[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're tasked with translating a large scale cross-continent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: cannonball-run.jpg (191KB, 640x721px) Image search: [Google]
cannonball-run.jpg
191KB, 640x721px
You're tasked with translating a large scale cross-continent race into a fantasy setting, how do you set about doing it?
>>
>>51670355
>Wacky racers.
>>
>>51670355
Didn't you try this thread already?
>>
>>51670382
I'm pretty desperate to get this idea off the ground with my group.
Kinda hoping I'd get a couple more ideas at a different time.
>>
how do they get across the oceans, anon?
what is the tech level like?
how much do you want to rip off fury road?
these are all questions that need to be answered first
>>
>>51670355
That Dofus episode where they raced Dragon-Turkeys and that hot assassin chick was Dick Dastardly and her snickering mount.
>>
File: 1464314230511.jpg (161KB, 478x689px) Image search: [Google]
1464314230511.jpg
161KB, 478x689px
>>51670355
>you're tasked with translating a large scale cross-continent race into a fantasy setting

Isn't that basically LotR?
>>
>>51670355
The party must race against their evil counterparts to reach various locations to acquire the macguffin to strike down their rivals dark master before he reaches his full power.
They alternate between time spent in population centers an d time in the wilds.
In population centers they must find (setting appropriate) sources of fast transport as well as acquire information about the land they are about to traverse and rumors about their rivals progress.
On the road various things will happen to slow them down. Twice every day role for a random setback. This setback can slow them barely at all (an hour or two) to a couple of days. Particularly serious setbacks can permanently slow their transport until they reach another urban center.
Some settlements should incur their own time penalties to enter - such as needing a detour or paperwork or locking up between certain hours , giving the players a reason to consider skipping them and risking larger setbacks.
Small towns in settled areas should be approximately 2-3 day apart from each other. Journeys to major quest goals or crossing oceans/deserts etc should take between one week and a month, allowing time for setbacks to really accumulate but not become overwhelming.
It'll be up to your players to create the inter group dynamics that play a key role in these kinds of stories though.
>>
>>51670355
Depends on the setting details. "Fantasy setting" is just waaaaaaay too fucking broad.
>>
>>51672325
this or just do a SBR like jojo campaign with trump as the main vilain
>>
>>51670355
Just read Steel Ball Run.

Srsly.

Do it faggit
>>
>>51670355
The king of a mongol-like empire is old and tired. Without heirs, he announces the crown will go to whoever proves his/herself the ultimate horserider by winning a race from one end of his empire to the other. The only rule is that the competitors must race on horses- no ships, no dragons, no shenanigans. Killing other competitors is not only allowed but encouraged, since the race's all about showing martial prowess.

Adventurers all over the world flock to the start line. Most are totally not!mongols from the empire itself, but you houve everything from not!cossacks to not!french gendarmerie to not!berber desert riders.
>>
>>51670355
A wealthy merchant has announced a cross-country race, with the winner being rewarded 50 million dollars. However, the race is secretly a ploy by the king to find the body parts of an ancient religious figure, which grants great and bizarre powers to those who find them.
>>
>>51679637
Ah, yes. King Jolly Bethrothed I.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.