[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i equip my xv8 crisis battlesuits bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

How do i equip my xv8 crisis battlesuits bros?
>>
File: OrkSuits2.jpg (132KB, 860x441px) Image search: [Google]
OrkSuits2.jpg
132KB, 860x441px
>>51616469
Choppaz, dakka 'n' right proppa Orky bitz.
>>
File: 1388452178456.jpg (284KB, 1024x1443px) Image search: [Google]
1388452178456.jpg
284KB, 1024x1443px
>>51616469
Gotta lean back and spread the legs real wide.
Takes a bit of practice.
>>
>>51616469

Twin Plasma or Twin Fusion are the most common configurations. If you are in doubt, magnetize them.

Generally is preferable to sacrifice flexibility for firepower, so don't mix guns except in some cases.
>>
>>51616761
I hear plasma recommended a lot, but when I fielded 2 crisis with 2x plasma each against my buddies Wolves they got dumpstered hard. Is trying to get into rapid fire range a little too ambitious?

>Not OP
>>
>>51616469
Magnets
>>
>>51617138
If he was using thunderwolvea, wulfin, or similarly fast units, getting that close might be risky, even with the ability to jetpack away.

If you want something a bit more cautious, you could go with missile pods.
>>
>>51617138

No, short range is the the most optimal, but you better use hit-and-run tactics.

When it comes to +3 invulnerable, volume of fire/instakill is more important. Either you go with lots of firewarriors, fusion (instakill for T equal/below 4), or crisis armed with ion cycloblasters/burst cannons and Broadsides.
>>
File: 1475238800407.gif (3MB, 684x340px) Image search: [Google]
1475238800407.gif
3MB, 684x340px
>>51616469
I played forever and a half ago, and back then you couldn't have two separate, identical systems. With that in mind,
T/L MP and Flamer: Cheap, accurate autocannons that can operate without markerlight support and cary flamers for light infantry/overwatch. De-linking the pods gets you double the shots, but you'll need markerlights. Formerly knows as "Deathrain" suits.
Plasma/Fusion: The old MEQ/TEQ killer before Riptides. More reliant on ML support but are dickrippers. Double fuision/plasma costs the same, but more specialized role. Formerly known as "Helios" (PR/FB), "BurningEye" (twin Plasma) and "Sunforge" (Twin Fusion).
Plasma Rifle/Missile Pod: People ran this all day every day, I still run it on commanders. It's a long ranged generalist build that needs ML support or native high BS. Deathrains are cheaper and more efficient at popping transports, but people don't fuck around with Plasma. Formerly known as "Fireknife", the gayest fan nickname.
Twin Flamer/Missile Pod: I use this guy as points filler since he's cheap. He can deep strike with double flamers or sit back with his autocannon shots. Particularly useful for overwatch defense since he staples 2d3 auto hits onto a unit. If your Elites are tight look past him, if you need cheapo units for a formation, he's your dude.

I am old and don't know what the Ion weapon does anymore, and that pie plate chucker has always been whiff-tastic. I never used Burst Cannons on Crisis because I can get S5AP5 fire literally anywhere else.

>>51617138
You fucked up. If you're going to get that aggressive you need to know that the unit you're shooting at isn't going to be a problem by the time you're done. If they're packing Storm Shields your options are instakill them (on natural T5) or drown them in wounds. They hate when you drown them in wounds because it "wastes" the Storm Shield. Half the game is played in your opponent's head.
>>
>>51617138
Don't battlesuits always count as being within rapid-fire range? Like, they can take 2 shots from any range. I think that rule was introduced around the 6th ed...
>>
>>51616469
I usually like to run dual Missile Pods. 4 S7 AP4 shots from each battlesuit makes them good against most threats.
>>
Naked, no guns and launch your Crisis into GLORIOUS COMBAT. At 66pts, they are more or less assault marines. Just don't use them against hyperspecialized melee units.
>>
>>51616469
with magnets

im not fucking joking
>>
>>51616469

With Riptides
>>
>>51617437
Nope
>>
File: 1344131610898.gif (2MB, 817x537px) Image search: [Google]
1344131610898.gif
2MB, 817x537px
>>51617406

>tau fags pointing and shooting right.

Ill not stand for this!

In the Emperors name fire facing left!
>>
>>51616469
Twin-linked Drone Launcher Cannnons
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.