[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 15

File: 1479425436333.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1479425436333.gif
4MB, 500x281px
GW players or MTG players?
>>
>>51661070
40k players are the absolute worst.
>>
>>51661070

Easily magic.
>>
>>51661070
Online? 40k players.
IRL? MtG players.
>>
>>51661070
Working in a FLGS, I'd have to say GW players, but goodness it was a close one.
>>
>>51661070
They both finance the hobby and the industry. I think MTG might just a little bit more.

I've never had trouble with either personally.
>>
How about who has the better on the extreme good?
>>
Worse how? In just being neck beards? 40k

About breaking the game and haveing more people that make the game not fun? MtG easy
>>
>>51661070

So many MTG players are just cheaters, but absolute worst is Yu-Gi-Oh, that community is all toxic and awful.
>>
>>51661466
Dubs confirm
>>
>>51661070

Pathfinder players
>>
Eight or so years ago, I'd have told you GW due to the sheepish way they buy their exorbitantly expensive product and defend those prices.
But over the last few years, MTG has actually gotten worse than GW about that, so MTG.
>>
>>51661070
The answer is "Yes!"

Both are equally bad, and gaming is generally better the further away from those games you get.
>>
>>51661070
40k is bad because of the constant arguments over rules, I've seen so many people argue over shit like line of sight, cover saves etc. But for the most part 40k players have the rest of their lives together. Lots of young to middle aged men who have jobs and lives, obviously the kids don't count. You don't see as much of that with magic, it's almost all kids who don't have their shit together, and tends to attract way more sperglords than 40k. That being said magic is leaps and bounds better in the rules department, I've almost never seen arguments over what you can and cannot do.

t. Someone who has played warhammer and magic for over 15 years
>>
>>51661466
It's a Nip childrens cartoon game, of course the community is awful.
>>
>>51661570
Personally, I blame the emergence of the Modern format.
>>
>>51661070
>MTG players
they're lazy.
>>
>>51661436
MTG, hands down. People will give newcomers cards they don't need/don't use to get them started. No 40k player would ever give up an army to a newcomer.
>>
Players who play at flgses instead of at home with friends tend to be people without too many friends, but I can tell you having played both, only about a third of 40k players are unbearable autists, while the entire population of an FNM is a eugenics advertisement.
>>
>>51661755
That has nothing to do with player quality, it's entirely the nature of the game.
Some cards are literally worthless garbage, where as no miniatures lack value.
>>
>>51661781
So what if some cards have no value, you can still use them to make beginner decks so you can at least play the game.
>>
>>51661755
>cards worth 10 cents - 1 dollar
>models you bought in a set, built, and painted
Yea those 40k assholes
>>
>>51661789
Oh right, because fucking Chimney Imp is going to help you really enjoy a game where Chalice, Thought Knot Seer, and Force of Will exist.
>>
As someone who plays 40K at a store where is that and Magic are the main things I can honestly say both groups have their weird but for the most part they're full of normal people. If you want a group that's basically all losers and weirdos look to the ones who play Super obscure RPGs only.
>>
>>51661822
In casual play, sure. All of the cards you named have top billing in the meta of the format they're featured in.
>>
>>51661438

This.

40k players are only really annoying when they won't shut up about how totally badass and unstoppable 40k characters are compared to any other fictional universe. Plus all their memes and shit can get pretty cringey. That said the group at my LGS have been nothing but bro tier as I've slowly gotten into the game.

Meanwhile the guys in the Magic scene managed to kill off interest in Magic by being total fucking degenerates to new players and themselves.
>>
>>51661822
>a game where Chalice, Thought Knot Seer, and Force of Will exist
You mean, "a FORMAT where Chalice, Thought Knot Seer, and Force of Will exist." You're bitching about the nature of the game but what you're really complaining about is the nature of Legacy.
>>
>>51661755
Completely erelavent, which also is a moot point becuase I can let a new player use my army to play a game
>>
>>51661949
40k players can at least self regulate this because we actually get to see what your going to bring against us. If you show up with a cheese army we just say no, we will get the next game. Then said dick either leaves the community or tunes down his army.

Or we make the anti fun list that has a lib conclave, smashfucker and crew, and is pretty much unkillable, or get 1850 points of cultists and then have the game take like 6 hours
>>
>>51661822
>Why would the 16 year old who just got their drivers license want a 2001 Honda Civic when a Bugatti Veyron exists
>>
>>51661502
Holy fuck this, Trumps all.
>>
>>51661715

A vast majority are teenagers who never watch the show and spend time trying to get as close to tournament tier as possible. So the level of conceited dicks in YuGiOh is just insane plus all online communities are maddeningly bad as well. Then there are huge price hikes as the demand for whatever is meta that week can go up a lot.

MtG is very open and supportive, though there are the odd ducks of guys who are painfully OTAKU's (I didn't think it was possible personally).

I have no experience in the 40K Community as a whole. A lot of guys are very 'cultish' in the way they try to bring people over. But generally, there's a bunch of snobs or mad geeks.
Just like everything really. But then again liking something doesn't make you a part of that group or niche, along with the subgroups that spring out of the mess.

People need to learn to take a step back, these are hobbies, if you don't enjoy your hobby, you've lost way ahead of everything else.
>>
>>51661070
>GW players or MTG players?
GW players? What are GW players? I thought GameWorkshop wasn't in the gaming business?

Seriously though, it makes more sense to compare the companies, since the way the companies act dictates what kind of player base they attract.
>>
>>51661070
>asks about GW games or MTG
>posts a picture about catan
>>
>>51662640

The fat dude has a viral vid flippin a table in a MtG tourney
>>
>>51661995

What killed Magic was EDH became the most popular format and then people just kept doubling down on their decks until everyone was running either Combo, Sen Triplets or Stax.
>>
>>51661995
>If you show up with a cheese army we just say no,
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>51661438
Pretty much this, although 40k players are normally more bro-tier as neckbeards.
But then you get these too >>51657541
>>
>>51662686
...What if I just hold the table down? How is anyone gonna flip it?
>>
>>51663201
>40k players are normally more bro-tier as neckbeards.
>>51591977
>>
>>51662367
I'd say the Pathwhiners are by far the worst, because while the players may be bad, nothing is worse than idiots who feel the need to constantly complain about what other people play.
>>
They are both disgusting. However, magic players tend to stick to their own places wile 40k players inefest every single LGS that exists (except the ones that specifically state that 40k is not allowed).

So I'd say GW playerbase is worse because they are harder to avoid.
>>
>>51662130
>Why would a 16 year old who just got their drivers license not want a 2001 Honda Civic to race against someone with a Bugatti Veyron?
>>
>>51663264

Yeah they are some odd tier of fantasy geek with very few social skills and a believe that Pathfinder is 'the one true version of trpg'

>>51663236

Well, you put your weight down on one edge and he lifts his end. Coz physics.

Just lift your end up, that way it can't flip. Then beat him down with the table for being a cunt.
>>
>>51661070
Yu-Gi-Oh, the community's toxic as fuck.
>>
>>51661822
I really don't think that force of will belongs with those other 2 cards. If you're playing with a more casual group, Force might actually be really bad.

>>51661070
I'm going to go with MTG. Mostly with regard to the casual groups that I've played with when I was starting out, and are the bulk of the community according to Wizards.
>>
>>51663542
>Why is a 16 year old who just got their driver's license trying to race someone in a Bugatti Veyron with a Honda Civic?
>Why is the other guy a big enough asshole to bring his Bugatti Veyron to race against the fresh meat's Honda Civic when money isn't on the line?
>>
>>51663694
I know those assholes. I told some of my friends I wanted to get into Magic and they helped me put together a basic starter deck. They then proceeded to spend an hour shitting on me with tournament grade decks and laughing at me about it. I never played Magic again.
>>
>>51661789
Because you mouth breathing dip shit, a gesture of charity is not a sign of generous community when the gift has literally no value to the giver
>>
>>51663775
>Bill Gates offers to pay for my surgery
>It doesn't mean he's generous, because the cost and my life are utterly insignificant to him.
>>
>>51662686
https://youtu.be/mYuF3T7s7XY
>>
>>51663750
I saw a weird reversal of this. At my LGS some new player brought his deck and played against some guy with a $15,000 tournament deck. After the game the guy let the new player try out his tournament deck.
>>
>>51661070
GW, although my opinion is in part influenced by the cost of damages they cause (unless of course you field a black lotus).
>>
>>51661841
So people who hang out at /tg/
>>
>>51663750
Your friends are assholes and you should get better friends then.
>>
>>51663937
>mtg player that call for judge
every.
time.
>>
File: British_monopoly.jpg (72KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
British_monopoly.jpg
72KB, 500x375px
From personal experience, people who play this are the worst fucking overdeveloped fetuses in this reality!
>>
>>51661070
Infinity players by far.
>>
>>51661070
Yes.
>>
>>51661070

I have never found a decent human being at a magic event. I know 5 at my local gw store. Whenever I played magic people were assholes, and they treat new people like shit. I got welcomed warmly into the community at my gw store, and everyone there is really nice, even the turbo neckbeard who's been playing since first edition and is pretry much unstoppable if he wants to be is a total bro.

-A guy who got out of magic, and has just recently started 40k.
>>
>>51663937
>>51661070
He deserves better than a gif
>>
>>51661070
>>51664364
So this is a common action this man takes? How is he not on some kind of list?
>>
>>51664397
You can clearly see the other guy trying not to smile

it's just a joke, like when he took an Axe to an Xbox 360
>>
>>51661070
MTG is worst. They're the only group that refuses to get along with the other players. yes, we understand you hate the force of will players, but when the 40k, Malifaux and Weiss schwarz players all go out for beer weekly and discuss list building, there's a problem with you.
>>
>>51661070
whichever autist wants to whine about the game their playing as opposed to playing it
>>
>>51664420
>implying Warhammer fans can discuss other wargames
>>
>>51664409

Guitar Hero plastic guitar, he can't lift an axe.
>>
>>51664253
Because someone made few funny about "GW miniatures"-meme?
>>
>>51661070
As far as my FLGS goes? MtG, easily.
The 40k'ers can get a bit loud, or spread their stuff everywhere, interfering with RPG and TCG groups slightly...
But the MtG players are leaps worse. They usually reek of stale B.O. and rotten egg McMuffins; they give zero fucks about anyone else's space, and will leave their shit everywhere (especially booster packaging); they openly deride anyone NOT into magic; and most damning of all, someone's cards ALWAYS gets stolen at any tourney. That shit doesn't fucking happen in LITERALLY any other game's tourney at that store. Not even the Yugiman ones.

One fun thing is to watch the MtGfags cringe every time I bridge shuffle my unsleeved Bicycle Poker deck within earshot. I can usually get at least two, three head-turns.
>>
>>51664812
No, because they feel superior to everyone and never stop pushing their shit down your throat.
>>
File: Japanese Dog.jpg (82KB, 578x389px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Dog.jpg
82KB, 578x389px
I'm not a huge fan of either game, but I would say Magic has the worse crowd. Sure 40K has some overweight 14 year olds who don't paint their miniatures, but a lot of the people who play it are polite and mature about things.

I play Malifaux during the weekly MTG nights however, and I have to constantly listen to the MTG players saying shit like
>Why isn't Ginsberg dead already
>The Dakota Access pipeline protesters are only doing this because they hate white people
While topics like that never comes up in conversation with the crowds of other games. It's the fanbase that partly made me quit MTG in the first place.
>>
>>51661070
I'd have to say 40k edged them out.

When a rules debate comes up they like to ignore nay evidence and say "you're rules lawyering too hard!" despite only basic reading comprehension being required. They also like to make up rules to "fill in the gaps" where they don't exist. Assume rules by name alone. It goes on and on.
>>
>>51661755

just went to my first ever pre-release, played against three hardcore players: two pointed out stuff I was doing wrong in a polite and calm manner, one even pointing out things I could do to benefit myself. The third was extreme autist who seemed personally insulted whenever I did something that wasn't pro tournament worthy.

Played warhams casually for years, would get condescended against by all no matter what skill level, then if I beat them whined and said I must be hustling/cheating/gaming/etc

GW definitely beats the spread in utter bastards but they've both got a fair few cunts
>>
>>51662130
>card games are equivalent to million dollar cars
This attitude is why magic has been going to shit, you know.
>>
>>51665103
>then if I beat them whined and said I must be hustling/cheating/gaming/etc
>gaming
?
>>
>>51665364

as in playing a gamey list, even though I've been playing the same basic guard list for years
>>
>>51664364
Post the one where he eats mayo naked
>>
>>51663694
>>51663542
>>51662130
>mfw still driving a 2000 Honda Civic
Hey, fuck all of you. That glorious little bastard gets me 42miles/gallon on Highway, 32-36 city. It basically needs little to no maintenance (I still take it in for inspection just in case) and everything on it works- unlike my other newer cars. Plus, do you have any idea how hard it is to get a car without a computer inside? That keeps repair costs low, and it can't be hacked for location data or hijacked randomly by some chucklefuck with a cell phone (not that anyone is interested enough to kill me, but its still reassuring). Oh, and because the evaluation of an old civic is so low, I pay next to nothing on property tax.

Best goddamned car I've ever owned. Sharp brakes and tight handling have saved me three times now. Sure, it may be shit for drag racing, but only dipshits (aka donors) who've never worked on a surgical floor do shit like that.
>>
>MTG players: fairly degenerate, lots of actual children, and wasted money on cardboard

>GW players: semi-degenerate, few actual children, and wasted money on plastic/learning how to paint

also I've seen way less of an uproar from rules mistakes from GW players than MTG players
>>
>>51664878
>people who get triggered over riffle shuffling
The most unbearable faggots in the world, I swear.
Funnier still, I've been to dozens of stores around Texas, and from what I've seen, there's a surprisingly high correlation between people who throw a fit about riffle shuffling and people who only pile shuffle. Buncha cheaters.
>>
>>51661070
I work in a FLGS as well, and I'd say the 40k players here are loud and somewhat cringey, but not terrible. The MtG players are basically the same. We don't really have very many problems with players.
>>
File: Diggernix.jpg (82KB, 362x263px) Image search: [Google]
Diggernix.jpg
82KB, 362x263px
>>51661755
>Palming off shitty outdated / useless cards onto new players who don't know any better
>Clearly this proves the generosity of MTG!
>>
>>51666344
The buy-in for MTG is around $40 for a budget deck that does well. The buy in for a single GW figurine is $40.
>>
File: old.jpg (81KB, 1000x689px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
81KB, 1000x689px
>>51661070
Pinochle players, they're old, crusty, and they smell like moth-balls.
>>
>>51661755
You're comparing apples and oranges.

A full deck of throwaway cards is worth at most 20-30$ One 40k infantry unit can be more than double that, forget an entire army. I wish it wasn't that way, but GW are giant fucking shitters, that's not even counting the cost of paint.

Believe me, I'd love to share 40k shit with people, but I can hardly afford the cool shit for myself.
>>
On /tg/ I feels it's basically
MtG players hate each other
40k players hate everyone else
Though I feel like beyond the general rudeness in the threads mtg players are mostly pretty chill and don't force unfunny memes as hard 40kids do.
irl I only play(ed) with certain groups which were all cool guys, no matter the game.
>>
>>51666638

MTG is real deceptive, though. You easily spend more on MTG and other card games than on GW products.
>>
>>51666638
>The buy in for a single GW figurine is $40.
the going rate is ussually 4/mini
though there are annoying fucking shit
>>
>>51666742

If you buy or collect models, you will realise GW aren't dicks. You just haven't thought about logistics.
>>
>>51666767
Yeah, it's part of the reason I wish cheap formats would get more paupular.
>>
>>51666804
>switch from metal to resin to 'reduce costs'
>prices keep going up

Come one man, they make quality stuff, and you've probably had to justify this to yourself, (I have too), but five plastic space marines just aren't worth 75+$
>>
>>51664907
Not everyone. Only 40cucks.
>>
File: chaddaddy.jpg (11KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
chaddaddy.jpg
11KB, 211x212px
>>51666638
>>51661755
>>51661789
>>51662130

>People not often giving away their possibly hard-earned / painstakingly converted or painted models is somehow a strike against 40kfags because MTG autists toss out their crap old cards to new-players as soon as wizards decides to sell them new shit on the regular

Holy shit this is beyond poorfag logic

This is like fucking...homelessfag-tier.

Do you faggots proxy dead cockroaches as Carnifexes too? sounds like you have bigger problems than any card or tabletop game.
>>
>>51666888

Please use logic and think things through. Every stage of the development and production has very large costs. Then GW have to budget for development of their products as well.

A simplified list.

1) Production
2) Taking the casts and sorting them as well as boxing them.
3) Storage
4) Delivering
>>
>>51666744
this, I honestly don't understand the obscene hate MtG players get here, Sure there's always at least one sperg at the LGS but 99% of players I've seen are just normal people
>>
>>51665954
Exactly. They hear the *slapslapslap* of those cards, they look at you like you kicked their mother in the teeth or something. Meanwhile, they bitch about how their deck didn't go off even though they weaved and other bullshit.
>>
File: 1485133410458.jpg (269KB, 1203x1439px) Image search: [Google]
1485133410458.jpg
269KB, 1203x1439px
>>51666888
>five space marines aren't worth $75+
no, but infinite space marines are worth approximately one secondhand mini and shit tons of styrofoam, acetone, and moldmaking agent.
>>
>>51667394

Materials aren't free. Also that shit stinks (literally).
>>
>>51664364
But i do that during 40k games all the time.
>>
>>51661755

I'd just like to point out that some players will pawn off old or unwanted 40k armies, either to new players directly or to the store as a kind of "try before you buy" army. Hell, I started with the Macragge set (plus some extras), and when one of my friends started 'Nids I went through and gave him the 'Nids and SM both. I was doing IG so I didn't need either.
>>
>>51666638
>Eating shit is cheaper than Golf
>So Golf is the inferior hobby and Golfers are arseholes
Poorfags. Every thread.
>>
>>51667712

Yeah, I have seen some shops donate used armies they have been given to kids and people who visit often.

They also do it with cards.

But in my experience people tend to trade armies more often.
>>
>>51667712
I've also heard of GW stores giving first-timers a free mini and some paint to get started. It's not much but it's something.
>>
>>51667744

Yeah, golf costs a subscription more or less. Good past time to have, like playing Pool/ Snooker.

>>51667784

No joke I've spent way more on paint than models. The investment to get in on paint's is very daunting.

At the end of the day, learning to budget and building up slowly is pretty rewarding in my experience with the 40K hobby at least. I just love the designs of the minis.
>>
>>51663930
That's actually pretty true though, Bill Gates could consistently pay for everyone in the United States' surgery every single year without significantly damaging his annual income, let alone his accumulated wealth. To pay for your surgery alone would be the same as me giving a a quarter to a child for lollies. While they appreciate it, the money means nothing to me.
>>
>>51668442
Are you seriously equating giving candy to a child and saving a person's life right now?
>>
>>51668442
>Bill Gates could consistently pay for everyone in the United States' surgery every single year without significantly damaging his annual income, let alone his accumulated wealth
No he couldn't. I think you need to learn some mathmatics.
>>
File: 74921203.jpg (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
74921203.jpg
127KB, 500x281px
>>51661070
I don't even know what GW stands for, but that's some really funny .gif.
>>
>>51669088
Eh, I just did a ridiculous estimate based off an income of 11bn a year vs the assumption that some large portion of the US Health budget could cover all surgeries in the United States (even though most are done through private insurance, I know). So you're right, the math is retarded and hyperbolic, but it doesn't change the core point. To Bill Gates the kind of money required to save one life is as necessary or important to his life as trash commons are to most MTG players, it's not even small change, he could consistently pay it daily and see about the same change in his overall finances as most people see by consuming a daily cup of coffee.

>>51668854
Obviously the impact upon the receiver's life is not the same, but the sacrifice on behalf of the donor roughly is. Saving a life is more important, but Bill Gates can (and does) save lots, still he could save a lot more. Hence the whole Christian "easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich person to go to heaven" idea. Being generous as a rich person doesn't mean you should get away with donating less percentage wise, just because it's a larger amount overall. (In the eyes of God and Socialists, that is).
>>
>>51661070
It's very close but GW players. Magic players are loud fat retards, GW players are loud fat animated retards
>>
>>51661466
>>51661477
77 dubs confirmed the critical 66 dubs, triple damage.
>>
>>51663990
>$15k tourney deck
The fuck? I thought people paying $20 for plastic army men (yeah I know they're commanders) was bad but...
>>
>>51661070
High Schoolers.
>>
>>51666973
Other companies have to deal with

1) Author fees
2) Publisher fees
3) Printing costs
4) Storage
5) Distribution

Yet other books of the same length/quality aren't 90$+ You're delusional if you don't think GW products aren't massively overcharging and you've never paid attention to their business practices if you don't think they're massive shitters.

Thankfully in 3-5 years they'll get BTFO by 3d printers and either have to lower their prices or (more likely) they won't be able to adapt and they'll finally implode like they should have.
>>
>>51669456

What makes it is the fact he's not content with just flipping the shit off the table. He has to destroy the table itself.
>>
>>51670071
Yep very true
>>
>>51671056
GW is a miniatures company that moonlights in painting suplies and publishing. They're going to be inefficient in these fields because they're core focus is designing and producing plastic miniatures.

At the end of the day; $90 for a hardback full colour book is a high normal price and not extortion and frankly I'd much rather they spent more money on the rules department and charge $110 for the book.

There are cheaper wargames, there are even cheaper wargames with comparable quality miniatures (though probably with smaller ranges). We dont know how profitable they are because they're not publically traded companies (that fact should be a clue that theyre either incredibly profitable and the owners don't want to share, or theyre minimally profitable and don't see expansion opportunities).

We know the ins and outs of GWs finances though, since they're a listed company on the stock market. Profits have been trending down in the last 10 years as people have gotten poorer and as the boom from LOTR subsided. They're not in any sort of position to give you the product for less AND expand the game at the same time.

>Hur Dur 3d printing
Confirmed for knowing nothing about 3d printing or economics. Might explain why you cant comprehend spending chump change like $100 on a hobby afew times a month.
>>
>>51671224
>you j-just don't get it dude
>y-your poor bro

Truly the last stand of someone with no argument.
>>
>>51671403
>Ill just ignore your hundered word post and make a flippant remark about one of your many reasonable arguments, and then claim victory haha!
Good for you mate.

Meanwhile GW still makes money every year. The market supports them, there's a niche for thier product at their price. There are people who enjoy the product and buy it, there are people who don't enjoy thier product and don't buy it.

Unfortunately there is a third kind of person that infests/tg/. The person with an autistic facination with said product who doesn't have the means to afford said product. Instead of accepting that they cant have it, or instead of going out and getting a job so they can afford it, these people shit up almost every discussion about the product by claiming that anyone who does like it or does buy it is an idiot. Apparently thats the only way they can reconcile thier immature frustration at not being able to afford things they want.

Your the interent equivalent of a hobo sitting on the street getting high all day and then sneering at a BMW driver.
>>
>>51661755
chaff vs hundreds of dollars lol. Also, many veterans will give newbies LUDICROUS sales so that's simply untrue
>>
>>51671483
>assumption and conjecture are 'reasonable arguments'
>Resorting to ad hominem
>This blatantly butthurt

Sorry I struck a nerve you sperg.
>>
>>51664236
Talisman is worse.
>>
>>51671802
>Ill just ignore your hundered word post and make a flippant remark about one of your many reasonable arguments
>Again
>And all call you a sperg for good measure!
I dont really feel like im the one whos mad here poorfag.
>>
>>51671831
>No YOU are!

How's the third grade treating you?
>>
>>51671056

Yes, and they share those fee's as well. You do understand what the companies gotta do to keep investors happy right? Not only that they have to be able to generate growth i.e. profit to keep making products. The argument of GW charging too much is just a "reee!" reaction.

I collect models and kits when I can afford it and GW are not as bad as people make out. I would argue their paints are likely they're most profitable line of products.

And codices in my experience are worth the price on artwork and fluff alone. At the end of the day there are collectors who seek out and collect rare cards. Like Black Lotus, to me that's a horrific waste of money for a piece of card with ink on it. But to the one who bought it was all worth it.

(You know the boxes include the stats of the models right? Oh and getting into 40K costs the entry price of the Kill Team boxset.)
>>
>>51671842
It treated me pretty well, going by the fact that I grew up into a man who can afford his hobbies, rather than being in your position.

At least im here shitposting about things I actually like, what are you doing?
>>
>>51661755
I have a great burn deck that I'd be fine giving to a newbie worth at most 20$, thats like 5 Warhammer models you autist.
>>
>>51671951
Laughing at a giant sperg throwing a long and pathetic temper tantrum about his overpriced plastic toys?
>>
>>51667744
>if it's expensive it's good by default
>>
>>51672016
In that case I'll give you one last (you) out of pity.

Wouldn't want you to have to face the grin reality of your shit life. Feel free to reply with some greentext about me being a sperg again, but I wont be reading it. Dont forget to let your mum know what a bigshot you are kid!
>>
>>51670915
I'm guessing that a 15k deck would be vintage, which is pretty much all 20 year old collectors status cards. Not to mention that all of these cards are out of print, and there's a semi-mightaswellbe-legal agreement to never print them ever again.
Magic has a whole bunch of different formats where different cards are allowed. Prices range from like 40 dollars per deck for pauper, all the way up to the 15k for vintage. Formats exist so that competitive play isn't just spending more money, and so you have a general idea of what to expect. More competitive players are generally ok with proxies for testing or fun purposes.
Pure tabletop casual play is a whole different story, though. Good lord, pure casual groups can go into an arms spending war so fast.
>>
I have a friend of a friend who cheats at MtG and other games, is he the worst?
>>
>>51661070
why does boogie do so many mtg videos?
>>
>>51661070
40k players are pretty bad, but since magic is more popular it probably has more assholes overall.
>>
File: 1484884940561.png (708KB, 809x660px) Image search: [Google]
1484884940561.png
708KB, 809x660px
>>51664364
>>51661070
>THIS
>>
File: biggu bossu profiru.png (384KB, 920x848px) Image search: [Google]
biggu bossu profiru.png
384KB, 920x848px
GW players who slowly devolve into playing nothing but MTG leaving you without a group and hundreds of dollars and time wasted
That's who's worse.
>>
>>51671483
>Meanwhile GW still makes money every year. The market supports them,
Yeah and revenue from their prime buisness is slowly falling down every year since 2013-2014 when it dropped at 20-25%.
>>
>>51673752
They continue to be profitable however. I can talk all day about what GW does wrong, but it has everything to do with a garbage ruleset and how they want to distribute thier product, and not really much at all to do with prices.
>>
boogie is so fucking fat
>>
>>51664420
here those players are all the same people. everyone just plays everything. Also in regards to the argument about giving cards away: At my lgs we have some richfags with multiple tier1/1.5 legacy, vintage, and modern decks who just loan them out for tournaments. I don't know what kind of shitholes you guys play in if that's not a normal thing.
>>
>>51661070
MtG players are usually great, if you play on a casual level: My FLGS gives a price booster to everyone who competes in sealed tournaments. Whether you drop first round or come out on top, you get a single booster. People bring their girlfriends or even kids. Everyone has a blast, respectful behaviour all around.

Don't know jack about 40k...

>>51661762
Don't you have some fake news to write?
>>
>>51661070
Magic players are in whole other league of thievery.
>>
>>51662753
This is because flgs MTG communities don't play with price caps on decks and individual cards.

I've got a group that plays edh, with both banlists, and a price limit of $300 for a deck, allowing an unlimited number of laser printed proxies within that limit.

It works fucking great.
>>
>>51673770
>They continue to be profitable however.
Proofs?
No really I want to know how many they spand on production and distribution.
>>
File: classicblunders.jpg (38KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
classicblunders.jpg
38KB, 550x400px
>>51665704
I feel you man. My daily is a beat ass Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V that gets like 37 highway and can still beat the pants off your Honda Civic.
>>
>>51673972
Can confirm. Probably stole like $10,000 worth of cards during my career.
>>
>>51671951

Dude,if you have to brag this much about how much money you have and how much of a man you are and insult others for being "poorfags" you are truly an insecure pathetic human being.
Especially if you spend your time on 4chan bragging about it.

P.s. I make a lot of money, GW is still ridiculously expensive for what it is
>>
Both are pretty chill at my FLGS but the 40K guy occasionally stink up the place with their primers (although not as much as the Force of Will/Yu-Gi-Oh/don't use deodorant players).
>>
File: infinity player.jpg (10KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
infinity player.jpg
10KB, 183x275px
Infinity players
>>
>>51661070
40k players are the bigger nerds and fa/tg/uys, but otherwise MTG is worse in pretty much every regard, be it elitism, bitching about things, bringing a tournament mindset into everything and shit talking other games/formats.

They also like to pretend that MTG is a cheaper hobby which is just silly.
>>
>>51675004
Hi AoSshitposter.
>>
>>51661070

Can we all just admit that honestly both communities have good people and assholes, same as any other collection of human beings, and that trying to rank them is silly? All we really get is people bringing up anecdotal evidence and steroetypes. I could talk about how nice the crowd at my local game store is, but that doesn't mean anything to you if the crowd at yours is shit. We will never come to a conclusion and this entire thread is pointless. It's like watching two groups of children screaming at each other "No you're worse" over and over for hours. Please stop anons, for your own sakes. This is just pathetic.
>>
>>51661070
I think we all know who's worse: Neither of them, they're both cancer
>>
>>51661076
The real odd thing is that Chaos players are the nicest 40k players.
>>
>>51673752
Factually incorrect if you saw their earnings for this Quarter. They showed a hell of an increase in profit.
>>
>>51676110
>Factually incorrect if you saw their earnings for this Quarter.
Link?
>. They showed a hell of an increase in profit.
Wow, half years without large AoS releases.
>>
>>51676125
Not that guy but I checked it.
Here you have the link, Infintypoor:
https://19485-presscdn-0-14-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2016-17-Press-Statement-final.pdf
>>
>>51676168
So it was better when they failed Christmas sales? Good, but it's just better than previous year.
>>
>>51676207
>So it was better than year when they failed Christmas sales?
fix
>>
File: wp_karnliberated_1280x960.jpg (15KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
wp_karnliberated_1280x960.jpg
15KB, 184x184px
>>51661070
To my mind the quality of MtG players has directly declined with the quality of the fluff. These days it's hard to find someone who knows any lore but the nuwalker stuff, and harder to find anyone genuinely interested in it beyond a "my waifu" level. People don't run flavorful decks outside EDH anymore, netdecking has become the norm. WAAC-faggotry infests every format, and with creative doing their best to alienate anyone who ever gave a shit about the setting, the players who are inclined to build for fun rather than for easy wins are slowly leaving for greener pastures. And with the changes to Standard, there's never been a better time to go cold turkey off the cardboard crack.
>>
>>51661706
>40k is bad because of the constant arguments over rules, I've seen so many people argue over shit like line of sight, cover saves etc.

This. 40k players are shit and annoying because 40k rules are shit and annoying.
>>
>>51674077
You're a faggot and so are all your friends
>>
>>51676399
Honestly the change in lore is so damn boring. I liked it more when they focused more on the plane they are on and not on three mary sues + liliana.
>>
>>51676628
>This. 40k players are shit and annoying because 40k rules are shit and annoying.
>not because of their pseudo-elitism
>>
>>51673826
Doesn't stop him from having a girlfriend unlike the rest of us
>>
>>51675557
He's slavposter
>>
>>51676815
Nah, it's not him.
>>
>>51666744
>MtG players hate each other
>40k players hate everyone else

I feel like this is the most accurate thing I've read on /tg/

But as a MtG player who I hate the most is myself
>>
File: 1485477524424.jpg (16KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485477524424.jpg
16KB, 200x250px
>>51676815
or it could be glamposter?
>>
>>51677125
Well, may be, but Glamposter didn't tried such hard trollshilling.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.