[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my Space Marine chapter (again)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: custom.jpg (111KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
custom.jpg
111KB, 400x500px
Sup /tg/,

About a week ago I posted my custom chapter here to get feedback. I got a lot of awesome lore and ways to make it fit into 40k better, here is my second revision.

Unbowed Helms (21st Founding, formerly fleet-based)

Battle cry: "We live! We die! We live again!"

Don't know founding chapter, think it's Fists because of their tendency to get wiped out, or Raven because of their pragmatism (they're really Ultramarines)

Were nearly wiped out in a battle against the Nids in M41.2, reduced to 150 full Battle-Brothers and 1st, 2nd, 3rd companies wiped out- the seventh time a disaster of this magnitude had happened in their history

Geneseed flaw slowed hypno-conditioning, so they couldn't replenish losses quickly

Almost all relics lost, with exception of one Contemptor Dread, Ancient Arak, and all the power armor they had left was mainly MkVI

Their former 7th Company commander became Chapter Master, made several changes to chapter structure to compensate

He installed a Chapter Counsel to help him lead, as he was relatively inexperienced for the job

They would focus on bolter drills and stealth to make use of what equipment they had left, become self-sufficient in learning how to repair their wargear and fleet, and work in tandem with the Imperial Guard to augment their strength

Under his leadership, the Angels became known for their marksmanship, skill at ambush, and spamming Scouts, in addition to a less disciplined demeanor not quite unlike the Space Marine version of a Catachan
>>
>>51671892

Later, the Helms were led to the Maxima system to put down a rebellion circa M41.4

The rebels were well-organized and free of Chaos, while the leaders were guilty of criminal mismanagement and corruption

Instead of crushing the rebellion, they chose to intimidate the governor instead and force a peace settlement

After a brief period of restructuring, Maxima was at peace, with the Chapter Master personally overseeing the rebuilding of their defenses, the establishment of a competent PDF and a network of manufactoriums, and the purging of the incompetents within their ranks

Notable events during Reconstruction include the purging of Orks from one of Maxima's moons, fighting alongside a minor Craftworld to repel an Emperor's Children invasion, repelling a Tau offensive and getting them embroiled in a war with a Night Lords warband, and finding a cache of Pre-Heresy equipment

The Maxima system was also exposed to the existence of Chaos via a massive invasion by the Devouring Eye, a minor CSM empire in the sector (which was incorporated smoothly into local religious doctrine as a sort of Satan-like force)

Though stealthy long range fighting was still their forte, the Helms would branch out into multiple different types of warfare, using different chapter tactics as the situation warranted, and awarding the Pre-Heresy equipment as battle honors

They also reached out to Space Marine chapters in adjacent systems, fighting alongside the Rust Angels, Aquamarines and the Warp Specters in multiple campaigns
>>
>>51671928

However, several Inquisitors accused them of heresy- their truce with the Eldar, not pursuing a campaign of genocide against the Tau, their empire-building with their Marine allies, their refusal to suppress Chaos's existence, and their willingness to treat with rebels being evidence against them

Only the intervention of some of their other Inquisitor allies prevented the Minotaurs showing up at their doorstep, but they were sent off planet on a penitent crusade, directly in the path of Abaddon

Out of despair and faced with the prospect of leaving Maxima unguarded, large portions of the 7th and 10th companies fall to Nurgle, but are promptly purged by their colleagues

To make matters worse, a splinter of Hive Fleet Behemoth targets Maxima, and though the sector remains strong, it is unclear when the tide of Tyranids will end and unclear how much longer it can hold out

Though the Helms are hopeful they will be able to return and help their beleaguered people, it is likely they will all die a gruesome death in the battles of the 13th Black Crusade.
>>
>>51671892
Autism/10
>>
Heresy/10
>>
File: spacemarine2.jpg (45KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine2.jpg
45KB, 400x500px
Unironically shit

And the colors are shit and dont work for models.
>>
File: test.png (34KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
34KB, 201x281px
Hey, this kind of thread.

I really need to start doing this, this pic has been on my desktop for like 2 years and yet, zero fluff.

I think I lost the notepad about the rolled stuff for them.
>>
>>51674373

That's going to look like fried fucking garbage on a model.

/tg/, please. When you're making a marine colour scheme, look at the studio schemes. What do they all have in common? Minimalism. Most of them are basically 3 colours at most. The quartered schemes, even, stick to just two. It's all well and good when you get a paint fill tool on a picture, but remember that it has to translate to little two-inch tall models. You want it to be as uncluttered as possible.
>>
>>51674393
It looks rad as fuck on the pic though
>>
>>51674393
uh... looks like 3 colors to me; and pretty straightforeward too.
>>
>>51674393
He's got two colors, and one pauldron of trim.

I'm usually one of the front line warriors in the great battle for artistic quality in regard to custom chapters, but you're taking it a little too far. That Russian program puts tons of little details on the armor that you'd never deal with IRL unless you were actually that good of a miniatures builder anyway.
>>
>>51671892
Chapter: It's no better or worse than most I've seen on /tg/. 6/10.

>Battle cry: "We live! We die! We live again!"
Get the fuck out with your bullshit. Learn not to copy movie references to make the fluff you're too shit to come up with on your own.
>>
>>51676341
I'd go with "We kill, we kill, we kill again!" if Fury Road reference is mandatory.
>>
File: testreal.png (31KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
testreal.png
31KB, 201x281px
>>51674373
>>51674393
>>51674428
>>51676118
>>51676319
I made a blingless version; I lost my palette stuff so I vaguely redid it entirely. I also lost the notepad file I saved the rolled shit for, so by memory of what I remember:

Close link to mechanicus (really close), genocided some sort of xeno race(Made the race a rapidly expanding infestation of humongous medusa-like things that stay afloat by creating very heavy gas with particles that ruins vehicles and what not), hate the orks a lot(made it personal to steal back all looted vehicles of the imperium and 'de-loot' them, as if to restore the spirit or some shit).

That's all I can remember. May
>>
>>51671892
>Battle cry: "We live! We die! We live again!"

Undisguised pop culture reference, it's shit
>>
>>51671928
>Helms would branch out into multiple different types of warfare, using different chapter tactics as the situation warranted, and awarding the Pre-Heresy equipment as battle honors
>>51671892
>>51671928
>>51671940
I read all that and if you want actual critique, it seems like a bizzare mishmash where you had to involve them with every faction in 40k. BD also that you made the Reasonable Marines, who are already a thing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.