[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 58

File: Manly men.gif (1MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
Manly men.gif
1MB, 400x224px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

MANLY EDITION!

Just how much of a MAN is your character? Yes, you too ladies.

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st- and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread: >>51625972
>>
So how is going the dragon game and the Jade Regent one?
Which games are still accepting applications that are related to /tg/?
>>
is the healer's handbook here yet?
>>
>>51633617

Ryu got sassy when he grew his beard.
>>
>>51633617
>Daring Champion
He tries, oh Lord does he try, but really, he's trying too hard. He's at his manliest when he's just being himself rather than quoting his favorite chivalric tales.

>Barbarian/Dragon Disciple
He barely even needs to try. He's huge, brawny, bearded, self-assured, and likes to carouse and have a good fight. Everyone around him keeps forgetting that he's barely into his 20s--literally a farm boy.
>>
File: Healing Druid part 2.png (429KB, 804x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Healing Druid part 2.png
429KB, 804x1044px
>>51633687
Yes, it was dumped a few months back, sadly I don't have it, just this cap
>>
>>51633669

Dragon game is doing a little bit of Pbp to get a little bit of an edge on the next session since not a whole lot got done in session one.

RotJR is doing pretty well. Team Stalker is currently ahead of Team Tank, but not by too much of a margin
>>
How important is to have at least 12 of Wis?
>>
Hello everyone. I have come back with slight editing to the concepts and a strawpoll. Which of these archetypes are you all most interested in?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12297995

For the Unchained Fighter:
>Mercenary Lord
Gains a version of leadership where their leadership score is influenced by their ranks in profession soldier. Their followers are their mercenary company. It begins with all warriors, however they have a series of new options for Advanced Equipment trainings that give them special followers. Such as a low level alchemist with brew potion, a scribe with scribe scroll, curriers, stable masters, kennel masters, special mounts, and more.

>Scofflaw
An intersection between the Unchained Fighter and the Unchained Rogue. Makes the unchained fighter a bit more skill based, and gains rogue talents/skill unlocks.

>Pact Master
A concept I had that gives the Unchained Fighter gains a sapient set of armor and weapon. These have a number of abilities the fighter can decide to use each morning. As well it has an encroachment mechanic where the fighter juggles possibly being taken over for extra power.

For the Unchained Cavalier:
>Beast Lord
Essentially this is an unchained cavalier gaining Rage-lite. The idea is based around a more primal version of the Cavalier, separating them out from the knightly stereotype.

>Green Knight
A four level casting Cavalier based on the druid spell list. They would change out their mount of a plant companion along with favored terrain abilities. Their companion will evolve for what terrains they choose and gain access to special abilities rather than bonus tricks.

>Castellan
An archetypes entirely based around defending and fortifying locations. Changed to remove mount and instead lets the Cavalier bond with an area. Changing this bond is fairly quick to get the minimum bonus, then strengthens over time. It allows them to use a number of tactics specifically in that area, mainly for defending their allies.
>>
File: Storyteller Medium.png (1MB, 1078x1898px) Image search: [Google]
Storyteller Medium.png
1MB, 1078x1898px
So /pfg/, tell me a story about your game. What have you done? What are you looking forward to next?
>>
>>51633723
dang I was looking for those new mercies but thanks anyways.
>>
>>51633750
Not at all.
t. Mesmerist
>>
File: 24.png (406KB, 804x1044px) Image search: [Google]
24.png
406KB, 804x1044px
>>51633779
I gotchu
>>
File: 1457629995288.png (96KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
1457629995288.png
96KB, 519x370px
>>51633617
>Just how much of a MAN is your character? Yes, you too ladies.

Shouldn't you be asking us to describe another character in the party we consider 120% man?

Who are some characters in your current games that you'd consider a prime slab of beef?
>>
File: 25.png (263KB, 804x1044px) Image search: [Google]
25.png
263KB, 804x1044px
>>51633790
>>
File: hello my darling.gif (5MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
hello my darling.gif
5MB, 512x288px
>>51633617
>Human Brawler: Is an accomplished athlete, but doesn't get into machismo unless the Ranger is egging him on.

>Gnome Spiritualist: Has that "creepy little girl" vibe going despite being very much an adult. Mostly because she's actually possessed. So, not very.

>Dhampir Inquisitor: Doesn't even count herself among the living, disdains alcohol (and all forms of fun, actually), but prefers bludgeoning weapons. Not much.

>Human Brawler/Magus: Not as much as you'd think, not as little as you'd hope. RIP.

>The-Mesmerist/Something-I-Don't-Know-If-I'll-Ever-Play: Not at all. Why be "manly" when she can simply bend those piddling mortals to her will, invading their every thought until they can acknowledge nothing but her reign?

>That-Other-Thing-I-Don't-Know-If-I'll-Ever-Play-But-I-Need-An-Excuse-To-Play-A-Strix-At-Some-Point: Look I don't even have a mechanics concept for this guy okay?

Gif unrelated.
>>
Is it better bluff, diplomacy, or intimidate?
>>
>>51633818

Diplomacy >>>>> Intimidate > Dirt > The worms inside the dirt > Bluff
>>
>>51633801
Ghenshau bless you friend.
>>
>>51633818
Bluff > Diplomacy > Intimidate

When you need to lie to someone you better make sure you don't fuck it up.
>>
>>51633839
Can't you use Bluff for Diplomacy now?
>>
>>51633818
Diplomacy's generally better if you're just going for social, but Intimidate's better for combat thanks to the support it gets for Demoralize. Bluff's the bottom of the stack for all three.
>>
>>51633818
Dominate Person
>>
>>51633818
Linguistics.
>>
>>51633893
Don't actually do this. Dominate has so many ways it can back fire. Especially if you're trying to actually get the person to help you. It's way to easy to tell a person is dominated.
>>
File: Disgusted Child in her Bedroll.png (494KB, 671x648px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Child in her Bedroll.png
494KB, 671x648px
>>51633617
>All three of my actually in-use PCs are "skinny nerd/10"
>One is/was a father, so that's points, however he's a half-elf, which likely counts against his manliness score
>Second is a skinny twink right off the cover of a BL Comic, and a sperg who only survives social situations due to lots of observations in order to pretend to be a "real human bean"
>Third is a foul-mouthed, drug-addict treasure hunter who is likely the most manly of the three despite being a woman, on account of being the only one (so far) who has charged into combat and sat there trading blows solely because her target pissed her off

I need to branch out from Dex/Int characters, but it's hard when you have an obsession with having lots of skills.
>>
>>51633617
>Just how much of a MAN is your character?
My character's an oracle, but has Throw Anything because they don't have any damage spells. Arrows make good thrown weapons.
>>
>>51633735
And which games are still open?
>>
File: HalberdGirl.jpg (689KB, 2048x2732px) Image search: [Google]
HalberdGirl.jpg
689KB, 2048x2732px
How do I into Path of War? I wasn't playing PF when it tested/came out and I understand it's had some supplemental stuff now?
>>
Which is the best polearm?
>>
>>51633779
It's in the trove buddy.
>>
>>51633617
I'm a doctor, Anon. I have no time for your meaningless definitions of manliness, I have lives to save.
>>
>>51633981
Halbred.
>>
>>51633978
Pick a Path of War class. I recommend Warlord. Read it like it was any other class, skip all the stuff about maneuvers. Figure out what sort of character it is. Then take a look at what disciplines it has. Pick one that sounds cool. Go look through there. Then come back. Got it?
>>
>>51633766
We just stomped some demon summoner dudes who were squatting in our house
>>
>>51633978
So the best thing to do is just choose a class and go with it.

Using PoW you gain a number of "maneuvers" from different "disciplines". Your class determined what disciplines you get and how many maneuvers you get. Different disciplines do different things, for example Piercing Thunder is the polearm discipline.

As well some maneuvers can't be initiated without the right weapon. Scarlet Throne for instance needs you to be wielding a 1 handed weapon.

Maneuvers comes in four types. Boosts, Counter, Strikes, and Stances. Stances are activated as a swift action and you stay it until you activate a new one. They generally provide some buffs. Counter use your immediate action to do exactly what their name implies. They vary from helping you with saves, blocking attacks, to attacking back. Boosts are swift action buffs or utility. Strikes are damage dealing/debuffing/etc, strikes are generally standard actions but there are full round action ones.
>>
How do you sneak in with a Greatsword or something bigger?
>>
>>51633981
Fauchard. If martial, Lucerne Hammer. If stylish with patrician taste, Glaive-Guisarme.
>>
File: akko face.png (155KB, 1066x286px) Image search: [Google]
akko face.png
155KB, 1066x286px
>>51634116
>>51633981

Don't forget Hooked Lance

>>51634109

It just works.
>>
>>51633766
I became That Guy. I found out Opium was 25GP per "dose" (read vial) and decided to start using that as a thrown weapon. Beyond level 3-4, the cost is negligible and everything still takes 1d4 con and wis with no save.

It's getting scary easy to beat things.
>>
How much damage do you get from a sneak attack using a ballista?
>>
>>51634109
Same way you sneak attack with a sledgehammer
>>
>>51634109
See: Backstabbing or riposting with a big weapon in Souls games.
>>
>>51633617
>A Catfolk that had a harem of loyal catgirls all to himself, but he got hit with a mid-life crisis and decided to go out adventuring one day, leaving his best girl in charge of the family

He uses a Large Greataxe though, that gives him some manly points right?
>>
>>51633766
I'm concerned that the game I'm trying for right now isn't gonna happen as the GM hasn't posted anything in weeks. There's another game I'm a hopeful for but based on my experiences thus far I think it's gonna poof.
>>
>>51634251
>I'm concerned that the game I'm trying for right now isn't gonna happen as the GM hasn't posted anything in weeks.

Roll20 or Myth-Weavers?
>>
>>51634227
Simple. To the point. I hate it. I'm going to make up my own backstory for your character.

>In the distance future of 1997, Skynet used a time machine to send a terminator back in time to kill the leader of the Resistance, John Connor. But then the terminator had a mid-life crisis, decided to go out adventuring one day and left the best girl terminator in charge of the family.
>>
>>51634291
I'm not sure how to take this.
>>
>>51634270
Roll20. You can probably guess which. I'kll give you a hint.

It features a five letter word.

Starts with C

Ends with Y

If you post this word in the thread, some autists come and have butt rage enemas over it.
>>
Who even are the good apps to Pirate Game right now? I need to revise my submission slightly, give her a better reason to track down Barbados.
>>
>>51634312
Just pretend you were bit by a stray dog and die.
>>
>>51634336
>good apps
I-I think my app is good. No bullying!
>>
>>51634338
Are you okay? Did someone hurt you today? I'm not sure what I did wrong and why you chose me.
>>
>>51634227

That isn't how Catfolk *work* you silly goose!

Catfolk in Golarion are technically matriarchal in that Catfolk "villages" are comprised entirely of women and children, with the menfolk being lone wanderers that make their way into a settlement, fuck half the village, and promptly get kicked out.

A male Catfolk therefore wouldn't have a harem because he'd technically have one every time he goes into a town of Catfolk girls during the breeding season.
>>
>>51634336
>implying the game will ever fire
Sockpuppet account that went radio silent. Same as the crusaders game. Only games that seem likely to fire have shit DMs.
>>
>>51634336
>Who even are the good apps to Pirate Game right now?
Legitimately DHB has one of the only good apps, and that's sad.
>>
>>51634370
I mean, I'm sorry? I'll try better next time?
>>
>>51634368
What did I just say?

Just pretend you were bit by a stray dog.

And die.
>>
>>51634382
>. Only games that seem likely to fire have shit DMs.

B-But Hell's Vengeance and Rise of the Jade Regent fired!
>>
>>51634382
Molthune was sockpuppet account as well.
There's been quite a few.
>>
>>51634399
Hey man, I think my app is good.

DHB is the monkey?
>>
>>51634416
And they have shit DMs.
>>
>>51634415
I'm just confused, guy, you're sitting here telling me to die and I'm not sure what I've done to terribly offend you in such a way. I just wanna know what's wrong, I'm sorry.
>>
>>51634435
You wound me, anon.
>>
>>51634433
Yeah, voodoo gun monkey looking for his surrogate father.
>>
>>51634406
>I'll try better next time?

I'm not trying to call you an idiot, anon.

I'm trying to point out what you did is invalid with established lore, and presenting the current fluff so you could create a new backstory.

I'm not trying to be like the other guy that's just calling you shit.
>>
Which ones do you think are the worst feats?
Which ones do you think are the best?
>>
>>51634450
>what's wrong
All anons are created equal, but some are more equal than others.
>>
>>51634461

Combat Expertise is the single worst feat in Pathflounder
>>
>>51634476
what a little baby, let me show you

SUCC
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/monkey-lunge-combat
>>
>>51634461
There're way too many bad feats to bother going through it, Paizo needs to meet their quota on subscribers and all. I agree with the other anon though that Combat Expertise is probably the worst feat people actually take.
>>
>>51634322
Candy? Share with the rest of us, dude.
>>
>>51634184
Same as you would anything else.
>>
>>51634524
>>51634476
Combat Expertise isn't even in the bottom 10.
>>
>>51634473
Now you're callin' me retarded. What's goin' on here? We have to solve this miscommunication or else nothing will be solved. Do you think I'm like those foxfags? I'm afraid you've misunderstood me.
>>
Is DHB ever gonna run his game?

His autism actually makes for good setting/lore. At least his races were cool.

Or do you guys think he decided not to run something for /pfg/ because of all the memes?
>>
>>51634514
S-Surely that bit about costing a standard action was an error. R-right?
>>
>>51634547
I can't believe you built a wall. And sent ME an invoice!
>>
>>51634564
>Is DHB ever gonna run his game?

Some people are good at running games, while others are good at being the Idea Guys.

I think DHB is an Idea Guy.
>>
>>51634548
Whoops. Looks like I missed.

I'll explain. "Pretend you were bit by a stray dog" is an old proverb basically meaning "something bad happened to you though you didn't do anything to deserve it."

In other words, bad things happen sometimes, don't stress over it.

"All ***** are created equal, but some are more equal than others" is a quote from the novel Animal Farm. I suggest you read it to get an understanding of the phrase. No bullying. A genuine book suggestion.

Anyways, I'm just messing with ya. No hard feelings, eh? I'll even allow you to call me sempai.
>>
>>51634579
It isn't, anon. It isn't.
>>
>>51634657
Not really the right way to describe it I think. Ideas guy would imply he doesn't get stuff done. He has made and put out all the stats for his setting's custom races and people sort of shat on them because they didn't have anything "cute". Honestly I think that's what discouraged him.
>>
Do you have to use Power Attack all the time to be effective?
>>
>>51634677
>they didn't have anything "cute"
Moot was a mistake.
>>
>>51634686
No, in fact you should use it strategically. You should figure out at what AC your power attack changes from the more effective to the less effective option.
>>
File: BqX9OIX.png (275KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BqX9OIX.png
275KB, 640x480px
>>51634665
It's all in good fun.

Hope your sessions go well, sempai.
>>
>>51634686
It's always good to figure out if you can hit the guy first. If you're confident in your numbers, you can start power attacking all you want.
>>
>>51634693
The thing is the no cute races is objectively wrong. There is literally a long lived all female race in his. I think people read as far as "Tree People" and "Toad People" before having a knee jerk reaction.

Also people were buttmad it had no pathfinder races in it and you had to play one of the custom ones, or human.
>>
>>51634514
>>51634547

Combat Expertise is the worst feat in Pathfinder. Not only is it a shitty feat on its own that you will NEVER use, it's also the prerequisite for a ton of other shit, including entire subsystems that a large part of the game is built around

It's the ultimate feat tax and indicative of the flawed premise of Pathfinder's game design
>>
>>51634741
I use Combat Expertise...

Also Dirty Fighting is a thing now, which is nice.
>>
>>51634741
Luckily with Dirty Fighting, combat expertise isn't as necessary anymore.
>>
>>51634741
Monkey Lunge is worse. Read it again. It ends at the END OF YOUR TURN. Meaning your reach increases, you can't attack, and then it ends. It is literally a feat for a standard action that does nothing.
>>
>>51634784
Much like a Piercing Thunder strike :^)
>>
>>51634784
What about Elephant Stomp?
>>
>>51634784
>Meaning your reach increases, you can't attack, and then it ends. It is literally a feat for a standard action that does nothing.

Uhh, what?

It's a feat designed for the Lunge feat, it's an upgrade that makes it the Lunge feat without the AC penalty.

That's literally what Monkey Lunge is, it's the Furious Focus of the Lunge tree.
>>
>>51634784

No, monkey lunge is a shitty feat. Combat Expertise is a shitty game system.

>>51634783
>>51634782

Literally putting tape over holes in the Titanic
>>
>>51634803
God elephant stomp is so bad. If I wanted to not overrun I would have just charged them. Fucking hell.
>>
>>51634817
Read it again.
>As a standard action, you can use the Lunge feat to increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn, without suffering a penalty to your AC.
>to increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn
>until the end of your turn
Monkey Lunge changes how Lunge works. Lunge is until your next turn, Monkey Lunge is until the end of your turn. Monkey Lunge is really that bad.
>>
>>51634817

Lunge ends at the end of your turn. Monkey Lunge doesn't change that.

The issue with Monkey Lunge is it increases your reach and... then nothing. You can't attack because you've already spent a standard action.
>>
>>51634854
No, Monkey Lunge DOES change that.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/lunge-combat---final
>You can increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn by taking a –2 penalty to your AC until your next turn.
> until your next turn.

> As a standard action, you can use the Lunge feat to increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn, without suffering a penalty to your AC.
>until the end of your turn

One lasts on other people's turns, the other does not.
>>
>>51634877
>>51634850
Well clearly it's a typo or mistake! Let's all email Paizo and point it out to them! Sheryl they'll correct it with an errata!
>>
>>51634877

Are you even fucking reading what you're copypasting?

The BENEFITS of Lunge last until the end of your turn. The PENALTIES of Lunge last until next turn.

Monkey lunge removes the PENALTIES (And gives a new one, but that's because it's a horribly shitty feat)
>>
>>51633617
Does Flurry of Blows stack with two Weapon Fighting?
>>
>>51634943
Or they'll just ignore it or ban you. Remember Ice Tomb?
>>
>>51634953
Are you? Monkey Lunge overwrites anything in Lunge.
>>
>>51634803
>>51634825
Apparently this is how the feat is supposed to work
>overrun target
>if you beat the CMD by 5 or more, target is knocked prone
>you may then make an immediate action attack against the target instead of continuing onward
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l0yn#5

Which begs the question of why they didn't just copy+paste Spiked Destroyer's fucking text.
>>
>>51634962
No. Vanilla FoB is TWF without needing feats, Unchained FoB is a non-shitty TWF.
>>
>>51634962
No, I think it explicitly states it doesn't stack with TWF.
>>
>>51634962
No, both compete for your full round action.
>>
File: 1484673988316.jpg (204KB, 1352x1352px) Image search: [Google]
1484673988316.jpg
204KB, 1352x1352px
My curren character is an annoying three-eyed birbMAN, does that count?
He's super manly with his children's card games.
& is definitely NOT a useless twit with a cursed ulterior motive for his and the parties eventual death.

Pic most certainly not related, because he's 6ft+ and SWOLE.
>>
Any Starjammer torrents yet?
>>
>>51634991
>>51635013
>>51635015
Thanks.
>>
Is it just me or do players get massively ass blasted whenever NPCs lie to them? I roll their sense motive checks beforehand so they don't know if/when I'm rolling them, however when they fail and end up getting lied to, and later finding out, players tend to get massively ass blasted.

To the point I've had two players quit over it.

I don't understand this attitude. It's this and NPCs acting like they have their own lives/agendas that don't revolve around the PCs.
>>
>>51635099

Nah, I'm totally fine with it. Hell, if I knew I was being lied to and failed the Sense Motive, I'd go along with it!
>>
>>51635125
I end up rolling a list of 300 d20s before each session and rather than rolling during session I just go down the list and mark them off.

I also just keep around everything relevant modifier that the PCs may make as an opposed check.

I have always thought the PCs knowing they are rolling opposition is far too much information.
>>
>>51635125
devil's advocate, in this case you wouldn't know because GM rolls errything
>>
>>51634966
do tell
>>
File: 1453595945745.png (332KB, 540x784px) Image search: [Google]
1453595945745.png
332KB, 540x784px
>>51635148

But anon, why don't you roll them in real-time so it at least *feels* like a game?
>>
>>51634514
Wow.... so much shit wrong with that.
>>
>>51635068
Torrents no. Downloads, check 7ch.
>>
>>51635194
Rolling them beforehand doesn't change anything except it doesn't let players know when I'm rolling.
>>
>>51635239
thank you friend
>>
>>51635151
In this case I only preroll their opposed checks.

Sense Motive, Linguistics, and Perception are the major examples. Knowledges as well sometimes.
>>
Is there some comprehensive list of all conditions that apply flat footed?
>>
>>51635293

Flat-footed is not the same as "denied their dexterity bonus to AC".... which really should have had its own proper name.
>>
>>51635324
Oh. Well, is there a list for DTTDBAC?
>>
>>51635099
It's more about taking their rolls from them.

Sometimes they might have abilities that augment their sense motive and if you roll it for them with no indication they lose the opportunity to use them.

Personally among players I trust, I let them roll sense motive and I know they won't metagame if they roll low.
Among players I trust less, I say that they have to ask to roll sense motive and I'll tell them I rolled for them in secret and whether they notice anything.
>>
>>51635344
>Flatfooted from being feinted
>Flatfooted from not acting yet during combat on the first turn
>Flatfooted for not being aware of or not being able to see your attacker

Those are the main ones I know.
>>
>tell my players I am building a campaign with the intention that enemies are built like PCs and will do their damnedest to survive and kill the PCs
>tell them that enemies will have around the same resources they do
>tell them I likely won't make any full caster enemies
>players agree and think it sounds great
>players get mad when enemies cut and run the second they think they may die
>players get mad when enemies don't engage them on fair terms whenever possible
>players get mad that the enemies often go for indirect methods
>players get mad when the enemies manage to kill them

I don't know what they expected.
>>
>>51635376

Blinded
Cowering
Flat-Footed (target hasn't yet acted in combat)
Attacker is Invisible
Stunned
Paralyzed
Helpless
Pinned via Grapple
Acrobatics to Cross Narrow Surfaces/Uneven Ground
Climbing
Running
Squeezing
Social situations preventing awareness of the attack
Successfully Feinted against
Overloaded from encumbrance
"off balance" in the water
>>
>>51635360
>Sometimes they might have abilities that augment their sense motive and if you roll it for them with no indication they lose the opportunity to use them.
I know my PCs sheets. If they have conditional bonuses or rerolls I discuss it with them under what conditions they would use them, and under what number they would use them. Basically build me a little "yes no" tree for it. Then I use that tree to determine whether they use them or not. After each hour I tell them if/how many they used, but not when during the hour they used them.
>>
>>51635424
I dunno anon, that's still taking choice away from them. Especially if it's meant to be an active ability, not a passive one automatically used when they might not want to.

It just seems more like a sign you don't trust your players not to metagame.

(As an added note, I tend to not give players automatic sense motive rolls at all: if an NPC lies to them they need to first suspect it and declare they're going to roll sense motive for me to tell them anything. If they let it slip by then too bad.)
>>
>>51635502
>It just seems more like a sign you don't trust your players not to metagame.
I don't. I have never met a player who doesn't metagame.
>>
>>51635424
Too lazy to quote your original post, but...

I just wanted to say I personally like secret rolls as a player because it deters meta gaming from other players.
I don't know why but players who don't meta game their own rolls tend to meta game others'.
For example: "Oh shit he rolled low on checking for traps, I should probably roll too despite probably not bothering normally." Sometimes it's a subconscious reaction and not a conscious decision.
>>
>>51635509
To be fair, some amount of metagaming is inherent, even for the GM. For example, I'll usually track attack rolls against enemies and guess their AC to make combat go faster when I'm a player. 'Course, it's up to whatever group to decide how much metagaming they want.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>51635502
>they need to first suspect it
Except that's exactly what a successful sense motive roll does, it gives you a suspicion that you're being lied to. And there's a reason for it being automatic. The alternative is pic related.
>>
Which are the most interesting countries of origin for a PC? Which are the most interesting gods?
>>
Describe your ideal party.
>>
File: Lamashtu_holy_symbol.jpg (182KB, 788x940px) Image search: [Google]
Lamashtu_holy_symbol.jpg
182KB, 788x940px
>>51635646
>Which are the most interesting gods?
>>
I want to talk about the City of the Faceless. In the City of the Faceless there were what amounted to Azlanti super villains sent there because they were too fucking dangerous to keep on Golarion. With the number of ways one is able to keep themselves alive indefinitely it stands to reason at least a few of them are alive up there.

Do we have any information on these great villains and monsters of times long gone? Those so dangerous and vital that the Azlanti either couldn't or wouldn't kill them.

The only reason I can reason out that the City of the Faceless even still exists, considering the Moon Scar wants to swallow it up, is because of the defense of these great ancient villains.
>>
>>51635646
Nice baitu there. In my opinion, Ustalav, Milani.

>>51635660
LN Investigator, CG Skald, NG Warpriest, LG Monk
>>
>>51634164
>Fort save DC 20
Nigga what. Also you don't snort opium powder to get high, it's smoked
>>
>>51635700
Why those alignments specifically?
>>
>>51635660
A cute shota trap
A small breasted cute girl.
A large breasted cute girl.
Another cute trap, but not a shota
Maybe one normal dood.
>>
>>51635660
I want everyone to at least contribute a bit to skills. This is how I generally want the divide:
>Social Guy(Cha/Wis Focus)
>Espionage Guy (Cha/Dex Focus)
>Brains Guy (Int/Wis Focus)
>Physical Guy (Wis/Str Focus)

Now my idea classes for each amounts to something like:
>Social Guy
Bard
>Espionage Guy
Investigator
>Brains Guy
Witch
>Physical Guy
Ranger

Through this you have Damage, Debuffing, Battlefield Control, Utility, Buffing, and Support all covered. All the skills are covered. Plus I like the classes. Witch is the weakest of the tier 1 classes, but provides things the party needs like long range teleportation & resurrection.
>>
>>51635744
> long range teleportation & resurrection.
Pure cancer.
>>
>>51635744
For Alignment I would prefer they be Kept on the left half of the chart and lean Neutral. I put my alignment tier chart as the following:

Top Tier:
LN, TN

High Tier:
LG, LE

Mid Tier:
NG, NE

Low Tier:
CE, CN

Garbage Tier:
CG

This is based on personal experience of who is generally the most disruptive.
>>
>>51635764
The teleport I can agree with you on, but
>being able to save characters from being killed off for good once you reach high levels
>being bad at all
>>
>>51635764
There are things the system assumes you eventually have in some capacity. It's better to have a spell caster manage it for you rather than having to go purchase them.

Especially resurrection.

I'm also surprised how ass blasted /pfg/ gets about resurrection, but also about characters dying ever. This seems to be the prevailing opinions that neither should be around, which just seems like coddling. Better to have death be on the table and resurrection available. It amounts to a more honest version of no resurrection but characters never die.
>>
>>51635744
Play cavaliers, be the brawn and the face
>>
>>51635660
>Main damage dealer and tank, the one you can send into any melee situation and know they'll be fine
>Mobile rogue-type skirmisher also on the frontline, especially flavorful if they were more about debuffs with okay damage
>Caster in the back, either the fragile one who deals loads of damage or the one who buffs the first two
>I dunno, flexible slot.
>>
>>51635798
>making death meaningless
>being good at all
>>
>>51635798
I personally think once level 9 or 10 rolls around (depending if your caster is prepared or spontaneous) having to caravan should be a thing of the past.
>>
>>51635660
It's always been a dream of mine to be in a functional party where one of the characters is clearly evil aligned.
>>
>>51635809
I complain about character death whenever it happens where players are too low level or otherwise unable to reasonably access resurrection.

Once players have it, sure, up the lethality and let them get offed on a lucky crit from an enemy. Until then death is essentially permadeath and that sucks.
>>
>>51635820
See, I have had people champion this, but then be entirely unreasonable when their character died. Death is still not meaningless because for Raise Dead to work you need a fresh and in tact corpse. The more destroyed/old it is the more pushing strength you need to get it up.

Even then you can hit the point even True Resurrection doesn't fix it.
>>
>>51635853
Probably because you're the type to make pure bullshit encounters given that you think Long Range teleportation is a necessary and welcome edition to the game.
>>
>>51635646
PF gods aren't so great IMO.
>>
>>51635706
For Investigator, Skald, and Monk, it's because that's how they strike me. Investigator is a detective, a lawman. Skald is a raging wanderer with a cause. Monk is peaceful and seeks resolution. Warpriest is NG to fill the gap and to worship the GOD OF GAINZ
>>
I want to die, lads.

What is the best way to die with dignity in a campaign?
>>
>>51635809
>I'm also surprised how ass blasted /pfg/ gets about resurrection, but also about characters dying ever.
It's almost like /pfg/ is a several dozens of people, some of whom have irreconcilable opinions about how the game can and should be run.
>>
>>51635712
Underrated meme.
>>
>>51635880
Sure buddy. Long Range teleportation allows you to move from point of high action to high action. Is caravaning such a large part of the game to you that you believe the game is invalidated without it?

No really, explain to me your reasoning of why long range teleportation ruins the game.
>>
>>51635937
Eaten by gnolls.
>>
>>51635955
I appreciated it too.
>>
>>51635780
>CG worse than CE
Man, I wish I had that experience.

God Tier:
LN/NG

High Tier:
LG/NE

Meh Tier:
TN/LE

Low Tier:
CG/CN

Shit Tier:
CE
>>
>>51635940
It seems as if both are the majority opinion however, but that might be because of two separate vocal minorities who only act when to defend their opinion but not to attack the other, or vice versa.
>>
>>51635937
Heroic last stand to save the other party members or friendly NPCs.
>>
>>51635961
Destroys any time sensitive tension. Fucks with world-building, and essentially warps the campaign around which mass teleporting kill squad shows up at the most inconvenient time.
>>
>>51635937
In a great gambit. Do something flashy and insane.
>>
>>51635937
Require more input. Character and campaign details.
>>
>>51635988
I love these. I regret that I've never gotten a chance to have one.
>>
>>51635999
>Destroys any time sensitive tension.
Entirely incorrect, the time merely compresses. Teleportation gets you to the threat, but by no means solves it the second you get there. All it does is shave the travel time from the time limit. I have run plenty of time sensitive encounters and missions with long range teleportation being a thing.

> Fucks with world-building
Only if your world building is build around the fact there isn't any long range teleportation. Anyone with sense that has long range teleportation in their game account for how common it is in world building. If you didn't that falls on your head.

>and essentially warps the campaign around which mass teleporting kill squad shows up at the most inconvenient time.
This shows me you either got to be trolling or are retarded. How common is teleport? How many people reach a level where they can teleport? Really if your game is ruined by the fact that it exists it is a self inflicted wound.
>>
>>51633759
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12297995
Does anyone have questions about any of these? I am around to answer.
>>
>>51636058
And you know what you end up with when you account for it properly?

Tippyverse.
>>
>>51636076
Not really, since apparently the only one I like is the one everyone else hates, and the one I hate is the one everyone else likes.
>>
>>51636081
Tippyverse requires far more than the existence of teleportation.

Tippyverse requires enormous numbers of high level casters. It requires auto-resent non-aggressive traps, it requires purposefully lenient readings of the rules.

There is middle ground between the two. It is not a binary switch between "Low Fantasy Shitpile" and "Tippyverse".

If the number of people who can greater teleport number in only a few hundred then world does not change besides minor globalization in certain respects. If there are only 2 people on the entire planet who can cast a 9th level spell then one can easily account for them in world building.

You're being purposefully dense.
>>
>>51636107
The Scofflaw?

Thus far they seemed fairly even on votes, except for the Scofflaw lagging behind.

Which do you hate? What aspects of it do you not like. We can address them.
>>
>Boon Companion
>The abilities of your animal companion or familiar are calculated as though your class were 4 levels higher, to a maximum effective druid level equal to your character level.
So what if my effective druidic level is also my character level? Does this feat do nothing? Or does it still increase their stats as if I were four levels higher?
>>
>>51636129
>If the number of people who can greater teleport number in only a few hundred then world does not change besides minor globalization in certain respects.
>I can pop in and get information and goods from around the world in a matter of fucking minutes at worse.
>minor
>>
File: background.png (54KB, 883x534px) Image search: [Google]
background.png
54KB, 883x534px
>Tfw Forever GM who always gets to make characters and never play them
What are your most interesting characters you'll probably never play /tg/?
>>
>>51636081
>Google Tippyverse
Man, the guy who wrote this seems way up his own ass.
>>
>>51636155
Does nothing. It's a feat for rangers or people multiclassing.
>>
>>51636160
Yes, it changes the setting. I'm not saying it isn't. However if the number of people capable of doing it number in the 100s it doesn't destroy a setting, it merely changes a setting. The amount of goods they can transport is limited. The information they pass around is not difficult to account for (and they could do it with fucking sending too). If the character wants to go more than a few hundred miles they need to be 13th level.

The number of 13th and above less characters should be less than a few dozen. The number with teleport maybe 2 dozen. Even in golarion there are very few people level 13+, fewer with greater teleport.

If a few dozen people with greater teleport destroy your setting you have a pretty fucking flimsy setting

No really, are you trying to be dense?
>>
I'm going to a Pathfinder Society session for the first time next week.

What do I need to take?
Anything else I should know?
>>
>>51636213
Prepare an escape route.
>>
>>51636213
Bring a Synthesist Summoner
>>
>>51636233
This desu
the caliber of person you are likely to meet at a PF society game is gonna be rock bottom, I'd personally rather play a roll20 game, at least then you don't have to smell/look at them
>>
>>51636208
>The number of 13th and above less characters should be less than a few dozen. The number with teleport maybe 2 dozen. Even in golarion there are very few people level 13+, fewer with greater teleport.

There are places in the world with level 15 guards.

There are entire species of demons that can teleport around the globe naturally.

That is literally just an ad-hoc excuse to explain why the world isn't broken with spells like that around, when it clearly should be.
>>
>>51636195
Ah, what a shame.
>>
>>51636052
I've done this once with a Pally.
>>
>>51636213
Don't act like /pfg/. Don't sperg. Go there with an open attitude and be friendly. Try and make friends for other campaigns possibly. Have a fun time chatting about your build/the scenario.

Bring out printed out pages of what ever feats/etc. you're using in your build. Printed out pages from books are allowed, so just find the PDFs in the trove and print out the individual pages.

Remember the most important thing is to have a good time, but don't shit on other's fun to do so!
>>
>>51636271
Fuck even in the villain codex their is an ENTIRE ORGANIZATION that uses teleport to kid nap sacrifices from around the world to use in rituals.
>>
>>51636274
Not really. Animal Companion scaling might not be as good as PC scaling but it's not bad, and you certainly shouldn't need the companion of a druid 4 levels higher than you.
>>
>>51636271
>There are places in the world with level 15 guards.
I'm not saying Golarion's world building isn't fucked. Because its is yours doesn't have to be. World building isn't destroyed by teleportation existing.

However making everyone able to teleport does and making it common doesn't do it either, it just changes the setting.

Also where has level 15 guards?

>That is literally just an ad-hoc excuse to explain why the world isn't broken with spells like that around, when it clearly should be.
Again, it doesn't fucking have to be. If the setting has 1, count them 1, guy who can greater teleport does it destroy the setting? This is an extreme example, but does it.

I'm not saying Golarion is not a fucking poorly thought out setting. I am saying that you are PROBABLY smarter than paizo devs and can think through the consequences of some people have teleportation.

Fucking hell you can't be this dense.

>There are entire species of demons that can teleport around the globe naturally.
And this is the reason large numbers of outsiders on the prime, or outsiders inclusion on the prime at all can destroy a setting's internal logic.
>>
>>51636309
Again, I'm not saying Golarion is well thought out. Golarion is a setting where they didn't think through how their magic warped the setting, but fucking hell because Golarion is fucked doesn't mean your setting has to be.

Teleportation in and of itself does not destroy a setting, how common it is changes a setting, but does not destroy it unless you have the creativity of a gnat. It doesn't automatically become Tippyverse either if there aren't enough people to support a tippysetting.
>>
>>51636376
>is fucked doesn't mean your setting has to be.
Which is precisely why I'm not including mass long range teleportation.
> how common it is changes a setting
Yes, and usually for the worse.
>>
>>51636148
Mercenary Lord. I hate everything about it. It's basically a martial summoner at best, or just a Leadership whore at worst. It will slow and drag the game down like crazy, and there's no way to change that while keeping the theme at all. I think the entire premise is fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>51636346
>Also where has level 15 guards?

Kasai.
>>
>>51636446
Okay, to clarify: Where has level 15 guards that aren't specifically there just to be high-level mooks in an AP?
>>
>>51636397
Yes but saying a coherent setting can't exist when long range teleportation does is asinine. The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>51635937
Headbutt a Hungry Flesh.
>>
>>51636458
That's still part of the world.
There's also this bit
>>51636309
>>
>>51636188
I made a flashy jungle harpy alchemist for a game that never got off the ground.

Found her art again going through my things, feels bad.
>>
>>51636528

You should give us the art!
>>
>>51636188
A tiefling Gingerbread Witch that adventures to fund her bakery/sweetshop.
>>
>>51636188
Kobold Ojou-sama who thinks of herself as equal to dragons, and expects people to bow and give her due reverence.
Complete with Oohohohohohohoho!
https://youtu.be/Q-AHUFHHNXw
>>
>>51636590
>that channel
NO, I CAN'T GO BACK.

Also.

>kobolds
>not laughing 'kekekekeke'
>>
>>51636660
So Kobolds are korean?
>>
>>51636590

Does the Ojou-sama have gap moe?
>>
>>51636660
DO NOT FIGHT IT!
LET IT FLOW THROUGH YOU!
https://youtu.be/bbfaF5otJv0

>>51636688
Sadly, I haven't worked too much on the character yet, so I'm unsure what her type of gap deal would be.
Probably give her an insatiably adorable love of spicy food and peppers, or have her start viewing party members she likes as part of her horde, and becomes overly protective to the point of being a mother hen.

She does though have a strong fear of dying, and wants to find some means of expanding her lifespan, so she isn't as short lived as other kobolds.
>>
File: 1486596429896.jpg (331KB, 876x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486596429896.jpg
331KB, 876x1200px
>tfw you will never play or play with a slutty sorceress
>>
How can I phrase this better?

>You can make a special delay action in combat. If you take no actions for 3 combat rounds, you may take 3 rounds of actions on the fourth round.
>>
>>51636811
>never playing with a DS2 pyromancer
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>51636828
By taking a special full round action for three consecutive turns you can gain either two standard actions and two move actions or two full round actions on the fourth turn.

Why?
>>
>>51636836
>desert sorceress top increases female bust size
>>
>>51636811
Why not
>>
File: 1453697131554.jpg (398KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1453697131554.jpg
398KB, 700x990px
>>51636811
>tfw no beautiful busty mute bard
>>
>>51636884
Might make it worth getting in the Ringed City DLC
>>
>>51636568
I'd rather that it not get used by people who aren't me, sorry.
>>
>>51636811
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>51636682
I mean, why not?
>>
>>51633617
DM here have an idea where in my campaign the PCs must find the 8 most powerful wizards, one from each of the schools of magic and convince them to leave what they are doing and help them stop an ancient prophecy. The catch is that i want to create interesting dungeons and adventures relating to each school. EX.
>The necromancer is trapped by a king until he can cure his undead daughter or is freed.
>The abjurer lives on a mountain and uses all his energy to keep the evil underneath at bay until someone takes his place or destroys the threat.
>Diviner went insane from knowing "things that should not be known" and is imprisoned in an asylum until escaping or convincing the wardens he should be let out.
I would like to here what your guys thoughts are on these and making compelling archmages and quests revolving around them.

TLDR brainstorm thematic quests based on the 8 schools of magic.
>>
Would it be poor form to enter a Jade Regent game as a Mwangi?
I wanna be the Yasuke to Ameiko's Nobunaga
>>
>>51636811
Hey man, I apped with one to Sultanas :^)
>>
>>51637190
>evocation is just Megumin
>literally devoted every single spell slot to Fireball, Heightened Fireball, and specially created fireball-esque cantrips
>>
File: 1452698142155.jpg (156KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1452698142155.jpg
156KB, 751x1063px
>>51636903

NEVER EVER
>>
Create Pit + Fireball? Cool combo or fuck the party over combo?
>>
Unchained monks are specifically proficient in spears.
Does that make them monk weapons?
Does that include the elven branched spear?
What if you're an elf?

Still need to take those 6 levels of Sohei?
>>
>>51635703
That's just to resist addiction, not the drug's effects.
>>
>>51637218
I mean, depends on what kind of Mwangi. Just someone descended from Mwangi or Garundi folks but having lived in Sandpoint for a while? Because that's a fairly interesting concept, right there.
>>
File: 2900489.jpg (210KB, 1024x1609px) Image search: [Google]
2900489.jpg
210KB, 1024x1609px
>tfw you will never play or play with a woman over the age of 30

What's it about Pathfinder that makes people so averse to playing mature women?
>>
>>51635502
Right, because a player is clearly just as capable as their character with 20+ Wisdom or whatever mental stat at detecting deception.

You're retarded.
>>
File: sugu's ear.webm (395KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sugu's ear.webm
395KB, 960x540px
>>51637329
>pick an elf
>even the youngest Elf is over 100 years old
>>
>>51637316
Was thinking either an escaped slave, or descendent of a slave. Korvosa is a Chelish city and still has slvery, and Cheliax has been known to outsource slaves from both Northern Garund and Sargava
>>
>>51637349

It's all about the relative age, anon.

I'd only view an Elf the same as a 37 year old human woman if that Elf was 500 ears old.
>>
Wonder how feasible it is to make a Dhampir and play it off like you're a regular human the whole time. I mean, nobody would know unless they strip you to your jimmies right? Unless you start sucking someone's blood or buff spells with blood. Maybe you can bluff your way out.
>>
>>51637329
The older someone is the less likely they are to go out adventuring, which is a high mortality profession. People are averse to playing mature men as well.
>>
>>51637329
I played an 82 year old human woman. Granny "Grizzly" Grelda. I ran a terrorist cell out of the back of my bakery.
>>
>>51637329
I avoid it mainly because it's cheesy.
>>
>>51637395
>The older someone is the less likely they are to go out adventuring, which is a high mortality profession. People are averse to playing mature men as well.

The traditional starting level for /pfg/ campaigns is level 3, that is more than enough to suggest a woman who has made a career out of adventuring.

Hell, wasn't one of the Meme Machine characters for Rise of the Runelords a thirty something?
>>
>>51637443
You can go from level 1 to level 3 in the course of a few days. Level has nothing to do with age.

There were like 50 characters for RotJR. 2% if it was actually one person.
>>
>>51637483
>You can go from level 1 to level 3 in the course of a few days. Level has nothing to do with age.

Which is complete and utter bullshit, if you've got a lifetime to write how your character went from level 1 to 3 than I certainly hope you won't describe it as occurring in a couple of goddamn days.

Fucking hell, even the fetish machine that was Onryou was described as making a grand tour of Avistan challenging dojos left and right, that's more than enough reason to go from level 1 to 3.
>>
Which class or build is easiest to learn Psionics with? I've read about the rules and know them well enough for my GM to let me play one, but it's my first time playing one.
>>
>>51637508
Psion.
Basically a Psionic sorcerer.
No real other class features to worry about.

Remember the golden rule: No spending more power points than your manifester level.
>>
>>51637506
You're confusing backstory with character progression. A level 3 character's backstory can be literally identical to a level 10 character's backstory, because backstory is entirely fluff and level is entirely crunch.
>>
>>51637545
>A level 3 character's backstory can be literally identical to a level 10 character's backstory,

Yeah, if you're bad at writing backstories :^)

Seriously though, a level 10 character's backstory should read nothing like a level 3's backstory. Less details on their origins, more on their exploits, kapeesh?
>>
>>51637604
There is no hard rate at the time spent advancing in levels. The difference in time between a level 3 and a level 10 character could be a year, or five years, or ten years, or no years. Yes a level 10 character should have been adventuring longer, but there's nothing that requires that.
>>
>>51637265
Megumin would just have Fireball, and she only has one spell slot, but in exchange it does 90 + 1d10 damage per level instead of 1d6 damage per level and has a radius of 250 feet instead of 20.

>>51637190
Make Evocation a quest where they have to help Megumin level up by blowing up mountains until she levels up Fireball to do 100 + 1d12 damage per level and a radius of 300 feet
This immediately makes every city nearby hostile to the party.
>>
>>51637604
A level 10 is not necessarily more experienced, they could simply be more powerful and have fought stronger foes. A level 3 could be an expert in the art of killing humans but the level 10 was drilling in preparation to fight undead, golems, and dragons instead.
>>
File: Oni_24117d_5920380.jpg (248KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oni_24117d_5920380.jpg
248KB, 810x1080px
>>51633735

What was the line up for dragon game again?

Any good waifus? Besides the Queen i mean.
>>
>>51637642
I think it's more the other way around. A level 3 character shouldn't own a kingdom, be a prince of a forgotten land, and be planning three revolutions while avoiding daily assassinations with a laugh. I've seen people hand out that sort of backstory, and it's laughable when they're playing a low-level fighter and trying to act like hot shit.
>>
File: NO.jpg (175KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
175KB, 800x552px
>>51637545
>Ensign Kirk's backstory is literally identical as Admiral Kirk's backstory because the timeline doesn't fucking matter
>>
>>51637704
I feel this, I feel this so fucking hard when I look at applicants.
>>
>>51637704
By the game's rules, the one who's "an expert in the art of killing humans" HAS built up a fuckton of experience.

Have you forgotten you gain experience for storyline, discoveries, reading fucking books OH AND DUSTING, IF YOU'RE A FUCKING MAID OR SOMETHING? BECAUSE COMMONER FUCKING LEVELS UP TOO?
>>
File: 360.png (156KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
360.png
156KB, 600x375px
>>51637692
>A level 10 is not necessarily more experienced, they could simply be more powerful and have fought stronger foes.

Uhh... Are you insinuating that people are just "born" with class levels and can go from "punk with a sword" to "slaying dragons left and right" the day after their 18th birthday?
>>
>>51637531
Should I just go Generalist the first time around?
>>
>>51637708
If they have different titles then they have different backstories. Stop watching anime, it rots your brain.
>>
File: 1483652936709.jpg (127KB, 596x670px) Image search: [Google]
1483652936709.jpg
127KB, 596x670px
>>51637720
Some people are just born better anon, there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>51637717
>By the game's rules, the one who's "an expert in the art of killing humans" HAS built up a fuckton of experience.

And experience takes time, anon.
>>
>>51637734

Ackchually, being "born better" is represented by a character's high Point Buy and access to class levels, not having those class levels themselves.

People don't slide out of their mother's womb with 5 levels in Wizard.
>>
>>51637754
Unless you're the glorious golden god Razmir
PRAISE BE
>>
File: LOLIPOPE.png (43KB, 223x509px) Image search: [Google]
LOLIPOPE.png
43KB, 223x509px
>>51637754
sez you
>>
>>51637704
I have played a level 3 character who was a world renown musician, famous in multiple countries and on multiple planes. From what you are saying this is silly.

However the character has a +50 whenever he performed at that level, and would take 10 for a minimum 60 performance. This was without magic items, just with his own class features and abilities. This was even without a masterwork instrument.

Now is it unreasonable that he is that famous?
>>
>>51637763

Anon... Loli Pope is a level 3 Cleric, she only becomes a level 17 Cleric when she's in Flamekeep.

That's the point, you can only resurrect someone if you travel to Flamekeep and beg for an audience.
>>
File: 1455727560872.jpg (953KB, 1075x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1455727560872.jpg
953KB, 1075x1520px
>>51637754
A better way to represent the type of born better I'm talking about would be for them to slide out of their mother's womb with a x10 experience rate gain and also a special class with their name on it to dump bullshit powers nobody else has
>>
>>51637781
>slide out of their mother's womb with a x10 experience rate gain

And they lose that experience rate gain the moment a campaign starts?
>>
>>51637770
No, it's unreasonable they have a +50 in any skill because that involves a fuck ton of optimizing.
>>
File: 1470414557441.png (41KB, 187x238px) Image search: [Google]
1470414557441.png
41KB, 187x238px
>>51637792
No, of course not. They simply become so overpowered, so quickly, that unless they're basically comic relief they instantly become That Character and nobody wants to play with them anymore
They have special snowflake powers too. Nobody really likes special snowflakes.
>>
>>51637695
Lameeka is a kobold alchemist. She's not that fond of getting used as a bodypillow supposedly, but some people like causing such embarrassment.

Zev is a prim and proper maid of the christmas-cake variety, who turned many young girls into prim and proper young noble ladies, and thus likely then proceeded to watch enviously as they all threw it all away to get seduced by strapping young lads. That kind of girl's just begging for someone to sweep her off her feet.

Celisse is already some human NPC's wife, but may perhaps be inclined to give him a surprise by being discovered in bed with another draconic lady of good standing.

Astarte is a sister of battle or something. She's also stuck in that suit of hers. Now, while it's entirely possible that maybe there's, like, a hatch, chances are she's feeling frustration like nobody's business.

Atolm is irrelevant to our interests since he's male.
>>
>>51637720
Now let's be fair; Something like a Sorcerer might. They get all their power genetically, so they could be sitting on a goddamned powderkeg of insatiable cosmic power if they're unlucky. And a lot of Wizards could arguably have the power of "Read even more books than the 3rd level wizard" rather than "Stabbed 10,000 boars".

It's just a good rule of thumb, imho, to keep your low-level characters humble and your high-level ones with reliable or consistent victories in their past that won't overshadow what they'll do in the future.
>>
File: 1408141516647.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1408141516647.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
>>51637731
>Admiral Kirk
>Anime
I think we've got a cultural emergency on our hands.
>>
>>51637824
>reliable or consistent victories in their past that won't overshadow what they'll do in the future
This is the biggest problem with epic backstories for low-level characters
So your level 4 is this highly respected priest and did all this random shit and yada yada...but he dies instantly to a wraith?
>>
>>51637837
>post with a manga picture
>not anime
I want you to die slower than I do, so I have to suffer through less of you than you do of me.
>>
>>51637824
>low levels humble
>high leveled ones with room to gain
This is how you give the DM room to work with and not feel like you've made a character that's already succeeded in their personal quest.
>>
File: 1485042670655.png (219KB, 647x614px) Image search: [Google]
1485042670655.png
219KB, 647x614px
>>51637837
He's an autist complaining about the reaction picture

>>51637852
Manga is not anime you retard and even if it were complaining about a reaction image is literally imbecilic
>>
To be fair let us put something in perspective. In pathfinder the leader of the Lion Blades, Dominicus Rell, Taldor's secret police/espionage shadow organization is level 9. Severs DiViri, Lictor of the Order of the Nail is level 10.

People of international importance, the leader of organizations who influence stretch across continents, and those who shape world events, seem to be around level 8-10.

However we also see important individuals like Eliasia Leroung, Headmistress of the University of Korvosa, an internationally respected organization, is a level 3 aristocrat.

So it's all over the fucking place I tells ya.
>>
>>51637861
It was a fucking joke. I'm sorry I offended your Jap media.
>>
File: 1389179134729.png (23KB, 199x301px) Image search: [Google]
1389179134729.png
23KB, 199x301px
>>51637850
>>51637824

I thought this bull-poop was common knowledge?! You're never supposed to make your low-level character hot stuff unless you either imply or directly state they de-leveled through sheer laziness or inaction!
>>
>>51637900
Most people just want to feel like badasses, anon, even if they haven't worked for it yet.
>>
>>51637900
Or growing old. A guy who was level 7 in his youth could be down all the way to level 4 in old age merely by getting old.
>>
>>51637884

The Headmaster of a University has a shorter scope of responsibilities than the Grandmaster of a Militant Order, anon.

Someone with 18 Intelligence and full skill point allocation in certain Knowledges at level 3 will be able to pass damn near anything you throw at them.
>>
>>51637884
My personal favorite is Tragshi the Herbalist, leader of the Daggermark Poisoner's Guild, which apparently has continental, if not global prestige.

Level 5 druid.
>>
File: 1446639653878.png (161KB, 270x348px) Image search: [Google]
1446639653878.png
161KB, 270x348px
>>51637912
>A guy who was level 7 in his youth could be down all the way to level 4 in old age merely by getting old.

>mfw this is what I was doing with Casimir - he used to be a proper level 6 badass until he spent a decade reallocating his talents into Artisan, hence the 3/3 split.
>>
>>51637819
You forgot one.
>>
>>51637925
So he depowered by... becoming Gestalt?
>>
>>51637922

Daggermark is a two-bit kingdom among one-bit kingdoms in a forgotten region of the world, being level 5 means they're just strong enough to be a possible group to call for prospective noblemen.
>>
What's the best way to play a underground chemist rogue?
Does it combo well with poisoner?
Can I poison a splash weapon before throwing it for double the good?
>>
>>51637942

Y-You make it sound weird when you phrase it like that.
>>
>>51637884
On the flip side, there are Demon Knight Raw recruits that are level 8 fighters.

Levels are bullshit.
>>
If I wanted a level and class reset, I would just say my character pissed off the gods or something.
>>
>>51637695
Dragon meido
Kobold alchemist
Samus Aran
Fat-titted Nerd Dragon
Babby dragon
Dragon princess
>>
>>51637983
Kobold best
>>
>>51637943
>The Daggermark Poisoners’ Guild is nearly a century old, with a reputation that has spread across Avistan and beyond.
Dirty Tactics Toolbox.
>>
>>51637942
Makes sense to me, desu. He was 6-7th level as a dedicated swordsman, but those levels bled off when he retired and focused on the arts instead.
>>
File: Tears In Rain.png (496KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Tears In Rain.png
496KB, 1280x528px
>mfw some of the dragongame finalists have gone eerily quiet since Mythweavers melted down
>>
File: 1474240243331.png (176KB, 560x530px) Image search: [Google]
1474240243331.png
176KB, 560x530px
>>51637900
You'd think a lot of shit is common knowledge, but it isn't. I can't believe you've survived on 4chan while retaining your faith in the intelligence of the average human being.
>>
>>51637940
I don't remember all of them.
>>
>>51638068
I know it sounds stupid to even ask but isn't teleporting behind someone a legitimately good strategy
>>
File: 61009655_p41_master1200.jpg (575KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61009655_p41_master1200.jpg
575KB, 1000x1200px
>>51637900
>>51638068
I have a problem where I sometimes make characters have interesting, featured stories with a lot of magical power... but ultimately, not much of that power is applicable to adventuring. I think that's a neat way to do it too.

Take Neboa, who has done a fancy ritual before, but not really one that helps her in assassinations.
>>
>>51637329
Because I'm disproportionately penalized for playing older characters due to age modifiers.
>>
>>51637960
Because some people believe gestalt automatically means super powered badass when really a level 5 gestalt is still only going to have a +5 BAB...gestalt powers out more than it powers up.
>>
>>51638126
Gotta go for that CHA SADness boi.
>>
>>51638124
I've done one where I made a Wizard who can do ridiculous spells...if only you gave her about three hours to cast, because if you don't she can only cast spells two tiers lower than the ones her level suggest.
>>
>>51638068
>I can't believe you've survived on 4chan while retaining your faith in the intelligence of the average human being.

Anon, I have an incredible ability to compartmentalize all the bullshit I've seen flung around here and assume that, even if I just finished reading about someone's ridiculous backstory habits, the next guy is actually going to be level-headed.

The worst thing you can do is instantly shove everyone here into a box.
>>
>>51637999

Anon, my *sister* has a reputation, that doesn't mean she's particularly famous.

Daggermark is well known as a guild of assassins, but so are half a dozen assassin's guilds in Avistan.
>>
>>51638275
Do you know what Common Knowledge means
Do you know what Average means
>>
>>51638306

Yeah? Common knowledge is average knowledge, and I'm saying I firmly believe that people making characters harmonious to their starting level is common.

The actions of like, 3-4 dorks here and there will not dissuade me from that truth.
>>
Do abyssal bloodline claws stack with flurry of blows and improved unarmed strike for 3 1d6 full BAB (1) at level 2?
>>
>>51638285
Yasmardin Senrir is a Cleric 13, and Blood Mistress Jakalyn is a Cleric 9/Red Mantis Assassin 10. Those are your other two assassins guilds, and Anaphexia and the Red Mantis Assassins are more well known than the Daggermark Poisoner's Guild, but are they level 13 to level 5? Or level 19 to level 5?
>>
>>51638351

You can't combine flurry of blows with natural attacks

You can go Claw, Claw, Punch or Punch, Punch
>>
File: laughingkaiba.gif (488KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
laughingkaiba.gif
488KB, 500x375px
>>51638068
>4chan
>average human being
>>
>>51638384
Aren't fists natural attacks?
>>
>>51638407

They're attacks that use the BAB iterative system
>>
>>51638387
You're right
They're actually more reasonable on average if only because being too unreaosnable has a tendency to get you mocked out of the house
Except /pol/ and /x/
>>
>>51638387

Anon, I have incredible faith in you guys being average human beings who, although given the opportunity to let *all* your emotions out, are at the end of the day rational people who can make rational decisions.

That is how I see you guys.
>>
>>51638435
I see. Are there some other examples other than FoB and NW?
>>
>>51638492
>you guys
Please don't generalize, there are always going to be idiots.
>>
File: 1486517689843.jpg (73KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
1486517689843.jpg
73KB, 620x877px
>>51637443
>career

We both know the best thing about career women.

When they remind us that underneath all the armor and professionalism is still a very real woman that likes girlish things.
>>
File: Groetus_holy_symbol.jpg (45KB, 969x962px) Image search: [Google]
Groetus_holy_symbol.jpg
45KB, 969x962px
>>51638492
I'm torn between my urge to thank you for the kindness and my urge to call you a naive fool for believing in mortals.

On a more Pathfinder-related note, if I can't choose between five or six character concepts for a campaign, should I just build and test them all and see which one I like the feel of most?
>>
>>51638515

Dude, you don't think I account for that? There's always going to be idiots, I just assume they're idiots and not par for the course.

>>51638582

We can't help you unless you tell us the campaign concept and the five character concepts, anon.
>>
>>51638592
He's asking for a generalized answer

>>51638582
If I really can't choose what I generally do is build all of them then choose based on what the party needs
>>
>>51638582
Gotta try to build at least one. Sometimes the build doesn't actually feel right when it's on the page.
>>
>>51638592
>>51638621 has the right of it.

Also, thanks!
>>
>>51638582
>should I just build and test them all and see which one I like the feel of most?

Heck, I wouldn't even build them. Just run them through some mental encounters with that ole noggin of yours and see if they're something you'd want to play.

Really do some Theater of the Mind type shit, try to VISUALIZE them.
>>
>>51638582
If you have the time and emotional energy to make six characters, why not? You can recycle the others later in your own campaign.
>>
So anybody checked out the Kinetic invocation options from Psychic Anthology? I have a feeling that they're gonna be pretty good for the elemental races that get them, along with the Caligni and the plant people races, essentially being extra wild talents you can pick.
>>
>>51638641
Why is that girl not wearing any pants? She's gonna catch her death of cold! Quick, someone get her some pants or leg warmers or something. I bet she's barefoot too, the poor dead.
>>
File: 1396476757855.png (316KB, 683x623px) Image search: [Google]
1396476757855.png
316KB, 683x623px
>>51638663

Maybe she's expecting someone to get those parts nice and warm?
>>
File: howcute.jpg (80KB, 379x441px) Image search: [Google]
howcute.jpg
80KB, 379x441px
>>51638654
>he thinks they'll do something good for kineticists instead of slapping them in the face
>>
>>51638702
Like in an oven? Or next to a campfire? Yeah... I could see that.
>>
>>51638730

>Spreading your legs next to a campfire

That sounds lewd, anon! Very unbecoming of a lady!
>>
>>51638729

I mean

Kinetic Knight is a reasonably good archetype, if nothing outstanding. And the elemental races effectively get Kinetic Invocation for free.
>>
Quick /pfg/ I need your help!
I need a kitsune brawler that specializes in dirty tricks
Starting level is 5, no 3pp is allowed, and I don't even know where to begin, but the game is tomorrow and I'd really appreciate some advice for building and playing the character
>>
>>51638741
>not knowing that warming the femoral artery is the quickest way to warm up your entire body.
>>
>>51638811

Is this why wrapping your legs around a hot man's waist is the easiest way to keep warm on a cold night?
>>
>>51637704
That particular example could be given to a level 1 NPC class, aside from the assassins. A level 3 fighter could feasibly be fighting shitty assassins, I'd wager an adventure path has a similar encounter. I mean, he needs to get the levels from somewhere.
>>
File: daddy.jpg (125KB, 1114x629px) Image search: [Google]
daddy.jpg
125KB, 1114x629px
>>51638851
Hot enough to warm the buns in your oven, yeah.
>>
>>51638851
Yup. Hope you got someone to help you stay warm tonight, anon.
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (85KB, 511x676px) Image search: [Google]
1420750829573.jpg
85KB, 511x676px
>Playing Nioh
>First level boss is called Onryoki

Hmm.

HMM.
>>
>>51637329
I played with a 31 year old woman, as in the player was a 31 year old woman. Online game, friend of a friend, etc.

It was alright.
>>
>>51638898

Kazuma knocked up Dorkness?

About damn time!
>>
File: 1470449749091.gif (550KB, 728x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470449749091.gif
550KB, 728x720px
>>51638900
>Hope you got someone to help you stay warm tonight, anon.

Aha~, funny you should mention that. I'm actually the type who'd be warming someone else! Proper furnace, I am, I'll get you from cold to comfy in a minute flat.
>>
File: konosupa.jpg (104KB, 1134x627px) Image search: [Google]
konosupa.jpg
104KB, 1134x627px
>>51638920
>>
>>51638786
As a brawler the choices you have to make are
1) Feats at 1, 3, and 5.
2) Bonus Combat Feats at 2, and 5.
3) Maneuver Training 1
Your Maneuver Training is obviously going into Dirty Trick. You need Combat Expertise, Improved Dirty Trick, and Agile Maneuvers for Dex to CMB. You should also consider picking up Greater Dirty Trick as a feat at level 6, as it'll increase the duration of your Dirty Tricks. Feats to consider with Martial Flexibility are the Kitsune Style chain (Kitsune Style, Kitsune Tricks, Kitsune Vengeance) and the Swift Dirty Trick feat when you get to the point that you're using iteratives. 5th is probably the worst choice to start this build, because you can't get Kitsune Vengeance or Greater Dirty Trick until 6th level. Once you have those though you should also make sure to have Combat Reflexes. All together this should allow you to make AoOs up to your dexterity bonus, with each AoO being a Dirty Trick that imparts two conditions that last for 1d4 rounds.
>>
File: 1379801729360.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1379801729360.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
>>51638938

Speaking of anime, I have a profoundly non-pfg question to ask you fine folk, and since the thread is dying I can't think of a better time to ask it.

I have tomorrow and Friday off, which means I have nothing to do tomorrow. I've already decided I want to revel in my power level and dedicate all of tomorrow to International movies, manga and anime... Only issue is, what should I watch or read? I've read Vinland Saga, I've watched Konosuba Season 1, I've probably seen all the "major" animated movies, so what should I look into?

I'm talking like, a whole day of this stuff, total NEET mode. I'm good to go, brother.
>>
>>51638993
thanks anon, this'll be great
>>
>>51639044
Konosuba Season 2
>>
>>51639044
Get caught up on Samurai Jack. All four seasons streaming on Adult Swim's website, and in March the new season comes out.
>>
File: Drinking Problem.jpg (127KB, 1134x627px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking Problem.jpg
127KB, 1134x627px
>>51639044
Seitokai Yakuindomo?

For the rest we'd kinda need to know what you're into. Like, you like mecha, or romance, or what?
>>
>>51639044
Read Konosuba, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha, and Overlord; read Kingdom (500 chapters), Ravages of Time (400+ chapters), Medaka Box (200 chapters), SYD, Goblin Slayer, and Tomochan; watch (in this season only) Gabriel DropOut, Konosuba S2, Youjo Senki, and MaiDragon.
Alternatively - just read and watch everything because your powerlevel sounds pitiful.
>>
File: 1452529539914.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1452529539914.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>51639086

I... I don't know enough about anime to have opinions on those genres, though I've seen enough of the fantasy stuff to know that's pretty cool!

>>51639106

That said, I know enough about myself to say I'm not a fan of shonen stuff - it's just a touch too juvenile, you know?
>>
File: mishirothumb.jpg (123KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
mishirothumb.jpg
123KB, 600x356px
>>51639106
>Tomochan
>>
>>51639135
No I don't know, considering Konosuba is Isekai shonen.
Overlord, Ravages of Time, Tomochan, Gabriel DropOut, and Youjo Senki can't even be argued to be shonen; Kingdom I think is supposed to be technically Seinen but reads a little in between; SYD is a gag manga; Rokujouma no Shinryakusha, Konosuba and Medaka Box, while shonen, are considered examples of "good" shonen (the first is a harem that isn't fucking insufferable, the second is a parody, while the last basically makes character archetypes characters). There's plenty of other shit out there too.

Oh - Overlord, Rokujouma, and Konosuba are Light Novels. Don't read the manga for them except as reaction faces.
>>
>>51639106
>Youjo Senki

>2017
>Recommending that
>>
>>51639044
Can you give us a run down of your preferred genre for NEET day? Do you want a single long series, or multiple short ones?

Personally on marathon days I go for a long "downer" series with a more serious tone, then an uplifting film.

If you enjoy sci-fi I can recommend doing Texhnolyze as the downer series, then going for an upper with Eve no Jikan. Eve no Jikan is one of my favorite anime films period, I absolutely adore the movie.

As well can you tell us how japanese you're willing to tolerate your anime?

If you give a list of wanted genres and your preferences for how japanese and viewing structure I can give you several NEET day game plans for anime at least.
>>
>>51639182
If you do watch Texhnolyze I will warn that the first episode can be very off putting.
>>
File: 1484960285095.jpg (269KB, 1001x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1484960285095.jpg
269KB, 1001x1098px
>>51639172
Just stop...you don't know what you're getting into kiddo...t. /a/ PROFESSIONAL HARDCORR W E E B
no but seriously there's nothing wrong with YS

>>51639182
>downer series
Just make him read Muv Luv.
>>
>>51639044
Scrapped Princess, Seirei no Moribito, Katanagatari, Coffin Princess Chaika
>>
>>51639192
The /first/ episode? That entire series is an exercise in nihilism, and if the first episode turns you off it's not like the rest of it is going to be better.
>>
>>51639182

Brother, it has been established earlier in the line of questions that I am a rosy-cheeked greenhorn on all matters of anime, which makes me think I'd very much prefer something that's easily digestible for a huge Pathfinder nerd without being saccharine junk-food!

Like, I'm the guy that got hyped as fuck at One Punch Man, Konosuba and Record of Lodoss War, maybe now's the time to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
>>
>>51639239
The first episode is a bit odd because it is mostly close up shots, grunting, and heavy breathing. The rest of the series is more coherent.
>>
>>51639228
>Coffin Princess Chaika

I'll have to check that one out, it's been memed to hell and back and I need to see what all the fuss is about.

Ooh, is "meme" a genre? I'm a slut for stuff that's popular, I could try to get my feet wet with what's the current or past hotness and go from there.
>>
>>51639245
And also Heroic Age
and if you like romance; Sentou Yousei Yukikaze (best girl)

Log Horizon was fairly enjoyable too
>>
>>51639271
SAO : ^)
If you want meme stuff you need to tell us what you've already watched. Baccano! is pretty high up there, but you've also got older stuff like Vision of Escaflowne from the 90s, and more current stuff like JoJo.
>>
>>51639271
Forget all that. There's only ONE show you should watch.

Keijo.
>>
>>51639044
Read the following: Dungeon Meshi, Terrarium in Drawer, The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children, Nickelodeon, and Voynich Hotel.

Also: What this dude here says >>51639079
>>
>>51639297
Log Horizon will literally never get finished as an anime and all translations, from what I can tell, have also stopped. Fuck Slow Press.

>>51639324
>Baccano!
>meme
It's certainly not Jojo or MWEE tier

>>51639331
>Gate of Babylon is actually UBW
No. Irredeemable garbage
>>
>>51639324
I wish Baccano! was popular enough to be meme instead of fucking Durarara.
>>
File: 1456711435729.jpg (62KB, 736x715px) Image search: [Google]
1456711435729.jpg
62KB, 736x715px
>>51639324
>If you want meme stuff you need to tell us what you've already watched.

But anon, I already did tell you everything I've seen.

One Punch Man, Konosuba Season 1, Record of Lodoss War.

The only mangas I've read are Vinland Saga, Dungeon Meshi, a bit of that one with the super cute tiny wolf-girl who insists the human is part of her pack, and probably one or two others I've forgotten the name of.

Now you see why I don't even have enough info to form an onion?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12249945/

VOTE
>>
>>51639359
So you literally haven't even read / watched the entry level shit? Big Three, Dragonball, FMA, Death Note, Madoka, Log Horizon, SAO, SnK, LoGH, Code Geass, and so on?
>>
>>51639346
>>51639354
tbqh I could not get through either of them. I understand that when you've got a big ensemble cast you're going to be introducing them for a while, but when you're 6 episodes in and you aren't showing any sort of plot then there's a problem.

>>51639359
Yeah, let's start you off on some beginner shit. I'm gonna recommend Yu Yu Hakusho.
>>
New thread >>51639400
>>51639400
>>51639400
>>51639400
>>51639400
>>51639400
>>
>>51639380
>So you literally haven't even read / watched the entry level shit?

Yes Wait! Wait! I watched Attack on Titan like three years ago! And does Dragonball Z Abridged count for Dragonball? Otherwise I've never seen it.

Otherwise... Yeah, never seen or read any of those.
>>
>>51639044
Go watch Summer Wars.
>>
>>51639245
I will just give you a big list of recommended things then:

>Films
Bakemono no Ko
Cencoroll
Eve no Jinkan
Garden of Words
Ghost in the Shell
Genius Party + Beyond
Interstella 5555
Mind Game
Kara no Kyoukai
Kaze Tachinu
Memories
Letter to Momo
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Redline
Steam Boy
Saint Oniisan
Summer wars
Tokyo Godfathers
Mardock Scramble

>Series
Another
Ao no 6-gou
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Barakamon
Black lagoon
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Boku no Pico
Clannad
Clannad After Story
Dagashi Kashi
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
Dennou Coil
Denpa Onna
Denpa-teki no Kanojo
Erog Proxy
FLCL
Gankutsuou
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Genshiken (first season only)
Gin no Saji
Kaiji
Haibane Ranmei
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Hyouge Mono
Joshiraku
Katanagatari
Kekkai Sensen
Kino no Tabi
Kokoro Connect
Kyoukaisenjou no HorizonManwaru penguindrum
Mob Psycho 100
Mouryou no Hako
Mousou Dairinin
Moyashimon
Mushishi
nagi no Asukara
NHK ni Youkoso
Non non Biyori
One Outs
Osomatsu-san
Pale Cocoon
Planetes
Psycho-Pass (skip season 2, watch the film)
Robotic;Notes
Sakamichi no Apollon
Sakamoto desu ga?
Samurai Flamenco
Saraiya Goyou
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Shinsekai Yori
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Space Dandy
Steins;Gate
Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
Texhnolyze
Top wo Nerae! GUNBUSTER
Tsuritama
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Yuu Yuu Hakusho

I realize my list has grown rather long. I tried to cut it down.
>>
>>51639341
Dungeon Meshi is fucking amazing.
>>
>>51639391
The problem with Baccano was more that its plot was all jumbled up than that it took a while to get to plot, I think.

It does have some slow spots, though (anything that contains Eve and not Isaac/Miria, anything that contains Huey and not SPOILERS).
>>
>>51639478
>Literally everything Satoshi Kon did except his best film

the fuck's wrong with you?

>>51639487
Dragon's Seven Adorable Children and Terrarium in Drawer are both done by the same artist, but they're a lot more surreal (think the painting chapter, but even more than that).
>>
>>51639504
>tfw forgot Millennium Actress
It is my shame.
>>
>>51639489
Yeah, my problem with Baccano was slightly different, not the speed and more the character design. I think it was in the second episode, there are four guys wearing the exact same hat, and the exact same suit, with the exact same hair style, talking about some people who haven't even been introduced, and none of them have distinctive ways of speaking (in the sub or the dub, I checked both) and I just had no idea what was going on. I was checked out for half of it.

Killer themes though.

>>51639504
>he thinks Millennium Actress is better than Perfect Blue
>>
File: tim the toolman taylor.jpg (41KB, 470x476px) Image search: [Google]
tim the toolman taylor.jpg
41KB, 470x476px
What's the best 1pp class initiator archetype?
And why is it the Night Terror?
Pic related
>>
>>51639515
I don't really like horror stuff that much

Millennium Actress is basically my favorite movie ever so I'm biased as fuck.
>>
>>51639571
Millennium Actress is fantastic, no doubt. But Perfect Blue is a summary of Kon's themes on isolation, his cyberpunk without cyberpunk, and it's much better at it than Actress.
>>
File: 1474445108229.jpg (44KB, 542x675px) Image search: [Google]
1474445108229.jpg
44KB, 542x675px
>>51639359
>mangas
HEAVEN SHALL FALL

>>51639478
>recommending Kaiji but not Akagi
Why tho
>>
>>51639595
>Why tho
Akagi is still on my watch list. I haven't been watching as much lately because I've been playing VNs.
>>
>>51639612
Just read the manga before Akagi vs. Washizu actually ends lad, the match that lasted 19 years is ending in like a month
>>
Is TWF bad compared to two-handed, why so?
>>
>>51639676
Yes. TWF is much more feat intensive. All you need for THF is Power Attack, TWF needs a full feat chain, weapon finesse, and more. THF also gets more damage on each hit, and each hit is more accurate, which means more damage. And the third thing is that TWF splits the damage up into multiple hits, which means any DR fucks you over hard. There's probably a dozen other things I'm not even thinking of.
>>
>>51639676

First of all, it requires a greater investment in stats and feats to be viable. Secondly, it requires you to pay for two weapons instead of one. Thirdly, multiple weaker attacks suffer greatly against Damage Resistance, which many later-game monsters have in one form or another.
>>
>>51639707
>>51639711

Even for rogue-like and ranger-like characters?
>>
>>51639739
Ranger can help his point buy by getting TWF without the dex prerequisite, and rogue has easy dex to damage, but you're still dealing with the penalties of TWF, the cost of TWF, and the DR that you're going up against. Just because it works doesn't mean it's good.
>>
What's a good way to temporarily lower dex against multiple targets?
>>
>>51639794
Tanglefoot Bags.
>>
Is there any advantage to using daggers over bigger weapons in any situation? What about as backup weapons?
>>
>>51640005
Non-magical concealment.
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.