[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General: Entropy Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 33

Malifaux: https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models and scenarios
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models and scenarios

Discord voice chat for Malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Discussion Topic: What does your terrain and board look like?
>>
>>51665804
Why is Leveticus said to be the cancer which kills Malifaux?
>>
>>51666134
He used to be but he got nerfed. Now hes pretty ok. Still good at being himself but not the best master in the game.
>>
>>51666134
Because he was the go to master for munchkins. Thankfully he has been declawed somewhat, but he still has some very good options available.
>>
>>51666500
>>51666503
So it is not lore-releated?
>>
>>51667036
No, he is cool in the fluff. And mechanically he is much more reasonable now, as Wyrd seems to actually know what they are doing.
>>
>>51667036
In the fluff hes supposed to lead the horsemen against the tyrants.
>>
>>51669201
pshh who needs that old man to fight tyrants when you've got Titania
>>
File: 1472764220433.jpg (152KB, 1240x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472764220433.jpg
152KB, 1240x1024px
>>51669201
>>51667477
>>51667036

From 1d4chan https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Malifaux#Masters_5

Leveticus: The Cancer that is killing Malifaux is his title, but only in the game's setting though. Necro-steampunk zen guy. Basically he will die every turn, and this is good. It makes him one of the hardest masters to beat and to learn. Plays the most balls out offence game, even against alpha strike Neverborn. He can also summon a pretty powerful Desolation Engine from his Steampunk Abominations that he made out of the mangled remains of your crew/his crew. His crew is limited and the best choices are unique shit as bizarre and prone to loop dying as he is, ergo assassination or slaughter is just unfair against him. Being the first to play him in a local meta will net you a lot of easy wins because he has very little in common with anything else in the game.
>>
So I tried Von Schill with Scout the Field, Paid in Blood and Survivalist, and i was so stupid i didn't realize that with Scout The Field+Paid In Blood i would be able to stand and shoot first turn. Doh.
>>
>>51669553
Lesson learned for next time
>>
>>51667477
Levi was only the second best master (collete had that title) in his prime and that was largely due to the combination of him with the rat engine. GG2017 turned the schemes and strats to ones harder for him to do and the removal of the rat engine busted him down quite a bit, but he was still one of the stronger masters in the game.
The nerf to channel was just overkill that made him bad at "being himself" because in the transition to 2e he lost everything except damage and his damage spread is awful.
>>
>>51669385
>1d4chan
There is your problem
>>
>>51669871
Especially since that description is of 1.5 Levi, most of their content is.
Not that its entirely wrong when applied to 2e levi, he is absolutely brutal to play against the first few times, similar to Rasputina and a few other masters.
>>
For all you Tara players out there, have you ever wanted to bring beast bomb Tara in your non-Tara outcast lists? HERE IS HOW!
Nothing Beast with Void Shield
1+ Void Wretches
Scion of the Void
Turn 1 Void Wretch attacks the nothing beast to make him glimpse the void and get buried, even if you have killjoy or levi buried this is possible thanks to void shield. Scion of the void waits to activate until some other models have moved up and/or you have used some pushes/fast on her then teleports to one of them, then another (preferably an enemy model) and uses her 0 to unbury the nothing beast in range to charge or attack enemy models!
>>
As Ten Thunders, what would I be looking to infiltrate over as Jakob Lynch? Assuming that anything is worth infiltrating over of course.
>>
>>51670806
Well the only pure neverborn (other than stitched together) Illuminated is Depleted isnt it? Or are beckoners also neverborn only?
Both of those are worthwhile, Depleted are great at engaging things so they cant scheme and beckoners can spread brilliance at ranged.
Stitched Together can be pretty rad thematically because they are like little mini lynches.
>>
Jack Daw can bring Papa Loco and has no tax on Envy so he can easily deliver + flips to damage or focus to his dudes. What are the best things to use this with? I imagine Rusty Alyce charging would be pretty scary, Montresor has his 7 severe but what else is there?
>>
Any good replacement models for Leveticus's abominations?

I REALLY fucking hate those things.
>>
>>51671341
Warmachine mechanothralls maybe? Remember theres two sets of abominations, the 2E plastic ones and some old metal ones.

You could probably kitbash the iron zombies and/or some necropunks into abomination looking things.

If you mean gameplay wise, you generally dont have to hire them at all with levi, they are more like a "bonus" you get from killing things.
>>
>>51671534
Would people be pissy if I use cephalyx drudge models?
>>
>>51671615
They seem to fit the theme. For normal games whether they are an acceptable proxy will vary by player.
For tournaments though unless the guy running it allows it (tourney hosts can change some of the proxy/painting rules) they technically aren't valid.
>>
File: Dino McCabe.jpe.jpg (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dino McCabe.jpe.jpg
247KB, 1024x768px
Post conversions
>>
>>51665804
Shit, is there any other cool Malifaux art out there?
>>
>>51672877
Went looking on deviantart.
Found this instead.
>>
When I move a gremlin with Trixiebelle's lure, do I have to put him in a straight line right behind her or can I move him past her as long as he is still in btb with her?
>>
>>51673117
You push, so you cannot move through models.
>>
File: example.png (5KB, 674x199px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
5KB, 674x199px
>>51673297
That I know, but would I have to move the shortest distance (ex. 1) or may I go as far as I want to, given I stay close to her? (ex. 2)
>>
>>51673322
The first, pushes between models are directly towards.
>>
>>51673329
Alrighty. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>51673322
Lure isn't a push so it doesn't have to be a straight path, but it does have to be the shortest route possible.
So the answer is still 1, but a Lure can maneuver you around objects or other models that pushes can't.
>>
>>51673099
I think that person did a pregnant Lillith instead.
"Mother of Monsters" i suppose. Can't Nekima summon Terror Tots? The model seems appropriate, if a little disturbing.
>>51672877
Nearly all of it is Lady J or Rusty Alyce.
>>
By the way where can i read the stuff about "The Event" and the General-Gorvernor murder/failed attempt to become a Tyrant?
>>
>>51673598
Ripples of Fate, Nythera TtB, Chronicles
>>
File: IMG_1670.jpg (433KB, 1432x2179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1670.jpg
433KB, 1432x2179px
>>51674753
Starting to get to the final stretch with barbaros. What is everyone working on?
And do you guys think barbaros is worth his SS cost? Only played one game with him so far.
>>
>>51674753
Didn't mean to reply to your post whoops
>>
File: Barbaros.jpg (160KB, 577x886px) Image search: [Google]
Barbaros.jpg
160KB, 577x886px
>>51675330
Just finished an Alt Barbaros myself, It's such a nicer model than the standard one. I've been meaning to try using him but I can never really find space for him, seems like he'd be pretty good with Titania.
I've got a tournament next week, need to get a Coryphee and a couple of changelings done for it, should be easy enough.
>>
As an upcoming gremlin player I'm seeking out some advice. I want to play ulix and I'm curious as to how well ulix and his crew can deal with wp duels I'm aware pigs have shit for wp. Also if anyone has played with the swine cursed how did that go? What did you use them for?
The other thing I want to ask about is Zipp I like his playstyle of control and all that but I'm worried about not having an effective beat stick in the crew people usually would take burt for that job but I worry that he'd just get focused and die.
>>
>>51676127
Not too familiar with Ulix but Quality Mash Liquor and making more pigs should be enough.

Swine-Cursed are stupid with Wong because of Magical and Ooo Glowy. Don't think I'd use them with anyone else.

Zipp is incredibly obnoxious with his placement and denial shenanigans. I'm currently running him with Lazarus and Burt while my buddy does Burt and Francois. You can use Zipp to minimize the number of threats your dudes have to face each turn.
>>
>>51675330
Barbaros is awesome, so long as you understand he isn't going to be doing a lot of damage, what he is going to be doing is be a colossal pain in the ass. With all his pushes and challenge aura he is just annoying as hell to deal with.
>>
Out of curiosity, were the earlier masters supposed to be modeled after tarot cards? Justice, The Hanged Man, The High Priestess all seem kind of obvious.
>>
>>51676255
Thanks for the advice Zipp, if you don't mind I'd like to discuss with you though why I feel like swine cursed could run with ulix. They can acquire the pig keyword and ulix loves anything with pigs plus they can heal also the not too close action is nice for a push to the surrounding pigs. Ulix can help them hit hard with slop em up, prodding and should it really be needed proper care just to add to their own healing. Plus ulix benefits from having more pork on the field and Penelope helps to add one to a friendly pig models wk. I think they can be very good in ulix's crew and in any body's crew as a somewhat tough bunch of guys. Sure with Wong they sky rocket punch everything but that's because it's Wong and he's a damage god amongst a damage dealing faction.
>>
>>51676487
My experience with him is he's a big distraction thats far easier to kill than a defensive model should be. He's generally an easy replace (unless you need some henchmen for schemes/strats)
>>
>>51677847
He can't sit there and Tank, he needs to find a spot where he can be an annoying dick without drawing enough attention to kill him. If he's in the wrong position he's either dying quickly or not doing enough to be worth his points and sometimes theres no good position for him to be in, but he usually is worth it.
>>
>>51673393
Pretty sure gremlin lure is
>>
>>51677773
Like I said I'm not terribly familiar with Ulix so that makes sense to me.
>>
>>51678015
Ah my bad dude
>>
Bump goddamn it
>>
File: 8masters.jpg (1MB, 1998x1590px) Image search: [Google]
8masters.jpg
1MB, 1998x1590px
>>
What options am I looking at for condition removal in Ten Thunders?
>>
>>51674753
What is TtB?
Also should i read the 1.5 to get some introduction to lore or start with 2.0?
>>
>>51680034
Through the Breach is the tabletop role playing game set in malifaux, it uses cards too and it's pretty fun.
>>
>>51680034
Read the 1.5 stories first. The stories in Malifaux go chronologically from the first 1.5 book to the most recent 2E book. The event is covered with 1.5, while the Govenor's attempted ascension is mostly 2E stuff. Both are accompanied by stories on Chronicles.
>>
File: IMG_20170210_144605.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170210_144605.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>51675330
Just finished up Daw and Monty. About to start in some tormented and ligeia.
>>
>>51680063
>>51680404
K ty.
>>
>>51680555
I really like Montresor, the skin tone is nice.
Something about jacks skin just looks a little cartoony for my tastes.
Are those bases the metal inserts wyrd used to do?
>>
>>51680732
I was experimenting with different washes. I went with jacks because I was trying to get something a kin to his art work with the glow from the oldest magic. I'm a little iffy about it myself but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Maybe a dry brush of the original skin tone over it?
I was definitely happy with how montresor came out as a whole, but the skin came out perfectly.

I think they're secret weapon flagstone or cobblestone bases. My local group likes to do a lot of resin casting. So we got a set of the bases and made a latex model of them so we can make our own. Secret weapon has a lot of really nice scenic bases though.
>>
>>51679906
Low river monks are great especially with their new 0 point upgrade. Chiaki is the other option. Other than that Johan.
>>
Lucius hype.

Best master is finally good.
>>
So due to a combination of a horrid painting accident, and my likely weak googlefu. I am without that dumb little book that comes with the Starter set with the step by step how to play scenario basics. Does it exist in a PDF?
>>
So, i'm really wanting to start collecting, putting together, painting, and playing this game and the models of Neverborn. My question is, I really like the Barbaros model they're offering so i want to get enough to get it. So far i've been told to get a skin walker, and Lilith's starter box. can anyone suggest anything else?
>>
>>51681787
It depends on how you want to run Lilith. If you want to go full demons and shit then get models with the Nephilim characteristic. For Lilith specifically Nekima and the Young/Mature Nephilim box, but others like Tuco and Mr. Graves aren't bad either. For general Neverborn good stuff get primordial magic and waldgeists.
>>
>>51681787
Skin Walker or doppelganger? If it's the first then get the second. Doppelgangers are amazing. Nekima is also solid. Other than that I'm not to familiar with neverborn to give specifics.
>>
>>51681870
I'm a neverborn player but I don't really use lilith much, stuff I get a lot of use out of though; Nekima, Illuminated and beckoners
>>
>>51681907

>>51681787 here. I was also interested in Jakob and Pandora. Would I be best looking at either of them instead? Only table top game i really play is MTG and i'm an aggro player for sure.
>>
>>51681985
Both masters you mentioned are excellent starting points as well. That said Lilith is about as red aggro as it gets (Though she does have some tricks).
>>
>>51681009
Emissary, too.
Probably the best condition removal action on the game.
>>
>>51681985
Pandora is a reasonably trixy master all about being annoying and screwing your opponents plans up, making your opponent miserable, especially if they're not familiar with how she works.
Lynch and his crew would probably suit your style pretty well, Lynch and his crew do stupid damage.
I think it's worth getting Lilith too, she's incredibly versatile and you'll want terror tots at some point in the future anyway because they're great scheme runners.
>>
>>51682041
Aggro and tricks? That's me for sure! I'll start with Lilith! Thanks everyone! One last question Where do I find some nice bases? Like, ive seen some that look like cobble stone or wooden floors, those look awesome.
>>
>>51682052
That's only with shenlong though. With him it's just dirty. Especially with a low river monks walking around with him for three free cards a turn.
>>
Anyone have any thoughts on Titania and how to build a decent crew for her? I normally have a core of two of the knights and Nekima then adjust the rest of the crew as needed.
Just curious if other people have radically different compositions.
>>
jack daw anon from before. What color should I paint legeia's dress? I was thinking red for the trim but not sure about the rest of it. I want to avoid white just because its a pain to paint.
>>
>>51685388
Burgundy. It is good for tabletop purposes as it stands out from the skin easily.
>>
>>51686279
I was gunna do red for the trim but I guess I can swap it. What should I do for the trim then. Keep in mind the skin is going to be similar to montresor in >>51680555
>>
I have Misaki, Tara, leviticus and von shill. What's the most dickish list possible with them?
>>
Why this thread keeps dying?
>>
New to the game and want to read up on other masters. Which are the scariest/top tier right now?
>>
>>51687473
Not much to talk about. No releases, not much bitching to do, and game strategy is hard to talk about because the game is so situation based
>>
Got the starter set, thinking about expanding on the miniatures I already have, should I go for with hunters or nephilim box?
>>
>>51687500
>Situation based
You can still make pretty accurate predictions on how things will go
>>
>>51682131
Brush4Hire does card inserts and I use those.

>>51683039
Couple knights, a big hitter, doppelganger, and scheme runners yeah. She can get pretty annoying with Graves and Tannen, too.

>>51686615
Tara dumping Bishop/Killjoy/Taelor with Fast on somebody's head turn 1.

>>51687499
Ramos, So'mer, Kirai, Marcus, Viks

>>51689109
Why both both? Sonnia/McMourning/McCabe/Perdita for Guild, Lilith/Dreamer for Neverborn
>>
>>51689870
Well my budget isn't limitless and the boxes ain't cheap. My main issue is that the Lillith box is based around makin the babbies grow up, but doesn't come with teen and adult versions
>>
>>51689895
Growth isn't really that important. Tots are awesome scheme runners and turning them into young or mature gets rif of that.

Lilith's main strengths are positioning and flexibility. She works well with basically everything.
>>
>>51690222
Oh, is that so

Well in that case I'm back to square one between her and Sonnia
>>
>>51689870
>Marcus
And what would be the possible lists for him?
I have his box on painting schedule, and i barely read the cards. Is it actually a good idea to turn him into a workhouse of the crew with the upgrades?
>>
>>51690300
Well, Sonnia is probably easier to pick up and the Guild half of the starter is generally more useful than the Neverborn half. Sonnia just throws fire and explosions everywhere. In Guild, often considered the most murderrific faction, Sonnia is singular in her commitment to tabling your opponent.

Lilith is pretty straightforward to pick up but she also has a ton of depth. Positioning and flexibility are what she's about so she can go with just about anything.

>>51690520
Usually Marcus just kills people with lots of extra attacks and min damage 4. He runs with the staple Arcanist powerlist bullshit (Howard, Myranda, imbued energies on everything) and steamrolls you. He can also do tricky beast shit if you get bored with killing everything.
>>
>>51690731
If you would give away the "staple Arcanist powerlist bullshit list which steamrolls you" i would be grateful.
Thought i thought tricky beast shit is what he does mostly.
>>
>>51690886
Howard with imbued
Joss with imbued
Myranda with imbued
Cassandra with Practiced Production and a Malifaux Raptor
Mech Ridet with imbued

Pick any 3 of those depending on strat and schemes. Round out your crew with mimions and enjoy your free wins due to skillful play.
>>
>>51691180
the salt is real
>>
>>51682131
For base inserts my go to is Death Ray Designs. They are cheap but look good and can be pretty easy to paint up. Also flexible enough that you can play around like cutting out a section in the stone/planks and putting sand to make a dirt patch. I've just been working on getting some bases ready to go with their inserts.

http://deathraydesigns.com/product-category/basing/fantasy-basing-2/fantasy-steampunk/

Secret Weapon also has a great selection of resin bases. More expensive but more detailed.

http://secretweaponminiatures.com/
>>
>>51691752
I'm salty. Arcanists are the most frustrating faction to play with or against. So many auto includes, so many absurdly powerful models and upgrades. I don't even enjoy playing Sandeep any more because it's so easy mode.
>>
>>51691939
Thoughts on Gremlins then?
>>
>>51692084
Strong second place. Reckless just shouldn't exist in its current incarnation. So'mer is good at everything. Gremlins also have the worst internal balance of any faction.

Wong, Zipp, and Brewy are fun af though.
>>
>>51669871
I once tried to update their incredibly incorrect pile of awful information but the fucking mods kept reverting it.

That place is a shithole.
>>
File: bartoszewski z chińskiej bajki.jpg (10KB, 353x242px) Image search: [Google]
bartoszewski z chińskiej bajki.jpg
10KB, 353x242px
>>51692503
>mfw after so many games that I failed with brewy, I finally figured out how to play him, and my oponent litterally gave up activating his models at drinking contest, because he kept pulling 1-4 and 10-13 on negative flip on willpower duels and his guys were already poisoned as fuck
>mfw I almost sent out Izamu to deployment zone, but he chated duel with red jocker, which he wanted to use to take out brewie
>>
File: Performer1_zps22ghbih7.jpg (228KB, 1000x770px) Image search: [Google]
Performer1_zps22ghbih7.jpg
228KB, 1000x770px
>>51673322
>>51673329
>pushes between models are directly towards.
Are you sure?
I thought if the wording is "push into base contact with" then either of the examples is acceptable.
If the wording was "push directly towards" then you would be correct.
>>
>>51675700
His Taunt is a complete pain in the arse, given how hard he is.
>>
>>51692698
Page 46 of the small rulebook has the rules for pushes.
>>
>>51691851
I'm the Daw anon before. Secret weapon bases are a bit more expensive but they paint up really well and they look nice.

The other company I like is dragon forge bases. Beautifully sculpted bases, especially the Aztec ones. The one problem is it's literally one guy working out of his garage so it can take awhile, but hes a pretty cool guy and does great work.
http://www.dragonforge.com

Micro art studios has some nice ones as well if you live in Europe. They're a bit of a hassle to get in the state's though.
>>
File: Rasputina Limited Edition.png (128KB, 300x459px) Image search: [Google]
Rasputina Limited Edition.png
128KB, 300x459px
Mt FLGS finally got their Divergent Paths pack through from Wyrd.
I got pic related.
I'm pretty happy about it lads.
Anyone else got their DP rewards yet?

>>51692810
I don't read that as eliminating the second scenario in Anon's picture example.
>>
>>51692698
>>51692810
The problem is the use of the phrase base contact. The rules mention objects and models. Base contact is a location. Malifaux uses distinct wording and if the push was ment to behave the same as other pushes it would be worded "push A until it is in base contact with B". This is pushing one model toward another.

There is no FAQ clarifying this.
>>
>>51681775
No. Nathan doesn't want anything getting out in PDF if he can help it. If you email customer service they'll send you a new copy though.
>>
>>51693243
>>51693165

It literally says pushes between models are directly towards or away, if you are pushing to her side how is that directly towards?
>>
>>51693297
Also, base to base can be a distance, instead of saying push 8" or whatever an action can say "push into base to base" so you push until you hit something else or you wind up in base to base.
>>
File: IMG_20170212_152028.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170212_152028.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Finished up legeia. Trying to setup a light box though. Anyone have any tips?
>>
File: IMG_20170212_152342.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170212_152342.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>51694597
Also got the void fleas based.
>>
File: Dr. Alexei.jpg (56KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Alexei.jpg
56KB, 960x720px
Well we know what Dr Alexei is now
>>
>>51694845
Neat. Did they say how to get him?
>>
File: Performer2_zps4v3clbiw.jpg (240KB, 1000x790px) Image search: [Google]
Performer2_zps4v3clbiw.jpg
240KB, 1000x790px
>>51693243
>>51693297
>>51693420
>Malifaux uses distinct wording
This is why I think that the second scenario is acceptable - it doesn't specify "towards the centre of the base" or anything like it, and given how precise the rest of the rules are in this respect, I think that "moving directly towards" is probably intended to mean "centre of base" but does not mean that under the current wording.

There should be an FAQ.

Disclaimer: During my initial response I had the rules for Mechanical Adorations (which is a "piush into base contact" version) in my head.
>>
File: Sandeep Desai.jpg (123KB, 792x594px) Image search: [Google]
Sandeep Desai.jpg
123KB, 792x594px
>>51694845
>>51695486
I saw a post on the Wyrd forums saying he appeared in a mystery box, so I guess it's a standard Ltd Ed rotation deal.

Not a bad model, but it doesn't blow me away.

Might make a better fit as the always-in than the original Joss model though.
>>
>>51695486
In a prize support Mystery Box. No work on if he'll show up as another kind of promo.

Also how do people feel about the look of the new cards? With Wyrd putting out promo cards for the emissaries and all their new limited edition models it seems like they are pushing hard that direction.

I'm not a big fan of the bright white look.
>>
>>51695576
>There should be an FAQ.
>73) If a model is moved by the Lure Action and ends in base contact with the Attacker, can it end anywhere in base contact if it has the movement to do so? No. The Lured model moves towards the Attacker by the shortest route possible and stops as soon as it is in base contact.
Is this not applicable?
>>
>>51672197
Underappreciated post.
>>
>>51695789
>>51695799
That's a little disappointing. Hopefully it shows up in the Easter sale or something.

I actually like the look of the foil cards.
>>
File: Widow Weaver.jpg (34KB, 311x669px) Image search: [Google]
Widow Weaver.jpg
34KB, 311x669px
>>51695830
I think we're having slightly different arguments - I was working on the generalised "pushes between models are directly towards" from >>51673329
It sounds like you are focusing on Lutre-type pushes.
>>
Summoners seem strong overall, but are they really? Seems like they get to bring more to the table by summoning, while other crews are limited to what they have at the start.

Killed my Izamu after I rushed it in to kill one of your guys? Poof, he's back.
>>
>>51695576
>>51695955
Alright the relevant passage for pushing in the rule book is this:

"Some game effects require a model to be pushed in relation to another object, such as towards or away from another model. When this happens the model must move in a straight line while obeying these restrictions, moving directly towards (or away from) the specified object."

So anything that says "Push toward model X" is the same as "Push directly toward model X". The FAQ clarifies that while lure is a move the model must still take the most direct path, no looping around with extra movement.

Then there is bringing it altogether for what "Push into base contact" allows. As a push it must be a straight line but does it need to be directly to the model like other pushes or can it be an angle that still makes it to base contact? The lure ruling lends some wight to a direct push but for me the two situations are different enough that I feel it needs it's own entry.

An FAQ like this "When an action or ability calls for one model to push into base contact with another they are considered pushing toward each other" would make it crystal clear.

>>51673117
>>51673322
As for the original conversation gremlin lure, like Trixiebelle has, moves gremlins exactly like lure except using their charge stat instead of their walk. Non gremlins are pushed away their charge. So when gremlin luring a gremlin the FAQ for lure will apply and you mush move the shortest possible route.
>>
>>51696029
Well to start only one master can summon Izamu back into play and can only do it once. It brings him back with slow and half wounds so it's not that hard to kill him again. You could try to deal with him another way, attack his low willpower to paralyze him etc

That said, summoning is strong but requires heavy investment in cards/stones/markers. The same resources could go to more starting models and making sure your attacks succeed. The most useful part of summoning is often getting to choose the right model for the job. Drowned to drop scheme markers, punk zombies or hanged to do damage, various scheme runners to run down the side.

Then there's Ramos who it summoning 2-3 spiders to give him more activations and AP while he aids his crew and even attacks yours with electrical fire.
>>
>>51696029
Generally, summoners have to use resources to get their dudes. Cards, stones, scrap/corpses, etc. And the latet you summon the fewer AP that model is going to generate.

I wouldn't say summoning is inherently stronger, but there are summoners that are better than they should be.
>>
File: Nicodem-Avatar-of-Pimping-05.jpg (55KB, 600x711px) Image search: [Google]
Nicodem-Avatar-of-Pimping-05.jpg
55KB, 600x711px
>>51696029
As others have said, summoning is powerful, but far from overwhelming.
The cost of summoned models is paid in-game by the resources required to get those models on the table, which can give your opponent room to interfere with your summoning mechanism - deny corpse/scrap markers, bleed your hand of cards, force stoning for damage prevention on lynchpin models etc.

The Dreamer having so much control over his summoning - needing little in the way of external resources - is why he got nerf'd.

I've usually found it far harder to deal with the (usually) escalating activation control than the arrival or return of the models themselves.

Having said that, I have still had gameplans sunk by a reappearing Punk Zombie on a couple of memorable occasions.
>>
I've got a Malifaux packed week ahead of me. Tomorrow is game night, Thursday we're starting up a meet night at a new store, and Saturday I'm running a tourney.

Lucius hype, as always.
>>
I've got a tournament on saturday, will probably play Pandora, Titania or Dreamer for most of it.
As long as I don't place last i'll consider it a success
>>
>>51700016
Do you know the strats and schemes beforehand?
>>
>>51700137
Not yet, should find out on friday night.
Those are just the three masters I play the most and i'm most comfortable with.

I have lucius but I've never played a single game with him and don't really think a tournament is the best place to try him out
>>
Interested in starting outcasts, I like the look and idea of the viks, what's the best way to expand after getting their box?
>>
>>51702002
Vanessa for another sister. Hannah for more Sisters in Fury. Any outcast staples otherwise (Sue, Johan, ect.)
>>
>>51702130
Von schills box is always good. The librarian and the trapper are solid models. The grunts are decently solid scheme runners.
>>
>>51702130
>Hannah for more Sisters in Fury
Stabby Vik without Mark and Oath Keeper just seems wrong, though.
>>51702130
A Malifaux Child can also serve as a good Sisters in Fury caster.
>>
File: Malifaux Child.jpg (62KB, 800x796px) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux Child.jpg
62KB, 800x796px
Would a Malifaux Child be a worthwhile pick-up for Colette?

Having the extra Prompt might be fun.
>>
>>51703702
It could be interesting, I think I'd rather just have Doves though
>>
Would a Malifaux videogame work?
>>
>>51707811
As a watered down version of the skirmish game like Warmachine tactics? No. As potentially a straightforward like Shadowrun? I can see it happening. Good way to expand on the setting.
>>
>>51708462
I would love to see something like shadowrunners returns for malifaux. I think you'd lose a bit with it being a grid, but overall it would be pretty fun. Character creation would be pretty great.
>>
>>51708462
I dunno, the Mordheim game did a decent enough job

But yeah, I would love a more focused narrative on Malifaux
>>
>>51671341
Just kitbash those things. Pretty much anything is fair game as long as it incorporates something vaguely zombie-ish, and something vaguely mechanical. Abominations are supposed to have no uniform composition.
>>
>>51708520
All they have to do is lift the mechanics from Through The Breach and put forth a decent adventure. Being able to change the story based on the tarot would be quite something.
>>
File: Mannequin1_zpsydweo23b.jpg (177KB, 1000x575px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin1_zpsydweo23b.jpg
177KB, 1000x575px
>>51705412
Yeah, I don't think it's in any way the stronger build, and pretty much as soon as I posted I decided it would probably just be a lame over-Prompting list.

Just the thought of cheesing with Hannah and Arcane Reservoir for an eight-card, six-Prompt crew could be funny.
Though at a certain point you'll probably be Prompting just for the sake of it.
>>
>>51711142
Especially considering you can only prompt a model once a turn now
>>
File: Consider this.png (152KB, 280x577px) Image search: [Google]
Consider this.png
152KB, 280x577px
>>51712817
The flip of that is that it frees Colette to summon one or two Doves every turn and still be able to ping models around the board with ease without losing any of the Prompt functionality.
Having the freedom to spend at least one Dove .every. turn and still have a couple spare for key turns (or for Leave Your Mark) sounds pretty bloody great.
>>
>>51713108
Man, Colette looked rough in 1E
>>
File: Colette nu Bois.jpg (102KB, 844x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Colette nu Bois.jpg
102KB, 844x1600px
>>51713143
I got into a weird argument a month or two ago with some guy who said that they'd turned her from a classy cabaret girl, pictured above, into "a trashy burlesque whore", pictured left.

I wondered if he was perhaps smoking crack at the time.
>>
>>51713330
The only thing that bugs me is that she wears goggles in her new incarnation. Why would a stage performer need those, as opposed to a top hat? Otherwise I like the new one more because it is better proportioned and higher fidelity.
>>
>>51713407
I kinda appreciate how many female masters are there, it's nice
>>
File: Colette2.jpg (220KB, 902x487px) Image search: [Google]
Colette2.jpg
220KB, 902x487px
>>51713407
at least her model has a hat not the goggles
>>
>>51714579
Nice paintjob.
>>
>>51713473
I like that they don't feel forced other than Ironsides, who feels a little forced because she doesnt have any special shit, i really wish they gave her like a magic item or made her "adrenaline" into some kind of medicine she takes or something because "random street thug" doesn't really seem master tier, but i guess thats not related to her being female.
>>
Other than the official wyrd fate decks what playing cards do you guys like as fate decks?
>>
>>51707811
I can very easily imagine a game like thief, dishonored, legacy of kain, bioshock, a traditional fps or a horror game like dark corners of the earth.

But of course the best choice would basically be a VTM:B style FPSRPG but in malifaux.
>>
>>51707811
Open world sandbox game set in the Bayou, you control a gremlin on a quest to get the biggest hat.
>>
>>51716282
The final boss is Cherufe in the red cage, after you unite the warring gremlin tribes by wearing the hats of seamus, colette and the judge all at once.
>>
>>51716337
dont forget Big Jake's hat
>>
>>51716394
No hes the first hat you take, but then he comes back and steals it 4/5ths of the way through the game.
>>
>>51716071
I use a set of Communist Chinese themed playing cards. Despite that I don't play Mei Feng.
>>
>>51716413
>>51716394
kek
>>
I'm making Carver at the moment and I'm wondering which head you guys think is best, jack o lantern or sack?
>>
>>51717405
sack
everytime
>>
>>51717405
Lantern if you plan to take him as Killjoy in a Neverborn or Gremlin crew, Sack if you plan to take him with anyone else.
>>
>>51717056
What is the current year in Malifaux anyway? Its late 1800s right? A little more socialism in the M&SU would probably be appropriate given the time period. Then again the M&SU probably doesn't want to support any legitimate workers rights considering its just a front for terrorists as nellie told me.
>>
>>51717927
actually its bled into the early 1900s
>>
>>51717927
I believe that the story is currently in 1907. Far enough away for cowboys and Victorian deals, recent enough for super science and the variety of crazy contraptions available.
>>
>>51718398
>>51718004
I guess i forgot how early malifaux history diverged, chances are the guild cracked down on/prevented a lot of the historical events/trends that I'm thinking are absent.

Anyway, Brewmaster, Zipp or Yan Lo as my next master?
>>
>>51718453
Yan lo
Modify to look like lo pan
>>
We finally got our Divergent Paths models in. I got the vintage McMourning. In the good doctor's honor I ran him tonight with some really nice results.

I summoned 4 Flesh Constructs in the game, including Yasunori.

I love Doug.
>>
Bemp
>>
>>51719444
>I love Doug.
until you run into a good shen long player
>>
Are gremlin taxedermists any good? Thinking about taking one but they seem expensive for what they do.
>>
>>51722829
As a shenlong player mcmourning can still be a pain if he knows how to play his cards right. While the shadow emissary can essentially be given a license to print money off of all the poison floating around and shen is immune to the damage Mcmourning can get around some of this. Expunged deals damage based on the amount of poison on the target which gets around the flow like water ability. Also the thunders player really needs to keep its emissary protected. There's also the low river monks but then you're not getting free cards.
>>
What models should you look to getting if you want to play Rasputina? What's a good list?
>>
>>51725163
You are looking everything with Frozen Heart. Ice Dancers, Acolytes of December, Silent Ones, Snow Storm, Blessed of December.
>>
>>51725196
Are all of those good with her though, or is it like playing an unnecessary amount of beasts with Marcus?
I'm looking into picking up Ice Dancers and Acolytes for sure, since I think they're cool. But I'm not sure about the other ones you listed.
>>
Is this a good core list for misaki in outcasts?

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Misaki + 2 Pool
- Disguise (2)
- Survivalist (1)
- Scout The Field (1)
Hannah (10) or emissary with upgrade
- I Pay Better (1)
Sue (8)
- Return Fire (1)
Freikorps Librarian (7)
Johan (6)
- Oath Keeper (1)

And 12 points left for trappers, ronin or scheme runners
>>
>>51725596
I can also squeeze Shang and hodgepodge effigy in there somewhere
>>
>>51725215
They're all good for her, the Ice Golem is the only frozen heart model you can just skip, all the rest are sold enough to be considered most of the time.
>>
>>51725924
Alright, thanks for the advice. Based off of model appearances (which tend to be a big deal for me), I'm going to skip the Blessed of December and pick up some of everything else.
>>
>>51725957
if you don't really like the blessed of December model there is an alternative.
I keep thinking about getting the box but i've got no use for either of the models in it.
>>
>>51726052
It perhaps isn't super thematic when using it with Rasputina, but it is a pretty sick mini.

I want to get it myself so I can at least use Genbu as Izamu.
>>
>>51726052
That sort of think isn't really my style. I do have a friend that loves it, though. A lot of Malifaux is really unappealing to me, but I was happy to find that I like a good portion of the Arcanist because the game is really fantastic.
>>
File: McMourning Dissection Lecture.jpg (61KB, 600x670px) Image search: [Google]
McMourning Dissection Lecture.jpg
61KB, 600x670px
>>51719444
>I summoned 4 Flesh Constructs in the game

I fucking hate Doug.
>>
>>51727598
a minor quibble but since the guy on the bed is still alive won't it be a vivisection?
>>
>>51727669
That bothered you but not the random "science" shit on the blackboard?
>>
>>51727908
>What does light speed have to do with it?
>SHUT UP I'M DOING SCIENCE!
>>
>>51718453
Zipp.
Maximum over fun.
>>
>>51727948
>Its the theory of "RELATIVITY," so by definition it has to be related.
>>
>>51727669
Guilty are undead :^)
>>
>>51728197
Mind blown.
>>
File: McMourning Red Crew.jpg (144KB, 1200x668px) Image search: [Google]
McMourning Red Crew.jpg
144KB, 1200x668px
>>51727908
>E=MCDNA
>Also check out this cool head!
I see no problem here.
>>
Considering getting some Bunraku because the models look good, anyone have any experience using them/playing them?
>>
Anyone have the 1/1.5 books? Would like them for the fluff. Thanks.
>>
>>51731084
They are in the op
>>
Those are the 2e books only.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170214-171010.png (53KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170214-171010.png
53KB, 1080x1920px
>>51731594
Click the mega link
>>
>>51731632
My bad, I thought it was the same link from a few editions back
>>
>>51725957
Try and find the old metal ones if you can. They look much better.
>>
>>51730844
They are great with Collodi. Handing out focus is always welcome.
>>
Are witchling handlers and Rider being a good pick for the Sonnia and Lady J?
>>
File: Oiran.jpg (236KB, 1594x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran.jpg
236KB, 1594x1000px
>>51725957
I think the Blessed is a worthwhile pick-up if you can find something suitable - very fast interception, scheme runner-hunting or back-field disruption is always handy.
There are a few leopard-men or wolf-men about that could look suitable with the right paintjob.
>>
Bomp
>>
>>51734417
Handlers are neat but a little overcosted. Useful to speed up stalkers and spread some burning, and a good caddy for Disrupt Magic

The Pale Rider is not terribly efficient for his cost. He was way better in the original schemes since he could score 6VP from Bodyguard and Protect Territory. Badass model, though.
>>
>>51738940
I often use the Pale Rider with McCabe, and I would have to agree. I will probably swap him out for a mounted guard when those come out.
>>
>>51740586
Even when he can use actual crit strike?
>>
are my yuri goggles on too tight or are phiona and nellie gay for each other
>>
>>51741464
Yes. Nellie is going to be the one eating Mollie's undead rug.
>>
So what do we think of Asami?
In theory a summoner 10T master sounds really cool but no one I've spoken to about her thinks she's any good.
Also her model is garbage
>>
>>51740655
It's a cute trick, but a Warden can pretty much do the same thing for half the price.
>>
>>51745043
1 built in ram against certain enemy models is a poor substitute for 1-4 rams against anyone.
>>
How would I go about doing justice to Shenlong by giving him a dragon tattoo? I can freehand basic things like Rackham spirals on Aeslin and tapering lines on the Scion of Black Blood, but I can't trust myself to pull off a decent looking tattoo that would be somewhat elaborate. I have an airbrush, but I am not sure if stenciling something on will actually work.
>>
>>51748130
It's not the same, but it's still usually good enough and costs half as much. I like the Pale Rider, but it's just not a great investment in a game.
>>
I can pick what fucking ever amount of henchmans and stuff if it is not rare (number), right?
Also. Heartsbane+Doc Grimwell or Pale Rider?
>>
File: dragon.png (47KB, 1273x920px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.png
47KB, 1273x920px
>>51749197
Just make the dragon s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ majestic enough that you can't possibly screw it up.
>>
>>51749651
Yeah. You are only limited with the amount of masters and totems (Unless otherwise specified).

You don't need both Grimwell and Hearstbane in the same crew, but I would say that having two guys instead of one would be nice for a lot of purposes. Grimwell is a pretty mobile guy so you won't lose out as much when choosing him over the rider. Build towards the overall crew composition and schemes/strats of course.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.