[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bubble Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

So I managed to roll up "bubble" as my magical trait in a campaign I'll be starting soon, and I'm desperately in need of ideas for how I can harness the power of bubbles for magical spells.

Any ideas /hg/?
>>
>>51673762
Shit I meant to type /tg/, I am a failure.
>>
>>51673762
I got you senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nSzSfmC4MI
>>
>>51674023
Nice! While I'm not so sure about how far I can extend my use of "trapping people within a dreamland inside a bubble" you have also made me add contact juggling using bubbles as a character trait.
>>
>>51674243
Bowie's performance as Jareth is a bit of a masterclass in playing a certain type of elf.

Are you going to be a kind of illusionist or enchanter?

>It's a bubble. Nothing more. But if you turn it this way and look into it... it can show you your dreams.
>>
>>51673762
>lazy jojofag thread

Dude, what is wrong with you? People already know about the series. You don't need to be spamming it on every single board, trying to make memes out of it, and generally just being as bad as the bronies.

Also, don't play dumb. This isn't as big a board as you might think, and your actions are a lot more transparent than you'd hope them to be,
>>
>>51674293
I have literally no idea what the fuck you're on about. Jojo just happens to be one of the few things that spring to mind when I try to think of varied uses of bubbles for combat.

If you can find me a better picture to exemplify using bubbles in physical combat, then by all means post it or any ideas, otherwise get the fuck out.
>>
>>51674339
>Also, don't play dumb. This isn't as big a board as you might think, and your actions are a lot more transparent than you'd hope them to be,

You are almost as bad as that guy trying to force that "is this a jojo reference?" meme.
>>
>>51674274
Planning on being more of a battlemage so enchanter seems more like the best option, though with bubbles you definitely need to splash in at least a little bit of illusionist I think.

I'm mainly interested in ways to apply bubbles in situations creatively, or in combat in ways that kind of sort of make sense, since its easy enough to just refluff various attacking spells as bubbles but I'm chasing the more RP side of it than the mechanical side.
>>
>>51674355
Dimensional space Bubbles. Hard Bubbles. Soft Bubbles. Floaty Bubbles. Explody Bubbles. In alternating sizes and shapes. Combine them for different effects.
>>
>>51674355
Use different liquids to create bubbles from. Acid seems like a good idea.

For the RP: powers don't define a character. Just give him an interesting personality and motivations. From that you can extrapolate how he would use his bubbles. That's up to you to decide though.
>>
Protective forcefields? Continually turning someone's secretions into bubbles could also severely annoy them.
>>
>>51673762
Fill them with explosions, then when they pop peoples limbs get blown off like it was fucking Vietnam
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aneurysm
>An aneurysm is a localized, blood-filled balloon-like bulge in the wall of a blood vessel

Summon a bubble in the target's head, then rupture it = dead. It might be touch-range, where you could massively damage anything within reach. Recurring enemies who see it used on their allies will learn to kill you from a distance.
>>
>>51673762
>air bubbles to breath underwater
>protective bubbles
>bubble bombs
>power to polymorph people into harmless bubbles
>bubbles obscure vision, could be used for illusions and such
>bubble golems
>magic carpets made of bubbles to fly on or just fly inside bubbles
>time bubbles that when popped rewind time
>seduce your opponents with bubble baths
>bubbles containing various poisons or cleaning agents

You could also make thick foams or even solids like styrofoam by using really tiny bubbles
>>
File: yog_sothoth_by_verreaux-d38lggo.jpg (129KB, 600x794px) Image search: [Google]
yog_sothoth_by_verreaux-d38lggo.jpg
129KB, 600x794px
Isn't it obvious?

>Yog-Sothoth knows the gate.
>Yog-Sothoth is the gate.
>Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate.
>Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth.
>He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
>He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.
>>
Maybe you could summon giant amoebas and more complex giant-celled organisms as you grow in power
>>
Well, bubbles are just a portion of any kind and state enclosed in another medium of any composition. You can do basically anything.
>ib4 summon Chocolate bubbles filled with stuff
>become royal chocolatiere
>???
>PROFIT
>>
>>51673762
Bubble magic would make for a top-tier glassblower, now that I think about it. Imagine making a blob to any desired shape.

Go full engineering on this; using the power of bubbles, you gain the power of glass molding. What can you do? Instant plates, reflection fun, a bottle to whack people at the tavern, mines, break glass for noise at a distance, trap the evil vizier in a hall of mirrors? Sky's the limit.

The bubble doesn't necessarily have to contain air, does it? Get some deadly gas and use the bubbles as a delivery mechanism.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.