[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biology of fantastical creatures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Ask any questions you may have about the biology of fantastical creatures and how they can exist and wait for an answer.

My question:
How would rock golems/stone giants, or in general creatures made of stone move if they don't have muscle, assuming they weren't magic or magic is kept to a minimum?
>>
>>51633232
Golems are kid of magical by definition, sicne they're animated constructs.
For "natural" stone creatures, it wouldn't work if they're actually made from stone. Maybe they just ahve a stone-like skin, or the skin is covered in minerals, but they still have soft tissue under the skin.
>>
>>51633443
That seems to be how Ark did it. I'm surprised I haven't been able to find a lot of good discussions on various threads/forums around the internet about it.
>>
>>51633232
Well for 1 I dont think you could do golems without magic since they were originally made using jew sorcery, but I would have to say its something like a tree-man-rock hybrid.
>>
>>51633232
If you could somehow figure out a way to give coral locomotion, that would be pretty close.
>>
>>51633232
>How would rock golems/stone giants, or in general creatures made of stone move if they don't have muscle, assuming they weren't magic or magic is kept to a minimum?
It's literally magic.
If you want a traditional creature made entirely out of normal stone without any muscle analogue to move then you need magic.

If you want something kinda like that without magic then consider an organism with a "rocky" shell or a swarm of tiny organisms.

There are some creatures that you can wonder about their biology even if they're magical like beholders but something like a fire elemental is literally a spirit of the magical element of fire.
>>
Stone/rock "Golems" are called such originally by laymen who did not understand the difference between them and the ones created by wizards.

The one's seen in nature are a form of Elemental which is a jelly like creature that exhibits characteristics of the given element.

Earth Elementals and their varients differ in that their jelly like bodies are more like sineous muscles in which they form rock like skin formed from the minerals they absorb when they bury themselves in the earth. So long as the core is undamaged an Earth Elemental will bury itself and extend it's jelly muscles to collect rocks and minerals around it to rebuild thier bodies.

It is fortunate to find an Earth Elemental because you can determine what minerals are nearby based on the composistion of one's body.
>>
>>51633473
Ark is an overpriced crackerjack box toy of a game. Unsalvageable trend-chasing "me too!" shovelware.

The reason why nobody is having an interesting discussion about, is because nobody capable of having an interesting discussion about it can bring themselves to care.
>>
>>51637143
>It is a form of Elemental which is not an elemental, and shares no characteristics with an elemental.

Liked your description of the creature though.
>>
>>51637432
>>>/v/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.