[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mtg/ modern general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 25

File: FulminatorMage.jpg (61KB, 223x312px) Image search: [Google]
FulminatorMage.jpg
61KB, 223x312px
Dredge can never be a deck without troll desu.

I'm not going to ask any questions, cause I think there are some questions we need to be asking ourselves as human beings ;_;
>>
>>51659803

>surgical in infect

I mean, I kind of understand it, some decks only run a 4 of pte, still i don't know.
>>
>>51659748
>>51659722
>WAAAAH WAAAHH X CARD IS NOT AS INTENDED
>WAHH WAHH THEY BROKE MY FORMAT AND I CAN'T HAVE 15 ROUNDS OF TAPPING MY CREATURES

grow the fuck up, everything should be unbanned, banning more cards is not the answer you stupid sick creature tapping pieces of shit.

t. lantern control player
>>
>>51659844
This. Gimme back my Splinter Twin.
>>
>>51659852
Seriously, Twin never deserved the ban
>>
>>51659805
I got tired of making threads anyway. Thanks for putting modern in the subject. Easier to ctrl+f, and lets other filter it
>>
>>51659928
You did good work old, OP. But I think we want some shitpost generals for a couple of days

>ban mox opal
>>
>>51659805
I went 3-2 yesterday with Eldrazi Tron. Won against Affinity(2-1), Grixis Delver (2-1) and Jund (2-1), lost to Bogles 2-1 I revealed a Chalice with Matter Reshaper and that cost me the last game and U/W Control 2-0 he played Visions turn 1 and 3 on game 1 and outvalued me hard, game 2 he drew his only Crucible he had in the sb and destroyed a bunch of my lands. I also did a play that would have won me the game, but he topdecked Supreme Verdict and cleared my board.
>>
>>51659868
>>51659852
Twin's only sin was being URx, attracting the worst kind of talentless Spikes. The euphoric kind who think that they have more skill than everyone simply because they play COMBO™
>>
>>51659976
If we banned Mox I would leak a little under. Shiiit. There'd be so much salt at my LGS I wouldn't stop smiling until Amonkek drops.
>>
>>51660009
At least you weren't the guy who tried to sundering growth a darksteel citidel T2 against affinity.
>i know it wasn't you
>because it was me
>>
>>51659868
i feel like des mtg is running wizards
>ban shit no one wanted banned
>cut out modern more to replace it with basically nothing
>print nothing but standard bulk crap for the rest of time
>>
>>51660469
I hate that autistic fuck. Doesn't help he is straight up bad at the game
>>
>>51660458
You really didn't know it's indestructible?
>>
>>51659844
You are pretty stupid aren't you? I played dredge before it was cool and continue playing dredge in legacy until my cards are so chafed I can't read them.

I can see why they banned dredge, they have stated it many times. What I don't understand is that why they unbanned troll if they don't want dredge to be a deck. Just goes to show how fucking uncoordinated wizards is at maintaining modern banlist.

They banned twin to "diversify" modern, making room for other blue decks. Yeah, there was no other blue decks, because it's fucking bad color to play in modern and banning only viable blue deck isn't magically making blue more playable. Their thinking is so fucked up.

I wonder if initially ancestral vision and sword of the meek would have been better than they now are, but I doubt it considering how many other more powerful cards were in format.
>>
>>51660528
I think I have seen only one video from him and it was about common mistakes in made in mtg. It was so backwards stupid with him fucking even the rules and card interactions that it hurt my soul seeing people considering it as a good video.

He's taking trolling on next level by being himself.
>>
So was Grixis Twin the right build before it died? Just a splash? I don't even think I'd run tasigur, but k command and the like
>>
>>51660576
If you read the comments oh god why, most of them worship that idiot for preaching TRUTH
>>
>>51660721
Fuck this. I felt adventurous so went to check magic mistakes part 36. Guys talks about how people hate misinformation and then goes on to make a video that's completely fucked up. That guy is a master troll.

5/5 went to complete rage mode. (sort of)
>>
>>51660869
Is he actually on part 36?
>>
>>51660913
No idea, but that's what it says on title.
>>
>>51660701
>So was Grixis Twin the right build before it died? Just a splash? I don't even think I'd run tasigur, but k command and the like

I think it was. The K Command is such a powerful card in a deck running Snapcaster Mage. The 2 cards were essentially made for eachother.

The UR deck could be anemic if you didn't get the combo soon, Grixis Twin felt more "full".
>>
>>51660989
That, plus thoughtsieze and IoK. Grixis Twin may have been the reason it was bannedit wasnt. Wizards just hates fun
>>
>>51660701
I personally always felt that jeskai twin was the way to go back before the ban.
Helix gives you the option to simply burn out your opponent, and path is always good.
>>
>>51660220
Yeah, i was playing twin during Deathrite Shaman Jund meta. It was interesting playing mirror matches just before the ban when a heap of bandwagoneers bought in to the deck thinking it was the best deck in the format - they couldnt win the mirror just by jamming the combo
>>
>>51661491
>Couldn't win in DRS Jund just by jamming combo
>Implying that wasn't the entire deck back then
Every list I know of ran like 8 pester and deceiver and 8 twin and kiki, you're a cuck
>>
>>51660701
Straight UR - Cryptic Command, better mana base, mainboard utility lands like lighthouse and tec edge
>>
>>51661508
>i was playing during deathrite jund
>bandwagoneers bought in to deck just before banning
>>
Going to GP Brisbane next weekend.
Any tips?
>>
>>51661547
That was RTR and BFZ? Like 4 years apart?
>>
>>51661558
Beware of killer spiders and shitposters
>>
New player here, got back from a modern tournament at my LGS and I didn't win a single match, which was expected. What wasn't expected was the fact that everyone and their mothers was playing decks of 500 bucks while I was playing with my shitty izzet fiend deck and I wouldn't even get to play since everyone would instadelete me. I know that you magic players are probably tired of listening to this type of shit but it felt p2w especially the endless fetchlands and right now I feel like shit.
Is there a chance to beat costly decks with budget ones beyond them just getting screwed with the draw?
>>
>>51661946
Post the decklist. U/R Fiend lost a lot of power now that Probe is banned.
>>
>>51661946
>shitty izzet fiend deck
Post list?

>Is there a chance to beat costly decks with budget ones beyond them just getting screwed with the draw?
Yes, with the right list, right matchups and a bit of luck.

Consider going mono, so no need for fetches (INB4 deck thinning).
>>
>>51662003
>>51662006
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/faggetry/
I know that it's not good, I spent most of my budget in gitaxian probes which got banned three weeks later. I wold like to add at least another bedlam in exchange of temur because they clogged my hand.
>>
>>51662189
You need fetchlands and shock lands to filter your deck so you wont draw 5 of them in a row.

Welcome to modern, where mana base is usually what costs the most.

Also, consider faithless looting instead of charm and bring couple of protection spells main board like dispell, mizzium etc.
>>
>>51662189
That's better then what I was expecting. Consider the following:

Stormchaser Mage
Blistercoil Wierd
Clout of the Dominus

Hybrid mana can be a great way to bypass the need to filter.
>>
>>51662189
Rift Bolt is really bad. Manamorphose allows you to fix your mana and draws you a card, so it's basically a free spell. Thing in the Ice is really good in this deck.
You don't neeed Tarns, but fetchlands are good, specially in this deck. You really don't want to draw lands when you're going off, but if you run 17-18 lands it doesn't really matter since that's super low.
>>
>>51662281
Even with 18 lands but no fetchlands you can get flooded.
Happened to me more than once in pauper prowess.
>>
>>51662307
That happens.
>>
taking a break from edh, trying my hand at modern since i had most of these cards lying around before getting the rest. how good is this deck, and how bad is it if i have galvanic blasts instead of sudden shocks? any tips?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-68-10-tix-modern-turn-2-tokens
>>
>>51661946
It's not so much p2w as it is p2play.
You need to be able to drop some money
Kinda like bringing your Prius to a racing event and getting upset the Indy cars beat you
>>
Is Teysa, Orzhov Scion + Painter's Servant + Blasting Station/Blood Artist/Cutthroat a viable combo in Modern?
Can run 4 Path 4 Push and 4 Discard spells plus Lingering Souls
>>
>>51663084
too many pieces, even abzan company runs less pieces that autowin them the game.
>>
>>51663084
Well you might as well run green so you can run coco and chord. And there are better combos in abzan like melira visera finks, and then maybe you want to cut the paths and discard and souls for more utility creatures.
>>
>>51659805
>I'm not going to ask any questions, cause I think there are some questions we need to be asking ourselves as human beings

Questions such as
>playin?
>hatin?
>brewin?
>wishin?
>>
File: 1470221797035.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1470221797035.png
267KB, 375x523px
>>51663167
>wishin

Miracles in modern
>>
>>51663182
But you can play miracles in modern. And it would be fucking miracle to win a game with them.
>>
>>51660220
None of my decks have ever got a ban (Burn, Affinity, 8Rack & Merfolk) and even I am tired of their shit.
I'd rather play vs Pod, Twin, Dredge, DRS Jund, Storm and CAW Blade all in the same tournament. Than play against three Tron, two Cheerios and two Bant Eldrazi. This shit feels like Standard with three good decks and a bunch of shitbrews now.
>>
>>51663155
>>51663162
I hate that modern has so few viable decks. I have Burn and Titanshift but I want to play something "fun" for a while.
>>
>playin?
My-Deck-Dies-To-Cars standard
>hatin?
Wizards
>brewin?
Random jank including Standard Dwarf Boats, Legacy Poisonless Infect, and a fun frontier deck that will never actually happen because the cardpool is so broken and/or shit.
>wishin?
Cheaper staples. I don't care if planeswalkers cost big $$$, just give me some decent lands for less then 1$ each.

>>51662764
>Kinda like bringing your Prius to a racing event and getting upset the Indy cars beat you
Then why does Wizards keep printing Prius cards?
>>
>>51663275
Yeah they've really ruined Modern at this point. I dont even know why I still play it the only reason I can think is that its one of the few formats that fire regularly at my LGS, I hate standard even more, and a draft is twice as much cash
>>
Like being completely honest does anyone even have fun with Modern anymore? I used to love this format I really did and to clarify none of my decks have been banned so this isnt just salt speaking, but now its just so stale and dull. Id rather play Legacy or even Commander because the format is so boring and repetitive. There are less then 8 viable decks left. Jund, Abzan, Affinity, Burn, Tron, Eldrazi, and Scapeshift are fucking it as far as competitive tier 1 decks go. The meme decks are even more annoying to play against because its shit like Puresteel or Expertise combo where if they have a god hand they win if not they durdle and lose. This format is the absolute worst because of Wizards.
>>
And im being 100% serious when I say I face the exact same decks in Modern regardless of what store I go to. Its a lot of Jund/Abzan a fuck load of Tron and a lot of Burn and Bant Eldrazi and occasional Affinity.
I have no issue with any of those decks desu its just fucking boring when I sit down to play a tournament and oh look its Jund/Burn/Tron again.
>>
>>51663312
Sunk cost fallacy.
I sold my duals because I didn't have a deck to play them in, and bought 100% of Descent 2nd Edition, a PS4 a bike and a new phone.
But I cannot bring myself to sell Affinity despite playing it less than once a month because "I spend so much time and money building it!"
>>
>>51663358
>>51663395
Because if you don't play this shit you will autolose every match which is fucking boring. I'm >>51661946 and I while I love the idea of the game I can't play for shit because all decks straight up outvalue me with pure creaute power or they are tuned to kill in turn three or lose which is fucking boring.
I don't even know what to play. In modern or legacy because there are insane combos and the meta is too established, I can't do jackshit in stardard becase the decks are costly as fuck like in modern but they also lose value in a year. I like draft, playing in the aether revolt reveal was fun as fuck but it's too expensive to play regulary. Playing cube requires a shitload of people to get into it because I don't have enough cards and everyone else is too busy playing with their costly decks which makes sense since they spent a lot of cash on them. Maybe I should try commander, it seems more fun and cheaper since you only need one of every expensive card and the high variance can make every game trully different.
>>
>>51663312
>the sky is falling!
Fucking leave already then. So tired of you babies crying constantly
>>
>>51663508
Holy shit, kill yourself you child. I don't care about your casual deck not winning. We obviously enjoy the format. Go back to slinging grizzly bears at your kitchen table please
>>
>>51663508
I have no idea what you are on about. My deck competes and I win often. I have two pricy Modern decks which both win and are competitive. Its just the format is boring as shit regardless of if you are winning or not.
>>51663552
Well is it not? The sky has been falling on this format and it will be replaced by Frontier ( which I hate equally as much btw ) in short order.
>>51663576
Im not the guy you replied to. I play Burn and top 8 often. Its just boring to do so when I face the same decks over and over again because ironically Wizards has banned the diversity out of the format.
>>
>>51663167
>playin?
U/R gifts storm (before it was cool)
>hatin?
Modern community
>brewin?
Helping with blue staff for a friend
>wishin?
non-shit cantrips to come off banlist (never happening)
>>
>>51663508
I literally built 8Rack with Hymns and won a Legacy league with it.
The meta is established, so you you build something that can beat 2/3 of the top decks and go to town on their unsuspecting asses. I've also won with an "Aristocrats" deck. Because unlike Modern, Legacy has the best answers so you can build funny shit and normalize the playing field off the power of Liliana, Swords, Force or DRS.
>>
Wizards basically killed diversity by their bannings. You dont ban good decks so that non competitive decks can compete. Thats like banning Ferraris on a race track because they push out the Priuses well guess what a Prius is still unviable to race with after the ban. Banning Twin or any other deck didnt increase diversity it reduced it because the decks that were bad before it was gone are still bad now that it is gone.
>>
Also Wizards should take a look back at the original ban list, the one taken from Extended powerhouses and take a few cards off since they assumed Modern would have a power level similar to Extended but its so much higher then that that something like Sword of the Meek which dominated Extended is completely unplayable in Modern.
>>
Would you fuck off already? We know it's you, the stupid Izzet blitz casual making post after post
>>
>>51663686
You do "ban" ferraris so shit can compete. Look at F-1 right now with their limitations on engines, speed, etc.

WotC has an "idea" of what they want Modern to look and they'll continue to push that "idea" we like it or not, even more so as long as Modern has a PT and as long as MaRo believes that Modern as a format gets solved the moment a PT happens and needs to get an overhaul that would screw up the established decks and meta.
>>
>>51663755
Im not saying no ban list is needed im saying theyve gone overboard and banned the diversity out of the format
>>
File: Wascally_5ac3fb_6161734.jpg (96KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wascally_5ac3fb_6161734.jpg
96KB, 512x768px
I really like my lgs desu. Nobody brings a tier 1 deck and it's fucking fantastic. No Tron, now GBx, no burn, no affinity. Just tier 2 shit and it's the best. Nobody really runs aggro either, it's just a bunch of brows facing off with tier 2 decks, combo and control mostly. It's really fun, and I love it. People who bring burn to fnm are autistic btw.
>>
>>51663850
Sorry but I enjoy the competitive aspect and decks in modern. If I wanted to play casual jank I would and I do. But when I go out to play modern I want to play competitively
>>
It's literally just this one idiot posting over and over. This is pathetic
>>
>>51663873
That's what tourneys and time between rounds is for desu. Tier 2 decks are still competitive, no one is playing zombie tribal.
>>
>>51663796
Those decks were problematic and actually hurt diversity though anon, they dominated the format and pushed every other deck out. Trust us we know what's best for you and the modern format, which we test extensively btw.
>>
>>51663850
Nice blog post, friend. +1 upboat

t. Burn Player
>>
>>51663929
>he brings his same 40 Lightning Bolt deck to fnm every single week
Sad!
>>
>>51663951
>he doesn't want to win

Sad!
>>
>>51663850
>n-no don't bring good decks to fnm I won't be able to play my Fungus tribal ;_;
>hating on burn of all things
Sure enough as soon as the OP changed we get casual shitters in the thread.

Take note future OP
>>
Anyone try an Esper Geist list? I'm thinking Geist, a couple Spell Quellers/Resto Angels and then a whole bunch of counter spells and hand discard as additional protection
>>
How is twin still banned? fucking bridge and torpor orb were already a thing and there is that kaladesh echantment that gives lifes when the exarch/pestermites start comming in.
>>
WHEN IS SPOILER SEASON FOR MMA2017
>>
>>51664283
Got your spoilers right here senpai
>snap mythic
>lili mythic
>bolt mythic
>path mythic
>goblin guide mythic
>draft chaff
No need to thank me for the insider info senpai
>>
>>51663686
I'm the guy earlier doing the shitpost about wizards inability to make good banlist. I think you have to kill every top deck for jank to be viable or not ban anything. Every single format will always have "the best deck" and you have to just deal with it, but what absolutely busts my balls is the fact that they went around killing one by one the most popular deck before pro tour. What the hell is point of killing one deck and leave 6 other same level deck around, when, like you said, those will make sure timmy's shitty jank will not be able to compete anyway.

It was fucktard move to delete competitive decks from field.

>>51663755
That's the thing, if only they had a fucking idea what they want. Wizards decisions are always clusterfuck and they never are in the same page internally.

>>51663904
"Look at me, this is not shitpost, I swear"

>>51663928
kek
>>
>>51664296
>he thinks they'll reprint snap
>he thinks they'll reprint lily
>he thinks bolt, path and guide won't be lottery cards and will be just mythics
wishful thinking.
>>
>>51664317
Why bother making things complicated. Just put tarmo to mythic and everything else can be good old EDH jank(tm). They will sell well for 9.99$ a pack.

I didn't touch MM2 draft, because it seemed like complete garbage. Was it any good?
>>
>>51664317
No senpai they won't do that because then people won't buy them. The lottery cards are fetches which they never actually print, they just say they did. WotC doesn't want to hurt the secondary market, were going to have hidden rarities on every good card, to help the draft environment of the set stay healthy and enjoyable.
>>
What does better vs Bant Eldrazi/control heavy meta, GW or GB Tron?
>>
>>51664422
>people won't buy shit with lottery cards
You underestimate the carrot principle
>hurt secondary market
Secondary market profits from lottery cards and so does WotC
>he believes WotC cares about draft environment when most boxes are opened by single sellers
"draft environment" is an excuse to get away with reprinting shitty cards at lower rarities and "OP" cards at Mythic rarities ("OP" meaning cards that people need to play in Modern).

Let us be honest here - we could almost unanimously agree on having a single shitty to draft set every ~2 years, just to get the cards we actually need cheaper, for playing multiple times a week.
>>
>>51664360

No, MM2 was hot garbage to draft. One of the worst experiences. Overpriced, tons of bulk rares, and very weak """"synergy"""" cards. It was why a lot of people were surprised Eternal Masters (and Conspiracy 2) was actually fun to draft, people thought Wizards straight up couldn't create fun limited sets anymore.
>>
>>51664995
The real question is - can WotC ever again create a standard environment that is at least remotely close to enjoyable?

Most people, including myself are very certain that the answer is, indeed - No, never again.
>>
>>51664995
It sometimes feels like they manage to make good draft set only by accident. I honestly believe the issue is so many cards being so conditioned on specific scenario, that it makes most cards outright unplayable, hence limits the plausible lines to draft your deck. From testing innistrad cube, most of things work together in weird ways making it a lot more interesting than many other sets I've seen.
>>
>>51665112
And anyway personally cubes have been superior to any draft set I've tried. It's liberating when you have 15 viable cards without single outright garbage card.
>>
>>51664995
>drafting mongooses
>playing with them after so many years
Was worth the money...
>>
>>51665112
>innistrad
Literally the best set in magic. I still love invisible stalker, wish there was a plae for him in constructed,
>>
>>51661946
Check out mtggoldfish dot com for some decklists with prices - $200 & $300 competitive, tier decks do exist
>>
>>51665112
old innistrad?
>>
>>51665415
Yes, I haven't tried drafting the newer sets in a while. Heard some of them were ok.

But I just like cube more for now.
>>
>>51664283
Like 5 weeks before release so end of Feb. Wizards trying to hide it and not build up any hype because they hate Modern even though players much prefer modern to standard
>>
>>51664662
Post lists
>>
>>51664283
Set comes out on march 17th, spoilers start 2 weeks prior so should be 3rd/4th of march. I expect they will prob reveal a couple cards at the upcoming duo modern gp weekend in a weeks time though.
>>
>>51662227
>You need fetchlands and shock lands
Man, if I had the cash...
>Fathless looting
Now this is interesting, I mostly use the charm for draws anyways
Mizzium I'm not so sure. I already have apostle which works for both protection and damage, but well I could try it
>>51662263
>stormchaser
Looks like a slower swiftspear with flying. Not sure if worth it
>Blistercoil Wierd
I don't get it. I attack with it, then I play an instant and I attack with it again? Looks like a combo piece, but I again I don't know what to cut. At one mana his competiton is swiftspear and she is just amazing at what she does
>Clout
Looks useful, especially the red side to give the kilns haste, but again I don't know what to cut.
>>51662281
>Rift Bolt is really bad
Why? It's basically another lighting bolt. It's there mostly to survive and clean the board in turn 3 so that I can drop my hand and go ham. It's slow I guess.
>Manamorphose
I debated what expensive card I should buy: probes or manamorphose. Probes won me in the end, wizard fucked me in the ass.
Useful for sure, I will get them at some point too.
>thing in the ice
It's like ten bucks, not exactly budget friendly. I like it a lot though, maybe for my birthday.
>>51663508
Dunno who you are but you ain't me buddy

Also, on a different note, I looked at a goryo revenge/through the breach deck and it make me salivate. There isn't a budget variant right?
>>
>>51665187

But anon! MM2 had commons like Simic Initiate! GET HYPED!
>>
>>51665601
>It's like ten bucks, not exactly budget friendly.

Not anymore, it's like $3.25 now.
>>
>>51665601
>another lightning bolt
No, it's way worse. It's sorcery speed, and costs 3 if you need it now instead of one turn later. What exactly is it doing anyway? Do you plan to deal 3 damage to your opponent? Or maybe kill a creature? There are better options for both.

>manamorphose
I'm glad we agree on this one. Kinda sucks that probe was banned to hurt another deck and ended fucking this one over.

You seem to be on a really tight budget, god damn. A $10 card is like candy for me but I feel guilty for buying cards
>>
>goyf is under $100 for the first time in years

What does it mean, /modern/? Is it because of Fatal Push? Is it because Modern is getting the boot from the World Cup? Is it because people are expecting it to be reprinted again? Is it getting outclassed by other "value" creatures? Are we going to see people panic-selling?
>>
>>51665665
Shit, you are right, playset for 20 bucks. I swear to god a month ago it was 40, what the hell happened?
>>51665677
>What exactly is it doing anyway?
Honestly I mostly use it to clear the board of the typical small creatures and early threats that everyone plays like the birds, the nobles, dark confidants and the thopter. I don't know any other spells like that, electrolyze looks too slow for my deck and I don't see the point of doing two damage. Lava spike doesn't help me clear if I need to. Anger of the gods looks tempting but it's as slow as electrolyze and it kills everything which fucks up my game plan
> really tight budget
You betcha. Living alone costs a shit ton and I'm just a poorfag from a poorfag family. I actually started my deck as a delver one with mana leak and stuff like these, but it didn't work well enough without a proper manabase and snapcasters. If I had the cash I would build so many decks.
> feel guilty for buying cards
man, if you enjoy it then waste away.
>>
>>51663291
Why does toyota make priuses? There's a market for them, just like there's a market for high end cars. Magic is really open game that almost anyone can enjoy, but if you're complaining that its not fun because your kitchen table deck can't compete in modern its your fault for not playing the right format for you. Try edh or pauper.
>>
>>51665781
All of the above
>>
>>51665601
Fetchland and shock just make sure you don't fail to get right colors. They are necessary for multicolored decks, but as you are in izzet color you are fucked. Those lands are expensive. I would advice you to get fetches, since they are what you will always need. Honestly should be priority number 1 before going for anything else worth some bucks. Technically spirebluff canal would be better without fetches, but overall usability....

I don't recommend blistercoil. It gets pumped all right, but it's pretty mediocre compared to swiftspear. Stormchaser is good, you are not giving it a credit for it's flying AND haste. Both of which you want with prowess.

I kind of like clout as well. You have plenty to cut.

Rift bolt is bad because your opponent has way too much time to make sure your rift bolt is doing minimal value. Ideally it does what you want, in reality you are not one to choose. And 3cmc mode for 3damage isn't so good.

I don't think faithless is a thing for your deck. You lose 1 card in casting it, what you really don't want.

Thing in the ice needs some build around to be a thing.
>>
>>51663755
There is no modern PT you ingrate.
>>
>>51665781

Don't forget that WOTC fucked up so badly that they created a market for Chinese counterfeits.
>>
File: gameception.png (304KB, 449x313px) Image search: [Google]
gameception.png
304KB, 449x313px
>>51662570
plz respond
>>
>>51665622
Are you okay, anon? I am worried about you for even knowing/remembering such things...
>>
>>51665846
>I swear to god a month ago it was 40, what the hell happened?

It almost hit $20 during "pre release hype," but as no breakout decks used Thing in standard, the price has been slowly declining.
>>
>>51665781
>panic selling because sponsors for Worlds and some of the more poor 2ndary market are unloading unneeded goyfs in preparation for MM3 by dropping the price by 5$ tops
This is why people believe a "buyout" of any single reserved list card is even possible. This is why we have blood moons with more than enough playsets for every modern and non-modern player out there being a fucking 50 bucks card.

God it's so easy to make a profit with Magic community, it never follows "supply/demand", it follows fucking trends like lemmings... "OMG THIS CARD WAS IN TOP8, I MUST HAVE IT" and sellers just rub their hand and increase the price, because they know people will still fucking buy it, just because by now everyone is so used to cardboard being expensive - they don't even question it, while supply is fucking endless for Modern-shit, because more than half the fucking printed product isn't even opened and just laying around as an "investment"...
>>
>>51665930
There isn't anymore, but it MaRo admitted himself that PT results used to influence banned list changes.
>>
>>51666048
Im just waiting for the day the whole bubble pops. When "collectors" and "investors" realize they can't sit on cardboard forever and sell out. And once a few start, it's all downhill from there as everyone sells out to recoup their "Investments" and the entire secondary market crashes.

I don't even care if I "lose" all the money I've spent on this game. It's a hobby and I consider my enjoyment of the game worth whatever money I put in. But the crash will happen, just probably not soon enough.
>>
>>51664985
You are aware that post isn't serious right? Hell every post in that chain is just mocking wotc retarded choices with the masters set.
>>
>>51666114
It will, not on all the sets and cards - but definitely on most. Won't kill the game though and for that reason alone I couldn't care less how soon or late it happens as any hobby is costly and I've long accepted that I'm paying big bucks for cardboard.
>>
>>51659805
>Dead format general
So does that mean I can bring back splinter twin and fully powered modern dredge now that WoTC can't do shit to enforce inexistant rules now?
>>
>>51666114
It would only pop if magic stops growing. Which is a bad thing if you like to play magic. Why can't you understand cause and effect?
>>
>>51666272
>inexistant
You're retarded on so many levels
>>
>>51666272
Jesus, you standard players sure don't have much brain power.
>>
File: 1485578291569.jpg (29KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
1485578291569.jpg
29KB, 500x445px
>he still plays modern
Why haven't you moved on to the superior format aka Frontier? Hell, even standard has been more fun that modern currently and that really says something about Wizards because standard is usually shit.

There's a reason that Modern got shafted in the last announcement and it's because the format is dead and shittier than it's ever been.
>>
>>51665929
Faithless is good in Izzet but only max 2 of them.

Since even with fetches sometimes you can still draw lots of lands or your protections spells which usually you need one in hand depending on matchup.
>>
>>51666462
Weak bait
>>
Speaking of U/R how do I improve this deck? Especially the sideboard.
h8 'n' r8

Land (18)
2x Bloodstained Mire
2x Flooded Strand
2x Island
3x Mountain
1x Polluted Delta
3x Spirebluff Canal
2x Steam Vents
3x Wooded Foothills
Instant (19)
3x Lightning Bolt
3x Mizzium Skin
4x Mutagenic Growth
3x Rush of Adrenaline
3x Temur Battle Rage
3x Titan's Strength
Creature (12)
4x Delver of Secrets Flip
4x Kiln Fiend
4x Monastery Swiftspear
Sorcery (11)
1x Artful Dodge
2x Faithless Looting
4x Serum Visions
4x Slip Through Space
Sideboard (15)
2x Apostle's Blessing
3x Brute Force
3x Dispel
3x Turn Aside
4x Vapor Snag
>>
>>51666326
>>51666379
Who's gonna enforce the rules now, eh fuccboi? Modern is not a healthy format like Legacy and wizards have left for greener pastuers.
>>
>>51666613
Very creature light - weak against control or if you're on D.

A playset of Young Pyromancers between the main and the board will be a huge boost.

Probably some dedicated silver bullets and anti control cards in the SB - Bedlam Reveller against control, smash to smithereens, tormod's crypt etc
>>
>>51666925
2x Pyromancer
3x Brute Force(thinking of moving this mainboard instead of Rush)
2x Dispel
1x Turn Aside
3x Smash to Smithereens
2x Crypt
2x Reveler
3x Vapor Snag

yay/nay? Since I got most of these except for Revelers, but those I can even borrow from a friend for testing.
>>
Anyone got any sweet Affinity tech for Copenhagen? Currently running full 4 Champions + 1 Master main with 2 grudge 2 grid 1 whipflare 1 dismember 1 spellskite 2 spell pierce 1 bitterblossom 1 cage 1 surgical 1 blood moon 1 chalice 1 sea gate wreckage in the side.
>>
>>51667059
Looks good, just need some GY interaction. Swap a vapor snag or 2 for a tormod's crypt or relic of progenitus
>>
>>51667118
Pia's Revolution
. Hilarious with ravager and opponents get caught of guard.

Opponent on 6 life Ravager, Revolution and 2 0cmc creature on the field. Sac until ravager hits for lethal.

Bot sure if too cute or actually good against removal heavy decks
>>
File: 1450394799223.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450394799223.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>51667126
Got it.

Thanks senpai.
>>
>>51667118
>Bitterblossom sideboard
I like this, I'm going to take it.
>>
>>51659852
It's pretty mind-boggling that they banned one of the most interactive decks in the format desu. I really miss it; the format is worse without it.
>>
>>51660989
>>51661044
I thought Terminate was the most important card to get from black. I really liked having removal for creatures that I couldn't bolt to death easily.
>>
>>51661061
>I personally always felt that jeskai twin was the way to go back before the ban.
>Helix gives you the option to simply burn out your opponent, and path is always good.
I tried it Jeskai Twin and it was okay. Then Khans got printed and Grixis Twin seemed a lot more powerful to me.
>>
can anyone tell me about how sources work in magic?
For cards lie Burrenton Forge-Tender and deflecting palm, is a source literally anything or does it have to be in play/on the stack
For instance can anger be chosen by forge-tender before it has been cast and can palm choose emrakul when there is no emrakul in play or on the stack?
>>
>>51667901
They have to either target the creature before combat damage or spell while it is on the stack.
>>
>>51667504
It's ridiculously good pumping fliers for Signal Pest and carrying Plating if they don't have Staticaster, doesn't give a fuck about Stony Silence either and Grixis can't remove it without EE.
>>
File: fuckinstormcrow.png (146KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinstormcrow.png
146KB, 800x597px
>>51665941
ive got storm crows
>>
>>51666114
There's going to be no crash. It might utterly shit the bed but nothing is going to just outright die over a month.

It will be like a person dying of asbestos-in-lungs. It will linger for years as the fibers slowly shred your lungs to pieces gasping all the way until they stop working.

By that time everyone will have had enough time to liquidate and only the idiots will be left holding product thinking the marketplace is going to come back. 20 years from now some 10-year-old is going to get married and they're going to have a nostalgia draft. The death of this game is going to take years.
>>
What deck do I buy to stomp modern leagues on mtgo? I've got a budget of 30$ for a base, and my parents give me 5$ a week after that. Any deck I could have up and running in 3 weeks?
>>
>>51668289
No such deck exists.

The leagues are often serious shit. The raw power money buys is necessary.
>>
File: 1486199207575.jpg (12KB, 542x416px) Image search: [Google]
1486199207575.jpg
12KB, 542x416px
So my local community has essentially stopped playing standard constructed all together. While they still play draft and sealed, getting anyone, even for a casual game of constructed, is almost impossible.

Instead of fighting it, I thought I'd try just playing some modern and see what I think. I have some prejudices against the format (Winning on turn 2, infinite combos, stuff like that) but perhaps some of them are untrue, or not as bad as they seem.

What would be your top advice for a player coming into modern from standard constructed?
>>
>>51668565
>Top advice
Learn the Meta-game. And stop being a casual and complaining about turn 2 wins and infinite combos
>>
>>51667901
There is a rules thread up right now, this very second. Why didn't you ask there?
>>
>>51668565
What card pool do you have?
What decks/styles/archetypes do you like to play?
Check out decks on mtggoldfish dot com
Accept that you're better off paying the 300 or 500 or whatever for a complete deck rather than trying to piece together a shitty budget version and wondering why it always gets smashed
Shop around. Anecdotally i have found the cheapest to be people selling complete decks on facebook mtg groups
>>
>>51668565
>turn 2 wins
Wew
>infinite combos
Most are jank as hell, get gud

My advice would be to sell your standard shit before it loses value and look into investing into a modern deck of your choice once you get some knowledge about the format. Don't be intimidated by the seemingly higher price tag, a ton of cards are interchangeable between decks and some will even go up in value.
>>
>>51668565
Also, enjoy not having to get any new cards for years unless tou want to & even then you can poach them from drafters and standard fags for cheap because of rotations
>>
>>51660220
It was a lot more fun to tempo people out with Twin instead of the combo. Shame the deck had to go, but oh well.
>>
>>51660701
Personally, I preferred the Grixis Twin deck. Tasigur just helped the deck in the tempo department. Plus K command and Snap is so good.
>>
>>51667629
Grixis control wishes it was grixis twin.
>>
>>51668830
>What card pool do you have?
I have a medium assortment of cards from every set from Shards up until now, with the exception being the Innistrad and Khans blocks, since I disliked the meta created by those.

>What decks/styles/archetypes do you like to play?
I like slow control type decks. The closest to what my "ideal" playstyle would be would be Esper back when Shards of Alara was standard.

Right now I'm considering playing an infect deck, Mutagenic Growth, Groundswell, and Blighted Agent. Stuff like that.
>>
>>51668985
You didn't like turn 2 wins so you're playing infect?
>>
>>51669028
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
>>
>>51669039
Be prepared to have a hate boner for spot removal
>>
>>51668985
The only legit control deck is lantern control. Uwr, scapeshift etc just dont cut it
>>
>>51669102
Lantern is a prison deck you noob
>>
>>51669236
>'X' CONTROL deck isnt a control deck

Wew lad
>>
>>51669277
>it has control in the name
>therefore it is contorl
It is literally the definition of a prison deck kys.
>>
>>51669296
I can't tell if you're baiting, but on the off chance you arent, Lantern is a control deck. It controls how the game plays out, it just happens to be PROACTIVE control rather than REACTIVE control (Like Esper Draw- Go).

Prison and Control are not mutually exclusive. Also, prison isn't an archetype you fucking mongoliod.
>>
>>51669296
People who developed the deck and the people who are most successful with it, Zac Elsik, Sam Black etc all call it a control deck, why isnt it called Lantern Prison?

Kys
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480319453879.jpg (35KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480319453879.jpg
35KB, 960x480px
>>51669330
Spot on cob
>>
>>51669296
prison is one of main types of control
>>
>>51669336
Actually the people who developed the deck along with elsik label it as a prison/combo deck.

As for sam black
>This weekend I played Lantern Control to a 12-3 finish at Grand Prix Indianapolis. I wasn't intending to write about the deck, but I think I might have gotten more requests on Twitter to talk about this than anything else I've ever played, so I figured I'd oblige.

Let me preface with a brief description of what Lantern Control is and how it works for those who might still be unfamiliar:

Lantern Control is a prison deck, a strategic archetype that was fairly common in Magic in the 1990s, but which we almost never see in the current era because there's been a shift in design of Magic away from printing spells that make it difficult for your opponent to play the game.

Taken from one of his articles
>>
>>51669450
So of the 3 established archetypes; aggro, combo and control, which one does it fall under?
>>
>>51669581
It falls between combo and control leaning
towards control. Doesn't mean it isn't a prison deck like
>>51669277
is suggesting.
>>
File: fun.jpg (219KB, 939x518px) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
219KB, 939x518px
>-2 saheeli on snapcaster to flashback dispel and protect my combo
standard decks are neat
>>
// Deck: Rob'ts (60)

// Lands
4 Blinkmoth Nexus
4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Glimmervoid
4 Inkmoth Nexus
1 Mountain

// Creatures
4 Arcbound Ravager
2 Etched Champion
2 Master of Etherium
4 Memnite
4 Ornithopter
4 Signal Pest
4 Steel Overseer
4 Vault Skirge

// Spells
4 Cranial Plating
3 Galvanic Blast
4 Mox Opal
4 Springleaf Drum

// Sideboard
SB: 2 Ancient Grudge
SB: 1 Blood Moon
SB: 1 Dismember
SB: 2 Etched Champion
SB: 1 Ghirapur Æther Grid
SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 1 Gut Shot
SB: 1 Sea Gate Wreckage
SB: 1 Spellskite
SB: 2 Stubborn Denial
SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 1 Whipflare

Deck i am going to play at upcoming GP.

Thoughts? Would like to squeeze some thoughtseizes in to the board
>>
>playing junk against grishoalbrand
>I IoK him turn 1 both times
>he nuts off turn 2
>I board in hate, get a scooze
>IoK into scooze
>at thus point, there's no way he could possibly get the exact card he needs
>he gets exactly what he needs, plays borborygmos, gets 3 lands, and drops exactly 5 lands he needs to kill me
HOW THE FUCK DOES SOMEONE GET THAT LUCKY TWICE AFTER GETTING THEIR HAND DISRUPTED BOTH TURN 1s

FUCK
>>
>>51669837
>beating up on some shitty UG polymorph deck
So this is the power of standard.....
>>
>>51669839
I'd trade out a Blast for a Thoughtcast. I often like to squeeze a singleton Welding Jar into the main.

I prefer Relic over Tormod's. And Thoughtsieze is sweet against a ton of decks. Not a fan of the Gut Shot or Dismember in the side... what are those even for? Infect?
>>
Is it autistic to post irl shots of your decks here?
>>
>>51670080
this is autism general, so post it.
>>
>>51670080

People do it all the time. Some people mastered the spread
>>
>>51669969
Yeah, gut shot is mainly for infect, but have found it useful in other matchups too.

Happy to drop dismember for something else. I too like a welding jar in the main. Not sold on thoughtcast though. It is great when i cast it, but am always quick to side it out
>>
So, just to fuck around with it, I sided in the gitrog monster into my Jund deck. Surprisingly does really good in the mirror and against other grindy decks, anyone else have any luck with him or am I just retarded? Really though he was just out valuing my opponent like a mother fucker, and he eats fucking everything in modern
>>
File: DnT.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
DnT.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>51670080
Not if you take a good picture
>>
>>51669330
If prison isn't an archetype then what the fuck is MUD, stax, workshop variants in Vintage?
>>
>>51670370
Archetypes are aggro, control, combo, tempo, midrange, and so on. They're gameplans, not decks. This is what the word "deck" exists for, Mr Hagon.
>>
>>51669914
>playing discard spells
>not packing pithing needle in the year 20XXad
>>
>>51670384
>Lantern Control is a prison deck, a strategic archetype
>implying your autistic definition of archetype is correct
Prison is an archetype senpai, you can't just jam everything into those four categories and sub-categories such as aggro-control, combo-control etc.
>>
>>51669915
Here I am taking down grixis delver
He took all my saheeli's with discard so I had to take him to value town
I beat tron yesterday too but I didn't take a picture
>>
>>51670237
Seems good in theory, but i wouldnt want to flip it off of a bob
>>
>>51670501
You play any Esper control today senpai? Might've played against you.
>>
>>51670462
Actually, every deck can be included under the 3 definitons aggro, combo and control
>>
>>51670581
Those are the most basic way of describing things though and are nowhere near as informative compared to more expanded definitions.
>>
>>51670545
That's true, but you typically you don't bring it into games where flipping it is just gonna lose you the gane
>>
>>51670546
Not today in my timezone at least. Yesterday I played against esper control and got beat pretty hard
>>
One of my friends will always play a deck that counters my deck I bring to fnm every week

The only time I've beaten him was when I didn't tell him I was bringing a proxied Jund deck. Otherwise, he will ALWAYS pick a deck that highly favors him if we get matched up.

How do I call him out on his bullshit?
>>
>>51670384
You didn't answer my question.

What archetype do fucking MUD, stax, workshop variants, etc in Vintage do fall under?
>>
>>51670807
>How do I call him out on his bullshit?
Use your words
>>
>>51670807
You tell him you bring X, so you know he'll take Y(which beats X), then instead of taking X - you take Z(which beats Y).

You're welcome.
>>
>>51670666
Lol. You sound like the type of person who believes there are more than 2 genders
>>
File: Metalworker.jpg (61KB, 390x313px) Image search: [Google]
Metalworker.jpg
61KB, 390x313px
>>51670370
>>51670830
As someone who plays MUD stax in legacy I find your posts offensive and ignorant. MUD decks are artifact based decks and refer to the old artifact card border that was brown, hence the name mud. Stax is a prison style deck that relies on locking your opponent out with cards like trinisphere, sphere of resistance, and abusing symmetrical effects like tanglewire and smokestack, where the strategy get it name. Shops is the name of the MUD Stax deck in vintage that uses Mishra's Workshop to easily cast Artifacts. So in the same post you have confused a decks color, play style, and a specific deck deck. Kys

Prison is a control style that relies on locking out your opponent, as fast as possible. It relies on proactively answering your opponent's, rather than reactively answering them. I think Prison is the purest form of control, because you don't have to rely on card draw to refill your hand and can focus more on CONTROLLING the gamestate
>>
>>51670930
>implying I approve of that mentally ill tumblr shit
Archetypes are more similar to Taxonomy than gender.
>>
>>51670830
They can be built in different ways - ravager shops is an aggro/control deck
Metalworker MUD is a combo deck
>>
>>51670986
Does the word "Pulverize" trigger you just as hard?
>>
>>51671094
No, but i am buttmad that eldrazi basically made my deck unplayable. My miracles MU is so strong too. A turn 1 chalice on 1 triggered so many brainstorm players.
>>
>>51670986
>As someone who is this and that
>in this and that
>I find your post offensive and ignorant
>*insert explanation why I am so triggered and you should check your privilege*

As someone who doesn't give a fuck in Vintage I find your opinion meaningless and arguing over semantics - a waste of time.

But just to rustle your jimmies - Workshops and Stax in Vintage are 2 different decks :')
>>
>>51671248
You're the guy who tried being a smartass, but got smacked down. And in Magic semantics is very important. Take the judge call last week as an example. And no it doesn't rustle my james's, because you are, for all intents and purposes, correct. So be gald you learned something today, move on, and stop posting try the mox opal ban if you want to troll this thread
>>
>tfw your Tron opponent takes 2 minutes moving through each phase
I can hear his heavy mouth breathing through my pc
>>
Nothing makes me more unrationally mad than a deck that takes multiple turns or combat phases in a row and manages to always pull exactly what it needs to keep going even though it has a small chance to make it work every time.
>>
I need help, guys.

Can more than 1 creature block one attacking creature? Rule 509.1a States [For each of the chosen creatures, the defending player chooses one creature for it to block that’s attacking him, her, or a planeswalker he or she controls.]

This means that if I only attack with one creature only one creature can block it, right? And if I attack with two creatures then two creatures can block, but only one each, ad infinitum, right?
>>
>>51671385
It's called tilting, son. You'll get used to it.
>>
>>51671414
Jesus christ. Go to the Ask A Judge thread. Does this seem like this is an appropriate thread for you?
>>
>>51671414
One can block a single creature with any number of creatures he or she chooses to. People call it "chump blocking".

Ladies and gents: Daily Modern players difficulties in Creatures: The Tappening.
>>
>>51671414
No. As long as the blocker is legal, any amount of creatures can block a single attacker.
>>
>>51670501
kiki jiki, sun titan, or leyline of anticipation might be interesting
>>
>>51671444
>>51671440
Don't encourage him
>>
>>51671440
>Guy has a rule question
>asks on the first thread he sees on the board
>"God, is everyone here this stupid?"
>>
>>51671432
It sure as hell seems to me that it's appropriate thread to ask this shit.

Kitchen Table has less difficulties with basic parts of game than an average Modern player.

So why not just move such questions to this thread? One could update the OP to include similar shit as well.
>>
>>51671334
>ban mox opal
>troll
>implying opal shouldn't be banned
>implying pros don't agree that it's a disgusting card vintage level vard
Same black on mox
>Mox Opal is among the absolute best cards in the game. Few decks can really use it, but when you can, it's literally better than the original five Moxes; this is a Vintage-only power-level card
Brian demars on Opal
>Mox Opal clearly breaks all the rules of mana production. If Chrome Mox is banned because it's too good, well, Opal is even better than Chrome Mox.

I can pull up more but I don't really feel like it.
Everyone in this thread is retarded for thinking this shit is balanced and that it isn't contributing to the toxic metagame right now. Also the fact that when someone had a dissenting opinion they chalked it up to trolling rather than seeing that the person was correct.

>inb4 assmad vintage fags get pedantic
>>
>>51671457
Nobody said he's stupid - he is inexperienced and even went so far as to actually look up rules and got confused.

Props to him - Doesn't mean the rest can't have fun on his and the threads behalf.
>>
>>51671466
The Vintage comments always tilt me, even when I know this is trolling.
>>
>>51671501
>implying sam black was trolling in that article
>implying it isn't STRICLY better than the og moxen
>>
>>51671523
Not today, old friend, not today.

Well, maybe in next thread...
>>
>>51671463
Because this isn't the casual thread. This is the modern thread. A format where people spend $2000 on cardboard. You should already know how to play. There is a thread made specificly for asking rules questions up right now
>>
>>51671541
But Anon, Modern is a casual format... There's no PT's left.
>>
>>51671682
Then legacy is casual as well
>>
While we're talking about banning things, can we ban simian spirit guide?

It makes for disgusting things like cheerios, ad nauseum, and instant reanimator a thing.
>>
>>51672391
why would you use SSG in cheeri0s? The only thing it can help cast is sram. Puresteel, retract are both colored mana costs, and if you're at 20 storm for grapeshot you'll have moxes already. No lists I've seen are running it.
>>
>>51672410
Fuck you faggot
>>
File: SSG.jpg (51KB, 419x305px) Image search: [Google]
SSG.jpg
51KB, 419x305px
>>51672424
Say that to me in the jungle not online, see what happens fucker
>>
>>51672453
REEEEEEEEEE FUCKING MONEY DUNK CHIMP EXILING FUCK
>>
>>51672476
t. Tron player
>>
>>51672725
Red isnt supposed to have fast mana and rituals are bullshit. Why are you fucking playing cards like that, they werent intended to be in the game!
>>
>>51672938
>Red isnt supposed to have fast mana
agreed, lotus petal reprint when? gotta make it fair to the other colors
>>
>>51672938
>red isnt supposed to have fast mana

Mox Ruby
Rite of Flame
Desperate Ritual
Pyretic Ritual
Seething Song
Etc etc
>>
>>51672960
>half of it is banned in modern
>>
>>51672960
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51661946
I went 2-2 with a shitty mindcrank dusamtle guildmage combo deck. Its cheap, try that.

Just run the combo, transmute and cheap hand disruption
>>
>>51660701
with olivia-fuckin-voldaren in the side me boyos
>>
Got my playset of snapcasters today. What's the best modern blue meme deck for it?
>>
>>51673712
Grixis Control or Delver, preferably the former.
>>
JUST
>>
So the bannings killed both Dredge and Infect. Didn't expect that desu.
>>
>>51674248
Didnt kill them, just took them down peg. UR Storm on the other hand... along with the fragile kiln fiend, blistercoil weird, thing in the ice type decks

Also effected Suicide Zoo. Nothing like banning Splinter Twin from UR Twin though.

With Dredge, Golgari thug is a substitute for grave troll, albeit a poor one. Deck will be well positioned to take advantage of people cutting down on sideboard hate.

Infect becomes less reliable and slower to fuel out Become Immense, still fine though
>>
>>51671466
Mox Opal, a card that allows to play 1/1s on the first turn ( Arcbound Ravager and Steel Overseer) and allows 2/2 or X/X on the second turn ( Etched Champion and Master of Etherium), on a format where you can put a 4/5 at the second turn in most decks.
A card that requires the deck to be built around it forcing it to use one of the worst creatures in the format (1/1s and 0/2), creatures so weak they are standard level. Try to top deck them and tell me how would you feel.
> Even the pros said it should be banned.
All this shit storm started because of them, the pro-tour and the "diverse Meta" is what started to kill modern. The only reasonable ban was Eye of Ugins because it allowed 12-14 mana at turn 1 (on the play- on the draw), but the rest felt like backsteps on what the population wanted for Modern.
>>
How do you beat breach titan as grixis?
>>
>>51674348
Remand
>>
>>51674351
They breach on your end step
>>
>>51674287
>With Twin, Kiki Jiki is a substitute for twin, albeit a poor one. Deck will be well positioned to take advantage of people cutting down on sideboard hate.
>>
>>51674579
maybe if bolt beat dredge this would be a comparable argument
>>
>>51674579
The difference between dredging 4 and dredging 6 is noticeable, but not enough to slow the deck down by much.
If wizards knew what they were doing, they would've banned prized amalgam.
>>
>>51674591
I mean kiki had his advantages too, doesn't die to decay, and if he stays on the board, you can run it again, It's not like it was a strict downgrade. And yeah, deredge is pretty much dead, look at the top 8s, it's taking the same path twin did. First some lists just straight up swapping kiki for twin, then some shifts, then completely dead.
>>
>>51675410
Dredge is fucking dead, lmao. My win rate against it with burn used to be about 50/50, winning 51.3% of matches, then it got banned and I have not lost a match in over 40 attempts lmao.
>>
>>51673712
2x in faeries :)
>>
>>51674579

kikichord fag detected, stop trying to make kiki happen, kiki will never happen
>>
Who engineered Explosives should I get? Price is not a concern.

Is the masterpiece nice looking?
>>
>>51676544
If your wallet doesn't care, always go for the bling
>>
File: Concern.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
Concern.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
Hey guys, what's the viability of Grim Flayer in GBx? I'm mainly asking because I'm ending my short stint in Standard and selling the majority of my cards to fund a 'big boy' deck in Modern, and I'd like to keep my playset (he's seems to be pretty good). Also, what's the best avenue to go about selling my cards?
>>
>>51677050
Buy into Legacy. Both formats are dead, and legacy is a lot more fun
>>
>>51677119
Would he be okay in BUG in Legacy?
>>
>>51677140
I dunno. I play MUD and manaless dredge
>>
Finally fully built dredge and played it for the first time last night at FNM. Holy shit actually playing the deck in paper tripped me up a lot. How do you other dredge players organize your graveyard or playing field?
>>
>>51677742
Lands at the bottom. Graveyard middle. Battlefield top.
>>
>>51677140
In Shardless? Where would he fit?
>>
>>51677963
I thought there was also BUG Delver variant? Anyway, that's beside the point. I'd still like to know if he has a place in Modern. And also a good place to sell my cards for near their current value.
>>
>>51677119
>modern is ded XD
Fuck off. Modern events are growing in numbers. Prices for modern staples are so high because nobody wants them? Ok bud.
Who cares if modern isn't the world cup? It's not the end of the world
>>
>>51678135
A quick search of Grim Flayer shows that he's been in 7 top 8 decks since his introduction, in Loam, Jund, and Shardless. Even in BUG Delver, he'd have to compete vs Goyf + DRS.

In Modern, he's in Jund and Junk, both of which are pretty good. Good luck with the goyfs
>>
>>51678136
Listen kiddo, as someone who went through the death of legacy i've heard your arguments before. And while people play it, it's never actually dead. But zero support from wizards and them acknowledging the failure of the format means the format is dead. Sure we might get Master sets, but there won't be any more modern matches on camera. Plus staples are starting to drop in price and attendance as a whole is trending downwards. So fuck off with your shit memes and grow up. Modern is dead.
>>
>>51678323
>acknowledging the failure of the format
Source required
>>
>>51677742
Graveyard closest to me like I'm revealing my "hand", then lands, then battlefield. I also organize my graveyard since it's legal in modern into piles of dredgers, creatures, flashbacks, lands and then the other cards.
>>
>>51678323
>fuck off with your shit memes
Which memes? Where are the memes?
>>
>>51678289
Thanks man. Kind was what I was looking at specifically, and I've already saving Goyf money.
>>
>>51678418
The article they just put out. Take a read.

>>51678471
Your entire post was a shitposting meme response. And if you can't recognize that, you might want to take a couple days off this site
>>
>>51678575
You're a fucking goof, 'kiddo'
Your reading comprehension is beyond shit and you're an angsty moron
>>
>>51678575
>we like what constructed brought to the table but we're going to shift back to standard
>modern is a failure and shit and we support it zero percent!
>>
Why are Legacyfags so obnoxious?
>>
>>51678863
They desperately need you to know their format is for the true thinkers. I don't know why but they are very insecure about their format.
I play both. Don't know why people have to choose one or the other aside from financial restraints
>>
What do you get when you cross Grixis and Jeskai?

Spicy memes.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-01-17-esper-geist/
Check em
>>
>>51678963
So it's just a pile of shit? There's something Grixis and Jeskai have in common, it starts with lightning and ends with bolt.
>>
>>51678863

It's just modern player false-flaggers. Nobody hates modern more than modern players, so they often pretend to be Standard/Frontier/Legacy players and "false flag" attack the format.
>>
>>51679342
Then explain the Legacyfags who do the same thing for Vintage and Pauper. It's just modern false flaggers right?

Legacy faggots are obnoxious as well as elitist and to top it off they have to shit up other threads for no reason.

see
>>51678863
>>
>>51679527
meant to link
>>51678885
>>
>>51660469
The reason why Standard sets are so shit these days is because WoTC is currently in the pocket of speculators
>>
File: 1482951631237.jpg (317KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482951631237.jpg
317KB, 700x1000px
>order kari zev's expertise to try in a flexible spot in living end
>fucking shit city who packed my order sent me kari zev, the creature
What am I supposed to do with this draft garbage?
>>
>>51679527
>do the same for vintage and pauper
Wrong. Fake news.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51034377 Nothing about Legacy being better
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51023717 Nothing here either
That was just this year
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/pauper/ In fact, go nuts.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/vintage/
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46088981/#46088981 Shit, here's the last standalone Vintage general, about 5 posts.

Interestingly enough, in the past 4 years, your little term of choice has only been used 40 times.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/Legacyfags/
Really odd that all of the same posts use the same condescending tone.

Before you bitch, I play EDH, Modern, and Legacy. I really really hope you haven't actually been autistic enough to go on an anti-legacy crusade for 4 years.
>>
Will they even fucking bann every single storm card? I'm fucking tired of playing against cheeri0s that either blow me out or die in two turns, this shit ain't fun.
>>
>>51680052
Holy fuck. The autism
>>
>>51680016
send them an email and tell them they fucked up.

also lol @ u for going to $tar city. I have some bananas I'll sell you for ten bucks since you're good with money.
>>
>>51661946

You can totally beat T1 decks in both a bugdet and homebrew but you will need to know what you are doing (which you are not). Still, a deck like that will probably have tons of bad matchups.

I think BW tokens is the most competitive fringe and bugdet deck
>>
>>51662227

Filtering is not a thing you casual cuck
>>
>>51662189

Anon, you are running 32 sorceries and instant in a blue aggro deck. Why the fuck arent you playing delver.
>>
>>51680155
I was using shit city as a general insult, I ordered from tcgplayer.
>>
>>51680311
It's really annoying when people look at some decks and consider them to be bad decks because "they are not tier1". And then you see things like merfolk or skred red winning big tournaments, because they all are well built decks and really competitive in certain metas.
>>
>>51680323
So you're telling me that by taking lands out of my deck I don't lower the chance of drawing a land?
Stay retarded
>>
>>51680052
>these threads on 4chan totally prove legacy faggots aren't obnoxious assholes
I've noticed that not just on here but other sites as well that it's always the legacy cunts that always bitch about how other formats just because they're not legacy. Hell you can even see it in some of the past legacy threads on here and how they act so condescending towards other formats.

>implying that I'm that same guy as your 4 year search
Yeah because using fags as a suffix is hardly exclusive to one person on 4chan go fuck yourself.

I have nothing against the format, I play Legacy along with Modern, Vintage and Pauper. However, I do have something against the elitist cunts that shit up other threads and shitalk other formats for no reason.

>inb4 you cherry pick archived threads to "prove" your point.
If you've been posting in these threads for longer than 3 months you'd have seen it multiple times in not only modern threads but others as well. Chalking it up to "false flags" to make some of those cunts look better just makes you look like an ass senpai.

>inb4 you didn't scour old archived threads so you're wrong
If you are actually going to go there I'd be more than happy to do so, but I'd rather not waste my time.

Nothing wrong with admitting that legacy has some obnoxious cunts that play it senpai.
>>
>>51680484

Holy shit what are statistics.
>>
File: 1461880820742.jpg (17KB, 225x240px) Image search: [Google]
1461880820742.jpg
17KB, 225x240px
>>51680485
>I've noticed that not just on here but other sites as well that it's always the legacy cunts that always bitch about how other formats just because they're not legacy.

You got any proof? Everyone whines about legacyfags, but no one wants to bring the evidence. If there's such a plethora of elitism, where's the links?

>If you are actually going to go there I'd be more than happy to do so, but I'd rather not waste my time.
>I could provide evidence but I'd rather not waste my time
>>
>>51680484
The impact fetchlands have as filtering lands out is minuscule.
>>
>>51671466
>this shit is balanced and that it isn't contributing to the toxic metagame right now

People can't think Modern globally. What is the reasoning behind the last modern bans ? What did wee see at the last worlds ?

If you ban X, meta will change and Y will be cancer and it's the same shit all over again.

Mox opal is OP because affinity is a thing; you don't want to ban Mox because of cheerios or lantern. People didn't want eye of ugin away because of tron.

I support the necessary bans but let's get real : everybody will always complain of something in this format because of it's structure.

If we follow ou desire of bans (Opal, simian, goryo...), one day we will reclaim the ban of goblin guide, urza's power plant, inquisition, ad nauseam...

The metagame will always seems toxic to someone, and you can't deal with it.
At least, 15 cards of sideboards and we should walk away with it a little bit.
>>
>>51680494
You tell me. Less lands means you have less chance to draw them
>>
>>51680642
>>51680675

Fetch is for fixing.

Next debate.
>>
>>51680781
Don't forget Grim Lavamancer.
>>
>>51680833
And Goyf. And delve. And delirium
>>
>>51677050
Card is legit. Keep it
>>
>>51680120
>I'm fucking tired of playing against cheeri0s that either blow me out or die in two turns, this shit ain't fun.
What deck are you playing that lacks removal and other answers?
>>
>>51661946
8Whack - mono red goblins. Sans goblin guides it will set you back about fifty bucks
>>
So should I spec on surgical extraction? It handles cheerios and can deal with tron, it just seems like a good answer to the fotm and will always be good until it gets banned. It combos well with bolt and thoughtseize on the draw also. What do you guys think?
>>
>>51680980
Cheerios mirrors
>>
>>51681049
Spec..... speculate? Buy into surgicals? After they increased their price ten times? I feel like you are missing a thing here. How does it deal with tron, tho?
>>
>>51681049
Yeah, card is really good in multiple formats. Good against dredge, lantern control, affinity etc as well
>>
>>51680893
Not to mention Searing blaze.
>>
>>51680833
>>51680893
>>51681170

It was about lands by themselves, the role in the manabase.
You can add revolt and blablabla.
>>
>>51681386
But what about baby Jace?
>>
>>51680634
>everyone whines about legacy fags but no one wants to bring evidence
You can look in this thread for some evidence but here are some links you autistic fuck

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51659805/#51663358
>Like being completely honest does anyone even have fun with Modern anymore? I used to love this format I really did and to clarify none of my decks have been banned so this isnt just salt speaking, but now its just so stale and dull. Id rather play Legacy

ITT
>Buy into Legacy. Both formats are dead, and legacy is a lot more fun

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51591573/#51638268
>The problem with Legacy is that people assume it's hideously expensive even when Modern and Standard bottleneck into "pay $1500 or lose." Any Modern deck running Tarmogoyf is already reaching Legacy levels of investment, and the cards are worse and subject to format-wide fluctuations that ruin decks.

I still can't wrap my head around why people would play bad decks in an underpowered format for a greater cost than it would take for them to buy into Legacy and have better decks in the format.

The main reason I haven't gotten back into Modern (or Standard, for that matter) is that the cards are artificially expensive and notably lackluster compared to Legacy staples. I don't have any desire to pick up a bunch of Ovalchase Dragsters when I could just win with Cabal Therapies

This one was in their containment thread but point still stands
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51591573/#51636646
> I hate how modern seems to be sucking even more people out of legacy. I just dont see the appeal at all. I mean, like as jumping off point bnefore you get into legacy maybe...idk. From what small amount of it I played it just feels like legacy with shit cards

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51370293/#51381765

I'll be back with more posts if I haven't killed myself for going through archives for your autistic ass.
>>
>>51681709
Except in that thread other legacy players tell why those points are bullshit. It's the same shit here as is in there.
>>
>>51681709
Hot off the presses
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51366466/#51373707
>Yes, WotC meddling fucked the format.
Not the fact that when you allow a huge mass of almost mentally challenged people into a room - problems happen.
Before modern, nobody ever complained about fetchlands making games "too long" and "not fun", because of shuffling.
Before modern, Engineered explosives, which was and still is being used in Legacy was $5. Now it costs fucking $40+, just because every faggot wants to try one out in a sideboard even if they play a mono-color just because they saw tourney lists with it in SB.
Have you seen Mishra's Bauble cost?
Modern's problem IS the fact that it's supposedly "most accessible" and "most newbie friendly" format.
If we take out landbase costs from both Legacy decks and Modern decks. Most fucking Legacy decks cost way less and that still including cards like LED's or FoW's.
You know why? Because we don't pay $3 to $5 for a fucking cantrip.
It's not even supply and demand. There's shit tons of supply of Modern-legal cards, but it's just so fucking easy to make money even with retarded price-jumps (see Golgari thug).
Because modern is again - a room full of almost mentally challenged people, who majority have no clue wtf they're doing.

>>51681812
The point isn't whether or not he's right dipshit, it's about proof that some of the legacy fags on this board can be obnoxious cunts towards anything that isn't legacy.

Everybody that frequents these threads has probably seen it at least once. Just admit you're wrong senpai we all know they can be obnoxious.
>>
>>51665601
>Looks useful, especially the red side to give the kilns haste, but again I don't know what to cut.
Take out the Titan's strength, thought scours and rift bolts
Add counter magic, more creatures like thing in the ice, delver, another bedlam reveler, or nivix cyclops and slip though space/distortion strike so you can count to 3 with your temur battle rage.
>>
File: tiresome.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
tiresome.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>>51681709
>demanding evidence to back your claims up is autism now
>>
>>51682040
>wanting links when anybody who has been in these threads for more than a week will have seen the legacy fags autism
kys
>>
>>51682004
>it's about proof that some of the legacy fags on this board can be obnoxious cunts towards anything that isn't legacy.
Prove that all those posts weren't actually made by you as a false-flag operation against the legacy community. Pro-tip: you can't.

Chill the fuck out. Every community has assholes, that doesn't mean that the entire community is made up of assholes.
>>
>>51682104
I never claimed the entire community was assholes you retard, I just wanted to know why some of the legacy fags like to shit up modern and other threads so much.

>Prove that all those posts weren't actually made by you as a false-flag operation against the legacy community. Pro-tip: you can't.
If you're actually this delusional you probably need to take your schizo meds. Why would anybody want to use a "false-flag operation" against a format? Makes absolutely no sense at all and I've said I have nothing against the format, just the cunts that seem to inhabit it on this site.
>>
>>51682187
>fags like to shit up modern and other threads so much.
Like you are right now?
>>
File: IMG_1459.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459.png
298KB, 600x512px
>Grove is $50 on TCGplayer
>my LGS has it marked for $75
>>
>>51682104
>Prove that all those posts weren't actually made by you as a false-flag operation against the legacy community. Pro-tip: you can't.
wew lad, don't you have a 9/11 conspiracy meeting to attend?
>>
>>51682004
>can be obnoxious cunts
Oh wow, really? The point was that every single fucking commune in the existence of human history has had and will always have assholes. Call it a news if you want, but fuck off.
>>
>>51682103
>relying entirely on word of mouth
>"you don't need actual evidence, just listen and believe"
>whines about preachy assholes when he himself is a preachy asshole white knighting a format he doesn't like
>explode with anger when forced to back his argument with facts like an adult

Oh yeah, I'm not actually >>51682104, you need to seriously get off 4chan for a bit and go outside. Hang out with friends or something, because you're slightly unhinged right now.
>>
>>51682230
>>51682210
You're both missing the point. I'm not seriously suggesting that Mr. Salty here made all those posts. I'm mocking his witchhunt. It's an anonymous image board, Legacy players are not out to get you, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>51682230
>explode with anger when forced to back his argument with facts like an adult
Read the thread I provided evidence you mongoloid.
>whines about preachy assholes when he himself is a preachy asshole white knighting a format he doesn't like
Wat.png.

>you need to seriously get off 4chan for a bit and go outside. Hang out with friends or something, because you're slightly unhinged right now.
Nice projection lad, I'm not seething with anger nor am I unhinged.

>>51682269
Nobody claimed that "legacy players are out to get us" a question was asked about why some of them are so obnoxious and then some idiot got started with
>muh false flags
>muh conspiracy theories
>legacy players don't actually do that
>>
>>51682319
Okay, if you don't like modern, why are you even in this thread, shitting it up?
>>
>>51682319
Who fucking cares anymore? You, and you alone.
I came here to discuss magic, not listen to you or anyone else dig through archives and stroke their e-penis
>>
>>51682335
You're a fucking idiot, I like modern which is why I frequent these threads. Don't know where you even begin to get that from. The ones who started shitting up the thread were the legacy faggots seen
>>51678323
>>51677119
and in several other threads

I'm not the one who went off the rails with conspiracy theory bullshit about "false flagging" and defending legacy players even though it was never targeted at the entire legacy playerbase.

>>51682401
apparently the idiot that keeps giving me (you)'s and defending his precious legacy format from the big bad modern players.
>>
>/mtg/ modern general
>come see the autism, the ban-screechers and the sociopaths
All this in one single thread, made by simply 2 users.
>>
>>51682451
I fucking love it. Almost every thread is the same shit.
>>
All these milenial self entitled pieces of shit asking for bans everywhere, video games, card games, even fucking football. When did the world fill up with so many fucking pussies? Grow a fucking pair and learn to live you shit.
>>
>>51682691
don't say "pussies", you might hurt their feelings.
>>
>>51682768
the fact that this is actually true triggers me beyond comprehension
>>
>>51682691
punishing unfire unban when

i can only dream
>>
File: Screenshot_20170212-134341.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170212-134341.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>51683548
someone on affinity played this against me the other day. It was dogshit.
>>
>>51683604
Dogshit as in useless?
>>
>>51683391
why is punishing fire banned like?
>>
>>51683694
Yeah. I mean it could carry a plating but that's about all it did (and promptly ate a bolt for it's troubles). I guess you could use it to stop your opponent from playing a turn 4 board wipe, but 99% of the time it just doesn't do anything.
>>
>>51683728
>I can't play creatures REEEEEEEEE
Wasteland is too strong for normies.
>>
>>51683728
Fire + grove of the burnwillows makes it repeated removal. Really good in grindy jund match ups.
>>
>>51683765
so? who gives a fuck, let the guy splashing red win
>>
>>51662189
Drop rift bolt, you wanna kill them in one shot. Also more creatures. Storm chasers, thing in the ice works well here too. 1x bedlam is fine, maybe 2 if youre feeling it. I've found manamorphose
to be pretty effective too, normally ends up being free spell+double prowess trigger
>>
>>51682207

it's a time-honored tradition for LGS's to ripoff their customer base by charging 25-40% more on cards than you can find online.
>>
>>51684002

anon, wizards wants modern to be a format where there is complex board interaction, and by that I mean CREATURES TURNIN' SIDEWAYS AND NOTHING FUCKING ELSE!
>>
>>51684231
This makes me sad. The creature power creep is so retarded it has affected legacy as well. The only proper decks managing to do anything in the format are Storm and Miracles, everything else just uses creatures to do shit. even fucking lads.

Fuck this game.
>>
>>51684231
Nah this is what Wizards wants modern to be as a format
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/157124759613/no-a-lot-of-people-play-modern-we-have-no-plans#notes
>>
>>51684231
>tfw win by turning 20 creatures sideways
aggro is truly the best archetype
>>
>>51684721

What do you call the deck? Copy Cat? Or "jeskai control combo" or whatever the fuck they're pushing?
>>
>>51684762
The original list I modified for this deck was called Jeskai Saheeli. The standard players are calling their decks copy-cat as far as I know though.
>>
Tried out 8whack using bomat courier instead of a few one drop goblins. Works surprisingly well
>>
>>51684564
>We have zero high level Commander events and the format is thriving.
Because its a fucking casual format that appeals to casuals in which you can play casual cards and not give a fuck because everything is so casual.

>The high profile events are considered marketing. They are literally paid for with marketing dollars. So one of the responsibilities of say Pro Tour Aether Revolt is to get players excited for Aether Revolt. It’s a lot harder to do that playing a format where only a handful of Aether Revolt cards might show up.
Pro Tour Modern Masters
Problem fucking solved

>(Also, the Pros have told us they prefer formats with more opportunity to innovate which is harder with larger, less evolving formats.)
HA! Yeah lots of innovation in standard right now, You can play Mardu Vehicles, or you Mardu Veicles
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.