[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tacticoolest marines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 400px-1286933675792.jpg (27KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
400px-1286933675792.jpg
27KB, 400x267px
Hi /tg/, I'm looking to start playing 40k with some friends. Can you help me pick a marines chapter? I've tried a few games with ultramarines and the gameplay is ok but I don't really like the blue or the Latin. I'd like something with a bit more resemblance to real world marines, except in space. Don't think I'm a jerk off, i did a short time a while back and it wasn't hollywood, I still think it's a bad idea to wear bright colors and do these elaborate rituals and talk semi-olde english and role play as space knights if you're going to fight a war.

So basically I'm asking, is there a chapter out there that wears camo without elaborate bing, and does things like scout the battlefield from orbit, send in airstrikes, drop tanks and then men and clear the area? And they're invincible mostly because they're good at what they do, not because they yell emperor? Probably not, but what's the closest thing to that?

I don't really care if chaos or vanilla since I'm not really into the lore. But I would like for them to be semi competitive.
>>
Definitely look at Raven Guard.

Probably the ONLY chapter even remotely close.
>>
>>51672760
>asks for a chapter based on lore
>doesn't care about lore
just paint camoon your fucking ultras and play in a way that reminds you of what you are looking for.
>>
>>51672853
I care what the models are supposed to be, but not about this emperor, chaos gods etc. thing
- OP
>>
File: Raptors_Marine.jpg (31KB, 398x563px) Image search: [Google]
Raptors_Marine.jpg
31KB, 398x563px
>>51672760
Raptors anon. The reasonable marines in the lore.
>>
File: dread3.jpg (71KB, 700x755px) Image search: [Google]
dread3.jpg
71KB, 700x755px
>>51672942
>>
File: 547080.jpg (198KB, 1169x1654px) Image search: [Google]
547080.jpg
198KB, 1169x1654px
>>51672956
>>
File: IMG_216632194775675_zpszy4ta2yo.jpg (43KB, 720x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_216632194775675_zpszy4ta2yo.jpg
43KB, 720x352px
>>51672970
So there you go raptors. That is your answer
>>
>>51672937
it's a setting made for custom, create your own ideal chapter, you are not forced to play an existing chapter.
>>
>>51672760
Well, if you want to play relevant for setting chapter then answer is only Ultramarines.
>>
>>51672956
>How will we hide this several meters tall, dozens of tons heavy walker?
>Eh, just paint it green and stick 3 leaves on it
>Genious Brother!
>>
>>51673801
Well, a tiger is hidden in the jungle even though it's bright yellow and got black stripes.

You're just trying to throw off a cursory glance, sooner or later people will notice the giant death machine spewing black smoke.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.