[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /tg/, how do you Vampire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 14

File: Dracula_r.jpg (28KB, 300x382px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula_r.jpg
28KB, 300x382px
Tell me /tg/, how do you Vampire?
>>
>>51657698
Abridged Version.
>>
>>51657734
You know, they get a lot of shit, but i lover their abridged series. far prefer them to the originals except for helsing, but love it equally.
>>
File: Vampire_Lahmian.png (1MB, 708x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire_Lahmian.png
1MB, 708x1165px
>>51657698
>>
File: strahd.jpg (194KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
strahd.jpg
194KB, 1200x627px
>>
File: Fuckin_Gary_Oldman_bitch.jpg (76KB, 1600x867px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckin_Gary_Oldman_bitch.jpg
76KB, 1600x867px
>>51658003
Alternatively...
>>
There was a thread recently about vampires as the progeny of a nature and war god, and it inspired my favorite one.

Before that, I like crippling addiction to blood.
>>
>>51657698
One of my favourite characters I ever played (in 4e, sue me) was a vampire that really hated being a vampire. Generally a good guy, he hated using his powers, but had to more and more often to protect his friends and allies as the story progressed, because not using them meant death.
Having other players going 'please suck some of my blood, we need you at full power' never really gets old.
>>
File: neardark.jpg (77KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
neardark.jpg
77KB, 500x286px
>>
>>51658033
these are the best vamps.
>>
File: 190px-30daysofnightcover.jpg (12KB, 190x290px) Image search: [Google]
190px-30daysofnightcover.jpg
12KB, 190x290px
Like this.
>>
>>51657698
BLEH!
>>
>>51658047
What made it more fun is that the resident dickass theif caught on, and intentionally tried to make the character more 'vampiry', buying him fine clothing, long black cloaks and so on, just to annoy him. (At higher levels he even tried to arrange a small title with a mountain-top castle, but vampire-man died before it could be arranged.
>>
I never had the chance to do Vampire, but I sure do like more metal medieval gothic knight vampires. No sparkly faggotry.
>>
In many different ways, all of which are viable.

One example are Drow Nobles. They are gifted vampirism from Loth. Some reason the gift sometimes mutates the recipient in a drider. The Drow Chalk it up to failure of character. Drow Nobles vampires have a bunch of spidery things to them. They don't turn to mist, they become swarms of spiders that scatter, or transform into a spider, or call forth spidery beasts to control them.
>>
>>51658140
thats cool dude, I just ran a one on one session about a month ago with a buddy. He was vamp, we were using some vairant class for 5e.
It was ok, he's sort of that 'guy', always tries to one up everyone in the story and is generally a dick. But i've learned to counter act it with NPCs. I had him be a sort of younger vamp and this older vamp, with scars and a lot of experience would just put him in his place, but also sort of treated him like a son. It worked out ok i guess, but the class felt kinda broken so we quit playing.

>like I had to homebrew into the class a feature where we had to drink blood to survive.
Like how are you gonna make a vamp class but leave that out?? lol
>>
>>51658184
I honestly like the way 4e did it, where your healing surges (hit dice in 5e, I guess) have to be taken from other creatures with specific attacks/class features, so without drinking blood you can still operate, but you won't heal properly.
>>
>>51658194
I can see that working mechanically in 5e where you don't replenish spent hit dice from resting, you need to drink the blood of a sentient to do so
>>
>>51658244
The only problem I can see with that is that hit dice aren't used a lot in 5e (in my experience), because sooner or later mr.wizard will need a rest and then you all heal up fully anyway. Maybe a cap on the full healing from long rests or something might be needed just to make it a little more critical.
>>
>>51657698
If it's D&D then as it's stated, all of them are Buffy the Vampire slayer tier fodder and have no decent motivations that aren't offset by the stereotypes their alignment is subject to.

The party will only ever encounter Vampire Spawn and young True vampires, and anything above that means they're heading into TPK territory, as the Spawn of Kanchelsis are some of the most broken monsters to grace the realms, the only forgiving aspect about them being their rarity when it comes to age category, and the fact that Orcus began subverting Vampiric control in 3.5

The hierarchy goes like this:

>Base MM vampire/Spawn + it's limitations
>Libris Mortis Vampire variants save for the Savage one, which is just a lower CR version of the Bloodlines Savage Vampire
>Ogre Vampire
>Kassian Vampire
>Ravenloft unique vampires
>Bloodlines Vampires with Terror Vampire at the top
>Greater Vampire tied with Terror vampire

Then we have the Lifedrinker Prestige class, Master Vampire, And then Age category benefits to apply alongside Salient abilities, weaknessesm and their "Lord of the Land" leyline abilities to apply.

Strahd has his own section, but be aware that Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is only a remake of the 1e adventure, the canon Strahd is still the Demiplane of dread one from 2e as stated in the DM.

The strongest Vampire? As it stands, it goes
Mordoc Lesame, Vampire/Vampire Lord, Blackguard (Forfeits Age category bonuses due to vampire Lord template)
Strahd,
Members of the Union of Eclipses
Kanchelsis, who isn't Caine tier, but has the benefits of a Patriarch vampire in age category bonuses, two forms, a working CON stat so no fortitude issues, has levels in Rogue/Wizard and the benefits of owning an entire layer of the Abyss to himself
>>
>>51658493
Oh right, Kaz, but he went from power vampire that drains as his Blood drain with his sword and extra boost to STR to possible demigod, then vestige, so it's awkward.

Now, for the strongest theoretical vampire?
Base Race: Vampyre, Dhampir, Katane, or Vorlog
Vampirism: Terror Vampirism or Greater Vampirism(Orcus kind, not theJ onathan Morningmist kind), even moreso if it was Granted by Malcanthet which would be a tier of it's own, Literally a Vampire sired by a Demon Lord Directly.
So
Levels in Sorceror, 9 levels in Lifedrinker, 3 levels in master vampire, his spawn are already going to be so broken it isn't even funny thanks to salient abilities granted via age category and land ownership, and he can speed level his age via the the fact that Vampires can cheat because they're not immune to aging effects as proven with Lyssa von starovich and her debacle with Illthid vampires, which is featured in 3.5 and is alaso stated in Libris mortis in the same sense Van Richten told about it.
Vampiric Age Category Template: Patriarch, Picks Elder Evil, or if this is limiting, Picks a Demon Lord, doesn't matter, they've got a second form which grants them a Divine Rank and can heal completely on transformation when this is achived, and even prior to this they'd have stacked Enhanced Undead out the ass, and Patriarchs are already stated to be as atrong as demigods, they're basically Elder evil at this stage anyway.
The rest is chalked up to what abilities they got every 100 years till 1000 but they're basically unstoppable at this point, their spawn are technically deployable demigods on the fucking spot in fact.
>>
>>51658560
Meanwhile, Liches get:
Lich Power rituals, which can either succeed or fail so hard it's automatic oblivion with no recovery for failure, though benefit them greatly on success
Age category powers
Unique forms of Undead control and creation (Get a chosen undead, Vassaliches, and LichThralls)
Salient abilities
Lichspells
Lich-only craftable items

And demiliches:
>CONTACT ANY EVIL OUTSIDER OF ANY KIND ANYWHERE WHILST ASTRALLY PROJECTED said evil outsider has to answer, no matter what
>Can use a headless corpse to retain use of Pre-Demilich form
>Can create 100 clones of it's older self pre-Demilichdom
>Can cause a natural Disaster or Weather effect of choice when Astrrally projected, meaning they can cause Arcane storms, or the Black rain, a weather effect which fucks divine spellcasting up the ass or literally summon a living holocaust (It's a monster, I swear)

Problem is is the meta for building this shit up takes forever, meanwhile a vampire can honest to god canonically cheat this.
>>
>>51657698
By making the setting post-apocalyptic. the vampires living in big skyscrapers covered in pollution clouds, very modern style clothing, and horded technology so advanced its like magic. filthy human peasants live in semi-medieval villages and bombed out churches, only survived due to living in non polluted areas and scarce anti vampire tech.

alternatively, as a PC in another game i would do a hungry ghost monk vampire, so i can double dip when i punch.
>>
File: hunter_d.jpg (140KB, 869x556px) Image search: [Google]
hunter_d.jpg
140KB, 869x556px
>>51658597
Add some western, too.
>>
File: boktai_conceptart_pE6ga.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
boktai_conceptart_pE6ga.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>51658619
i was going for modern gothic for the vamps but i like the way you think. also funny thing boktai was inspired by it, so i would set up a more western wasteland areas.
>>
I've got four bloodlines:

1) Classic Draculas living in castles and using peasants as cattle;

2) Nazi Vampires who think that vampires are the master race destined to rule the world and recruit the strongest warriors into their bloodline by forcibly turning them;

3) Wild Vampires who live in toxic swamps, suck the blood of beasts and generally behave like the original vampires of Serbian folklore;

4) Twilight style wankers who only care about eternal love and other romantic faggotry, they seek out the most beautiful mortals and forcibly turn them.
>>
Without the rest of the party noticing.
>>
I remember old Mordheim lore when some Sisters of Sigmar that turn into vampire liked it.
Because they could go to places infected by plagues and they would be immune to the diseases.

A vampire sister of Sigmar was useful for helping the sick.

That a nice spin on the vampire concept, not sure if original since it is from GW
>>
>>51658790

What about purple vampires obsessed with counting things, and vampires who have traded a love of blood for chocolate cereal?
>>
Inhuman monsters pretending to be human. At best, a vampire curses his condition and hides like a hermit, or asks some sort of priest to exorcise him, allowing his soul to move on. At worst, their play at nobility and grace is like a predators camouflage, just enough to get the prey close enough to feed. A vampire must have all his victim's blood.
Also if you kill them and fail to sanctify the body, the cursed soul remains as a ghost, tortured by a hunger it can no longer fulfill.
>>
>Lifespan determined by generation, first generation lives for millennia, second for 800 years, fourth for 500 years, sixth for 200 years, further generations can live shorter than humans
>Teeth continuously grow and must be filed down, particularly in the second generation who have too extreme of teeth for their skulls
>Resistance to sun powered by youth, bloodline, physical activity, and amount of blood consumed
>Possess internal alchemy which uses blood to mend bodily tissues and produce energy, well-fed vampires seal flesh wounds in minutes or hours
>Silver causes unhealing necrotic wounds which require amputation or death
>Regrowth isn't perfect and wounds can be overhealed and become useless lumps of ugly flesh, many vampires die from their body mutating or regrowing when it shouldn't
>A young vampire that is constantly out in the sun drinking blood will be highly resistant or even immune to the sun, but shorter lived than a sun-vulnerable hibernating vampire who lives a slow life
>Logically, they rule most civilizations and dominate the arts and sciences, as they are the highest of beings
>The orders disagree on the pre-vampire's religion and goal, no living vampires ever met him
>Divided into orders which are further divided into clans, orders defined by historical schisms and shared mutations
>Fund witch hunters and vampire hunters, despise undocumented vampires and do whatever they can to wipe them out
>Tend to hate murder and slavery, instead get their blood from servants who devote years of life and blood in exchange for payment to their family or, rarely, becoming vampires themselves
>People hate vampires because of wild vampires
>>
>>51659196
I really should have revised this post, it's not in order
>>
File: cyborg vampire.jpg (132KB, 736x521px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg vampire.jpg
132KB, 736x521px
I have some vampires in my scifi game.

They're androids that blend in with society and harvest genetic material for a subfaction under one of the megacorporations. They send them out in hopes of finding genes that are perfect for a mutation process to pretty much make crazy Dead Space abominations.

They're inspired heavily off this picture.
>>
>>51657698
Elaborately, with lots of build up and intrigue leading up to a climactic confrontation. Vampires are never a "and then a vampire jumps out and attacks you" random encounter. Where a vampire is involved, there will be intrigue and corruption and temptation and lurking evil.
>>
File: King_Kaius.jpg (66KB, 400x543px) Image search: [Google]
King_Kaius.jpg
66KB, 400x543px
>>51657698
As eternal kings playing multi-generational games.
>>
>>51657698
My favorite v:tm game had a group of bikers from the 70's that were all turned in the same night, on a rock festival in the desert that was just a huge Sabbath bait to create "shovelheads".

They proceeded to beat the crap out of every single shovelhead there and now travel together in their vintage bikes throughout america, living the vampire biker un-life together.
>>
Real talk now: how do you make romance work in a vampire game?
I mean, a huge part of gothic literature is love either dooming you or saving you. Romance IS a large part of vampire lore, but... how does it work? How can you make actual romance between a human and an immortal human predator?

I had a cool game once, about a recently-turned boy and his romance with a girl obsessed with horror movies. There were some pretty cute moments, like him sitting in the stairs of the blood bank sipping blood packs with a straw while she drunk beer. But even then, it was much more of a Monsterhearts game than an actual goth noir hardcore vampire, and the whole thing falls apart when you think about their future together
>>
File: Smug Pepe Vampire.png (170KB, 960x924px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Pepe Vampire.png
170KB, 960x924px
Smugly
>>
>>51659007
I mean, a good vampire I doubt is unique to GW. I'm sure everyone's had the idea of the actually noble vampire noble who cares about his people. I mean, when you're so limited by your vampiric weaknesses it makes sense to take care of your land and people so that you can leave your damn castle.
>>
>>51662757
You could go the Let The Right One In route, where the relationship is clearly dysfunctional from the get go but the mortal's life sucks so much that it's still an improvement.

In lighter games, you can take inspiration from Gomez and Morticia Addams. They're just an eccentric couple that never get bored of each other.
>>
File: the_ravnos_by_matiazi-d6gjk43.jpg (76KB, 600x869px) Image search: [Google]
the_ravnos_by_matiazi-d6gjk43.jpg
76KB, 600x869px
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.