[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody have experience in working for geedubs? Primarily as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Anybody have experience in working for geedubs? Primarily as a sales assistant. How was it? Is the pay good?
>>
>>51610112
>no minimum wage in the UK
>>
>>51610112
Ooo you get to wear jeans at work. I'd do it.
>>
>>51610112

>walk into GW
>not into tabletop shit
>looking for games manuals just for lore purposes
>big table in the middle of the floor
>lots of basement-dwellers between the ages of 10 and 40 crowded around it
>all of them go silent and look at you (never in the eyes) like you've just walked into their living room
>"can I help you" in nasal voice
>"just looking, cheers"
>game continues and they're all bickering about some shit
>find the 40K Daemons book I was after
>take it to till
>"ah you like this, well how about all these other things?"
>offers me dozens of tiny shitty unpainted metal and plastic statues
>fucking mental prices for this shit
>"nah, I'm good, mate"
>gives me book
>raining out
>"can I get a bag, too?"
>guy sighs like it's the hardest thing in the world
>"you really earn that pay check, eh?"
>he just looks down and shuffles away
>as I'm leaving, I hear one say "I would've punched his lights out"
>stop and turn back
>"what was that?"
>they're all wide-eyed and looking at one person
>he's looking at the floor
>"enjoy your game, kids"
>leave shaking my head

Why does anyone want to work in that kind of place?
>>
>>51612982
Eh. Sounds like you got a bad experience mate. Most are generally alright. Cashier sounds like a cunt though
>>
>>51610112
>How was it?
It's better than most retail jobs, but still a retail job.
>>
>>51612982
>Be a cunt to CS people
>Be offended when they dare to remember their human beings

I understand you don't understand, so let me explain. The store clerk doesn't control the mental prices. The store clerk is required to try and sell you something, anything.

Coming in and just looking around is, while something that is totally your right, something stressful and annoying for the store worker. You aren't buying anything, just hovering around being a theft risk and/or taking up time. Believe.me.i understand - you just want the clerk's to leave you the fuck alone so you can look. But they can't ignore you, and the fact you're there is probably throwing them off. Not your problem, mind you, and I fully support people's right to go into any store and look. But just looking is also a red flag for "waiting for you to get distracted so I can steal shit", so they gotta pester you.

Then you make a snarky comment about their job. Nothing really too bad, but not cool. The cashier/other employee is having a bad day, takes it too hard and makes a social faux pas.

The staff were in the wrong and should try to be less clubhouse about the place but m8 CS staff are miserable enough as it is.
>>
>>51612982
Let me guess, everyone on the street was applauding as well?
>>
>>51613158
I don't think discussing physically assaulting a customer is "making a social faux pas".
>>
>>51612982
You're really proud of being a cunt, huh?
>>
>>51610112

Pay is better than minimum wage, at least it is for me. Biggest draw is the discount on company product, makes buying my dude a hell of a lot cheaper. Sadly this means I end up putting a lot of my paycheck back into the store. They're cunning like that, but if you can resist the temptation its as good as any other job, and it makes the hobby easier for you.
>>
>>51613222
Honestly it seems plausible, the kind of nerds that spend time at a shop like that are usually pretty pathetic.

>>51613158
Neither not being able to get a bag for a customer without whinging or talking shit behind someone's back and then not being able to square up are okay
>>
>>51610112
Yeah. I worked for them for 3 years. It was shitty. I got paid to play games (but let the wookie win), and teach kids how to paint models. As well as paint minaitures and take care of a store.

However it is an extrely high-pressure sales environment. Your job literally depends on how well you hit target numbers. The turnover rate for the company is obscene. The community is caustic, and the game rules only add to that with how blatantly unbalanced and sales driven everything is. And the bosses that go higher up in the company are the most ruthless, soulless, pieces of shit you could ever imagine. They are "bosses", not leaders.

So try for it. It's fun in your early twenties. But don't fool yourself into thinking you're going to get anywhere in the company without losing your humanity (or working in Nottingham).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.