also an option, and that tends to make fairly broad characters unless you go full ham on the minmaxing.

As another anecdote, my last 5e character covered the following:

>Primary
Infiltration - Sneaking, Gymnastics, Palming, and Locksmith
Combat - Unarmed and Automatics with 3 initiative passes on an average roll
Speed - 45 mph, on foot, before sprinting tests

>Secondary
Face - Con, Etiquette, Disguise, Impersonation
Utility - Perception (with natural scent, ultrasound, and low-light)

>Tertiary
Astral Support - Assensing
>>
>>51683320
>Gas mask
>Respirator 6
>In the same mask
???
>>
What's your weirdest character idea?

>An Orthodox Jewish Troll bruiser who lugs around a minigun (loaded with gel ammo) and full body armor topped with a Tallit and Yarmulke.
>>
File: tumblr_ojtw7bd61c1vm0tk1o2_1280.jpg (126KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojtw7bd61c1vm0tk1o2_1280.jpg
126KB, 1280x674px
>>51684117

I think >>51684190 has the right idea.
Here's some more examples from random dll's and things in my system folders:
>HNetCfg
>kbdclass
>cngaudit
>olepro32
>powrprof
>diagERR
>WuRedir
>TAPI
>twain_32
>catroot2
>logman
>subst
>noise.jpl
>>
>>51684352
Respirator for when the air is just a little weird, gas mask for when shit's well and truly fucked like teargas.
>>
How does wireless triple a white noise generators range?
>>
File: avr_street_by_solarsouth-d9lmmoh.jpg (624KB, 1024x1480px) Image search: [Google]
avr_street_by_solarsouth-d9lmmoh.jpg
624KB, 1024x1480px
>>51684117

Of course if you want something less old-school Windows program sounding, you might want to use some absurdly long Java-style class names:
>AsyncRadixTreeParserImpl
>CachedJsonDataLoaderFactory
>SimpleBeanFactoryAwareAspectInstanceFactory
>AdvisorRepositoryDataExporterRunner
>AbstractStrategyExpressionDecorator
>MockModelBroadcasterAdapter
>>
>>51684522
DSL sounds
>>
File: 36082863_p0.jpg (961KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
36082863_p0.jpg
961KB, 2400x1600px
>>51684522

The wireless matrix protocols let things offload processing to idle (or underutilized) devices nearby. The extra processing power lets it do more effective real-time noise cancellation.
>>
>>51684117
>some really esoteric program names
Grep, sed, ed, vim, emacs, malloc,
>>
Sup, /tg/. New-ish player here, doing a 5e game and planning a hacker. I've got B-priority nuyen, and I'm wondering if there's anything considered essential kit other than a deck and a good pistol?
>>
>>51684693
>The wireless matrix protocols let things offload processing to idle (or underutilized) devices nearby
All non-throwback devices have distinct hardware for processing matrix routing and hardware requests. This hardware is also utilised in running silent.
>>
>>51684933
Fake SIN with a decent rating, some sort of transport unless you like taking the bus or have a driver to mooch off.
>>
>>51684933
If you're going to be hacking in AR (ie; you don't want to lie down & sleep every time you start hacking), then some kind of initiative boost is good. Drugs are cheap, but you'll probably need augmentations to avoid spiralling into addiction burnout.

A firearm is good, but you'll want a melee weapon, too. I like shock gloves (core book) and shockweave (run & gun), but you might prefer the Defiance Ex Shocker, as it does double duty as a 20m taser and electricity damage club.
>>
>>51684933
Sensor tags. Oh my god, are they the best goddamn things I've ever purchased. Ultrasound tags, camera tags, mic tags, IR tags. They're tiny, they can transmit to you wirelessly in real time or record for later, they're cheap as dirt. They also give you eyes on and around your meatbody while you're working.

Extra fake SINs, for when something inevitably goes wrong and you need to be someone else for a while (or from now on).

And take an auto pistol or light SMG instead of a handgun, laying down suppressing fire is the best.
>>
>>51685043
>>51685030
>>51684962
In a prior thread I was recommended a "Savalette Guardian", an "Arm of God", and "Wired Reflexes". I haven't had time to look them up, but there's so much shit on offer I thought I'd ask for a list of things to look into and see what I could buy from there that caught my eye.

The idea is that I was the "accountant", AKA the Matrix Support, of a chicagoan gang, when the gang leader picked a fight with someone way above his head. I got while the getting was good, and decided to Run at least until that gang's been forgotten.
>>
>>51685081
Savalette is just a good Heavy Pistol.
Arm of God is a cyberarm, jacked up with Agility and recoil compensation, so you have a really good dice pool for shooting stuff, without investing in Agility attributes.
Wired Reflexes are a bonus to Reaction (Driving/Dodge attribute/Initiative) and an extra initiative die, per rank. It's expensive in cash and Essence (Your 'humanity' and your cap on how many implants you can have) but a low rank is not as bad.

Worth noting, Chicago in the mainline plot has been turned into a spiritual hellhole filled with insect spirits turning people into hives of bugs and generally bad shit.

As a decker, you should read on the matrix rules, read on the equipment, read the matrix rules again, maybe check the Data Trails book, and read the matrix rules again. Make sure you know what you can do, which is everything. However, a decker that does everything is not a great decker, so find what you like and be the best at that. Being the best at everything hacker will make it so you suck at everything else, and you need some backup skills to survive in the shadows.

Agents are good, pick up a good 'deck, a few comlinks, SINs, Tags, Tag eraser.

Here is a guide on what are some good purchases with 26.000 nuyen, which teaches you a bit on what is the most valuable to have.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WRYFKKY-b3QZEvrGUWVNTewQs2hqaayCA-5kssRrLA0/edit
>>
>>51685194
>Worth noting, Chicago in the mainline plot has been turned into a spiritual hellhole filled with insect spirits turning people into hives of bugs and generally bad shit.
In 5th edition? I thought the thing with 5th edition was that had been cleared up, and Chicago was like a grittier, shittier Seattle.
>>
>>51680467

Alright, so someone commented that Orthoskin would be incompatible with someone having Scales.

Strictly speaking, Naga's simply get 8 armor, it doesn't strictly say it comes FROM their scales. On top of that, That would imply that getting orthoskin would mean it stopped growing scales as well, which... Would that mean that normal humans would also stop growing hair?

I don't know for sure 100% if Orthoskin really would be incompatible, but I'd like another's opinion on this topic before I dive too much deeper into this.
>>
From a purely mechanical view, what is the most powerful build in the SRR games?
>>
>>51685202
Half the city is still filled with insect spirits, after the Crash 2.0 the government of Chicago is almost dead, the city is still militarized and it exists mostly because of the massive airport, both for crime and legal reasons.
It's not a bad place, just a shitty place where shit can hit the fan in a matter of seconds.
>>
>>51685285
Probably a trollish unarmed bioadept.
>>
>>51685327
Bioadept?
>>
>>51685343

adept using Bioware
>>
>>51685202
You ever play STALKER? It's kinda like that
>>
>>51685343
Bioadepts use bioware to compensate for expensive powers, or for critical ones when you've got a cunt of a GM who loves that 'most places in the world have a background count of at least 1' thing.
>>
>>51685327
I don't think you beat shock ram weapon focus transhuman bioadept for raw smash.
>>
>>51685386
What the fuck is it with you and shock rams?
>>
>>51685362
I see. Some bioware in the video games cost 0 essence, but that's not the case in the tabletop. Is bioadept a viable build in SR5?
>>
>>51685409

It is. it is also pretty Munchkin-y depending on how much you min-max, but it is absolutely a viable built.
>>
>>51685406
>From a purely mechanical view, what is the most powerful build in the SRR games?
No one else mentions them around here.
>>
Uhhhh... So, I just discovered something.

There is no number 12 on the Run Faster Random Negative Metagenic Qualities (3-5 karma)
>>
>>51685421
Do you have to take prototype transhuman to do it or do you just sacrifice a small amount of essence?
>>
>>51685406
Chummer thinks hes discovered the secret to breaking 5e melee combat.
>>51685409
Its completely viable, and mechanically superior for some/all builds. Unless you're trying to ruin your table, its a fun way to go.
Cyberadept is best[ though/spoiler]
>>
>>51685450
I fucked the spoiler, help.
>>51685448
You really don't need to take Prototype Transhuman, but its an option if you want for that kind of flavor. 1-2 Essence Lost is the most common, depending on the particular Adept you're building. Mages with 1-2 ESS lost is fun too, you can grab all sorts of crazy shit.
>>
>>51685450
>Chummer thinks hes discovered the secret to breaking 5e melee combat.
>Because if you're going to break something in 5e, it's going to be melee, not anything like running silent, stealth, etc
I just like battering rams, and it's a tech battering ram with good stats.
>>
>>51685442
The whole design of randomly assigned metagenetic qualities is flawed, at best.
>>
>>51685555

I'm not saying you're wrong, Mr/Ms Quads, just that I've rolled 12 three times and have to keep rerolling when it shouldn't be THAT hard.
>>
Is there anything going on physiologically when manipulating magic? Like, is there a physical sensation to casting a spell, something that can be recorded via ASIST?
>>
>>51685406
Not him but they do stupid damage chummer.
>>
>>51684062
Yeah, but it's free shipping. You'd be a fool to pass up those savings
>>
>>51685194
>>51685043
>>51685030
>>51684962
So quick question: How much does money buy skill in this edition compared to prior ones? I remember in SR4 you didn't need to be a good hacker so much as have a good 'link. Also what's a good ratio of money sank into hacking shit vs. money sank into other shit, especially considering I want a car?
>>
Strictly speaking, nothing says a Naga can't wear armor.

How much extra would it cost to have armor made specifically for a naga (Because it also doesn't say that getting them armor costs extra either)
>>
>>51685814
It doesn't say anything about cost increases like it does for trolls and dwarves?
>>
>>51685835

Nope

>Racial Traits: Armor 8, Cold-Blooded, Dual Natured, Guard, Natural Weapon (Bite: DV (STR + 1)P, AP –2, Reach –1), Venom
>>
>>51685835
>>51685871
They never thought we'd do it, madmen that we are.
>>
>>51685871
Ask your GM I guess. I would make it more than trolls though.
>>
>>51684004
Rule of 4-8-12 for mooks, mission targets, captains and such get proper statblocks.
>>51685814
Nagas were errata'd to have a 150% lifestyle cost increase.
Racial Traits: +150% increased Lifestyle costs,Armor 8, Cold-Blooded, Dual Natured, Guard, Movement (x1/x4/+1; x2/x6/+2 swimming),
Natural Weapon (Bite: DV (STR + 1)P, AP –2, Reach –1), Venom
>>
You see a huge ass Naga walking towards you on the streets at night. You're in the Barrens.

What do?
>>
>>51685937

Oh. Good to know. But, that's lifestyle costs, not armor costs... Right?

And is that already factored into Chummer, by chance?
>>
>>51686023
Shoot it dead, because Nagas are not native to Seattle and I am one crazy/paranoid son of a bitch.
>>
>>51685751
Generally? It does not. You can still buy an agent that can do some relatively low grade hacking for you, but it's not going to replace you.
>>
>>51686047

With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created.
>>
File: 14583185071421.jpg (4KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
14583185071421.jpg
4KB, 213x250px
>>51686091
>>
>>51686023
Wonder about the fact that it's walking as I fucking leg it out of there.
>>
>>51685751
Ford Americar is a Sedan 4 seater and averagely average and is only 16.000. Bikes are cheaper if you just wanna move around town.

You need attributes, skills and some money to be a decker, but the exact balance is a question of what type of decker you wanna be. On B resources, I would spend between 1/2 to 3/4 boosting your Hackerness. Decks, Cerebral boosters (if you can afford them), modules, comlinks and programs.
>>
File: tumblr_oj8mqmCgGc1qdm33vo7_400.jpg (22KB, 236x433px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj8mqmCgGc1qdm33vo7_400.jpg
22KB, 236x433px
>>51686029
SR5 rolls in most customisations that would be necessary for your armour and such into your lifestyle costs. Personally I believe that is a bag of dicks because it means that a naga living on the street can find armour that fits perfectly without any dramas but one that's living the high life pays an extra 5,000Â¥ a month for the privilege.

All the Run Faster errata I'm aware of is implemented, not that they'd deign to include a changelog.
>>
>>51686168
Alright, I'm grabbing an Erika MCD-1, and because brand loyalty, an Erika Elite for my main commlink, as well as two burner comms. I've got 113,166 nuyen left after buying what I'd consider the basics, and all of that is ready to go into Hakerness. What programs and shit are must-haves? I've read through, but it seems like all of them are useful int heir own way.
>>
>>51686091
It really bugs me that Bethesda doesn't do that anymore. I understand about casuals being unhappy that their murder spree ended in an unwinnable game, but as part of a hardcore mode like FO:NV it would be neat.

On topic: THe commlink I got at chargen didn't come with a simrig because I'm dumb. Can I get one added in after-market, or do I have to buy a new one?
>>
>>51686023
I roll con (Seduce) .
>>
>>51686270
>implying your seduction is a con
>>
>>51686176
>a naga living on the street can find armour that fits perfectly without any dramas
They're going to have trouble maintaining their armour at perfect status, unlike the high life naga.
>>
File: Toby.jpg (34KB, 900x569px) Image search: [Google]
Toby.jpg
34KB, 900x569px
>tfw no gm
>>
>>51686365
Which would be lovely if Shadowrun had armour degradation rules, but there are no RAW mechanics to support that. The best you can say is that they run an increased chance of having their stuff stolen because they have a garbage Security rating, but that is it no way unique to their customised armour requirements.
>>
>>51680467
>>51680027

Tah dah!

I now present you with "Slix" the Naga Street Sam who went from Corporate Guard dog to psychotic Street Sam, looking for the next paycheck so he can buy himself some new Augs.

Turns out that I've gotten him up to a whopping 40 dice for soak (30 armor, 8 body, and 2 bonus 'body' dice from bone lacings)

A bit of Stereotypical Horror Villain Syndrome, where he moves slow, hits like a truck, and can survive being HIT by a truck, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

I know he's shit, but Street Sam naga is not an easy concept to work with, mostly due to Mechanical reasons. But, i had fun, and I'll probably make him either an NPC enemy, or possibly a contact in one of my games. Still, I'd like opinions.
>>
File: 1477183650742.png (690KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1477183650742.png
690KB, 850x464px
>>51686494

Why dont you just learn to GM?
>>
File: 1394335460940.jpg (2KB, 122x124px) Image search: [Google]
1394335460940.jpg
2KB, 122x124px
>>51686546

lol, anon, assuming that people are willing to put forth any work. you so crazy
>>
>>51681742
Keep playing. Like most things that are difficult in life, the best way to get better is to keep doing it. Keep asking questions, definitely, and keep lurking around. But just keep playing.
>>
>>51686546
Tried once, it was a disaster.
>>
How exactly does hacking in AR work?
>>
>>51686717
Rather than uploading your brain into the matrix, you're just displaying the information in augmented Reality, for you to manipulate there.
>>
>>51686717
Exactly like hacking in VR, with 2 distinct differences.

1. Based on my reading of the rules and fluff, you can see which icon is linked to which device because they occupy the same 'space' in your vision.

2. You run on meatspace initiative, so rev up those wired reflexes.
>>
>>51686738
>>51686746
Why do it? Just so you're aware of the non-digital world?
>>
>>51686616

>If at first I don't succeed, fuck it. Writing and seeing a grand story, told with a group of friends, and having a lot of fun along the way as hijinx ensue (as they always do in tabletop RPG's) isn't worth the time or effort to practice, nor to pick myself up from a bad time and strive to improve. I'll just shove all that work onto someone else so that I don't have to deal with it.
>>
>>51686759
You also can't be toasted if you're not in sim.
>>
>>51686778
This sums up my lifestyle.
>>
>>51686759

That's one of the bigger things. You can hack and move at the same time. So, for example, if you and your crew are going through a building, you don't have to have someone carrying you around as you hack the doors.

You can also switch between hacking something, and shooting someone, pretty easily, since you're conscious. And, if you're in a fire-fight, you can actually dodge being shot at. Which is a plus.

>>51686785

There's also this. When you're in AR, Someone dataspiking you will damage your gear, but since your brain isn't directly linked to that gear (I mean, if you have a DNI, you technically are linked to it, but not in the same way), only the gear gets damaged. If you're in Cold sim, you take stun damage from attacks, and if you're in hot sim, you take physical damage.

Hacking in AR is the best thing you can do for Self Preservation.
>>
>>51686546
"I want to play sports"
>Gee anon, why don't you just go build a stadium and make an entire league
This is you.
>>
>>51686844

I hope you know how big of an idiot you look like right now.

>I want to play sports.

Sure, just get some friends together and explain the rules

>Fuck that, make someone else do it.

That is you.
>>
What's the SR equivalent to the Locate/Control Remote actions from CP2020?
>>
My Players are trying to get cute with me.

Can you drop prone, crawl through suppressing fire, get up and then move as per normal in the same turn?

Along with that can you move, preform an action and then move the rest of your walk speed?

Can't find anything in the book on this, or maybe I'm just dumb, but it feels like they shouldn't be able to do this rules wise.
>>
>>51686886
Moving, taking an action, then moving again sounds reasonable.
>>
>>51686886
Aren't dropping prone and standing up Standard Actions?
>>
>>51686875
If you're playing a game, you're exploring a world someone has made, and you get to play a character that you want, and experience how their choices effect the world and how the world effects them.

If you're GMing, it's that, except you're the primary force that controls everything, so you get all the bad parts of the entire thing, and you've got massively more pressure.

Sometimes, people just want to play.
Sometimes, people don't want to deal with the stress of GMing, or they have time constraints that make it untenable to do.
Sometimes, people just don't have the desire to GM.
>>
>>51686496
>Which would be lovely if Shadowrun had armour degradation rules
First off, there are social penalties and you don't *need* those spelled out in minute detail to use them.

Second, there are rules for it, they're just non-specific and shit. If you're an armless naga looking to get your armour repaired, you're probably paying someone for the trouble - at which point the repair rules can be politely fucked off, and the GM can ask reasonable (or unreasonable) amounts of nuyen through whichever NPC is doing the work.
>>
>>51686886

>Move, action, move

Yes, this is totally within reasonable applications of the rules. Hell, if they wanted to, they could move, free action, move, simple action, move, another simple action, and then move some more, so long as they keep within the maximum limits of their movement speed per round (When all initiative is spent and you reroll initiative)

>Drop prone, crawl, stand up, move

Teeeeechnically, yes. Dropping prone is a free action. Standing up is a simple action.

A character has a maximum amount of movement in any initiative pass (Limited between Walking and running, though they can then Spring for a few extra meters...), so technically yes, they could drop, crawl, stand, and move.

What ISN'T in the rules, however, is if 'crawling' would take more movement 'points' than simply walking (I.E. if you can move 5 foot at a walking speed, for every foot crawled, it's the same as 2+ feet walked).

In my personal opinion, I WOULD rule that crawling costs double movement, especially if moving through suppressing fire.

But, otherwise, technically yes, they could in fact do that.
>>
Is the Ranger Sliver Pistol Crossbow from R&G wrong in Chummer? Chummer lists it as having an ammo count of 5(m), but in the book it's got an ammo of -, which come to think of it what the fuck? How do you even get a - in ammo? Even singleshot weapons have a 1.
>>
>>51676634
You could have him being secretly fed medication that dampens the twitching down to nothing.
>>
>>51682885
>Are dronomancers possible to effectively pull off in 5e

Spam machine sprites using Diagnostics to boost your accuracy while RC-rigging (and the dogbrains' if worst comes to worst), and grab Mind Over Machine when you submerge. You're stretching yourself thin - A good technomancer build needs high Attributes and Talent, and you need a decent amount of skill rankings in pilot [DRONE CATEGORY OF CHOICE] and gunnery, but even at resources D you can trick out a Steel Lynx, and Resources C you can outfit more than one. Still, to make this work you *need* the dice from controlling it directly. Think Racter/Koschei from SRHK - You don't need more than one or two drones when you're just that good.

Max LOG and WIL - LOG is for remote-control gunnery, and you'll need both LOG and WIL to resist the drain from all of the machine sprites you're going to be cooking up. Your drone armament should be weapons with high accuracy scores, and/or FA capability to make use of the Lynx's built-in recoil compensation - Ares Alpha, Ares Desert Strike, Crockett EBR, Krime Wave, or M202.

It's gimmicky, yeah, but just spend a point of edge and you will generate truly ludicrous numbers of hits
>>
>>51686914
Dropping is free and getting up is standard.
>>51686986
If you can move through supressive fire with the only downside being having eat a standard action for getting back up, whats even the point of supressive fire besides forcing people to move from one cover to the next?
>>
File: 1455038962688.jpg (364KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1455038962688.jpg
364KB, 1280x905px
>>51679956
Gunbunnies like street samurai and shooty adepts are very simple and straightforward to play, and become more effective the better you understand them. Melee-focused characters are a less effective unless you play them stealthily.

Faces and Infiltrators are also both easy, but require a bit more thinking. For infiltrators you have to wrap your head around all the gear they use too, which isn't so bad.

/srg/ says stay away from playing a mage your first time but the magic system is pretty simple. Just keep things like astral reputation in mind, and remember that if the enemy finds out you're awakened you WILL become target priority one.

Decking sucks in every edition IMO. I'd wait until you watch someone more experienced play it before you try it yourself, it can be punishing for people who don't understand the rules. Doubly so if your GM doesn't either.
The core rulebook presents Technomancers really poorly, if you play them like deckers you'll lose. Treat them like weird matrix summoner wizards and they go down a lot better.

Rigging requires a loooot of book keeping and it's not great for making that hi tech super-armoured murder drone every new player seems to want. Fun class though.
>>
>>51687169
Suppressive fire gives dicepool penalties to anyone in or next to the suppressed area.
>>
File: Praise The Sun!.jpg (158KB, 400x984px) Image search: [Google]
Praise The Sun!.jpg
158KB, 400x984px
Finally found the Aztlan Military info I wanted.
Well, not ALL of what I wanted, but enough information than I had, and enough information to give me what I need. So I guess thats all right then.

Isn't there an Anon in here who has a Street Sam whose a some peasant asshole from Sinaloa former aztlan military with flashbacks of the war? Dude, how did you detail anything about your character (unit, rank, etc)?
>>
File: tumblr_okdz5j9eeE1rsagu3o1_1280.jpg (354KB, 1280x880px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okdz5j9eeE1rsagu3o1_1280.jpg
354KB, 1280x880px
>>51686886
Since there aren't any actual rules for crawling and the suppressive fire rules seem to imply that prone == not moving, I've ruled in the past that an army crawl is treated as a a run action with 1m movement per combat turn, +1m per net hit, glitches causing you to lose the cover bonus and potentially expose you to fire.
>>51686980
GM Fiat is not armour degradation rules, and that's not even the point I was trying to make originally, which is that I intensely dislike the way the lifestyle cost increases are implemented. It should be treated like RF's lifestyle qualities, where if you have a good enough lifestyle, the cost of getting customised gear is waived.
>>51687085
Hrm. It's from before my time, but it looks like the statblock got copied from the Aquadyne. I assume it's supposed to behave like the bow and arrow, where you have to Ready a bolt into it each time you fire.
>>
>>51687351
>Finally found the Aztlan Military info I wanted.
What was it in?
>>
File: 1444502515890.jpg (79KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
1444502515890.jpg
79KB, 640x454px
>>51687360

Aztlan, 2nd edition. However, its all first person fluff info written as if from some snot nosed teenage kid who says drek a lot, so its both entertaining, and less detailed then I would prefer.

But at least it gave me the direction to go in, and told me enough to know how to represent the Aztlan national military properly. In short, its basically just like the Soviet Red Army with more of an emphasis on maneuver warfare - heavy focus on motor rifle\mechanized infantry, and Warrior societies like special\signature characters smattered throughout the ranks.
>>
>>51685285
Powerful in what?
>>
File: Blood Magic No No.jpg (80KB, 398x368px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Magic No No.jpg
80KB, 398x368px
It also had this, which I post so the resident blood magic apologist can make autistic screeching noises
>>
>>51687219
The problem is they never have to preform any actions in the cone because they can just crawl away on their turn. The only way to make them suffer the penalty is by comboing the supressive fire with another person shooting at them before they can move.
>>
>>51687454
Not blood magic apologist (that shit is evil even if you are using yourself to fuel it), but what edition is this?

I feel that there is potential in a character who is a blood magic apologist and sees it as a powerful tool. After landing in the shadows some how they are terrified of being discovered for their true nature. Cant see why it be any worse then letting someone play with black magic.
>>
>>51687657
>what edition is this?
2e.
>>
Hello! I'm tossing out this message on behalf of our group's GM. We've got a group that would like to do Shadowrun 5e, using the Priority/Sum-to-Ten chargen system, and we're in need of another player. The GM is relatively new, but he's a solid guy, and he's been steadily putting effort towards learning. The group currently consists of a Human Decker, a Human Adept Street Sam with a focus on shotguns and a smattering of utility skills, and and an Augmented Ork Street Sam. Two of the players are new to Shadowrun, and we're primarily looking for someone interested in playing a Mage of some bent, preferably willing to do some degree of Face. The game will take place on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, with the time to be decided once we've got our fourth so we can negotiate something that works for everyone. The game will be taking place over text. If you're interested, please join https://discord.gg/a7zS9 and come chat.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (82KB, 510x530px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
82KB, 510x530px
>>51687657

From an in character point of view - if you were, lets say, brought up in Aztech corporate blood magic culture, and decided to Drizzt yourself and get out - then I guess you would'nt really understand whats so bad about it - i mean, you can use that evil for good right?

Its a tough road to go, because everyone is after you. Your own shadowrunner team will turn on you in a second, because while black magic may be bad (or whatever), DF isn't offering bounties on black magic mages - but they are offering bounties on blood mages.

That is assuming you get anywhere without an Otontin (your neighbor down the hall that had been living here befor you moved in) showing up and kidnapping you - or an Eagle SEAL team showing up at, greasing your shadowrunner "friends" (likely as they were arguing who to sell you too), and taking you back to Aztlan with a stern "talk and we'll beat you bloody" attitude (and they could do it)
>>
File: Wraith.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Wraith.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Starting a new game on monday and I never played Shadowrun before. Can someone look over my sheet and tell me if it's okay?
>>
>>51687880
Well your dicepools are good, but
>prototype transhuman adept SURGE
Your character has about a one in ten million chance of existing in-setting.

>points in every weapon skill instead of specializing
>no points in ettiquette/con/sneaking
Better to grab two or three weapon skills, then spread out into stuff you'll need to not be super obvious - which in your case means disguise as well, since you've got insectoid features.
>>
File: 1485882068919.jpg (19KB, 400x579px) Image search: [Google]
1485882068919.jpg
19KB, 400x579px
>>51687880

If all you do is sneak and shoot, your gonna be bored to tears if the game involves anything else.

Suggestion: diversify

Don't ask me into what - find non-combat things to do. If your so gun-focused, you should also be the team armorer if no one else is.

Also Sniping is one of the most boring things you can do in a game about going into buildings. fyi.
>>
File: 1472431238771.jpg (25KB, 290x263px) Image search: [Google]
1472431238771.jpg
25KB, 290x263px
>>51687880
>>51687919

>insectoid features

I also just noticed this.

Don't do that.
>>
File: 1438954952960.jpg (115KB, 850x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1438954952960.jpg
115KB, 850x1134px
>>51687880
Put some points in Blades or ditch the katana; you aren't strong enough to use it without a huge dice pool. If you ditch it, use the money to buy some gear.
>>
>>51686914
>>51687169
What the fuck is a standard action?
>>
>>51687880
Why isn't he infected or a drake?
>>
>>51688270
Interchangeable with Simple.
>>
>>51688270
I assume they mean a simple action, and are just suffering from severe D&D3.5 poisoning.
>>
>>51687880
>logic 1
>cant buy a hit on a single social skill
>SURGE
>street lifestyle
>no equipment besides ammo and a commlink
Are you trolling us or do you just hate your GM and fellow players?
>>
>>51687880
>Nocturna Elf
>SURGE 3
>Insectoid Features
>Shiva Arms
>Adept
>Prototype Transhuman
>Magic 6
>Sadistic
>White hair
>Sex: yes please
>That massive amount of minmaxing
>Zero knowledge skills
>Street lifestyle
>Dumb as a brick
>Edge 1
Never before have I seen a character be this unilaterally bad
>>
>>51688351
>>51688365
Whew. Ok then. Yes, I've been playing a game of D&D 3.5 with a few friends for 6 years now. No one wants to anymore and it's pretty obvious everyone is in it to just "finish." Please kill me.
>>
>>51688387
Superhuman Psychosis is missing.
>>
>>51688423
Also addiction: shadowrunning
>>
>>51688423
If it had that, then it might at least be a halfway accurate Krombopulos Michael
>>
Is there any reason I can't take the dracoform advantages in Chummer anymore?
>>
File: 1486240301347.jpg (313KB, 889x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1486240301347.jpg
313KB, 889x1300px
>>51688478
Because you're a furry and I hate you. What advantages?
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (42KB, 552x497px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
42KB, 552x497px
>>51688507
These ones.
>>
File: 1440136217250.jpg (31KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
1440136217250.jpg
31KB, 500x584px
>>51688430
This made me wretch.
>>
>>51687454
They eased off the NO NO NO NO NEVER NO from 2e to 'Maybe be careful letting your players have this, it's evil, people won't like them for knowing it, and it's strong' in later editions.

Imagine going up to someone and saying 'Hey, are you playing a dwarven paladin, WELL' and then pointing out the 1e rule where only human characters could be paladins.
>>
>>51688802
>Imagine going up to someone and saying 'Hey, are you playing a dwarven paladin, WELL' and then pointing out the 1e rule where only human characters could be paladins.
Honestly, even deviating from that was a mistake because down the road it led to dragonborn and tieflings appearing as player races in the core rulebook.
>>
>>51688850
lol, Grog.
>>
>>51687776
>if you were, lets say, brought up in Aztech corporate blood magic culture, and decided to Drizzt yourself and get out
I'm not exactly up to speed on the dual scimitar wielding black elf. Did he go back to worshipping Lolth?
>>
>>51688507
...Are those legs just weird looking because of the angle and heels, or does she actually have some kind of raptor leg thing going on there?
>>
>>51688665
Retch is the gag/vomit noise, omae. Wretch is the 'I am a wretched man' thing.
>>
>>51688887
No, the artist is just shit.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1231x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1231x1000px
>>51688887
Politely you could probably call it a stylistic choice, but it's basically just terrible art.
>>
>>51689011
That woman looks like she has some serious brain problems.
>>
File: tumblr_ojzo2cPDjS1r69k7do2_1280.jpg (326KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojzo2cPDjS1r69k7do2_1280.jpg
326KB, 1280x852px
>>51689024
Triangle Chin is a serious neurological defect, anon!
>>51688540
They're... right there?
>>
File: Chummer Crash.png (45KB, 417x357px) Image search: [Google]
Chummer Crash.png
45KB, 417x357px
>>51689052

Hey man, I've got a player who's recently joined a game and is having some issues.

He's on Windows 7, currently using Nightly-v5.190.77 as his version, and he's tried two other versions. He opens the program, and it immediately crashes on startup. There's no error, no nothing, just immediately bloop gone.
>>
File: tumblr_o81t86DRtd1r3swc3o1_1280.jpg (245KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o81t86DRtd1r3swc3o1_1280.jpg
245KB, 640x1000px
>>51689069
I actually ran into this with the wrecking ball in my group. No matter how robust I think I make Chummer, he'll find a way to break it. Anyway, we sorted it by building a new settings file on another computer and dumping it into the default folder. Also, make sure he's on at least .Net 4.5.1.
>>
>>51689096
Alright, I copied up my settings file, renamed it, and tossed it to him. It immediately just bloops out again, same shit.
>>
>>51689150
What's his .Net version?
>>
>>51689150
Hrmmm. Does it work if he uses the stable build? stable.chummer.net, should be 5.190.0.
>>
>>51689165
Stable opens right up zero issues. There's the microsoft related files thing, if that's of use?
>>
>>51689209
Hrmmm. Toss the mdmp file to [email protected], I might be able to get something useful from it. Odd that you're not getting the crash handler though.
>>
>>51674886
What is a good mission to run for a beginner group and GM?
>>
>>51689298
FOOD FIGHT
FOOD FIGHT
FOOD FIGHT
>>
Does Black Market Pipeline give the 10% discount at chargen?
>>
>>51689298
Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the national anthem of /srg/:
>>51689371
>>
>>51689052
I should have clarified, they are right there, but taking them does nothing. The karma cost doesn't get paid and it doesn't appear in the list.
>>
File: tumblr_oj0t98AucT1t2ijwho1_540.gif (1MB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj0t98AucT1t2ijwho1_540.gif
1MB, 540x405px
>>51689428
Oh. Something must be failing in addimprovement. I'll take a look when I get a chance.
>>
>>51689371
There's a reason it's been put out for every edition. Though it's almost cliche by now, so are any of the other 'beginner runs' (like the rest of First Run, say) any good?
>>
So, I was thinking of making a weirdo creep character. At first I was thinking serial killer, but that's kind of been played out so often. So I started thinking about a kidnapper. Like, real creepy shit where he grabs women and lock them in some basement so he can "help" them with black market augments and BTLs and shit. Nothing really sexual, so no goddamn plastic surgery Barbie doll fetishism, just a deranged dude who tries to "save" women he perceives as immoral or whatever.

Then I realized that's probably someone's fetish even if I try to make it as creepy and boner-killing as I can. Because the point isn't to have fetish shit at the table. The point is to have a dude the party goes "you're lucky you're useful or we'd fucking throw you off a highrise for being a sick fuck".
>>
>>51689543
I think the issue you're going to run into with that is other players thinking it's your fetish. Sounds like a cool idea to me but I'd talk to the rest of your group about it first, and definitely wouldn't try it with strangers.

I had a character concept for an adept that can look like anyone who's slowly losing their mind, exacerbated by the anonymity their powers give them. They can keep up a normal face for the team but in secret they're eating people, practicing sexual torture on prostitutes, fucking themselves up on drugs so badly that they can't trust their own mind any more.
They're an increasing liability as the game goes on, trying to keep a lid on themselves.
>>
So minimum drain on any spell is 2. Reckless Spellcasting adds +3 Drain to the spell(s) you cast as a simple action.

Does this mean the minimum drain for casting recklessly is 3 or is it 2+3 for 5 minimum?
>>
>>51689633
It means the minimum drain is 2.

Just because it adds drain doesn't mean you can't fuck with shit enough to lower your drain so it still takes it to the minimum.
>>
Wasn't there some sort of guide to making an AI that wasn't entirely shit?
>>
>>51688875

I have no idea - I was just referring the aspect of Drizzt that everyone knows
>raised in an evil society
>breaks from that evil society to be a Good Guy
>everyone thinks is evil anyway

Which is basically what playing a Blood Mage sort of is - you'd be Shadowrun Drizzt
>>
What can I do with tags? other than GPS tracking
>>
>>51689371
>>51689379
Any suggestions for after that?
>>
>>51689593
The idea was to make it overtly non-sexual and so over-the-top creepy it was a boner killer.
>>
File: abstract_bait.png (73KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
abstract_bait.png
73KB, 854x859px
>>51687880
>>
>>51689942
Is there such a thing as over the top creepy to the point where people think you are doing it for a joke? I feel like there is always going to be a handful of people that actually are that creepy i.e. (You)
>>
>>51687880
It's nice to see high quality bait on 4chan again.
>>
>>51689976
With friends? Probably.

With strangers? No way, unless you made it some silly, cartoony, mustache-twirling shit. Which would be fun actually.
>>
File: MsBadass.jpg (140KB, 983x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MsBadass.jpg
140KB, 983x1600px
Would you run with this street sam?
>>
File: a quiet life.png (890KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
a quiet life.png
890KB, 500x742px
>>51689543
Speaking of serial killers, how do I kill people with magic and leave zero traces behind?
>>
>>51687435
Combat.
>>
>>51689543
Collect trophies from those you kill. Grissly ones. Eagerly show your fellow runners. Act like they are the weird ones. Always insist to have party meetings at your place. Have bits of things literally hanging around. Best to avoid anything sexual. Just be like,
"Hey anon, check this out"
*holds up freshly removed skull & spine of corp guard, moving the jaw to simulate talking & putting on a funny voice
"Some times its all you can do to get a/head/ in this world"
>>
>>51687217

Gunplay adept is definitely the character sheet I'd pass the new guy in a SR game.
>>
>>51687217
>Only person that has played in the group
>Normally play pathfinder with this group
>Someone wants to try and GM shadowrun 5e
>Say to the GM we probably shouldn't run deckers and riggers
>'nah, it will be fine, I get the rules'
>Guys that want to play decker and rigger have barely even read the standard combat rules
>Game tomorrow
should be fun
>>
>>51687217
Melee requires either stealth, being a Doomtroll, or being Captain FlippyMcNigger the Combat Sense Adept
>>
>>51686270
>not Negotiation (Seduction)

It's like you don't even have hit the bars with a notary public to witness the consent
>>
>>51690116

I ran with a child (neoteny) gecko before, I don't care if you're a pretty pretty princess wannabe.
>>
>>51681134
seconded. I too looked at the website for instance, and can't find any info

Is there a changelog somewhere?
>>
>>51690122

If you mean

>oh shit, we just found this guy dead and we have no idea how he got this way

Probably no chance in the world since people could SEE the person and see the wounds, and even magic leaves wounds.

But if you mean

>Leave no evidence

This is actually painfully easy. all you have to do is spend a few rounds cleaning up the astral, scrubbing your astral signature, and boom, no evidence you ever magic'd. Beyond that, do all the normal stuff to destroy evidence, and you're golden.
>>
>>51690869
But is there any sort of disintegrate spell that kills your target AND handles the body disposal all in one go?
>>
>>51690899
Petrify+Physical touch spell+dumping the dust down a toilet before stopping sustaining Petrify
>>
File: 1446944467164.png (314KB, 378x497px) Image search: [Google]
1446944467164.png
314KB, 378x497px
>>51690899
There's Turn To Goo, but the guy is still there; just a pile of goo. It also doesn't actually kill them, just makes it really easy to do.

Turn to Goo + Toilet would work, though.
>>
>>51690899

One super spell that does everything for you? No, there's not, especially since you still leave a magical signiture behind.
>>
>>51690869
Yeah well you also have to remember that you can't erase everything your astral signature leaves, meaning that a skilled enough magic investigator could pull off a few hints.

Well that's if they care to send one in the first place and if he feels like it's important to find anything.
>>
>>51690919
>>51690912
Man, sounds like a shitty way to go.
>>
File: 5cf.jpg (56KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
5cf.jpg
56KB, 600x587px
>>51690912
>Petrify+Physical touch spell+dumping the dust down a toilet before stopping sustaining Petrify
>>51690919
>Turn to Goo + Toilet would work, though.

>toilet
>>
File: Snek.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Snek.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51686538

I sent this right before going to bed and didn't realize I didn't actually post the fucking character sheet.
>>
>>51690975
9/10, missing cyber-hemipenis

Would totally run with.
>>
>>51691009
>run
Doesn't he need legs for that?
>>
Anyone knows if there's a quick guide to the explosive and breaching rules from Run and Gun ?

CGL's formatting is literally giving me a brain aneurysm.
>>
>>51691009

>9/10

hell, I'll take that as a challenge being a success.
>>
>>51675217
tfw you will never be as awesome as Vimes plowing through dwarves while shouting the childs book to your son few miles away
or created alter ego in your own mind that is able to make an eldritch horror afraid
>>
>>51689543
Try stalker, maybe changing targets frequently, never actually doing anything. It ties into all kinds of things like breaking and entering, surveillance, detailed knowledge of roads, drone use, wiretapping, hacking, etc
>>
File: 1476597062188.jpg (125KB, 572x726px) Image search: [Google]
1476597062188.jpg
125KB, 572x726px
How high should an adept's Intuition+Arcana be to get 5 initiate grades without having to spend multiple months on each one?

Is it wasteful for an adept to get 6 arcana at chargen when he's probably just going to use it for initiation?
>>
>>51691388
Also consider someone who "hunts" people but is only in it for the sport and not the bloodlust. He stalks his targets for days, finds a time and place they're alone and vulnerable, lines up a perfect headshot with his Ares Desert Strike.....and then walks away with the smug satisfaction that he totally could've ended them if he had wanted to.
>>
>>51689543
>the party goes "you're lucky we don't want to waste our leisure time with a game-destroying OOC shitstorm or we'd fucking throw you off a highrise for being a sick fuck"

FTFY
>>
>>51691501
Its probably not worth putting the skillpoints into Arcana without having in-game/character value for it. Arcana is that magic skill which comes up all the time for minor things, it seems, which is nice. Plus it means you can be a smug asshole in-game because you know everything there is about magic.
>>
>>51689790
Doesn't blood magic actually warp your soul and slowly turn you evil though? It can be assensed, so at the very least it does leave a mark on you.
>>
>>51692621

I think the logic is "If you're crazy enough to do it, you probably don't have the willpower to resist going off the deep end" or something like that. Technically, no, but at the same time, yes.
>>
>>51692492
>Its probably not worth putting the skillpoints into Arcana without having in-game/character value for it

The idea is to pass initiation tests quickly. I'm wondering if that's worth the ranks at chargen.
>>
>>51691501
Take a talismonger contact and the Calling ritual spell (Street Grimoire 126) for your favourite spirit type. Now it's not a waste.
>>
>>51692772
And I'm saying that unless you're going to be getting some flavor or mechanically bonus outside of the faster initiation tests, its not worth it.
>>
>>51690975
Perfect. Damn, how do you do it? I need to up my character building skills.
>>
There anything in the books like prototype transhuman, but for geneware? To handle the child of a geneware character?
>>
>>51693039

pretty sure there are rules that let you take Genemods as qualities (with karma)

>>51692990

Fuck if I know, but its fun.

Got any other suggestions?
>>
>>51692644
I as a GM would probably rule that if you have the willpower to resist, you don't actually negate all of its influence, it's just lessened on you. I haven't really looked into it though, so that's just me being arbitrary.
>>
>>51687746
Did you get your player? The discord link is dead by now so I can't check.
>>
>>51690975

So, I just did some math and I can't stop giggling.

>Ares Roadmaster: 18 Armor, 18 body

>Grand total of 36 soak dice.

>Slix the Cyber Naga: 8 Body, 30 armor, +2 body when soaking damage thanks to Bone lacings

>Grand total of 40 soak dice

Cybernaga soaks with more dice than an Armored Personnel Carrier.
>>
File: Ares Roadmaster.jpg (135KB, 786x440px) Image search: [Google]
Ares Roadmaster.jpg
135KB, 786x440px
>>51693374

Pic related
>>
>>51693374
Ah, but the Ares Roadmaster can be upgrades to 27 armor for a grand total of 45 soak dice.
>>
>>51693408

After a few paydays, I can upgrade the cybernaga to some alphaware or betaware gear, +1 armor on each arm, +2 dice upgrading from Bone lacings (Aluminum) to Bone Lacings (titanium), and then grabbing rating 6 Dermal Platings, and snake can go up to an amazing 50 dice of Fuck Your Bullets.
>>
>>51693374
You have to remember that the AR armor is Vehicle Armor, so anything less than 18+AP DV is just ignored
>>
File: 1484509635099.gif (2MB, 480x257px) Image search: [Google]
1484509635099.gif
2MB, 480x257px
>>51693374
Vehicles can't take stun damage, so if an attack's DV+AP+Net Hits is less than the vehicle's armor (in this case 18), the attack plinks off with no damage.

Unless a metasapient/metahuman gets hardened armor somehow, they still have to roll soak against any attack that lands.
>>
>>51693525
>Unless a metasapient/metahuman gets hardened armor somehow
Milspec.
>>
>>51693525

I was just counting augs. as >>51693568 said, the second I get ahold of Mispec armor, I'm gonna be hilarious
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.