[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: Zellish Fisticuffs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 58

File: 1474490118757.jpg (103KB, 736x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1474490118757.jpg
103KB, 736x1189px
Last time on Song of Swords:
Sentient space parrots except they're made of evil tar
Anarchists may endanger Song of Swords!
Another addition to the hallowed SoS copypasta repertoire
Chironic History Lesson

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is supposed to happen really soon, they have a website made entirely out of corn!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials. At this time the latest version is v1.9.9:
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wik

We also have a Discord now, at https://discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
Come join us if you wanna ask a question or have a friendly fecht, or shitpost at Jimmy in real-time
>>
>>51616143
Did Jimmy ever give a rundown of how the Way of Five fits into religion? Is it its own thing, worshiping the tar, or is the Way separated from theology?
>>
The document continues to update for Sword & Scoundrel, the new name for Band of Bastards. Unfortunately it is not yet in a playable state.

https://dl.orangedox.com/o2L0ZYsRlkZwkkxsf4

>We've cut down the number of maneuvers you need to juggle by a solid third. At the time of writing, the core list has 20, down from 32. Before you panic, we actually found a way to do this that actually makes combat more dynamic while not actually losing any of the options you had before.
So they say.

They thought 32 was too large a number of maneuvers to have. They'd balk at SoS.
>>
Star Wars GM here. We've now run two games, and both have gone swimmingly. Ballad's autism works remarkably well for Star Wars gunfights, and Void and Way of Five magic is a fine stand in for the Force, albeit skewed heavily towards Dark Side powers. I need to homebrew some more Light Side powers, and I'm probably going to make both powers and Wo5 stuff run on the same pool of points.

Other than that, everyone seems to be enjoying it. Taking autism and using it for pulpy space adventures is so far a success.

Jimmy really needs to make ship combat rules, though. I've been bullshitting ship rules, but something for actual combat would be great.
>>
File: 1458035992182.jpg (45KB, 602x850px) Image search: [Google]
1458035992182.jpg
45KB, 602x850px
>>51616143

I'm pretty sure that that's a based Dunmerish waifu anon.

Speaking of TES, do you think that this would be a decent system to run it if I'm trying to get more of a Morrowind feel instead of a Skyrim feel?

Jimmy, would your envisioned magic system be comparable with the TES setting?
>>
>>51617551
It'd be perfect tone-wise, but you're missing all the magic.
>>
Hypothetically Jimjam, how would the various races react to the Old Blood from Bloodborne? What about the Ascended?

Particularly Silver Guard, what with the whole moon aspect of them and their patron.
>>
>>51617758
Or how would Chiron react to the Wolfenstein: New Order version of the Third Reich? Or the Old Blood?
>>
>>51617652
>>51617551
Someone did a TES conversion a while back, including magic. Song of Scrolls
>>
File: 1484419459198.jpg (431KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484419459198.jpg
431KB, 1024x768px
>>51617551
That's why I asked. From what I can tell it seems like combat would be a really good fit but just from reading the few bits of lore on magic I'm not sure it would be compatible as a straight port.

I know that the TES RPG made here is really well done but if I can introduce my friends to a system that could run most campaigns we would like to play that would be great.
>>
File: song of swords development.jpg (741KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
song of swords development.jpg
741KB, 1920x1080px
>>51617917
Have a pdf or link? I vaguely remember seeing it, but I can't find it in the archive.
>>
>>51618027
You might wanna ask someone on discord since I don't think they want it spread around for whatever reason
>>
>>51617832
"Brothers!"
>>
>>51617928
I had meant to link to >>51617652
>>
These threads are dead without Jimmy
>>
What's the least technologically advanced region in the Tattered Realms? Where are they at, tech wise?

Not counting the Steppes.
>>
>>51620971
Any Iron Glade, most likely. Or Helion, with their elf powered lasers.
>>
>>51621280
He said least.
>>
>>51620971
>>51622150
Gearloch?
>>
>>51620971
Maybe the Iron Horde or Lost Izagone? Lendia? Zells?
>>
>>51616143
So I have a Lore question,

If I'm a Zell on a Zellislava and the Zell next to me, lets call him Mike, is having a dream about having a fuck with my wife, and I punch him in the face:

Do the other Zells then gather around me in a Circle or in a Wheel?
>>
File: CtQhphgUkAAKrPa.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CtQhphgUkAAKrPa.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
>>51623538
>>
>>51623538
The question is faulty. That punch would never come, as all the Zells communicate their frustrations near-instantly and telepathically.
>>
File: Aquatic_Elf_Warriors.jpg (134KB, 400x514px) Image search: [Google]
Aquatic_Elf_Warriors.jpg
134KB, 400x514px
>>51623538
"Steve, wheel you let me fuck your wife"
"No Mike, I wheel not"
>>
File: hig.png (49KB, 666x236px) Image search: [Google]
hig.png
49KB, 666x236px
Thank God
>>
>>51625491
That sounds like it would be a huge bitch. It was like that in RoS though, right?
>>
>>51625723
Yes, and in Bovine too. But then they copied Riddle of Steel almost word for word.
>>
So what was wrong with TROS and how did SOS fix it?
>>
>>51625980
Very little was "fixed." The core questions of Strength vs Toughness, lethality, and wound depictions, and what Bonus Successes represent go unanswered. However, SoS improves upon TROS in several ways.

Variable maneuver activation costs depending on your proficiency were terrible. SoS made them all static values regardless of your proficiency.

TROS let you just buy Toughness. SoS does not fix this, but improved on it slightly by making Toughness much harder to buy. The result is the Naked Dwarf problem rarely arises.

TROS thought rapiers and no-dachi were god weapons of murder and carnage. SoS is more sensibly realistic with its portrayal of these and other weapons.

TROS's skills were terrible. Improving on that system was one of Jimmy's stated goals for SoS. But no progress has been made on that front.

TROS had Hef and other symptoms of a bad fictional world. An interesting fictional world is SoS's strong point and Jimmy's specialty.

TROS had a overpowered-by-design magic system. SoS improves on it by throwing it away.
>>
File: 139837033058.png (508KB, 1062x502px) Image search: [Google]
139837033058.png
508KB, 1062x502px
>It was a late night at the Opaque office
>Jimmy Rome sat at his desk, sucking the last drops of whiskey from a bottle with a bendy straw
>He had just finished writing his five hundred page essay on the agricultural practices of Vosca
>As pleased as Jimmy was that he finally got to post the section on legumes for his besties on /tg/, he couldn't wait to tell them all about Gallian wheat processing techniques
>It wasn't all fun and games though
>There were still so many things to add to SoS
>Stances, cap caps, and at least four more kinds of elf
>The playtester cells of the inferior east coast could handle them
>Just then, a crash resounded through the office
>The door laid in splinters on the ground
>In its empty frame stood John Galt
>"Where is my game, Lacombe?!" the Serbian bear bellowed
>Jimmy could only squeak weakly in response
>Galt approached his desk, brandishing a magnificent khopesh, sharper than any katana
>"Say what you will about the fucking Egyptians, they make a nice sword" Galt whispered
>The terrified game developer finally found his voice
>"Kickstarter soon" he squawked
>>
File: 1455916630251.jpg (83KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
1455916630251.jpg
83KB, 858x536px
>>51626674
>Galt laid a strong hand on his shoulder and hauled him out of his chair
>"In the home country we have a way of motivating fuccbois like you"
>He lowered the gleaming bronze tip of his khopesh to Jimmy's groin, letting it rest atop his bulge
>"No, not there!" Jimmy begged, "I'm saving it for Gizka!"
>He shivered, not entirely in fear, as the tip made its way lower, between his clenched buttocks
>His ass had not been used since his Dionysian adventures walking the streets of San Francisco as a young man
>It puckered slightly at the intrusion, but in the end resisted the intruder
>Galt placed his hand on the khopesh's hilt and roared, every muscle straining with the effort
>Jimmy whimpered as his tight boipussy was penetrated
>He could feel it tearing up his insides
>As it sunk deeper the pain of near-virginity gave way to intense pleasure
>Jimmy let out a throaty moan
>Working the sword in and out of his body, Galt leaned in and licked the sweat building on Jimmy's neck
>The smaller man shuddered, gasped, and fell still
>Satisfied, Galt withdrew his mighty khopesh and let Jimmy drop
>He left the same way he entered, tearing the frame from the wall as he went
>Jimmy smiled softly
>He felt the warmth dripping from his anus
>The game would never be finished if Galt continued to punish him like this
>Also Bones was there the whole time
>He likes to watch
>>
>>51626674
>>51626686
trying too hard

didn't even give me much of a boner
>>
>>51626223
>TROS had Hef and other symptoms of a bad fictional world.
Might I ask what you mean by "Hef"? Is that some worldbuilder jargon or something?

Also, what's wrong with TRoS skills? If it's the progression then the companion has an alternative way of doing that. If it's the packages, the game says you are free to make your own, iirc.
>>
>>51626674
>>Stances

Holy fucking shit. It's been so long I forgot about them and assumed melee combat was basically done.

But nope. There's still no stances or esoterica to go with no bestiary for mundane creatures (including generic NPCs and named NPCs), monsters and magic
>>
>>51626792
Rapebeasts or something.

Technically historically accurate, but still worthy of memery.
>>
>>51626896
>Technically historically accurate

What?
>>
>>51627912
In that those kinds of stories existed.

Hence the more sanitised King Kong.
>>
>>51626223
>." The core questions of Strength vs Toughness

I don't really get why toughness at least exists, or how it's realistic as something that soaks damage. Wouldn't a bodybuilder be just as fucked as a skinnyfat guy if he takes a sword to the gut, or chest? Toughness makes sense for unarmed combat, but not so much armed combat.

Couldn't you represent something like a bear with its own form of armor, like how Dark Heresy has "natural armor"?
>>
>>51628147
It was almost certainly designed with armored combat in mind, where most damage would be bludgeoning attacks directly through the armor, or else high-BS piercing attacks through joints.
>>
>>51628250
So why have it so you can increase toughness? It only really makes sense for unarmed combat since a frail girl is going to get hurt more than if I punch a 6'2" guy with 200 pounds of muscle.

Would that kind of same logic really apply to bludgeoning weapons too? I don't see it making sense for cutting or stabbing attacks.
>>
>>51628408
Well there has to be SOME difference, even for cutting or stabbing. Thin and anemic people are definitely easier to kill than large robust people. The question is whether the difference is too great or not. I favor Ballad's system where TOU is variable purely on size instead of a gestalt of stats.
>>
>• The victim suffers 1 point of Cold Damage randomly allocated on the body.

How is this determined? And are they entire limbs or something like Belly?

Speaking of which, hit locations ought to be standardized between Ballad and SoS. Even the names for the same places (Belly and Abdomen) are different.
>>
>“Raiders, pirates, reavers, thieves. These things are not natural. The are the result of inequality.

Should be "They are the result..."
>>
>>51616143
>Zellgirl
>Having ears that small
>>
>>51620971
The pagans
>>
File: 1486417281381.jpg (12KB, 285x323px) Image search: [Google]
1486417281381.jpg
12KB, 285x323px
Does SoS stat this thing?
>>
>>51630838
That's the Handgonne in the firearm section, I believe.
>>
File: sword of Dacoffeemles.jpg (236KB, 1286x2481px) Image search: [Google]
sword of Dacoffeemles.jpg
236KB, 1286x2481px
Ok, so voting is over.
Comic is going to be an anthology from now on.
Enough people was interested in the current gang for me to make theirs a returning story.
So, best of both worlds, I s'pose.
I hope to maybe get a twitch thing going, where you can call me faggot on air while watching me draw, or otherwise find some way of letting you shame me into actually finishing shit.
I guess I should update myself on the lore and new map...
>>
Is missile defense a RS? I feel like that makes it rather difficult to hit anything
>>
>>51633301
Yay coffee
>>
>>51626792
>Might I ask what you mean by "Hef"? Is that some worldbuilder jargon or something?
You don't know what the Hef are? They're minotaurs that can breed with anything, including wolves, humans, and trees, but only through rape. They're a 100% evil enemy you're not supposed to have any qualms about killing, except they'll rape your women if you fail.
>>
>>51628908
>Speaking of which, hit locations ought to be standardized between Ballad and SoS.
No, they shouldn't be. There's no benefit gained by doing that. Not even Phoenix Command goes that far.

>How is this determined? And are they entire limbs or something like Belly?
It's the author's fault. Randomly allocating it across the body means rolling for a random location, including differentiating between left and right limbs. It's terrible. Mechanically this means you'll virtually never get more than one point of cold damage on an area. This was probably written by the same guy who wrote Explosion rules, since they work the same way.

Unforunately, don't expect anything to change. Jimmy gave up on updating the rules since it's supposedly being edited by an Australian editor. They've been this way for like a year and a half now.
>>
>>51633570
Missilemind. I came to this thread intending to post that. I was running some numbers while I was stuck in the car. In ballad, with a pistol, shooting at some jackass just standing in the open, you need 8 dice to be mostly sure you'll succeed. If you have ADR 7+ then you can drop all the way to 4 and aim for two phases then shoot in the final phase. That seems like a very difficult shot. With automatics at least you can spray bullets, but single shooting seems very difficult with a RS of 4.
>>
>>51633570
With the new rules for SoS? Yes, missile defense is an RS. Combined with the removal of Power Draw, bows are incredibly weak now. They're only useful against unarmored enemies now.
>>
>>51634689
He's said they're going to start updating again after they release the sample copy, so that's good. It makes sense since it'd be insane to release a final game as SoS is now.
>>
>>51634689
>No, they shouldn't be. There's no benefit gained by doing that.

What the hell do you mean they shouldn't? There's no good reason a Belly in SoS should be an Abdomen in Ballad.

>Not even Phoenix Command goes that far.

Standardization makes things less autistic and convoluted, not more.

>Jimmy gave up on updating the rules since it's supposedly being edited by an Australian editor.

What is the ozfag even DOING? It didn't take a year and a half for someone to make LaTex SoS.

>>51634819
I hope Jimmy has a document of all the shit they need to update.
>>
My players are responding pretty well to my half-assed attempts to portray the fantasy setting in this game, but they keep slipping into le /tg/ elf hatred meme, and it's hard to convince them that these are NOT those kinds of elves.

How do I convey this properly? Ohanedin really trigger this reaction because they don't like metal.
>>
>>51636368
Let them get their asses get kicked by the Orredin master race. If they put up a good enough fight, maybe an Orredin will consider one of them for a sex slave.

oh wait. :^)

Have you tried talking to your group?
>>
>>51635402
>What the hell do you mean they shouldn't?
What the hell do you mean they should?

>There's no good reason a Belly in SoS should be an Abdomen in Ballad.
If that's all you wanted that'd be fine, but you're asking for Ballad to get a large number of new hit location zones just to match what SoS has, for what? Aesthetics? It's certainly not going to make the game better. You'd be making Ballad more convoluted for no reason.
>>
>>51636368
Here's what I've done:

Burdinadin - umbrella corporation. Ran a campaign where they were abducting locals and experimenting on them. Glade went dark, so PCs were sent in to investigate by local lord. Turns out it was zombies that they made.

Ohanadin- one player got a gang of them to swear an oath of fealty. Everyone in the group loved having riddick butlers chase people down for them.

Orredin- assholes that other elves talk shit about.

Zells- less on the elves more on Rade being Zell Hitler. You gotta respect that.
>>
>>51617917
We were talking about a Sominions splat over in /domg/ a couple days ago.

Problem is, I'm not sure SoS is really designed to work well with giants everywhere.
>>
>>51626792
Cheap broo knockoff.
>>
>>51626674
>>51626686
I feel like I've read this before.
>>
>>51629075
Should probably also be "These things are natural" since it's not like there's ever not been inequality.
>>
>>51629616
She's young.
>>
>>51639533
Giants were one of the few monsters statted out.
>>
File: stat me.jpg (17KB, 737x90px) Image search: [Google]
stat me.jpg
17KB, 737x90px
Has anyone statted this thing yet?
>>
>>51639812
>monsters
See, that's the problem.
For Dominions you'd want them to be player characters. You might be able to say "No, you can't be Nephilim" but it would be better if you didn't, and ruling out Rephaites (or Jötunn or Pale Ones or Fomorians or Atlantians or loads of other things) would make it near pointless to play the setting altogether.
>>
>>51634769
As god intended
>>
>>51639848
You would need to make a Giant custom race. Something where they start with Tall 2 (which is "dwarfing your peers and having trouble fitting through doorways") and let them take additional levels of Tall. Tall 2 is probably like the height of a basketballer at minimum.
>>
>>51639941
Well there'd be several custom races. Pale ones are naked people with only one eye and gills, for example, and Fomorians are also amphbious but have bullshit magic to go with it. And that's before getting into things like xibalbans, who can fly, or the assorted elves, who have inherent glamour. And that's just races, then there's also eight or nine different kinds of magic, each of which works different and two of which work very different.

I ain't making it myself, is what I'm getting at.
>>
http://desuarchive.org/tg/thread/29261537/#29262159

>If I recall, Muskets were just big arquebuses initially. The only difference was their size and caliber. Eventually, people realized that the big ones were just better than the little ones, and technology allowed them to be made lighter so that everyone could use them without sacrificing their power.
>So for a while, all of the new style guns were muskets and all of the old ones were arquebuses, because nobody was making the old ones anymore. This led to an association of Musket with new and Arquebus with old, and eventually the term Arquebus fell away entirely.

Will we eventually get a "Late" Musket to represent the ones from the 17-18th century, versus the ones that required a fork rest? Just take a Musket and give it the weight of an Arquebus, make it a bit more expensive to account for it.

Speaking of which, I may as well repost this: http://desuarchive.org/tg/thread/49067557/#49105132

I know Jimmy can't touch anything but I hope he's keeping a list of changes to make.
>>
>>51640442
>Will we eventually get a "Late" Musket to represent the ones from the 17-18th century, versus the ones that required a fork rest?
I hope not since the Vosca isn't that advanced and you just homebrewed it anyway.
>>
>>51641256
As far as I know, their firearms ARE that advanced. Besides, SoS isn't just about Vosca or there wouldn't be all the options to let you make something equivalent to a 17th, 18th or even late 19th century firearm.
>>
>>51641423
>As far as I know, their firearms ARE that advanced.
No, they're in the 16th century. If they were that advanced they'd be in the book already. Jimmy loves sticking guns in things.
>>
>>51642525
>Jimmy loves sticking guns in things.
Oh my!
>>
>>51642525
>If they were that advanced they'd be in the book already.

Read the second sentence.

>Besides, SoS isn't just about Vosca or there wouldn't be all the options to let you make something equivalent to a 17th, 18th or even late 19th century firearm.
>>
>>51643238
I mainly want to know how the fuck reloading is supposed to work now. Do you roll for it each phase? Isn't that lightning fast?
>>
>>51644807
It does need ot be fixed definitely.
>>
>>51647500
It doesn't help we don't know how long a turn/round/phase is. Or how much a unit of range is.
>>
>>51642525
Just blame the Burds and get over it.
>>
>>51638182
Is Sark actually supposed to be Zell Hitler, or is that just a meme because of the fashy looking haircut? The only thing we've really seen about him in fechts and stuff is that he's a good ruler who cares about the Zells, there isn't a whole lot there about stuffing humans into gas chambers.
Also he's in love with a human.
>>
>>51652913
From the Wiki:
"Sark is a Zell-Supremacist. He believes that it is his peoples' destiny to rule the world--or at least the part of it that Zells care about – and that the other races have been deliberately denying them their birthright through treachery. He is not at all subtle about the fact that he desires the end of all non-Zellish presence on the sea. Those who have seen his flagship, the Krutost, might be tempted to believe that it is within his power to accomplish such and end. "

"[He] believes that the Zellish race is destined to conquer all others, and that all of humanity, and even the other Dinnic races, are merely a minor disturbance in the grand "History of Zell."

"he keeps [his sword] around to remind him of how much he hates humans"
>>
>>51653208
What's up with the sword? I wonder what kind it is.
>>
>>51653278
Heavy Backsword.

"The sword is a memoir from his days with the Queen's Zellish Legion. The Commissiarat never paid much attention to the Zellish auxiliaries, and their requisitions almost never reached the office of anyone interested in supplying them.

The result was that while they requested shorter curved swords that were to their liking, they were issued a huge surplus of backswords that had been stocked with the intention of raising an Albish cavalry regiment, before the Gusars sabotaged the effort to keep the filthy cider drinkers from muddying up honest cavalry.

The Zells hated them, and most just used clubs, knives and utility axes instead. Sark kept his because he had a background in swordsmanship, and because at the time, he was a very obedient soldier and wouldn't dream of neglecting his equipment. Now he keeps it around to remind him of how much he hates humans."
>>
>>51653521
>Heavy backsword
So Sharpe's sword? He sounds like the bad guy of a Sharpe episode actually.

>Evil Naval commander keeps a beautiful young woman locked in his flagship
>Sharpe's company have to break her out

It's got everything. Then you'd get the Irish guy and the leopard seal knife fighting in the hold of the ship.
>>
>>51653208
Zells are objectively better than humans so this is an alright position to take
>>
File: anime girl reaction face 66.jpg (40KB, 522x554px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl reaction face 66.jpg
40KB, 522x554px
>>51654399
DATS WACIST
Humans have contributed so much to Voscan culture. Ploughs, cow-tongue sandwiches, meatballs, peanut butter, double-entry accounting
>>
>>51655558
None of which are needed on the open seas.
>>
>>51655558
That's an interesting picture of Matoi Ryuuko you've got there. Seems to be wearing even less clothing than usual.
>>
>>51655558
please address the stuff people brought up and asked in the thread.
>>
File: 1484947891736.png (484KB, 530x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484947891736.png
484KB, 530x1000px
>>51656045
Fug

>>51656243
Not nearly enough of my reaction images are from KlK.

>>51656887
Sorry m8 my internet went down. It's raining cats and dogs out here. Felton actually flooded. This is California nobody even remembered what rain looks like now people are dying and shit. Some retard crushed a car with a bulldozer because he couldn't see shit on Highway 17, killed at least one person.

Anyway let me get on it.
>>
>>51657076
>nobody even remembered what rain looks like
It's only been what, like three or four years? This isn't that weird for California historically speaking.
>>
>>51647562
Each phase is two seconds, so a round is six seconds. All range units in Ballad are meters, and all range units in SoS are yards.
>>
>>51658616
>All range units in Ballad are meters, and all range units in SoS are yards.

They should stick to one IMO.
>>
>>51658688
Probably. They're close enough to one another that you can just switch them without a huge problem, but if the goal is to have the combat system be unified then having them be the same is probably for the best.

I prefer yards because I'm an Amerifat and because I play mostly SoS and the archaic units just sort of fit with the setting, but honestly it doesn't fucking matter to me.
>>
>>51658688
This. And maybe print the conversion to the other system in an info box. I have googled that shit so often that I have memorized at least how to make inches to cm and feet to cm/m. But I think many others don't.
Hell, if the software they are making the pdf with supports calculating some fields when generating/exporting/compiling the pdf it should be hella easy to just make two different pdfs.
>>
>>51628819
>Well there has to be SOME difference, even for cutting or stabbing. Thin and anemic people are definitely easier to kill than large robust people. The question is whether the difference is too great or not. I favor Ballad's system where TOU is variable purely on size instead of a gestalt of stats.

I agree with this. You can have toughness increase/decrease based on your size and whether you're skinny or not.

I think all humans would fall between 2-6 TOU when you don't take height into account. 2 or 3 would be someone very sickly and anorexic. 6 would be from having a bodybuilder. I don't think the most buff person would be able to soak twice as much damage as a normal person (TOU 4).

>>51637633
>If that's all you wanted that'd be fine, but you're asking for Ballad to get a large number of new hit location zones just to match what SoS has, for what? Aesthetics? It's certainly not going to make the game better. You'd be making Ballad more convoluted for no reason.

Yes. I can see why Ballad would have less hit locations since melee combat isn't as prominent, but they shouldn't have things be named differently when there's no reason for them to. Either have them be Belly in both systems, or Abdomen in both systems.

(cont)
>>
>>51658864
>>51658766
Like range. Both are still in development so it wouldn't be very difficult to make both systems more compatible with each other. Especially when Ballad is more open to editing since it's not the game being kickstarter'd.

The same should apply to weapons and armor (not saying Ballad should have 3 types of AV, mind you). It was pretty dumb that the COTV steel plate in 1.6 was so much more inferior to 16th century munitions plate in every regard.

Speaking of which, the cutlass in SoS costs 1sp. In COTV it costs 1gp, making it twenty times more expensive despite the fact steel manufacturing should be better than 16th century steel in price, if not weight and quality. I would at least make the COTV cutlass cost the same as the SOS cutlass since they're identical otherwise.

There's more oddities like that when you compare SoS and COTV equipment.It shouldn't be hard to fix.
>>
>>51658864
I agree with this. You can have toughness increase/decrease based on your size and whether you're skinny or not.

This is how it basically is in Ballad. You could also go the route of something like Runequest and Pendragon and have Toughness also represent your physical size.
>>
>>51658884
toughness would represent both your height and width, then? So far height seems to only matter for reach. I don't think even monsters RAW right now would take up more than a square on a tactical map.

A size stat could remove the abstraction from playing a goblin, tall person or short person. Figuring out a Size stat could be challenging if you want the variation between human height to matter while still accounting for goblins, midgets, giants, dragons, etc.

Size/Reach Modifier:
Size 1/-5: <1 feet
Size 2/-4: 2 feet
Size 3/-3: 3 feet
Size 4/-2: 4 feet
Size 4/-1 : 5'0 to 5'5
Size 5/+0: 5'6 to 5'11
Size 6/+1: 6' to 6'5
Size 7/+2: 6'6 to 6'11
Size 8/+3: 7 feet
Size 9/+4: 8 feet
Size 10/+5: 9 feet

It only really works between Size 4 and Size 9 if you want to have the reach different between a guy at 5'2 and 5'9 to matter. Which it should, since most combat will be between man-sized foes. At the same time we need size to matter for inhuman foes.

How did Runequest do it?
>>
File: Size.jpg (79KB, 501x809px)
Size.jpg
79KB, 501x809px
>>51658992
Size is just another attributes that characters have, and ranges from 6-18. It should be noted that in Runequest, you can't generally change your attributes after character creation. Once a size value has been determined, you can get height and weight by using your Size score and selecting the body type you want. Pic related.

Size affects a number of things. It feeds into your bonus damage, it helps determine how many hit points each limb has, and it determines the armor you can wear. If I remember correctly, you can wear flexible armor for a person within two or three Size of your own character, but tailored armor or plate needs an exact match of Size. So you can't just pick up any old shmuck's mail armor and wear it. As far as I know, it doesn't affect reach, but that's probably because Reach is an optional rule and because most player characters will fit within a relatively small range of heights. It also feeds into a bunch of skills, so big guys have an inherent bonus to things like, say, lifting or fist fighting.

Size in SoS would do similar stuff. If it's the same as toughness, it helps determine how much damage you can take. It could help determine what armor you can and can't scavenge. It could be used as the base for some physical skills. If you really want to go all out, a high Size would mean a range bonus and a low Size would mean a penalty. That makes Tall even more of a must have for melee combat, but it could potentially be balanced a bit by also having Small be harder to hit with missile weapons and Tall be actively easier to hit. Toughness will have to not be a modifiable stat anymore, of course, since it would make little sense for a guy who spend some arc and grow an extra two inches. The closest I can think of is if Size represents more bulk than height, in which case a starving person who gets a decent diet would go up to normal Size and Gigga Nigga the Anus Slayer would go down in Size if he's locked up and his body atrophies.
>>
>>51659119
>but it could potentially be balanced a bit by also having Small be harder to hit with missile weapons and Tall be actively easier to hit.

My impression is that Tall 1 is say, 6'2 and Tall 2 is the height of the taller basketballers or people with gigantism. There would be a bigger difference in reach than there could be any hypothetical height difference. Very tall people can seem lanky unless they intentionally bulk up.

But yes. We'd need to preserve Scrawny, Skinny, Big Guy and Tall.

If we were to think in more broad terms for Size it'd be:
---Penalty to be hit, strong penalty to reach---
>Very small monsters, lighter hand weapons
>Maybe small sprites/fairies, larger hand weapons, short goblins
>Kids, goblins, midgets:
---No bonus to hit, mild reach bonus/penalty
>Humans and human-sized creatures
----Bonus to hit, strong reach bonus, takes up multiple squares on a tactical map---
>Giants, Ogres, Bears standing upright (8-16 ft tall): Bonus to hit, 2x1 squares
>16 to 32 feet: 3x1 squares
>32 to 64 feet: 3x2 squares
>64+ feet: 3x3 squares

Some larger creatures would have a smaller reach, like the D&D distinction between long and tall monsters.

A midget would have a penalty to reach and a penalty to be hit.
A short human who is like 5"3 would have a penalty to reach.
An average sized human (Somewhere around 5'5 to 5'11 give or take a few inches) would be baseline
A tall human would have a bonus to reach.
A very tall human would have a better bonus to reach.
A giant or human with a strong case of gigantism would have a bonus to reach and a bonus to be hit.
>>
dead thread
dead game
dead hope
>>
File: we were all having a good time.png (70KB, 317x266px) Image search: [Google]
we were all having a good time.png
70KB, 317x266px
>>51661682
>>
>>51657076
>Anyway let me get on it.
>said at 11:42AM california time
>13 hours later

Rest in peace.
>>
File: crossover.jpg (3MB, 1394x2308px) Image search: [Google]
crossover.jpg
3MB, 1394x2308px
>>51661682
Live drawfag.

well, live-ish.
>>
>>51662251
Yeah sorry, I fell asleep. Let me get on this now though, let's see, what is there to answer...
>>
>>51617758
Most of them would be deeply suspicious, though you'd end up with a small group playing around with it illicitly, much like the Unkindlies. In fact, that's basically what the Unkindlies are.

The Ohanedin would play around with it briefly before being told to stop by their guardian spirits. Most would obey, and a few would "go feral" upon realizing that they can extract from the blood the same things the spirits provide for them, without any of the drawbacks.

The Burdinadin would put it in some test-tubes, and one of them would analyze it, and then implode. After a brief firefight with the resulting abomination, they'd stick the blood in a freezer unit somewhere and try to find a buyer in Karthack. Six hours later, it'd be on an ironclad on its way to Kar-Ischil.

The Orredin would start laughing and then have some humans push the container over to the edge of the island, and into the sea. "Not falling for that one again," Duke Heraclius says, accepting a mocha from a jewel-encrusted black man in platform shoes, "would you like one of these?"

The Goblins would probably just drink it. That'd have some results.

The Zells would take the blood deep into their ships, and then emerge looking excited and ask if you have anymore. You can barely hear because of the whine of the vessel's spinning components. Man, they're really clocking it, is the wind that good?

The ascendants would [redacted]
>>
>>51664350
you goddamn alcoholic
>>
>>51664459
motherfucker. you cant just ignore silver guard and paleblood
>>
>>51664717
Well, it depends on what the Moon Presence actually is, and on what Bocanadessia actually is. It isn't that I'm ignoring it, but rather that answering it both requires information I don't have, AND would require me to spoil some pretty big plot secrets.

Suffice to say the Silver Guard would want to recover the stuff and bring it back to their mother. The Paladins would probably destroy it on the spit. Sarturi would try to use it on themselves, with varying results.
>>
>>51665074
>AND would require me to spoil some pretty big plot secrets.

"The Further Adventures of Geno and Bocky" tv series confirmed.
>>
>>51617832
Chiron's reaction to the Old Blood would be to study it to see if it has some connection to Sahaquiel, or if it could be of some use to the Ximbri race.
Upon discovering that it turns people into monsters--possibly even into old-ones, they would become disgusted with it, as that is essentially post-natal racemixing, an idea they would naturally find abhorrent.

Their reaction to the Wolfenstein Nazis would probably be a massive dick-measuring competition resulting in the construction of increasingly huge Roman-looking football stadiums until one side finally snaps and declares war.

It is important to note that the Chironites do not see their racial purity the same way ye olde Nazis saw the Aryan ideal. The Chironites are mostly black haired with pale gray eyes, and they see divergence from this norm as unusual. This might cause some tensions as, when comparing master-race supermen, they would quickly find that they disagree rather severely with the Nazis. Blonde people in the Void are mostly associated with the Nordreich Islanders and to a lesser degree the Albish and their Rahoo cousins. Because most Rahoos are blonde in particular, the hair color has become associated with violence, coarseness and backwardness, and many see such color as a sign that someone is unfit to manage anything--much less a country.

Apocryphally, the "Ximbri Look," with the sides of one's head shaved and only the top having hair, was pioneered by a prior King, who was blonde himself and spent most of his life concealing this fact by wearing his crown all the time.
>>
File: 1486469979434.jpg (151KB, 758x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1486469979434.jpg
151KB, 758x1055px
>>51666384
Are Paratroopers much of a thing in Ballad?
>>
>>51666384
what about the rest of the posts? like about guns, hit locations, size, etc?
>>
File: 1418455673229.jpg (141KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1418455673229.jpg
141KB, 500x540px
>>51666384
Jimjams ur drunk
>>
>>51668042
One thing at a time. I'm juggling here it's a friday.

>>51668434
I am not!
>>
>>51655558
High level bestgirl.
>>
>>51670350
Wrong!
>>
>>51667838
I don't know, how useful are paratroopers in island warfare?
>>
>>51674812
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crete
>>
>>51674812
SNLF and USMC had a Paratrooper unit. Same job as the real one: cause mayhem and deny enemy reinforcements to approach the invasion sites
>>
>>51667838
Yes, though they are much more difficult to field. The sort of planes which can carry large numbers of men are generally too large to launch from smaller carriers, which means that in order for paratroopers to attack an enemy island, an air base with a significantly long airstrip must be established within range.

The Chironites' answer to this was initially to use zeppelins, which could climb high out of range of most anti-aircraft guns. This, however, was very slow and predictable--though the strategy worked in Arlon. A later development was the Tr-81, a large, six-engine transport plane capable of carrying an entire platoon huge distances, and finally the St-282, a jet powered transporter that used a novel rocket propulsion system to take off from the decks of carriers.

The Albish, who enjoyed the advantage of friendly air bases for most of CWII, employed paratroopers to a limited extent defensively, creating pockets of resistance behind enemy lines to disrupt their supplies and to create havoc. Combined with powerful experimental radios these men were able to stay in communication (at least one-way) with HQ, allowing them to be coordinated towards enemy objectives.
Though ultimately unsuccessful this strategy did slow the Chironites' advance in Arlon significantly.

The Rahoos of the RoR were probably the first to deploy soldiers by parachute in small numbers, usually terror units to attack Zabi settlements behind enemy lines and to force enemies to pull back from the front to deal with them. Eventually this stratagem evolved into the use of bush planes, which would simply land and allow the men to get out, perform their attack and then get back in and withdraw.
>>
>>51675540
>Eventually this stratagem evolved into the use of bush planes, which would simply land and allow the men to get out, perform their attack and then get back in and withdraw.
I like it.
>>
>>51675540
Do you ever fuck around with Pimp My Gun to make Ballad weapons?
>>
>>51677764
I personally have not... I'll bet I could have someone so that though.
>>
File: anime girl reaction face 702.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl reaction face 702.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>51678924
NEIN

Instead, I'll produce some new magic stuff and some monsters.
>>
>>51679507
At least read them. Your job is to be the PR guy or the threads die from inactivity. At the very least, read the ones about Size since it's very relevant to monsters
>>
How long has this game been at version 1.9.9? I haven't been here in what feels like a year and it looks like the game is in limbo. Did the person in charge die or something?
>>
>>51679577
I was semi-joking, there's just like 600 of them. I will try to answer some of these.
>>
>>51679634

You can do it Jimmy! I believe in you!
>>
>>51672550
But it is tho...
>>
File: anime girl reaction face 503.png (359KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl reaction face 503.png
359KB, 700x700px
>>51682501
It is a tight contest.
>>
>>51616143
What a QT elf, I want to stroke her hair and kiss her empty eye socket :3
>>
>>51679632
Some dumb cunt australian killed the game. Now we're all here just to suffer.
>>
>>51680070
>3 days later and Jimmy only responded to like 2 posts
>>
File: frontier.jpg (121KB, 620x393px) Image search: [Google]
frontier.jpg
121KB, 620x393px
Has anyone checked out Frontier on Netflix? Pretty good inspiration for a late 19th century /SoS/ game.
>>
>>51686303
>19th
I meant late 18th/early 19th
>>
>>51680070
>2017
>believing in jimmy rome

have you forgotten his personal theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9Oubxw1gA
>>
>>51679632
I had to get a job. Turns out making free shit doesn't keep the lights on.
>>
>>51679632
It's been limbo for a year because they had an Australian do editing for them. Meanwhile LaTexfag does it for free and with little effort.
>>
>>51687332
Dunno about little effort. The guy is a maniac that just makes it look like little effort.
>>
>>51675540
>a jet powered
wait what? Ballad has jets?
>>
>>51689285
Only the Chironites because they get all the cool toys even if other real-life countries invented them.
>>
https://youtu.be/VhqeNUFCyI0
I think of /sos/ every time
>>
>>51690599
>Ohhkay!
I feel like that might not be the medieval use of the language.
>>
>>51690599
Lel
>>
>>51689474
>because they get all the cool toys even if other real-life countries invented them.

Like what?
>>
>>51693080
Off the top of my head, the PPSH.
>>
>>51689474
But the Germans were the first to field jets irl.
>>
>>51693855
Because they rushed them into service before they were ready. Meanwhile the British kept their jets back because they didn't want the Germans to reverse engineer an engine that lasted longer than a day.
>>
>>51694068
As pretty patriotic Brit, that still seems like we're playing games with technicalities.
>>
>>51693855
It doesn't mean they invented them
>>
>>51694106
Well we don't know others don't have the technology, or even if they have combat units or not.
>>
>>51694068
>Germans field first jets irl
>space Germans field first jets in ballad
Literally what is the problem. It's not like they invented radar this time around.
>>
>>51686303
>>51687126

Can anyone give me a review of the show? Been thinking about watching it because I've just finished SG:Atlantis and I'm in a Jason Momoa kinda mood.
>>
File: 1486924452317.jpg (344KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486924452317.jpg
344KB, 520x800px
Post fancy ladies?
>>
File: 1486924608318.jpg (38KB, 309x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486924608318.jpg
38KB, 309x480px
>>51700490
>>
File: 1486925147741.jpg (70KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486925147741.jpg
70KB, 416x640px
>>51700503
>>
>>51700526
>>51700503
>>51700490

Where would these ladies be from in Vosca?
>>
>>51698523
Game of Thrones but in the Fur Trade. There's an ex-agent of the Hudson Bay Company running around stealing all of their fur and killing their men, which causes them to send a real hardass to take over the area. There's also a fuckup irishman who just keeps fucking up.

Just a few episodes in and already a few secondary characters have bit it.

Overall it's pretty entertaining.
>>
>>51701218
How much blatant sexposition?
>>
File: sweet mary.jpg (48KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
sweet mary.jpg
48KB, 630x420px
>>51702830
Not much in the few episodes I've seen, though one barmaid/spy has really low cut dresses and ample tools of the trade.
>>
What civilisation dressed like pic related and does Vosca have a counterpart?
>>
File: bd7.jpg (44KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
bd7.jpg
44KB, 400x225px
>>51703428
And why does this style of clothing make breasts look so good?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCrYvHBMGLY
>>
>>51703436
Lift and separate.

That looks maybe early greek/minoan?
>>
>>51704234
Looks like it, but censored for TV because the proto-Greeks didn't cover their breasts.
>>
>>51703573
Why did you post that?
>>
>>51700565
We just don't know
>>
With all the gun talk, I'm trying to unify the guns for SoS & Ballad, in addition to allowing for more firearm customization. I was thinking that barrel length could also affect the damage & AP value of a firearm, but I'm trying to be conservative in values not straying too far from what SoS has. Please give constructive criticism and suggestions.

Muzzleloading: +1 Load per 2". Round down to an even number if the barrel length isn't even. Ex: 13.5 counts as 12.
>6 inches: 3 Load
>12 inches: 6 Load
>40 inches: 20 Load
>60 inches: 30 Load

Breechloading & Magazine-Fed: Default.

Pistols would have a shorter Load than normal. Maybe a minimum Load? My memory of SoS mechanics is foggy and I only got to use a gun in SoS like once.

Blackpowder guns would maybe get additional Load depending on the mechanism (firelock, matchlock, wheelock, snaplock, flintlock, caplock), to keep BP pistols from being stupid fast to load.

Firing Mechanism: Remove MTN modifiers? I don't see why some firing mechanisms are automatically easier to wield/more accurate.
>>
>>51616143
I wanna snuggle that elf. She looks so sad...
>>
>>51707918
Wouldn't blackpowder be the default for load? I don't recall smokeless powder being used with muzzle loaders.
>>
>>51710156
I don't get what you mean? "Blackpowder" wouldn't have a load, but the various firing mechanisms would (which many already kinda do). I used blackpowder since it's a term that includes every *lock kind of gun, including breechloading, cap & ball and muzzleloading firearms.
>>
>>51700565
Top one is Helion, other two either Karthack or Kurtiyye.
>>
Stat me, /Ballad/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4ANd0NCQQ
>>
>>51707918
Keeping a matchlock steady and ready while aiming is harder than just the point and shoot of the wheellock.
>>
>>51712002
Why not Flintlock and Snaplock too?
>>
>>51704234
Thanks for confirming. Character in the show speculated that they were Minoan, just wanted to see if the show knew what it was doing.

>>51706588
What a time to be alive.

Yo, JimJam, why isn't this in the setting?
>>
>>51715453
You don't know what's going on in Izagone. Maybe they don't have shirts over there.
>>
>>51715502
Magical negro country.
>>
File: 1486931497541.jpg (3MB, 2122x3765px) Image search: [Google]
1486931497541.jpg
3MB, 2122x3765px
>>51700490
>>
File: 1486931715454.jpg (8MB, 4180x3208px) Image search: [Google]
1486931715454.jpg
8MB, 4180x3208px
>>51716126
>>
>>51700490
>>
>>51715502
Speaking of this. Supposedly some Izagoni show up in Vosca. Are any of them bumping around? Any notable ones?
>>
How does Dace make their gunpowder?
>>
>>51718356
Presumably they get some willow charcoal, or alder or buckthorn or whatever they can get, grind it the fuck up along with some sulfur and saltpeter, add alcohol at some point in the process so the saltpeter suffuses the charcoal particles properly and also so you don't get dust every fucking where, and then corn it for distribution and use.
>>
>>51718449
Right, but they live in a desolate hell hole.
Do they have any creative ways to make the carbonic component, or do they just import wood?
Do their mines include any sources of sulfur?
I would see Dace believing in corpse-and-sewage methods of saltpeter production.
>>
File: zx3ras.gif (211KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
zx3ras.gif
211KB, 500x499px
>>51616143
For Ballad GMs, what do you gents use to represent off map support, like artillery and close air support? I've been having a single operator roll a test with an RS of 8 and scattering as per grenade rules.

I was wondering if anyone has any better ideas for this.
>>
>>51718679
Did WWI anon ever explain how he did it for that canadian part?
>>
so was that new map official or...?
>>
>>51721730
It was on their website so yes, but Jimmy has said that it needs to be modified.
>>
>>51718524
Not all of Dace is inhospitable wasteland. Sarvuna (the Northwest) has some very impressive pine barrens, where a lot of wood is harvested for construction and charcoal burning.
Sulfer is mined in Vedrim, and as most human waste is collected for agricultural purposes to begin with, much of it is processed for saltpeter before being sent to the composting facilities outside of the city.

Aside from these details, >>51718449 is about right. Like most things in Dace which would be more efficient if decentralized, the entire industry is centered in the Racoco Gunworks of Vedrim over the river Krin. There a colossal amount of black powder is produced and stored pending transport to it's various locations. Dacian gunpowder is one of the few products of the country that is actually of uniformly high quality, and in the rare times when they have a surplus, they do export it--often to the Krajina and Jenoesa.
>>
File: mud people.jpg (166KB, 597x277px) Image search: [Google]
mud people.jpg
166KB, 597x277px
>>51724945
Dace is such a shithole...
I love it.
>>
>>51724945
Vedrim is the city and Taphonomy Bay is the region, right?
>>
>>51726118
Other way around. Technically the city is also called Vedrim, but it is colloquially called Taphonomy Bay.
>>
>>51726118
Both are cities, with Taphonomy Bay being the capital.

http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Dace
>>
>>51679634
it shouldnt take you 4 days to address stuff in the thread jimbo
>>
>>51727025
Well it shouldn't take four days for you to suck a cock.
>>
What changed between the new SoS posted on the website and the latest SoS we have now? It seems like all the Tier 5 races were removed and more Burdinadin stuff was added.
>>
>>51727025
I'm in pretty deep right now. Things are moving and I have a metric fuckton of content to write for other things. I have to flit back and forth pretty often, forgive me if I'm not answering thread stuff fast enough. Believe me it will be better this way.
>>
>>51727993
>I have a metric fuckton of content to write for other things
You helping word Pence's "Sink San Francisco" bill.
>>
>>51727993
Hey Jimmy, how closely does the Schwarzwald stick to the official borders of the Kaselreich? If the Gallians won some territory how quickly would it retreat? If there's a significant diaspora of Kamens would it follow them? Is there anything like it in the void?
>>
>>51728110
...Wait six months?
>>
>>51719500
I did not. As it was wwi, I more or less did rolls of 2dgrid size to determine the xy coordinates. This 2d value would be modified by intel. So if the arty knew the location of friendlies, I would deduct that from the corresponding value to represent normal hit zones (this was -10 to avoid the trench line for the x roll). For radio-based fire, I let the operator roll gunner I to determine how accurate the 'hit box' and then roll the 2dzone for the xy location.
>>
>>51732367
Also, I should note that this was always a hidden gm roll to avoid the chat getting too messy, and to build suspense.
>>
>>51727993
Kickstarter when?
>>
File: 1487048976470.jpg (110KB, 752x908px) Image search: [Google]
1487048976470.jpg
110KB, 752x908px
>>51733815
Clear your schedule.
>>
>>51732367
>>51732400
Neat
>>
>>51734475
When will we be free of your lies?
>>
>>51734475
When?
>>
>>51735592
This
>>
>>51735592
Yesterday.
>>
File: 1487020292728.jpg (593KB, 674x867px) Image search: [Google]
1487020292728.jpg
593KB, 674x867px
>>51735592
I mean I could say soon, or I could say tomorrow at 10 AM Western Standard Time.
>>
>>51736220
....nigga you serious
>>
>>51736220
I hope you're not lying to me, but at the same time I'm sad. Right when I have no money, you nigger. Oh well, I'll figure something out.
>>
File: 1476515744024.gif (2MB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
1476515744024.gif
2MB, 300x204px
>>51736398
>>
>>51736220
DON'T YOU LIE TO ME. DON'T YOU DARE.
>>
>>51736220
>Western Standard Time.
This isn't a thing
Western Standard Time does not exist
He's tricking us
>>
>>51736614
He's a notorious drunk, he could mean PST
>>
File: 1486161625402.jpg (51KB, 564x708px) Image search: [Google]
1486161625402.jpg
51KB, 564x708px
I know this question is late in the thread but I just started viewing the system and I was curious if anyone was running any games or recorded any so I can see how some things work, I guess I gain expierance quicker hands on but don't know anyone personally who knows this system or similar ones.
>>
>>51737602
There's a Roll20 room that I'm lead to believe people frequent. It should be linked in the OP as well
>>
>>51737813
Thanks boss, I didnt see a roll20 link in the op but ill check over the thread.
>>
>>51736220
Is that tomorrow as in the 15th, since your wrote that in the dead of night, or tomorrow as in the 16th?
>>
File: mYo3JhC.jpg (875KB, 1439x1777px) Image search: [Google]
mYo3JhC.jpg
875KB, 1439x1777px
>>51736220
Don't fuck with us Jimmy.
>>
File: sprmnpnch.gif (3MB, 800x352px) Image search: [Google]
sprmnpnch.gif
3MB, 800x352px
>>51737602
That's what the Roll20 is for normally, perhaps you can hook up with some of the lads there.

>>51736748
>>51736614
Yeah what he said. Just wait a couple of hours, you'll see what I mean. Laddos, it's happening.
>>
>>51739518
So is the marketing text and stuff on the website still utter bollocks?
>>
What games are under this genre besides Riddle of Steel and Blade of the Iron Throne?
>>
>>51739568
What genre? Attempts to make super detailed and reasonably historically accurate melee combat, or this particular mechanical system of dice pools divided between actions using variable TNs?
>>
>>51739550
I left a memo to fix it, but it's probably not super relevant because we've got the kickstarter site itself.

>>51739568
I think that depends very much on what you consider the "genre" to be. If it's autistic HEMA simulator, probably also Burning Wheel.
>>
>>51739595
What HEMA? Genre of Conan/Red Sonja etc.
>>
>>51739595
>I left a memo to fix it
Is
Is this what your approach to "getting things done" has been?
No wonder the kickstarter is years overdue.
>>
>>51739626
Oh, sort of the Sword & Sorcery thing? I don't know if we even qualify. I think we're more in the Witcher category of things.
>>
>>51739626
Barbarians of Lemuria and Scarlet Heroes I think. Runequest also might fits quite nicely.
>>
Nine minutes until Jimmy becomes a liar one more time over.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 184x274px
>>51736220
Pls let dis be true. I'm so ready to throw money at this.
>>
>>51740563
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPGtzmStq4
GIVE ME YOUR MONEY
>>
File: 1346823038781.jpg (78KB, 353x592px) Image search: [Google]
1346823038781.jpg
78KB, 353x592px
>>51740597
>>
>>51740597
>$1,329 pledged of $12,000 goal
>in ten minutes
I wonder how long it takes until the thread regulars are all in the kickstarter and the numbers stagnate.
>>
File: its time.jpg (53KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
its time.jpg
53KB, 600x576px
>>51740597
Men died waiting for this.
But we survive
And we will thrive

>>51740660
GO SHILL DAMN YOU
>>
>>51740660
That's just two backers. Presumably one backed a big amount. Presumably it was Jimmy or his mum or someone.
>>
>>51740660
>>51740701
Someone already snapped up the "royalty" reward, the "one of a kind" experience that's limited to three only.
>>
>>51740701
I have no idea, we're still trying to figure out who it was because we had bets riding on how fast it would happen. If someone cheated and backed our own thing the bets are off.
>>
>>51740597
Isn't G R Martin going to shut it down?
>>
>>51740666
But Satan, I'm not a Jew. I don't know how to shill.
>>
File: hype.gif (624KB, 211x119px) Image search: [Google]
hype.gif
624KB, 211x119px
>20% backed in less than half an hour
>>
>>51740848
http://www DOT morfix DOT co DOT il/en/
>>
>>51740597
>open book
>flip to chargen
>attribute scaling per PCP fixed
yes, goo-
>skill PCP still hot ass on ass toast
FUCK
>>
>>51740923
The formatted version is a few iterations behind, it's just for optics. To show what the formatting will look like when the game's done.
>>
>>51740942
>various tables still overlap page boundaries
>>
>>51740597
>can't get the map without going either Gamemaster+ or Royalty
Dammit Jimmy
>>
>>51740942
up-to-date book when
I can't shill this with old rules

>>51740949
RTFM
Look at the add-on section. It's just six ducks to add a map.
>>
>>51740949
Look at the Add-ons, silly
>>
Wait, why does Gizka speak Albish?
>>
>>51740984
>he doesn't learn a foreign language so as to more easily mock them as they die
More seriously, it's probably due to being an international mercenary that has spent time in that corner of the world.
>>
>>51740597
>The Team
It would be nice if you had a bullet points for the artists, other contractors, and playtesters (as groups) so it doesn't look like this is a "three kids in mom's basement" project.
>>
>>51740984
She's been to the Slivers at least once to mug a witch.
>>
>>51741015
Then they would need more than the three portraits of them though.
>>
>>51741015
The artists definitely.
>>
>$15 Printed NPC Army Deck (60 cards)
Christ, is that really the best deal that could be had on those? With no biographical paragraph, I'm not dropping that cash.
>>
>>51739595
>it's probably not super relevant
The website links directly to it and the "player choice" thing is front and center. Anyone who wants to know a bit more may be turned off before even seeing the beta.
>>
>>51740597
>ships to: anywhere in the world
I want this to be some isolate central asian tribesman, so Jimmy has to brave the fuccbois of turkey before caravaning out into the tumultuous steppes, just to roll dice with some nerd.
>>
>>51741174
It says via skype in the description, so it only works if you have internet.
>>
>>51741198
Damn.
>>
>>51741174
>a maximum of only twelve hours game time
Weak. That's more like a single well developed scene than a proper campaign.
I do wonder what the pledger wants.
>>
Is Ballad going to be some kind of stretch goal, or left for a later expansion?
>>
File: pleasure.png (288KB, 551x524px) Image search: [Google]
pleasure.png
288KB, 551x524px
>already brushing against 4000 USD
>already a third of the way to launch
>within two hours
>>
>>51741237
There's a bit of room for elasticity there, the point is to complete a self-contained adventure. Three good sessions should be enough for that.
>>
>>51740597
You fucking madman. You actually did it. My heart couldn't take another lie, but you actually came through.
>>
After all these years.

The only lie that matters is the last one you tell.
>>
File: 1487105576374.gif (399KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487105576374.gif
399KB, 480x480px
>>51741357
>4600
>Two hours
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: I shouldn't have licked it.png (7KB, 214x322px) Image search: [Google]
I shouldn't have licked it.png
7KB, 214x322px
>>51740597
Holy shit.
>>
File: cripplefight.jpg (145KB, 1380x651px) Image search: [Google]
cripplefight.jpg
145KB, 1380x651px
>>51740597
Its happening.

Its ACTUALLY FUCKING HAPPENING

DEUS VULT MOTHERFUCKERS PRAISE GENOSUS

Lu Bu vs Gizka fecht when???
>>
File: Jeb!.png (1MB, 790x602px) Image search: [Google]
Jeb!.png
1MB, 790x602px
>>51740597
>>
Hey Jimmy. If I get the $70 pack, do I get any digital content unlocked by the stretch goals? It's not very clear.
>>
>>51741817
You should ask in the comments of the KS, so we can answer you publicly.

But yes, that's what it means. It'd be kind of retarded otherwise.
>>
>>51741865
Also, Bones is telling me we can open up additional slots for certain reward levels if you guys really want them, we're just trying not to go overboard.
>>
>>51741894
$200, maybe $150 and $130
>>
>>51741205
Did you really look at the number and think "this will pay for a round trip ticket anywhere in the world in addition to the other stuff"?
>>
>>51741346
Probably would be a very high stretch goal, or (more likely) just gets its own kickstarter later.
>>
>>51740597
Are the skies falling and rivers running blood?
>>
>23 backers on kikespammer
>63 unique IPs on 4chan
So if we assume that most of the regulars will pay for the thing, it'll be just about funded with zero shilling.
>>
>>51741865
>kind of retarded
James "Jimmy Rome" Lacombe in charge of political correctness and marketing.
>>
Jimmi is a PayPal method still in the works or should I get a Prepaid CC from a gas station or something tomorrow?
>>
>>51742058
I don't know about you, but I want that $21k stretch goal. I think it's still worth shilling.
>>
Jimmy

Hey Jimmy

Give us a shilling guide
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 472x267px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 472x267px
Trends aren't indicative of reality, especially the early trends, but could you fucking imagine? What would that money even go towards?
>>
>>51742121
Maybe we'd get that Age of Sail setting!
>>
>>51742121
A Blue/Blue OVA?

A dark ritual that allows Galt to ascend to his rightful place in the heavens?

But seriously, can we somehow get Easton or Lindy or Skalla or whomever in the HEMA community to give it a look? That could expand the audience immeasurably.
>>
File: 1243682716.png (138KB, 352x569px) Image search: [Google]
1243682716.png
138KB, 352x569px
>>51740597
>it's actually real
>>
>>51742140
>settings
>money
That depends on Jimmy's available time and his relationship with the bottles of whisky that remain secreted around his house, eternally tempting him. Funds only relate to art, layout, and physical printing.
>>
>>51742074
I'll discuss it with the men, but it'd probably be better if you did the latter so that we will have a higher chance of succeeding. Or you could wait a few days.

>>51742106
I don't want to encourage anything obnoxious. Just tell people you know. I'm sure we'll get a visibility bump when we remake this thread with the announcement.
>>
>>51742245
I hope you covered rpg reddit and other TRoS successors forums.
>>
>>51742245
So for those of us who don't have many friends, there's not much we can do?
>>
>>51742245
Just remember to include the roll20 link in the OP.

Also, holy fuck, you degenerates actually did it!
>>
>average backer price is almost $200
>the $200 tier is already full
Way to make me feel poor, lads.
>>
>>51742376
>the $200 tier is "your faggy OC gets to be an authentic Vosca donut steel!"
>>
>>51742020
No, but I wanted to see Jimmy's memoirs.
>>
I'm happy. I really am.

But, you know, I always dreamed that Galt would be here to share the moment with us.
>>
>>51742586
Where is that old serbian cockstomper?
>>
File: CryingBeautyPP.png (308KB, 805x675px) Image search: [Google]
CryingBeautyPP.png
308KB, 805x675px
>>51742586
>But, you know, I always dreamed that Galt would be here to share the moment with us.
>>
>>51742684
Dusan is in Mexico right now. He'll be back around the 30th. We didn't tell him we were launching because we didn't want to freak him out.
>>
>>51742721
Why- why would he freak out?
What black sacraments did you perform to launch?
>>
>>51742721
Why the fuck is he in Mexico?
>>
Is there a usable playable lates version in one pdf, or do I have to download one pdf and a dozen pdf's of Jimmy's collected ramblings?
Also Jimmy, how's Galt doing?
>>
>>51742721
He'll probably just freak out more when he learns you launched without even telling him.
>>
File: this wounds the wizard.jpg (61KB, 329x402px) Image search: [Google]
this wounds the wizard.jpg
61KB, 329x402px
>>51740597
Finally I have the strength to go on!
>>
Holy shit it's actually happening. You madmen actually did it!
>>
File: 1478514911169.png (1MB, 864x1105px) Image search: [Google]
1478514911169.png
1MB, 864x1105px
>It's been 4 hours
>Over halfway done
Well this has escalated quickly.
>>
>>51742721
More Visionary Noble PLUS please.
>>
Does the version linked in the kickstarter have all the latest rules and shit?
>>
>>51742721
I don't know if it's possible, but could we get a tier between Kingsguard+ and Gamemaster+ with kingsguard+stuff and the army cards?
>>
There's a forum of Song of Swords on spacebattles. Give it a bump if you're a member:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/song-of-swords-rpg-now-on-kickstarter.494800/

>>51743746
Tier 5 races were cut out and Unkindlies aren't included, but there's more BDin stuff and it's better overall to learn the system through.
>>
>>51742721
>>51743963
Also, why is there only a Gamemaster PLUS+ tier, and no just Gamemaster tier?
>>
File: dog.png (90KB, 1173x293px) Image search: [Google]
dog.png
90KB, 1173x293px
Halfway there famalams

>>51743963
You can add 15$ on top of your kingsguard+ pledge and get the cards as addon
>>
Who's Daniel Paris?
>>
>>51743969
Isn't SB super against the various chans?
>>
>>51744151
Dead guy.
>>
We burned through this thread pretty quickly
>>
>>51744151
The staff and some people are to some extent, but anyone who discovers SoS will find out about /tg/ if they do a cursory look up of it.
>>
Other than Spacebattles, has it been posted anywhere else?
>>
>>51744151
Claymore's deceased brother, and a very close friend of mine before his unfortunate passing. The project is dedicated in large part to his memory.
>>
>>51740597
Gizka doesn't have any Pistol proficiency?
>>
File: Drugs.gif (10KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Drugs.gif
10KB, 600x450px
>>51745443
>>
>>51745614
>>51745614
>>51745614
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.