[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, we know what happens when a portable hole meets a bag of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: BagO'Eatin.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
BagO'Eatin.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
So, we know what happens when a portable hole meets a bag of holding. What happens when it meets a bag of devouring? Does the bag just get destroyed? Does the creatures orifice grow? Does the creature get killed?
>>
You either have a devoured bag of holding or a bag of holding with a bag of devouring inside it. I don't really see why it needs to be more complicated than that. To get really weird you could have a haversack that has bags of holding and devouring in different compartments to fuck with people
>>
>>51649944
Pretty sure he meant the portable hole, not the bag of holding.
>>
Is this a fancy way of dividing by zero?
>>
>>51649985
Yeah, sorry. Probably should have been more clear with that.
>>
>>51650060

Sort of. It's putting an extradimensional space inside another extradimensional space, which then results in a bad end.

>>51649911

So the question boils down to: Does a bag of devouring contain an extradimensional space? If so, kaboom. If not, then the bag meets the same fate as everything else, meaning the bag is probably destroyed and its contents lost, or ejected and then destroyed. (I forget what happens when a BoH is destroyed and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.)
>>
>>51649911
IIRC the Bag of Devouring is also supposed to contain a portal to an extradimensional space like the Bag of Holding does, only instead of being a safe place to store items this space is inhabited by a creature that eats whatever you place into the bag. So presumably, the same rules of sticking one extradimensional space inside the other would still apply: they implode, causing both the contents of the bag (in this case, the creature inhabiting the pocket dimension) and anything near the bag to be dumped into the astral plane. So you're probably now stuck in the astral plane along with a very pissed off monster whose home you just blew up.
>>
>>51650138
Okay, so we know the part of the bag that does the devouring is the business end of a giant monster's mouthhole. Now what I'm wondering is, if the mouthhole works like an extradimensional portal (i.e. portable hole), does this mean it effectively works as putting a portable hole within a portable hole?

I'm a bit fuzzy on hammerspace physics, but, when you put something in a bag of holding, I always assumed it was like having a portal on the opening of a balloon, but that portal leads to a another balloon which has an immense amount of space and isn't constrained by the balloon (bag of holding) around it. So, portable hole inside of portable hole, would it be like putting an infinitely expanding balloon inside another infinitely expanding balloon? Would the mouth of the portable hole just keep growing and growing and growing?
>>
>>51649911
>we know what happens when a portable hole meets a bag of holding
We do?
>>
>>51652695
see
>>51650142
>they implode, causing both the contents of the bag and anything near the bag to be dumped into the astral plane
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.