[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: PrLyRs8.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
PrLyRs8.gif
1MB, 500x280px
/tg/, Why do you homebrew?

Also a homebrew thread, I guess
>>
>>51606213
Two Reasons:

1) 5e doesn't have the options I want, and the homebrew community for 5e is massive, and pretty good at balanced content. It's also non-existent on /tg/.

2) I'm working to become a vidya designer with a focus on game mechanics. I love system analysis and modding, so I homebrew. Not sure if anyone will play, but hey, it's at least fun for me.
>>
File: 1457462845388.jpg (149KB, 882x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457462845388.jpg
149KB, 882x960px
>>51606213

1) for fun
2) there is no game that is just perfect for me in every aspect
3) so there is a system that fits the worldbuilding I do
>>
>>51606213
Homebrews more or less go to /gdg/ >>51546370

I homebrew because it's fun and it's my obsession.

I'm the one who made pic related (in case you've been to 5eg). There's also a separate version that is a full-on class, but due to the new Sorcerer UA, I thought making a base class variant would be better.
>>
File: ca9.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ca9.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>51606515
OP here
That's awesome, dude! I saw this earlier, and I liked it. I think this setup makes more sense for what I'm used to thinking a sorcerer is. I'm a recent 3.5 convert and the idea of sorcerers origins is new and weird to me still, but a lot of this stuff is super cool regardless

Does wizards supply the fonts, background, decorations, etc. they use to make rulebooks to the public? All of the ones I've seen so far (including yours) look fantastic and at the same level of quality as the core books
>>
>>51606658
Mine is done in Homebrewery.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/

And the image was processed in the style as provided in this tutorial:

http://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/134421010799/phb-homebrewing-tutorial

I think resources can be found online, but I don't think Wizards itself supplies them.
>>
>>51608229
That is, save for the DM:s guild, for whom they supply some resources such as pictures, but mine is just from an artist whom I asked for permission to use the art.
>>
>>51606213
1. Modules and settings is a fuckton of reading and only 20% will be relevant as the players won't explore the rest.

2. As a game designer I want to keep the creative juices flowing and keep creating.

3. I want to mess with any player who tries to meta-game by reading the Monster Manuals or thinks that they understand the world.
>>
>>51606213
Because I like researching and making a game from the ground up, based on first hand accounts.

Currently working on a WW2 air combat game, and listening to a lot of interviews with veteran pilots.
>>
File: Ms-06-fz-kai-b-type.png (1MB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-06-fz-kai-b-type.png
1MB, 1024x770px
>>51606213
Because there's not a single fucking good system that lets you pilot mobile suits and feel good about it.
>>
Because I like tinkering with game mechanics. Filling out spreadsheets with calculations to stress-test mechanics is my idea of fun.

Also, I have never been able to play a game and not think something along the lines of "Maybe this could be better if ___" or "What if you also could ___". Homebrewing is pretty much a goddamn compulsive behavior for me, even if I end up using very little of it.
>>
>>51610033
the best stress testing is done by playtesting, ideally with a powergamer who will attempt to break your system.
>>
>>51610220
I know, but playtesters are hard to come by.
>>
>>51610242
ask touhou, he'll do it for free
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.