[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the most unique setting you've ever had?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: an octopus tea party.jpg (822KB, 752x997px) Image search: [Google]
an octopus tea party.jpg
822KB, 752x997px
Whats the most unique setting you've ever had?
>>
>>51611376
It took place during the civil war and one of the main NPCs was a Pixie confederate officer that referred to the PCs as shit eating slaves of the union the PCs weren't even aiding the union in anyway
>>
Like the anime GATE except instead of the JSDF, it's cyberpunk & instead of generic fantasy world, it's fantasy world full of monstergirls. Harpies with plasma rifles, lamia with beam swords, etc..
>>
It was a private dimension serving as colossal magic stables housing all kinds of magical farm animals (like intelligent cows shooting lightnings out of their udders). The PC's were gongfermors tasked with taking out their shit, which was an incredibly heroic suicide mission. One of the players (his class was Devil's Advocate, and yes, that's an actual class) had to seduce the emperor of pigs with exotic dancing at one point.

It was exactly like it sounds. But you can't say something even remotely close has ever been done before or since.
>>
>>51613778
>gongfermors
At least I learned a new word from this.
>>
Ancient Egyptian Delta Green.
>>
Personally, the one that sticks in my mind was a dieselpunk kingdom on one part of a mobius strip world, rotated by "twin deities", with magic being the result of being born just as the world 'flips' between night and day, and magic items all having some level of intelligence that grows over time alongside their power. The default races being humans, trolls(read diesel fueled super-soldiers), subterranean salamander men, sentient piles of rocks, and dwarves that are simultaneously mammals, insects, plants, and fungi... the main conflict if I recall was a civil war over the rights of smaller civilizations and the trolls and mages which were treated like second class citizens and subject to lynch mobs or worse, and though it only lasted a couple sessions the DM had also set up that -something- nasty was brewing on one of The Strip's twelve moons that might or might not have been an alien swarm.
>>
>>51612924
Pixie? Not Dixie? What were you going to type? Ha ha this is funny
>>
The totality of the multiverse collapsed into a single world, with the ascendant group associated with one of 6 fundamental elements surviving the apocalypse of their universe to exist on this world.

I never when anywhere with it.
>>
File: shitposting loudly.jpg (193KB, 579x345px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting loudly.jpg
193KB, 579x345px
It was originally a thought experiment on what kind of evolutionary path could create some common fantasy creatures. Since I happened to start with Dragons, Griffons, and Pegasi, I eventually determined that it would require vertebrates to have evolved along a hexapod body plan rather than being quadrupedal.

So what I ended up with was a setting kind of like the Carboniferous rainforests but with more mammals, and also everything has six limbs. Giant bugs, lots of reptiles and amphibians, plants absolutely everywhere, and also there are some mammals here too.

I might run it once I figure out a way to get some sapient races in there.
>>
The goddess of death was killed in an apocalyptic event with the majority of reality. No death goddess means no one die, but no one is reborn. A small kingdom persists in the remnant of reality (literally two cities, some desert, some farmlands). Humanity's population counts in thousands of functionally immortal people who don't know what to do, and find different things to pass the time.

Several centuries later, the true apocalypse comes, and we're supposed to save the souls of all those people.

Woooh! That was a blast.
>>
>>51616770
tell us more!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.