[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantays General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 73

File: image.jpg (87KB, 567x463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 567x463px
Warhammer Fantasy General: Old disapproving orc edition.

>Previous Thread
>>51605109

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
http://krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
>>51634400
Questing Knights are literally on a pilgrimage.
>>
>>51636302
The Grail Knights also fill the role, the King being the grandmaster and the Enchantress the Pope.
>>
File: image.jpg (485KB, 1385x1187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
485KB, 1385x1187px
>>
>>51636751
Yeah, Grail Knights are basically living saints.
>>
>>51636302
On that point, Bretonnia's focused too much on feudalism and relative individualism to really have knights uniting in grand orders, beyond the lose groups that are formed in wartime.

The only way that you could really justify crusader orders or other such things is to have some knights that decided to stay in Araby, and Bretonnia's knights didn't - in fact, most ended up going off to fight in what would now become the Border Princes, founding a few kingdoms there.

Though there is some old, vague lore about them having colonies in the Southlands, so you could use that as a springboard for fluffing things out, if you wished.
>>
Updates when?
>>
File: 1287706892422.jpg (167KB, 867x536px) Image search: [Google]
1287706892422.jpg
167KB, 867x536px
>>51638011
When the number of Bretonnian fans range above twice the number of Chaos Dwarves.
>>
File: Bretonnia fans.jpg (38KB, 810x543px) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnia fans.jpg
38KB, 810x543px
>>51638816
All five of them? Well there's at least ten of us.
>>
File: Infantry B 2.jpg (117KB, 976x628px) Image search: [Google]
Infantry B 2.jpg
117KB, 976x628px
Zhar Naggrund will rise again
>>
File: 1467652533214.png (270KB, 837x258px) Image search: [Google]
1467652533214.png
270KB, 837x258px
>>51639190
I know it's more of a Burgerland thing, but I think the general idea of a 'rebellious southern culture reluctantly brought back into a united fold' is something that a lot of settings don't take advantage of. GW could have worked it in with some provinces in the Empire to provide a scenario for a civil war if they wanted.
>>
Just got the 6e war hammer fantasy battle rules, I started the game in 8e so this will be my first time playing an older edition, thinking of running a map based campaign using mighty empires with my gaming group, any advice?
>>
>>51639758
What factions would you be playing as?
>>
>>51639507
That's basically a lot of the Empire, as for nearly a millenium the states were autonomous and had periods of on again-off again civil wars. Marienburg seceded, as did Middenland from Middenheim.
>>
>>51639899
Dark elves, empire and lizard men, we might have a vampire counts or orcs and gobs player.
>>51639507
The empire does have that but its more the rebellious northern and eastern provinces as the south of the empire is its heartland, what with nun and reikland being to of the empires most powerful cities and the cult of Sigmar centered in the south.
>>
In an alternate dimension where warhammer makes more sense (humor me here) what weapons do the brettonian questing knights use instead of a greatsword?

Unless they are actually dragoons armed with greatswords using those weapons from horseback seems like a poor choice.

They would wield a one handed warhammer in conjunction with a shield wouldn't they?

Maybe an estoc on the side for trying to kill huge monsters.
>>
>>51639982
I never played with Mighty Empires, but I did do a campaign using the rules in the Generals Compendium. Hopefully you have an even amount of players. We had five, so four of us paired off against each other and the fifth guy went around the map gobbling up territory and won.

>>51640073
Morning stars, perhaps.
>>
>>51640109
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseman's_pick
I meant a warhammer similar to this, not the impractical ones you see dawi using.

But yeah, a mace would be good also, no need to focus on edge alignment.
>>
>>51640073
Maybe a horseman's pick, but a greatsword isn't that nonsensical, at least in the real world.

They aren't that much heavier or longer than a one-handed sword - you could use it one handed, with the other hand holding on to the reins, as long as all you had to do was swing a side-cut. This wouldn't be feasible for a footman, but a trained horseman could handle it.
>>
>>51640189
That's true, though in 'reality' Questing Knights would have a variety of weapons they pick up on their journey. They wouldn't be uniform, some might have less armour, some might wield great weapons, some may not even ride horses. This should have been represented in the rules with a few choices to have different weapons and choose between mounted and infantry.
>>
Any advice on getting people into Mordheim, I want to convince my D&D group to start playing so that when someone cancels unexpectedly we can play mordheim instead, the group is quite small so the loss of one player has a big impact. One of the other players plays empire, but the other two have no prior experience with mini wargaming.
>>
>>51640346
I imagine questing knights returning from araby would have picked up a distinct appreciation for the scimatar from horsback, at least for killing enemies that lack full armor coverage.
>>
File: RIMG1053.jpg (91KB, 856x720px) Image search: [Google]
RIMG1053.jpg
91KB, 856x720px
>>51640509
Or a buddy.
>>
File: QuestingKnight.jpg (66KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
QuestingKnight.jpg
66KB, 532x800px
>>51640346
That is true, and I definitely can respect that. It'd be nice to take Questing Knights from a slightly awkward category of usefulness, and make them feel really customizable compared to most Brets.

In the lore, the only real explanation for this is that Questing Knights take up the sword symbolically, setting aside the Lance - the symbol of a Knight of the Realm...which is a little stupid when you think about how Knights Errant use the lance, but ah well.
>>
File: Questing Vow.png (144KB, 768x320px) Image search: [Google]
Questing Vow.png
144KB, 768x320px
>>51640562
It's not so much as symbol of a Realm knight, but a symbol of their duty as a knight. They set it aside to gain the Lady's favour, picking up the lance again when they 'return to duty'. So a Knight Errant, though not truly a knight yet, still wields a lance as a symbol of his devotion to lord, land and Lady. Plus Louis the Rash did it and then everyone else did it too.
>>
File: Odo and Suliman.png (715KB, 553x827px) Image search: [Google]
Odo and Suliman.png
715KB, 553x827px
>>51640553
>>
>>51640553
I now want to do this.
>>
>>51636302
>>51636751
I was thinking more monastic orders
>>
>>51639507
It can be sort of seen in the northern half of the Empire which is constantly teetering on the edge of civil war because of aggresive attempts at territory grabs and Boris Toddbringer being kind of a dick about not being Emperor.

Also the northern Empire is generally considered the more rural part.
>>
>>51641483
I thought the most rural part was the east, with stirland and talabecland being predominantly farming provinces, while the north was more focuses on their navy and warrior culture, with the ulrican church being quite big.
>>
>>51641483
>>51641735
Middenland is mostly wood and cities, the cities being actually pretty thriving and advanced (the rocket launcher being from there), and a somewhat thriving economy.

Nordland is probably a way poorer province, having lost Marienburg not really long ago.
>>
>>51637231
Well, there were not much reason for them to stay in Araby. It's not their holy land. Bretonnia is.
>>
>>51637231
>Though there is some old, vague lore about them having colonies in the Southlands, so you could use that as a springboard for fluffing things out, if you wished.
I think it was the Empire with Sudenburg. Bretonnia had colonies in the border princes IIRC.
>>
Grail is just an euphmeism.
Lady just fucks the Knights she deems worthy and lets them drink when she squirts.
>>
I think we talked enough about Bretonnia.
>>
>>51642471
but talk is all Bretonnia has. no units, no fluff worth a damn, no proper self-identity, nothing original. don't take the last thing they have - the talk.
>>
>>51641735
Western Talabecland is relatively rich thanks to trade going through Talabheim, but most of the province is rural wood and farmland.

Hochland is mostly woodland with few cities. Mostly walled towns. Main industry is lumber and meat, making it fairly rural compared to the rest of the Empire.

Nordland is mostly poor farmland, bar the coast which has some pretty lucrative trade with the non (or less) chaotic tribes of the lower wastes.

I'll give that the east is largely rural, with Stirland and Ostermark.
>>
>>51642457
Nah.
>>
>>51640073
Bastard sword.
>>
File: 1484315373395.jpg (90KB, 344x474px) Image search: [Google]
1484315373395.jpg
90KB, 344x474px
>>51640150
>impractical ones you see dawi using.

THAT'S GOING IN THE BOOK!
>>
beards should give Dwarfs +1 armor save against attacks made from front.
>>
>>51640150
Dawi weapons are pretty stupid. They should be using spears and sword. They are much better for their stubby arms than axes and hammers.
>>
>>51642783
Tolkien's dwarves actually used swords and bows quite a lot. It's just Warhammer dwarfs are basically D&D Dwarfs WITH GRUDGES, TOTALLY ORIGINUL, DONUT STEEL, with their obsession over runes, booze and hammers/axes, the last of which is simply because Gimli used axes and happened to be most iconic.

but since WHFB Dwarfs are built entirely out of cliches they are allergic to swords and spears.
>>
>>51642815
Dwarf axe use predates film Gimli, cretin.
>>
>>51642846
I'm not talking about film, idiot. He used axe in the book.
>>
>>51642815
Yeah, the WHFB is by far my least favourite race in the setting. Even the elves have three different distinct cultures.
>>
>>51642933
Warhammer dwarfs became even much more of a meme after chaos dwarfs got pushed aside and the race basically became one big, unified culture with no internal conflict. Considering that /tg/ often says that dwarfs are perfect and should never change, this is apparently what everyone wants.
>>
>>51643025
Most people are uninteresting and like uninteresting things
>>
>>51642866
No one cared about book Gimli, dumbass.
>>
>>51643087
please, D&D cliches grew from LotR books first, besides Elric and Conan, that is, and from there everywhere. Gimli was THE dwarf back then, since Hobbit was "childish" and Silmarillion is beyond most people
>>
>>51643117
Warhammer dwarfs do not behave like Gimli beyond disliking elves and using axes. Scant data to draw such a conclusion on.
>>
>>51643152
why don't you read my comments? they behave like stereotypical D&D dwarfs. D&D dwarfs (and WHFB by extension) love axes because Gimli used axes. axes-swinging and elf-hating are pretty much everything D&D took from LotR's Gimli, since their races are always dumbed-down shallow counterparts of source materials.
WHFB just dumbed them down further by taking away their magic, but pretended to give them depth by adding grudges. That's it. Not as bad as WoW, which is dumbed down a step further with exactly zero culture and stuff, but don't pretend D&D/WHFB Dwarfs are something original.
>>
>>51643214
WFB is not D&D.
>>
>>51643247
WHFB Dwarfs are heavily based on D&D Dwarfs, minus magic plus grudges. Read the conversation before replying, will ya?
>>
>>51643266
Minus magic, plus grudges, plus runes, plus trains, plus helicopters, plus guns, plus submarines, plus religious importance to beards, plus harem-style marriages, plus oathkeeping...
>>
>>51642815
Dwarfs use guns and crossbows, both objectively better than bows, especially considering dwarfen height and what this means for bow length.

Hammers and axes as weapons almost certainly derive from picks.

Dwarfs also certainly understand swords even if they don't use them much. There's the Runefangs, after all.
>>
>>51643247
It's pretty fucking close. It's a game based on using DnD minis for big battles.
>>
>>51643298
runes are par the course for D&D Dwarfs. so is steampunk in gnomeless settings.

sorry, there's nothing really original in WHFB, it's the whole point. Elves are melniboneans, Empire is HRE, etc. That's the whole point. That's why we like it, I daresay. It's not a special snowflake setting.
>>
>>51642497
>no fluff worth a damn
>no proper self-identity

This is so obviously untrue I question why you bothered posting it.
>>
>>51643355
sorry, "arthurian expies lol" is not a self-identity. not enough of one in this setting, at least
>>
>>51643214
Taking magic away is not a 'dumbing down'. The fact they are magic resistant but cannot cast spells makes them unusual for the setting in which they live.

And I don't know about anybody else but I still find it weird every time a Dwarf uses magic in another setting.
>>
>>51643371
Have you even read their army book?

By your shitposter logic the Empire is just 'HRE with wizards lol'.
>>
>>51643373
they were more like fair folk than modern D&D/WHFB/WoW Dwarfs in Hobbit - eyes glowing in the dark, Thorin obviously having at least minor magical power, telling smoke rings where to fly, trying to open locks with spells, not to mention the descriptions of their creations (though that last one is common among stereotypical dwarfs, in LotR it didn't stem from no runes, but rather from Dwarves' own talents, as Aules' children, plus what Tolkien described is more along the lines of what normally Elves make in D&D/WHFB/WoW)
>>
>>51643346
Sorry, WF dwarfs did these things before it was set in stone (hue).
>>
>>51643371
Obvious bait. Sad.
>>
>>51638011
Feb 28
>>
>>51643539
Folks, when the AoS general sends us people, they're not sending their best. They're sending redditors. They're sending redshirts. And some, I assume, are only ironically shitposting.
>>
>>51643652
Or there is some sperg that wants to keep the discussion flowing with shitposting to keep the general alive.
>>
File: 1479883717045.png (66KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1479883717045.png
66KB, 1000x700px
>guys, why dare dwarfs so culturally similar when they live for extremely long times, prize tradition over innovation, and possessed for most of history huge highways to keep in constant contact?
>>
>>51643927
Nah, Skavens and Nightgoblins cuts out too many of those highways for that to make sense. The dorfs society is hardly well oiled.
>>
>>51643953
Dwarf society has been fractured for a relatively short time, during which we've already seen drift in Norse dwarfs, dawi zharr, and Grey vs Empire diaspora vs World's Edge dwarfs. You gotta remember they are very long-lived and historically consider being older synonymous with being correct.
>>
>>51644096
I just think that their lack of diversity makes them a boring faction. Even the Lizardmen are less rigid.
>>
>>51643025
I feel as if at least the Eastern and Southern dwarves should be at odds with each other. It is always kind of weird how the clans rarely come to violence even though they do carry out grudges against each other. On one hand this can be explained somewhat by culture, racial features, grudges, etc, but on the other hand it's boring and not really believable.

Even so, fuck yall, I like my WHFB dwarves, they're the shit.

>Blowing shit up
>Extensive use of fire in warfare
>Grudges make for hilarious stories
>Little dudes fight in tight, disciplined formation
>More unified than any other race, and they show it in battle
>Slayers being badarses
>FLAMETHROWERS

I love 'em. But you guys are right; there is seriously not enough internal conflict. At most there is grumbling and petty grudges. It would be far more interesting if the dwarves fought amongst themselves sometimes. However, they are more likely to tie each other up in cultural stigmas and conservative grumbling than violence.
>>
>>51643346
That's why I like WHFB as a setting. It doesn't need to do anything original, it just needs to fun and over the top sometimes.
>>
>>51644264
they even don't fight Chaos Dwarfs much, instead pretending those don't exist
>>
>>51644264
>eastern and southern
Shit, I meant eastern and western
>>
>>51644264
Internal conflict is one of the best and easiest way to make a race interesting and dwarfs are unfortunately missing it. They should blow each other up more often.
>>
>>51644289
They should. But I treat this like a standard GW-world oddity. Some stupid combination of GW retardation + fan retardation = some more stupid shit in-universe.
>>
>there are no skaven, it's just when Dwarfs go to war against their own, they don't admit to it, instead blaming it on mythical "ratmen".
>in truth, the holds and regions of underway that are "lost to skaven", are just wrecked in dwarfish civil wars, nothing more
>Dreaded 13th is just euphmeism for your clan's dwarfs for some reason defecting into enemy clan
>this all explains both why humans know nothing of Skaven, and why Skaven have such advanced and dwarf-like tech
>>
>>51644313
>tfw Karak Eight Peaks will never become Karak Seven Peaks because of a grudge
>>
>>51644289
The dwarfs have little to no logistical capacity to do so and they know it.
>>
>>51644403
>have logicstical capacity to march across the Empire for two and a half pence
>don't have logistical capacity to wipe out their counsing who MAKE WEAPONS AND ARMOUR FOR WORLD-ENDING MANIACS
really?

also they can dig a tunnel and undermind Zharr-Nagrund
>>
>>51644264
Slayers are another unique part of Warhammer dwarfs, especially since they occupy a social class that borders on untouchables. No one has anything like it, and the reasons for taking the oath can also be seemingly quite bizarre.
>>
File: kM_lPhzP.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kM_lPhzP.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>51644416
Zharr Naggarond is really isolated. It's also a dwarf fortress, and one of the most inpenetrable ever conceived. Undermining it is a laugh, dwarfs know how to deal with this because they're constantly dealing with the skaven chimping out. Let's not forget the dawi zharr's hobgoblin and Chaos allies, or the hordes of orcs just fucking around waiting for a scrap, either.

Speaking of skaven chimpouts, did you ever stop to consider that while this literally unprecedented throng is at the edge of anywhere, way back home the dwarfs will still be dealing with endless hordes of greenskins and skaven who reproduce and mature literally hundreds of times faster than them? You know, those hordes which, most the time, are merely stalemated, not being pushed back?

You ought to shave your beard and take the oath for proposing an idea so stupid, wazzock.
>>
>>51644518
oh, but I'm an elf. so I'll shave your beard instead.
>>
>>51644538
BY GRIMNIR

GET THE BOOK
>>
>>51644538
THAT'S IT! THIS TIME WE'LL TAKE MORE THAN A CROWN!
>>
>>51644518
>did you ever stop to consider that while this literally unprecedented throng is at the edge of anywhere, way back home the dwarfs will still be dealing with endless hordes of greenskins and skaven who reproduce and mature literally hundreds of times faster than them?
Then why haven't they taken over the world yet?
>>
>>51644264
I think it's because at the end of the day, a dwarf is a dwarf. They breed too slow to get mired in civil wars when they still have greenskins and skaven to contend with.
>>
>>51640562
Pic is an Errand knight.
>>
File: 1452715942532.jpg (1MB, 1058x1651px) Image search: [Google]
1452715942532.jpg
1MB, 1058x1651px
>>51644440
The whole grudge thing as a general concept isn't unique to Warhammer Dwarfs, but I think its specific manifestation is really excellent, taking into account their honour system, extreme orthodoxy, gender imbalance, ancestor worship and the slayer cult.

They actually owe more to eastern cultures like China and Japan than the west in terms of their Shame/Honour culture.
I've been running a WFRP adventure recently set in a dwarf hold and I've been trying to portray the hold dwarfs (in contrast to the imperial dwarfs) as a thoroughly alien culture with a lot of hidden rules and social intricacies.
>>
>>51644639
Doesn't Muslims have a thing against shaving their beards?
>>
>>51644581
Because GW would have to stop producing Fantasy minis a long time ago?
If we go by the scales GW throws at us there would have been no way humans elves or dwarves would have survived that long.
For Khornes sake, it's stated that Beastmen alone that are lurk in the imperial woods outnumbers the Empire.
>>
>>51644581
They're prone to periodic civil wars of staggering scale and everyone hates them with a passion.

The orcs are stupid, too. The skaven aren't dumb, but the constant political skullduggery tends to kill promising leaders for actually having potential.
>>
>>51644704
You know, this is just a baity way of asking why a faction isn't more of a threat to other factions or in general, if they are so great.
>>
>>51644689
So do a lot of Christians, and also many pagan Germanics. A shaved man, to them, isn't a man - but a slave.

The dwarf practice, though, is almost certainly based on the Sikhs, who do not cut their hair.
>>
>>51644689
That's Sikhs.
They also have a religion that reflects the fact that they were constantly under attack by outside forces. Hence the sword obsession.

I could see similarities.
>>
File: 1318022814330.jpg (109KB, 900x612px) Image search: [Google]
1318022814330.jpg
109KB, 900x612px
>>51644584
>Dwarves
>take over the world
Implying a little tectonic adjustment couldn't solve that issue.
>>
>>51644758
Come to think of it, yeah. Sikhs have historically been under siege by vicious borderline animals who make up for their idiocy with inexhaustible numbers.
>>
>>51644765
>one of the greatest magic-users in the world
>can't cure warts on his belly
fucking useless
>>
>>51644765
>"Yeah, I planned this. This is what I wanted."
>>
>>51644765
>being proud of being so autistic that you fucked over an Old One race and advanced the cause of Chaos by centuries, if not millennia

Lizards are the fucking worst.
>>
File: 1485651330594.jpg (41KB, 445x498px) Image search: [Google]
1485651330594.jpg
41KB, 445x498px
>>51644758
>yfw you realize greenskins are Muslim Arabs
>divided into 2 main tribes (gork vs mork/sunni vs shia) with some oddball smaller doctrines
>nomadic culture based on reaving and slavery
>come mostly from a dry, sterile wasteland, or else inhospitable highlands
>ruin everything they touch
>hate their more civilized neighbors
>create nothing, but adapt the leavings of other civs to their use
>highly fractitious, only ever band together under incredibly violent and semi-cunning warlords
>squabble endlessly over things that don't matter
>universally despised by every nation they have ever been in contact with
>>
>>51644765
>Nipples
>On a completely asexual amphibian/reptilian creature that is born-adult
>>
>>51645030
That just sounds like Mongols on leadpoisoning.
>>
>>51644933
>and advanced the cause of Chaos by centuries, if not millennia
I see nothing bad here.
>>
>>51644689
It's just a very ancient notion that equals long beards with virility, present in the middle east and elsewhere. Also Muhammad had a beard.
>>
>>51644689
most cultures that rose from semitic monotheism. Muslims, Orthodox Jews, Orthodox Chirstians (priests only though), Old-Faith Orthodox Christians (everyone), multiple Protestant confessions, whatever Kurd religion is called... you name it.
>>
File: images(3).jpg (10KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
10KB, 272x185px
What if dwarfen women DON'T have low fertility, rather, what if it's the practice of marrying dwarf women to venerable dwarf men that lowers conception rates?
>>
>>51645200
>What if dwarfen women DON'T have low fertility, it's just most dwarfs are impotent?
>>
>>51645219
Hard to fuck when you are passed out in the pub
>>
>>51641480
I don't think monasticism fits well with the themes of the religion of the Lady.
>>
>>51642815
Warhammer dwarfs are essentially the four Yorkshiremen, you daft wazzock
>>
>>51645231
dwarf women are so ugly they can't get it up unless smashed
they physically cannot fuck when smashed enough to find dwarf women attractive
>>
>>51645200
>What if dwarfen women DON'T have low fertility, rather, what if dwarven men just have difficulty penetrating their bearded vaginas?
>>
How do we fix the dwarfs?
>>
>>51645700
By giving them more than one personality.
>>
>>51645200
They don't. They just birth a disproportionate amount of males to females.
>>
>>51642206
It was only ever mentioned in one of the stories in the Man O War rules, so take that as you will.
>>
File: 1452817021733.png (84KB, 436x153px) Image search: [Google]
1452817021733.png
84KB, 436x153px
>>51643927
>>
>>51645849
Doesn't the warhammer mod for CK2 have bretonnian islands off the coast of lustria ?
>>
>>51645849
Sudenburg or the Bretonnian colonies?
Both are mentioned in wfrp material.

I remember a reference to Sudenburg in the 3e Enemy Within at the very least. And I imagine there's a nod in Sigmar's Heirs too.
>>
>>51645901
A coward might say this.
>>
>>51645700
Pikes.
>>
File: man o war story.png (399KB, 1123x806px) Image search: [Google]
man o war story.png
399KB, 1123x806px
>>51645970
No, Man O War. That's why I'm not sure if it's trustworthy anymore, it's that old.

I've tried to screenshot the story, but the PDF I have isn't of that good a quality - I'll write out the section that's most important to this discussion.

>Behind his bluff facade Gerard was worried. The problem with spending the winter on his estates in the Southlands was that anything could happen back home and it might take weeks, or months, for word to reach him. While he had been consolidating his power in the colonies, war could have indeed erupted between Bretonnia and the Empire.
>>
>>51645258
Bretonnian monasteries are referenced in WFRP.
>>
>>51643927
>and possessed for most of history huge highways to keep in constant contact?
They lost contact with Norsca dwarves, ages ago.
>>
>>51645990
There are no dwarf cowards, umgi. For the dawi, longevity is a sign of competence, not spinelessness. I wouldn't expect a manling to comprehend.
>>
>>51646397
Yes, and what do you know, culture drifted.

Guess he was right.
>>
>>51646097
Pikes for kikes. Makes sense.
>>
File: 1459194820370.png (63KB, 438x118px) Image search: [Google]
1459194820370.png
63KB, 438x118px
>>51646499
Well said, longbeard.
>>
>>51645219
That does it! I'm adding you to the Book of Grudges!
>>
>>51646499
Go to bed, gramps.
>>
What the fuck is it that the underground races live off of? Skaven, Dwarves, and Chaos Dwarves.

Dwarves are the easiest to answer theoretically, they could simply have above ground settlements that they cultivate large amounts of crops and livestock from.

But Skaven don't have above ground settlements, and Chaos Dwarves live in hell on earth, agriculture or animal husbandry isn't an option for them.

Do the Skaven and Chaos Dwarves eat some kind of special cave squig that they have domesticated that can exist off being close to thermal vents or something?
>>
>>51646975
Don't Skaven do raids and shit?
>>
>>51646975
I'm not fully sure, but I know that Dwarves have some Farming Clans that grow oats and wheat and such. But usually those are used for making ale, since trade with humans often means that they grade weapons or metals in exchange for food, since human food is good enough for eating. They also can live off of their ale for a while if need be, since it's that nutritious.

All I know abuot Skaven is that the lands around Skavenblight are apparently filled with 'black corn,' that skavenslaves will harvest. Since it's mostly marsh otherwise, I guess humans don't pick the crops. And there are millwheels that will constantly grind out grain - I don't know where they get the grain, but sometimes they throw a dead skaven in as well, since they don't care about cannibalism.
>>
>>51646975
Chaos Dwarves still commit trading.
Maybe like with chaos farmers buying chaos grain for their chaos biscuits.
>>
>>51646975
Skaven cultivate subterranean fungi for food purposes, apparently, but they also have animal husbandry. This is supplemented with slave-taking and paroxysms of civil war and mass cannibalism.
>>
>>51647187
I know squigs are fungi so this "subterranean" fungi must be squigs domesticated to grow into sandwiches I'm guessing. Greenskins have this kind of squig, and I am assuming the chaos dwarves know of it and probably cultivate their own squigs in addition to their variants of normal greenskins they breed.
>>
>>51647040
I wasn't aware of the skavenblight being an above ground city. Interesting. They are definitely practicing agriculture here, but I wonder what the other cities in the underdark do to survive.
>>
File: 360[1].jpg (578KB, 735x1024px) Image search: [Google]
360[1].jpg
578KB, 735x1024px
>>51646975
In the marshes around Skavenblight there are vast fields of black corn used to feed the heaving masses of the city.
Not strictly underground food, but I always liked that bit of fluff because it always conjured images of some Piranesian hell where slaves toil in the treadmills of great rotting windmills and paddle barges and skaven fight for grain in a rickety wooden labyrinth.
>>
>>51647266
I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. Especially in the case of the dawi zharr.
>>
>>51647285
It's not as much that it's an above-ground city, it's just that the marshes above it are apparently fertile enough for farming. Skavenslaves have to go out in large rafts to harvest the corn.
>>
>>51642815
>Tolkien's dwarves actually used swords and bows quite a lot.

They also used axes and mattocks more than they used swords and bows.

If you read the Silmarillion and the Hobbit, you will find more references to dwarves using axes/mattocks than you will swords/bows.
>>
>>51647374
Why doesn't some intrepid witch hunter go out there and bring back a few skaven to the Empire.

Would bringing factual proof of the existence of Skaven be Heresy?
>>
>>51647420
For one, Skavenblight is in Tilea, so that's a long trip for a Witch Hunter.

For two, the marshes are damned dangerous. Most any skavenslave that gets lost there is doomed to die, and so would any Witchhunter that was just blundering in without any idea of where to go.

And most of all, the Empire's upper echelons are actively trying to ignore the Skaven and their existence, because to acknowledge them would spread panic and fear among the populace that is already fighting hundreds of different fights, and would spur the Skaven to attack the Empire (because a united Empire is one of the largest threats to them that could exist).
>>
>>51647415
The Dawi also appreciate hammers and axes as tools for building. Sure there's axes and hammers for killing and those for building, but they represent crafting and civilization to dwarfs. A sword can only kill.
>>
>>51647420
Everyone knows rat beastmen exist. That's not the issue.
The problem is that no one believes they have a vast empire with crazy super-science right under your house.
Look up The Shaver Mystery. It's that but with ratmen.

As for Skavenblight, it's hilariously dangerous.
That said, in the old background Abbot Bagrian, a High Priest of Taal (and Indiana Jones reference), managed to infiltrate Skavenblight, steal one of the warpstone Black Arks and take it back to La Maisontaal Abbey.
>>
>>51647478
I remember some bit of fluff where a dwarf smith was leaving the making of swords up to his apprentices, and a human official was all 'whaaat you're letting apprentices make our swords, they better be of high quality.' And the dwarf basically scornfully replied that swords were fucking easy to make, took no skill or work at all, even apprentices of only a century or so could handle it. Now, a good suit of armor, that he would work on personally.
>>
>>51647673
That was from their 6th edition book, the smith remarks that it's not wise to try and out jew a dwarf in his own home. I imagine a good deal of their aversion to swords is due in no small part to the elves, in addition to them having no value as a tool of a trade.
>>
>>51647732
I love how the merchant was pissed but terrified to object.
Then the human weaponsmith actually got to visit their armor and it was a religious experience.

You can see why Dwarfs love and hate humans. Either they are adorable children they want to raise right, or like Elves too cowardly to object to Dwarf bullying.
>>
>>51647992
They're the older boy who picks on his younger brother but still cares about him.
>>
>>51646975
Dwarves raise goats and sheep in the mountains and hills, and areas of the holds are set aside for farms.

There is a pastoral side to Dwarven life but its not documented much. Not all of them live in the holds either, there are populations scratching a living in the mountains and valleys to grow food.

There is also a lot of trade
>>
File: the most baller elf.jpg (1MB, 1029x1500px) Image search: [Google]
the most baller elf.jpg
1MB, 1029x1500px
>all this talk of dwarf cuckholding
If I could magic you up some fleshlights, would you give us our fucking crown back?

>ywn be in a high elf game where you oceans 11 it out of the vaults
>>
>>51648225
>Modern Warhammer
>The Dwarves all run casinos in the mountain
>The Elves are Cirque du Soleil conceptual performers
>Humanity is just fucking everywhere
>Chaos is getting high on modern drugs somewhere
>Orcs are kept as athletes and prize fighters
>Skaven are house pets
>>
>>51648288
>>Skaven are house pets
>not eradicated for the sake of everyones health and safety
Next you will tell me modern Warhammer would domesticate beastmen and give orcs citizenship.
>>
>>51648288
>Halflings turn into Gordon Ramsays being professional food critics.
>>
>>51648288
>>51648393
I can already tell this is going to lead to some serious shit posting.
>>
File: Minocentigor.png (1MB, 647x834px) Image search: [Google]
Minocentigor.png
1MB, 647x834px
>>
What do you guys think of the battle map editor for Total warhammer?
>>
>>51636258

How do allied forces work in 6th edition?

At first I thought 'Just split the forces in half,' but then I was looking at it and it kinda seems like the other side could have just a massive amount of characters then.

Are there any rules for two players using smaller forces teaming up to take on one larger force?
>>
>>51648225
The day you let the king of every dwarfen hold run a chain on your Everqueen and finish on her round elven arse is the day we'll give you back your crown.
>>
File: 1481128263090.jpg (1MB, 996x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1481128263090.jpg
1MB, 996x1392px
>>51644639
Anyone have pics like these for the rest of the armies?
>>
>>51649321
>several dwarfs wanting to fuck an elf
Nice try, Druchii, won't work again.
>>
File: stumped.jpg (72KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
stumped.jpg
72KB, 849x565px
Ratmen = Skaven
Lizardmen = Itzatecah
Beastmen = ????
>>
File: 1472181152071.jpg (1MB, 949x1441px) Image search: [Google]
1472181152071.jpg
1MB, 949x1441px
>>51649356
I only have the Bretonnian one.
>>
>>51649573
>Beastmen = ????
Bestmen = Gor
>>
>>51649812
Doesn't that refer to just one breed?
>>
>>51649939
It would be fitting for Gors to refer to their entire species by their own subspecies name, considering they have no respect or compassion for Ungors and Brays.
>>
>>51649321
Isn't that why Aliathra was there?
>>
>>51649939
unGor
bestieGor
khornGor
I say calling them Gor is fine.
>>
File: 1397337764043.jpg (30KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1397337764043.jpg
30KB, 398x500px
>>51649968
>>51649996
Gor it is, then.
>>
>>51650019
Gor is a Khazalid word that humans adopted from Dwarfs and Beastmen adopted from humans.
>>
Building a Stirland army to play 7th ed this summer, boy I am exited. I recieve my greatsword and swordmen Tuesday

I will kitbash the jade wizard and the great canon but I can't wait to play with my lad
>>
Is there actually much community for playing old eds of Warhammer Fantasy, lads? I mean off the interwebs obviously. I ask because I'm putting together a 'freeguild' army in suspiciously Nordland colour schemes after my friend gave me some of their old models. AoS is huge where I am (and not just among kids), but I kinda miss the old game.
>>
>>51650131
If you play it, they will come.

Trite I know but just the more people openly play it the more of a community there will be.
>>
File: 1467663565643.png (418KB, 490x503px) Image search: [Google]
1467663565643.png
418KB, 490x503px
>>51650081
For Sigmar!
>>
>>51650600
nice toots mr skeltal
>>
>>51650600
>>51650693
>old world is really spooky
>empire makes it even spookier by putting skulls everywhere
>>
>>51650878
I guess they are supposed to be human skulls. This is also why I liked Bretonnia. They didn't fall for the skullmeme.
>>
>>51650939
Maybe they started displaying human skulls as a symbol for pan-human empire?
>>
>>51650939
Memento mori. A very popular style in the Renaissance. It reminds you that you will die so you should live without sin, and also helps dispel fear of death.

Bretonnia represents an earlier point in history.

This contrasts with 40k where its "superiority of humanity" or some stupid shit.
>>
File: TsIJObV.jpg (472KB, 2103x3155px) Image search: [Google]
TsIJObV.jpg
472KB, 2103x3155px
>>51651024
There are other reasons for skulls.
>>
>>51651061
I get that stuff. I just think it looks tacky.
>>
>>51651085
Its just supposed to make it look late medieval and German.

Be thankful the Brets are Arthurian, because the French were ridiculously into skulls and bones and reapers for a long time.
>>
>>51651061
I think it's supposed to represent the same thing in 40k, actually. The Imperium is obsessed with the certainty of doom and the idea of dying a 'good death'. The main difference is in the Renaissance (and, I guess, in the Old World) people gravitated naturally towards these themes and styles as a way of processing and contemplating tragedy and mortality, but in the Imperium it's enforced by the state because the Emperor needs you to die for him.

I love all the skulls on my Empire lads, not gonna lie. Got some knights I might paint up as Templars of Morr.
>>
>>51651141
Yeah, those guys knew what they were doing. Skulls are for chumps.
>>
>>51651219
your a chump
>>
>>51651205
In 40k it also does represents a human skull because fuck Xenos and mutants.
>>
>>51651238
That is very true, but I think the fatalism of the motif is important too.
>>
>>51651229
That really hurt my feelings, Anon.
>>
>>51651205
Its canon skulls in 40k represent the Emperor himself and the superiority of mankind.

Like the cross basically. "Emps died for his own sins, now its your turn."
>>
>>51649439
Fun thing, dwarfs canonically find elven (and human) women lovely, if usually too skinny.
>>
>>51651205
There's also the issue of the Vampire Wars having a long lasting effect on the people of the Empire as well as Nagash's invasion during Sigmar's time.
>>
>>51651421
I have seen that female dorf minis. I wont blame them for being into superior races.
>>
Is AoS a New Coke conspiracy?
>>
>>51651675
If only. GW is just a company that doesn't do research or care about customer criticism and complaints.
>>
File: IMG_0117.jpg (82KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.jpg
82KB, 700x700px
>>51651657
I disagree, femDwarfs are fine.
>>
>>51651748
Looks like Trump.
>>
File: wardancer.jpg (101KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
wardancer.jpg
101KB, 1024x937px
>>51651657
"Oh aye, they're skinny, but thick in the right places, heh heh! ...Er, don't tell the elf I said that, umgi."
>>
>>51651813
Get a new pic already. Or rather stop entirely
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 350x450px
>>51651748
>Meatloaf for waifu

Nice taste you got there, dawi.
>>
>>51651854
no
>>
>>51651748
0/10 no beard
>>
>>51651931
Female Dwarfs have never had beards.
They have plaits.
>>
>>51651931
She's hirsute where it counts.
>>
>>51650600
Awesome. WHFB - life long and prosper ! Good luck with the Empire !
>>
File: IMG_3182.jpg (63KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3182.jpg
63KB, 300x416px
>>51651794
>>51651882
>Implying you wouldn't a Valaya while Grimnir and Grungni watch
Your Anvils Of Doom would be dedicated to fucking the mothers of the Dawi foes.
>>
File: 1483660099949.jpg (366KB, 900x1755px) Image search: [Google]
1483660099949.jpg
366KB, 900x1755px
>>
>>51652014
Yes, glorious helmets.
>>
File: image.jpg (356KB, 1443x1392px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356KB, 1443x1392px
>>51652011
I wouldn't dream of it. Bretonnian damsels are more to my taste.
>>
File: loyalty intensifies.jpg (56KB, 490x375px) Image search: [Google]
loyalty intensifies.jpg
56KB, 490x375px
>>51652064
So...Elf slaves you aren't allowed to fuck?
>>
File: image.jpg (269KB, 968x1342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269KB, 968x1342px
>>51652258
Rules exists to be broken.
>>
>>51644581
Skaven population booms and crashes with food supply + backstabbing, and greenskins are constantly killing each other for fun. When a strong warlord can get either of them to stop killing each other for half a second + provide the supplies to keep them from killing and eating each other, then you got trouble. But mostly Skaven are busy being skaven in their bizzare dystopia and orcs and goblins probably mostly boogie around in little tribes living off the land and bashing each others heads in.
>>
>>51652258
You're joking, right? Grail Damsels are allowed to fuck anyone they please, go as they please, wear their hair loose, and no one may gainsay them.

It's pretty common for them to pick out promising knights, actually.
>>
File: 1388522117753.jpg (11KB, 155x159px) Image search: [Google]
1388522117753.jpg
11KB, 155x159px
>>51652304
>>51652373
So many the official answer to "elf slave wut do" is "fuck with The Lady's name on your lips"?
>>
>>51647420
>>51647522
This, and the Skaven, particularly clan Esshin are actively waging a war of misinformation, locating and stealing any artefacts that might convince the Empire that the Skaven are a real threat. That and eliminating a good amont of witnesses of said artefacts. So proving the skaven exist is not only tricky and likely to get you mocked, but also very dangerous.

On top of that/ because of that, many people who have seen the skaven still wont pitch in to say that the Under Empire is real out of fear of being ostracised/ stabbed by rats.
>>
File: 1459145417484.png (872KB, 523x659px) Image search: [Google]
1459145417484.png
872KB, 523x659px
>>51652064
Does it bother anyone how, for as much of a hold as The Lady has on the Bretonnians, only the Damsels are the most openly connected to the Wood Elves?

You could argue everything else about their society developed from early dealings with Wood Elves and misunderstandings of Ariel's nature, but the Damsels are taken at a young age and raised in Athel Loren, where they undeniably have contact with Wood Elves. They make the 'secret' that the Bretonnians are manipulated by the Wood Elves more than obviously true, without any real way to explain it otherwise or leave any other room for interpretation. There's no real other explanation for how the Fey Enchantress and the Damsels would have such powers.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 732x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 732x602px
>>51652659
I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
File: Skeleton Horde.jpg (339KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Horde.jpg
339KB, 857x1200px
Any Vampire Counts in here?

What's the general consensus on core?

I'm not a fan of ghouls I think they cost too much. I wanted to run a 50 man block of skeletons with a Vamp in and a block of 20 zombies for a bunker and then some dire wolves etc.

Is this workable in 2500 pts 8th edition?

If it's any conciliation I'll probably be running some Grave Guard.
>>
>>51652824
Ghouls da best. They can actually kill instead of just tie up units.

Zombies only for cheap bunkers if you don't wanna shell out for Skeleton bolstering. You're better off summoning them.

Sword and board Skellies for compromise. GG supplement them, but don't replace them.
>>
>>51652859

Ghouls look so shit though, I hate them with a passion.

It's like I'm shelling out £100 for an army of Gollums.
>>
File: 1461720591320.jpg (129KB, 1024x579px) Image search: [Google]
1461720591320.jpg
129KB, 1024x579px
>>51652823
I'd rather they were either openly admitting it or they were leaving it up to interpretation. Even saying that Damsels were trained in the woods instead of Athel Loren would've at least provided some wiggle room, since most of their powers are based around nature and you could argue that it came from shamanistic traditions, like in the Empire.
>>
>>51652824
Ghoul core is possible, even with Ghouls being overpriced, But they work well in Mortis Engine Lists with a Strigoi.
Zombie core in a lists that spams 'Invoc of Nehek' 3 to 4 times a magic phase is viable as well.
Skeleton core needs all the buffs you can give your boney dudes, but can work well. I run exclusively Skelly core for fluff reasons cause I play Lahmians. Skelly bus with my Lahmian lord in there and Banner of Speed, plus 2 units of Skeletons with Banshees in them.
Spamming Wolves is tricky, but can be pulled of with a Vampire lord with 'Summon Creatures of the Night', but Wolves will never win you any combats, thus your core will be exclusively redirectors and you'll need hard-hitters in the special slot (like 3x6 Horrors for example).
>>
>>51652885
You could try getting some old ones, or maybe if you really dislike the look, just get some peasant-looking units and fluff them as recently-turned ghouls.
>>
>>51652894
It's okay the way it is.
>>
>>51652659
Bretonnians distinguish between elves and "the fae." They believe the former are servants of (and a subtype of) the latter.
>>
File: 1486159683436.jpg (401KB, 1200x820px) Image search: [Google]
1486159683436.jpg
401KB, 1200x820px
>>51652905

Sounds interesting. I might opt for two Skellie buses but I'm totally new to VC. People recommended low level vampires in Skellie regiments as the best way to run them.

Special and Rare will just be a monster mash.

>>51652910

The old ones looked better but I still don't feel any love for them. If they looked like crazy village folk I could maybe get behind them but I still have a soft spot for Skeletons.
>>
>>51652894
What was this from?
>>
>>51653372
Hero level vampires are extremely squishy for how expensive they are. That's why I run the lord in the skelly bus. If and when I bring a vampire hero, it'll be a Forbidden Lore (Heavens) caster for the sig spell (which is amazing) who'll be kept as cheap as possible.
>>
>>51653431

So how many Skeletons are you running in that list? Don't say 150 please.
>>
>>51653372
Just get villager models and paint them gaunt or something.
>>
>>51653372
Mantic has plastic ghouls that looks more like crazy people than troglodytes.
>>
>>51653457
50 for the bus the lord is in.
2x30 for the units with the banshees or hero vampire.
>>
>>51653506

I'll knock some lists up either tomorrow or Saturday and see what they look like.

I'll probably go down the route of a Skellie bus to deliver a VL.
>>
>>51653606
Sweet. Make sure to post the list and I might reply if I am online and not at work.
I mostly play 2.400 pts. matches and my three aforementioned units fill my 600 pts. of core requirements like a charm: 110 Skellies = 550 pts. / 3x Full Command = 90 pts. / Banner of Speed 15 pts. for a total of 655 pts. of core. Just as an example.
>>
File: 1480393530774.png (81KB, 680x778px) Image search: [Google]
1480393530774.png
81KB, 680x778px
Does anyone have the rest of these? I made a separate thread but figured I'd be better off asking here. I only have this and the Bretonnia one
>>
File: 1477910365555.jpg (157KB, 884x652px) Image search: [Google]
1477910365555.jpg
157KB, 884x652px
>>51654132
>>
File: 1480233051448.png (82KB, 750x835px) Image search: [Google]
1480233051448.png
82KB, 750x835px
>>51654132
the only other one I have
>>
File: 1474644010657.png (78KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1474644010657.png
78KB, 853x543px
>>51654164
>>
>>51654144
>>51654181
Thank you? Do you know if any exist for the other factions? If so how would I be able to find them?
>>
File: 1480989051816.jpg (67KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
1480989051816.jpg
67KB, 680x433px
>>
File: 1477910175389.png (96KB, 853x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477910175389.png
96KB, 853x640px
>>51654210
I think there's one for just about every faction but Ogre Kingdoms. They're usually posted here but I don't know if there's a collection somewhere.
>>
File: 1477909963491.png (42KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1477909963491.png
42KB, 853x543px
>>51654255
>>
>>51654210

Just go ask /twg/. It's where most of them come from.
>>
I never found the meme funny for some reason.

Are there any others that got the WFB treatment?
>>
File: 1480928664886.png (6KB, 252x243px) Image search: [Google]
1480928664886.png
6KB, 252x243px
>>51654325
>>
File: 139.jpg (45KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
139.jpg
45KB, 680x433px
>>
File: 1463870445299.jpg (147KB, 902x648px) Image search: [Google]
1463870445299.jpg
147KB, 902x648px
>>51654478
>>
File: 1465073969391.jpg (112KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1465073969391.jpg
112KB, 853x543px
>>51654498
>>
File: e08.jpg (65KB, 680x485px) Image search: [Google]
e08.jpg
65KB, 680x485px
>>51654511
>>
File: 1471662647793.jpg (153KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471662647793.jpg
153KB, 678x1024px
I'm a faggot who's still learning bits of WFB lore after coming in from 40k, even after years of reading.

What really separates the Dark Elves from their space counterparts? Do they have the same focus on backstabbing, or are things slightly more sensible? Can they be at all united, or is there the same focus on raiding gangs instead of more organized armies? How far will they go to raid? Is Naggaroth free of any local enemies, or are there free humans or beastmen or orcs?
>>
File: 1476056594837.png (401KB, 713x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476056594837.png
401KB, 713x500px
>>51654579
Dark Elves are more united, but it's more an alliance of hatred than anything. Malekith is the only one who can get them to do anything, as he rules with absolute power and disposes of anyone who has a whiff of treachery about them. It's backstabby, sure, but it's not as bad as Commoragh in 40k or Skavenblight in Fantasy. You might run afoul of the Khaineites but it's still a society with rules in place such as the proper distance to stand away from a noble. As for warfare, Dark Elves raise an army or do their own thing with raids, depends on if they have a bone to pick with the High Elves or someone else, or if a noble family wants more slaves and plunder for their Black Ark.

I'm not so sure about locals aside from Lizardmen in the south and Marauders in the north, but my own headcanon in WFRP is that there are not!Native Americans who are few in number but are very adept at hit and runs and hiding from the Dark Elves. There are, however, runaway slaves, such as an army that banded together to fight a suicide attack so they wouldn't be taken prisoner again.
>>
>>51654579
Read the armybook, should answer all your questions.
>>
>>51654419
We should get this for all the races. Especially Dwarfs, High Elves, Brets, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, and Nagash specifically.
>>
File: skaven man thing tears.png (290KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
skaven man thing tears.png
290KB, 500x500px
>>51654325
>>
>>51654931
What kind of smug asshole labels that upside down?
>>
>>51654579
Druchii are Dark Eldar if Dark Eldar are cool.

Their politics are super filled with backstabbing and betrayal, but seem somewhat more stable than the Dark Eldar. Nobles are above common druchii, and men and women are stratified. Generally, only men fight as soldiers, but are not allowed to be sorcerers. Woman druchii can become corsairs, and it's one of the best routes to rise high outside of joining the Cult of Khaine.

They're a nation, for sure, and work together much more readily in opposing local beastmen, the lizfags, their local chimp-tier humans (the Hung), and of course the elves of Ulthuan.
>>
For those who play older editions, are you okay playing against newer models like the curent spirit hosts or the newer hammerers and longbeards?
>>
>>51654579

You have to consider that the Druchii hatred of other elves is actually pretty well deserved. Everybody liked them well enough when the land was crawling with daemons, but as soon as peace time hit suddenly Khaine worship is something of a faux pas.

Malekith's little coup aside, the DEs as a whole got a raw deal and the basis of the civil war is not entirely unreasonable.
>>
File: 1478120042343.jpg (48KB, 450x613px) Image search: [Google]
1478120042343.jpg
48KB, 450x613px
>>51655363
Nice try, Malekith.

Khaine was always a god reserved for times of war, but even that could be forgiven. Seeing as how the Cults of Pleasure and Excess were founded in Nagarythe, a cult dedicated to Slaanesh, the rest of Ulthuan was right to kick them off the island.

That's also some pretty insane logic.
>>Oh we just murdered a bunch of princes in cold blood, work with Chaos worshippers, poisoned the king and tried to call it suicide, attempted to take the crown and then when we lost we tried to unravel the Vortex and doom the world in the process
>>BUT that all aside we dindu nuffin man!
>>
File: 1459228144655.png (1MB, 1449x721px) Image search: [Google]
1459228144655.png
1MB, 1449x721px
Tomb Kings are more often than not pretty bro.
>>
File: Realm_of_Chaos.jpg (1MB, 1280x1735px) Image search: [Google]
Realm_of_Chaos.jpg
1MB, 1280x1735px
So the horned rat is a minor god with connections to nurgle but Hashut is independent? (assuming the demon factory in the sky is his)
>>
>>51656213
All gods are independent of one another, but they can still share similar realms of influence. Just because Khaine and Khorne have similar names and are gods of war doesn't mean one is an aspect of the other, they just fulfill a similar role in the culture that worships it.
>>
>>51656320
Sounds like Thorpe talk to me.
>>
File: 1482177856051.png (80KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
1482177856051.png
80KB, 780x780px
>>51656448
I think it's reasonable because it's how gods work in Warhammer. They're presences in the Realm of Chaos formed by the dreams, unconscious thoughts, desires and emotions of mortals, so there's bound to be overlay when these presences gain 'substance', and I'm using that very loosely. Similar but separate.
>>
>>51656213
The Horned Rat was almost certainly originally conceived by Tzeentch. Nurgle got assblasted that he didn't think of it and the skaven first, and tried to steal them (see Clan Pestilens, those fucking heretics).

In the end both got fucked because the skaven are so disgustedly conceited and self-obsessed that the only thing they could possibly conceive to worship is themselves, and the Horned Rat became completely distinct.
>>
File: 20170209220728_1.jpg (552KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170209220728_1.jpg
552KB, 1920x1080px
For anyone interested Vermintide has gotten a lorebook consisting of 197 pages, of which I have collected 3.
>>
>>51656213
If you're ta talking about the forge of souls, that's where Khorne makes all the sweet ass weapons he gives to his favoured worshippers.
>>
>>51656479
Still sounds like "no Chaos Elves because then they wouldn't match muh Eldar" to me.
>>
Reposting a question I made in the WIP thread and nobody had an answer for.
>>
>>51656959
Different strokes. Elves comprehend magic and gods differently than other races, and the Chaos Gods have little hold on them aside from Slaanesh. There are elves that worship him/her, but it's ruthlessly put down in Naggaroth because Malekith knows Chaos worship will destroy his society. The point being that they exist just in small numbers, such as the Druchii Anointed.
>>
File: Chaos-Dwarf-2-2014-05-06.jpg (207KB, 1154x827px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos-Dwarf-2-2014-05-06.jpg
207KB, 1154x827px
>>51656479
Considering gods are just masses of souls, couldn't you have a god who's "just that bit over there in the mix"
>>51656971
Something like this pic?
>>
>>51657049
The problem is that skulls all over the ground occurs literally everywhere in the Warhammer World. It doesn't really make it unique.

Blood rivers, skulls for Khorne can exist in the world.
Swamps and three-eyed frogs for Nurgle can exist in the world.
Crystals and blue rock for Tzeentch can exist in the world.
Flowers and purple rock for Slaanesh can exist in the world.

I can't think of anything for 25mm bases and a handful of chariots that you can look at and straight up say "that model is in the Warp".
>>
>>51657049
They're not masses of souls, but essentially an idea given 'form'. It's what makes the Chaos Gods so much more powerful than the others as what powers them is more basic and widespread. Anger, fear, hope and excess. Now that's boiling it down to its most basic form, but variations on that feed them all the same. In Libre Chaotica, a cultist of Slaanesh being interrogated by a Sigmarite priest remarked that the priest took pleasure in his piety, his devotion to Sigmar. This empowered Slaanesh and it really took the priest by surprise.
>>
>>51656479
I don't think it would work that way across both Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Fantasy. They seem to have different takes on what gods are - 40k especially having a bleak look of most gods not actually being gods, but entities mistaken or worshiped as gods. Also a lot less of them that even partially survive.

>>51656971
Most I can suggest is some funky impossible stuff. Like, rocks that look like skulls, rivers of blood...
>>
>>51657034
Naw, according to Thorpe they can't exist because Chaos can't corrupt them because, as you said, they apparently understand how the Warp works which for some strange reason makes none of them want to be Daemon Princes. Chaos just plays with their emotions making them do exactly what it wants them to like puppets with no free will.
>>
>>51657146
>rocks that look like skulls, rivers of blood
The problem is that kind of stuff isn't out of the ordinary in the Warhammer World.

There's nothing you can put on a base that I can think of that says something that only exists in the Warp and not just some random Chaos shit that occurs because there's Warpstone around.
>>
>>51657146
In 40k, there's literally no such thing as a god. There's only Daemons and mortals with phenomenal psychic power. The only real difference is that Chaos is by default stronger because it is all the power that exists, everything else is just an insignificant sample stolen from it that will eventually return.

In Fantasy, gods are just mortals that are supercharged on magic like in a lot of D&D settings. That fact causes mortals to lose faith in everything but Chaos, skipping the middle man and going straight to the source of all power. Chaos is purely an invader, a parasitic dimension that is consuming the entire world and all things in it.

In both settings, Chaos is basically infinite while the material planes are just bubbles floating through it that eventually pop. The only exception to the rule is Blood Bowl, because gridiron football somehow broke both Chaos and the material plane and caused both to play by the same set of rules.
>>
>>51657153
That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>51657153
I wouldn't put too much stock in what Gav Thorpe says, since Warhammer canon is basically 'everything is canon, not everything is true'. There's so many writers making changes and fans just have to make sense out of it.

Interestingly enough Gav Thorpe wrote the Dark Elves 6th edition book and was basically the guy in charge of the Storm of Chaos, which included the Cult of Pleasure rising once more. Just because they can't be corrupted like others, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The majority of Dark Elves see Chaos for what it is but some still get snared by the lure of Slaanesh and what he can offer them and their senses. Otherwise you wouldn't have a cult dedicated to a pleasure god or Druchii Anointed. They simply see themselves as masters of Chaos, in which lies the trap.
>>
>>51657239
>gods are just mortals supercharged on magic

Huh? I know that a lot of gods ended up in mortal forms during End Times, but I thought that was because they were losing their power as gods.
>>
>>51657345
No, the universe was revealed to by cyclical. They never really got into who gods like Ulric originally were, but it was clear on every god they bothered going into originating as mortals. Which was always true of the Dwarf ones anyway, its kind of fitting that what blew the minds of the humans was obvious as fuck and ordinary to the Dwarfs.
>>
>>51657242
That's what most of us say.
>>51657247
I dunno what the fuck happened with Thorpe. It seems that the end of SoC made him decide to put it in stone that things he didn't want to exist just can't.
>>
>>51657832
The only thing I can think of is the fan reaction to the end of SoC making him bitter. The weird thing is how he did a 180 on things, as he wrote the Dark Elves books and then later on changed the Cults of Pleasure from Slaanesh to the 'evil/bad' elf gods.
>>
>>51657113
The Warhammer worlds topsoil is made out of skulls.
>>
>>51658570
The warhammer world is just one giant skull at it's core, covered with smaller skulls as its soil. Dust is just really, really tiny skulls.
>>
>>51648858
Snuggels, sit!
>>
>>51658598
I wish that the "it aint Warhammer unless it has a skull on it!" meme wasn't taken literally by GW.
>>
File: AekoldHelbrass[1].png (230KB, 392x547px) Image search: [Google]
AekoldHelbrass[1].png
230KB, 392x547px
>>51657153
The idea that elves can't be corrupted by Chaos makes no fucking sense in Warhammer. Literal doors and kitchenware can be corrupted by Chaos. If the Old Ones could've made shit immune to the influences of chaos and the winds of magic with a lesson in metaphysics and the true nature of the universe, they wouldn't have had to try and create anything but the lizardfolk and the elves. The whole idea was to create something that breeds fast enough, is resistant to chaos without being autistically conservative, physically capable of fighting, and can grasp strategy & tactics.

Came pretty close with the Halfling/Ogre pairing, honestly.

Fucking nonsense.
>>
File: IMG_1569.jpg (78KB, 526x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1569.jpg
78KB, 526x600px
>>51650058
We're humans so we'll call them Gors
>>
>>51656733
cool, how do you unlock them?
>>
>>51657818
Which is a pretty fucking dull way to have your metaphysics work.
>>
>>51649812
>>51649996
>>51650019
>>51650058
>>51658822
Speaking of Gors. Why the heck is there a Dwarf Karak called "Karak Ungor"?
>>
>>51658857
>beastmen
>deformed humanoids, hairy and smelly, with a short temper and craving for booze

>dwarfs
>deformed humanoids, hairy and smelly, with a short temper and craving for booze

Karak Ungor is the cradle of dwarfkind, where a band Ungors exiled for being not just hornless but also very short decided to declare themselves a new race

notice similarities between words Karak and Kazrak
>>
>>51658875
Khazrak-a-Khazrak would be a wonderful place to live, sign me up.
>>
>>51649812
>>51649996
On the other hand, plenty of primitive/barbarian peoples and tribes never had a real name for their kind, despite clearly recognizing themselves as separate from others, merely referring to their own kind on terms of "the people", "the volk", or some variation of "home"

The own is only relevant in the context of others.
>>
>>51659414
variations on "We" were also common

>looks at US
some still do
>>
>>51658835
Which is just more evidence of how Warhammer Fantasy and End Times/Age of Sigmar is not the same setting, regardless of canonicity.

Because that's simply not how deities and the-powers-that-be work in Warhammer Fantasy. Other than the dwarfs, at least, but they're more or less insulated, so exactly how they affect the aethyr/warp is pretty much unknown.
>>
>>51659424
>variations of "We" were also common
Yeah, probably should have said that, too. We are us, so to say.

>some still do
Hey, joke about the American'ts all you want, but it's actually true. Look up the etymological origin of Deutsch & Dutch. It basically means "[belonging to] the people/race/nation".
>>
>>51658787
>Literal doors and kitchenware can be corrupted by Chaos
CHAOS GODS!!! GRANT BE YOUR SPOON!!!
>>
Does anyone know if Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2e is available as pdf anywhere?
>>
>>51659716
Check the pastebin links under Resources in the OP.
>>
>>51659764
Ah! Thanks. I assumed it was just the battles pdfs there.
Much obliged!
>>
>>51659452
Which is just more evidence of people making mental gimnastics. It wouldn't be the first retcon GW. They are just a point in the timeline we are just not interested in talking about. Period. Let's not squabble over petty semantincs and stupidity. There's many more things of more interest to discuss.
>>
>>51646147
the quality of the image is too low for me to read
>>
>>51659865
Its an entirely different timeline.

The 6th edition/SoC/WFRP 2E timeline is what most people here seem to go by.
>>
>>51659795
I've asked several times for op to mention wfrp specifically.

Some of our best discussion is about the RPG but we get many more people asking if it's ok to discuss it or needing to be pointed to the resource page for basic details
>>
>>51649939
It refers to all the bull and goat ones, which are the ones who make up the range
>>
>>51657121
In the old lore the chaos gods and other warp entities were created from similar souls swirling together with only their most powerful emotions and aspects remaining
>>
Someone want to help me finish/revise my 1,000 point 6th ed VC Army list?

Got a fight this weekend against an allied force of O&G and Lizardmen

>LEADERS

GENERAL: Necromancer - 65
lvl 2 Wizard - 35
Cloak of Mists & Shadows - 45

- Total: 145

Wraith - 90 pts

- Total: 90

>CORE

20 Skeletons w/ light armor & full command - 225

- Total: 225

3 Bat Swarms - 180

- Total: 180

>SPECIAL

5 Black Knights w/ barding & full command - 165

>RARE

Banshee - 90

>ARMY TOTAL

Sitting at 895 right now.
>>
File: 20170209220636_1.jpg (512KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170209220636_1.jpg
512KB, 1920x1080px
>>51658834
You find them scattered throughout the various maps, they're glowing scrolls.
>>
>>51660594

I'm not an expert but I think Black Knights were quite good so I would maybe add some more of those or beef out the skeleton horde a bit more.

I don't think you can summon past your starting number in 6th.
>>
>>51656733

Seems quite detailed.

I'm on console so I won't see this until the end of the month.
>>
>>51660594

Depends how competitive you're playing but no Vampire?
>>
>>51645030
That's a good description of greenskins and a really bad description of muslims
>>
>>51658787
No Chaos Elves makes no sense when you have Chaos Dwarfs.
>>
>>51645030
Don't taint my beautiful green muscle-men with those heathens.
>>
>>51661156

You can summon past the starting number in 6th!

>>51661197

Yeah, under 1,000 means no lords.... You think a thrall is worth it over the Wraith?
>>
>>51661335

Oh right, I still think for 100 pts you're basically going to be buffing an existing unit.
>>
File: 1421514973130.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1421514973130.png
362KB, 700x700px
>>51661277
Why?
>>
>>51661383
Elves can gain from Chaos. Become powerful immortal sorcerers, become Daemon Princes. Elves can sense the positive aspects of Chaos.

Dwarfs gain very little in comparison. No immortality. The power they can gain in magic is damaging to them. Dwarfs are blind to magic, and can't see anything but the corruptive physical effects.

Both are races Chaos was supposed to have no effect on. Mankind was rejected for being able to be corrupted by Chaos. It makes no sense for only the first creation to be 100% immune to temptation and the most susceptible to manipulation.
>>
>>51661277
The dwarfs who would become the Dawi Zharr were isolated and trapped with mutation running rampant even with their hardy resistance. They had no choice but to serve Hashut in order to survive. The circumstances were entirely different than that of the Cults of Pleasure.
>>
>>51661561
Sounds like Naggaroth.
>>
>>51661638
Naggaroth was founded thousands of years later. You know, not the time when the world was literally ending? It was actually at a stable time, comparatively, as both the elf and dwarf empires were still around. The Druchii may have had a hard time establishing their new nation but that's nothung compared to a Chaos Incursion without the Vortex around.
>>
>>51661681
Counterpoint; Chaos mutation only ocurred in Dwarfs AFTER they fell to Chaos, and Dwarfs have been in far more desperation and isolation since.

CD fell because a Warp entity tempted them. There is no reason one wouldn't tempt Elves.

Furthermore Dechala is canon. Her backstory is Chaos Elves, desperate during the first invasion.
>>
>>51661784
Wrong, the mutations was what their unnamed king was so desperate to save them from that he made a deal with Hashut. Save his people and they will serve him. I'm not saying that elves can't fall to Chaos, the Slaanesh cults prove that, only that the circumstances that create them are very different and that even the Druchii put them down mercilessly.
>>
>>51661326
>>51661267
Oh, and they have suicide bombers, too.
>>
>>51661326
>ALLAHU ORKBAR
>>
File: 1462501782705.jpg (354KB, 800x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1462501782705.jpg
354KB, 800x1211px
>>51661326
If you actually look at history, Islam is pretty cool. It's just it's gone past its golden age, and now seems like the shittiest thing in the world.

I'd really recommend looking at some books or movies that try to portray Islam positively, or at least neutrally. It's not a bad thing to know about - no one hates on Araby in WFB, and just about everyone steals from Arabs when making generic desert cultures anyway. And there's a bunch of unique stuff that gets left out when people do that.
>>
>>51662092
surely you jest
>>
>>51662092
>Islam is pretty cool
I'm glad this post is beyond bump limit.
>>
>>51662092
Considering how Muslims regularly forced others to convert and tried to conquer Europe a dozen times, before the Crusades even, it's hardly unjustified.

Still wish we had more info on Arabs as if my WFRP campaigns take place there I'm making up stuff left and right.
>>
>>51662092
let me guess, you are swedish
>>
>>51662202
"Swedish," perhaps.

>>51662163
You and me both.
>>
>>51662163
I'm not saying that it's never done shitty things. It's just that everyone's done shitty things, and it's wrong to treat them as some big evil instead of another political/religious group.
>>
>>51662373
but then how can I larp as deus vulters?
>>
>>51662541
Dues Vulters would think they're the big evil, so it's in-character.
>>
>>51662373
Why do I only hear these "everyone did shit things"-excuse when it's about muslim shit things, but almost never when it's about crusader shit things?
>>
>>51662373
They are the only major extant oppresive theocratic idealogy that is incompatible with western culture, and they are expanding.
Pretty reasonable to treat them as a "big bad"
>>
New Thread:

>>51662606
>>51662606
>>51662606
>>51662606
>>
>>51662373
The difference is that they're still doing shitty things but are protected like they're some poor and helpless minority when there's a billion of them.
>>
>>51662604
everyone says that.
No one says that crusaders were particularly bad.
>>
>>51659865
>It wouldn't be the first retcon GW.
It's more than a retcon. Fundamental things have changed that render core assumptions incompatible.
>>
>>51663199
Sorry, but not according to my anecdotal evidence. I remember bad threads on /his/ about this.
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.